PDA

View Full Version : Obama, what are you going to do about this?

TolkoRaz
24-04-2015, 14:32
Clearly, life is not THAT happy in the US of A?

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32443396

Nobbynumbnuts
24-04-2015, 15:46
Clearly, life is not THAT happy in the US of A?

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32443396

USA 15/158
Russia 64/158.....below Libya!!

I think Putin's got to do something about that! ;)

Judge
24-04-2015, 16:51
Good to see Iceland up there,it was only a few years ago they had a financial collapse, goes to show how happy the Greeks could be when they tell their creditors to F Off ,wait for their money.

Can't see the full list, where is Libya?

TolkoRaz
24-04-2015, 18:05
What about Afghanistan and Yemen?

I wonder how polling was conducted in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia? ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
24-04-2015, 18:40
Good to see Iceland up there,it was only a few years ago they had a financial collapse, goes to show how happy the Greeks could be when they tell their creditors to F Off ,wait for their money.

Can't see the full list, where is Libya?

http://worldhappiness.report
Scroll down and Download World Happiness Report 2015 7.52 MB

....and Greece wants to stay in the EU :rolleyes:

penka
24-04-2015, 18:55
Those stats and surveys are not worth much.
I lived in Switzerland. They do not accept those amounts of migrants the rest of Europe does. As a foreigner, even with a job/residency permission, you got no say in practice. The Swiss cantons do give a damn about their citizens. NB, Sw is small country, easy to manage.

Island is the hardest cookie to chew on if one is an immigrant-wannabe.

Sweden is easy. As long as you are not a Russian.
They raised the taxes. How much help a regular taxpayer can get versus of one of those sufferers from the Middle East who did not work for a single day?

Norwegians detest the migrants. They got the oil and were smart enough not top join the USA-designed treaties. Gives them some space to manoeuvre.

When I am in London, I want to weep nowadays. You walk the streets in the knowledge, there is somebody there, ready to get offended by you. And there is a law for each instance! Yet wearing a beard or a burkha gives you a green corridor when everyone else is given the first degree. Does that determine the comfort degree of a regular citizen?

I mean, please! I would like to see, how I can possibly benefit from my GDP portion without wiping out my wallet each time.

Judge
24-04-2015, 19:00
http://worldhappiness.report
Scroll down and Download World Happiness Report 2015 7.52 MB

....and Greece wants to stay in the EU :rolleyes:

Who mentioned the Greeks leaving ?

TolkoRaz
24-04-2015, 19:06
I think it is quite an interesting survey. Of course, if you dissected a country into Oblasts etc, you would also have very varied responses.

Also interesting to see West European and Nordic (?) countries out in front!

Quality of life is clearly much better there, but where is Deutschland Řber Alles? ;) I suppose the East dragged it down the list! :book:

Nobbynumbnuts
24-04-2015, 19:06
...goes to show how happy the Greeks could be when they tell their creditors to F Off....

Telling their creditors to f*ck off will mean them leaving...

penka
24-04-2015, 19:25

UKIP, afterwards;)

Benedikt
24-04-2015, 19:25

When I am in London, I want to weep nowadays. You walk the streets in the knowledge, there is somebody there, ready to get offended by you. And there is a law for each instance! Yet wearing a beard or a burkha gives you a green corridor when everyone else is given the first degree. Does that determine the comfort degree of a regular citizen?

the clowns =you=elect. or let get though by NOT going to the polls and not caring. now it is to late to cry over spilled milk. =you= get the government =you= deserve. as simple as that. and now =you= have to live with it.

penka
24-04-2015, 19:29
I think it is quite an interesting survey. Of course, if you dissected a country into Oblasts etc, you would also have very varied responses.

Also interesting to see West European and Nordic (?) countries out in front!

Quality of life is clearly much better there, but where is Deutschland Řber Alles? ;) I suppose the East dragged it down the list! :book:

Deutschland is flooded by the Ukrainians. And the Turks. But the Turks are usually working, mainly in the construction biz.

Please, define the quality of life.

Mine boils down to a private property in the woods with no humans in the range of 3 km at least. I suffer in Moscow, given the amount of people per sq meter. Yet in Moscow I get a substantial amount of service and goods that are brilliant.

Judge
24-04-2015, 19:32

Are you saying the bankers run the EU:10293:

Jas
24-04-2015, 19:34
Those stats and surveys are not worth much.
I lived in Switzerland. They do not accept those amounts of migrants the rest of Europe does. As a foreigner, even with a job/residency permission, you got no say in practice. The Swiss cantons do give a damn about their citizens. NB, Sw is small country, easy to manage.

Island is the hardest cookie to chew on if one is an immigrant-wannabe.

Sweden is easy. As long as you are not a Russian.
They raised the taxes. How much help a regular taxpayer can get versus of one of those sufferers from the Middle East who did not work for a single day?

Norwegians detest the migrants. They got the oil and were smart enough not top join the USA-designed treaties. Gives them some space to manoeuvre.

I mean, please! I would like to see, how I can possibly benefit from my GDP portion without wiping out my wallet each time.

So Switzerland is not democratic then if migrants got no say. Why is that so good?

Norway detests migrants? Er, how did u figure that?

Muslims go thru green channel and get best treatment? Are you with Pegida or something?

Sweden is easy... except for Russians. Er, u really c the hole world as against u

Penka, ure just sounding more and more racist and more and more nasty. U hate ureself and so u hate migrants- not a single one of which ever hurt u in any way. Btw, ure also a migrant, but very clear ure focusing just on muslim migrants. Sad.
Please join the human race, Penka.
I am going to vote Ukip 2 keep this evil Polska girl ideology out of britain cos they just hate us for no reason.

Nobbynumbnuts
24-04-2015, 19:35
Are you saying the bankers run the EU:10293:

What are you talking about? If you borrow money you have to pay it back...

Judge
24-04-2015, 19:43

What's that got to do with leaving the EU,maybe you mean leaving the eurozone.

TolkoRaz
24-04-2015, 19:45
Deutschland is flooded by the Ukrainians. And the Turks. But the Turks are usually working, mainly in the construction biz.

Please, define the quality of life.

Mine boils down to a private property in the woods with no humans in the range of 3 km at least. I suffer in Moscow, given the amount of people per sq meter. Yet in Moscow I get a substantial amount of service and goods that are brilliant.

Deutschland has been 'flooded' by Turks for decades, and they work hard and contribute to the economy. Not sure about Ukrainians, but there are many Poles too.

Your quality of life sounds great, but I suppose it is up to the individual, but would normally be a pleasant environment, no stress, no frustration, clean air, nice property, good health care, secure & safe, a good work / life balance and enough money / disposable income to enjoy life.

Jas
24-04-2015, 19:46
Can we please ban the slagging off of migrants as done by Penka and the dikt. Sick of reading such schit.

TolkoRaz
24-04-2015, 19:49
Can we please ban the slagging off of migrants as done by Penka and the dikt. Sick of reading such schit.

Jas, Please leave Polska girls alone too! ;)

Not only is it sexist, it's racist too!

I am not sure what they have done to you, but they are not all bad!

Jas
24-04-2015, 19:51
Your quality of life sounds great, but I suppose it is up to the individual, but would normally be a pleasant environment, no stress, no frustration, clean air, nice property, good health care, secure & safe, a good work / life balance and enough money / disposable income to enjoy life.

Mmm, she seems 2 think her great quality of life wud get trashed if other migrants 2 Sweden cud enjoy even half of the good fortune what she got.
C, thats how u no she isn't Swedish like ever- cos her mentality is russian village 100%: fearful, protective and grasping. Migrants in her village view can only b out 2 steal her geese and potatoes.

Jas
24-04-2015, 19:52
Jas, Please leave Polska girls alone too! ;)

Not only is it sexist, it's racist too!

I am not sure what they have done to you, but they are not all bad!

It's the racist mentality- looking down on brown personages and thinking they're top class just cos their white. We c this evil way of thinking write here with Penka.

TolkoRaz
24-04-2015, 19:55
It's the racist mentality- looking down on brown personages and thinking they're top class just cos their white. We c this evil way of thinking write here with Penka.

Penka, Are you a closet Nazi? :10293:

Jas
24-04-2015, 19:55
If she doesn't like it here and living were people of all colours get respect she shud go back 2 her all white village in Tula or werever she's really from.
Not even Swedish and acting like this.

Jas
24-04-2015, 19:56

Just read her stuff.....

penka
24-04-2015, 19:58
So Switzerland is not democratic then if migrants got no say. Why is that so good?

Norway detests migrants? Er, how did u figure that?

Muslims go thru green channel and get best treatment? Are you with Pegida or something?

Sweden is easy... except for Russians. Er, u really c the hole world as against u

Penka, ure just sounding more and more racist and more and more nasty. U hate ureself and so u hate migrants- not a single one of which ever hurt u in any way. Btw, ure also a migrant, but very clear ure focusing just on muslim migrants. Sad.
Please join the human race, Penka.
I am going to vote Ukip 2 keep this evil Polska girl ideology out of britain cos they just hate us for no reason.

Jas, i am a misanthrope by character and a nobility by the birth right. I am in minority. There must be some law, defending my rights as a minority.

Now, let me try and respond.

I do not go by what I read in the papers, I go by my experience after spending enough time in any country.

I am not against the migrants of any background. I am against the unstoppable migration. I also detest when migrants of one background are favouritised against the other ethnic/ religious/ cultural group. You come as an immigrant, you accept the county's rules and traditions and you do something for the benefit of all citizens. Full stop.

I do not know, what Pegida is. I know, I am stripping down at Heathrow when peeping, whilst the burkha bearing and peeping woman is let to go.

I do not know much of your grave dispute with the "Polska" girls. Let's see. You vote. They win. They kick the "Polska" girls. You'll be next. No?:)

penka
24-04-2015, 19:59

Should I bother to respond?....:)

Nobbynumbnuts
24-04-2015, 19:59
What's that got to do with leaving the EU,maybe you mean leaving the eurozone.

Exactly.
Borrow money and you have to pay it back. Or is that just a Liverpool thing? ;)
Greece can't simply tell creditors to f off, default and things will be rosy in the garden again. :rolleyes:

penka
24-04-2015, 20:01
If she doesn't like it here and living were people of all colours get respect she shud go back 2 her all white village in Tula or werever she's really from.
Not even Swedish and acting like this.

No, Part German / part Russian I am. Listed in the Almanach the Gotha:)
Does it bother you?

TolkoRaz
24-04-2015, 20:02
Should I bother to respond?....:)

Just post a pic of you wearing your sexy jackboots! :10806:

TolkoRaz
24-04-2015, 20:03
Does it bother you?

So, you are half-Nazi! ;)

Interesting history and bloodline!

Jas
24-04-2015, 20:11
Does it bother you?

It's very strange cos the only Germans in russia was on the volga and they tried 2 join the Nazis but got trashed. So if ure from that class and u was enemy of the people then from what I no about russian history- u cud have some terrible beliefs as such.

Jas
24-04-2015, 20:13
I mean if u got all this stuff in ure mind, it cud surely explain ure views as such.

TolkoRaz
24-04-2015, 20:22
Jas, members of the Royal Court and nobility had relationships and marriages with the French, Italians and Germans to list a few!

Catherine the Great was Prussian!

Judge
24-04-2015, 20:48
Exactly.
Borrow money and you have to pay it back. Or is that just a Liverpool thing? ;)
Greece can't simply tell creditors to f off, default and things will be rosy in the garden again. :rolleyes:

Yes, borrow what you can afford to pay back,makes sense.
If the Greek books weren't cooked in the first place they wouldn't have gotten the credit ,now they are maxed out, next thing for them to do is default. ....
Maybe the creditors should look closer to home and see who was doing the cooking. .

The Greeks would be back in the top 10 of the happy league. Same goes for the other Club Med countries. ...

Nobbynumbnuts
24-04-2015, 21:17
Yes, borrow what you can afford to pay back,makes sense.
If the Greek books weren't cooked in the first place they wouldn't have gotten the credit ,now they are maxed out, next thing for them to do is default. ....
Maybe the creditors should look closer to home and see who was doing the cooking. .

The Greeks would be back in the top 10 of the happy league. Same goes for the other Club Med countries. ...

Yes, the Greeks lied to get into the Euro, they cooked the books. They've lived way beyond their means for far too long (social benefits etc.). Greek taxation is practically non existent. etc etc etc... Now they deserve the right to just tell their creditors to f*ck off and have their debts written off?? And their creditors are the rest of Europe, who pay their taxes and live within their means!

Right, banks were to blame (but not the only ones) for the financial crisis. So that means we can all now just stop paying our debts? WTF??

Judge
24-04-2015, 21:25
Yes, the Greeks lied to get into the Euro, they cooked the books. They've lived way beyond their means for far too long (social benefits etc.). Greek taxation is practically non existent. etc etc etc... Now they deserve the right to tell their creditors to f*ck off? And their creditors are the rest of Europe, who pay their taxes and live within their means.

Right, banks were to blame (but not the only ones) for the financial crisis. So that means we can all now just stop paying our debts? WTF??
Wrong,
Goldman Sachs cooked the books, it's all one big scam.

Deutsche Bank the latest to be fined , and on it goes. ..yeah WTF ,let them carry on scamming. ..

Nobbynumbnuts
24-04-2015, 21:28
Wrong,
Goldman Sachs cooked the books, it's all one big scam.

I'm not wrong, i'm right.
The Greek government got Goldman to help them mask the true facts concerning Greece's national debt. The blame cannot be laid solely at Goldman Sachs door. This was done with the compliance of the Greeks and they have to also share responsibility....

Nobbynumbnuts
24-04-2015, 21:52
.....Deutsche Bank the latest to be fined , and on it goes. ..yeah WTF ,let them carry on scamming. ..

...again, so we can now all stop paying our debts?

Judge
24-04-2015, 21:57
I'm not wrong, i'm right and cooked what books?

Does it matter, they made a Greek salad so impressive that the politicians who are in the pockets of the bankers were fooled by it all....If it's got the seal of approval of Goldman Sachs then it must be good. ..

It's all pergectly legal ,so nothing to worry about,

They helped to conceal the Greek debt.
http://gu.com/p/2f94k
which enabled the country to join the European single currency in 2001.

Now if the clever bankers didn't help the greedy greek politicans, would the good people of Greece be in this mess....I also blame the Greek bankers and politicans too, Again, it's one big scam by a select few to screw the poor man

Judge
24-04-2015, 22:05
...again, so we can now all stop paying our debts?

Why all,
what usually happens when a business or an individual can't pay their debts, they default,file for bankruptcy. The Greeks aren't the first and certainly won't be the last...
Take Russia, defaulted and then massive growth for many years. ...

J. Paul Getty said,

If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the banks problem.
We are talking more than a few 100 million here...
Nobby, at the end of the day the Greeks can't pay back what they owe,what do you suggest the Greeks do?

My suggestion is stick two fingers up at the bankers, and tell them to f off, teach the bankers a lesson they will never forget.

I think I know your way, the Maggie way, privatize the whole country,lock stock and barrel.

Nobbynumbnuts
24-04-2015, 22:15
Does it matter, they made a Greek salad so impressive that the politicans who are in the pockets of the bankers were fooled by it all....If it's got the seal of approval of Goldman Sachs then it must be good. ..

It's all pergectly legal ,so nothing to worry about,

They helped to conceal the Greek debt.
http://gu.com/p/2f94k
which enabled the country to join the European single currency in 2001.

Now if the clever bankers didn't help the greedy greek politicans, would the good people of Greece be in this mess....I also blame the Greek bankers and politicans too, Again, it's one big scam by a select few to screw the poor man

I'm not saying the banks aren't guilty but they're not the only ones. They can't be blamed for everything.
The Greek government were complicit in lying their way into the Eurozone.

The poor man in the street in Greece? Who doesn't pay his taxes and maxed out his credit, voted for the politicians in the first place on promises to deliver completely unrealistic (and undeserved) social benefits etc. etc?

And what about the poor man in the street in the rest of Europe who is now picking up the tab for Greek stupidity and Greed? The Greek 'man in the street' must except responsibility for his part in this mess..

Uncle Wally
24-04-2015, 22:43

Unless you're the US government, then you can just borrow, borrow, borrow and if anyone doesn't like it you just bomb them.

Uncle Wally
24-04-2015, 22:48
Why all,
what usually happens when a business or an individual can't pay their debts, they default,file for bankruptcy. The Greeks aren't the first and certainly won't be the last...

J. Paul Getty said,

Nobby, at the end of the day the Greeks can't pay back what they owe,what do you suggest the Greeks do?

My suggestion is stick two fingers up at the bankers, and tell them to f off, teach the bankers a lesson they will never forget.

I think I know your way, the Maggie way, privatize the whole country,lock stock and barrel.

Maggie's way is just what the bankers wanted. It's plane robbery.

Uncle Wally
24-04-2015, 23:05
I'm not wrong, i'm right.
The Greek government got Goldman to help them mask the true facts concerning Greece's national debt. The blame cannot be laid solely at Goldman Sachs door. This was done with the compliance of the Greeks and they have to also share responsibility....

Why are you so sure it was the Greek government that asked Goldman Sachs and not Goldman Sachs that put the Greek government up to it? Goldman Sachs are some of the biggest criminals in the history of the world and will surely benefit from a Greek privatization.

TolkoRaz
25-04-2015, 10:21
Maggie's way is just what the bankers wanted. It's plane robbery.

Hi-jack alert! ;)

Uncle Wally
25-04-2015, 11:06
Hi-jack alert! ;)

Where is the thanks button when you need it?

Nobbynumbnuts
25-04-2015, 14:08
Why all,

J. Paul Getty said,

You've got a very cavalier attitude to debt. If you can't pay simply default and walk away. Someone has to pay if you don't. If you borrow money you are responsible to pay it back.
The EU is doing the correct thing in trying to put together a plan where some if not all the money will be paid. Remember, there are other nations with debt problems too. Portugal, Spain, Italy etc. What about them if Greece is given preferential treatment.
I don't think you understand the consequences for Greece if it does default. It will be catastrophic for them. That's why the Greek government is still at the table trying to hammer out a deal.

You cannot simply compare Russia with Greece. Apples and oranges.

You're fixation at teaching the bankers a lesson is completely idiotic! Everyone has a bank account, we're all reliant on banks in one way or another. To let them collapse is child like in it's na´vetÚ! We would all have to pay!

Judge tell me a country in the world that has not followed Thatchers privatisation plan? Apart from N. Korea. You're a communist...;)

penka
25-04-2015, 19:28
It's very strange cos the only Germans in russia was on the volga and they tried 2 join the Nazis but got trashed. So if ure from that class and u was enemy of the people then from what I no about russian history- u cud have some terrible beliefs as such.

Jas, you are saying rubbish. Germans were in Russia at least from the 18th c. Deported by Stalin when the Patriotic war started. Still, many fought well for their homeland, which was Russia. I saw tons of them, moving to Germany in the 90s.
You "no nuthin'" about the Russian or otherwise history, I am afraid. You really got no shame.

Judge
25-04-2015, 19:44
You've got a very cavalier attitude to debt. If you can't pay simply default and walk away. Someone has to pay if you don't. If you borrow money you are responsible to pay it back.
The EU is doing the correct thing in trying to put together a plan where some if not all the money will be paid. Remember, there are other nations with debt problems too. Portugal, Spain, Italy etc. What about them if Greece is given preferential treatment.
I don't think you understand the consequences for Greece if it does default. It will be catastrophic for them. That's why the Greek government is still at the table trying to hammer out a deal.

You cannot simply compare Russia with Greece. Apples and oranges.

You're fixation at teaching the bankers a lesson is completely idiotic! Everyone has a bank account, we're all reliant on banks in one way or another. To let them collapse is child like in it's na´vetÚ! We would all have to pay!

Judge tell me a country in the world that has not followed Thatchers privatisation plan? Apart from N. Korea. You're a communist...;)

The Greeks are broke,skint,nothing left, they are raiding the pension funds,the country is screwed whatever they do..Let the bankers wait for their money.They should consolidate their debt and say you'll get your money later ...

Total bank fines since 2008 is in the region of $300bn,this is cos they cheated scammed and screwed people over....that money is enough to cover the Greek debt and leave some change..The banks can afford it ,get the central banks to turn on the printing machine,QE, whatever suits them and throw a few trillion more the banks way.

You like to paint a grim picture, how catastrophic can it get, mass unemployment, pensioners won't be getting paid soon,is that not catastrophic enough .

Of course the bankers should be taught a lesson,many who were caught cheating should be locked up ...like the libor scandal it's fraud, common folk get locked up for fraud but too big to fail banks and bankers walk free..For all this BS to stop harsh punishment is needed, not only fines.....

Judge
25-04-2015, 20:16
I'm not saying the banks aren't guilty but they're not the only ones. They can't be blamed for everything.
The Greek government were complicit in lying their way into the Eurozone.

The poor man in the street in Greece? Who doesn't pay his taxes and maxed out his credit, voted for the politicians in the first place on promises to deliver completely unrealistic (and undeserved) social benefits etc. etc?

And what about the poor man in the street in the rest of Europe who is now picking up the tab for Greek stupidity and Greed? The Greek 'man in the street' must except responsibility for his part in this mess..

Why not blame them ,they set the Greeks up, it's like a drug dealer who keeps selling drugs to a junkie,does he really care about the junkies well being?
It was all one big lie,in the rush to grow the eurozone, now let not only the Greeks suffer.

About taxes,maybe it's more about the rich Greeks who don't pay their fair share,and they do this with the help of bankers, yeah the Swiss bankers at HSBC:applause::applause:

Who in Europe is picking up the Greek bill,have taxes gone up in any countries?

This is where we differ, the bankers too should shoulder some of the blame,most of the blame in my books,cos it was down to some smart fraudulent banking that got the Greeks in this mess.

Hans.KK
25-04-2015, 21:12
Can we please ban the slagging off of migrants as done by Penka and the dikt. Sick of reading such schit.My dear, use your ignore list, thank you.

Jas
25-04-2015, 21:18
My dear, use your ignore list, thank you.

Er, such stuff shudnt get wrote. Even the UN told today the hate against migrants must stop. Penka is doing a Katie Hopkinz and it's got 2 stop.

Judge
25-04-2015, 21:52

Then we should ban the slagging off of Eastern Europeans,it's only fair. ..

Jas
25-04-2015, 22:37
Then we should ban the slagging off of Eastern Europeans,it's only fair. ..

No, because challenging racism is like really important. The Polska girls are not a race- they are not poles as such- they are just racist polish girls who are a group. It's no more racist to slag them off than it is to criticise the edl- which isn't a race either. Penka is a Polska girl- Natlee isn't. But both are the same race as such.

Nobbynumbnuts
25-04-2015, 23:04
Why not blame them ,they set the Greeks up, it's like a drug dealer who keeps selling drugs to a junkie,does he really care about the junkies well being?
It was all one big lie,in the rush to grow the eurozone, now let not only the Greeks suffer.

About taxes,maybe it's more about the rich Greeks who don't pay their fair share,and they do this with the help of bankers, yeah the Swiss bankers at HSBC:applause::applause:

Who in Europe is picking up the Greek bill,have taxes gone up in any countries?

This is where we differ, the bankers too should shoulder some of the blame,most of the blame in my books,cos it was down to some smart fraudulent banking that got the Greeks in this mess.

What was proved was that Greece paid Goldman Sachs 100's of millions to arrange transactions that hid their level of debt.
Plus, they wanted to join the Eurozone but needed to meet certain criteria. To do so they lied for many years by mis reporting the countries official financial statistics. They cheated. This was nothing to do with the banks.

Again, you can't blame all this mess on the banks.

In Greece they have found a strong link between self employment and tax evasion. In Greece around 32% of working people are self employed. So it's not just the rich who don't pay their taxes, it's everyone.

Greece has received around E300,000,000,000 (billion) in bailouts. This is tax payers money. Money spent bailing out Greece can't be spent elsewhere.

Nobbynumbnuts
25-04-2015, 23:17
.......Let the bankers wait for their money.They should consolidate their debt and say you'll get your money later ...

..when are you going to get it through your head, it's not the bankers money. It's our money, one reason they must not be allowed to fail.

In it's simplest form banks work like this: They take our money in (deposits) and pay us interest on it.
They then lend that money out (our money) and charge the borrow a higher rate of interest than they paid us. Their profit is the difference

This has been going on for 1000's of years. Economic activity would grind to a halt without it.

Judge
26-04-2015, 18:36
..when are you going to get it through your head, it's not the bankers money. It's our money, one reason they must not be allowed to fail.

In it's simplest form banks work like this: They take our money in (deposits) and pay us interest on it.
They then lend that money out (our money) and charge the borrow a higher rate of interest than they paid us. Their profit is the difference

This has been going on for 1000's of years. Economic activity would grind to a halt without it.

Rubbish Nobby, the banks would lose the money they lent to the Greeks, if some lower the interest they pay out then they will lose customers. ..Like the write offs banks did after 2008,it's their loss,their bonuses,their stock value, it's the bank profits that take the hit.
and for when banks fail, there is insurance in place ,like https://www.fdic.gov/consumers/banking/facts/
I don't know if this is for all, but most probably the major banks are covered, so customers won't lose their money. What will happen is a strong signal is sent to all ,that reckless banking won't be accepted.
The IMF lent to the Greeks, that's tax payers money , what will the tax payers lose,a new road,hospital not built cos tax money went to the Greeks?

All these fines the banks have been given is cos they have been rigging the system.Take the power away from these bankers. .
You're an apologist for the greedy bankers. ..

Jas
26-04-2015, 20:24
Jas, you are saying rubbish. Germans were in Russia at least from the 18th c. Deported by Stalin when the Patriotic war started. Still, many fought well for their homeland, which was Russia. I saw tons of them, moving to Germany in the 90s.
You "no nuthin'" about the Russian or otherwise history, I am afraid. You really got no shame.

I never heard of any Germans fighting for russia. Maybe ure confused by German refugees what was in the Red Army and was mostly Jewish?
I think I no everything about russian history thanks.

Uncle Wally
26-04-2015, 21:52

Wow talk about clueless. Now I see what is very wrong in this life.

When you go to a bank and borrow money that money is created at the time of your borrowing. You should change your name to Knownothing.

Uncle Wally
26-04-2015, 21:55
I never heard of any Germans fighting for russia. Maybe ure confused by German refugees what was in the Red Army and was mostly Jewish?
I think I no everything about russian history thanks.

Sorry Jaz she's right. Many Germans lived in Russia before the great war.

Nobbynumbnuts
26-04-2015, 22:31
Rubbish Nobby, the banks would lose the money they lent to the Greeks, if some lower the interest they pay out then they will lose customers. ..Like the write offs banks did after 2008,it's their loss,their bonuses,their stock value, it's the bank profits that take the hit.
and for when banks fail, there is insurance in place ,like https://www.fdic.gov/consumers/banking/facts/
I don't know if this is for all, but most probably the major banks are covered, so customers won't lose their money. What will happen is a strong signal is sent to all ,that reckless banking won't be accepted.
The IMF lent to the Greeks, that's tax payers money , what will the tax payers lose,a new road,hospital not built cos tax money went to the Greeks?

All these fines the banks have been given is cos they have been rigging the system.Take the power away from these bankers. .
You're an apologist for the greedy bankers. ..

A couple of things you should know. The Greek creditors, most of whom are European banks have already agreed to write off large amounts of Greek debt. They have also agreed to reduce the interest charged and lengthen the repayment period. (some are already calling this a managed default) This was all part of the bailout agreement that saw Greece promise to reforms etc. So to say the banks have done nothing to help Greece in anyway, is simply rubbish.

About the banks liability to Greece. That's not what you were saying before. You wanted to let the banks go to the wall. Thinking this would punish the bankers. Allowing the banks to collapse would punish everyone.
You are now changing your mind and agreeing with me that they should be bailed out.

And if you believe the government when they say that everyone will get their money back under a depositors guaranteed system your being misled. Most experts think this is impossible. The bill will be too big and what are we all going to do for money while we wait to be paid out. On a large scale it would be unworkable.
The only reason they give such a guarantee is to boost confidence in the banking system and stop people from panicking. Which worked.

As i've said many times, if you want to punish the bankers, go ahead be my guest. In many cases fines are not enough, those responsible should go to jail.
What's the point in trashing a good company and putting jobs at risk when it's a few at the top that need punishing?

Don't risk the economy, depositor's or taxpayer's money to punish guilty bankers, just jail them! ;)

Uncle Wally
26-04-2015, 23:15
A couple of things you should know. The Greek creditors, most of whom are European banks have already agreed to write off large amounts of Greek debt. They have also agreed to reduce the interest charged and lengthen the repayment period. (some are already calling this a managed default) This was all part of the bailout agreement that saw Greece promise to reforms etc. So to say the banks have done nothing to help Greece in anyway, is simply rubbish.

About the banks liability to Greece. That's not what you were saying before. You wanted to let the banks go to the wall. Thinking this would punish the bankers. Allowing the banks to collapse would punish everyone.
You are now changing your mind and agreeing with me that they should be bailed out.

And if you believe the government when they say that everyone will get their money back under a depositors guaranteed system your being misled. Most experts think this is impossible. The bill will be too big and what are we all going to do for money while we wait to be paid out. On a large scale it would be unworkable.
The only reason they give such a guarantee is to boost confidence in the banking system and stop people from panicking. Which worked.

As i've said many times, if you want to punish the bankers, go ahead be my guest. In many cases fines are not enough, those responsible should go to jail.
What's the point in trashing a good company and putting jobs at risk when it's a few at the top that need punishing?

Don't risk the economy, depositor's or taxpayer's money to punish guilty bankers, just jail them! ;)

When it comes to taxpayers money the banks win and we lose. When they close the bank and don't steal our money we win. You just got it all assbackwards

shurale
27-04-2015, 11:59
When it comes to taxpayers money the banks win and we lose. When they close the bank and don't steal our money we win. You just got it all assbackwards

Where should I borrow for my business, when you close the bank?
http://blogs.rep-am.com/worth_reading/files/2009/06/loan-shark.jpg

So, you are half-Nazi! ;)

Interesting history and bloodline!

Half-Nazi and half-commie. What a combination!

Nobbynumbnuts
27-04-2015, 12:31

...we shouldn't let facts and detail get in the way of some peoples little fantasies! :D

Uncle Wally
27-04-2015, 15:53
...we shouldn't let facts and detail get in the way of some peoples little fantasies! :D

Seems like you don't know the facts and only read fairy tales.

Banks create money when we go to borrow. They do not use any part of people savings.

Uncle Wally
27-04-2015, 15:54

Half-Nazi and half-commie. What a combination!

Sorry you can't do it, only the US government can. Hell the US can't even pay the interest on their loans.

Judge
27-04-2015, 16:29
[QUOTE=Nobbynumbnuts;1417298]A couple of things you should know. The Greek creditors, most of whom are European banks have already agreed to write off large amounts of Greek debt. They have also agreed to reduce the interest charged and lengthen the repayment period. (some are already calling this a managed default) This was all part of the bailout agreement that saw Greece promise to reforms etc. So to say the banks have done nothing to help Greece in anyway, is simply rubbish.

The banks haven't a choice, it's their loss,they can keep writing off,then lending some more, around it goes..

You are now changing your mind and agreeing with me that they should be bailed out
Tax payers that fund the IMF money is being used instead of building a school,hospital,they keep lending to the Greeks,tax payers shoukd ask questions ...
Bad banks can go to the wall for all I care,banks that scam and rig the system shouldn't exist.
Changing my mind?, I pointed out to you, people with money in the bank won't lose all,the majority of people will be compensated when the bank goes under, this is not bailing out the with a lump sum and allowed to carry on, the corrupt bank would be shut down or bought by a rival.

Who knows, so called experts say many things,we can check the UK depositors who had money with the Icelandic banks that went under,I think they got their money..

It's not only a few at the top, it's the whole banking culture that needs changing...
Long jail terms is a start,it's the bankers themselves who are trashing their own company name...

This whole too big to fail rubbish needs to stop,it gave the banks a get out of jail card, free pass..Let's wait for the next banking scandal and see how it goes. ..

Judge
27-04-2015, 16:32

Not all banks closed, just the ones which go bankrupt(no bail out), and if they are found to be cheating the system, forced to close...

Nobbynumbnuts
27-04-2015, 20:19
[QUOTE]

The banks haven't a choice, it's their loss,they can keep writing off,then lending some more, around it goes..

Tax payers that fund the IMF money is being used instead of building a school,hospital,they keep lending to the Greeks,tax payers shoukd ask questions ...
Bad banks can go to the wall for all I care,banks that scam and rig the system shouldn't exist.
Changing my mind?, I pointed out to you, people with money in the bank won't lose all,the majority of people will be compensated when the bank goes under, this is not bailing out the with a lump sum and allowed to carry on, the corrupt bank would be shut down or bought by a rival.

Who knows, so called experts say many things,we can check the UK depositors who had money with the Icelandic banks that went under,I think they got their money..

It's not only a few at the top, it's the whole banking culture that needs changing...
Long jail terms is a start,it's the bankers themselves who are trashing their own company name...

This whole too big to fail rubbish needs to stop,it gave the banks a get out of jail card, free pass..Let's wait for the next banking scandal and see how it goes. ..

Judge, you're a hopeless hippy. Sorry the world is not a perfect place. ;)

It's not the banks, it's a few bad bankers that work for them. Makes absolutely no sense to trash perfectly good businesses.

In Iceland, the banks were bailed out and Icelanders got their money back but foreign depositors didn't. The innocent lost their money and paid the price for the guilty.

"I pointed out to you, people with money in the bank won't lose all,the majority of people will be compensated when the bank goes under"
Firstly as i told you, there's no guarantee people will be insured against losses. The government has to say this to 'prop' the system up install confidence, so everyone doesn't go to the bank to take their money out and a 'Run' on the banks.
You believe politicians when they tell you you'll get your money back?? :D

Throw the wrong doers in jail, cut their nuts off, do what you like, i don't care. Just leave the bank, it's employees and customers (us) alone. ;)

Uncle Wally
27-04-2015, 21:06
[QUOTE]

Maybe they know something we don't. JP Morgan for instance has been buying sliver like crazy, more than a million ounces a day. Are they getting ready for something?

Uncle Wally
27-04-2015, 21:09
[QUOTE=Judge;1417327]

It's not the banks, it's a few bad bankers that work for them. Makes absolutely no sense to trash perfectly good businesses.

In Iceland, the banks were bailed out and Icelanders got their money back but foreign depositors didn't. The innocent lost their money and paid the price for the guilty.

"I pointed out to you, people with money in the bank won't lose all,the majority of people will be compensated when the bank goes under"
Firstly as i told you, there's no guarantee people will be insured against losses. The government has to say this to 'prop' the system up install confidence, so everyone doesn't go to the bank to take their money out and a 'Run' on the banks.

Throw the wrong doers in jail, cut their nuts off, do what you like, i don't care. Just leave the bank, it's employees and customers (us) alone. ;)

What are you talking about? The banks were not bailed out in Iceland and they jailed bankers. That is why Iceland is not in the funk that the US and EU are.

Judge
27-04-2015, 21:49

We went through this before, Iceland government didn't bail out the banks they let them go bust ,bailing out is giving the banks billions to keep afloat.

Old news, from your favourite rag,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2569787/RBS-squandered-penny-46bn-bailout-continuing-rack-huge-losses-financial-crash.html

The Iceland way,

Krugman also says:

A funny thing happened on the way to economic Armageddon: Iceland’s very desperation made conventional behavior impossible, freeing the nation to break the rules. Where everyone else bailed out the bankers and made the public pay the price, Iceland let the banks go bust and actually expanded its social safety net. Where everyone else was fixated on trying to placate international investors, Iceland imposed temporary controls on the movement of capital to give itself room to maneuver.

Iceland looked after its own citizens, UK depositors were paid by their government, this case is still on going. ...Insurance companies and governments will,might pay people's money, if they don't they the public could March with pitchforks to the banks and next would be the House of Commons,after that number 10.So they better pay up:bomb:

I'm all for that, if the wrong doers are dealt with swiftly then all would be good, banks won't go bust and jobs safe. .

Nobbynumbnuts
27-04-2015, 22:12
We went through this before, Iceland government didn't bail out the banks they let them go bust ,bailing out is giving the banks billions to keep afloat.

Old news, from your favourite rag,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2569787/RBS-squandered-penny-46bn-bailout-continuing-rack-huge-losses-financial-crash.html

The Iceland way,

Iceland looked after its own citizens, UK depositors were paid by their government, this case is still on going. ...Insurance companies and governments will,might pay people's money, if they don't they the public could March with pitchforks to the banks and next would be the House of Commons,after that number 10.So they better pay up:bomb:

I'm all for that, if the wrong doers are dealt with swiftly then all would be good, banks won't go bust and jobs safe. .

Iceland dealt with their banking crisis thus:

"....all domestic assets into new surviving public owned domestic versions of the banks, while leaving the foreign remnants of the banks into receivership and liquidation"

Like i said, Icelanders were saved and foreigners took a haircut!

There's also another very important point to remember. Iceland is a small country so the chance of contagion is slim. If British banks faced the same difficulties the fallout out around the world would be huge, so hardly a good comparison..:10293:

Judge
27-04-2015, 22:28
Iceland dealt with their banking crisis thus:

"....all domestic assets into new surviving public owned domestic versions of the banks, while leaving the foreign remnants of the banks into receivership and liquidation"

Like i said, Icelanders were saved and foreigners took a haircut!

There's also another very important point to remember. Iceland is a small country so the chance of contagion is slim. If British banks faced the same difficulties the fallout out around the world would be huge, so hardly a good comparison..:10293:

Agree about the size, 320000 compared to say 18 million in Greece,with a much bigger debt spread. ....Iceland went through a tough time, few hard years and still fighting financial institutions, but like the thread says, 2nd happiest in the world, and when I was there, all I spoke to were cheerful and no talk of crisis. ..
All this Greek tragedy that's been going on for ages needs to end some way,Varoufakis might be pushed aside....

shurale
27-04-2015, 23:41
Say, if I wanted to invest in a Greek-owned restaurant or
buy a franchise, would you advise against it?

shurale
27-04-2015, 23:50
Are there going to be Greek pogroms in Europe?

Nobbynumbnuts
28-04-2015, 00:04
Agree about the size, 320000 compared to say 18 million in Greece,with a much bigger debt spread. ....Iceland went through a tough time, few hard years and still fighting financial institutions, but like the thread says, 2nd happiest in the world, and when I was there, all I spoke to were cheerful and no talk of crisis. ..
All this Greek tragedy that's been going on for ages needs to end some way,Varoufakis might be pushed aside....

..yeah, the Greek tragedy has been going on too long. I was reading today that the Greek government has taken possession of all commercial bank accounts in the country. So if you've got a business in Greece the central bank has got your money now! People are worried, private accounts are next..

Nobbynumbnuts
28-04-2015, 00:06
Say, if I wanted to invest in a Greek-owned restaurant or
buy a franchise, would you advise against it?

At the moment you'd be paying in Euros and who knows what is about to happen...
See post above! :yikes: