PDA

View Full Version : so,let the Yanks parade 300 m away from the Russian border

Benedikt
25-02-2015, 16:52
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/02/24/u-s-military-vehicles-paraded-300-yards-from-the-russian-border/
and let them gloat about it.
when the Russians fly in international waters, it is a world scandal, war will
break a out just now, Russia is an agressor,bla,bla,bla...
WP must have a hard time finding news. a piddling parade in a two cow town makes it into the headlines on Yahoo too. are they THAT hard up for news?

Russian Lad
25-02-2015, 17:08
So, you are disappointed there will be no Narva cauldron?:) We don't want Fenrir in a Narva cauldron.:)

fenrir
25-02-2015, 17:28
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/02/24/u-s-military-vehicles-paraded-300-yards-from-the-russian-border/
and let them gloat about it.
when the Russians fly in international waters, it is a world scandal, war will
break a out just now, Russia is an agressor,bla,bla,bla...
WP must have a hard time finding news. a piddling parade in a two cow town makes it into the headlines on Yahoo too. are they THAT hard up for news?

If it is such a minor news story, then why are you making such a big deal out of it?

FatAndy
25-02-2015, 17:51
We don't want Fenrir in a Narva cauldron.:)
Not "we", but you personally, comrade. Maybe fenrir is dreaming to get there... ;)

If it is such a minor news story, then why are you making such a big deal out of it?
It's not Ben making, but WP - the announce of article is on the default page for PCs under Morning Mix section (I mean, for mobiles there may appear another content): http://www.washingtonpost.com/

Russian Lad
25-02-2015, 17:55
It's not Ben making, but WP

Well, WP made it on WP, Ben is making it here on the forum.

Not "we", but you personally, comrade. Maybe fenrir is dreaming to get there...

These warfare tactics (cauldrons and the like) are from the previous millennium textbooks, while they are effective against the weak Ukr army, they would be totally useless against any modern army. But you may continue celebrating the Victory Day every time a new Ukrainian village is captured.:)

FatAndy
25-02-2015, 18:13
These warfare tactics (cauldrons and the like) are from the previous millennium textbooks, while they are effective against the weak Ukr army, they would be totally useless against any modern army.
Will see, if modern armies will fight. At least former tractor drivers and miners have performed not bad against Ukroarmy and associated banderlogs under Ilovaisk, Debal'tsevo, Sanzharovka and Mariupol.

you may continue celebrating the Victory Day every time a new Ukrainian village is captured.:)
Better to celebrate Estonian independence :D with US m1126, yep.

Russian Lad
25-02-2015, 18:14
Better to celebrate Estonian independence with US m1126, yep.

The US troops in Estonia - it is actually the total failure of Russian diplomacy, just like the situation in Ukraine. I don't see any reason for glee in the view of these miserable, utter failures. It doesn't take much brains to make enemies, making friends is much harder.

At least former tractor drivers and miners have performed not bad against Ukroarmy and associated banderlogs under Ilovaisk, Debal'tsevo, Sanzharovka and Mariupol.

Tell this fairytale about tractor drivers and miners to your woman (women).

FatAndy
25-02-2015, 18:25
Disclose The TruthЪ, comrade, break covers again and again ;)

Benedikt
25-02-2015, 18:52

i am just stating the facts.

when i opened yahoo, it was right in the beginning, actually the first 7 or 8 items on the opening page were about Russia,and how bad things here are.

FatAndy
25-02-2015, 18:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKiFCIS2GJU - btw the funny video from the Narva "parade".

actually the first 7 or 8 items on the opening page were about Russia,and how bad things here are.
I remember Armoured said something about The Agenda a couple of months ago ;)

Benedikt
25-02-2015, 19:07
- btw the funny video from the Narva "parade".

let him, that's what democracy is all about. and they love it so much, so they for sure can live with one lonely Russian patriot`?

Armoured
25-02-2015, 19:26
I remember Armoured said something about The Agenda a couple of months ago ;)

What was it I said? Honestly no clue.

fenrir
25-02-2015, 21:44
The US troops in Estonia - it is actually the total failure of Russian diplomacy, just like the situation in Ukraine. I don't see any reason for glee in the view of these miserable, utter failures. It doesn't take much brains to make enemies, making friends is much harder.

RL is right. All this is a total failure of Russian policy and diplomacy: American troops on the Russian border in Estonia, as well as in Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. They are also going to train their Ukrainian counterparts on Polish territory. Add that to the British military advisors going to Ukraine and you have a budding disaster in the making.

PJB
25-02-2015, 22:01
RL is right. All this is a total failure of Russian policy and diplomacy: American troops on the Russian border in Estonia, as well as in Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. They are also going to train their Ukrainian counterparts on Polish territory. Add that to the British military advisors going to Ukraine and you have a budding disaster in the making.

If Russia did not want NATO and EU troops on it's borders it never should have involved itself militarily in Ukraine and Crimea. But VVP and all of his advisors are not stupid and thus knew that their actions in Ukraine would revive NATO and cause conflict with The West. Or did The Kremlin misjudge and think that the EU and America would not work together to protect the former Soviet countries from invasion by "Polite People?"

Uncle Wally
25-02-2015, 22:26

Yeah for Ukraine. They're just too stupid to know it.

Uncle Wally
25-02-2015, 22:29
If Russia did not want NATO and EU troops on it's borders it never should have involved itself militarily in Ukraine and Crimea. But VVP and all of his advisors are not stupid and thus knew that their actions in Ukraine would revive NATO and cause conflict with The West. Or did The Kremlin misjudge and think that the EU and America would not work together to protect the former Soviet countries from invasion by "Polite People?"

NATO and EU forces have been on Russia's border for a long time now. 10 years or more.

fenrir
25-02-2015, 22:36
NATO and EU forces have been on Russia's border for a long time now. 10 years or more.

Have American forces ever been 300 meters from the Russian border before?

TolkoRaz
25-02-2015, 22:36

Clearly you have absolutely no idea what you are writing about!

As the countries you have mentioned have been NATO members for years, your point is totally lost on me! :10310:

In actual fact, the current situation is a total failure of Western diplomacy in that they are unable to understand VVP, and his concerns, or allay his fears of NATO expansionism which has been ongoing since 1991.

In reality, the only winner today is VP / the RF and the Russian speakers residing in The Krim and in the ever-increasing East! Who else has gained significant territory? :10310:

TolkoRaz
25-02-2015, 22:37
Have American forces ever been 300 meters from the Russian border before?

There are US Marines in Moscow! :doh:

fenrir
25-02-2015, 22:38
There are US Marines in Moscow! :doh:

That was a good one!

Uncle Wally
25-02-2015, 23:01
That was a good one!

They work at the US embassy. Lets not talk about how the US used Russian territory while pulling out of Afghanistan.

Fantastika
26-02-2015, 01:43
Fenrir, are all Estonians like this?

If you were here, and I was driving you around, showing you the city, would you stick up your middle finger when we passed a police car, just to see what would happen?

Nobbynumbnuts
26-02-2015, 01:50
...Lets not talk about how the US used Russian territory while pulling out of Afghanistan.

Russia wasn't aligning with American might in it's own war against terrorism?

Uncle Wally
26-02-2015, 06:59
Russia wasn't aligning with American might in it's own war against terrorism?

If it was it was a farce. Saudi Arabia funding Chechnya and Chechen terrorists hiding in Georgia attacking then running back over the border all with the blessings of America.

vossy7
26-02-2015, 08:05
As you all know I hate making comments in the political and religious threads.....but JC would even have to make a comment here.....I would like to use a business analogy here, it is a bit like .....
Technological Risk—It violates the laws of physics.
IP Risk—Your idea steps on somebody's toes.
Market Risk—Nobody wants it.
Cost Risk —It costs too much to ever make a profit.
Knock-off Risk—Mr. MeToo does the same thing; and they do it cheaper.
Competitive Risk—Somebody beats you to it......and yes I did C&P this before anyone asks!:happymad:
p.s. the ones in red are the operative ones of course :rolleyes:

Fantastika
26-02-2015, 16:49
In Estonia, ethnic Russians are discriminated against, both legally and illegally.

When Estonia became independent, the ethnic Estonians decided to revoke the citizenship of ethnic Russians. If a person of Russian ancestry was born in Estonia and had lived there all his life, he citizenship was revoked and his children were also denied citizenship. Overnight, he became an alien in his native country.

Ethnic Russians cannot vote in federal elections. They cannot be employed in certain sectors of the economy.

Today, many of Estonia’s 1.35 million people, mainly ethnic Russians, are "stateless." They have special "alien" passports and need to submit to Estonian bureaucrats and onerous regulations if they wish to travel anywhere.

Estonia's answer to charges of discrimination by the UN and by Amnesty International? "Let them move to Russia" or "Let them learn to speak Estonian."

The idea that the US and NATO is willing to start a European war to support a human rights basket-case like Estonia, a country where ethnic racism and discrimination is not only tolerated, but mandated, is utterly repugnant.

Russian Lad
26-02-2015, 17:59
or "Let them learn to speak Estonian."

Isn't it natural to learn the language of the country you live in? If you are an ignorant arsehole (not you personally, some of those russkies in Estonia) who has lived in Estonia all your life acting like they are your slaves who must learn Russian but you are not obliged to learn Estonian, and haven't even bothered to learn the language, maybe you have to blame only yourself for your miserable, uneducated, wasted and stupid life of a dumbhead?

FatAndy
26-02-2015, 18:10
Isn't it natural to learn the language of the country you live in? If you are an ignorant arsehole (not you personally, some of those russkies in Estonia) who has lived in Estonia all your life acting like they are your slaves who must learn Russian but you are not obliged to learn Estonian, and haven't even bothered to learn the language, maybe you have to blame only yourself for your miserable, uneducated, wasted and stupid life of a dumbhead?
More and more hell, comrade ;)

Uncle Wally
26-02-2015, 18:29

You would think that someone who thinks of themselves as a professional translator would make so many mistakes when writing.

Have lived! Their life! Only yourself to blame!

Please someone quote my post so he can see it.

Russian Lad
26-02-2015, 18:46
Sadly, I can still see your tripe when I am not logged in, this Ignore List system needs to be perfected. Go get a life, I am not obliged to be perfect even in my Russian when posting on forums, unlike you, I am not paid per post here, don't forget about that. Besides, you are making mistakes regularly as well.

FatAndy
26-02-2015, 18:52
:emote_popcorn:

Uncle Wally
26-02-2015, 20:31
Sadly, I can still see your tripe when I am not logged in, this Ignore List system needs to be perfected. Go get a life, I am not obliged to be perfect even in my Russian when posting on forums, unlike you, I am not paid per post here, don't forget about that. Besides, you are making mistakes regularly as well.

I'm not trying to make out like I'm some kind of know-it-all, a messiah leading us to the promise land of bank fraud and some kind of fascist police state. You know for sure it's better to live in a debt ridden society that is both financial and morally bankrupt.

Holier than thou and ready to sell your soul for a life of slavery.

fenrir
26-02-2015, 21:12
I'm not trying to make out like I'm some kind of know-it-all, a messiah leading us to the promise land of bank fraud and some kind of fascist police state. You know for sure it's better to live in a debt ridden society that is both financial and morally bankrupt.

Holier than thou and ready to sell your soul for a life of slavery.

Fascist police state? Go to Red Square and hold up a sign that says "Down with Putin' or 'Give the Crimea back to Ukraine' and see what happens to you.

Uncle Wally
26-02-2015, 21:24
Fascist police state? Go to Red Square and hold up a sign that says "Down with Putin' or 'Give the Crimea back to Ukraine' and see what happens to you.

It doesn't matter what your sign says on Red Square none are allowed, but funny enough there is a video of Pussy Riot on Red Square. They weren't arrested. But then they didn't have a sign.

Russian Lad
26-02-2015, 22:12
They weren't arrested.

They were arrested before for singing a song and praying to God (in their own punk manner) in a church and spent two years in a high-security prison for that, to the immense joy of Rusmeister here and other offended believers (I am still not sure why they are not letting their God deal with such offenders by punishing them directly from Heaven, it is a proof of their complete lack of faith in their allegedly omnipotent and omnipresent deity). They were also whipped in public for trying to sing a song, the Russian police just watched how two grown-up Russian men ruthlessly tortured and whipped these two young women, inflicting upon them unbearable bodily pain.
This time around they were more cautious, I assume. It would be weird to arrest some sidewalk-sweeping ladies though, even in Russia or in the North Korea.

Uncle Wally
26-02-2015, 22:24
They were arrested before for singing a song and praying to God (in their own punk manner) in a church and spent two years in a high-security prison for that, to the ultimate joy or Rusmeister here and other offended believers (I am still not sure why they are not letting their God deal with such offenders by punishing them directly from Heaven, it is a direct proof of their complete lack of faith in their allegedly omnipotent and omnipresent deity).
This time they were more cautious, I assume. It would be weird to arrest some sidewalk-sweeping ladies though, even in Russia or in the North Korea.

"This time" conveys the idea that they did this after they sang in the church. "that time" would be more correct as this happened before the church incident.

Nobody was really paying attention to them so they pushed and pushed until they pushed too far.

Matt24
26-02-2015, 22:27
I'm not trying to make out like I'm some kind of know-it-all

In fairness you're doing a fantastic job

fenrir
26-02-2015, 22:43
In Estonia, ethnic Russians are discriminated against, both legally and illegally.

When Estonia became independent, the ethnic Estonians decided to revoke the citizenship of ethnic Russians. If a person of Russian ancestry was born in Estonia and had lived there all his life, he citizenship was revoked and his children were also denied citizenship. Overnight, he became an alien in his native country.

Ethnic Russians cannot vote in federal elections. They cannot be employed in certain sectors of the economy.

Today, many of Estonia’s 1.35 million people, mainly ethnic Russians, are "stateless." They have special "alien" passports and need to submit to Estonian bureaucrats and onerous regulations if they wish to travel anywhere.

Estonia's answer to charges of discrimination by the UN and by Amnesty International? "Let them move to Russia" or "Let them learn to speak Estonian."

The idea that the US and NATO is willing to start a European war to support a human rights basket-case like Estonia, a country where ethnic racism and discrimination is not only tolerated, but mandated, is utterly repugnant.

As usual, you don’t know what you are talking about.

First of all, Estonia didn’t revoke the citizenship of anyone. They just didn’t give Estonian citizenship to anyone who did not meet the legal requirements of the newly reindependent state, which is quite reasonable. There is a huge difference between the two.

Your argument about the Russians is flawed. One, ‘After the restoration of Estonia's independence, persons who held Estonian citizenship before 16 June 1940 and their descendants were automatically considered to be Estonian citizens. Thus, roughly two-thirds of the 1.5 million Estonian inhabitants restored Estonian citizenship in 1992. All other Estonian residents could obtain Estonian citizenship through the naturalisation process. At the same time, all Estonian residents who had been Soviet citizens had the right to register themselves as citizens of Russia, the USSR's successor state, or to choose any other citizenship.’ Russians who had citizenship before could get it restored. As for the others who came during the Soviet period, they were colonists and under international law, such colonization is illegal (according to Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, the settlement of Russians in the Baltic States during the period was illegal under international law: "The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies," and according to Peter Van Elsuwege, a scholar in European law at Ghent University, a number of historic precedents support this, most notably the case of Alsace-Lorraine when France on recovering the territory in 1918 did not automatically grant French citizenship to German settlers despite Germany having annexed the territory 47 years earlier in 1871.)

Now, those colonists could have still gotten citizenship through naturalization but many have absolutely refused to do so. They also did not take Russian citizenship when they had the chance in the 90s, thus they are stateless. They can vote in local elections but not national ones, which again is reasonable. How many European countries allow non-citizens to vote in national elections? Does Russia?

Grey passport holders can get any job they qualify for except government jobs, but that is normal too. Russia doesn’t give non-citizens government jobs either. They can travel without visas within the Schengen Zone countries and Russia and they are exempt from military service in Estonia and Russia.

Regarding the language and civics test requirements for citizenship, here is an interesting quote: While language testing is now widespread throughout Europe (in 26 out of 33 countries), assessment of country knowledge through a civics test is less common (17 out of 33 countries). All but six countries (Belgium, Cyprus, Ireland, Italy, Poland, and Sweden) have a language requirement for citizenship. The price of these tests ranges from zero (France), to nominal fees (Sweden, Canada), to what some describe as prohibitively high costs (the United States, the Netherlands, and most notably the United Kingdom). – taken from http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/shaping-citizenship-policies-strengthen-immigrant-integration

Btw, Russia now requires language testing just to get a work permit. How racist is that?

Russian Lad
26-02-2015, 23:23
"This time" conveys the idea that they did this after they sang in the church. "that time" would be more correct as this happened before the church incident.

"This time" refers to the sidewalk-sweeping, as it is clearly seen in the next sentence. Stop drinking that glass cleaning liquid and offering me idiotic advice as to my English. By American standards, you are an illiterate nobody. Your access to a keyboard and Internet hasn't changed that, troll.

penka
26-02-2015, 23:34
They were arrested before for singing a song and praying to God (in their own punk manner) in a church and spent two years in a high-security prison for that, to the immense joy of Rusmeister here and other offended believers (I am still not sure why they are not letting their God deal with such offenders by punishing them directly from Heaven, it is a proof of their complete lack of faith in their allegedly omnipotent and omnipresent deity). They were also whipped in public for trying to sing a song, the Russian police just watched how two grown-up Russian men ruthlessly tortured and whipped these two young women, inflicting upon them unbearable bodily pain.
This time around they were more cautious, I assume. It would be weird to arrest some sidewalk-sweeping ladies though, even in Russia or in the North Korea.

Could you be the next E. L. James?:D You certainly do display the style inclinations:)

Russian Lad
26-02-2015, 23:45
Well, did I exaggerate? You are welcome to watch it (again?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly9t1PiQdkk

Perhaps you approve this? The beating and the police just watching? If you think you may not be the next victim, think harder.

Uncle Wally
27-02-2015, 00:05
"This time" refers to the sidewalk-sweeping, as it is clearly seen in the next sentence. Stop drinking that glass cleaning liquid and offering me idiotic advice as to my English. By American standards, you are an illiterate nobody. Your access to a keyboard and Internet hasn't changed that, troll.

Really? How would you know anything about American standards? The funny thing about them is there are two standards. Yes the the great American double standard of which you don't apply.

Your access to a keyboard is just digging you deeper and deeper. Please keep up the good work.

Russian Lad
27-02-2015, 00:09
Your access to a keyboard is just digging you deeper and deeper. Please keep up the good work.

Watch your own back, buddy... You are in a very controversial country in a very controversial (and vulnerable) capacity... My personal opinion is you are an American spy. These are hard times, as a Russian, I must remain vigilant and on high alert when talking to foreigners like you.

Uncle Wally
27-02-2015, 00:22
Watch your own back, buddy... You are in a very controversial country in a very controversial (and vulnerable) capacity... My personal opinion is you are an American spy. These are hard times, as a Russian, I must remain vigilant and on high alert when talking to foreigners like you.

Yeah but your personal opinion means very little.

I understand that life anywhere can be dangerous, I don't worry believe me. If I did I wouldn't be here because unlike you it was my choice.

FatAndy
27-02-2015, 20:53
American troops on the Russian border in Estonia, as well as in Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.
Comrade, don't be so shy - occupation forces ;)

Add that to the British military advisors going to Ukraine and you have a budding disaster in the making.
As I wrote already, there are a lot of deep coal and salt mines in Donb**** so no problems with future bury procedures... insha alla...