PDA

View Full Version : Why does logging out not make me have to log in again?

Penelope
28-02-2008, 12:36
Every evening, I log off expat.ru, but the next time I select expat.ru in my favorites list, I don't have to log on (give user name and password). Why is that? What is the point of logging off if the site remembers you? How can you change users if more than one person uses the same computer?

elis
28-02-2008, 12:47
You'd need to clear your cached files/cookies, then the site won't remember who you are. Why bother logging out? You can change users, simply by logging out and logging back on with the other user name.

Penelope
28-02-2008, 13:04
But when I click on Log Out, it takes me to a screen that says "All cookies cleared".

Penelope
28-02-2008, 13:23
Also, where would you go to "log on as different user"?

elis
28-02-2008, 13:27
But when I click on Log Out, it takes me to a screen that says "All cookies cleared".

Hmmmm...Maybe you have a magic computer. I just logged out, shut down, and restarted, and it didn't remember me.

Also, where would you go to "log on as different user"?

When you get to the logged out page, go to the top of the page and just enter different user name and password.

Penelope
28-02-2008, 14:15
Hmmmm...Maybe you have a magic computer. I just logged out, shut down, and restarted, and it didn't remember me. When you get to the logged out page, go to the top of the page and just enter different user name and password.
Must be magic because I always log out and shut down at night. Thanks for pointing out the place to log in if another user (Duh! didn't even see it!).