PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the forum is sadly loosing it's appeal :(

vossy7
01-05-2015, 19:48
So we have been out of Moscow for a while and note that many people have not been posting for a while which is sad.
looks like Ben is the only constant poster.
Got back to our dacha today and really pleased to see things turning green....it's like new life again......hopefully we can see some new life in the forum soon :10518:

Judge
01-05-2015, 20:56
It is the holiday season, a few members are away, like Natlee and Raz,

I like your gazebo, is that a fireplace at the back, ,I want to build one similar with a fireplace in the middle,to sit around it..how much does something like that cost?

:10518: to you too, dacha and shashlik season is officially open.

Btw, you also have been awol,we were gonna send the search and rescue. .

Benedikt
01-05-2015, 21:15
[QUOTE=Judge;1417471]It is the holiday season, a few members are away, like Natlee and Raz,
but indeed the site, while not been taken over, is slowly showing signs that there are a few posters here that only let their own opinions be acceptable. or have weird opinions about their ideas and things how WE should think and function. more and more i ignore these post, put people on my ignore list, and put fewer replies. and that i assume are more and more posters doing as well.

Judge
01-05-2015, 21:40
[COLOR="RedIt is the holiday season, a few members are away, like Natlee and Raz,[/COLOR]
but indeed the site, while not been taken over, is slowly showing signs that there are a few posters here that only let their own opinions be acceptable. or have weird opinions about their ideas and things how WE should think and function. more and more i ignore these post, put people on my ignore list, and put fewer replies. and that i assume are more and more posters doing as well.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, be it right or wrong no big deal really,some might like to think they are always right...ignoring a member usually does the trick....it's like in a pub, you ignore the know it all and the bullshitters. ..just get on with drinking your pint,,

vossy7
01-05-2015, 21:54

I like your gazebo, is that a fireplace at the back, ,I want to build one similar with a fireplace in the middle,to sit around it..how much does something like that cost?

J, not our fireplace but a really great open BBQ which in full flight is like a big fireplace and we only use wood , beech and oak , to give real good flavor to whatever we are cooking. We bought the dacha back in 2001 and we had the gazebo built by some local builders who we have not seen since.
It was very inexpensive then , like 40,000 Rubles :)

tonytony
01-05-2015, 22:07
Got back to our dacha today and really pleased to see things turning green

Vossy,

I'm going to be really nosey here so feel free to ignore me.

Are you really right on the edge of a lake - or is it a river?

Why have you fenced off your access to the water? I would have thought a small wooden jetty to use to jump into the water would have been excellent for the summer. Or at the very least just some steps down to the water's edge.

Judge
01-05-2015, 22:10
J, not our fireplace but a really great open BBQ which in full flight is like a big fireplace and we only use wood , beech and oak , to give real good flavor to whatever we are cooking. We bought the dacha back in 2001 and we had the gazebo built by some local builders who we have not seen since.
It was very inexpensive then , like 40,000 Rubles :)

Bargain at that price, but it's like 14 years ago,now maybe 80000
Come rain or shine you can cook your meat, my idea is to have fireplace in middle with around table, 2 tables one on top that rotates ,saw this idea when watching a doc about Tolstoy,he had table in his house, spin to pass the salt.

Judge
01-05-2015, 22:14
Vossy,

Why have you fenced off your access to the water? I would have thought a small wooden jetty to use to jump into the water would have been excellent for the summer. Or at the very least just some steps down to the water's edge.

If you zoom in right at the back, you can see black railings going down to the river ,also you can make out a gate ,follow the path..

TolkoRaz
01-05-2015, 22:22

I am just back from 2 weeks in the sandbox and the Middle Eastern heat - Unless I have to go to NovoRossiya, next trip will be Cairo, so will be back posting for the next couple of weeks before I head off again for some more tear gas etc! ;)

TolkoRaz
01-05-2015, 22:28
Next expat.ru party at vossy7's dacha?

I hear he is not a bad cook either! ;)

vossy7
01-05-2015, 22:57
Vossy,

TT.....we have not fenced off , there are some rules about access so we have to be careful ....this is our small jetty in the winter and we have just put that ladder back for swimming , we do all the tests on the water with a chemist friend every year and all has been clear since we have been here...

vossy7
01-05-2015, 22:59
Next expat.ru party at vossy7's dacha?

I hear he is not a bad cook either! ;)

TR.....have you just dusted yourself down from your desert antics? :)
Sorry ....I missed your other post......well the Oirish are a bit slow :)

natlee
02-05-2015, 01:14
I'm here, enjoying sunny Côte d'Azur :verycool:

:D

Judge
02-05-2015, 03:33

Hi Nat, it's a little misty there, no need for the shades. ..

Benedikt
02-05-2015, 05:22
Hi Nat, it's a little misty there, no need for the shades. ..

it was rain all the way in from the farm, sunny all day long in town,rain all the way out again. now it is ONLY windy, overcast, drizzling and cool. for the Parade in a weeks time the locals here forecast cold and snow, because Moscow is seeding the clouds,:ak: so they have nice weather. and we go skiing.....:D

Judge
02-05-2015, 06:46
it was rain all the way in from the farm, sunny all day long in town,rain all the way out again. now it is ONLY windy, overcast, drizzling and cool. for the Parade in a weeks time the locals here forecast cold and snow, because Moscow is seeding the clouds,:ak: so they have nice weather. and we go skiing.....:D

The experts predict a sunny day for the 9th,but they have been known to be wrong like many other experts ...Come rain or shine, the show must go on..

Judge
02-05-2015, 07:30
I am just back from 2 weeks in the sandbox and the Middle Eastern heat - Unless I have to go to NovoRossiya, next trip will be Cairo, so will be back posting for the next couple of weeks before I head off again for some more tear gas etc! ;)

Crimea is very popular this time of the year, will be interesting to seethe figures of visitors compared to previous years. ...sandbox, won't get me anywhere near there , too hot,not enough greenery..

Benedikt
02-05-2015, 07:35
The experts predict a sunny day for the 9th,but they have been known to be wrong like many other experts ...Come rain or shine, the show must go on..

and if it will cost millions. i remember during JML times, clouds were seeded, 1 Million rubles a plane, and they had anything from 10 to 20 planes on standby.
weather has changed on the farm, sunny, few clouds, will be a great day, i hope so at least...

Judge
02-05-2015, 07:53
and if it will cost millions. i remember during JML times, clouds were seeded, 1 Million rubles a plane, and they had anything from 10 to 20 planes on standby.
weather has changed on the farm, sunny, few clouds, will be a great day, i hope so at least...

There shouldn't be a need this year. .

100k north of Moscow, sun is out birds chirping, surrounded by pine, fir and birch,

Some people pay top ruble to visit other places, when you have it all in your backyard. .

Jas
02-05-2015, 07:58
It's good the dikt is ignoring people and replying less but he really needs 2 go further and just fck off.

Jas
02-05-2015, 08:02
So we have been out of Moscow for a while and note that many people have not been posting for a while which is sad.
looks like Ben is the only constant poster and maybe he screwed it up cos he's got down class racist views :10518:

I agree cos he is very boring and stuff.

Jas
02-05-2015, 08:05

Er, u mean Sochi.

Jas
02-05-2015, 08:09
I think everything is ok but u recently got 2 totally boring posters doing all the stuff- the dikt and shurale. Both are deadly boring.
I cant post more cos I am trying 2 improve me Swedish, playing FF with Lightning and also doing lots of swimming.
But I will try 2 do more anyhow.

vossy7
02-05-2015, 08:24

Hey Nat , great to hear from you......hope the sun comes out soon for you :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Jas
02-05-2015, 08:26
Hey Nat , great to hear from you......hope the sun comes out soon for you :sunny::sunny::sunny:

I doubt she's all the way 2 Spain cos it looks same like Sochi. Just sayin.
I was 2 Loretta del Mar and Mallorca also and they don't get freezing mountain mists in may. It's Sochi for sure.

TolkoRaz
02-05-2015, 09:24
Crimea is very popular this time of the year, will be interesting to seethe figures of visitors compared to previous years. ...sandbox, won't get me anywhere near there , too hot,not enough greenery..

Too many recent sandstorms recently too! :eek:

Saves on depilation though! ;)

TolkoRaz
02-05-2015, 09:25
I was 2 Loretta del Mar and Mallorca also and they don't get freezing mountain mists in may. It's Sochi for sure.

It could be Nice! :book:

tonytony
02-05-2015, 12:57
If you zoom in right at the back, you can see black railings going down to the river ,also you can make out a gate ,follow the path..

TT.....we have not fenced off , there are some rules about access so we have to be careful ....this is our small jetty in the winter and we have just put that ladder back for swimming , we do all the tests on the water with a chemist friend every year and all has been clear since we have been here...

Sorry, didn't realise that. I can now see the gate.

I'm so envious of you vossy having a lake at the bottom of your garden that you can just dive into during the summer.

tonytony
02-05-2015, 13:00

Are you really ignorant of that fact that the Côte d'Azur is NOT in Spain

annasophia
02-05-2015, 13:31
^^^
Doubt you'll be getting an answer to that. :clown:

Judge
02-05-2015, 15:36
Sorry, didn't realise that. I can now see the gate.

I'm so envious of you vossy having a lake at the bottom of your garden that you can just dive into during the summer.

It's the way to go, having a house out of Moscow ,saying cos you said you're interested in buying a flat in Moscow....why not a bit of land and build a house, if you need to come to Moscow for work, buy somewhere near a train station, even if you do drive, easier to commute. ..
It's getting more and more popular this way, loads of townhouses being built just outside of
Moscow, and some are same price of a decent flat near the centre, it's like London a few a years ago,commute to the centre ,maybe no commute cos if you can work through the Internet,
hopefully in 2 years I'll be saying goodbye to Moscow and hello to fresh air and nature..

vossy7
02-05-2015, 15:55
It's the way to go, having a house out of Moscow ,saying cos you said you're interested in buying a flat in Moscow....why not a bit of land and build a house, if you need to come to Moscow for work, buy somewhere near a train station, even if you do drive, easier to commute. ..
It's getting more and more popular this way, loads of townhouses being built just outside of
Moscow, and some are same price of a decent flat near the centre, it's like London a few a years ago,commute to the centre ,maybe no commute cos if you can work through the Internet,
hopefully in 2 years I'll be saying goodbye to Moscow and hello to fresh air and nature..

Ha ha....funny you should say that. MIL has arrived form Orel today with a boot load of plants and the three cats inside for the summer . We have been outside planting in the sun and the clouds have just rolled in ....I love the smell of rain on the hot ground.....looking forward to a nice summer :)

Uncle Wally
02-05-2015, 22:02
Got back to our dacha today and really pleased to see things turning green....it's like new life again......hopefully we can see some new life in the forum soon :10518:

I've just been trying to stay busy and get out more so I haven't noticed. I actually jammed with some friends a couple of weeks ago, first time in more than a year. I think you'll find summer here on the forum a bit slow but hey we'll all meet up at your keg party!

natlee
02-05-2015, 22:19
Hi Nat, it's a little misty there, no need for the shades. .. :p

I was 2 Loretta del Mar and Mallorca also and they don't get freezing mountain mists in may. It's Sochi for sure. :nut:

Hey Nat , great to hear from you......hope the sun comes out soon for you :sunny::sunny::sunny: Thanks honey, it's actually sunny here most of the time, but yesterday was... interesting! :nut: :D

Uncle Wally
02-05-2015, 23:28
:p

:nut:

Thanks honey, it's actually sunny here most of the time, but yesterday was... interesting! :nut: :D

Yeah what else to do on a raining day but stay in bed�� interesting in deed!

vossy7
02-05-2015, 23:51
Don't know if I have posted this yet as my MIL is killing me with toasts :eek:
Here she is walking to her first swim of the season.....

Uncle Wally
03-05-2015, 01:42
Don't know if I have posted this yet as my MIL is killing me with toasts :eek:
Here she is walking to her first swim of the season.....

Here and here I was thinking you meant MILF!?

vossy7
03-05-2015, 08:12

Only you Wally :beerbros:

Suuryaa
03-05-2015, 12:05

What is it?

natlee
03-05-2015, 12:28
What is it? You don't wanna know :bowdown:

Suuryaa
03-05-2015, 13:08
You don't wanna know :bowdown:

Ok :).

Uncle Wally
03-05-2015, 13:13
You don't wanna know :bowdown:

What's so bad about "Mom I'd Like to F@#k"?

vossy7
03-05-2015, 17:12
So today .....wow at 14:00 it was a dark as night here and a storm......then some respite form the rain and we continued the early planting ......
I love the early bloomers and the smell of the hyacinths is intoxicating

shurale
04-05-2015, 01:26

I am more than willing to fill this site with interesting content.
How much are you willing to pay?
I am open to your offers.