PDA

View Full Version : Kiev Embassy

hamski
22-02-2008, 16:45
Has anyone got their visas for Russia through the embassy/consulate in Kiev? How was it?
Any tips?

Thanking you all in advance... :10518:

MCI
23-02-2008, 15:48
Hamski:

One of our colleagues went to the Kiev embassy back in November '08 and I am attaching his comments below. I just did call there this week and was told by the main visa person that Americans can indeed get a business (or other) visa there, but that you have to wait 10 days in order to get it.

MCI

Here is my colleague's experience:

"We just got back from Kiev on a visa run on what we thought would be a same day service, Nov 7-9. The rules and procedures have changed from those indicated below.

Russian Consulate only offers 10 days service for those individuals who can not produce 6 month or more Ukrainian registration and or a work permit for the Ukraine.

10 day visa will cost $150. 10 days could be calendar and or business days, clerk would not specify. It takes more than 24 hours to process the Ukrainian expedited registration, this then forces you to spend 2 nights in Kiev.

You can also do Ukrainian registration through an organization at the regular 7 business day route at a cost of approx $120

Detail:

Went to the Rus Cons. Was told that the new rules went into effect and that they could only issue visas to people who were Ukrainians or those who could prove 6 month or more Ukrainian registration and or a Ukrainian work permit. When I asked what we could do, since we need to get back quickly she gave me a business card for “VisaLinc” express visa service, Tatiyana is the contact person.
After I left the Rus Consul I called Tatiyana, long story short we were not able to meet with her until almost 14;00. She told us that she could get expedited Ukrainian registration for us and that would be enough for the Rus Consulate.
She needed 2 passport photos for each applicant (3 X 4 cm). Plus the original passport and Ukrainian migration card.
She told us that we would get our documents in enough time to submit our visa applications before noon on Thursday (our expected departure date). We gave her $350 for each registration.
Thursday, we got our passports back by 15:50 and went to the Rus Consulate. Attendant or consultant that sits at the desk in front of the door leading to the Cashier and the visas office saw that our docs were in order said that it would not be possible to get our visas on Thursday and we needed to return on Friday at 09:30.
Friday 09:30 we submitted for expedited visa service. At $450 / visa
Picked up visas at 15:00

Particulars:

Bring your documents to visa linc at 10 am with 2 photographs and $350 / registration, tell her that you are trying to get a Russian visa and need the 6 month Ukrainian registration. Address 15 Arsenal apt 17 located 1 block from the Rus Consulate. Your registrion will be ready on the next day approx 15:30.
Visa Linc office +38 044 285 11 88. I would call ahead.
Rus Embassy located off of Pecherska metro

BrianS
02-03-2008, 18:20
My experience in Kiev was the same back in NOV07. 10 day wait, $100, and I was able to get my business visa. I have heard of others recently paying to get the regisitration so you can obtain your visa same or next day, but at the time I went it was unavailable as an option as Tatiyana wasn't setup to do it when I was there...(it was a new law then). Good luck.

Dougle
06-03-2008, 09:15
I might go to Kiev to get a new 1 year multi entry business visa. What is the best way to get there (cheapest)?

Also, has it been confirmed that they will do the 10 day processing without registration for American citizens? I contacted the embassy in Antalia and they said they wouldn't do that. Has anybody actually done this in Kiev recently?

Thanks

nicklcool
11-03-2008, 10:33
Dougle,

I did the Kiev 10 business day deal back in December, after the Oct law change, and I'm an American citizen, so yes, this is possible. At that point though it was actually a risk to go to Kiev, as though we were at the mercy of the bureaucrats to make an exception to the new visa law for us, but now it is the actual policy that US citizens may get their visa at any consulate, provided they wait the 7-10 days.

This newsletter from the US Embassy pretty much confirms that last part.

Cheapest option is to bum it Platzkart on an overnight train from Kievskii to Kiev; you'll get in early AM and in Dec. the cost was about $40 each way.

Still, you might want to consider shelling out to pay to go to London and do it in a day, cause the $$ you'll lose in wages for those two weeks should more than balance out the added travel costs.

Also if you've got time I'd strongly recommend finding a company that can give you a work permit/visa for a year, cause you'll get sick and tired of these visa runs every 3 months VERY quickly, esp if you've got a Russian S.O. you'll be w/out for those 10 or so days. Whatever you decide, good luck.

sparkyal
11-03-2008, 19:08
Ok, sorry, but i would like some details about your trip to Visa Linc....can they supply the LOI for a 3 month business visa? Is this what you had to do? IO understand that firs they did the registration for you, but after that you need al of the visa stuff, can they do all of that too?

Bels
11-03-2008, 19:29
I'm afraid not read this Russian Consulate (http://www.rusemblon.org/logon_en.htm)

A special application form for Americans in London. They no longer provide sameday visa application service for four countries, Isreal, Turkmenistan, USA and Australia. The process waiting time for your a visa will take 10-14 days wait for citizens of these countries. Any other countrie will be able to have a sameday visa application service. It wouldn't surprise me that this is based on an international law.

Dougle,

I did the Kiev 10 business day deal back in December, after the Oct law change, and I'm an American citizen, so yes, this is possible. At that point though it was actually a risk to go to Kiev, as though we were at the mercy of the bureaucrats to make an exception to the new visa law for us, but now it is the actual policy that US citizens may get their visa at any consulate, provided they wait the 7-10 days.

This newsletter from the US Embassy pretty much confirms that last part.

Cheapest option is to bum it Platzkart on an overnight train from Kievskii to Kiev; you'll get in early AM and in Dec. the cost was about $40 each way.

Still, you might want to consider shelling out to pay to go to London and do it in a day, cause the $$ you'll lose in wages for those two weeks should more than balance out the added travel costs.

Also if you've got time I'd strongly recommend finding a company that can give you a work permit/visa for a year, cause you'll get sick and tired of these visa runs every 3 months VERY quickly, esp if you've got a Russian S.O. you'll be w/out for those 10 or so days. Whatever you decide, good luck.

Rustralian
12-03-2008, 00:38
I'm afraid not read this Russian Consulate (http://www.rusemblon.org/logon_en.htm)

A special application form for Americans in London. They no longer provide sameday visa application service for four countries, Isreal, Turkmenistan, USA and Australia. The process waiting time for your a visa will take 10-14 days wait for citizens of these countries. Any other countrie will be able to have a sameday visa application service. It wouldn't surprise me that this is based on an international law.

The Embassy doesn't actually refuse to provide same day processing for citizens of those 4 countries, just citizens of those 4 countries that do NOT have a residency permit in the UK. There is a difference as many Australians, in particular, have a 'right of abode' in the UK, which is a permit to live in the UK.

kapione
12-03-2008, 09:10
please tell me which Russian embassy in which country issue Business Visas the same day ? please private message me

Bels
12-03-2008, 11:16
If it's an international law, then none. If laws apply to different embassies in different countries then I'm wrong. Please let us know here as well as a pm to kapione, because I think this information is of publc interest.

Bels
12-03-2008, 11:21
The Embassy doesn't actually refuse to provide same day processing for citizens of those 4 countries, just citizens of those 4 countries that do NOT have a residency permit in the UK. There is a difference as many Australians, in particular, have a 'right of abode' in the UK, which is a permit to live in the UK.

Is this an automatic right of abode, or is there an application to check that you can prove that you can live there without claiming state benefit, such as a spouse visa application must prove this.

Bels
12-03-2008, 11:24
And let's not forget the new tougher immigration laws for UK, similar now to Australian laws. They are even thinking of how to reduce the number of immigrants coming from the EU, as they have a big problem of having 285,000 immigrants entering the country each year.

nicklcool
13-03-2008, 09:46

Yikes, Bels; this has me worried as well. The sentence he's referring to, for those of you too lazy too click on the link :11157:, is:

"Citizens of Australia, Israel, Turkmenistan and USA cannot apply for the same day visas unless they have a residence permit in the UK. The visa processing timefor these citizens will take from 10 to 14 days "

But see, this is strange, because the US consular update that I attached in my last post says that Americans CAN get same day processing in London hassle-free, and that in other nearby countries, such as the Ukraine, a residency permit/registration is needed to get fast processing. :groan:

So, are there any Americans sans UK residency permit out there who have gotten one day processing in London post October law change??

Anyway, this is all a big stinky pile of BS, because I'm sure just like my last time in Kiev that if you go to London and wait the 10-14 days, your visa will still have a date of issue of the very same day you turned your docs in! So, our passporrts just sit in a pile, visas in place, while we're made to wait! :thumbdwn:

Seriously, does the US Embassy in Moscow's left foot know what the Russian Embassy in London's right foot is doing?