PDA

View Full Version : Who do u care about?

Jas
18-02-2015, 05:24
I care about me mum, me very best friend what I love 2 bits and me cat. That's it.

Judge
18-02-2015, 09:40
My family and friends,my health,which needs looking after better...

Jas
18-02-2015, 09:57
My family and friends,my health,which needs looking after better...

What's rong with ure health? Like do u smoke?

Judge
18-02-2015, 09:59
What's rong with ure health? Like do u smoke?

Used to smoke about 6 years ago,from 2 pkts a day to nothing, cold turkey.
But,I put on a few kgs which I find hard to get rid of.....

Jas
18-02-2015, 10:04

Well that's brilliant u stopped smoking! I think if u got the willpower to do that then u for sure can lose just a few kg.

Judge
18-02-2015, 10:43
Well that's brilliant u stopped smoking! I think if u got the willpower to do that then u for sure can lose just a few kg.

It's a different kinda will power,quitting smoking was a must, was in a bad state,having asthma didn't help:5387:,smoking wasn't enjoyable anymore,unlike food,which I really
enjoy :beerbros: its down to bad eating habits, I can go all day without eating and then eat a huge plate of spaghetti bolognese at night.

Uncle Wally
18-02-2015, 12:04
Yum spaghetti!

I would say Natlee. But I think a lot about her bum but that would be a thing butt it's attached to the rest of her which is the second things I think about.

Jas
18-02-2015, 12:11
It's a different kinda will power,quitting smoking was a must, was in a bad state,having asthma didn't help:5387:,smoking wasn't enjoyable anymore,unlike food,which I really
enjoy :beerbros: its down to bad eating habits, I can go all day without eating and then eat a huge plate of spaghetti bolognese at night.

Judge, do u no that if u just swapped it to breakfast instead of dinner without even reducing the amount of food as such, that just by itself wud help u lose cos u wud be burning all those calories during the day. U wud feel better, have much more energy, and lose wait. And also, u wudn't be hungry cos u wud have ure breakfast. This what ure doing now must mean ure hungry and tired most of the day and then eating food what u get no benefit from cos ure asleep.
I mean, just try it for a week, no food at night and lots in the morning and c how u feel.

If u keep ure sphagetti, but for the morning, then add with salad and fruit throughout the day, u got all u need really. Ure just burning everything.

Judge
18-02-2015, 12:27
Judge, do u no that if u just swapped it to breakfast instead of dinner without even reducing the amount of food as such, that just by itself wud help u lose cos u wud be burning all those calories during the day. U wud feel better, have much more energy, and lose wait. And also, u wudn't be hungry cos u wud have ure breakfast. This what ure doing now must mean ure hungry and tired most of the day and then eating food what u get no benefit from cos ure asleep.
I mean, just try it for a week, no food at night and lots in the morning and c how u feel.

If u keep ure sphagetti, but for the morning, then add with salad and fruit throughout the day, u got all u need really. Ure just burning everything.

Makes sense, now the hard part,sticking to such a plan...

Armoured
18-02-2015, 13:31
Makes sense, now the hard part,sticking to such a plan...

Only sharing experience because you mentioned big heaps of spaghetti: I changed my diet in a way that didn't involve a plan or require much effort to follow at all.

I cut out the main sources of refined carbohydrates (starches) from my regular meals - which for me was pasta. (For others might be bread, soft drinks, other sugars, whatever). I also try to be _moderate_ about starchy foods without refined carbs, like just not each huge portions of rice, potatoes, etc.

But for me the only significant change was not to eat pasta. (I do occasionally have a bit, and buckwheat noodles are okay).

Dropped about 10kg in the first month or so and been steady (where I want to be) ever since. Made no other changes.

For what it's worth. There's some science behind this, like modern diets have way, way too much refined carbs, and that excess sugars are bad for us, but it's not a 'diet' like Atkins or whatever other else.

I find this simple approach a lot easier to maintain than any other type of regime. May be worth a try, just cut out the refined carbs/sugars. Grechka is a perfectly fine substitute.

Uncle Wally
18-02-2015, 15:23
When did this thread become about Judge's beer belly?

Switch to red wine. Read a study on why Italians aren't fat because they eat a lot of pasta. They also drink a lot of red wine. Something in the skin of grapes acts like the foundation of youth. Spanish grape had the most beneficial effects.

Now can we get back to Natlee's bum?

Armoured
18-02-2015, 15:49
Switch to red wine. Read a study on why Italians aren't fat because they eat a lot of pasta. They also drink a lot of red wine. Something in the skin of grapes acts like the foundation of youth. Spanish grape had the most beneficial effects.

To each their own, and Judge can decide for himself what he wants to try.

It might be red wine, but my own experience with Italian pasta habits are:
1) Portions are smaller. It's often more like an appetizer than a large main course. So it's not like they eat _huge_ amounts of pasta, just reasonably regularly.
2) Rare to eat pasta with bread, so one way or the other, limits to carbohydrate induction.
3) Better, fresher vegetables and fruits.

In my case, I'll freely admit that I was making pasta too large a proportion of my diet. So cutting pasta out was an easy and straightforward case. For others it might be bread or soft drinks or whatever.

Back to the bum discussions, as regularly scheduled.

Jas
18-02-2015, 16:24
I can't eat a meal without rice but rice is just same as potatoes or spaghetti cos all are having like 70g of cars for each 100 g. So I eat milky rice with skimmed milk, like a comfort food but less rice so less carbs. I got to eat less than 50g of carbs a day so I got 2 be really strict.
I wud say judge cud eat kasha every morning.

Armoured
18-02-2015, 17:34
I can't eat a meal without rice but rice is just same as potatoes or spaghetti cos all are having like 70g of cars for each 100 g.

There are different opinions on this but I for one am convinced that the 'highly refined' (sugars, refined wheat flour, corn syrup - sugars, breads, traditional pastas) are far worse than the ones in (whole) potatoes and rice (not the flours or extracts from them). That said, can't hurt to cut back some on those as well, or favour e.g. less refined (brown) rice.

Again, just my experience.

AstarD
18-02-2015, 17:51
There are different opinions on this but I for one am convinced that the 'highly refined' (sugars, refined wheat flour, corn syrup - sugars, breads, traditional pastas) are far worse than the ones in (whole) potatoes and rice (not the flours or extracts from them). That said, can't hurt to cut back some on those as well, or favour e.g. less refined (brown) rice.

Again, just my experience.Have you ever tried rice pudding made with brown rice?

Armoured
18-02-2015, 18:01
Have you ever tried rice pudding made with brown rice?

No. But I'm not sure I get your point. I don't really like rice pudding much.

Again, [I don't think] I'm a fanatic about this. We eat too much refined starches and sugars. Remove the biggest source(s) of those from your diet, but not all, see if it makes a difference.

So I'd be surprised if anyone was eating that much rice pudding.

Jas
18-02-2015, 18:02

Again, just my experience.

The worst thing is hi fruktose corn syrup which the body just cant break down. Bad stuff.

Jas
18-02-2015, 18:06

It's ok 2 eat milky rice but that's not the same as normal rice pudding cos it's just boiled milk with rice and cut fruit. It just looks like a nothing food though if ure not used two it. I make it meself-forget canned rice pudding.

penka
18-02-2015, 20:21

Well done, Judge, with the smoking bit!:)

penka
18-02-2015, 20:22

Again, [I don't think] I'm a fanatic about this. We eat too much refined starches and sugars. Remove the biggest source(s) of those from your diet, but not all, see if it makes a difference.

You should try the Gotland version, man:) Baked with saffron and almonds and served with home-made plum jam:)

Uncle Wally
18-02-2015, 21:10
Natlee is so young and pretty she can eat anything she wants and doesn't become fat.

Korotky Gennady
19-02-2015, 00:19
Natlee is so young and pretty she can eat anything she wants and doesn't become fat.

Let her drink more beer.

Judge
24-02-2015, 11:59
Only sharing experience because you mentioned big heaps of spaghetti: I changed my diet in a way that didn't involve a plan or require much effort to follow at all.

I cut out the main sources of refined carbohydrates (starches) from my regular meals - which for me was pasta. (For others might be bread, soft drinks, other sugars, whatever). I also try to be _moderate_ about starchy foods without refined carbs, like just not each huge portions of rice, potatoes, etc.

But for me the only significant change was not to eat pasta. (I do occasionally have a bit, and buckwheat noodles are okay).

Dropped about 10kg in the first month or so and been steady (where I want to be) ever since. Made no other changes.

For what it's worth. There's some science behind this, like modern diets have way, way too much refined carbs, and that excess sugars are bad for us, but it's not a 'diet' like Atkins or whatever other else.

I find this simple approach a lot easier to maintain than any other type of regime. May be worth a try, just cut out the refined carbs/sugars. Grechka is a perfectly fine substitute.

10 kgs, hat off to you,
For me ,weakness is pasta and bread.Now the holidays are over will try,hard to stick to a diet when there's a week of pancakes to be eaten and men's day to top it all off.

natlee
24-02-2015, 13:03
Natlee is so young and pretty she can eat anything she wants and doesn't become fat. Getting older and fatter as we speak! :eek:

:cry:

And no, I do not drink beer - can't stand it! Prefer Mojitos! :verycool:

To answer the original question - mainly, my kids and my man. Two of the three have dimples - who doesn't love those! :inlove:

Uncle Wally
24-02-2015, 23:17
Getting older and fatter as we speak! :eek:

:cry:

And no, I do not drink beer - can't stand it! Prefer Mojitos! :verycool:

To answer the original question - mainly, my kids and my man. Two of the three have dimples - who doesn't love those! :inlove:

I ain't gettin any younger either so let's get it on!

I can have dimples!

Would that get me at least into the top 20 of things Natlee cares about?