PDA

View Full Version : Registering with FMS by post

kebab
19-02-2008, 17:55
Hi anyone ever registered through the post office. I arrived in Russia at end of January and as I have bought a flat decided to register myself at the post office. Took all my docs filled in the registration form. The woman at the counter stamped the copy of my deeds, passport, migration card, visa, she stamped the tear off bit on the reg document which I got back. The envelope was sent to the FMS at Bolshaya Polyanka.

Anyway the envelope was returned unopened to my local post office a week ago. It had been delivered to the FMS but not opened and they had just sent it back.

As I didn't know what to do I sent it back again. I have a stamp on my registration docs so am legal.

Has this happened to anyone??

Tara2007
19-02-2008, 18:08
Never heard about this, I have only one explanation, may be you sent to the wrong FMS, I sent the registration forms to the local FMS in my District (Moscow, CAO, Khamovniki FMS branch), (B.Polyanka as I know it's the main office, may be they don't accept the regular registration notifications at all?) and never get it back.

kebab
19-02-2008, 18:37
Yeah I thought about that but it was the main post office at Tverskoi who said I needed to send it there. If it comes back I'll phone them up and check. The main thing is I have a stamp on the registration docs.