PDA

View Full Version : Happy St Patrick's Day

Random
17-03-2004, 10:03
May I wish all the Irish people who read this board a Happy Patron Saints Day ......

And anyone else who enjos a Guinness !!

:)

allice
17-03-2004, 10:15
May everyone find his pot of gold :jester:

Hugh Jass
17-03-2004, 10:19
Ditto

jheisel
17-03-2004, 12:19
50R Guinness at Chesterfield's. Mmmmmm, Guinness.

DPG
17-03-2004, 12:35
Sorry to change the thrust of the thread slightly, but why is it that people insist on calling the place Chesterfields??

Do these people also take pleasure in calling Burma Siam, London Londinium, saying that Prague is in Czechoslovakia etc.

Or is it one of those things to show that someone has been here for such a length of time that they are so used to using the former name...if so, so these same people have written on their CV that they work in the USSR??

Grrrrrr! (But not at JH specifically - thoroughly pleasant chap!):)

jheisel
17-03-2004, 12:40
because it makes you feel cool when someone "new school" doesn't know what you're talking about? Also, you just kind of get used to it when every time you get in a cab and say Kurskaya the driver says "Chesterfield?"

DPG
17-03-2004, 12:45
I thought that would be it!! - Pay no attention it's just my growl of the day - I'm having a bad week:(

Might come along for a couple of pints - if you see me, come and say hi (if you remember what I look like!;)) and i'll get get you a couple too!

Braders
17-03-2004, 15:31
I called it Chesterfields for about Two years after the transformation finally the Boarhouse has stuck ;)

I'm off down Silvers for a couple HOPEFULLY!!

Do we actually have any Irish on the boards? (give it ten minutes and Intourist will be on here as Paddy ;) )

Poika
17-03-2004, 17:39
Let's meet there tonight y'all!

Teutonic Deity
17-03-2004, 21:54
hmmm... most place with new names have all been run by the same gentleman

Chesterfield
Moosehead
Pancho Villia (formerly Jose Cuervo)

Hungry Duck is the only surviving one with it's original name