PDA

View Full Version : Happy St Patrick's day to one and all.....

vossy7
17-03-2015, 06:02
Just had my green scrambled eggs....nah , only joking!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0q-_gWOYjY

Judge
17-03-2015, 08:25
and to you to, the sites favourite Irishman, have a great day!!!!

Uncle Wally
17-03-2015, 11:41
I was wondering why I woke up feeling a little Irish today?

Show me the way to the next Irish bar, oh don't ask why, oh don't ask why,

Ignia
17-03-2015, 12:22
So. Are you wearing anything green today? :elf:

Uncle Wally
17-03-2015, 12:45

Well I just got out of the shower so I am not wearing anything at the moment ��

I will put my green t-shirt on though. And how about you? What are you or aren't you wearing?

Ignia
17-03-2015, 14:41
Well I am definitely wearing a shirt - a green one, but I can't say it is all buttoned up. ;)

FatAndy
17-03-2015, 15:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGQMuLAPYxM

http://cs407725.vk.me/v407725112/4a81/NFngL_Epxi8.jpg

Russian Lad
17-03-2015, 15:34
A man was arrested in Moscow for wearing the kilt just some days ago: http://news.bigmir.net/world/881783-V-Moskve-zaderzhali-muzhchinu-za-noshenie-kilta---SMI

FatAndy
17-03-2015, 15:38
A man was arrested in Moscow for wearing the kilt just some days ago: http://news.bigmir.net/world/881783-V-Moskve-zaderzhali-muzhchinu-za-noshenie-kilta---SMI
Do Irish ppl wear kilts?

Russian Lad
17-03-2015, 15:40
Not that much, but they dance and make loud noise with music... Is dancing still legal in Russia? Songs in English must be banned too - it is unpatriotic. Always remember - we are surrounded by enemies (according to you). So, celebrating their holidays or even congratulating them is akin to treason. :neiner:

FatAndy
17-03-2015, 15:44
Is dancing still legal in Russia?
Only kadril'. Rap is already forbidden.

Songs in English must be banned too - it is unpatriotic. :neiner:
When Irish gets drunken in Russia, he sings USSR anthem, I saw and heard it many times with different ppl.

Russian Lad
17-03-2015, 15:46
When Irish gets drunken in Russia, he sings USSR anthem, I saw and heard it many times with different ppl.

Ok, let's keep them drunk, comrade. Have we decreased the vodka prices yet? Ah, ok. Let's keep it this way.

FatAndy
17-03-2015, 15:47
Have we decreased the vodka prices yet?
No ideas, brandy is still the same, 850 to 1100.

Nobbynumbnuts
17-03-2015, 16:10
Do Irish ppl wear kilts?

..and play bagpipes ;)

vossy7
17-03-2015, 16:26

Why my green Calvins of course.......well actually Marks & Spencer's :D

vossy7
17-03-2015, 16:29
Do Irish ppl wear kilts?

Only when they're drunk or wanting to air their views:D

vossy7
17-03-2015, 16:40
..and play bagpipes ;)
Actually we play the uilleann pipes or pipes of the elbow......we need our mouths for drinking whiskey and Guinness of course......these pipes have a very melancholy sound to melt the ladies hearts :7525:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwxga8udIio

Nobbynumbnuts
17-03-2015, 16:43
Actually we play the uilleann pipes or pipes of the elbow......we need our mouths for drinking whiskey and Guinness of course......these pipes have a very melancholy sound to melt the ladies hearts :7525:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwxga8udIio

..you learn something everyday! ;)

rusmeister
17-03-2015, 18:01
I wonder how many people will even think of the reason for anyone to celebrate anything, the reason for the season - St Patrick himself, what mattered to him, what was good about what he did, why should Irish people or anyone be grateful for that today...?

Armoured
17-03-2015, 18:18
Didn't he banish the snakes from the internet?

Fantastika
17-03-2015, 19:32

Kristen Stewart agrees, in her brilliant and quite historically accurate and intellectual analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-4WtwNOqA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-4WtwNOqA)

Uncle Wally
17-03-2015, 23:25

You're still here aren't you? Don't ask stupid questions.

TolkoRaz
17-03-2015, 23:33
and to you to, the sites favourite Irishman, have a great day!!!!

There is only one! ;)

I wonder if he is still standing or is he dancing a jig? :D

Uncle Wally
17-03-2015, 23:35
Why my green Calvins of course.......well actually Marks & Spencer's :D

I found that Irish bar I was looking for. The thing was my green t-shirt was dirty so I thought "ok I have green underwear" so I'm in the bar trying to look Irish and I start chatting up this girl and she commented on me no wearing green. So I say "what makes you think I'm not wearing anything green?" She says she's not color blind and can see that I'm not so I told her I was wearing green underwear. She wanted me to prove it so I whip open my pants and wouldn't you know I got dressed so fast this morning I plum forgot to put on my underwear. Got a date for next Friday!

Ignia
18-03-2015, 00:15
Friday dates are cool! ))

Uncle Wally
18-03-2015, 00:54
Friday dates are cool! ))

Yes they are and once you get over the dumb guy who couldn't see how good a girl you are you too can go on Friday night dates. Times a wasting it's almost spring! Time for fun fun fun!

rusmeister
18-03-2015, 07:58
I wonder how many people will even think of the reason for anyone to celebrate anything, the reason for the season - St Patrick himself, what mattered to him, what was good about what he did, why should Irish people or anyone be grateful for that today...?

Obviously, not many.

Fantastika
18-03-2015, 08:39

Well, it depends on what group the holiday represents.

Christmas is a time to buy presents and spend money, it's certainly nothing to do with the message of Christ.

St. Patrick's Day is a time to make jokes about Irish drunks and their capacity for whiskey.

Now what would the media do if, on Martin Luther King's birthday, we made jokes about eating watermelon and playing basketball?

Or if, on Ramadan, we made jokes about terrorists, flying carpets and hashish-smokers?

Or if, on Hannakuh, we made jokes about big-nose bankers?

shurale
18-03-2015, 11:37

Since when do you care about Catholic heretics?

shurale
18-03-2015, 13:40
Do you like German beer, schnaps, kirschwasser?
You can celebrate the feast days of following saints:
Adalbert of Magdeburg
Ansgar
Boniface
Bruno of Cologne
Peter Canisius
Kilian of Wrzburg
Michael the Archangel
Swithbert
George
Maurice

Germans have good wines, too!
Do you prefer grappa and chianti?
Celebrate days of:
Catherine of Siena
Francis of Assisi

If you are a Russian patriot, then you must drink vodka
on the feast days of:
The Virgin Mary (as Our Lady the Sovereign)
Basil the Great
Casimir
Vladimir I of Kiev
Joseph]
Thrse de Lisieux
George
Andrew the Apostle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patron_saints_of_places

Ignia
18-03-2015, 15:11
Yes they are and once you get over the dumb guy who couldn't see how good a girl you are you too can go on Friday night dates. Times a wasting it's almost spring! Time for fun fun fun!
Well it's not that the guy was dumb, maybe I was just too good for him. Anyway, it won't be easy to forget someone but I know how to not look for a person in another one so all will be well. I don't feel like wasting any more of my precious time brooding on the past. :)

Also, this thread is about happy things, so BEER! Beer-beer-beer! Beeeeer!

ConanS
18-03-2015, 15:35
Want to hear a (belated) St. Patrick's Day joke? An Irishman walks out of a bar. Related: an Irishman walks past a bar

Uncle Wally
18-03-2015, 15:54
Well it's not that the guy was dumb, maybe I was just too good for him. Anyway, it won't be easy to forget someone but I know how to not look for a person in another one so all will be well. I don't feel like wasting any more of my precious time brooding on the past. :)

Also, this thread is about happy things, so BEER! Beer-beer-beer! Beeeeer!

That's right! So you heard it here first guys Ignia is officially in need of Friday dates with lots of beer, beer, beer! ( not necessarily in that order) and happy things!

Fantastika
18-03-2015, 18:31
Since when do you care about Catholic heretics?

"Catholic heretics" is an oxymoron.

Am I missing something here? And I also don't get what Benedikt was yelling about in post #6 of thread "Another of the BRICS in trouble" concerning annual Washington, DC "March for Life":

Its a very Catholic event, as a Catholic Im proud of that, Monahan-Mancini said, while noting their outreach to other faiths (including having Dr. James Dobson speak at the 2014 March for Life) and the presence of such groups as Secular Pro-Life.

and the white protestants shit themselves in the pants, things might change a little bit.....

Is there some schism or antagonism in Russia between Catholics and Protestants?

vossy7
18-03-2015, 20:15
Want to hear a (belated) St. Patrick's Day joke? An Irishman walks out of a bar. Related: an Irishman walks past a bar

A Paddy walks into a bar and says ouch! It was an iron bar:o

Uncle Wally
18-03-2015, 20:42
And I was just thinking the Irish have been mysteriously silent today.

I am glad I only have to be Irish one day a year. Boy did my head hurt this morning!

Fantastika
18-03-2015, 21:06
And I was just thinking the Irish have been mysteriously silent today.

I'm Irish. I think it's racist to imply that all the Irish do is drink vast quantities of Jim Beam and Johnny Walker.

Uncle Wally
18-03-2015, 23:22
I'm Irish. I think it's racist to imply that all the Irish do is drink vast quantities of Jim Beam and Johnny Walker.

Ha Jim Beam!

I don't know but I grew up with friends from a large Irish family (9 children) and the one I hung out most with drank like a fish. It's where I learned the phrase"liquid lunch" and I never knew anyone who could total so many cars. He would drink a whole case of beer in a few hours. He was the champ! But I don't think all Irishman drink like that.

Agent Smith
19-03-2015, 10:07
I told her I was wearing green underwear. She wanted me to prove it so I whip open my pants and wouldn't you know I got dressed so fast this morning I plum forgot to put on my underwear. Got a date for next Friday!

you are a classy guy

vossy7
19-03-2015, 10:24
you are a classy guy
.....and he's one of your own:11581:

Uncle Wally
19-03-2015, 10:56
you are a classy guy

Yeah I know. That's what they keep telling me.

Englishman In Moscow
19-03-2015, 11:12
Well I am definitely wearing a shirt - a green one, but I can't say it is all buttoned up. ;)

Wow

Uncle Wally
19-03-2015, 23:26
Wow

You can say that again!

Fantastika
20-03-2015, 00:53
:) Wally went to a hooker. He dropped his pants. She dropped her price.