PDA

View Full Version : where did the CREDITS go?

turkgida
22-02-2008, 23:19
I never knew of what use they were to start with, but there used to be credits for each member.
Does anybody know why/how they might have disappeared?

Miracle77777
22-02-2008, 23:26
It is not the first time, Turkgida ^^

To be precise since my presence here - we used credit-system till Jan very activly....
Then - we cleared our accounts and started again from zero....

Then - our Csystem has gone for a while...:confused:

When you joined to us - our Admin again started this CS....

And now - it has gone as well.....:suspect:

It looks like Kaleidoscope - so I am not paying attention to this...;)

Rustralian
23-02-2008, 03:54
Well ladies, if it is any consolation, I think that you are both a credit to your gender and the forum ...

... it may not be the credits that you want, but it is the best I can offer for now :)

:SwoonLoveSmiley::SwoonLoveSmiley: :SwoonLoveSmiley::SwoonLoveSmiley:

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:
:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

pjw
23-02-2008, 04:07
:asskiss::asskiss::asskiss::asskiss:
I like it when you bend over Rustralian because I see fireworks. But it stinks nevertheless! Please do it a bit more sparingly. :groan: :groan::groan:
:Loco::Loco::Loco::Loco:

Albertina
23-02-2008, 16:31
Dear Admins,

It is a high time you decreased the limit of smileys to 2 and decreased their size to a standard one, like this :clown:.

We are dizzy of this:

:fireworks: and :10806: and :11513:

AndreyS
23-02-2008, 16:42
Dear Admins,

It is a high time you decreased the limit of smileys to 2 and decreased their size to a standard one, like this :clown:.

We are dizzy of this:

Oh yeah, they are too flashy. The next stage would be - a hand comes out of the screen and hits you on the nose!

Penelope
28-02-2008, 12:38
No reply from Admins or Mods to the original poster's question?

elis
28-02-2008, 14:52
What did they mean, anyhow? If you had enough, could you get a free toaster or something?

Penelope
28-02-2008, 15:08
There were two monthly contests awhile back, and the winners got some nice prizes. I believe it was to increase the number of active posters. Perhaps now that there are more members posting regularly, the owner no longer feels it's necessary.

elis
28-02-2008, 16:22
Maybe if Sal and his mum buy in, they can reinstate credits and we can get a trip to sunny Italia. :)

SalTheReturn
28-02-2008, 18:16
There were two monthly contests awhile back, and the winners got some nice prizes. I believe it was to increase the number of active posters. Perhaps now that there are more members posting regularly, the owner no longer feels it's necessary.

do not even mention this stuff

my prize was stolen by Bels' wife:-(((

Bels
28-02-2008, 19:45
do not even mention this stuff

my prize was stolen by Bels' wife:-(((

I beat you fair and square Sal, and not due to volume :)

If you remembere sal, I've been waiting for your return to Moscow so that you can have the free haircut.

Bels
28-02-2008, 19:48
Maybe if Sal and his mum buy in, they can reinstate credits and we can get a trip to sunny Italia. :)

I think he wants to buy out expat.ru to have the pleasure of banning me :)

elis
28-02-2008, 19:55
I think he wants to buy out expat.ru to have the pleasure of banning me :)

LOL!! Someday, us newbies might like to hear the whole story behind this . . .

Bels
28-02-2008, 19:56
Dear Admins,

We are dizzy of this:

I think the fireworks are a great if used only on special occasions. I used them when I got my residency for example, and others did the same. They have also been used when admin of expat.ru comes up with a popular and agreeable decision.

The donkey whipping is often a good one when dealing with sal.

Or this one :10479: Sal :)

SalTheReturn
28-02-2008, 20:47
I beat you fair and square Sal, and not due to volume :)

If you remembere sal, I've been waiting for your return to Moscow so that you can have the free haircut.

i prefer a free english cl**** but remember i am not going to take any grammar from you:11157:

SalTheReturn
28-02-2008, 20:48

Elis, you yourself have to choose your own enemy

you cant be on this forum and be friends with everybody

Bels
28-02-2008, 21:24
Sal's a hypocrite, he's always thanking the agreed and the opposers. In fact he gives his thanks to everyone and anyone except me :(:soapbox:

elis
28-02-2008, 21:26
Sal's a hypocrite, he's always thanking the agreed and the opposers. In fact he gives his thanks to everyone and anyone except me :(:soapbox:

Oh uh. What did that make me? :eek: I just thanked you both! Yikes.

Bels
28-02-2008, 21:32
Oh uh. What did that make me? :eek: I just thanked you both! Yikes.

Thanks for mine, forget sal next time :)

elis
28-02-2008, 21:58
Elis, you yourself have to choose your own enemy

you cant be on this forum and be friends with everybody

Does one actually choose their enemies? I mean, I know you can choose your friends. But enemies...some catalysm needs to occur for that particular spark to ignite. (At least that's what I think.)

Hey...are we getting any credit for this?

Bels
28-02-2008, 22:18
Does one actually choose their enemies? I mean, I know you can choose your friends. But enemies...some catalysm needs to occur for that particular spark to ignite. (At least that's what I think.)

No we don't choose them, they just happen to appear. But we choose friends.

Bels
28-02-2008, 22:20
Guest had a few British enemies, but he also had the same number of British friends. And he didn't choose them :) They happened :)

Bels
28-02-2008, 22:50

In answer to the boldened, No! :) We will just have to make do with the thank yous, until our admin come up with some popular decisions mentioned on various threads as what should. OOps! if it's discussed we might get the temp brigade back to oppose us.

And if they make these popular decision it will be the celebrations :fireworks:

Wodin
28-02-2008, 23:00
But I thought that the Admins had been perfectly clear that rep points are never going to come back....I can trace the particular post if you'd like me to. I had thought that that would have been the end of it.:9451:

Bels
28-02-2008, 23:26
That's only one issue of which I daren't get involved with, and some of you will know why as you know my opinion and I need say no more. I believe I timed my opinion at the correct time and now is not the correct timing for me. But recently other members have brought it up. I'm keeping out of this area. It's now up to those other members.

And no, that's not specificly what I was talking about, although you got me going with something I strongly believe in.

I'm talking about popular decisions from admin who will be given the fireworks for popular decisions, and other subjects to letting keep the fireworks as something special.For example "Hey I've just got a son"." Hey I can stay in Russia longer than three months". Hey! It's my birthday". or it's woman's day. There could be others.

Miracle77777
28-02-2008, 23:47

Hmmm.....not sure, Elis.....as I am here about few months...but do not know the whole Saga too....:cry:...:)
Gyus.....do you remember how did start your love???? ;)

Bels
28-02-2008, 23:58
Hmmm.....not sure, Elis.....as I am here about few months...but do not know the whole Saga too....:cry:...:)
Gyus.....do you remember how did start your love???? ;)

As far as forum goes we love each other really :) Don't take it too seriously, or at least I don't :)

But Miracle, you have also had your little conquests with Sal, haven't you. Your experienced enough by now to know what it's like with Sal.

Miracle77777
29-02-2008, 00:10
As far as forum goes we love each other really :) Don't take it too seriously, or at least I don't :)

But Miracle, you have also had your little conquests with Sal, haven't you. Your experienced enough by now to know what it's like with Sal.

:tgif: Yes, Bels.....:iagree:
Time to time....But I am woman....so I could play with him.....;)...

SalTheReturn
29-02-2008, 05:23
the thing is that i feel more clever than most of the people here, this is how most of the diatribes raise

of course i am also full of it, and basically a racist

i think i have drunk a lot today and didnt understand why 2 italian guys would care for 2 american EDITED lol lol lol

love you all, bels incl.

Penelope
29-02-2008, 12:05
But I thought that the Admins had been perfectly clear that rep points are never going to come back....I can trace the particular post if you'd like me to. I had thought that that would have been the end of it.:9451:
Credits are/were not the same as reputation. Reputation was the little green or red squares under a person's user name (or maybe it was on the right side of every post?). Credits appeared after the word "Credits:" on the right side of every post. The admins and mods decided to award a certain quantity of credits to each posters post, based on some criteria they had chosen, and the person who had the highest number of credits at the end of the month (during the months when it was being used as a contest) would receive a prize. I'll see if I can find the thread explaining it.

Here's the thread introducing the credits/contest
http://www.expat.ru/forum/forum-participation-contests/28906-forum-participation-contest-august-2007-a.html

Bels
29-02-2008, 12:09
The credit points, and I mean the creditpoints:) were on the right hand side. Beside the rep buttons.