PDA

View Full Version : 70% fewer immigrants to Russia...

Benedikt
08-01-2015, 09:49
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/number-of-migrants-to-russia-drops-70-percent-in-new-year/514117.html

good! and now I want to see THE RUSSIANS man the stalls in the market.
pour concrete and lay bricks at construction sites.
take out the garbage from under the big chutes in their rickety contraptions.
sell fruits and vegetables at the little shops.
sweep the streets and yards.
sit at the tills at Auchan.
or wash the dishes and babysit kids...

Now they have a chance to work. and can NOT complain anymore that the -chorny- take away all their jobs. that they are in every podjest, drinking and crime is ripe....

THAT I WANT TO SEE!

If a Russian will sweep our yard, I take myself a broom and will help!

Russian Lad
08-01-2015, 13:55

Now they have a chance to work. and can NOT complain anymore that the -chorny- take away all their jobs. that they are in every podjest, drinking and crime is ripe....

THAT I WANT TO SEE!

Lol, you seem to hate the Russians. Will you join the street and toilets cleaners if your restaurant goes broke? I bet your restaurant is already losing revenue in this growing toxic business environment. For instance, I have quit going to restaurants altogether, and not because I don't have the money. It is a form of protest.
By the way, don't be flattered too much with these numbers, they lie quite often. I would not be in a hurry to trust this 70% number.

tvadim133
08-01-2015, 14:08
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/number-of-migrants-to-russia-drops-70-percent-in-new-year/514117.html

THAT I WANT TO SEE!

If a Russian will sweep our yard, I take myself a broom and will help!

Unfortunately or fortunately that is a seasonal tendency of lower stream of workers from other countries (in winter there is less business where immigrants are needed. :)

Probably this tendency will be a bit longer than usual now, due to the fact that from the 1 of January, all immigrants can come to Russia in holding international passports (which was not needed for some countries of ex USSR).

there is an exception still for Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Belarus.

Russian Lad
08-01-2015, 14:11
Unfortunately or fortunately that is a seasonal tendency of lower stream of workers from other countries (in winter there is less business where immigrants are needed.

Probably this tendency will be a bit longer than usual now, due to the fact that from the 1 of January, all immigrants can come to Russia in holding international passports (which was not needed for some countries of ex USSR).

It has nothing to do with seasonal tendencies - they are simply afraid of turmoils and crime among their ranks on the backdrop of the ailing Russian economy, hence the stricter labor migration laws. But it remains to be seen what takes the upper hand - their greed and the desire to pay low wages or the security considerations. It is an interesting situation.

Benedikt
08-01-2015, 18:21
Lol, you seem to hate the Russians. Will you join the street and toilets cleaners if your restaurant goes broke? I bet your restaurant is already losing revenue in this growing toxic business environment. For instance, I have quit going to restaurants altogether, and not because I don't have the money. It is a form of protest.
By the way, don't be flattered too much with these numbers, they lie quite often. I would not be in a hurry to trust this 70% number.

not less than the Germans who squeale(ed) about all the immigrants but did not want to work on the conveyors, wash dishes and do in general all the dirty work.

not more than the Austrians who do not like all the Greeks, Italians, Yugoslavs in -their - country, but squeal when one of the restaurants is not open 24/7/365.

and the figures in the article i don't believe anyway. many of the =foreigners-= are laborers on construction. that are either closed down for the long holiday season. or will re-open anyway only when the weather is warmer. in March or April.

On top of it, I only believe in statistics that i faked myself....

indigo111
10-01-2015, 15:58
it is not about lazy russians - it is about corruption by russian authorities and total occupation by tadjik people of all positions, not demanding sufficient qualification. it is totally abnormal that russian students can hardly find a waiter position in a cafe - have you ever been to cafes next to Smolenskaya? tadjiks are selling themselves so cheap, that russians can not compete with them in this situation

Uncle Wally
11-01-2015, 00:49
I just got back to Moscow from Russia and out there I didn't see one "Tajik". The streets were clean but I never saw anyone cleaning them. It seems that people don't throw trash on the ground. Everyone was nice, polite, friendly and happy! Every place we went, hotel, cafe, bars, Burger King even had Russians working and they seem to like their job and do it well. We had the nicest cleaning lady on our floor, who gave us extra tea, coffee and towels, water. This morning we walked in the park and it was full of people skiing and children sledding with big smiles on their faces. Everyone in the city seemed happy �� and friendly.

I keep wondering were this "Russia" is that you all keep talking about?

The one I just left was pretty nice.

Russian Lad
11-01-2015, 01:04
I just got back to Moscow from Russia

That's a good description.

I keep wondering were this "Russia" is that you all keep talking about?

I have just been illegally smoking a regular Marlboro on my balcony, risking a violent arrest and an exorbitant fine just for smoking a cigarette, and I have heard some young people below discussing and bemoaning exorbitant prices at our local groceries store, namely, cheese prices. I personally don't have their problems and can still afford food, but it doesn't mean I remain deaf to their desperate outcries. The russkie narod have begun to suffer. :rolleyes:

Uncle Wally
11-01-2015, 02:56
That's a good description.

I have just been illegally smoking a regular Marlboro on my balcony, risking a violent arrest and an exorbitant fine just for smoking a cigarette, and I have heard some young people below discussing and bemoaning exorbitant prices at our local groceries store, namely, cheese prices. I personally don't have their problems and can still afford food, but it doesn't mean I remain deaf to their desperate outcries. The russkie narod have begun to suffer. :rolleyes:

Well you live it the wrong place buddy. The hotel I was staying at was letting everyone smoke in their rooms, but maybe that's why the maid was so nice to us because we were the only ones going out to smoke. I also smoke at the laundry I go to here in Moscow and some bars but there are pretty up scale so I don't think people would be worried about the fine. I do find if you act like a jerk cops will bust you but if you are respectful and polite they will let you go.

Suuryaa
11-01-2015, 20:37
I just got back to Moscow from Russia and out there I didn't see one "Tajik". Every place we went, hotel, cafe, bars, Burger King even had Russians working and they seem to like their job and do it well.

Exactly so where I live.

Russian Lad
11-01-2015, 21:43
Exactly so where I live.

Are you prepared to suffer for the ideas you have been indoctrinated with by the Russian television? I mean, malnutrition, falling standard of living, maybe even abject poverty. I am asking because Russia is entering this stage (as I said it would a year ago, to the merry laugh of the "patriots" here, wonder why they are not laughing now). Even if yes, why do I need to suffer with you? I neither support these ideas nor do I want to suffer for them with you. Can I obtain financial compensation from you?

Uncle Wally
11-01-2015, 22:25
Are you prepared to suffer for the ideas you have been indoctrinated with by the Russian television? I mean, malnutrition, falling standard of living, maybe even abject poverty. I am asking because Russia is entering this stage (as I said it would a year ago, to the merry laugh of the "patriots" here, wonder why they are not laughing now). Even if yes, why do I need to suffer with you? I neither support these ideas nor do I want to suffer for them with you. Can I obtain financial compensation from you?

Compensation for what?

Why don't you move to Ukraine, you seem to be in love with the country.

Uncle Wally
11-01-2015, 22:25
Exactly so where I live.

You're from Tula?

What a beautiful city and such nice people!

TolkoRaz
11-01-2015, 22:38
You're from Tula?

What a beautiful city and such nice people!

City of the Samovar :)

Uncle Wally
11-01-2015, 22:53
City of the Samovar :)

Yes! And make a few other things there too��

Benedikt
12-01-2015, 08:23
Yes! And make a few other things there too��

they sell them on the road when i go with the bus from Lipetsk to Moscow...

and of course the famous Kalashnikov!:yikes: