PDA

View Full Version : 240 Million $ to change names?(Ukraine)

Benedikt
21-05-2015, 05:59
..wonder who will pay Shoko Pedro for that? The USA or EU? for sure not Frau Merkel.... And what will they do in the end? for the cameras tear down a few Lenin and Stalin statues and remove street names... and the rest will disappear in to the pockets of friends who will print glossy brochures with the names of new villages that no one knew and still does not know. and new letterheads of these places for the offices of the Governor...

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russia-bucks-trend-of-soviet-states-outlawing-communist-symbols/521926.html

TolkoRaz
21-05-2015, 09:29
May be they will have Westward / European leaning names........for example,
Brussels Avenue?

All Ukrainian roads lead to Brussels! ;)

rumple_stilskin
21-05-2015, 13:18
Brussels Avenue?

Rothschild statue to replace lenin|?

Banker paradise, banker lane, Goldman sach place, ......

Nobbynumbnuts
21-05-2015, 13:31
Brussels Avenue?

It's their choice. No one questions India's decision for example to change place names and pull down oppressive symbols of the past after independence.

Ukraine wants to join the EU, again their choice.

FatAndy
21-05-2015, 13:41
..wonder who will pay Shoko Pedro for that? The USA or EU? for sure not Frau Merkel.... And what will they do in the end? for the cameras tear down a few Lenin and Stalin statues and remove street names... and the rest will disappear in to the pockets of friends who will print glossy brochures with the names of new villages that no one knew and still does not know. and new letterheads of these places for the offices of the Governor...

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russia-bucks-trend-of-soviet-states-outlawing-communist-symbols/521926.html
Well, when a bobcat has nothing to do, he licks b@ll$. It fully describes Parashenko and his banderlog govt.

Judge
21-05-2015, 16:24
like in Tbilisi,George W. Bush St

Nuland Avenue,
McCain Boulevard

@Nobby, agree about having a choice. ......I wonder if Ukraine will hold an EU referendum,one day.

Nobbynumbnuts
21-05-2015, 16:43
........@Nobby, agree about having a choice. ......I wonder if Ukraine will hold an EU referendum,one day.

Don't know if they will. They don't have to as long as who ever is in power at the time has run for election on a strong 'yes' platform.

Looks like UK will be having one but i'm pretty certain we won't get a 'No' vote..

Judge
22-05-2015, 08:02
Don't know if they will. They don't have to as long as who ever is in power at the time has run for election on a strong 'yes' platform.

Looks like UK will be having one but i'm pretty certain we won't get a 'No' vote..

UK, No vote, not sure, nearly 4 million voted ukip, if there's a low turn out,it could be very close.
Ukip voters for sure will make it to the polls...

Nobbynumbnuts
22-05-2015, 11:14
UK, No vote, not sure, nearly 4 million voted ukip, if there's a low turn out,it could be very close.
Ukip voters for sure will make it to the polls...

..when it comes time, there'll be a majority for a Yes vote. Risk is too great.
Will be a disaster for Cameron, who proposed the referendum. Britain leaving the EU and Scotland almost certainly then leaving UK......

Judge
22-05-2015, 14:10
..when it comes time, there'll be a majority for a Yes vote. Risk is too great.
Will be a disaster for Cameron, who proposed the referendum. Britain leaving the EU and Scotland almost certainly then leaving UK......

Depends for who is the risk greatest,for the UK or for the future of the EU without the UK,
We could see the UK a part member, do a Norway ,Iceland,Switzerland .
The battle of the unions :book:

Judge
22-05-2015, 14:21
Talking about the Ukraine joining the EU,

The EU is not ready to welcome its eastern non-member partners, including Ukraine, according to a leaked draft resolution ahead of the Eastern Partnership Summit. German Chancellor Angela Merkel warned EU leaders not to make false promises.
http://rt.com/news/261029-eu-membership-ukraine-problems/

and in other news,debt ridden EU,helps to bail out Ukraine,
The European Union and Ukraine have signed a third loan agreement for Ukraine worth €1.8 billion. The EU says helping Ukraine’s ailing economy is now one of the biggest challenges for Europe.

FatAndy
22-05-2015, 14:23
and Scotland almost certainly then leaving UK......
... and becomes a nuclear weapons holder... nice. :devilish:

What about North Ireland and Wales? When we'll see the full destruction of rotten Windsor's regime? ;)

Judge
22-05-2015, 14:36

What about North Ireland and Wales? When we'll see the full destruction of rotten Windsor's regime? ;)

More worrisome is Yorkshire and above joining Scotland,
I'm not making this up,

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/the-northerner/2015/may/14/thousands-sign-petition-calling-for-north-of-england-to-be-part-of-scotland

Nobbynumbnuts
22-05-2015, 14:42

..if it happens, watch carefully. Will be democratic, open, fair and no violence. Then if all that wasn't enough, we'll have good relations with our neighbors............How civilized countries operate! :D

FatAndy
22-05-2015, 14:44
..if it happens, watch carefully.
For sure ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
22-05-2015, 14:45
More worrisome is Yorkshire and above joining Scotland,
I'm not making this up,

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/the-northerner/2015/may/14/thousands-sign-petition-calling-for-north-of-england-to-be-part-of-scotland

This time next year, there'll be another fad :roll eyes:

Judge
22-05-2015, 14:52
This time next year, there'll be another fad :roll eyes:

Like, a Northern Ireland vote to join the Republic,
Cameron is offering referendums left,right and centre. ...who knows. ...

Just read,

Northern Ireland Secretary Theresa Villiers has the power to call for a vote at any time under the conditions of the Good Friday Agreement.

Nobbynumbnuts
22-05-2015, 15:02
For sure ;)

..i also advise taking notes! :D

FatAndy
22-05-2015, 15:06
..i also advise taking notes! :D
I'll record full online broadcast from RF spies on the place.

Nobbynumbnuts
22-05-2015, 15:09
I'll record full online broadcast from RF spies on the place.

No need for spies. Thousands and thousands of Russians enjoying life here..;)

Nobbynumbnuts
22-05-2015, 15:13
Like, a Northern Ireland vote to join the Republic,
Cameron is offering referendums left,right and centre. ...who knows. ...

Just read,

..it's called democracy. The people have a right to vote on issues if there is enough support for them. A further devolved UK is a good thing, putting power into local peoples hands.
Cameron is giving more power to cities in the UK too. Mayor or Liverpool and Manchester for example and keeping a larger % of their taxes to spend as they wish..

FatAndy
22-05-2015, 15:43
No need for spies. Thousands and thousands of Russians enjoying life here..;)
You don't understand, comrade, but for foreigner it's pardonable ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
22-05-2015, 16:40
You don't understand, comrade........

..good job you're here to explain to us How to organise ourselves........Your experience speaks volumes! Lol :p

Judge
22-05-2015, 16:53
..it's called democracy. The people have a right to vote on issues if there is enough support for them. A further devolved UK is a good thing, putting power into local peoples hands.
Cameron is giving more power to cities in the UK too. Mayor or Liverpool and Manchester for example and keeping a larger % of their taxes to spend as they wish..

Maybe too much power in the hands of the common folk , or in the hands of corrupt officials. ..
Ending up like America, where each state can hold a referendum if enough people want one,kinda like what's going on with the legalization of marijuana...It's not legal on a federal level but state......

It's high time the UK put the legalization of marijuana to a vote :lovepot:

FatAndy
22-05-2015, 17:19
..good job you're here to explain to us How to organise ourselves........Your experience speaks volumes! Lol :p
Not about your internal petty intrigues, comrade. :) Only nukes are in the zone of somewhat interest. I meant our spies, they're between those enjoying life here ;)

MPs are already smoking, why others can't? :doh:

Nobbynumbnuts
22-05-2015, 18:11
Maybe too much power in the hands of the common folk , or in the hands of corrupt officials. ..
Ending up like America, where each state can hold a referendum if enough people want one,kinda like what's going on with the legalization of marijuana...It's not legal on a federal level but state......

..corrupt officials? Is there any evidence that centralized government is less corrupt than localized government? I think by definition it isn't.
Is there evidence that corruption is really such a problem in UK governance? It exists of course and can be improved.

I think the right of local people to a level of self determination is a good thing. Especially when talking about the North-South divide, part of the problem has been northerners complain of funds and decision making coming from Westminster. Now they have a say forging their own future.

Britain is a constitutional monarchy, completely different from America. Highly unlikely that's going to change...

Again, doesn't have to rely on a referendum by the people to get the law changed on legalizing marijuana. Governments change laws all the time.
If enough people voice their opposition then MP's (from all sides) will stand at elections on a platform of reform. ......At the end of the day, MP's want to
win votes.
Anyway, marijuana is pretty much decriminalized as it is.

Nobbynumbnuts
22-05-2015, 18:18
.....Only nukes are in the zone of somewhat interest...

..of course. If your priorities are regional instability and conflict then the size of your opponent's (real or imaginary) arsenals are vital. ;)

Judge
22-05-2015, 19:47
..corrupt officials? Is there any evidence that centralized government is less corrupt than localized government? I think by definition it isn't.
Is there evidence that corruption is really such a problem in UK governance? It exists of course and can be improved.

I think the right of local people to a level of self determination is a good thing. Especially when talking about the North-South divide, part of the problem has been northerners complain of funds and decision making coming from Westminster. Now they have a say forging their own future.

Britain is a constitutional monarchy, completely different from America. Highly unlikely that's going to change...

Again, doesn't have to rely on a referendum by the people to get the law changed on legalizing marijuana. Governments change laws all the time.
If enough people voice their opposition then MP's (from all sides) will stand at elections on a platform of reform. ......At the end of the day, MP's want to
win votes.
Anyway, marijuana is pretty much decriminalized as it is.

Corruption is getting worse in the UK, see here,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358665/UK-corruption-getting-worse-poll-finds-20-Britons-admit-bribing-public-service-officials.html
Ok, from your not so fav rag,but still.
Now giving officials more money and power will leader to higher levels of corruption. .

You say,more power to the cities, and why not to the counties in the future, this is where too much democracy could lead to...passing their own laws,maybe not on our lifetime but....

Nobbynumbnuts
22-05-2015, 20:12
Corruption is getting worse in the UK, see here,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358665/UK-corruption-getting-worse-poll-finds-20-Britons-admit-bribing-public-service-officials.html
Ok, from your not so fav rag,but still.
Now giving officials more money and power will leader to higher levels of corruption. .

You say,more power to the cities, and why not to the counties in the future, this is where too much democracy could lead to...passing their own laws,maybe not on our lifetime but....

Well, things never stay the same, they're either getting better or getting worse. Still, i wouldn't read too much into a poll in the daily mail as evidence that corruption is getting worse. And corruption is coming from a relatively low base in the UK anyway.

And a poll in the Daily Mail is your proof corruption will get worse if more power is given to cities?
At the moment, central government decides how much is allocated but the cities set their own budgets and decide where to spend. All that will change is that more money will be raised locally. Hardly grounds for corruption on a Russian scale! ;)

I believe the UK is stronger as a union with Scotland part of it. That doesn't mean Scotland (or anywhere else) can't have more powers in local hands. It's not either or.....

Your own Liverpool stands to gain. Perhaps this is the move that's needed to provide a change in the city's long term fortunes..

Uncle Wally
23-05-2015, 00:13
Well, things never stay the same, they're either getting better or getting worse. Still, i wouldn't read too much into a poll in the daily mail as evidence that corruption is getting worse. And corruption is coming from a relatively low base in the UK anyway.

And a poll in the Daily Mail is your proof corruption will get worse if more power is given to cities?
At the moment, central government decides how much is allocated but the cities set their own budgets and decide where to spend. All that will change is that more money will be raised locally. Hardly grounds for corruption on a Russian scale! ;)

I believe the UK is stronger as a union with Scotland part of it. That doesn't mean Scotland (or anywhere else) can't have more powers in local hands. It's not either or.....

Your own Liverpool stands to gain. Perhaps this is the move that's needed to provide a change in the city's long term fortunes..

Russia scale? Nothing compared to Ukraine and your government wants to arm them and take them into NATO?

Typical numbnuts Russian bashing.

Judge
23-05-2015, 06:57

From what I read, things are getting much worse in the UK, with all the more cuts on the way.
From a low base,nice way if putting it:10293:
The DM is only reporting the poll that was taken by others, the findings are staggering.

yes, corruption is on the rise...

Why not,I'm sure there will be lots of scandals in the future, like I said, where there is more money, more chance of corruption. .
We aren't discussion Russia,always easy to compare to other countries to make one feel better, that the situation is worse somewhere else, btw,it wasn't Russian banks that were just fined for rigging the foreign exchange ,only few billion fined, that's small scale lolol.

I agree, probbaly bigger is better than stronger, but not in all cases, take the EU ,it's much bigger, too big which is leading to too many problems

Your own Liverpool stands to gain. Perhaps this is the move that's needed to provide a change in the city's long term fortunes.

I support the football team,I ain't from there :).....Agree ,but,,more money is needed for the poorer parts of the UK,less money spent on wars and supporting wars and more spent at home,not just 1000s of pounds, but millions. .or we could say, the money given to the EU should be spent at home instead.....the UK gives something like 14 bn pounds to the EU and only gets like half back in subsidies ...

cos of personal reasons, I would prefer to see the UK staying in the EU....but I can understand why many would want out...

About UK corruption, this time from a more serious paper,
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/18/corruption-rife-britain

Nobbynumbnuts
23-05-2015, 10:30
From what I read, things are getting much worse in the UK, with all the more cuts on the way.
From a low base,nice way if putting it:10293:
The DM is only reporting the poll that was taken by others, the findings are staggering.

Why not,I'm sure there will be lots of scandals in the future, like I said, where there is more money, more chance of corruption. .
We aren't discussion Russia,always easy to compare to other countries to make one feel better, that the situation is worse somewhere else, btw,it wasn't Russian banks that were just fined for rigging the foreign exchange ,only few billion fined, that's small scale lolol.

I agree, probbaly bigger is better than stronger, but not in all cases, take the EU ,it's much bigger, too big which is leading to too many problems

I support the football team,I ain't from there :).....Agree ,but,,more money is needed for the poorer parts of the UK,less money spent on wars and supporting wars and more spent at home,not just 1000s of pounds, but millions. .or we could say, the money given to the EU should be spent at home instead.....the UK gives something like 14 bn pounds to the EU and only gets like half back in subsidies ...

cos of personal reasons, I would prefer to see the UK staying in the EU....but I can understand why many would want out...

About UK corruption, this time from a more serious paper,
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/18/corruption-rife-britain

Cuts mean reducing money but your saying 'more money means more corruption'

You're saying i'm wrong to compare Britain to Russia but you just linked the Guardian which has 'The Corruption Index' (comparison of all nations) at the heart of it's argument. If you don't compare you have no context.

Britain is more transparent. Scandals/corruption get reported in the press all the time. It's investigative journalism which often uncovers these things. That's pretty much non existent in Russia. Simply put we all know about the details of what happens in the UK because of openness. In Russia we don't.

The article in the Guardian is another throw back to the banks. Agreed more needs to be done.

The problem with the EU is not size, it's about regulation. It's needs closer integration to succeed. One currency and 19 independent central banks (eurozone) isn't working.
(..on another point. If Ukraine joins the EU then it will have to clean up it's act to get in. A great incentive for them to do so. Ukraine in the EU will mean less corruption there. Russia doesn't have that incentive to clean up)

Your point about more money being spent on the poorer parts of the Uk is the one i'm making, the north-south divide. Under current plans they will get more money. Manchester is a good example of what can be achieved.

....and your about to lose Stirling to United, City or Chelsea! lol :p

Judge
26-05-2015, 00:38
Sone posts moved here.
http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=668705