PDA

View Full Version : Why has nobody mentioned Stavropol?..

miss
28-03-2015, 22:08
This is a good city on the south of Russia. It's 6 hours by car from the Black Sea. Of course, comparing to Moscow it's a small town.. But it's nice and very friendly!. "Stavros" means "cross", "pol" is for "polis"-"city" in Greek. It had been based by Catherine The Second in 1777.
There are all what you could need in it: 3 or more hotels (with quite good service..), 3 3d cinemas, 1 theatre, museums and squares, clubs, many restaurants of good quality. And many many nice friendly girls! (for someone who wants to have new friends or more:)). It has about 900.000 people in it. Sunny and cosy city! The weather is warmer than it's in Moscow, winter finishes in February, spring starts in March (mostly))- everything as it should be! Of course, everywhere is more comfortable to have a good guide, as I am! So, if you decide to visit Stavropol and need a guide or just a translator, please feel free to contact me directly!:)) (I have an expierience of working with expats in Moscow, I'm a professional interpreter with MSU background and now "on some circumstances" I'm back to my native city of Stavropol and live here.. ) So welcome! :fireworks:

tonytony
29-03-2015, 00:34
This is a good city on the south of Russia.

And many many nice friendly girls! (for someone who wants to have new friends or more:))

I've been down to Stavropol several times and enjoyed it very much, although the last time I was there was in 2002. I remember that there was a very nice park that I seem to recall had different aircraft in it.

Also, if you ever visit the city then it's also possible to have a nice day visit to Pyatigorsk and Kislovodsk. These are really interesting places to visit; Kislovodsk is very much a spa town - think Baden-Baden in Germany or Bath in the UK - where you can go and drink the mineral water. It tastes absolutely disgusting though.

vossy7
29-03-2015, 08:57
This is a good city on the south of Russia. It's 6 hours by car from the Black Sea. Of course, comparing to Moscow it's a small town.. But it's nice and very friendly!. "Stavros" means "cross", "pol" is for "polis"-"city" in Greek. It had been based by Catherine The Second in 1777.
There are all what you could need in it: 3 or more hotels (with quite good service..), 3 3d cinemas, 1 theatre, museums and squares, clubs, many restaurants of good quality. And many many nice friendly girls! (for someone who wants to have new friends or more:)). It has about 900.000 people in it. Sunny and cosy city! The weather is warmer than it's in Moscow, winter finishes in February, spring starts in March (mostly))- everything as it should be! Of course, everywhere is more comfortable to have a good guide, as I am! So, if you decide to visit Stavropol and need a guide or just a translator, please feel free to contact me directly!:)) (I have an expierience of working with expats in Moscow, I'm a professional interpreter with MSU background and now "on some circumstances" I'm back to my native city of Stavropol and live here.. ) So welcome! :fireworks:

Hey Miss, nice post .....it looks like Stavros has got the Greek habit of being so laid back ......11 posts in 8 years, give us some more please;)

K.Murat
07-11-2016, 14:43
You could see much more posts if Stavropol will be added as a sub-group. I really hope...)