PDA

View Full Version : Summer work for a Canadian student?

canadiangirl
26-04-2015, 20:01
Hello all,
I realize I asked this question last year, but it is more relevant than ever this year and I would love to hear any advice that I can get.
I am a second year student at the University of Toronto, majoring in Economics and minoring in French language studies. I am fluent in English, Russian, and French. I was wondering what kind of a job I would be able to find in Moscow this summer? I have taught English at an early learning centre in the past but I want to find out if there are any other options for me.
Any advice, or potential job offers starting in May, would be very helpful, thanks!

mr krinkle
26-04-2015, 22:58
Hello all,
I realize I asked this question last year, but it is more relevant than ever this year and I would love to hear any advice that I can get.
I am a second year student at the University of Toronto, majoring in Economics and minoring in French language studies. I am fluent in English, Russian, and French. I was wondering what kind of a job I would be able to find in Moscow this summer? I have taught English at an early learning centre in the past but I want to find out if there are any other options for me.
Any advice, or potential job offers starting in May, would be very helpful, thanks!

HELLO,wow,fluent in 3 languages,you should have no problems finding something...i dont know of any jobs,but there is a position going on this forum as "official hottie and genius".....youre much better qualified than the present incumbent.....

WhiteLight
27-04-2015, 01:29
What would you say to working as translator/editor for TASS?

canadiangirl
27-04-2015, 01:47
What would you say to working as translator/editor for TASS?

That would be incredible! Are they currently hiring?

WhiteLight
27-04-2015, 20:12
I worked for them in the early 90s. It was a common practice back then. Feel free to contact them at ums@itar-tass.com tel. +7 (499) 791-0143, or any of their numerous competitors.

If I were you, I would also take a look at vacancies at local translation agencies. For instance, here (http://abbyy-ls.com/contacts).

canadiangirl
28-04-2015, 01:41
I worked for them in the early 90s. It was a common practice back then. Feel free to contact them at ums@itar-tass.com tel. +7 (499) 791-0143, or any of their numerous competitors.

If I were you, I would also take a look at vacancies at local translation agencies. For instance, here (http://abbyy-ls.com/contacts).

Thank you! I'll definitely look into it.

tasel
03-05-2015, 17:35
Also check for vacancies at kids summer camps.