PDA

View Full Version : Ask a stupid question...

hamski
21-02-2008, 13:44
Right, I don't think tis is possible, but I asked a few different people at the local migration office and got a different answer each time...

I've got 9 months to run on my visa, although I will shortly have to leave Russia because I'm coming up to the end of the first 90 day period. Is it possible for me to go to the Russian embassy in London, get a new three month visa and come back in to Russia on that? Or will they not issue me with another visa while my current one is still valid?

Thanks in advance... :10518:

Judge
21-02-2008, 13:51
I'm not sure if they can give you a new visa(best phone and check),but if they do ,it will cancel out your old visa and you will only have a 3 month visa.

hamski
21-02-2008, 13:56
Thanks Judge - does anyone know if it will cancel out my old one, or make life more difficult for me here in any way?

Also Judge - do you know a decent phone number for the embassy? The only one I could get hold of before cost 2 quid a minute or something, and was just automated :verymad:

Judge
21-02-2008, 14:09
Thanks Judge - does anyone know if it will cancel out my old one, or make life more difficult for me here in any way?

Also Judge - do you know a decent phone number for the embassy? The only one I could get hold of before cost 2 quid a minute or something, and was just automated :verymad:

Yes it will cancel your old one,you can't have two valid visas,that is if they put a new visa in.
Best phone and check.
+44 207-229-8027 or 792-8473

kapione
21-02-2008, 14:23
it is simple : if you never had a 1 year multiple entry business Visa you wont get one without a work permit ...you will be issued a 90 day single entry business Visa , get a legit job get a work permit it will superceed your Visa of any type or duration, and you will not have to leave the country , you can stay the duration of the work permit not the Visa

depending on the Visa type , if you dont have a work permit the rules go wild
you may or may have to go back to your home country to apply for a visa ,you may be issued a Visa that day

the truth is nothing is consistant
private message me and I will give you contact information to confirm all the information you need from the source an Invitation company at Leninski Prospect

Judge
21-02-2008, 14:27
By any chance would that be IntelService on Leninski Prospect.

hamski
21-02-2008, 15:21
Sorry Judge, didn't read your first reply properly! Didn't mean to repeat the question...

Thanks for all the info - I'll give the embassy a call and see what they say!

hamski
22-02-2008, 11:43
Ha ha, just called the Russian embassy in London and they don't seem to know either! They said to call back later when there might be someone who knows better available to speak to...

hamski
22-02-2008, 16:35
Right, found someone to talk to - it appears that you can get a new visa put in your passport to get around the 90/180 law, although your old one gets cancelled.

Judge
23-02-2008, 11:52
Right, found someone to talk to - it appears that you can get a new visa put in your passport to get around the 90/180 law, although your old one gets cancelled.

Nice one...atleast you wont have to leave the country for 3 months.

kapione
24-02-2008, 08:27
this new Visa ruling is especially harsh to UK nationals, if you go to a Russian embassy other than your home country you will be asked to prove residence in the "host" country...Canadians and Americans seem not to be affected .
AGAIN !!!! If you have a 1 year multiple entry business Visa AND YOU DO NOT HAVE A WORK PERMIT , you bought a 90 day business Visa at HIGH COST , you MUST LEAVE AT 90 DAYS AN STAY OUT FOR 90 DAYS, so if anyone read my words ask me if you have any other questions about this ...no one did
so, you as I have said you will not be issued a multiple entry business Visa if you have no work permit, you will not get am multiple entry business Visa if you have never had one issued before

Stop scaring each other , private message me , I will give you a website and a phone number for my host Visa company, they always give good advice and choices , but PEOPLE WITHOUT A WORK PERMIT YOU WILL NEED A 90 DAY SINGLE ENTRY BUSINESS VISA , AND MAKE A RUN TO ANOTHER COUNTRY WITH A RUSSIAN EMBASSY,OR GO TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY

I do summize everyone here on expat is educated ,please read my words and stop scaring each other with bad gossip and scandals,and hijacking threads+posts just waters down the purpose of posts , send private messages for that, keep to the point people , that what was the foundation of EXPAT us expats sticking together ,helping each other in a very different world from ours
oh,I will help anyone who asks , so PM me if you need to

kapione
24-02-2008, 08:30
Yes Judge the company IS IntelService on Leninski Prospect,I dont want to break the rules by posting a phone number or website in open forum.
so I will provide this by PM
good Luck all