PDA

View Full Version : Crimea's Kerch Bridge

Judge
30-01-2015, 12:40
Russia's government will employ a company belonging to Arkady Rotenberg to build a bridge connecting mainland Russia to the Crimean peninsula, which Moscow annexed from Ukraine last year.

A government order, posted on its website on Friday, named Stroigazmontazh (SGM) as the contractor to build the bridge across the Kerch Strait and said the project should be completed no later than December 2018.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/crimea-s-kerch-bridge-to-be-constructed-by-putin-ally-arkady-rotenberg/515150.html

vossy7
30-01-2015, 13:56
A bridge too far......a bridge over troubled waters......a bridge of sighs ......

"Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build bridges even when there are no rivers."
Nikita Khrushchev :10293:

Benedikt
30-01-2015, 13:58
[QUOTE=Judge;1395536]Russia's government will employ a company belonging to Arkady Rotenberg to build a bridge connecting mainland Russia to the Crimean peninsula, which Moscow annexed from Ukraine last year.

Kerch Strait Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cccp army had one built but it was destroyed by ice flows.

Yuri Mikhailovich Lushkov proposed one...

so finally they got it. good for them...

FatAndy
30-01-2015, 14:05
Will see how it goes.

IMHO, after cleaning Ukrainian territory from banderlogs and putting there adequate and loyal govt, it would be better to organise extraterritorial corridor (railway+car road) from Rostov region to the "neck" of Krym.

But I'm uncertain about terms.

PJB
30-01-2015, 22:30
Will see how it goes.

IMHO, after cleaning Ukrainian territory from banderlogs and putting there adequate and loyal govt, it would be better to organise extraterritorial corridor (railway+car road) from Rostov region to the "neck" of Krym.

I believe this is what will happen and has been the plan all along. But I also believe the bridge contract will remain so that Putin's buddy will get his profits. Why else would you give a contract for a bridge to a company that has never built a bridge?

Uncle Wally
30-01-2015, 23:09
I believe this is what will happen and has been the plan all along. But I also believe the bridge contract will remain so that Putin's buddy will get his profits. Why else would you give a contract for a bridge to a company that has never built a bridge?

You really lived in Russia? If it's his friend maybe he gave him a discount? You think too much like an American. Maybe just maybe he'll do a better job because he cares about his friend and Russia, but you would never think about that. Some people do care about more than money. Some people want to do the right thing.

Alan65
30-01-2015, 23:10
Russia's government will employ a company belonging to Arkady Rotenberg to build a bridge connecting mainland Russia to the Crimean peninsula, which Moscow annexed from Ukraine last year.

A government order, posted on its website on Friday, named Stroigazmontazh (SGM) as the contractor to build the bridge across the Kerch Strait and said the project should be completed no later than December 2018.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/crimea-s-kerch-bridge-to-be-constructed-by-putin-ally-arkady-rotenberg/515150.html

Meanwhile aeroport express is being cancelled in vladivostok and ekatrinberg

fenrir
31-01-2015, 00:40
You really lived in Russia? If it's his friend maybe he gave him a discount? You think too much like an American. Maybe just maybe he'll do a better job because he cares about his friend and Russia, but you would never think about that. Some people do care about more than money. Some people want to do the right thing.

How can he do a better job if he hasn't ever built a bridge before? CIA plot maybe? It doesn't have anything to do with the properties he lost in Italy, right? Where's the conspiracy theorist in you when it really counts?

Btw, what happened to the Chinese Putin was fellating not long ago?

Chinese company willing to build Kerch Strait bridge

http://itar-tass.com/en/russia/745214

Nobbynumbnuts
31-01-2015, 02:29

That's a shame. I lived in Vlad for 3 years and been through Ekat a few times, they both really need it...

Tzushima
31-01-2015, 02:45

who are the people who want to do the right thing? Am I reading this correctly, that you are advocating the benefits of nepotism?

Uncle Wally
31-01-2015, 08:48
who are the people who want to do the right thing? Am I reading this correctly, that you are advocating the benefits of nepotism?

No not at all but in these troubled times maybe its better someone builds this bridge as fast as possible and as cheaply as possible. Just because this guy has never built a bridge doesn't mean he can't hire people who have. The just owns the company he's not going to be puttin in rivets.

You know if it wasn't for nepotism American government could not operate. There would be no money for elections.

bydand
31-01-2015, 09:00
No not at all but in these troubled times maybe its better someone builds this bridge as fast as possible and as cheaply as possible.

Exactly;
and charge five times what it cost to build.
Show me a road Rotenberg made thats good.

Tzushima
31-01-2015, 09:05
Just because this guy has never built a bridge doesn't mean he can't hire people who have. The just owns the company he's not going to be puttin in rivets.
why not just pay the guys who are doing it in advance so they can buy the rivets? Why a middleman? Because you trust the management? Because Putin can hold him accountable? Couldn't Putin hold ANYONE in Russia accountable if he chose?

You know if it wasn't for nepotism American government could not operate. There would be no money for elections.

Sure, but there is a difference between relatively transparent cultural nepotism and hiring an old friend because you believe in his altruism and not his experience.

Uncle Wally
31-01-2015, 09:11
why not just pay the guys who are doing it in advance so they can buy the rivets? Why a middleman? Because you trust the management? Because Putin can hold him accountable? Couldn't Putin hold ANYONE in Russia accountable if he chose?

Sure, but there is a difference between relatively transparent cultural nepotism and hiring an old friend because you believe in his altruism and not his experience.

This is the most important bridge in the history of Russia it will be one of the best bridges in the world.

Uncle Wally
31-01-2015, 09:13
Exactly;
and charge five times what it cost to build.
Show me a road Rotenberg made thats good.

I doubt that very much. We are at war no time or money can be wasted.

Tzushima
31-01-2015, 09:24
This is the most important bridge in the history of Russia it will be one of the best bridges in the world.

which would be more a reason not to use someone who's never built one? Are you agreeing with me?

Tzushima
31-01-2015, 09:31
I doubt that very much. We are at war no time or money can be wasted.

I find your dual aspects of total doubt over the West and complete faith in Putin very compelling.

Armoured
31-01-2015, 10:08

This post is just a classic in the ass-licking genre. Have you sent a copy to Rotenbergi & Co?

You know, it's too embarrassing content-wise for even Russian TV, but with some work on the forums, probably worth a ruble or two.

fenrir
31-01-2015, 10:29
it will be one of the best bridges in the world.

And you base this on what?

fenrir
31-01-2015, 10:32
I find your dual aspects of total doubt over the West and complete faith in Putin very compelling.

Wally is easy to understand. He believes Russia can do no wrong and that the US is out to conquer and enslave the world. Btw, did you notice how he said WE are at war. He gave himself away there. The general consensus is that he is paid to post his tripe here.

Tzushima
31-01-2015, 10:43
Wally is easy to understand. He believes Russia can do no wrong and that the US is out to conquer and enslave the world. Btw, did you notice how he said WE are at war. He gave himself away there. The general consensus is that he is paid to post his tripe here.

you know when I realized I liked him though, when I read his story about beating up those dudes in the food court for messing with his girl.

There might be a troll veneer, but there is something of substance under that :D

quincy
31-01-2015, 11:44
Wally is easy to understand. He believes Russia can do no wrong and that the US is out to conquer and enslave the world. .

It has 600 military bases around the world, has several invasions and a multitude of foreign coups to its credit and anyone who disagrees with it is instantly equated with Hitler by the establishment media.

Draw your own conclusions!

quincy
31-01-2015, 11:52
Will see how it goes.

Andy - historically was there ever a "Ukraine" in Dontesk, Lugansk, Kherson.. before the Soviet Union created the current border?

Tzushima
31-01-2015, 11:52
anyone who disagrees with it is instantly equated with Hitler by the establishment media.

your reductionist comment is hilariously ironic to anyone who pays attention to the kremlin line :10806:

fenrir
31-01-2015, 11:55
It has 600 military bases around the world, has several invasions and a multitude of foreign coups to its credit and anyone who disagrees with it is instantly equated with Hitler by the establishment media.

Draw your own conclusions!

You mean all those bases that we pay rent on and have signed agreements with the host countries? Those bases? Who has the US annexed or enslaved recently? Regarding your Hitler comment, look at what Russian media does on a daily basis (as well as some posters on this site).

quincy
31-01-2015, 11:55
your reductionist comment is hilariously ironic to anyone who pays attention to the kremlin line :10806:

So instead of addressing the question you have to take cover in the word "Kremlin" ?

How original!

quincy
31-01-2015, 11:59
You mean all those bases that we pay rent on and have signed agreements with the host countries? Those bases? Who has the US annexed or enslaved recently? Regarding your Hitler comment, look at what Russian media does on a daily basis (as well as some posters on this site).

The "agreements" in many cases are with local elites who don't necessarily represent the people. The US invasion of Vietnam was under the cover of being "invited" by the "South Vietnamese government"

So the "free" US media does exactly the same as the Russian media...you're not far wrong there

Tzushima
31-01-2015, 12:01
So instead of addressing the question you have to take cover in the word "Kremlin" ?

How original!

I said exactly and perfectly what I intended :D I am still marvelling at my own wit

AstarD
31-01-2015, 13:13

Draw your own conclusions!Sounds like CCCP/Russia.

Uncle Wally
31-01-2015, 15:07
Sounds like CCCP/Russia.

Never was like that, lying again huh, no surprise there.

Yaks
31-01-2015, 15:43
Never was like that, lying again huh, no surprise there.

So I didn't sit on the bottom of Cam ranh bay harbour in Vietnam in a sub listening to Russian warships? We also didn't monitor Russia ships from their base in Ethiopia?

"Four years after the fall of Saigon and the unification of North and South Vietnam, Cam Ranh Bay became an important Cold War naval base for the Soviet Pacific Fleet.

In 1979, the Soviet government signed an agreement with Vietnam for a 25-year lease of the base. Cam Ranh Bay was the largest Soviet naval base outside the Soviet Union, allowing it to project increased power in the East Sea.[citation needed] by 1987, they had expanded the base to four times its original size and often made mock attacks in the direction of the Philippines, according to intelligence of the United States Pacific Fleet[citation needed]. Analysts suggested that the Vietnamese side also saw the Soviet presence there as a counterweight against any potential Chinese threat. The Soviet Union and Vietnam officially denied any presence there.[4] However, as early as 1988, then-Soviet foreign minister Eduard Shevardnadze had discussed the possibility of a withdrawal from Cam Ranh Bay, and concrete naval reductions were realised by 1990.[5][6]

The Russian government continued the earlier 25-year arrangement in a 1993 agreement that allowed for the continued use of the base for signal intelligence, primarily on Chinese communications in the South China Sea. By this time, most personnel and naval vessels had been withdrawn, with only technical support for the listening station remaining. As the original 25-year lease was nearing its end, Vietnam demanded $200 million in annual rent for the continued operation of the base. Russia balked at this, and decided to withdraw all personnel. On May 2, 2002, the Russian flag was lowered for the last time. Currently, Vietnamese officials are considering turning the base into a civilian facility, similar to what the Philippines government did with the U.S.' Subic Naval Base."

Alan65
31-01-2015, 16:38
Three pages and no one has posted the Russian bridge joke...come on

bydand
31-01-2015, 18:30
Three pages and no one has posted the Russian bridge joke...come on

Building bridges over rivers that don't exist? That joke?
Its not funny Alan. Its a shame.

Judge
31-01-2015, 22:40
Btw, what happened to the Chinese Putin was fellating not long ago?

Chinese company willing to build Kerch Strait bridge

http://itar-tass.com/en/russia/745214

Give the Chinese a break,they have enough on their plate ,they plan on building 10's of thousands of new flats in Russia,also plan to a build a multi-billion dollar high-speed rail link between Beijing and Moscow,at a cost of $250 billion.
Matt in another thread told us all how the Chinese work, basically they do it lock, stock, and barrel,even bring in their own food. ....so in a way,giving the job to a Russia firm will be good for the local economy and local workers....

Uncle Wally
31-01-2015, 22:56
So I didn't sit on the bottom of Cam ranh bay harbour in Vietnam in a sub listening to Russian warships? We also didn't monitor Russia ships from their base in Ethiopia?

"Four years after the fall of Saigon and the unification of North and South Vietnam, Cam Ranh Bay became an important Cold War naval base for the Soviet Pacific Fleet.

In 1979, the Soviet government signed an agreement with Vietnam for a 25-year lease of the base. Cam Ranh Bay was the largest Soviet naval base outside the Soviet Union, allowing it to project increased power in the East Sea.[citation needed] by 1987, they had expanded the base to four times its original size and often made mock attacks in the direction of the Philippines, according to intelligence of the United States Pacific Fleet[citation needed]. Analysts suggested that the Vietnamese side also saw the Soviet presence there as a counterweight against any potential Chinese threat. The Soviet Union and Vietnam officially denied any presence there.[4] However, as early as 1988, then-Soviet foreign minister Eduard Shevardnadze had discussed the possibility of a withdrawal from Cam Ranh Bay, and concrete naval reductions were realised by 1990.[5][6]

The Russian government continued the earlier 25-year arrangement in a 1993 agreement that allowed for the continued use of the base for signal intelligence, primarily on Chinese communications in the South China Sea. By this time, most personnel and naval vessels had been withdrawn, with only technical support for the listening station remaining. As the original 25-year lease was nearing its end, Vietnam demanded $200 million in annual rent for the continued operation of the base. Russia balked at this, and decided to withdraw all personnel. On May 2, 2002, the Russian flag was lowered for the last time. Currently, Vietnamese officials are considering turning the base into a civilian facility, similar to what the Philippines government did with the U.S.' Subic Naval Base."

I still fail to see how you pointing out one base proves that Russia had 600 bases all over the world. Remember it was America and their false flag operation that got millions of people killed there and 58,000 Americans.

Yaks
31-01-2015, 23:04
I still fail to see how you pointing out one base proves that Russia had 600 bases all over the world. Remember it was America and their false flag operation that got millions of people killed there and 58,000 Americans.

well I don't believe for a second that the US has 600 active military bases around the world either. Are you trying to include consulates and embassies?

Alan65
31-01-2015, 23:13
Will see how it goes.

That is not what Russian railways are thinking

Uncle Wally
31-01-2015, 23:16
well I don't believe for a second that the US has 600 active military bases around the world either. Are you trying to include consulates and embassies?

America has bases in 190 countries. Part of them may be considered NATO bases in Europe.

Alan65
31-01-2015, 23:19
Andy - historically was there ever a "Ukraine" in Dontesk, Lugansk, Kherson.. before the Soviet Union created the current border?

Historically. ..was there ever a Kallingrad.

fenrir
31-01-2015, 23:20
America has bases in 190 countries. Part of them may be considered NATO bases in Europe.

Source?

Judge
31-01-2015, 23:23

That's news to me,any links...

Yaks
31-01-2015, 23:24

I had a look at the so called list. Many are airports(such as in the Marshall islands) that are used by civilian traffic but MAY be used for military. Hardly a military base. And the list I glanced at includes Harold E Holt receiving station in Western Australia. This is an AUSTRALIAN military installation and has 0 US personnel. It does, however, be used to send transmissions to US submarines in the southern ocean-but that is using the resources of an ally, not a US military base. the number of 600 is just cr@p.

Yaks
31-01-2015, 23:28

man you just make stuff up. there are 195 countries in the world, 196 if you include Taiwan. And the US has bases in 190 of them? lol

Alan65
31-01-2015, 23:37
That's news to me,any links...

Here you go

Not Ekatrinberg but Kazan

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/passenger/single-view/view/aeroexpress-to-pull-out-of-vladivostok-and-kazan.html?sword_list%5B%5D=russia&no_cache=1

I would have thought that the company best suited to build the bridge would have been teh one that built the one for the APEC summit.

So much for the push Eastwards.

any way about that joke....

Judge
31-01-2015, 23:52
Here you go

Not Ekatrinberg but Kazan

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/passenger/single-view/view/aeroexpress-to-pull-out-of-vladivostok-and-kazan.html?sword_list%5B%5D=russia&no_cache=1

I would have thought that the company best suited to build the bridge would have been teh one that built the one for the APEC summit.

So much for the push Eastwards.

any way about that joke....

The rail link to the airports have already been built .

From your link...

The Vladivostok airport rail link opened in July 2012 to support the APEC summit, followed by Kazan in May 2013 to serve the Summer Universiade.

Aeroexpress the operator is pulling out and handing over to  local operators cos the local governments owe them money,there will still be a service...

What am I missing here,what joke?

Alan65
01-02-2015, 01:07
The rail link to the airports have already been built .

From your link...

The Vladivostok airport rail link opened in July 2012 to support the APEC summit, followed by Kazan in May 2013 to serve the Summer Universiade.

Aeroexpress the operator is pulling out and handing over to  local operators cos the local governments owe them money,there will still be a service...

What am I missing here,what joke?

Judge,

I assume you are not thick, in a typical infrastructure project 20 % is to build, the remaining 80% is operational costs over the life span of the Infrastructure ...RZD are bailing out, this is happening across the regions.

Russia now needs private operators ....like Arriva etc

Now that joke

Judge
01-02-2015, 08:50
Judge,

I assume you are not thick, in a typical infrastructure project 20 % is to build, the remaining 80% is operational costs over the life span of the Infrastructure ...RZD are bailing out, this is happening across the regions.

Russia now needs private operators ....like Arriva etc

Now that joke

Your OP was,
"Meanwhile aeroport express is being cancelled in vladivostok and ekatrinberg"

Just the operator is leaving and handing over to local rail carriers,they will probably still be airport express service but not run by Aeroexpress.

now I see the joke,
Arriva ,a joke of a company,they can't even run a transport system in a small country like Malta,it was pure comedy ,can only imagine the shambles they will leave behind in vladivostok.

Running a train service is one thing that Russians do very well ,I am not sure which trains you have been on besides the airport trains,but trains service here is run very well,no strikes,no crazy price hikes,arrive on time and so on...

Russia doesn't need private foreign companies to run its transport systems..

FatAndy
01-02-2015, 12:19
I also believe the bridge contract will remain so that Putin's buddy will get his profits.
Not only for profits, but to make second connection to Kuban' region and Rostov. It will be good and correct in both logistical/supply and security senses. Btw, it's pretty clear for anyone who ever built or designed datacenters, nuclear/chemical plants or other strategical objects. ;) But you may continue to read so called independent reputable Western media, they always know The TruthЪ! :D

Why else would you give a contract for a bridge to a company that has never built a bridge?
To let them practice.:)

That is not what Russian railways are thinking
Do you read their thoughts? :)

FatAndy
02-02-2015, 11:47
I lived in Vlad for 3 years and been through Ekat a few times, they both really need it...
Vlad - maybe, up to you, I didn't visit it yet. E-burg has no sharp need, they have enough car roads bandwidth (built in 2009-2011). Wider choice is good, anyway.

Fantastika
07-02-2015, 13:35

There's no nepotism in the US, well, maybe...Bill Clinton's wife, George Bush the First's son, George Bush the Second's brother Jeb Bush, etc.

What happened to Joe Bite-Me's son, with his "investment" in the fracking of East Ukraine? The "Bite-me's" have been Senators from Delaware for the past century. Maybe Hunter Biden will open a cocaine & shaurma stand in Dnepropetrovsk.

Fantastika
12-05-2016, 14:21
Putin says Crimea now free of reliance on Kiev for its power

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-crimea-power-idUSKCN0Y21K5

In November last year, Crimea was plunged into darkness when unidentified individuals blew up the power lines through which the peninsula received the bulk of its power from the Ukrainian grid. Kiev denied responsibility for the sabotage.

Kiev was quick to make repairs - NOT!

FatAndy
12-05-2016, 15:03
One more victory of banderlogs over themselves and common sense. Insha alla...
4 threads of energy bridge are in operation, plus 4 power stations are being constructed - 2 in Krym, 2 in Kuban'.

TheInterocitor
12-02-2017, 15:55
(There are 2 forum threads about Kerch Bridge, this is original one.)

Cosmonaut Oleg Novitsky photographed the construction of the Crimean Bridge across the Kerch Strait from the International Space Station and published the photo on his Instagram page:

https://sputniknews.com/society/201702111050583886-crimean-bridge-seen-from-space/

Many comments about life in Crimea - here's one of the longer ones:

kНеделю нахожусь в Крыму я по работе. Люди очень добродушные и практические не видел таких кто был против России,наоборот рады этому. Ещё ощущение у меня сложилось будто бы я попал в 90ые года в Россию. Дороги ужасные убитые которые с советских времён не ремонтировались, так же и пляжи. Дома так же без ремонта с союзных времён старые не ухоженные. Со слов местных с присоединением что-то начали делать потихоньку и это самый большой плюс. Крым больше всех налогов перечисляла в Киев,а в ответ они получали комбинацию из трёх пальцев. Ещё люди ждут открыти моста этого с надеждой на то что цены стабилизируются. А так в магазинах есть всё но немного дорого чем например у меня дома в Осетии. В общем массовый патриотизм здесь к России и это факт.

TolkoRaz
12-02-2017, 16:22
Given that the Kerch Bridge links 2 Russian territories, I think it is a Russian Bridge, not only a Krimean bridge! ;)

Uncle Wally
12-02-2017, 18:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwlogyj7nFE

FatAndy
14-02-2017, 03:47
(There are 2 forum threads about Kerch Bridge, this is original one.)

Cosmonaut Oleg Novitsky photographed the construction of the Crimean Bridge across the Kerch Strait from the International Space Station and published the photo on his Instagram page:

Rendered in Mosfilm cinema studio, judging by shadows...

TheInterocitor
14-02-2017, 08:55
Rendered in Mosfilm cinema studio, judging by shadows...

I put a contrast on it, the original is murky.

TheInterocitor
07-05-2017, 16:39
WW2-fighter-plane-curtiss-p-40-warhawk-kerch-strait (https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3498590/ww2-fighter-plane-curtiss-p-40-warhawk-kerch-strait/)

korotky
07-05-2017, 18:11
Given that the Kerch Bridge links 2 Russian territories, I think it is a Russian Bridge, not only a Krimean bridge! ;)

Тolko, I'm sorry but we... my family at least... have no need in Сrimea and this bridge.

When Сrimea was Ukrainian territory, we could go to there... to Crimea's health resorts.

Now we can't. It costs more than in those times.

korotky
07-05-2017, 18:16
So this inclusion Crimea to Russia... makes only Russian nationalists to be glad... :))))

And what the hell they need this Crimea... I don't know !

(maybe RT journalists are in such delight that they are paid for this... I don't believe in their sincerity )

FatAndy
07-05-2017, 19:25
Because you're not authorized to, comrade ;)

I put a contrast on it, the original is murky.
It was done intentionally. :)

TheInterocitor
08-05-2017, 03:21
So this inclusion Crimea to Russia... makes only Russian nationalists to be glad... :))))

(maybe RT journalists are in such delight that they are paid for this... I don't believe in their sincerity )

They need the bridge because the US-Puppets in Kiev cut off the water, cut off the electric, cut off the gas, cut off the food. It's a matter of survival.

Russland wanted to keep Crimea, the alternative was to give the rather warlike NATO the biggest plum in the Black Sea - the naval base in Sevastopol.

vossy7
08-05-2017, 05:24
Whatever became of Nobbynumbnuts?

Judge
08-05-2017, 06:20
Whatever became of Nobbynumbnuts?

Last I remember, he left the site in a huff cos of an argument ( with me) did not go his way...He's probably still sulking cos his beloved Cameron (over this we were discussing) lost his job and the UK is leaving the UK.

Judge
08-05-2017, 06:25

A warm water naval port for a start, which Russia obviously lacks..

I've just returned from Crimea, and it does really hit home after seeing the place reason why it means so much to both sides, it really is a beautiful place, the countryside, mountains, plateaus​ are stunning..

vossy7
08-05-2017, 06:38
A warm water naval port for a start, which Russia obviously lacks..

Was it the Black Sea James Joyce wrote his famous quote about ......"the scroutum tightening sea" ......warm water my arse:winking:

Judge
08-05-2017, 06:45
Was it the Black Sea James Joyce wrote his famous quote about ......"the scroutum tightening sea" ......warm water my arse:winking:

Other day, one lonely brave woman was swimming from the Yalta pebbled beach, good enough for her, good enough to float a few Russia navy ships all year round.. and have access to the Med, in a way,similar reason why the UK won't give up Gibraltar..

TheInterocitor
08-05-2017, 07:28

I really like the pebbled beach...NOT

If they could somehow change it to sand, I bet the tourism numbers would go through the roof...

TheInterocitor
08-05-2017, 07:30
Last I remember, he left the site in a huff cos of an argument ( with me) did not go his way...He's probably still sulking cos his beloved Cameron (over this we were discussing) lost his job and the UK is leaving the UK.

I thought he left because of an argument with me...

He's not the kind to sulk, he keeps popping up, like whack-a mole! :)

Judge
08-05-2017, 07:42
I thought he left because of an argument with me...

He's not the kind to sulk, he keeps popping up, like whack-a mole! :)

See his last posts here, he got worked up over the Panama papers,
http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?671500-As-if-we-did-n-t-know-already-Revealed-the-2bn-offshore-trail-that-leads-to-Vladimir-Putin&p=1445602&highlight=#post1445602

Nobs is your old fashioned expat, who lives in a country thinking he knows what's best for the locals and how the country should be run, it's a British wannabe snob thing..

FatAndy
08-05-2017, 18:07
Somewhat "professor" of Kiev-Mogilyanskaya academy (though having Western name/surname) has wrote the give-up article:
https://www.kyivpost.com/article/opinion/op-ed/andreas-umland-kremlins-kerch-challenge.html

L'alla as sayah... :rasta:

korotky
08-05-2017, 21:04
They need the bridge because the US-Puppets in Kiev cut off the water, cut off the electric, cut off the gas, cut off the food. It's a matter of survival.

Russland wanted to keep Crimea, the alternative was to give the rather warlike NATO the biggest plum in the Black Sea - the naval base in Sevastopol.

TheInterocitor, even if it's so..., why should it bother me ?

What will I and my family lose if NATO would have the military base on Black Sea ? I don't how to explain it to you...

When Putin and his team compete with western political elite, ordinary Russian are only to lose money, work places, good European foodstuff.

So this new confrontation... alike cold war... is silly and dangerous game from my point of view.

Especially in our nuclear era.

vossy7
08-05-2017, 21:33
Actually , we are thinking of buying a small property in Krim.....crazy or not ?:silly:

Judge
08-05-2017, 22:13
Actually , we are thinking of buying a small property in Krim.....crazy or not ?:silly:

Lots of properties for sale around Yalta,no idea about prices....It's a stunning place is Yalta, big mountain range at back with many fancy villas dotted all up the hills,kinda like Lake Como ...
There are many other places, Sudak,alushta,novi svet which is a nice small place,these are touristy places though...You could go inland, near a mountain range, to get away from it all...I was telling my better half, it's a nice place to retire to, cos of the weather..
If it was me buying, I'd stay near the sea....

TheInterocitor
09-05-2017, 00:50

Property is always good investment. Now that Kiev is not in charge, doing business in Krim is a bit more ethical...:)

TheInterocitor
09-05-2017, 08:31
Somewhat "professor" of Kiev-Mogilyanskaya academy (though having Western name/surname) has wrote the give-up article:
https://www.kyivpost.com/article/opinion/op-ed/andreas-umland-kremlins-kerch-challenge.html

L'alla as sayah... :rasta:

"L'alla as sayah" draws a puzzled frown from Google translator...

The somewhat Professor is extolling the glories of feminism in revolutionary movements...:)

Andreas Umland, or Andy Dumb-land, or whoever he is, the Prof has been locked up in his ivory carrel in the deep catacombs of the university library for far too long..."Help! Let me out!"

Journal-Soviet-Post-Soviet-Politics-Society-ebook/dp/B01FPZ7SAO (https://www.amazon.com/Journal-Soviet-Post-Soviet-Politics-Society-ebook/dp/B01FPZ7SAO)

He seems to disapprove of Aryan Nazi's, but esteems the virtues of Femi-nazi's.

Maybe he thinks in 2017, Pussy Riot will lead the revolution, instead of a white male, as in 1917. "Viva Gender Equality in Revolutions!"

korotky
09-05-2017, 19:06
He seems to disapprove of Aryan Nazi's, but esteems the virtues of Femi-nazi's.

It's absolutely false statement.

:)))

We need strong feminine movement.

http://scd.ru.rfi.fr/sites/russian.filesrfi/imagecache/rfi_16x9_1024_578/sites/images.rfi.fr/files/aef_image/VF4v1cu8hr.jpg

http://www.dw.com/image/37696655_304.jpg

TheInterocitor
10-05-2017, 00:58
It's absolutely false statement.

:)))

We need strong feminine movement.

I'll just quote Rush:

"Feminism Was Established So As To Allow Unattractive Women Easier Access To The Mainstream Of Pop Culture" :)

korotky
10-05-2017, 01:21
I'll just quote Rush:

"Feminism Was Established So As To Allow Unattractive Women Easier Access To The Mainstream Of Pop Culture" :)

As we all can see on the photos I posted... Activists of "Femen" are attractive enough... and even sexy. :)))))))))

http://files.newsnetz.ch/story/1/3/7/13701785/teaserbreitgross.jpg

TheInterocitor
10-05-2017, 06:48
As we all can see on the photos I posted... Activists of "Femen" are attractive enough... and even sexy. :)))))))))

Thanks, Gennady, now I'll have nightmares...

Is that girl with Der Fuerher mustache going to steal your heart, or steal your money?

vossy7
10-05-2017, 11:17
Is this what you get when you Google hairy women?

TolkoRaz
10-05-2017, 17:25

You are a sick man! ;)

Uncle Wally
10-05-2017, 18:25
You are a sick man! ;)

That's what we like about him.

korotky
11-05-2017, 03:26
Thanks, Gennady, now I'll have nightmares...

Is that girl with Der Fuerher mustache going to steal your heart, or steal your money?

I don't know what you're talking about... These young women are athletic enough... and it looks... that they are doing a good fitness daily.

Their drawn Hitler mustaches you can wipe out if they bother you...

TheInterocitor
11-05-2017, 07:49
I don't know what you're talking about... These young women are athletic enough... and it looks... that they are doing a good fitness daily.

Their drawn Hitler mustaches you can wipe out if they bother you...

When will you sleep? :sleepy: After you drink a beer with "date-rape" drug in it. :sleeping: Then she will steal your I-phone, your notebook, your jewels and money, your gun, your naivety and even your dog. :sleeping2:

Then she will go outside (with your keys), close the door and lock it, so you can't open it from the inside, to give herself time to get away and chuckle with her femi-nazi Freundinnen about what a putz you were. When you wake up, you will have a pulsating headache as if Uncle Wally is using your head for a snare drum, and you are wondering what happened to that vision of beauty :girl: that you promised to marry last night. Since you don't have your I-phone now, how will anyone know you are locked inside?

It's okay if you live on the first floor or the second floor, you can climb out the window, but what if your flat is on the 6th floor? ... :thinking:

korotky
12-05-2017, 19:53
After you drink a beer with "date-rape" drug in it. :sleeping: Then she will steal your I-phone, your notebook, your jewels and money, your gun, your naivety and even your dog. :sleeping2:

Then she will go outside (with your keys), close the door and lock it, so you can't open it from the inside, to give herself time to get away and chuckle with her femi-nazi Freundinnen about what a putz you were.

:))) I never met this kind of feministesses... really.

It seems that you mistook some Russian prostitute for a feminist.

And now you have hatred to all innocent them.

Poor guy... :))

korotky
12-05-2017, 19:56
Never mind... You will meet a good feminist-girl in the Future.

May be.

TheInterocitor
12-05-2017, 20:26
:))) I never met this kind of feministesses... really.

It seems that you mistook some Russian prostitute for a feminist.

And now you have hatred to all innocent them.

Poor guy... :))

Spasibo for false conclusion, bogus generalization & crocodile tears :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEMAgO-3cGs

FatAndy
12-05-2017, 20:27
"L'alla as sayah" draws a puzzled frown from Google translator...
Allah is fair.

TheInterocitor
12-05-2017, 20:34
Allah is fair.

Can you expand on that?

Fairness as defined in 2017 has many different connotations.

That everyone pays the same price for a liter of gasoline seems "fair." Or is it? Shouldn't rich people pay twice as much for a liter than poor people? That seems "fair."

Is Allah a socialist? :)

TheInterocitor
12-05-2017, 21:51

May be.

Seriously, you do know that Planned Parenthood, the child of organized feminism, was established so as to "diminish" some races?

Abortion was proposed, in the early days of feminism, as a method to reduce the number of "negroes" and people of other "undesirable" races. This method of "population control" was called "eugenics."

Nowadays, of course, the feminists disclaim their own heritage; they claim that "abortion" is only a matter of a "woman's right to privacy" and nothing to do with "eugenics".

FatAndy
13-05-2017, 08:41
Can you expand on that?

Fairness as defined in 2017 has many different connotations.

That everyone pays the same price for a liter of gasoline seems "fair." Or is it? Shouldn't rich people pay twice as much for a liter than poor people? That seems "fair."

Is Allah a socialist? :)
Allah is a socialist slowly evolutioning into a communist, I guess. ;)

May be.
Very low probability. Looks like Fanty wants to ban them :)

TheInterocitor
13-05-2017, 09:22
Allah is a socialist slowly evolutioning into a communist, I guess. ;)

korotky View Post
May be.
Very low probability. Looks like Fanty wants to ban them :)

I only want to ban "land whales." :) (I would post sample pictures from the local Walmart, but I don't want to give anyone erotic nightmares) :)

korotky
19-05-2017, 17:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_2qNABaZOE

TheInterocitor
29-07-2017, 09:49
The Крымский мост will be the longest bridge in Europe. It will even bypass the Vasco da Gama Bridge in Portugal (17.2 km).

The structure will be illuminated at night in colors, by lights. The road arch will be blue, the railway arch red, while other parts white.

Very nice of Russia to illuminate the bridge in the colors of the American flag!

Judge
29-07-2017, 12:04
Of course, it's a big thank you to Uncle Sam for letting Russia keep Crimea....
Maybe they could add a few stars....

TolkoRaz
29-07-2017, 19:23
On the otherside of the Globe, the 50 Kms Hong Kong - Zuhai - Macau roadbridge (and tunnel) crossing the Lingdingyang Channel will soon open.................... the longest individual bridge link will be approximately 30 Kms long.

Work started at the end of 2009 - Although slightly behind schedule, they have done well to deliver a huge project almost on time...

TolkoRaz
29-07-2017, 19:25
Of course, it's a big thank you to Uncle Sam for letting Russia keep Crimea....

It could not have been achieved without Obama being at the helm! ;)

TheInterocitor
10-10-2017, 18:02
https://www.casino.org/news/crimea-moves-closer-to-approving-casino-resort-plans

Putting some world-class casinos there could be key to opening up Crimea and attracting tourists from East and West.

One obvious Hotel-Gaming player is, unfortunately, in the White House and can't participate, else we could see media marionettes go berserk - bing, bing, bing, they're bouncing off the wall!

TheInterocitor
09-03-2018, 05:59
https://femern.com/en/Tunnel/Facts-on-the-tunnel/An-immersed-tunnel

The Germans really know how to build a bridge...just put it underwater. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=99&v=30RECLGlTOg

Benedikt
09-03-2018, 09:54
The Germans really know how to build a bridge...just put it underwater. :)

there is a video around that shows how it was done. on a smaller scale first. under a channel-river, a drawbridge over it. and traffic that just could not cope anymore. bridge was closed to often to let ships pass on the water. and a higher bridge was no option, because there was no space or place to put on and off ramps that could not built to steep. so they decided to build a - bridge- under the water. exactly as it was described in the FX version here. clever indeed.

TheInterocitor
30-04-2018, 03:14
You missed the special offers to our celestial neighbors? Too late now. It was a one-day only, special offer! :)

An incredible improvement over the old airport, where I slept alone in the terminal one night, and when leaving from Krim, one old baggage handler was chasing me, demanding "двадцать гривна!" "двадцать гривна!" :)

https://www.rt.com/business/424366-crimea-airport-new-terminal/

And next month, the Kerch Bridge opens.

TheInterocitor
30-04-2018, 20:53
Kerch bridge from Russia to Crimea opening soon.
New airport in Simferopol.
How about a ferry from Krim to Bulgaria?

http://tass.com/economy/1001080

Gazprom is closing the pipelines next year...

:floating:
Will Україна disappear?
:10168:

FatAndy
30-04-2018, 22:44
How about a ferry from Krim to Bulgaria?
Bulgaria is EU "member". No chance.

Will Україна disappear?
Seems yes, but not immediately. Damned communists have invested too much in Ukrainian SSR, still something to steal.

quincy
01-05-2018, 13:16
Bulgaria is EU "member". No chance.

Did they have a referendum in Bulgaria before joining the EU and NATO? Many ordinary Bulgarians have pro-Russian views

FatAndy
01-05-2018, 14:22
Many ordinary Bulgarians have pro-Russian views
And? Only opinion of elite has the value.

TheInterocitor
01-05-2018, 17:16
Did they have a referendum in Bulgaria before joining the EU and NATO? Many ordinary Bulgarians have pro-Russian views

I think there was only one country where the government ever allowed a vote for the people to vote on whether to be in the EU of not. England. Netherlands almost did, once.

Judge
15-05-2018, 12:39
Bridge to open today ,for cars, this is another (Yamal LNG plant ) massive Russian project that's ahead of schedule , goes to show such massive projects can be done on-time.

The bridge across the Kerch Strait, which will connect the Crimean Peninsula and Krasnodar Region is set to open on Tuesday.
Construction of the bridge, the longest in Russia with a span of 19 kilometers, has been carried out since February 2016, and it is opening for cars more than half a year ahead of schedule.

https://www.rt.com/business/426703-crimea-bridge-opening-russia/

FatAndy
15-05-2018, 17:20
Bridge to open today ,for cars, this is another (Yamal LNG plant ) massive Russian project that's ahead of schedule , goes to show such massive projects can be done on-time.

Text: dunno who's the guy, but Putin works as a driver for him
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdPJV7xX0AASwPz.png

TheInterocitor
15-05-2018, 18:12
Anybody driving across the bridge, please leave a post. Wonder how much a taxi would cost from one side to the other? :) I love bridges.

Judge
15-05-2018, 18:31
Anybody driving across the bridge, please leave a post. Wonder how much a taxi would cost from one side to the other? :) I love bridges.

I'd prefer to take the train ,longish drive from Moscow, was told return trip is about 20000ru on petrol.
Flew down the other week, the new airport looks impressive, massive green wall greets you inside, all in all a good modern efficient airport.

Alan65
15-05-2018, 22:38

Whilst no doubt impressive from an engineering perspective without the political scenario would there ever have been a business case for this project, I can not see rail ever being incorporated, rail is another ball game to cars alone, it is not exactly joining up two Russian metropolises e.g.Moscow - STB, Moscow - Kazan etc, Russia does not yet have a dedicated High Speed Rail link despite all of the bluster and promises that all cities would be connected for the World Cup in 2018.

Hans.KK
15-05-2018, 23:09
I can not see rail ever being incorporatedIsn't there a separate rail road bridge just beside the bridge?

FatAndy
16-05-2018, 10:21
I can not see rail ever being incorporated
Later on, Dec 2019, according to schedule http://tass.ru/ekonomika/5202168/amp

Alan65
16-05-2018, 10:43
Isn't there a separate rail road bridge just beside the bridge?

Normally the provision for rail will be beneath the bridge deck itself #

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=1ufHo2Hg&id=296BC355F1751E213CFD096AE3DA32CFA4504039&thid=OIP.1ufHo2HgvDT4IuWSbjrTZgHaE-&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.highestbridges.com%2fwiki%2fimages%2f7%2f73%2fMalingheTruss-3CrossSec.jpg&exph=345&expw=514&q=tring+ma+bridge+cross+section&simid=608029142174468419&selectedIndex=8&ajaxhist=0

Hans.KK
16-05-2018, 12:20
Normally the provision for rail will be beneath the bridge deck itself #

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=1ufHo2Hg&id=296BC355F1751E213CFD096AE3DA32CFA4504039&thid=OIP.1ufHo2HgvDT4IuWSbjrTZgHaE-&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.highestbridges.com%2fwiki%2fimages%2f7%2f73%2fMalingheTruss-3CrossSec.jpg&exph=345&expw=514&q=tring+ma+bridge+cross+section&simid=608029142174468419&selectedIndex=8&ajaxhist=0That is an option, where I am from we put cars on the bridge and then dig a tunnel for the trains.

But from pictures for the site it looks like the trains will be on a separate bridge beside the one for cars.

FatAndy
16-05-2018, 13:09
Wonder how much a taxi would cost from one side to the other? :) I love bridges.
https://krym24taxi.ru

Normally the provision for rail will be beneath the bridge deck itself
Didn't you hear Russia always goes its own way? :verycool:

TheInterocitor
16-05-2018, 16:24
https://krym24taxi.ru

The taxi will take you from KUF airport, to say, Малореченское, for 1550 rubles? That's an hour-long or more trip. How does taxi driver or company make any profit? :)

Hans.KK
16-05-2018, 16:29
The taxi will take you from KUF airport, to say, Малореченское, for 1550 rubles? That's an hour-long or more trip. How does taxi driver or company make any profit? :)Good question, but after Uber / Yandex Taxi / what-ever-name these "new style / internet" taxi may have, price on taxi had gone down a lot, two years ago I payed some 4-600 for my standard trip around 18-20 km, today 300-350, but the "tarif" price is 240-260.

FatAndy
16-05-2018, 18:50
The taxi will take you from KUF airport, to say, Малореченское, for 1550 rubles? That's an hour-long or more trip. How does taxi driver or company make any profit? :)
SIP, not KUF. :)

Benedikt
18-05-2018, 01:50
https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russia-opens-terror-probe-into-us-journalists-call-airstrikes-on-crimea-bridge-61485
sick in his brain the scribbler. But of course he would be there to get a -world exclusive- on the event. not that it ever will happen. so, let him rant on...

TheInterocitor
18-05-2018, 07:38
SIP, not KUF. :)

Trying to remember all those airport codes is impossibles - SIP, KUF, SGF, MCI (where the locals insist on calling it "KCI"), SVO,...

Just be sure not to give the ticket agent the wrong code... then you will wonder where you are when you get off the plane... :)

TheInterocitor
18-05-2018, 07:46
https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russia-opens-terror-probe-into-us-journalists-call-airstrikes-on-crimea-bridge-61485
sick in his brain the scribbler. But of course he would be there to get a -world exclusive- on the event. not that it ever will happen. so, let him rant on...

I read that article. I can't what an idiot Tom Rogan is. He has the brains of a turnip.

Of course they do not allow comments on this article or on Washington Examiner original article. They would be pilloried.

Washington Examiner is great on domestic issues, but like most media outlets is deranged when it comes to Russia.

FatAndy
18-05-2018, 10:20
then you will wonder where you are when you get off the plane... :)
Shakhid-taxi with Tajik driver will carry you to proper destination. The only need is to show him the way. :D

Judge
18-05-2018, 10:43
Shakhid-taxi with Tajik driver will carry you to proper destination. The only need is to show him the way. :D

Take a Garmin hiking GLONASS works well in Krim.:smile:

FatAndy
18-05-2018, 13:26
http://airspot.ru/catalogue/airports/iata
IATA airport codes, RF and worldwide.

Alan65
18-05-2018, 17:44

Why when Pulkovo which is still LED is Volgorad not something resembling Stalingrad

FatAndy
18-05-2018, 18:50
Why when Pulkovo which is still LED is Volgorad not something resembling Stalingrad
Because. :)
Civil airport in Volgograd (Gumrak) was built yet in 1952, when the city still was Stalingrad. But ICAO/IATA registration was done when it already became Volgograd, so VOG.

Not only Pulkovo has older Soviet abb, Kol'tsovo by Yekaterinburg is still SVX (Sverdlovsk), and Strigino by Nizhny Novgorod is GOJ (Gor'ky).

I read that article. I can't what an idiot Tom Rogan is. He has the brains of a turnip.
For journalists it's usual.

TheInterocitor
18-05-2018, 19:30

But, after (26 x 26 x 26) airports, they will run out of codes...

TheInterocitor
18-05-2018, 19:35
Civil airport in Volgograd (Gumrak) was built yet in 1952, when the city still was Stalingrad. But ICAO/IATA registration was done when it already became Volgograd, so VOG.

Not only Pulkovo has older Soviet abb, Kol'tsovo by Yekaterinburg is still SVX (Sverdlovsk), and Strigino by Nizhny Novgorod is GOJ (Gor'ky).

I always respect Washington Examiner, they have integrity, honesty, expose corruption and always dig deep for the facts, and one of a handful of media outlets that is Trump-friendly.

But with this story, they have blown their credibility sky-high, and now Rogan has doubled down.

Gonna have to write the editor. Rogan needs vacation in Alaska to cool down...

TheInterocitor
22-05-2018, 16:38
Police are passing out tickets for stopping at the top of the bridge and taking selfies...

http://www.pravdareport.com/news/society/stories/21-05-2018/140978-crimea_bridge-0/?utm_referrer=last_news_list

They should have built a "pullover place" at the top for people to stop, get out and look. I know it's expensive and requires more engineering, just sayin'...

They could have an international marathon there, like in New York, where they have the New York City Marathon, where the runners start out over the Verrazano Bridge. In Tampa, we have the Gasparilla race, 15k, along the sea.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/f-bridge-a-20160610-870x580.jpg

TheInterocitor
24-05-2018, 00:26
Does the bridge have a name? In the US, every bridge longer than 50 meters has some bureaucrat's name on it.

Any ideas? "Prosperity Bridge"? :)

Have a national lottery, 100 rubles a ticket, and draw a winner. The person who wins gets to have his name on it? :) Runners-up get the highways named after them.

TheInterocitor
24-05-2018, 00:31

We are already calling it "legacy journalism" in the US - TV and newspapers. As if (legacy) the media is part of our past history.

FatAndy
24-05-2018, 09:19
Does the bridge have a name?
Just Krymsky most, a bit confusing with Krymsky most in Moscow, near Central park by Gorky.