PDA

View Full Version : US and Saudi terrorism

quincy
26-03-2015, 10:57
The bombing of Yemen is a violation of international law

Attacking a sovereign country is a violation of the UN charter and is therefore criminal

"Saudi Arabia launches Yemen air strikes as alliance builds against Houthi rebels
White House confirms support for military effort, claiming international mandate to end ‘widespread instability and chaos’ that drove Yemeni president into exile"

Nobbynumbnuts
26-03-2015, 11:32

Attacking a sovereign country is a violation of the UN charter and is therefore criminal

"Saudi Arabia launches Yemen air strikes as alliance builds against Houthi rebels
White House confirms support for military effort, claiming international mandate to end ‘widespread instability and chaos’ that drove Yemeni president into exile"

..if Yemen is in chaos and unable to control extremist groups and those groups pose a danger to Saudi Arabia then i don't think the Saudis will sit around waiting to be attacked...........who would?

Benedikt
26-03-2015, 13:12
White House confirms support for military effort, claiming international mandate to end ‘widespread instability and chaos’ that drove Yemeni president into exile"[/QUOTE]

UN? can't remember hearing anything. maybe the Fidshis, Vanuatu,Samoa and the likes?

Armoured
26-03-2015, 13:21
UN? can't remember hearing anything. maybe the Fidshis, Vanuatu,Samoa and the likes?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/16/un-security-council-passes-resolution-demanding-yemen-rebels-give-up-power

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/26/saudi-arabia-begins-airstrikes-against-houthi-in-yemen

"Based on the appeal from President Hadi, ..."

I don't know about the legality, but the argument that will be made is that the February UNSC resolution plus the appeal from the (recognized) president of Yemen gives them (some measure of) authority.

Not arguing for or against, just noting there is a UNSC resolution that's relevant.

Judge
26-03-2015, 14:27

It looks like Iran is making a move for control of Yemen ,and with it the Bab el-Mandeb strait ,where about 4 million barrels a day pass through.Pushing the price of oil up,which is a good thing for Iran.

quincy
26-03-2015, 16:46
Any military operation should be a last resort and after UN approval

Why are there no talks to find a compromise?

Nobbynumbnuts
26-03-2015, 17:25
Any military operation should be a last resort and after UN approval

Why are there no talks to find a compromise?

The time it would take to get UN approval (and could be blocked) and seeking such approval would alert extremists. This makes it impractical.

If I had an extremist group posing an imminent threat to me and my family I wouldn't want the government wasting time and losing the element of surprise

Uncle Wally
26-03-2015, 18:01
The time it would take to get UN approval (and could be blocked) and seeking such approval would alert extremists. This makes it impractical.

If I had an extremist group posing an imminent threat to me and my family I wouldn't want the government wasting time and losing the element of surprise

Why do we need laws if everyone is just going to break them and then nothing is done about it. They pose no threat to Saudi Arabia yet.

TolkoRaz
26-03-2015, 22:35
Interesting points:

1. Saudi and others are preparing for a Ground Offensive into the Yemen and are currently flying bombing sorties against the Shia rebels backed by Iran - this is a proxy war!

2. al Qaeda is also fighting the Shia rebels in the Yemen! ;) Saudi and other's airpower is taking the pressure off al Qaeda providing them space and safehaven!

3. At the same time, Saudi and others, including the US of A, are working with Iranian ground units to destroy IS / Da'esh in Iraq and in Syria - another proxy war!

Confused? ;) I think the Saudis are, but then again, they have a newly appointed 30 year old Minister of Defence! ;)

drbobguy
27-03-2015, 00:03
It may be against international law, but sometimes it is necessary, as was the Russian invasion of Crimea.

mr krinkle
27-03-2015, 08:57
Interesting points:

1. Saudi and others are preparing for a Ground Offensive into the Yemen and are currently flying bombing sorties against the Shia rebels backed by Iran - this is a proxy war!

2. al Qaeda is also fighting the Shia rebels in the Yemen! ;) Saudi and other's airpower is taking the pressure off al Qaeda providing them space and safehaven!

3. At the same time, Saudi and others, including the US of A, are working with Iranian ground units to destroy IS / Da'esh in Iraq and in Syria - another proxy war!

Confused? ;) I think the Saudis are, but then again, they have a newly appointed 30 year old Minister of Defence! ;)

The new minister of defence....he wouldnt happen to be a member of the Royal family by any chance would he?

Judge
27-03-2015, 10:39
It may be against international law, but sometimes it is necessary

Of course, the US and its allies must do their utmost to help a democratically elected leader.

Judge
27-03-2015, 11:06
This is worth a read,

Yet it is true enough to fan the worst fears of the Gulf’s royal dynasties. The ultimate nightmare for Saudis would be a revolt by the Shia majority in the Eastern Province, home to the giant Ghawar oil field and most of the kingdom’s crude output.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11498097/Saudi-battle-for-Yemen-exposes-fragility-of-global-oil-supply.html

Nobbynumbnuts
27-03-2015, 13:23
Of course, the US and its allies must do their utmost to help a democratically elected leader.

..the Saudis have the oil and therefore the rest of us over a barrel, we have to support them. Period.

Judge
27-03-2015, 13:48
..the Saudis have the oil and therefore the rest of us over a barrel, we have to support them. Period.

Who is we?

Nobbynumbnuts
27-03-2015, 14:11
Who is we?

..most of us. Russia has it's own oil and gas but Saudi is the largest exporter with biggest single influence on the price.
Don't see too many countries denouncing Saudi Arabia despite it's terrible human rights abuses and total lack of democracy.

Uncle Wally
27-03-2015, 21:06

Unbelievably helpless you are.

Nobbynumbnuts
27-03-2015, 22:18
The new minister of defence....he wouldnt happen to be a member of the Royal family by any chance would he?

The old king Abdul Aziz, is reported to have a thousand grandsons running around! All princes and all receiving a huge allowance!
Estimates are the house of Saud have amassed worth of 14 trillion dollars....;)

TolkoRaz
27-03-2015, 22:40
The old king Abdul Aziz, is reported to have a thousand grandsons running around! All princes and all receiving a huge allowance!
Estimates are the house of Saud have amassed worth of 14 trillion dollars....;)

Did you know that all newborns to the very large Royal Family start earning a very substantial monthly allowance which is banked for them until they old enough to drink and drive fast cars? ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
27-03-2015, 22:48
Did you know that all newborns to the very large Royal Family start earning a very substantial monthly allowance which is banked for them until they old enough to drink and drive fast cars? ;)

..sounds about right, lol! :p

Judge
28-03-2015, 09:35
..most of us. Russia has it's own oil and gas but Saudi is the largest exporter with biggest single influence on the price.
Don't see too many countries denouncing Saudi Arabia despite it's terrible human rights abuses and total lack of democracy.

Sure, the silence is deafening, and the hypocrisy of helping out a democratically elected leader stinks...

Uncle Wally
28-03-2015, 10:20
Sure, the silence is deafening, and the hypocrisy of helping out a democratically elected leader stinks...

It's criminal. Aiding and abetting.

Judge
28-03-2015, 11:27
It's criminal. Aiding and abetting.

The muppets in Congress are silent,nothing to do with the Saudis being one of America's best arms customers. .

Nobbynumbnuts
28-03-2015, 13:47
Sure, the silence is deafening......

..from everyone not just the big, bad and extremely evil, US of A ;)

Judge
28-03-2015, 16:20
..from everyone not just the big, bad and extremely evil, US of A ;)

If you prefer to call them that,down to you:D,
the "everyone" else follows America's lead,if let's say America does something the usual suspects will follow.One recent case is Cuba,recently the US and Cuba have started to sit down and talk,just last week the EU starts talks with Cuba,talk about having your own forigen policy.....Sweden the other week stood their ground to Saudi pressure,and good for them, other countries should follow their lead,at least act independently. ..
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/03/12/at-last-a-western-country-stands-up-to-saudi-arabia-on-human-rights/

Nobbynumbnuts
28-03-2015, 18:09
If you prefer to call them that,down to you:D,
the "everyone" else follows America's lead,if let's say America does something the usual suspects will follow.One recent case is Cuba,recently the US and Cuba have started to sit down and talk,just last week the EU starts talks with Cuba,talk about having your own forigen policy.....Sweden the other week stood their ground to Saudi pressure,and good for them, other countries should follow their lead,at least act independently. ..
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/03/12/at-last-a-western-country-stands-up-to-saudi-arabia-on-human-rights/

..being an ally means you're usually on the same page about issues. That's what it means to an ally. But not always. Case in point recently is the EU's willingness to join the new Chinese led development bank of Asia.. to the annoyance of the US. To say everyone blindly follows the US in everything is too simplistic and not true.

Judge
28-03-2015, 21:52
..being an ally means you're usually on the same page about issues. That's what it means to an ally. But not always. Case in point recently is the EU's willingness to join the new Chinese led development bank of Asia.. to the annoyance of the US. To say everyone blindly follows the US in everything is too simplistic and not true.

And the Americans have been doing their best to pressure countries from joining,one thing bankers aren't and that's dumb,they know a good deal,anyways, this is China we are talking about,everyone wants to suck up to the Chinese. This is also about de-dollarization,expect countries to ignore America more in the future..

Nobbynumbnuts
28-03-2015, 22:50
And the Americans have been doing their best to pressure countries from joining,one thing bankers aren't and that's dumb,they know a good deal,anyways, this is China we are talking about,everyone wants to suck up to the Chinese. This is also about de-dollarization,expect countries to ignore America more in the future..

One minute you're saying all countries are sucking up to America and too scared to follow their own agendas. Then when i show you they aren't, you say everyone is sucking up to the Chinese and will be ignoring America.

The Americans don't want the EU to embrace the Asian Development Bank because it will rival the IMF and the US is very influential in the IMF. This is global politics, nothing strange or unusual there...

Now everyone is sucking up to the Chinese? Bit difficult to keep up with you sometimes! ;)
Not surprising the EU and others are looking to get involved with the Chinese. Good chance that's where jobs and opportunities will be coming from for our future generations.

Judge
28-03-2015, 23:47
One minute you're saying all countries are sucking up to America and too scared to follow their own agendas. Then when i show you they aren't, you say everyone is sucking up to the Chinese and will be ignoring America.

The Americans don't want the EU to embrace the Asian Development Bank because it will rival the IMF and the US is very influential in the IMF. This is global politics, nothing strange or unusual there...

Now everyone is sucking up to the Chinese? Bit difficult to keep up with you sometimes! ;)
Not surprising the EU and others are looking to get involved with the Chinese. Good chance that's where jobs and opportunities will be coming from for our future generations.

The Americans can pressure other countries when it comes to China;)

No one has signed up yet, all they have done is shown an interest, these countries want to hedge their bets, even America wants to join now,so the earlier pressure was all for nothing.
There's a difference going against the US war machine to joining another rich countries bank...This is a banking agenda, not a policy like when another country is invaded and the invasion is supported,there is a slight difference. .
Many countries have been sucking up to China for years, why cos of their investment ,not cos of the protection they give,do you see the difference.?
The Chinese should tell the Americans ,,sorry this bank isn't open to you cos it's an Infrastructure building Bank, you are to busy blowing up infrastructure around the world. ..

Nobbynumbnuts
29-03-2015, 00:04
No one has signed up yet, all they have done is shown an interest, these countries want to hedge their bets, even America wants to join now,so the earlier pressure was all for nothing.
There's a difference going against the US war machine to joining another rich countries bank...This is a banking agenda, not a policy like when another country is invaded and the invasion is supported,there is a slight difference. .
Many countries have been sucking up to China for years, why cos of their investment ,not cos of the protection they give,do you see the difference.?

Not what you were saying before.

Now the EU are going against the US war machine? Before you said they were too scared.
Some war machine if the US has now simply agreed to join too. What about de dollarization? What about all the money the US could make by starting another war?

Judge, you're making it up as you go along..;)

Judge
29-03-2015, 00:28
Not what you were saying before.
Now the EU are going against the US war machine? Before you said they were too scared.
Some war machine if the US has now simply agreed to join too. What about de dollarization? What about all the money the US could make by starting another war?

Judge, you're making it up as you go along..;)

You are getting mixed up:cool:
Have you seen anyone these past years really speak out against the US war machine in the Middle East,again with Yemen, the silence is deafening .

Now for the China bank, there's no US war machine threat here,just the threat of America losing out to China, when it comes to China, American threats fall on deaf ears..
De dollarization, what about it? Nothing, it's all my imagination :D maybe like on other things, you're just to blind to see it.
Another US war, what are the Saudis doing now,whose weapons are they using?

Nobbynumbnuts
29-03-2015, 01:03
Have you seen anyone these past years really speak out against the US war machine in the Middle East,again with Yemen, the silence is deafening .

Now for the China bank, there's no US war machine threat here,just the threat of America losing out to China, when it comes to China, American threats fall on deaf ears..
De dollarization, what about it? Nothing, it's all my imagination :D maybe like on other things, you're just to blind to see it.

I'm mixed up? Try being consistent then. ;)
..there are few speaking up against the Saudi's involvement in Yemen because most agree with it. Especially in the middle east where the Egyptians also signed up today.
I'm happy they are. These b*stards want to kill me! (and you) ;)

There are trillions of reasons why de dollarization is a myth. China holds approx 1.5 trillion of US debt, Japan around a trillion and the rest of the world 2.6 trillion....................Don't hold your breath waiting for the demise of the dollar.

Carry on...;)

Judge
29-03-2015, 01:25
I'm mixed up? Try being consistent then. ;)
..there are few speaking up against the Saudi's involvement in Yemen because most agree with it. Especially in the middle east where the Egyptians also signed up today.
I'm happy they are. These b*stards want to kill me! (and you) ;)

There are trillions of reasons why de dollarization is a myth. China holds approx 1.5 trillion of US debt, Japan around a trillion and the rest of the world 2.6 trillion....................Don't hold your breath waiting for the demise of the dollar.

Carry on...;)

It's one thing for America to invade and seek regime changes in other countries, it's another to try and stop dozens of rich countries from dealing with the 2nd biggest economy in the world,China’s been investing billions around the world, this is now starting to pay off for them.What we are seeing is a move by China to be an even bigger player with their own currency, this is just the start, it's not a myth....
if America wasn't so concerned, why do you think they tried to pressure countries who are wanting to sign up for this new bank what ,sounds like panic to me..

Nobbynumbnuts
29-03-2015, 01:42
It's one thing for America to invade and seek regime changes in other countries, it's another to try and stop dozens of rich countries from dealing with the 2nd biggest economy in the world,China’s been investing billions around the world, this is now starting to pay off for them.What we are seeing is a move by China to be an even bigger player with their own currency, this is just the start, it's not a myth....
if America wasn't so concerned, why do you think they tried to pressure countries who are wanting to sign up for this new bank what ,sounds like panic to me..

..you've now shifted position to agreeing with me.
The yuan will gain as China's economy grows naturally, no conspiracy. But don't forget the trillions of dollars they hold in debt.
America is concerned because the IMF is America's sphere of influence.........no conspiracies there either...

Nobbynumbnuts
29-03-2015, 02:16
...should have mentioned, when China becomes the largest economy in the world, the dollar will probably still be the world's reserve currency. ;)

TolkoRaz
29-03-2015, 09:40

Qatar, KSA, Bahrain, UAE, Egypt etc are all primarily using US of A manufactured weaponry - it has to be good for business and the Dollar! ;)

The US of A supported the Houthi in their battle against al Qaeda who control about half of the Yemen - but yet again, those backed have not listened to their Masters! ;)

As an aside interesting to note that the Shia Houthi have Iranian and US of A paymasters!

Judge
29-03-2015, 12:21
..you've now shifted position to agreeing with me.
The yuan will gain as China's economy grows naturally, no conspiracy. But don't forget the trillions of dollars they hold in debt.
America is concerned because the IMF is America's sphere of influence.........no conspiracies there either...

If you look here,http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=665224
you'll see I posted about the bank before and showing countries not bowing to American pressure,.America uses 2 weapons to pressure,bully countries, one is by its militray, which we all know too well and have enough evidence of this over the past 20 years,and let's not forget backing regime changes in countries. ..
The other weapon is financial, banking , the dollar,this 2nd weapon is the one that many want to avoid, and China is a country that won't buckle under the dollar weapon, now many others too .A number of countries when trading will now trade together in their own currencies,avoiding the middleman, all part of de dollarization, this is just the start.

Judge
29-03-2015, 12:24
Qatar, KSA, Bahrain, UAE, Egypt etc are all primarily using US of A manufactured weaponry - it has to be good for business and the Dollar! ;)

The US of A supported the Houthi in their battle against al Qaeda who control about half of the Yemen - but yet again, those backed have not listened to their Masters! ;)

As an aside interesting to note that the Shia Houthi have Iranian and US of A paymasters!

It can be confusing working out who is backing who and in which country.It's not the first time America backs one group and then changes its mind, it's continuous chaos, more like controlled chaos;)

Nobbynumbnuts
29-03-2015, 12:49
.........it's continuous chaos, more like controlled chaos;)

..welcome to the real world!
Terrorists don't wear uniforms, they hide behind women and children, they are difficult to find, who are they exactly? This is not a conventional war.
It cannot be fought in a conventional way..........................pretty elementary stuff to understand ;)

Judge
30-03-2015, 22:23
..welcome to the real world!
Terrorists don't wear uniforms, they hide behind women and children, they are difficult to find, who are they exactly? This is not a conventional war.
It cannot be fought in a conventional way..........................pretty elementary stuff to understand ;)

Good, so are we finally agreeing on something,the chaos?
now all that is left to agree on is who is behind all this chaos,who do you think is the main player in bringing chaos to the middle east....

Nobbynumbnuts
30-03-2015, 22:43
.............who do you think is the main player in bringing chaos to the middle east....

..it's a very complex problem. Blaming one side only is too simplistic as usual

Judge
30-03-2015, 23:40
..terrorists without a doubt. You?
You need to look a little deeper,

I blame America,for invading countries and bringing death and misery to millions of innocent people,also funded terrorist organizations, backing regime change and supplying weapons..All this has led to ISIS, just like how America supported Al-Qaeda early on,and still today....This is what America wants,constant chaos there,and they did this by invading Iraq ,this was the plan from the beginning.

You mention terrorists, name the organizations.

..it's a very complex problem. Blaming one side only is too simplistic as usual

If one side didn't support Bin Laden which led to Al-Qaeda being created and also didn't invade Iraq which led to the creation of ISIS ,we probably wouldn't be in the situation we are in now.This is why it's "constructive" chaos a new Middle East which Condoleezza Rice spoke about in 2006, America is redrawing the map,and many are not pleased,this is what happens when you take the lid off countries like Iraq ,Libya,Yemen and now Syria..
Which one side is messing with all these countries?

Nobbynumbnuts
30-03-2015, 23:52
You need to look a little deeper,

I blame America,for invading countries and bringing death and misery to millions of innocent people,also funded terrorist organizations, backing regime change and supplying weapons..All this has led to ISIS, just like how America supported Al-Qaeda early on,and still today....This is what America wants,constant chaos there,and they did this by invading Iraq ,this was the plan from the beginning.

You mention terrorists, name the organizations.

The crisis in the middle has been around for a very long time. It didn't start as a result of the Iraq war.
The Arabs are completely divided and disorganized, untrustworthy, fund and arm both sides, all the things you blame the US for.
To get an idea of the complexity, start by reading up on the recent history of Lebanon...

Nobbynumbnuts
30-03-2015, 23:58
.....we probably wouldn't be in the situation we are in now......

..the problem as anyone will tell you is the Palestinian problem. This lies at the heart of it all. Which you haven't even mentioned once. Until that is resolved there's no solution to any of the other issues.

Carry on...;)

Judge
31-03-2015, 00:24
Hard to carry on, I asked, ..who do you think is the main player in bringing chaos to the middle east.
you said "the terrorists"... now you bring up Lebanon and Palestine.

Nobbynumbnuts
31-03-2015, 01:08
Hard to carry on, I asked, ..who do you think is the main player in bringing chaos to the middle east.
you said "the terrorists"... now you bring up Lebanon and Palestine.

..talking about the mid east gets a little tiresome. i was going to give you a quick answer then against my better judgement i decided to give a longer reply.

As i said, the conflict between Palestine & Israel is central to the mid east crisis and war on terrorism.

The main protagonists (but not the only ones) in the region are the Arabs (leaving out the Palestinians and the Israelis) Along with all their other wrongdoings i mentioned above, they also provide, harbour and fund the terrorists. The middle east is (predominantly) their region, they are completely incapable of showing any unity or leadership to help solve the problems.

I mentioned Lebanon because its one of the most complex countries in the area and would give you an insight as to why it's way to simplistic just to blame the US.

Uncle Wally
31-03-2015, 03:47
The crisis in the middle has been around for a very long time. It didn't start as a result of the Iraq war.
The Arabs are completely divided and disorganized, untrustworthy, fund and arm both sides, all the things you blame the US for.
To get an idea of the complexity, start by reading up on the recent history of Lebanon...

It may have not started with Iraq but because of that it's got a whole lot worse. I can add Libya and Yemen in there now too. And we all know the invasion of Iraq was illegal but of course you think that's ok.

mr krinkle
31-03-2015, 11:27
..the problem as anyone will tell you is the Palestinian problem. This lies at the heart of it all. Which you haven't even mentioned once. Until that is resolved there's no solution to any of the other issues.

Carry on...;)

As much as i'd like to agree with you,i cant,its wishful thinking.OSB himself, never once stated thr Palestine problem as his reason for the twin towers...or for any attack by al quaida,he was actually more interested in the loss of East Timor by Indonesia,a muslim country.He had ideas of a caliphate even back then.Palestine is also never mentioned by Saudi Arabia,or any Muslim country as a reason for the rise of islamisc terrorism,ISIS has never once made a statement that they seek to free Palestine,nor made a move against Israel........In all the years of conflict in that area,the Palestinians have only had one real ally,and that was Sadam Hussein..!
The invasion of Iraq was the greatest mistakr in American history,and now the world is paying for it.

Nobbynumbnuts
31-03-2015, 12:38
As much as i'd like to agree with you,i cant,its wishful thinking.OSB himself, never once stated thr Palestine problem as his reason for the twin towers...or for any attack by al quaida,he was actually more interested in the loss of East Timor by Indonesia,a muslim country.He had ideas of a caliphate even back then.Palestine is also never mentioned by Saudi Arabia,or any Muslim country as a reason for the rise of islamisc terrorism,ISIS has never once made a statement that they seek to free Palestine,nor made a move against Israel........In all the years of conflict in that area,the Palestinians have only had one real ally,and that was Sadam Hussein..!
The invasion of Iraq was the greatest mistakr in American history,and now the world is paying for it.

We can actually thank the Soviet war in Afghanistan for the birth of Al Qaeda but the organization grew by attracting disaffected muslim insurgents from across the middle east, including the Palestinian conflict.

Osama Bin Laden released a video in 2004 which shows he got the idea for the attack on the twin towers from the bombing of Beirut. Which it's self was the result of the PLO (Palestinian Liberation Organization) attacks on Israel and their subsequent invasion of Lebanon.

Terrorist organizations in the middle east (and beyond) have links with Islamic terrorists. PLO member organizations have links to Islamic fundamentalists with ties to Iran. Hezbollah (Party of God) instigated Jihad, the first to use suicide bombings, based in Lebanon and set up by Muslim clerics in 1982 long before the invasion of Iraq because of Israel's invasion of Lebanon, funded again by Iran.

To suggest that Islamic terrorism in the middle east is not linked to the problems in Palestine and doesn't pre date the invasion of Iraq (wrong as it was) is simply daft. ;)

natlee
31-03-2015, 16:38
To suggest that Islamic terrorism in the middle east is not linked to the problems in Palestine and doesn't pre date the invasion of Iraq (wrong as it was) is simply daft. ;)

I am not an expert but why are all Middle Eastern terrorists not attacking Israel? From the news, they seem to be killing one another and Westerners but not Israelis!

mr krinkle
31-03-2015, 17:16
We can actually thank the Soviet war in Afghanistan for the birth of Al Qaeda but the organization grew by attracting disaffected muslim insurgents from across the middle east, including the Palestinian conflict.

Osama Bin Laden released a video in 2004 which shows he got the idea for the attack on the twin towers from the bombing of Beirut. Which it's self was the result of the PLO (Palestinian Liberation Organization) attacks on Israel and their subsequent invasion of Lebanon.

Terrorist organizations in the middle east (and beyond) have links with Islamic terrorists. PLO member organizations have links to Islamic fundamentalists with ties to Iran. Hezbollah (Party of God) instigated Jihad, the first to use suicide bombings, based in Lebanon and set up by Muslim clerics in 1982 long before the invasion of Iraq because of Israel's invasion of Lebanon, funded again by Iran.

To suggest that Islamic terrorism in the middle east is not linked to the problems in Palestine and doesn't pre date the invasion of Iraq (wrong as it was) is simply daft. ;)well you

spin a convoluted story of the history of islamic terrorism,but it has no relevance nowadays,none of the new breed of islamic terrorists mention Palestine.....i never heard any of the 9/11 gang mention Palestine,nor Osama Bin Laden either..nor the charlie hebdo killers,nor al shabbab or boko haram....no one gives a damn about them(unfortunately)

I am not an expert but why are all Middle Eastern terrorists not attacking Israel? From the news, they seem to be killing one another and Westerners but not Israelis!

Exactly!........No interest whatsoever about the rights of the Palestinians....

Uncle Wally
31-03-2015, 17:58

So your reasoning says that because the USSR the CIA had to fund, arm and train terrorist? And you think that is okay right?

Nobbynumbnuts
31-03-2015, 18:39
well you

spin a convoluted story of the history of islamic terrorism,but it has no relevance nowadays,none of the new breed of islamic terrorists mention Palestine.....i never heard any of the 9/11 gang mention Palestine,nor Osama Bin Laden either..nor the charlie hebdo killers,nor al shabbab or boko haram....no one gives a damn about them(unfortunately)

Exactly!........No interest whatsoever about the rights of the Palestinians....

You need to listen more closely.

Boko Haram have pledged allegiance to Islamic State (aka ISIS) which in turn has as it's main goal the formation of an Islamic Caliphate (state) in the middle east. This state rejects the political division of Palestine and formation of Israel.

Al Shabab has strong ties with Al Qaeda which, until recently was affiliated with Islamic state.

Like is said, no lasting settlement in the mid east without addressing the Palestinian-Isreal question

Nobbynumbnuts
31-03-2015, 19:20

It's not easy to attack the state of Israel unless it's from the West Bank or Gaza. A lot of attacks happen through related terrorist groups in other countries, i.e.; The Mumbai attacks (Lashkar-e-Taiba group, fighting Indian government over kashmir BUT including an attack on a Jewish community center) Paris (Charlie Hebdo and Jewish target) etc.
It's easy to see the link between these terrorist groups and their targeting of Jews along with their other aims.

Uncle Wally
31-03-2015, 22:22

Boko Haram have pledged allegiance to Islamic State (aka ISIS) which in turn has as it's main goal the formation of an Islamic Caliphate (state) in the middle east. This state rejects the political division of Palestine and formation of Israel.

Al Shabab has strong ties with Al Qaeda which, until recently was affiliated with Islamic state.

Like is said, no lasting settlement in the mid east without addressing the Palestinian-Isreal question

No you need to listen, hear and understand more. I would say 99% of terrorist don't read Twitter. The ones that do well maybe they are lying to the 99% that don't. Just go back and boil an egg or fry something because you really have no clue about how you are being manipulated. Stop watching TV blat!

Uncle Wally
31-03-2015, 22:27
It's not easy to attack the state of Israel unless it's from the West Bank or Gaza. A lot of attacks happen through related terrorist groups in other countries, i.e.; The Mumbai attacks (Lashkar-e-Taiba group, fighting Indian government over kashmir BUT including an attack on a Jewish community center) Paris (Charlie Hebdo and Jewish target) etc.
It's easy to see the link between these terrorist groups and their targeting of Jews along with their other aims.

Jews and Israel are not the same thing. It's easy to see. If Israel would stop acting like terrorist Jews would be much safer.

mr krinkle
31-03-2015, 22:49

You're really stretching to try and make your case,but the more you stretch it,the thinner it gets...
Youre trying to join up the dots,but theres s huge hole in your argument....not one single atrocity,terrorist attack by AQ or ISIS ,not one hostage taken,or exchanged,by either group has been stated to avenge the Palestinians,or exchange for Palestinians.....Even the charlie hebdo killer in the Kosher deli never mentioned Palestine/the Palestinians.....Face it,they couldn't care less about them...

Judge
31-03-2015, 23:11
Stretching it is putting it politely, it's embarrassing to see someone try and defend America's foreign policy in the Middle East.
I would have thanked your post Mr K,but that option for now is down,so, thanks for the posts,same goes for Nat and Wally.

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 00:04
.....not one single atrocity,terrorist attack by AQ or ISIS ,not one hostage taken,or exchanged,by either group has been stated to avenge the Palestinians,or exchange for Palestinians.....Even the charlie hebdo killer in the Kosher deli never mentioned Palestine/the Palestinians.....Face it,they couldn't care less about them...

I already told you, ISIS ( and their partners) stated aim is the creation of an Islamic state and the recreation of a Palestinian state. They don't recognize Israel.

They never mentioned Palestine? They targeted and killed Israelis!! PMSL :D

Can be no peace in the middle east while ISIS (and associates) and Israel exist.....................Not desperation. Fact! :D

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 00:05
Stretching it is putting it politely, it's embarrassing to see someone try and defend America's foreign policy in the Middle East.
I would have thanked your post Mr K,but that option for now is down,so, thanks for the posts,same goes for Nat and Wally.

Not defending anyone's policy just pointing out you haven't a clue what you're talking about as usual! :D

mr krinkle
01-04-2015, 01:00
I already told you, ISIS ( and their partners) stated aim is the creation of an Islamic state and the recreation of a Palestinian state. They don't recognize Israel.

They never mentioned Palestine? They targeted and killed Israelis!! PMSL :D

Can be no peace in the middle east while ISIS (and associates) and Israel exist.....................Not desperation. Fact! :D

There ya go again with the elastic....isis stated aim is an islamic state,but youre the only one mentioning palestine....

Sure they kill jews,they kill christians and yazidis also,they especially like to kill shia....funnily enough,the party of god,Hezbollah,the great defenders of Palestine ,are shia.....hmmm...maybe thats why they dont give a fcuk about the palestinians

Judge
01-04-2015, 01:02
Not defending anyone's policy just pointing out you haven't a clue what you're talking about as usual! :D

Me thinks you need to watch Lawrence of Arabia again,cos that's clearly where you are,stuck in the past.:uk:

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 01:17
There ya go again with the elastic....isis stated aim is an islamic state,but youre the only one mentioning palestine....

Sure they kill jews,they kill christians and yazidis also,they especially like to kill shia....funnily enough,the party of god,Hezbollah,the great defenders of Palestine ,are shia.....hmmm...maybe thats why they dont give a fcuk about the palestinians

Ah, getting desperate now, lol.

Let's recap: As i said, can be no peace in the middle east with an ISIS who's stated aim is the creation of a Palestinian state and that doesn't recognize Israel.

Carry on.....;) :D

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 01:20
Me thinks you need to watch Lawrence of Arabia again,cos that's clearly where you are,stuck in the past.:uk:

..ah, let's completely disregard history because you know absolutely nothing about it! lol :D

Judge
01-04-2015, 01:42
..ah, let's completely disregard history because you know absolutely nothing about it! lol :D

Do you think Palestine was on the agenda when America created,funded, and trained AL Qaeda to fight the USSR? ,educate yourself Nobby,
The key word of Hiliary's is " create " ...Nobby, seriously, it's really not too difficult to understand. ..

create
kriːˈeɪt/Submit
verb
bring (something) into existence.

from the horses mouth.
https://youtu.be/WnLvzV9xAHA

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 02:09
Do you think Palestine was on the agenda when America created,funded, and trained AL Qaeda to fight the USSR? ,educate yourself Nobby,
The key word of Hiliary's is " create " ...Nobby, seriously, it's really not too difficult to understand. ..
to help you understand,

create
kriːˈeɪt/Submit
verb
bring (something) into existence.
https://youtu.be/WnLvzV9xAHA

Judge, Osama Bin Laden decided to become a terrorist and formed Al Qaeda because the Russians invaded Afghanistan...
Hezzbullah was created because the Israelis invaded Lebanon..
Several terrorist group were formed, amalgamated and proliferated because of the US invasion of Iraq..
Then there's Lebanon, Syria, Iran Etc, etc, etc....

You mentioned the US's funding of Al Qaeda, what about Iran's funding and support of terrorist groups in the west bank and Lebanon? What about Russia's funding and support of Syria and the destabilization of Lebanon and all that it led to?
Again, etc etc etc...
Remember what i said, it's too simplistic to blame the US for all the problems in the region. If you know anything about history, you will know that.

And then when you know all that you will also know that a settlement of the Palestine-Israel conflict is central to an overall peaceful settlement in the middle east. That's because many of the terrorist organizations are linked and some share the same objectives, i.e. the formation of an Islamic state for example, that doesn't recognize Israel and will re draw the political borders to reform Palestine. It's their stated aim....
Iran and Israel are at war due to the Palestinian question and so on and so on...

Uncle Wally
01-04-2015, 06:15

Let's recap: As i said, can be no peace in the middle east with an ISIS who's stated aim is the creation of a Palestinian state and that doesn't recognize Israel.

Really? When? If they are, they are not very good at geography.

mr krinkle
01-04-2015, 10:01

Show me ONE statement(as in ,stated aim)where ISIS mentioned a Palestinian state....bet you can't.

Just wondering what you make of the recent reported accord between Israel and Ksa to allow Israeli jets access to Ksa airspace,in order to bomb Iran(should they deem it necessary)

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 12:11
Show me ONE statement(as in ,stated aim)where ISIS mentioned a Palestinian state....bet you can't.

Just wondering what you make of the recent reported accord between Israel and Ksa to allow Israeli jets access to Ksa airspace,in order to bomb Iran(should they deem it necessary)

What again?
I told you Islamic State (aka ISIS) has as it's main goal the formation of an Islamic Caliphate (state) in the middle east. This state rejects ALL political borders drawn up by the west. That means the political division of Palestine and formation of Israel.
Palestine is not mentioned by name, i never said it was and it doesn't have to be!

KSA and Israel signing accords? Brokered by USA to keep pressure on Iran. A nuclear Iran scares the sh*t out of both.

mr krinkle
01-04-2015, 12:31
What again?
I told you Islamic State (aka ISIS) has as it's main goal the formation of an Islamic Caliphate (state) in the middle east. This state rejects ALL political borders drawn up by the west. That means the political division of Palestine and formation of Israel.
Palestine is not mentioned by name, i never said it was and it doesn't have to be!

KSA and Israel signing accords? Brokered by USA to keep pressure on Iran. A nuclear Iran scares the sh*t out of both.

Yes again,because youre trying to spin your way out of answering my question....when you show me the ONE statement apertaining to ISIS and the Palestinians,then you might have some credibility,until then,you're just waffling.

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 12:54
Yes again,because youre trying to spin your way out of answering my question....when you show me the ONE statement apertaining to ISIS and the Palestinians,then you might have some credibility,until then,you're just waffling.

I've got no credibility with you. I'll try and get over it.
..no peace in the middle east with ISIS & Israel. Fact, not waffle. :D

mr krinkle
01-04-2015, 14:13
I've got no credibility with you. I'll try and get over it.
..no peace in the middle east with ISIS & Israel. Fact, not waffle. :D
Still waiting for the ONE statement from the "stated aims"....I'vea feeling it'll be a long wait....The Palestinians are irrelevant,much to the shame of the arab world.

I'll leave it that ....keep waffling mr numb nuts.

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 14:28
Still waiting........The Palestinians are irrelevant........

I'll alert the Israelis ;)

Judge
01-04-2015, 14:49
Judge, Osama Bin Laden decided to become a terrorist and formed Al Qaeda because the Russians invaded Afghanistan..

Did you watch the Hillary video,where she says created, Ok if you don't understand her American accent, how about the British former Foreign Secretary,Robin Cook,you remember his famous speech about the Invasion on Iraq and him resigning, he then went to write in the guardian, and he said this the day after the London bombings,

Al-Qaida, literally "the database", was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians.
http://gu.com/p/x29av
Cook like Hillary had access to top secret files cos they help the same roles, Cook had access to MI6 files,the likes of which you and I will never see ...
Cook talking about computer files rang alarm bells,
Wally, this next bit won't be a surprise to you, guess what, Cook died a month later of a heart attack..
Nobby, that's all Al qaeda is, a creation of the CIA, a lot of names on a computer file, the database..

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 15:15
Did you watch the Hillary video,where she says created, Ok if you don't understand her American accent, how about the British former Foreign Secretary,Robin Cook,you remember his famous speech about the Invasion on Iraq and him resigning, he then went to write in the guardian, and he said this the day after the London bombings,

Cook like Hillary had access to top secret files cos they help the same roles, Cook had access to MI6 files,the likes of which you and I will never see ...
Wally, this next bit won't be a surprise to you, guess what, Cook died a month later of a heart attack..
Nobby, that's all Al qaeda is, a creation of the CIA, a lot of names on a computer file, the database..

I'm not denying the US paid the Mujahideen which then went on to become Al Quaeda at the end of the 80's. Osama Bin Laden was already a terrorist with the Mujahideen before forming AlQuaeda

The Mujahideen at the time were heroes to the whole world, except the Russians of course. With the benefit of hindsight we all know what they eventually turned into 20 years later. No one knew that at the time.
You also have to realize there was a cold war going on. Both sides were fighting proxy wars all over the world. Funding/supporting the other's enemies through their secret services was common practice

My point is that many others in the middle east are guilty of mistakes as i pointed out in a previous post.

And unless peace is found between Israel and Palestine no lasting progress can be made in the mid east. Many of the terrorist groups operating there have links to ISIS and/or Al Quaeda who want to create an Islamic state, which does not recognize Israel's borders, which were drawn up by the western powers. This means the recreation of the Palestinian state which had been around for since time began.

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 15:20
........http://gu.com/p/x29av

More conspiracy theories?? :coffee:

Cook died of a heart attack. Any proof it was foul play? :rolleyes:

Judge
01-04-2015, 17:58
More conspiracy theories?? :coffee:

Cook died of a heart attack. Any proof it was foul play? :rolleyes:

Cook and Clinton talking rubbish,sure, I'll take your word for it...:book:

About Cook's death,evidence ,you want a bloody handprint on a knife...the timing of his death was suspicious to say the least..

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 18:20
Cook and Clinton talking rubbish,sure, I'll take your word for it...:book:

About Cook's death,evidence ,you want a bloody handprint on a knife...the timing of his death was suspicious to say the least..

..Cook was out walking on a mountain with his wife, he collapsed and died of a severe heart attack. What's suspicious about that? Is his wife questioning events? She was there. :rolleyes:

Judge
01-04-2015, 18:38
..Cook was out walking on a mountain with his wife, he collapsed and died of a severe heart attack. What's suspicious about that? Is his wife questioning events? She was there. :rolleyes:

The timing of his death, Nobby, The timing...
and who knows what more he would have revealed,.

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 19:02
The timing of his death, Nobby, The timing...
and who knows what more he would have revealed,.

..he died 4 weeks after resigning, of a massive heart attack, walking on a mountain at 60 years old. It happens!

Is his wife, friends (who were also there) colleagues asking for an inquiry or questioning events?

Judge
01-04-2015, 21:14
..he died 4 weeks after resigning, of a massive heart attack, walking on a mountain at 60 years old. It happens!

Is his wife, friends (who were also there) colleagues asking for an inquiry or questioning events?

Actually he was walking only with his wife and a fellow walker came over to help,the person has remained unnamed even to this day.
Cook signed the Official Secrets Act,were people afraid he was starting to talk.
Maybe his death was an accident , the timing of his death was very convenient .

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 21:29
Actually he was walking only with his wife and a fellow walker came over to help,the person has remained unnamed even to this day.
Cook signed the Official Secrets Act,were people afraid he was starting to talk.
Maybe his death was an accident, but the timing of his death was very convenient .

Not according to the Guardian. He was out walking with his wife and friends.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2005/aug/07/uk.labour
But return to my point. Wife, two sons, friends and colleagues and no one has raised concerns about his death??
All foreign secretaries sign the official secrets act.

Judge
01-04-2015, 21:53
But return to my point. Wife, two sons, friends and colleagues and no one has raised concerns about his death??

According to other reports it was just him and his wife,

"She was lucky another walker was in the area to be with her at such a time.

"You could be on Ben Stack 90 times and not see a soul, so for someone to be within shouting distance and with a mobile phone was very fortunate."

Can read it at the end of the article,
http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/ever-and-again-i-found-myself-in-competition-with-his-work-1-727759
Also in here, no mention of walking with friends,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1495666/Robin-Cook-dies-after-collapsing-on-mountain.html

is wife had to make her own way down the mountain, with the help of a passer-by, and was then taken to the hospital by police.
Probably Cook's family and friends didn't think there was foul play involved.
Yes,they all sign the act,my point is,was Cook starting to reveal secrets that he shouldn't.

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 22:02
According to other reports it was just him and his wife,

"She was lucky another walker was in the area to be with her at such a time.

"You could be on Ben Stack 90 times and not see a soul, so for someone to be within shouting distance and with a mobile phone was very fortunate."

Can read it at the end if the article,
http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/ever-and-again-i-found-myself-in-competition-with-his-work-1-727759

Probably Cook's family and friends didn't think there was foul play involved.
Yes,they all sign the act,my point is,was Cook starting to reveal secrets that he shouldn't.

Okay, i saw reports that his wife called other walkers to help when he collapsed and fell. Whatever. If everyone else is happy with events including his wife, rescue services, family, friends and colleagues and they were there or closer to him and his life than us, why shouldn't we accept it for what it was too?? A heart attack!

Nobbynumbnuts
01-04-2015, 22:10
His wife had to make her own way down the mountain, with the help of a passer-by, and was then taken to the hospital by police.

..There's probably a perfectly normal explanation for that.
If not, did his wife, the press or anyone else raise concerns about it??

Uncle Wally
01-04-2015, 23:12
His wife had to make her own way down the mountain, with the help of a passer-by, and was then taken to the hospital by police.

..There's probably a perfectly normal explanation for that.
If not, did his wife, the press or anyone else raise concerns about it??

This is ground control to Major numbnuts come in! Major numbnuts do your read us? Come in Major numbnuts!

TolkoRaz
05-04-2015, 13:02
Nobby, How many attacks conducted by aQ or IS / Da'esh have occurred in Israel?

TolkoRaz
05-04-2015, 13:20

Cook would not have had unrestricted access to MI6 files. Being a Politician and a Minister, he would have been shown what MI6 would have wanted to show him - this would have been in the form of Daily Briefs and other ad hoc strategic Intelligence Reports - nothing more, nothing less!

TolkoRaz
05-04-2015, 13:25
Whoever wrote that al Qaeda means 'database' is wrong, it actually means 'The Base' :10310:

Uncle Wally
05-04-2015, 17:57
Nobby, How many attacks conducted by aQ or IS / Da'esh have occurred in Israel?

Good question and I know what he'll say, "Israel has such a good military that they are unable to commit any" bull kaka!

Uncle Wally
05-04-2015, 17:58
Whoever wrote that al Qaeda means 'database' is wrong, it actually means 'The Base' :10310:

That's what they get for letting Americans make up their name.

Fantastika
06-04-2015, 04:27

Nothing to see here, keep on walking...

Here are 7 more "suicides" - of Ukrainian pro-Russian politicians.

Kiev-junta-cleaning-the-field. Seven-high-profile-suicides-in-Ukraine-in 1 month (http://wakeupfromyourslumber.com/kiev-junta-cleaning-the-field-seven-high-profile-suicides-in-ukraine-in-one-month/)

Nothing to see here, keep moving.

Judge
06-04-2015, 12:16

Cook's words not mine,

Al-Qaida, literally "the database", was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians.

He's just saying that it was only a computer file,a database of names...
could be argued that's where the name derives from.

interesting read,

“[According to a Pakistani major] the database was divided into two parts, the information file where the participants in the meetings could pick up and send information they needed, and the decision file where the decisions made during the previous sessions were recorded and stored. In Arabic, the files were called, ‘Q eidat il-Maaloomaat’ and ‘Q eidat i-Taaleemaat.’ Those two files were kept in one file called in Arabic ‘Q eidat ilmu’ti’aat’ which is the exact translation of the English word database. But the Arabs commonly used the short word Al Qaida which is the Arabic word for “base.” The military air base of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is called ‘q eidat ‘riyadh al ‘askariya.’ Q eida means “a base” and “Al Qaida” means “the base.”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/al-qaeda-the-database-2/24738

Judge
07-04-2015, 12:17

Palestinian militiamen opposed to the Syrian government and some Free Syrian Army fighters are leading the fight against the IS militants.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32198576

Carry on Nobby ...

mr krinkle
07-04-2015, 12:44

Carry on Nobby ...
Yes,I'd like to hear why have Isis beheaded 2 Palestinian leaders in Yarmouk this weekend,seeing how ,according to Nobby,theyre so pro-Palestinian....

Nobbynumbnuts
07-04-2015, 12:54
Yes,I'd like to hear why have Isis beheaded 2 Palestinian leaders in Yarmouk this weekend,seeing how ,according to Nobby,theyre so pro-Palestinian....

..nobby said ISIS do not recognise the borders of Israel.
You're memory is shot lol :D

Nobbynumbnuts
07-04-2015, 12:58

Carry on Nobby ...

...with pleasure. ;)
Read the article. ISIS are not fighting the Palestinians per se but other groups that include Palestinians.
Bit like Russian separatist fighting themselves in Ukraine hehehe :D

mr krinkle
07-04-2015, 17:00
...with pleasure. ;)
Read the article. ISIS are not fighting the Palestinians per se but other groups that include Palestinians.
Bit like Russian separatist fighting themselves in Ukraine hehehe :D
Winning hearts and minds eh nobby....?
I wonder why they never target Israel.....,or why not leave a few Palestinians alive ,so THEY can target Israel?.....

Nobbynumbnuts
07-04-2015, 20:20
Winning hearts and minds eh nobby....?
I wonder why they never target Israel.....,or why not leave a few Palestinians alive ,so THEY can target Israel?.....

Because it's very difficult to get into Israel to attack them? :doh:;)

Leave a few Palestinians alive? There are 4,000,000 in the Gaza and west bank. :D

TolkoRaz
07-04-2015, 20:55
Because it's very difficult to get into Israel to attack them? :doh:;)

Leave a few Palestinians alive? There are 4,000,000 in the Gaza and west bank. :D

Nobby, How many Arabs actually live in Israel and move about very freely? ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
07-04-2015, 21:41
Nobby, How many Arabs actually live in Israel and move about very freely? ;)

Lot of Arabs in Israel, most Palestinian.
The thing is most are satisfied with their lot and don't support extremism and don't want to jeopardize their standard of living......Not going to be easy for ISIS to recruit.

TolkoRaz
07-04-2015, 22:15
Lot of Arabs in Israel, most Palestinian.
The thing is most are satisfied with their lot and don't support extremism and don't want to jeopardize their standard of living......Not going to be easy for ISIS to recruit.

Do you not find that strange? Is it really a religious war?

Nobbynumbnuts
07-04-2015, 22:35
Do you not find that strange? Is it really a religious war?

If your talking about the Israel-Palestinian conflict i'm not sure it's a religious thing. It's about land after all. The fact they don't share a religion, just polarizes the sides more...

TolkoRaz
07-04-2015, 23:07
If you are genuinely interested in the Middle East's Regional Politics etc, read this very good piece by the BBC. The only aspect they have not covered is the KSA's request for Pakistani support in the fight against Iranian backed Houthis in The Yemen - it is now pay back time - The Pakistanis cannot refuse the request!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32160794

Whilst many are distracted, this is turning in into an even bigger mess and confused chaos than I have ever witnessed in the Region.

Uncle Wally
07-04-2015, 23:11
If your talking about the Israel-Palestinian conflict i'm not sure it's a religious thing. It's about land after all. The fact they don't share a religion, just polarizes the sides more...

Come in Major numbnuts!

I wonder if he listens to himself?

Nobbynumbnuts
07-04-2015, 23:37
If you are genuinely interested in the Middle East's Regional Politics etc, read this very good piece by the BBC. The only aspect they have not covered is the KSA's request for Pakistani support in the fight against Iranian backed Houthis in The Yemen - it is now pay back time - The Pakistanis cannot refuse the request!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32160794

Whilst many are distracted, this is turning in into an even bigger mess and confused chaos than I have ever witnessed in the Region.

Yes, an interesting read.
I'm old enough (just) to remember the 6 day war and then heydays of the PLO and the Lebanese civil war. The region has always been unstable and just keeps lurching over time from one set of criteria with it's main players to another.

I don't think the web of intrigue is any worse now than in the past either really. The huge advances in global media mean every aspect now is reported on in detail.
The Arabs have always been notoriously divided and famous for their subterfuge. They're their own worse enemies....

TolkoRaz
07-04-2015, 23:54
This explains it! ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
07-04-2015, 23:56
This explains it! ;)

...pretty much ;)

TolkoRaz
07-04-2015, 23:59
I am waiting for Part II to the letter! It has become even more complicated since the letter was published! ;)

TolkoRaz
10-04-2015, 22:50

Palestinian Territories: Explosion in Gaza Amidst Heightened Tensions
April 10, 2015 | 17:44 GMT

According to the Levantine Group, a large improvised explosive device detonated April 10 near a Hamas security facility in northern Gaza City. No casualties have been reported and no group has claimed responsibility for the attack. Israeli sources have suggested that the explosion was the result of a botched Hamas training exercise. Others however have suggested that the attack was in response to an arrest carried out earlier that day by Hamas of Salfi Sheikh Adnan Khader Mayat, who was accused of sympathizing with the Islamic State. This was the second IED to be detonated in in Gaza City this week. Tensions between Hamas and the Islamic State have risen since the groups began fighting one another in the Yarmouk refugee camp in Syria.

So, Nobby, Do you still think IS / Da'esh / ISIS are interested in creating a Palestinian State? If so, why are they fighting Hamas? ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
10-04-2015, 23:08
Palestinian Territories: Explosion in Gaza Amidst Heightened Tensions
April 10, 2015 | 17:44 GMT

According to the Levantine Group, a large improvised explosive device detonated April 10 near a Hamas security facility in northern Gaza City. No casualties have been reported and no group has claimed responsibility for the attack. Israeli sources have suggested that the explosion was the result of a botched Hamas training exercise. Others however have suggested that the attack was in response to an arrest carried out earlier that day by Hamas of Salfi Sheikh Adnan Khader Mayat, who was accused of sympathizing with the Islamic State. This was the second IED to be detonated in in Gaza City this week. Tensions between Hamas and the Islamic State have risen since the groups began fighting one another in the Yarmouk refugee camp in Syria.

So, Nobby, Do you still think IS / Da'esh / ISIS are interested in creating a Palestinian State? If so, why are they fighting Hamas? ;)

Because ISIS and Hamas are fighting, that means they both don't have similar aims?
Pretty weak ground your on there...;)

TolkoRaz
10-04-2015, 23:32
Because ISIS and Hamas are fighting, that means they both don't have similar aims?

I think you are on shifting sands! ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
10-04-2015, 23:47
I think you are on shifting sands! ;)

...i'll make a note of it ;)

Uncle Wally
11-04-2015, 00:23

The thing that is most similar is that they both want to destroy each other.

Uncle Wally
11-04-2015, 00:25
...i'll make a note of it ;)

You should make note of something.

Maybe the fact at your happiness at being a slave.

mr krinkle
11-04-2015, 14:51
http://www.i24news.tv/app.php/en/news/israel/diplomacy-defense/50457-141110-israel-said-to-treat-wounded-members-of-is-and-radical-syrian-groups

so much for isis being anti -israel....and vice versa......