PDA

View Full Version : Registration for a friend

volvo4life
03-04-2015, 01:06
Hello all, my friend is coming to visit me in Moscow in June. He is going to be staying in my apartment instead of staying in a hotel. The question I have is how can register his visa? My landlord lives far away and probably will not fill out the paperwork to register him at my apartment. RealRussia said they can register his visa but it will cost 60 dollars, which seems a little expensive to me. Any ideas?

Nobbynumbnuts
03-04-2015, 01:37
Hello all, my friend is coming to visit me in Moscow in June. He is going to be staying in my apartment instead of staying in a hotel. The question I have is how can register his visa? My landlord lives far away and probably will not fill out the paperwork to register him at my apartment. RealRussia said they can register his visa but it will cost 60 dollars, which seems a little expensive to me. Any ideas?

Only the owner of your apartment can register someone there. You could try some of the hostels in Moscow (do a google search) often they will register a visa but it will probably cost around the same but call and ask.
You don't mention how long he will be staying. If he's staying 7 working days or longer then he needs to register. Remember if there's a weekend or public holiday they do not count towards the 7 days.

JPS
03-04-2015, 08:20
If he is getting his invitation through Liga Consulting then speak nicely to Vadim (the boss) and they can do the registration for you.

If your friend is going to be here for 7 working days (or less) then there is no need to register with the FMS.

FatAndy
03-04-2015, 12:23
If he is getting his invitation through Liga Consulting then speak nicely to Vadim (the boss) and they can do the registration for you.

If your friend is going to be here for 7 working days (or less) then there is no need to register with the FMS.
Somebody told here that Moscow based hostels do it for some fee.

Nobbynumbnuts
03-04-2015, 13:05
Somebody told here that Moscow based hostels do it for some fee.

..that's correct. I did myself in Dec. 2013 and one of the hostels (i won't mention the name) registered me there for the length of my 30 day visa. Can't remember the cost now but if the OP sends me a message i will give them the name.

volvo4life
06-04-2015, 17:35
He will be in Russia for 12 days, but we will be going to Saint Petersburg so technically he will be in Moscow for about 7 or 8 days. Thanks for the info!