PDA

View Full Version : Getting a visa in the Baltics/Poland

hamski
27-02-2008, 10:31
I seem to be starting a lot of threads like this at the moment, sorry... :11030:

I'm British and looking to apply for a 3 month single entry business visa for Russia. I already have an invitation,etc sorted, and I'm not going to do it through an agency. Here are my specific questions:

*As far as I understand, I can only get my visa processed in an EU country now. Is this definitely the case? Any sites I can check this out on?

*Does anyone know the costs/requirements specifically for Russian consulates in the Baltics/Poland? The visa I want to get would cost about $90 in London (usually 5 days to process), so I was hoping it would be cheaper elsewhere.

Any other information or advice about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hamski
27-02-2008, 11:48
Just phoned Riga and Warsaw and was told that you can ONLY get a visa through your country of residence now! Is this really the case?

elis
27-02-2008, 11:54
Just phoned Riga and Warsaw and was told that you can ONLY get a visa through your country of residence now! Is this really the case?

It is my understanding that that is indeed the case. Or a country where you can remain legally for more than 90 days--which, puts you right back to country of residence.

hamski
27-02-2008, 12:55
Even for EU residents in other EU countries?

Carbo
02-03-2008, 13:38
Even for EU residents in other EU countries?
At first, I thought one would be able to apply for a Visa in any country in which one had the right to stay for 90 days without a visa -- a bonus for us EU member citizens.

However, I now understand that one can only apply in a country in which you havew citizenship or a residency permit.