PDA

View Full Version : What kind of car do you own?

Lexis
21-03-2004, 19:51
I wonder what kind of cars expat drive around with,

I bought a second hand Opel Astra, a stationwagon/break. I am the first owner since it got from Japan. It has the steering wheel on the left side btw.

I could not do without it, I use it for business as well as personal use.

I did not want to spend to much on a car and me and my wife rather have a second had foreign car then a new russian.

I am curious what kind of car al you other expats own, what you use it for (business/transport/family/etc). Or do you just get around by taxi and metro?

polly
22-03-2004, 10:04
when in town, taxi and metro.

Alethea
19-04-2004, 14:38
One should take a minimum 7,5 km walk on daily basis to stay healthy:p

VOLDEMAR
14-05-2004, 19:28
my two feet and a heart beat and Moscow has a wonderful public transportation network that puts to shame anything they have in Canada.....besides who would try to drive around in that mess? unless of course you have a motorcycle??

trampler
16-05-2004, 00:15
lexus ls300 takes me where i wanna be, but i wouldnt take my lovely one into moscow traffic, keep her safe, far from moscow traffic

Filimon
18-05-2004, 19:40
My commute car has 80 wheels

Clean32
31-10-2007, 14:07
GWM D3
GWM D5
Audi 8
2 Merc 3 ton trucks

have owned Kamas, lada and Gaz, as well as that bloody horible army 4X4

Albertina
31-10-2007, 21:51
I have always owned only sports cars in the past, and since it doesn't make any sense in Moscow, I don't own any. When I go back, I'll buy a new Z4 or something like that.

Bels
31-10-2007, 22:13
I always had a new car at home, A puegot 406, Nissan Bluebird . Austin montego, A range rover

But in Russia, well I'm ateacher and I can't afford one.

Benedikt
01-11-2007, 13:44
when i was new here foreigners had yellow numberplates, so the cops could spot a money making opportunity from far.
i had a little russian thing on 4 wheels and a steering whel, forgot the name of the car...
gave it back and never anted another one. since i live close to public transport going to work is no problem. and as a chef i always (mostly..)work on weekends during the week if i need wheels, taxis are cheap.and to get out of town. nothing more fun to sit in the electritshka or take one of the bussess. getting there is half the fun already...:agree:

Clean32
01-11-2007, 18:54
when i was new here foreigners had yellow numberplates, so the cops could spot a money making opportunity from far.
i had a little russian thing on 4 wheels and a steering whel, forgot the name of the car...
gave it back and never anted another one. since i live close to public transport going to work is no problem. and as a chef i always (mostly..)work on weekends during the week if i need wheels, taxis are cheap.and to get out of town. nothing more fun to sit in the electritshka or take one of the bussess. getting there is half the fun already...:agree:

the yellow/ forren number palets do still exist. now i doint have any thing resisterd in my Name, just makes you a target. even with 76 plates ( yaro) and driving in moscow is a bit of a pain / target.

Benedikt
02-11-2007, 11:27
but it has now more to do with registered foreign businesses, even the bus companies seem to be registered in the bahamas or cyprus since quite a few of them are driving around with yellow number plates....