PDA

View Full Version : economic situation in russia

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Uncle Wally
30-09-2015, 20:32
You seem to hate Russia and Russians more than anyone else here, you supported everything (from the Russian side) that has led to the dollar costing 65 rubles instead of 30 and to 22 million dirt-poor Russians instead of 12 million, like 2 years ago.
If you read their report (I doubt you did, most likely you just read the headlines, judging by the fact that you are wrong AGAIN - keep reading), they offered the optimistic scenario (58 rubles, not 53) and the pessimistic one, with the dollar costing 67, - by 2017. The same concerns the economic growth. Anyway, since when exactly do you believe what the World Bank says?:) Even I don't believe everything they say, especially when it comes to Russia.

Gee America always beats out Russia! 22 million people living under the poverty line? Ha! America has 47 million people living under the poverty line and tens of millions more close.

FatAndy
30-09-2015, 20:39
:emote_popcorn:

fenrir
30-09-2015, 21:18
Bad news for Russia haters.

The World Bank has said Russia will recover in 2016/2017. Expecting a ruble recovery, as much as 53 rubles to the dollar.

Thank you please return to your envious hatred.

Since when do you take what the WB says seriously? You, the pathological conspiracy theorist. You, who says it and other organizations like it are part of a vast conspiracy. What's the matter, Wally? They finally met your price?

Russian Lad
30-09-2015, 21:51
Since when do you take what the WB says seriously? You, the pathological conspiracy theorist. You, who says it and other organizations like it are part of a vast conspiracy. What's the matter, Wally? They finally met your price?

Maybe Wally has switched sides and has pledged allegiance to his former foes? :smug:

fenrir
30-09-2015, 22:12
Maybe Wally has switched sides and has pledged allegiance to his former foes? :smug:

I guess they finally outbid the Kremlin troll factories.

Uncle Wally
30-09-2015, 22:16

Why would they be writing about it twinkle toes?

fenrir
30-09-2015, 22:27
Why would they be writing about it twinkle toes?

Why are you agreeing with those who are trying to take over the world?

Uncle Wally
30-09-2015, 23:32
Why are you agreeing with those who are trying to take over the world?

Go cry in your beer.

Fantastika
01-10-2015, 04:06
Gee America always beats out Russia! 22 million people living under the poverty line? Ha! America has 47 million people living under the poverty line and tens of millions more close.

The "poverty line" is an arbitrary figure set by a bureaucrat. The bureaucrat is employed by the government. If the "poverty line" improves, then the bureaucrat will be fired (lose his job). So it is in the self-interest of the bureaucrat to keep adjusting the "poverty line" to "prove" that "poverty" keeps remaining a great problem...and that his job - "fighting poverty" - is a very necessary job. Every year, he needs more money and more power to continue the glorious struggle to "fight poverty." You could call it "creating your job." Sorry guys, it's just another corrupt system.

Uncle Wally
01-10-2015, 07:24
The "poverty line" is an arbitrary figure set by a bureaucrat. The bureaucrat is employed by the government. If the "poverty line" improves, then the bureaucrat will be fired (lose his job). So it is in the self-interest of the bureaucrat to keep adjusting the "poverty line" to "prove" that "poverty" keeps remaining a great problem...and that his job - "fighting poverty" - is a very necessary job. Every year, he needs more money and more power to continue the glorious struggle to "fight poverty." You could call it "creating your job." Sorry guys, it's just another corrupt system.

Tell it to the 47 million people collecting food stamps.

nicklcool
01-10-2015, 17:24

I'll tell the vast majority of them to get off tgeir bums and get a job!

fenrir
01-10-2015, 17:34

Be careful, Wally. Russia wants to start a food stamp program too.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russia-plans-36-billion-food-stamp-program-as-poverty-rises/535333.html

fenrir
01-10-2015, 17:35
And in other news:

Russian Economic Slump to Be Worse Than Expected — Poll

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russian-economic-slump-to-be-worse-than-expected--poll/536406.html

Uncle Wally
01-10-2015, 17:54
I'll tell the vast majority of them to get off tgeir bums and get a job!

Most of them have jobs! At WalMart, McDonald's. Check it out.

Fantastika
01-10-2015, 17:59

Wally, here are some of the people getting food stamps. As you can see, they are emaciated, starving!

TolkoRaz
01-10-2015, 20:53
Insead of Food Stamps, they need a free 20 year subscription to the magazine 'Dieting Daily'! :book:

And to think that people like that actually breed! :eek:

Judge
01-10-2015, 22:15
Bad news for Russia haters.

The World Bank has said Russia will recover in 2016/2017. Expecting a ruble recovery, as much as 53 rubles to the dollar.

Thank you please return to your envious hatred.

Now the IMF have jumped on the bandwagon, also optimistic.
http://russia-insider.com/en/business/imf-says-russias-economy-looks-good/ri10091
Few days ago Bank of America came out with good news about future Russian economy ,
something dodgy is going on, they are being too friendly to Russia.:coffee:
What next, the credit rating agencies upgrading Russia.....

Uncle Wally
01-10-2015, 23:11
Insead of Food Stamps, they need a free 20 year subscription to the magazine 'Dieting Daily'! :book:

Yeah how? No wait a minute maybe I don't really want to know.

Uncle Wally
01-10-2015, 23:24
Now the IMF have jumped on the bandwagon, also optimistic.
http://russia-insider.com/en/business/imf-says-russias-economy-looks-good/ri10091
Few days ago Bank of America came out with good news about future Russian economy ,
something dodgy is going on, they are being too friendly to Russia.:coffee:
What next, the credit rating agencies upgrading Russia.....

Yeah something is going on. For months now some people have been saying that Russia is in a good position if they do the right things. Now some are saying they have been doing the right thing. With anything it comes down to the basics and America is too much razzle and dazzle. Hell the government is almost getting shut down every 6 months because they have to keep raising the debt ceiling. American's debt stands at 19 trillion dollars! when is enough, enough? Savings and wait is no good anymore, credit and slavery has been pushed upon us. Don't fall for it.

Russian Lad
01-10-2015, 23:33
something dodgy is going on, they are being too friendly to Russia.

You are beginning to understand? My congratulations.:)

Judge
01-10-2015, 23:56
Yeah something is going on. For months now some people have been saying that Russia is in a good position if they do the right things. Now some are saying they have been doing the right thing. With anything it comes down to the basics and America is too much razzle and dazzle. Hell the government is almost getting shut down every 6 months because they have to keep raising the debt ceiling. American's debt stands at 19 trillion dollars! when is enough, enough? Savings and wait is no good anymore, credit and slavery has been pushed upon us. Don't fall for it.

They are even giving out awards,http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/nabiullina/531224.html

Russia's Elvira Nabiullina was named Central Bank governor of 2015
Euromoney said Nabiullina would be given the award in person at a private reception during the World Bank/IMF meetings in Peru in October.

Fantastika
02-10-2015, 02:39

You've never been to WalMart... :)

Russian Lad
02-10-2015, 15:14
Can we get back from Obama to the economic situation in Russia now?

Uncle Wally
02-10-2015, 17:20

Yeah sure! Everything is looking great for the Russian economy!

nicklcool
02-10-2015, 18:01

Sure, nice to see the increased GDP spending on the military is paying off...are we beginning to understand the connection between military might and economic powerhouse standing? Or is the connection still unrelated happenstance in your mind?

Nobbynumbnuts
02-10-2015, 19:30
........are we beginning to understand the connection between military might and economic powerhouse standing?......................

...of course we are. The USSR was a military super power that ended up broke!...........................Carry on. :winking:

Russian Lad
02-10-2015, 19:52
are we beginning to understand the connection between military might and economic powerhouse standing? Or is the connection still unrelated happenstance in your mind?

Let me understand what you are trying to say - by bombing Syria we are improving the Russian economy? Wow. Just wow. It may not be such a bad idea if we had a great economy to begin with and if the declared purposes were the only true ones, without any hidden and nefarious agenda. But the Russian economy has been contracting rather seriously for like two years now, hardly a time for aggressive expansion policies. It is like trying to heal syphilis by shagging hookers, imho (before you ask, it is not my personal experience).

nicklcool
02-10-2015, 20:54
Let me understand what you are trying to say - by bombing Syria we are improving the Russian economy? Wow. Just wow. It may not be such a bad idea if we had a great economy to begin with and if the declared purposes were the only true ones, without any hidden and nefarious agenda.

No RL, I'm saying that the increased military spending is paying dividends, such as in that other countries respect might and appreciate action, and over the long run increased military strength leads to increased power on the world stage. Every Western media outlet's writing that Obama has been played by Putin and is whiddling away America's superpower status, are you really arguing that these military moves will not help Russia's standing and economy long term?

While many in this thread have been braying about short term economic weakness, I've been posting about indicators that point to long term economic strength. And now one of them is playing out right in front of our eyes, increased spending as a proportion of GDP on military in Russia as USA proportionally is spending less.

Russian Lad
02-10-2015, 20:59
No RL, I'm saying that the increased military spending is paying dividends, such as in that other countries respect might and appreciate action, and over the long run increased military strength leads to increased power on the world stage.

The North Korea has a huge army, is it respected, is its power reckoned with by any serious players? My point is that the military power is just a part of the equation, not its only component, and it becomes a burden and a liability rather than a trump card in a weak economy.

Every Western media outlet's writing that Obama has been played by Putin and is whiddling away America's superpower status, are you really arguing that these military moves will not help Russia's standing and economy long term?

The Western media are not my enemies, but if they were, I would be very cautious about everything they say, especially when it comes to praises. I think all those praises are a part of a gigantic trolling procedure, but you are welcome to gullibly believe them, it makes things easier (not for you and your side though).

as USA proportionally is spending less

That's because wars cost trillions of dollars and right now Russia seems to be doing everything that plays along into the American hands splendidly, they are absolutely correct in doing the absolute minimum. So much so that it is a real pain to watch sometimes, I do have a hidden hurrah-patriot side in me that hurts. The same mistakes, the same results. Disgusting is the word.

Uncle Wally
03-10-2015, 01:13
The North Korea has a huge army, is it respected, is its power reckoned with by any serious players? My point is that the military power is just a part of the equation, not its only component, and it becomes a burden and a liability rather than a trump card in a weak economy.

The Western media are not my enemies, but if they were, I would be very cautious about everything they say, especially when it comes to praises. I think all those praises are a part of a gigantic trolling procedure, but you are welcome to gullibly believe them, it makes things easier (not for you and your side though).

That's because wars cost trillions of dollars and right now Russia seems to be doing everything that plays along into the American hands splendidly, they are absolutely correct in doing the absolute minimum. So much so that it is a real pain to watch sometimes, I do have a hidden hurrah-patriot side in me that hurts. The same mistakes, the same results. Disgusting is the word.

I am starting to feel really sad for you. Please find some help before it's too late.

Uncle Wally
03-10-2015, 01:15
...of course we are. The USSR was a military super power that ended up broke!...........................Carry on. :winking:

And where is America heading? Carry on you way ward son there will come a time when you are done.

Oh wait a minute! Yeah America can just keep printing dollars because well, they are worthless anyway.

nicklcool
03-10-2015, 07:48
My point is that the military power is just a part of the equation, not its only component, and it becomes a burden and a liability rather than a trump card in a weak economy.

Agreed, military spending or strength is only part of the equation. But we all have to admit that the way Putin muscled Russia back onto the world stage surprised everyone, right? Putin isn't afraid to take action when so many leaders in the West just bloviate. A strong military and a resultant place on the world stage should be part of the equation for future economic success. Countries like to engage in commerce with strong countries that have the strength to protect trade channels, etc. - this is one reason China's building those islands on reefs is freaking everyone out- they're very close to huge trade routes and USA is stretched too thin / doesn't gave the naval bandwidth to station ships there to protect the trade routes.

As for the military spending busting Russia's budget, I think you yourself just admitted it's the war fighting not the military buildup itself that busts countries' budgets. Right now Russia is involved only in Chechnya and now Syria so they shouldn't be over extended.

One more thing, I've said this before- I think Russia's economy rides out this storm because the two factors hurting it right now- sanctions and low oil prices- are both political and temporary- they're not fundamental defects in the economy. If the Russian economy had fundamental defects, well, what's different now from her economy in the 2000s, and why did the economy perform better then?

fenrir
03-10-2015, 09:19
Oh wait a minute! Yeah America can just keep printing dollars because well, they are worthless anyway.

If dollars are worthless, then what are rubles?

fenrir
03-10-2015, 09:23
Tsk, tsk. Russian companies deceiving and ripping off Russian consumers.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/fake-cheese-floods-russian-stores/536730.html

And learning to make your own cheese! What a laugh. That's a skill everyone in the developed world needs to know.

FatAndy
03-10-2015, 12:07
Tsk, tsk. Russian companies deceiving and ripping off Russian consumers.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/fake-cheese-floods-russian-stores/536730.html

And learning to make your own cheese! What a laugh. That's a skill everyone in the developed world needs to know.
Inertly, comrade, and w/o a spark. I'd recommend you to quote banderlogs from censor, the content will be the same, but at least they squeal more funny. ;)

Uncle Wally
07-10-2015, 15:37
Wow what's going on with the ruble! Jumped up to 62 = $

Oil now $52 and the euro is falling.

Russian Lad
07-10-2015, 16:35
Wow what's going on with the ruble! Jumped up to 62 = $

Oil now $52 and the euro is falling.

Will you be able to have dinner before the trend reverses?:smug:

Uncle Wally
07-10-2015, 17:11
Will you be able to have dinner before the trend reverses?:smug:

Oil is now $53..

The question is, will you be able to exchange your before it goes below what you paid for them?

FatAndy
07-10-2015, 17:16

Russian Lad
07-10-2015, 17:34
The question is, will you be able to exchange your € before it goes below what you paid for them?

I paid 45 for them, so I can afford to wait.:) For a long time.:) But it is a very good time to buy euros or dollars now, before the ruble jumps overboard again, screaming for help. The CB is planning to make the printing press red-hot, so it is a prelude before another ruble crash (1.76 trillion!!! rubles will be printed, hohoho): http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/aktsii/kazhdy-desyaty-rubl-v-byudzhete-napechataet-cb-1000846915

Uncle Wally
07-10-2015, 17:49
I paid 45 for them, so I can afford to wait.:) For a long time.:) But it is a very good time to buy euros or dollars now, before the ruble jumps overboard again, screaming for help. The CB is planning to make the printing press red-hot, so it is a prelude before another ruble crash: http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/aktsii/kazhdy-desyaty-rubl-v-byudzhete-napechataet-cb-1000846915

That's just because they know everybody is going to be buying up rubles like crazy soon!

Nobbynumbnuts
07-10-2015, 18:05
..must be happy hour in Wally World again :big-grin:

It's not rocket science to understand what's going on. Russia's involvement in Syria is adding to uncertainty in the Middle east, this pushes oil higher and the ruble follows..
But the fundamentals haven't changed, oil supply continues to outstrip demand. As the world economy slows further (latest predictions from world bank) and the picture becomes clearer in Syria the oil price will probably trade lower again.

fenrir
07-10-2015, 21:32

It's not rocket science to understand what's going on. Russia's involvement in Syria is adding to uncertainty in the Middle east, this pushes oil higher and the ruble follows..
But the fundamentals haven't changed, oil supply continues to outstrip demand. As the world economy slows further (latest predictions from world bank) and the picture becomes clearer in Syria the oil price will probably trade lower again.

It's typical Wally behavior. Whenever the ruble takes a dump, Wally and his asinine comments are nowhere to be found. As soon as this Monopoly money masquerading as a real currency ticks up a bit, he is all over it like flies on a stinking pile of horse ----.

Uncle Wally
07-10-2015, 21:45

It couldn't be that oil production in America is falling could it? Oh no must be something bad Russia is doing. The only thing Russia is doing is making certain that IS will fail and that the democratically elected government of Syria will not fall and Syria like other countries in the Middle east will not turn into chaos like every other country America has helped.

Uncle Wally
07-10-2015, 21:51
It's typical Wally behavior. Whenever the ruble takes a dump, Wally and his asinine comments are nowhere to be found. As soon as this Monopoly money masquerading as a real currency ticks up a bit, he is all over it like flies on a stinking pile of horse ----.

Yeah ok pipsqueak. All I've been seeing is Russia has got more done in one week to fight IS than your America has done in over a year. That should tell you something but you being you well. Hope you're happy with your 0%

Carl
07-10-2015, 21:58
It's October..
The month you predict the demise of Europe and the US.
I'm surprised you're surprised!

JPS
07-10-2015, 22:31
your America has done in over a year.

I thought you were American?

fenrir
07-10-2015, 22:39

The Benedict Arnold claims he burned his US passport.

fenrir
07-10-2015, 22:41
Yeah ok pipsqueak. All I've been seeing is Russia has got more done in one week to fight IS than your America has done in over a year. That should tell you something but you being you well. Hope you're happy with your 0%

We are talking about the ruble and the price of oil. Do try to keep on topic. Otherwise, ask your psychotherapist to increase your meds.

Russian Lad
07-10-2015, 22:56
It couldn't be that oil production in America is falling could it?

Wally, you are wrong AGAIN... Like, Wally being Wrong, part-289484893. The oil production in the US has increased by 78 thousand barrels per day during the last week, just as the oil reserves: http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/valyuty/neft-i-rubl-prervali-ralli-na-dannykh-ot-minenergo-ssha-1000847596
Wally, I do hope your Russian ladies kindly assist you in finding where to lodge it, we don't really want you to hurt yourself, if you know what I mean.:big-grin: Poor Wally.

It's October..

I am surprised you are surprised he is surprised.

Uncle Wally
08-10-2015, 07:09

Not anymore.

Uncle Wally
08-10-2015, 07:10
It's October..

The month is not over yet is it.

Nobbynumbnuts
08-10-2015, 07:56
Wally, you are wrong AGAIN... Like, Wally being Wrong, part-289484893. The oil production in the US has increased by 78 thousand barrels per day during the last week, just as the oil reserves: http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/valyuty/neft-i-rubl-prervali-ralli-na-dannykh-ot-minenergo-ssha-1000847596
Wally, I do hope your Russian ladies kindly assist you in finding where to lodge it, we don't really want you to hurt yourself, if you know what I mean.:big-grin: Poor Wally.

I am surprised you are surprised he is surprised.

He posts the first drunken nonsense that comes into his head. Who'd trust someone that turns his back completely on his own country? Only a half-wit! :laughing:

Judge
08-10-2015, 08:48
The myths about the Russian economy,don't spill your coffee :big-grin:

Anyone who reads Western media coverage of Russia’s intervention in Syria will notice that a note of bafflement has crept in.

How can Russia, the country "that doesn't produce anything", whose economy is supposedly smaller than Britain's or even Spain's, and which is said to be economically on the ropes, able to conduct an air campaign in Syria?

The short — and obvious — answer is that Russia's economy is much bigger than Western political leaders and commentators imagine.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20151007/1028147778/russia-west-economy-syria.html#ixzz3nx75GPcX

nicklcool
08-10-2015, 09:44
He posts the first drunken nonsense that comes into his head. Who'd trust someone that turns his back completely on his own country? Only a half-wit! :laughing:

Wait, we're talking about RL, right? ;)

Uncle Wally
08-10-2015, 09:47

Only a "half wit" would believe what western government tells them. Only a moral degenerate would support governments that have brought so much war, death and destruction. Only a coward would stand by while their government takes away your rights then proceeds to torture, imprison and murder by drone , without any trial or conviction I might add. You can't tell me or ever make me believe that you don't know what your government and the US have been up to for the last fifty years. Hell I bet it doesn't bother you one bit that your government has been covering up the rampant child sex abuses that have been going on for years and probably still do! No sir only a half wit coward would stand in defense of the system and people that you do.

nicklcool
08-10-2015, 09:51

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20151007/1028147778/russia-west-economy-syria.html#ixzz3nx75GPcX

Judge, don't believe the hype, Russia builds a strong military at tge expense of her suffering citizens, like North Korea and the former USSR ;)

Uncle Wally
08-10-2015, 10:31
Judge, don't believe the hype, Russia builds a strong military at tge expense of her suffering citizens, like North Korea and the former USSR ;)

Well Russia wouldn't need too if America would stop building and supporting such a huge military at the expense of their long suffering citizens. How much debt does America have? Enough for generations to come.

I've been here for 20 years and all I see is that it's getting better.

FatAndy
08-10-2015, 11:09
None of reports includes gray and black sectors of RF economy which are 30 to 70% :D

Judge
08-10-2015, 12:17
None of reports includes gray and black sectors of RF economy which are 30 to 70% :D

Yes, true, include that and Russia would be right behind China officially, unofficially Russia is 10th.:drooling:

nicklcool
08-10-2015, 18:16
Is a country's FX rate some kind of official indicator of economic health? I remember utility curves subsidy graphs and full employment charts from micro and macroeconomics but this one I missed!

Russian Lad
08-10-2015, 18:21
Wait, we're talking about RL, right?

Why is that? I am still in Russia and heroically bear the brunt of all excruciating hardships together with my misinformed and misguided people, whereas Wally is hiding behind a Russian skirt in Moscow from his fellow-Americans, after sheepishly burning his passport, while I go to bed every day clutching my dear Russian passport in my hands trembling from hunger and other deprivations. Kindly feel the difference.:smug:

vossy7
08-10-2015, 18:44
Why is that? I am still in Russia and heroically bear the brunt of all excruciating hardships together with my misinformed and misguided people, whereas Wally is hiding behind a Russian skirt in Moscow from his fellow-Americans, after sheepishly burning his passport, while I go to bed every day clutching my dear Russian passport in my hands trembling from hunger and other deprivations. Kindly feel the difference.:smug:

Hey RL , how are you doing ...I truly hope that all is not that bad with the hunger stuff and that , I can send you up some sanctioned English cheese , without the bite marks :not-talking:

Russian Lad
08-10-2015, 18:53
Hey RL , how are you doing ...I truly hope that all is not that bad with the hunger stuff and that , I can send you up some sanctioned English cheese , without the bite marks :not-talking:

Hehe, no, I am ok, just pulling Wally's hind legs here. But I will keep your kind offer in mind, keep the cheese neatly wrapped and ready for the dispatch.:love: After all, if FatAndy eats sanctioned cheese, so can I, I thought it is illegal.:)

FatAndy
08-10-2015, 19:09
After all, if FatAndy eats sanctioned cheese, so can I, I thought it is illegal.:)
Once more, for those who are... misinformed. ;)
Illegal is importing some of foods by legal entities in commercial qtys.
Peivate persons can bring up to 5 kg for their personal consumation. Feel free.

Nobbynumbnuts
08-10-2015, 19:46

..right, and that's why Russia is rated 136th most corrupt country in the world! lol :laughing:

Nobbynumbnuts
08-10-2015, 19:54

..absolutely. Many people disagree with their governments and the way their countries are run. But only an idiot would burn their own passport and deny their nationality! :big-grin:
Most people who felt that way would work to change things, be vocal in their condemnation of the way things are done by their government. But what kinda half-wit denies their nationality! :laughing:

nicklcool
08-10-2015, 20:06
..absolutely. Many people disagree with their governments and the way their countries are run. But only an idiot would burn their own passport and deny their nationality! :big-grin:
Most people who felt that way would work to change things, be vocal in their condemnation of the way things are done by their government. But what kinda half-wit denies their nationality! :laughing:

Nobby who's the half wit you describe, yourself!? Actually all immigrants do as you describe; are they all half-wits too? As for Wally you all shoyld relax, if he only burned his passport, that's not the same as renouncing citizenship...I'm pretty sure he can claim a lost/stolen passport and get a new one from the consulate!

Back on topic, for those who aren't half-wits, what does this say about the strength of the Russian economy?

--> It has trodded further along for more than a year and a half with crippling sanctions that halved its currency value in relation to the dollar, yet...

The American stock market went fffwwwwpppp once the Yuan blipped 2% lower in relation to the dollar! LMAO. :D

Nobbynumbnuts
08-10-2015, 20:29
Nobby who's the half wit you describe, yourself!? Actually all immigrants do as you describe; are they all half-wits too? As for Wally you all shoyld relax, if he only burned his passport, that's not the same as renouncing citizenship...I'm pretty sure he can claim a lost/stolen passport and get a new one from the consulate!

Back on topic, for those who aren't half-wits, what does this say about the strength of the Russian economy?

--> It has trodded further along for more than a year and a half with crippling sanctions that halved its currency value in relation to the dollar, yet...

The American stock market went fffwwwwpppp once the Yuan blipped 2% lower in relation to the dollar! LMAO. :D

..can't you read? He's proudly announced that he's no longer American! lol :big-grin:
And no, immigrants don't deny who they are. The vast majority have simply left because life has become too difficult for them to live there. Economically or for safety reasons.

How come you don't you know this basic stuff? :rolleyes::D

..and now Wally is going to go to the American embassy and ask for a new passport after having destroyed his original because he's not American?? Only a F8cking idiot would do that, wouldn't they?? :laughing:

Russian Lad
08-10-2015, 20:39
Once more, for those who are... misinformed.
Illegal is importing some of foods by legal entities in commercial qtys.
Peivate persons can bring up to 5 kg for their personal consumation. Feel free.

Comrade, I was just joking and put a smilie after it. Smile more often, the most stupid and cruel things are usually done without a smile on the face.:winking:

As for Wally you all shoyld relax, if he only burned his passport, that's not the same as renouncing citizenship...I'm pretty sure he can claim a lost/stolen passport and get a new one from the consulate!

I agree with Nobbie, Wally hasn't just burnt his passport, he claims he is not an American anymore. So, if he goes to the consulate and applies for a new passport, he will either be lying then or he is lying to us right now. I am in no position to tell him or you that lying is bad and so forth, but it certainly undermines the person's credibility, to the point of annihilating it, even on an online forum like this one. You want to be a laughing stock here - you have my welcome and full approval.:)
As to immigrants, most form communities and cherish their former homeland even abroad, so this line of reasoning is risible at best - the US is a country of immigrants, and all of the Americans I have ever met are proud of their ancestors from foreign lands.

fenrir
08-10-2015, 22:11
Comrade, I was just joking and put a smilie after it. Smile more often, the most stupid and cruel things are usually done without a smile on the face.:winking:

I agree with Nobbie, Wally hasn't just burnt his passport, he claims he is not an American anymore. So, if he goes to the consulate and applies for a new passport, he will either be lying then or he is lying to us right now. I am in no position to tell him or you that lying is bad and so forth, but it certainly undermines the person's credibility, to the point of annihilating it, even on an online forum like this one. You want to be a laughing stock here - you have my welcome and full approval.:)
As to immigrants, most form communities and cherish their former homeland even abroad, so this line of reasoning is risible at best - the US is a country of immigrants, and all of the Americans I have ever met are proud of their ancestors from foreign lands.

If the US Embassy finds out that he has really burned it, he could very well see his American citizenship cancelled. It has happened in the past.

fenrir
08-10-2015, 22:13
Turkey's Erdogan warns Russia on nuclear project, natural gas: papers

http://news.yahoo.com/turkeys-erdogan-warns-russia-nuclear-project-natural-gas-090830083.html

I wonder if the KSA is planning to revisit its contracts with Russia in light of recent events.

Uncle Wally
08-10-2015, 22:17
If the US Embassy finds out that he has really burned it, he could very well see his American citizenship cancelled. It has happened in the past.

You see unlike you I have a big pair of balls. It's been more than ten years since I went to the American embassy and told them to take my passport and shove it up their a**. You are a pussy.

Nobbynumbnuts
08-10-2015, 22:26
..big balls, tiny F*&$ing brain! PMSL :laughing:

Uncle Wally
08-10-2015, 22:45
..big balls, tiny F*&$ing brain! PMSL :laughing:

Yeah at least I can tell when I'm being lied too.

Russian Lad
08-10-2015, 22:52
You see unlike you I have a big pair of balls. It's been more than ten years since I went to the American embassy and told them to take my passport and shove it up their a**. You are a pussy.

So, did you burn it or did you leave it in the embassy? These two stories of yours are mutually exclusive. Kindly tell us the TruthЪ, comrade. I clearly remember you have just stated you have Big Balls. Men with Big Balls can afford to tell the Truthъ, at least occasionally. :smug:

Uncle Wally
08-10-2015, 23:25
So, did you burn it or did you leave it in the embassy? These two stories of yours are mutually exclusive. Kindly tell us the TruthЪ, comrade. I clearly remember you have just stated you have Big Balls. Men with Big Balls can afford to tell the Truthъ, at least occasionally. :smug:

Gee talking to you the drama queen supreme? Listen whiny man, I feel no sympathy for you what's so ever. You think you're in trouble? You think you have hardship? You don't know what hardship is. You think that I have to answer to you? After what I have been through? Ha!

Russian Lad
08-10-2015, 23:40
what's so ever

That's an interesting way to spell "whatsoever".:) Keep up this good spelling work, comrade.

Gee talking to you the drama queen supreme? Listen whiny man, I feel no sympathy for you what's so ever. You think you're in trouble? You think you have hardship? You don't know what hardship is. You think that I have to answer to you? After what I have been through? Ha!

I don't think I am in trouble, on the contrary, I am in a splendid mood. We were talking about you though, I asked a rather simple question based on the info you have willingly provided yourself, it is not like I am making something up or dramatizing anything, comrade - I am just trying to clarify what you have already stated, moved my the innocent feeling of idle curiosity.
Anyway, here is an old Soviet song for you, hope you will recognize someone there:):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiDpBIm9AOE

Nobbynumbnuts
08-10-2015, 23:48

...He's not some hero who burnt his passport/told his embassy to stick it their ass. He's a loser, that's why he hates America so badly. For all his failures. Now he's in Russia....

"After what I have been through? " & "i'm not drunk, i'm just drinking".............Drinking to forget what? Just another :loser: who ended up in Moscow. i've seen a few expats like that in the city. Can't get a job or a life back home....:winking:

Uncle Wally
09-10-2015, 04:04
...He's not some hero who burnt his passport/told his embassy to stick it their ass. He's a loser, that's why he hates America so badly. For all his failures. Now he's in Russia....

"After what I have been through? " & "i'm not drunk, i'm just drinking".............Drinking to forget what? Just another :loser: who ended up in Moscow. i've seen a few expats like that in the city. Can't get a job or a life back home....:winking:

Says the one ruled by child molesters and murderers.

nicklcool
09-10-2015, 05:25
..can't you read? He's proudly announced that he's no longer American! lol :big-grin:
And no, immigrants don't deny who they are. The vast majority have simply left because life has become too difficult for them to live there. Economically or for safety reasons.

How come you don't you know this basic stuff? :rolleyes::D

..and now Wally is going to go to the American embassy and ask for a new passport after having destroyed his original because he's not American?? Only a F8cking idiot would do that, wouldn't they?? :laughing:

Immigrants sure do give up their nationalities, in many countries this is a required step. Nobby, you're confused; you're referring to ethnicities. Yes, of course, many immigrants, regardless of the reason for emigrating from their countries, choose to continue celebrating their ethnicities and heritage.

As for Wally I have no clue wheyher he renounced his citizenship! You all told us he burnt his passport and I'm just teaching you that that is not the way to renounce one's US citizenship - if this is all Wally did then he most likely still has an active Social Security Number, active tax obligations, etc.

Carry on, and take your time to explain to us the FX rate theory of explaining economic retraction and growth ;)

Russian Lad
09-10-2015, 06:16
Immigrants sure do give up their nationalities, in many countries this is a required step. Nobby, you're confused; you're referring to ethnicities. Yes, of course, many immigrants, regardless of the reason for emigrating from their countries, choose to continue celebrating their ethnicities and heritage.

What exactly do you mean by ethnicity as opposed to nationality? For instance, I have known Americans of French, German, Ukrainian and Russian descent - they were pround that their ancestors were, respectively, French, German, Ukrainian and Russian (and yes, there are still countries like France, Germany, Ukraine and Russia around). Please clarify your idea - it is so bright I cannot see what you mean.

nicklcool
09-10-2015, 09:41
What exactly do you mean by ethnicity as opposed to nationality? For instance, I have known Americans of French, German, Ukrainian and Russian descent - they were pround that their ancestors were, respectively, French, German, Ukrainian and Russian (and yes, there are still countries like France, Germany, Ukraine and Russia around). Please clarify your idea - it is so bright I cannot see what you mean.

RL, your patronizing method of writing is so....endearing. This is not my idea; it is a textbook definition of nationality vs. ethnicity. What's happening here is native Russians are direct translating the russian word natsional'nost into English, but this is an L1 transfer error- much like if you try to say "preservative" in Russian by just saying the word with a Russian accent :0

About that FX theory on economic growth, is it something like for every 10% the ruble loses against the dollar, the Russian unemployment rate rises 0.1%? Or is the relationship not tgat strongly correlated?

fenrir
09-10-2015, 11:54
As for Wally I have no clue wheyher he renounced his citizenship! You all told us he burnt his passport and I'm just teaching you that that is not the way to renounce one's US citizenship - if this is all Wally did then he most likely still has an active Social Security Number, active tax obligations, etc.

And, more importantly, he can still collect Social Security. I wonder if he REALLY gave up the chance at free money, even if it is the evil dollar.

FatAndy
09-10-2015, 12:52
..right, and that's why Russia is rated 136th most corrupt country in the world! lol :laughing:
By so called reputable independent Western media, as usual? We're in the sandbox yet regarding sizes of corruption in so called "civilized world".
"lol", my @$$... :)

Uncle Wally
09-10-2015, 13:46
Oil gains a dollar and the ruble again on the rise.

Uncle Wally
09-10-2015, 13:58
And, more importantly, he can still collect Social Security. I wonder if he REALLY gave up the chance at free money, even if it is the evil dollar.

Please try to stay on topic! I have 8 years before I can collect a Russian pension and 13 years before an American one. I am guessing by that time American politicians will have the US in so much debt that there won't be any money left. Which begs the question. You being such a great patriot you surely pay your American taxes still right? You are oblige too even though you live in another country. Which also makes me wonder why you live in another country if America is so great and you love your country so much?

nicklcool
09-10-2015, 14:03
By so called reputable independent Western media, as usual? We're in the sandbox yet regarding sizes of corruption in so called "civilized world".

Was thinking the same thing. Political corruption in the West is "civilized" (retired politicians become lobbyists, politicians invest in bank stocks based on insider information (Pelosi), Biden's son joins Board of Ukrainian gas company, politicians get huge lifelong pensions, etc.), while in Russia it is still cruel and uncivilized corruption, so she earns spot 136 on the list!

Judge
09-10-2015, 14:04
Fenrir, your dearest leader is giving out orders..
Finally he says something we can all agree on..
Even EU leaders have had enough of the US dictating them.

EU must improve Russia ties, says Commission chief Juncker - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34486157

fenrir
09-10-2015, 14:45
Please try to stay on topic! I have 8 years before I can collect a Russian pension and 13 years before an American one. I am guessing by that time American politicians will have the US in so much debt that there won't be any money left. Which begs the question. You being such a great patriot you surely pay your American taxes still right? You are oblige too even though you live in another country. Which also makes me wonder why you live in another country if America is so great and you love your country so much?

We are. We have been discussing your BS claims about your passport. So which is it: Did you burn it or take it to the embassy? If you are counting the years before you can collect your American pension, you haven't really given up your citizenship, have you?

Uncle Wally
09-10-2015, 15:34
We are. We have been discussing your BS claims about your passport. So which is it: Did you burn it or take it to the embassy? If you are counting the years before you can collect your American pension, you haven't really given up your citizenship, have you?

You really are some kind of mental case.

AstarD
09-10-2015, 15:36
You really are some kind of mental case.It's as if you're talking to yourself.

Uncle Wally
09-10-2015, 15:41
It's as if you're talking to yourself.

You too are some kind of nut job.

TolkoRaz
09-10-2015, 15:48

May be he sold his US of A passport on eBay?

Why the fascination? Do you want to frame it and hang it on your wall? :confused:

AstarD
09-10-2015, 15:50
You too are some kind of nut job.Yes, in WillyWally World, disagreeing with WillyWally makes one insane.

Uncle Wally
09-10-2015, 15:59

Why the fascination? Do you want to frame it and hang it on your wall? :confused:

He's getting crazy about it. I really think all this bad news about America is getting to him. He freaks out at any hint of a Russian success. Sad to watch someone fall apart like this.

Uncle Wally
09-10-2015, 16:53
Yes, in WillyWally World, disagreeing with WillyWally makes one insane.

No you're mistaken, that's what numbnuts does.

fenrir
09-10-2015, 19:12

We caught him in a colossal lie about himself and are now calling him out on it. He has been blabbing off about burning his passport for years and now he has suddenly changed his story.

Btw, I looked up the meaning of the name Wally and here is the first thing the text says:

The baby girl name Wally is also used as a boy name

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobbynumbnuts
09-10-2015, 20:10

Carry on, and take your time to explain to us the FX rate theory of explaining economic retraction and growth ;)

Try reading my posts.
Never said people don't sometimes give up their nationalities. Immigrants do this to better their lives. What i did say say is people rarely deny their nationalities. Big difference! :winking:
Anyway, enough about Wally, he's just a sad loser...:winking:

Nobbynumbnuts
09-10-2015, 20:17

"gray and black sectors of RF economy which are 30 to 70%" Your words and your ass. :laughing:

Uncle Wally
09-10-2015, 21:28
We caught him in a colossal lie about himself and are now calling him out on it. He has been blabbing off about burning his passport for years and now he has suddenly changed his story.

Btw, I looked up the meaning of the name Wally and here is the first thing the text says:

The baby girl name Wally is also used as a boy name

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And which lie would that be pipsqueak?

Uncle Wally
09-10-2015, 21:33
Try reading my posts.
Never said people don't sometimes give up their nationalities. Immigrants do this to better their lives. What i did say say is people rarely deny their nationalities. Big difference! :winking:

Who is "denying" anything? I am 75% Italian and 25% Russian born in America. I am proud of my Italian and Russian heritage it's the American part I feel embarrassed about.

nicklcool
10-10-2015, 06:45
Try reading my posts.

Semantics

fenrir
10-10-2015, 08:47
Who is "denying" anything? I am 75% Italian and 25% Russian born in America. I am proud of my Italian and Russian heritage it's the American part I feel embarrassed about.

So, did you burn it or hand it in? Can't be both. In any case, you are a liar. Counting the years until you can collect your social security in a currency you claim won't exist makes you a hypocrite as well as a few other things.

Russian Lad
11-10-2015, 00:48
So, did you burn it or hand it in? Can't be both.

Maybe he burnt it and handed in the ashes? I have a Russian friend who abuses alcohol, he has lost and recovered his Russian passport like at least 10 times, so my best wild guess would be Wally just lost his passport and then decided to play cowboy about it, but forgot to stick to a single legend, hence the glaring discrepancies in his statements.:nerd:

I am 75% Italian and 25% Russian born in America. I am proud of my Italian and Russian heritage it's the American part I feel embarrassed about.

Being embarrassed for your government is one thing, denying/discarding your nationality/ethnicity is a different cup of tea, товарищ.

Uncle Wally
11-10-2015, 09:18
So, did you burn it or hand it in? Can't be both. In any case, you are a liar. Counting the years until you can collect your social security in a currency you claim won't exist makes you a hypocrite as well as a few other things.

That's what I get for even trying to talk to someone who is mentally retarded.

Uncle Wally
11-10-2015, 09:29
Maybe he burnt it and handed in the ashes? I have a Russian friend who abuses alcohol, he has lost and recovered his Russian passport like at least 10 times, so my best wild guess would be Wally just lost his passport and then decided to play cowboy about it, but forgot to stick to a single legend, hence the glaring discrepancies in his statements.:nerd:

Being embarrassed for your government is one thing, denying/discarding your nationality/ethnicity is a different cup of tea, товарищ.

Read my signature, I don't abuse anything. I don't lose anything either. Just because you know someone or more likely were an alcoholic yourself, doesn't mean I do the same things. You still live with mommy. That's something I haven't done in 34 years.

JPS
11-10-2015, 10:08
Kindergarten is obviously finished for the day :P

FatAndy
11-10-2015, 10:49

Nobbynumbnuts
11-10-2015, 11:40
..just ignore him. All this time and effort on a loser? :yawn:

Russian Lad
11-10-2015, 17:07
..just ignore him. All this time and effort on a loser? :yawn:

Well, he is sort of entertaining.:party:

You still live with mommy. That's something I haven't done in 34 years.

Mostly with granny who is 93 and requires everyday attention. If and when you get that old, you will also want someone to live with you. But will there be anyone around to oblige?

Uncle Wally
11-10-2015, 17:47
Well, he is sort of entertaining.:party:

Mostly with granny who is 93 and requires everyday attention. If and when you get that old, you will also want someone to live with you. But will there be anyone around to oblige?

Yeah got a son who loves me like crazy and a girlfriend who is much younger than I.

nicklcool
30-11-2015, 14:30
RL, I'm responding here because your aside doesn't really fit the trucker tax protest thread.

when the "average" salary is $1k
Where? That's yet another blatant lie. Well, maybe it is in Moscow, where renting a decent apartment costs about that much I believe, if you don't plan living like a filthy animal in a cage. But I gave you a rather detailed description of what she does, so I am not sure how you came up with that complete nonsense about artists. 1K dollars was possible like 2 years ago, when the dollar was around 30 rubles. It is around 65 rubles now, - wake up, drink some coffee, concentrate.

how could Russians not be out on the streets protesting?
They are very patient (many - patient+naive+brainwashed+stupid). But aren't you monitoring the truckers' protests? That's huge, thousands of Russian truckers are protesting in all major Russian cities and the official media are ignoring it fully, as if nothing is happening. They have been fully ignoring it for a full week now, which should tell a lot to the Russians who have had any doubts about whom and what exactly they are dealing with. Rossiya24, Rossiya-1, NTV - nothing! It is mind-boggling and outrageous. It seems they are taking us for pigs or for some sort of dirt under their feet, not for people.
Doubt driving around Moscow today and/or in the coming days will be convenient, let's put it this way...

OK you got me, I misquoted you, you said 10k rubles is the average monthly salary, not $1k. It's easy in Obama's Russian Recession economy to get the 000's mixed up; can't wait for him to be gone and for a true reset with Russia to occur and for this exchange rate and sanctions to be fixed (aside-Putin is Obama's scapegoat, his easy way to show he's "tough" on foreign relations, just like "getting" Osama bin Laden was his easy way to show he's tough on terror)

But I'm glad you brought up Moscow again-what keeps your starving relatives from relocating to make a better life for themselves? If your mom is a highly trained pediatrician and making only $500 that's the problem of her personality and lack of drive, not the economy's fault. This is how the srtist metaphor is not nonsense; see could easily make much more money in other areas (I presume, given her highly demanded skill set), but like the artist who proverbially chooses to be poor and starving because he prefers his artist work to "getting a real job," your mom has somehow measured the utility of her current situation and decided she'd rather earn $500 than earn more somewhere else. It's quite common in other countries that people travel to urban areas to make bigger bucks, or stay in their hometowns where cost of living is lower but salaries are also lower.
This is not to say the economic situation in Russia is great or should not be fixed, but your posts about the maladies of your relatives and acquaintances always ask why someone else is not helping. Why don't they get off their butts, acknowledge and deal with the current ecinomic situation in Russia, and do something?

RE- protests, I can see why the trucker protests give you hope. I similarly got hopeful wjen the opposition party won control of our upper house of Congress in 2014. But everything has continued as usual, deficit spending, weak immigration enforcement, increasing taxes and welfare spending. So in the USA it will probably take a lot more and in Russia it will take more than this one trucker tax protest to get the real change you crave.

Uncle Wally
30-11-2015, 16:00
RL, I'm responding here because your aside doesn't really fit the trucker tax protest thread.

OK you got me, I misquoted you, you said 10k rubles is the average monthly salary, not $1k. It's easy in Obama's Russian Recession economy to get the 000's mixed up; can't wait for him to be gone and for a true reset with Russia to occur and for this exchange rate and sanctions to be fixed (aside-Putin is Obama's scapegoat, his easy way to show he's "tough" on foreign relations, just like "getting" Osama bin Laden was his easy way to show he's tough on terror)

But I'm glad you brought up Moscow again-what keeps your starving relatives from relocating to make a better life for themselves? If your mom is a highly trained pediatrician and making only $500 that's the problem of her personality and lack of drive, not the economy's fault. This is how the srtist metaphor is not nonsense; see could easily make much more money in other areas (I presume, given her highly demanded skill set), but like the artist who proverbially chooses to be poor and starving because he prefers his artist work to "getting a real job," your mom has somehow measured the utility of her current situation and decided she'd rather earn $500 than earn more somewhere else. It's quite common in other countries that people travel to urban areas to make bigger bucks, or stay in their hometowns where cost of living is lower but salaries are also lower.
This is not to say the economic situation in Russia is great or should not be fixed, but your posts about the maladies of your relatives and acquaintances always ask why someone else is not helping. Why don't they get off their butts, acknowledge and deal with the current ecinomic situation in Russia, and do something?

RE- protests, I can see why the trucker protests give you hope. I similarly got hopeful wjen the opposition party won control of our upper house of Congress in 2014. But everything has continued as usual, deficit spending, weak immigration enforcement, increasing taxes and welfare spending. So in the USA it will probably take a lot more and in Russia it will take more than this one trucker tax protest to get the real change you crave.

In defense of his mom, she has to be 60 or more years older knowing how old RL is. Not easy trying to find a new job. I've heard 40 year olds complain about this.

Russian Lad
30-11-2015, 16:17
In defense of his mom, she has to be 60 or more years older knowing how old RL is. Not easy trying to find a new job. I've heard 40 year olds complain about this.

She has worked at the same place for over 20 years. She is also paid pension - 15K rubles, which is like around 200 euros now, so she is not doing all that bad. But imagine what life is like for her younger colleages without pension and with the salary 15-20K rubles per month and without an apartment of their own. It is worse than slavery, I don't even now how to call this type of miserable existence.

nicklcool
30-11-2015, 18:12
She has worked at the same place for over 20 years. She is also paid pension - 15K rubles, which is like around 200 euros now, so she is not doing all that bad. But imagine what life is like for her younger colleages without pension and with the salary 15-20K rubles per month and without an apartment of their own. It is worse than slavery, I don't even now how to call this type of miserable existence.

I see Moscow Metro driver ads for salaries up to 60k, hell the "escalator lady" want ads show, I think, a 15k salary. Are doctors really this underpaid in Russia? Even in private clinics? And as Wally mentioned, ageism is basically legal in Russia, so yes, I sympathize for your mom. But maybe this is the elderly generation that must be supported by its relatives not the government, much like the current payees into Social Security had better have a bavkup plan, since Government Pensions won't be available for us thanks to the great Ponzi Scheme that paid the first beneficiaries with the money of the current payees.

But this problem is one related to the transition to kapitalism from kommunism, right, not the current corrupt leaders in charge of the economic situation in Russia, right?

Russian Lad
30-11-2015, 19:31
Are doctors really this underpaid in Russia?

Yes.

But this problem is one related to the transition to kapitalism from kommunism, right, not the current corrupt leaders in charge of the economic situation in Russia, right?

Wrong. 24 years have been a plenty of time for such a transition - it took, say, Germany 5-10 years to completely rebuild and move forward even after the devastation of the WW-II. So, this excuse is not valid anymore. It hasn't been valid for the last 10 years minimum. You seem to be perorating from a quicksand fastly sinking in under your feet - whatever you say is easily debunked and refuted. So, my suggestion to you is the same as to Wally - join the winners. I promised not to take prisoners, but conversion is clearly on the table.:) Choose your stance wisely while you still have time. Time is of an essence and it is running out for the kvas patriots as we speak.

Fantastika
30-11-2015, 20:24
I see Moscow Metro driver ads for salaries up to 60k, hell the "escalator lady" want ads show, I think, a 15k salary. Are doctors really this underpaid in Russia? Even in private clinics? And as Wally mentioned, ageism is basically legal in Russia, so yes, I sympathize for your mom. But maybe this is the elderly generation that must be supported by its relatives not the government, much like the current payees into Social Security had better have a bavkup plan, since Government Pensions won't be available for us thanks to the great Ponzi Scheme that paid the first beneficiaries with the money of the current payees.

Russia has a two-tier health-care system. You can either go to the old system, those big hospitals you see, or you can go to a private doctor's office, for close-up personal care and no waiting.

I dunno if there is any difference in the quality of the doctors in the private vs. the public system.

Russian doctors have always been notoriously underpaid. It's part of the culture, I guess. In the German culture, schoolteachers get paid much more than US teachers.

In Russia, and even more in Ukraine, I noticed there is some "corruption" in the medical systems - doctors recommending "treatments" that have no useful medical value (except maybe as placebo effect?), and recommending "operation" when it is not needed. For example, I had a "Baker's Cyst" on my knee, and one doctor at the big hospital suggested operation. No way! I have had these before, and they are so painful you need crutches for a week, but after 4-10 days, it heals itself, and you are good to go. Lucky for me I was just walking by a pharmacy when the cyst broke. I staggered in and luckily, they had crutches.

Of course, this can happen in US, too, I think many operations are not needed, but they are a cash cow for some specialists.

What worries me is quality control for vitamins. Even in US, with 1000's of bureaucrats in FDA, Consumer Reports says the vitamin content in your bottle of vitamins is not what the manufacturer claims, so I don;t know about quality control in Russiya.

Compared to US, the Russian private medical care system is very cheap, so if you get in trouble, don't let anyone take you to the huge bureaucratic hospital and wait half a day (and you'll still have to pay something), get instant service at a private doctor.

bydand
30-11-2015, 20:26
I promised not to take prisoners, but...

Stonecrusher for Andy?

Russian Lad
30-11-2015, 20:35
Stonecrusher for Andy?

Figuratively speaking.:)

Compared to US, the Russian private medical care system is very cheap, so if you get in trouble, don't let anyone take you to the huge bureaucratic hospital and wait half a day (and you'll still have to pay something), get instant service at a private doctor.

Maybe it is cheap by Western standards, but not by the Russian ones.

FatAndy
01-12-2015, 05:30
Figuratively speaking.:)
While we don't have retaliatory psychiatry anymore... tree felling (1-, 3-, 5-year) is the best resort for so called poposition intellectuals and their associates. ;) Heavy physical job, fresh air, nice nature, full board for the state account... :verycool:

Russian Lad
01-12-2015, 10:11
While we don't have retaliatory psychiatry anymore... tree felling (1-, 3-, 5-year) is the best resort for so called poposition intellectuals and their associates. Heavy physical job, fresh air, nice nature, full board for the state account...

Kindly keep the cells warm, comrade, many will be needed indeed... And not necessarily for the group to which you express your disdain and hatred all the time here. Life is so unpredictable and karma is so inevitable.

nicklcool
01-12-2015, 11:04
You seem to be perorating from a quicksand fastly sinking in under your feet - whatever you say is easily debunked and refuted. So, my suggestion to you is the same as to Wally - join the winners. I promised not to take prisoners, but conversion is clearly on the table.:) Choose your stance wisely while you still have time. Time is of an essence and it is running out for the kvas patriots as we speak.

Don't get too excited, RL. The "conditions" for the peaceful revolution you want have existed for more than a year, since when the sanctions began. In fact these conditions are probably stale now, since the ruble has already survived its lowest point. So if the peaceful revolution still hasn't occurred either people actually like Putin and things aren't as bad as you claim, or you're the one person who "gets it" and is surrounded by a sea of ignorant kremlin zombies.

I can't speak for the other "kvas patriots" but I think that yes, the economy is in recession right now and things are rough, and if the Russian people want to protest for or vote in change, more power to them. But the change should happen on their own terms, not with prodding from the West. 60% if not more of the current economic situation in Russia is due to these sanctions, with the West hoping it can squeeze Putin out of office. Why does that please you, that the West might succeed in its aim of determining Eussian domestic politics? I think the Russian people should decide whether they want to keep or vote out Putin; this is their choice, not the EU's or USA's. I think you'd find a lot more people agreeing with you, RL, if you were cheering for Russians' self determination and not cheerleading the West's successful pressure on Eussian domestic affirs.

Russian Lad
01-12-2015, 11:17
60% if not more of the current economic situation in Russia is due to these sanctions

I would say 5% are more likely, but you are welcome to provide sources to support this 60% claim. Hasn't Russia sanctioned the West too, thus attempting to influence the West and to undermine its economy as well? So, what's the problem you are having? You kvas patriots scream "Foul!" when the West imposes sanctions and you scream "Great job, Vladimir!" when the Kremlin imposes sanctions. This is kindergarten.
I believe Russia is Europe (this claim is recently supported by the Russian government, by the way, they are trying to change the tune, but it is all artificial and vain). Again, you seem to fail to discern between those currently in power here and Russia as such. Let me ask you - this new draconian Platon system that has made thousands of Russian truckers angry, it has also been imposed by the West???? Has the West made three Russian biggest state-run television channels keep absolute silence about the massive protests??? You seem to be resorting to cheap and awkward populism and demagoguery. Very soon you will tell us you have seen Obama pissing in a Russian podiezd personally.

Armoured
01-12-2015, 12:23
... and if the Russian people want to protest for or vote in change, more power to them.

That's nice, but completely ignores the fact that attempts to protest are mostly shut-down by means that in most countries would be considered a massive abuse of government power and rights of individuals to protest, including rights in the Russian constitution.

Look at the reporting by non-state television (but domestic) on the truckers' protests: http://www.rbc.ru/politics/30/11/2015/565c10b39a7947aba947671e

Widely reported that traffic police were stopping trucks using basically any and all means from going anywhere outside of their home regions / keep them from getting to Moscow.

And as discussed here or in that other thread, the truckers have real reasons to be upset about this new tax system - apart from money, it's a logistical disaster. (Not that there's anything wrong with them protesting about money, either).

Uncle Wally
01-12-2015, 14:49
That's nice, but completely ignores the fact that attempts to protest are mostly shut-down by means that in most countries would be considered a massive abuse of government power and rights of individuals to protest, including rights in the Russian constitution.

Look at the reporting by non-state television (but domestic) on the truckers' protests: http://www.rbc.ru/politics/30/11/2015/565c10b39a7947aba947671e

Widely reported that traffic police were stopping trucks using basically any and all means from going anywhere outside of their home regions / keep them from getting to Moscow.

And as discussed here or in that other thread, the truckers have real reasons to be upset about this new tax system - apart from money, it's a logistical disaster. (Not that there's anything wrong with them protesting about money, either).

Oh you mean like in America when they used tear gas and rubber bullets shot from armored vehicles right? Maybe you mean send in provocateurs to start trouble, burn and loot?

Or maybe that Occupy Wall Street thing that no US channels were showing until RT reported on it?

bydand
01-12-2015, 14:53
Oh you mean like in America when they used tear gas and rubber bullets shot from armored vehicles right? Maybe you mean send in provocateurs to start trouble, burn and loot?

Or maybe that Occupy Wall Street thing that no US channels were showing until RT reported on it?

What's that got to do with the economic situation in Russia?

Judge
01-12-2015, 15:10
What's that got to do with the economic situation in Russia?

Not much, Wally let's try and keep on topic. .

About the the new truck tax, I've heard that these trucks will now all be monitored, so if any drivers drive longer than they should they will get a fine, and something like every 4 hours they must take a break.....We have all seen on the roads outside of Moscow crashed trucks, many will be down to tiredness, so having less tired truck drivers on the road is a very good thing.

Nobbynumbnuts
01-12-2015, 15:18

About the the new truck tax, I've heard that these trucks will now all be monitored, so if any drivers drive longer than they should they will get a fine, and something like every 4 hours they must take a break.....We have all seen on the roads outside of Moscow crashed trucks, many will be down to tiredness, so having less tired truck drivers on the road is a very good thing.

...fine, and no one can have an issue with such regulation that improves road safety but you haven't addressed the issue of the unfair tax (as the truckers see it) Because one part of a new legislation is right doesn't mean all aspects are (from the truckers view point)

Judge
01-12-2015, 15:24
...fine, and no one can have an issue with such regulation that improves road safety but you haven't addressed the issue of the unfair tax (as the truckers see it) Because one part of a new legislation is right doesn't mean all aspects are (from the truckers view point)

Is it the drivers or the company that pays this new tax?
The money collected will go to maintaining the roads, even building new roads....

Nobbynumbnuts
01-12-2015, 15:53
Is it the drivers or the company that pays this new tax?
The money collected will go to maintaining the roads, even building new roads....

Many truckers are self employed and they will be responsible for the new tax ( 3 rubles 6 kopecks pkm). Further, one of the richest men in Russia, his son's company is getting a commission of 20% to collect the tax.
Because parts of the new legislation are a good idea (limiting drivers time behind the wheel) and the tax, it can be argued, is a fairer distribution of the costs of road maintenance, it's the method of implementation and amount is what the truckers are protesting about.
I think the truckers have every right to be allowed to protest..

Judge
01-12-2015, 15:56
Many truckers are self employed and they will be responsible for the new tax ( 3 rubles 6 kopecks pkm). Further, one of the richest men in Russia, his son's company is getting a commission of 20% to collect the tax.
Because parts of the new legislation are a good idea (limiting drivers time behind the wheel) and the tax, it can be argued, is a fairer distribution of the costs of road maintenance, it's the method of implementation and amount is what the truckers are protesting about.
I think the truckers have every right to be allowed to protest..

Of course, they have the right to protest, any links about this 20% commission. .

Armoured
01-12-2015, 16:00

I presume you believe all of the above are Bad Things. If they're bad in the US, that means they're bad things here, right?

Glad to hear you are also supporting the truckers in their protests, too.

And, like them, receiving direct funding from GosDep.

Armoured
01-12-2015, 16:01
Of course, they have the right to protest, any links about this 20% commission. .

See the link above - apparently they do not have the right to protest.

Judge
01-12-2015, 16:05
See the link above - apparently they do not have the right to protest.

That's the government stopping them, which is a shame ..there laws about protesting, like permission, causing massive traffic jams in Moscow will be more than a headache, maybe if they just stopped working.

Uncle Wally
01-12-2015, 16:06

He mentioned it wouldn't happen in most countries which is a lie. The post was about protesting and I don't think shutting down roads is a good way to go. There are other ways that would be more effective. Like strikes and after so many businesses have problems getting deliveries then more people might join them.

Judge
01-12-2015, 16:11
He mentioned it wouldn't happen in most countries which is a lie. The post was about protesting and I don't think shutting down roads is a good way to go. There are other ways that would be more effective. Like strikes and after so many businesses have problems getting deliveries then more people might join them.

Yes, I stand corrected, I didn't read his post....sure, stopping protests does happen in other countries too.

Nobbynumbnuts
01-12-2015, 16:15

http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2015/11/30/has-putin-met-his-match-in-russias-truck-drivers/

Judge
01-12-2015, 16:19
http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2015/11/30/has-putin-met-his-match-in-russias-truck-drivers/

Thanks,will read it later and other link in Russian...

Fantastika
01-12-2015, 17:09
That's the government stopping them, which is a shame ..there laws about protesting, like permission, causing massive traffic jams in Moscow will be more than a headache, maybe if they just stopped working.

The truckers tried stoppages in the US some time ago. There were lots and lots of p-ed-off motorists, sitting behind blockades by trucks. Truckers never quite regained a good reputation. If the trucker wants to protest, fine. If he wants to block my roads and prevent me from going to buy groceries, or driving to work, then he will get some flat tires!

The system of charging tax by the kilometer, seems like bureaucratic overreach. In the US, Obama and the lunatic environmental fringe keep floating the idea of charging tax, by the mile, for every car. "Cars pollute" (well, just certain designated non-Green cars) so "the polluters must pay," the amount of penalty measured by the amount of environmental damage - how may miles traveled.

Seems to me that Russia, even more so than big, wide countries like US and Canada, is going to be even more dependent on trucks to deliver food and other goods, so the government should not be trying to over-regulate them. Doesn't make anyone more prosperous or help with the distribution of goods.

Fantastika
01-12-2015, 17:19

Oh, good grief! The inkslinger "Paul Roderick Gregory"? Give me a f-ecking break! This brainless Russia-basher never met a Russian he didn't despise. He's another one of your "Putin = Hitler" agenda-driven news-poodles. Russophobic? If you said "Dobrya Dyen" to him, he would run screaming in fright back to the cave that he escaped from. This "by-the-narrative" opinionated twit personally replies to the pro-Russian comments in his comment section. This pontificating pea-brain even wrote to me on my personal e-mail to dispute what I commented about on one of his diatribes.

Russian Lad
01-12-2015, 18:54
many will be down to tiredness, so having less tired truck drivers on the road is a very good thing.

They will keep crashing, only this time from malnutrition and penury and/or because they have saved on the repair of their brakes... :smug: If this new tax is not banned, that is. From what I am reading, both sides are not going to give up. As I understand, if one trucker is working regularly, he will have to pay about 10 thousand dollar per year - this new tax alone. Add possible fines for its violations, intended or unintended, and we are talking about 15-20 thousand dollars minimum for one person. Besides, two other factors irritate them: 1) the tax will be collected by a private firm owned by Rotenberg, a friend of Putin, for a substantial cut in the whole scheme, 2) The system is so raw one cannot even use it, it glitches all the time. It is also bad for us, average consumers, because the prices are going to rise even more if this tax is not banned, so I am in full solidarity with the truckers and am ready to tolerate whatever they decide to do, I still want to afford my rotten chicken wings and my potato peels for the soup. It all must be the tricks Obama and Gosdep are playing on us, right, my kvas friends?
Today in Sakhalin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD8b0kenAZ4

nicklcool
01-12-2015, 21:13
It all must be the tricks Obama and Gosdep are playing on us, right, my kvas friends?
Today in Sakhalin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD8b0kenAZ4

No, this is all fine and homegrown, so long as the USA and EU don't make speeches about it or otherwise stick their noses in it. These protests are all part of Russians' right to self determination.

Uncle Wally
01-12-2015, 21:45
I presume you believe all of the above are Bad Things. If they're bad in the US, that means they're bad things here, right?

Glad to hear you are also supporting the truckers in their protests, too.

And, like them, receiving direct funding from GosDep.

Did hell freeze over?

I agree with you on some of this. But I do not think that Russia is gassing them shooting them, they have softer ways.

Uncle Wally
01-12-2015, 22:03
No, this is all fine and homegrown, so long as the USA and EU don't make speeches about it or otherwise stick their noses in it. These protests are all part of Russians' right to self determination.

Don't worry George Soros as been banned in Russia.

Russian Lad
01-12-2015, 22:43

That's wonderful then - so why are all the biggest state tv channels silent about it as if nothing is happening while thousands of truckers are protesting in all major and many small Russian cities? Aren't they eager to help the truckers in their self-determination efforts? Maybe Obama has forced them to keep silence, he does seem to have long hands?
And the last but not the least - why are Western leaders not allowed to comment on protests in other countries and to express their attitude? Is there a law against that?
P.S. Navalny has issued a rather interesting movie about self-determination efforts of our General Prosecutor Chaika and his children, by the way - mainly in Switzerland and in Greece. A must watch, by all accounts.

Uncle Wally
01-12-2015, 22:59
That's wonderful then - so why are all the biggest state tv channels silent about it as if nothing is happening while thousands of truckers are protesting in all major and many small Russian cities? Aren't they eager to help the truckers in their self-determination efforts? Maybe Obama has forced them to keep silence, he does seem to have long hands?
And the last but not the least - why are Western leaders not allowed to comment on protests in other countries and to express their attitude? Is there a law against that?
P.S. Navalny has issued a rather interesting movie about self-determination efforts of our General Prosecutor Chaika and his children, by the way - mainly in Switzerland and in Greece. A must watch, by all accounts.

Maybe now is not the time? Let Putin save the world first.

Russian Lad
01-12-2015, 23:06
Let Putin save the world first.

I have a completely different take on the saving priorities for the parties indicated in your statement, let me put it this way...

Alan65
01-12-2015, 23:35
RL....protest is not allowed in Russia, go and drink some vodka and forget about it.

Russian Lad
01-12-2015, 23:43
Let's see how it unravels in the coming days. The stakes are high for the truckers, I doubt they will just forget about it.

Fantastika
02-12-2015, 01:39
Let's see how it unravels in the coming days. The stakes are high for the truckers, I doubt they will just forget about it.

RL, the truckers just want a better deal. They don't want to overthrow the government. They know if the government would fall, they would have *no* deal. For example, look at city on Dnieper River.

Russian Lad
02-12-2015, 02:37
RL, the truckers just want a better deal. They don't want to overthrow the government.

They don't want a better deal, they want this Platon system to be fully banned, as I understand. I agree, they don't want what you mentioned, but if you look at history, there is always this stage, all the time - when the demands are only economical at first. So, nothing new here.

For example, look at city on Dnieper River.

They have encountered a lot of unfriendly external factors and influences, let's put it this way. But like I said, the day will come the Russians will envy them. The Russians in the Crimea envy them already - they have electricity, hot water and even Internet, for instance. They envy in silence and with their lights off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5zzn2MJ1wk

Fantastika
02-12-2015, 05:24
They (Kiev) have encountered a lot of unfriendly external factors and influences, let's put it this way. But like I said, the day will come the Russians will envy them. The Russians in the Crimea envy them already - they have electricity, hot water and even Internet, for instance. They envy in silence and with their lights off.

You omitted a couple of facts, didn't you?

The Russians in Crimea not only "envy" them, I think they hold a hearty dislike of Kiev and Kiev's overlords. After all, Kiev turned off their electricity, turned off their hot water and turned off their Internet, and is trying to starve them by banning trucks with food. I think the envy is on the part of Kiev.

Fantastika
02-12-2015, 05:30
They don't want a better deal, they want this Platon system to be fully banned, as I understand. I agree, they don't want what you mentioned, but if you look at history, there is always this stage, all the time - when the demands are only economical at first. So, nothing new here. ]

I dunno, if you look at similar "trucker strikes" in France, and in US, and other places in Europe, usually the government caved, or something less dramatic happened. One similar parallel you might not know about was Jimmy Hoffa's teamsters in the 1950's. They grew so powerful, the government and public was afraid they were going to choke off New York City with their trucks. Jimmy Hoffa disappeared and legend has it his body was disposed of in a "chip machine" - the machine that grinds up tree branches into chips and pulp.

Russian Lad
02-12-2015, 05:35
The Russians in Crimea not only "envy" them, I think they hold a hearty dislike of Kiev and Kiev's overlords. After all, Kiev turned off their electricity, turned off their hot water and turned off their Internet, and is trying to starve them by banning trucks with food. I think the envy is on the part of Kiev.

It is you who are missing something, big time. The Crimea is in the RF since March 2014, do your math - the local residents were promised plentiful supply of electricity if something like that happens, so there is a huge outcry against the local authorities now, not just at Kiev. The moods change, the Русский Мир hasn't turned out to be a paradise. The food blockade - the same, they were promised plenty of cheap supplies from Russia, which, of course, turned out far from being plenty and far from being cheap. And there is a heap of other problems there as well.

I dunno, if you look at similar "trucker strikes" in France, and in US, and other places in Europe, usually the government caved, or something less dramatic happened

Doubt the government will cave here, the stakes are high for them as well, besides, they are not intelligent, they are stubborn, detached from reality, greedy and view these truckers as dirt under their feet, it seems, judging by the silence of the tv stations they fully control. Or as annoying insects. Nothing dramatic may come out of it as yet, but this is the first large-scale workers' protest during His reign. I think others will follow, in other industries. We will not have to wait for long. It is like a snowball rolling down a snow-covered mountain. Like I said a year ago, the tv set is going to lose to the fridge. It is nice to have been right - they have pumped in so much cheap propaganda and boiled it into a hard-core kvas patriotism concoction, but the people still want to eat real food and every day - surprise!:)
Meanwhile, they are busy with some more pressing and more important issues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHMEGyuCmdM

Fantastika
02-12-2015, 06:06
Well, jeez, I'm glad my new house has a basement I can hide in! :)

FatAndy
02-12-2015, 08:09
They have encountered a lot of unfriendly external factors and influences, let's put it this way.
Come on, comrade - Vicky's cookies were very friendly. :)

Fantastika
02-12-2015, 08:42
...the tv set is going to lose to the fridge...

не понял

AstarD
02-12-2015, 09:48
They can't eat propaganda. Inflation and food prices are up. The number of countries whence come produce is shrinking with countersanctions and sanctions. Wages are stagnant. Layoffs are numerous. They can't eat propaganda.

FatAndy
02-12-2015, 09:51
Inflation and food prices are up. Wages are stagnant. Layoffs are numerous.
:agree: :rasta:

Fantastika
02-12-2015, 10:05
They can't eat propaganda. Inflation and food prices are up. The number of countries whence come produce is shrinking with countersanctions and sanctions. Wages are stagnant. Layoffs are numerous. They can't eat propaganda.

OK, панятня, but if RL's hometown can withstand 3 years of NAZI blockade, 1941-1944, where a "good meal" was a shared, boiled piece of shoe leather (small source of protein), then I'm sure they can weather the trucker convoy protest. :)

AstarD
02-12-2015, 11:59
A really good meal was the neighbor's kid, or their own.

Fantastika
02-12-2015, 13:08

Nyeto... what r u eating (drinking)? They were not cannibals (mostly).... I'll never forget that book I read....

nicklcool
02-12-2015, 18:35

No, of course the Western leaders may comment; yes, no law against that. But you're being facetious...it's the George Soros orgs, US-AID, and other nefarious groups that the West can use to influence domestic politics. You've been waiting for the people to rise up RL, but I'm sure you agree it should be homegrown-it should not be a forced movement from the West, as noone is being mass murdered, gulaged, arrested, etc. If things stay or get worse, well, either the people disagree with you that things are getting worse, they are greatly apathetic to their own detriment (this option maybe explains the people who are emigrating from Russia), or I suppose you could say they would need to be "rescued" from authoritarianism by the West...but that "rescue" would come with huge side effects.

For youtmr families' economic sake (higher salaries), and now for theur safety in the event of war, maybe you all sjould move to Moscow?? Now Moscow is protected from missile attacks by anti-satellite missiles (http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russia-conducts-successful-flight-test-of-anti-satellite-missile/)as well ;)

AstarD
02-12-2015, 18:50
Nyeto... what r u eating (drinking)? They were not cannibals (mostly).... I'll never forget that book I read....

Of course not most of them. But there were some cases.

Uncle Wally
02-12-2015, 19:54

Yes very sad what the people of St Pete had to go though because some fascist thought he knew better than everyone else what life should be like. Let's hope it never happens again when one small group of people try to force their ideology on others.

Fantastika
02-12-2015, 21:37
Of course not most of them. But there were some cases.

I guess I did forget that part of the book (out of necessity). One puts the ugly things in a sub-basement of the mind...

Russian Lad
02-12-2015, 22:02
For youtmr families' economic sake (higher salaries), and now for theur safety in the event of war, maybe you all sjould move to Moscow?? Now Moscow is protected from missile attacks by anti-satellite missiles as well

Thank you very much, but if push comes to shove I will move closer to the Finnish border. I have a strong and perpetual dislike for the "rubber village" - maybe because they are sort of necrophilous there - still keep a dead man on dispay downtown, weird people.

No, of course the Western leaders may comment; yes, no law against that. But you're being facetious...it's the George Soros orgs, US-AID, and other nefarious groups that the West can use to influence domestic politics.

As I understand Soros is banned in Russia, so you are safe from him. This recent truckers protest is fully "home-grown", just as you like it, so let's enjoy it together. The truckers issue has been discussed cautiously for ten minutes today on Rossiya24, the government is not going to cancel Platon or to offer a significant cut for the price, which is excellent news - the show must go on.

Nobbynumbnuts
02-12-2015, 23:04
Looks like oil is heading lower once again...

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/01/us-crude-oil-prices-dip-after-unexpected-rise-in-stockpiles.html

Oil ends below $40 a barrel for first time since Aug. 26Oil prices fell 4.6 percent on Wednesday after U.S. government data showed a 10th straight week in crude builds, but traders cautioned of volatility ahead of this week's OPEC meeting from suggestions of any production cuts.

Crude also hit session lows, breaking below $40 a barrel, after the release of the Fed's Beige Book.

The dollar's surge to 12-year highs after pro-rate hike comments by U.S. Federal Reserve Chairperson Janet Yellen also weighed on oil and other dollar-denominated commodities, as it makes them less affordable to those holding the euro and other currencies.

U.S. crude oil inventories rose 1.2 million barrels last week, for a tenth straight week on higher imports and in spite of a jump in refining rates that also boosted stocks of gasoline and distillates, data from the Energy Information Administration (EIA) showed.

"It is another data point pointing to a continued glut in the U.S. markets for oil as production declines remain stubborn even with oil prices hovering at current levels for a significant amount of time now," Chris Jarvis, analyst at Caprock Risk Management in Frederick, Maryland said.

Inventories at the Cushing, Oklahoma, delivery hub for U.S. crude futures accounted for a third of the build, rising 428,000 barrels, the EIA reported.

Brent was down $1.85, or 4.16 percent, at $42.58 a barrel by 2:36 p.m. EDT, falling for a fifth consecutive session.
U.S. crude settled $1.91 lower, or 4.6 percent, at $39.94 a barrel.

Both benchmarks had raced into positive territory earlier on Wednesday, reacting to a headline from Tehran's oil ministry news agency Shana that a majority of OPEC members agree on output cuts.

But prices fell back rapidly as the report also said Saudi Arabia, the kingpin in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, and other Persian Gulf Arab member countries of OPEC were not agreeable to the reductions.

In spite a global supply glut, most traders expect OPEC at its Friday meeting in Vienna to endorse its decision from last year to pump oil vigorously to protect its market share from non-members like United States and Russia.

Only a few OPEC members, such as Venezuela and Iran, are hoping for output cuts to stabilize crude prices which have tumbled from highs above $100 a barrel in June 2014.

"The market is vulnerable to short covering spikes if anything unexpected on OPEC comes out," said Peter Donovan, broker at Liquidity Energy in New York.

Beyond OPEC's meeting, oil traders remained focused on growing stockpiles and high production.

Russia continued extracting oil at a post-Soviet record of 10.78 million barrels a day (bpd) in November despite low oil prices, Energy Ministry data showed on Wednesday.

Low oil prices in combination with high debt levels are putting heavy pressure on corporate energy earnings.

"The global oil and gas sector is heavily indebted, with upstream companies holding about $1.1 trillion in dollar-denominated corporate bonds and loans," BMI Research said.

"While the current debt load does not pose a systemic threat to the industry, a pullback in low-cost financing will be a necessary precursor to the broader rebalancing of the physical oil market."

Many analysts are skeptical of oil prices recovering into 2016.

"We maintain our bearish or sideway move in oil prices in the next 2-3 months as things haven't really changed fundamentally, despite data showing a decline in stocks builds by end of next year," Natixis oil analyst Abhishek Deshpande told the Reuters Global Oil Forum.

Fantastika
02-12-2015, 23:14

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/01/us-crude-oil-prices-dip-after-unexpected-rise-in-stockpiles.html

Oil ends below $40 a barrel for first time since Aug. 26Oil prices fell 4.6 percent on Wednesday after U.S. government data showed a 10th straight week in crude builds, but traders cautioned of volatility ahead of this week's OPEC meeting from suggestions of any production cuts....

I was paying $3/gallon a few months ago, now it's $1.85, and at another town in Kansas, it's $1.49...Waahoo!

fenrir
02-12-2015, 23:34

Oil ends below $40 a barrel for first time since Aug. 26Oil prices fell 4.6 percent on Wednesday after U.S. government data showed a 10th straight week in crude builds, but traders cautioned of volatility ahead of this week's OPEC meeting from suggestions of any production cuts.

Crude also hit session lows, breaking below $40 a barrel, after the release of the Fed's Beige Book.

The dollar's surge to 12-year highs after pro-rate hike comments by U.S. Federal Reserve Chairperson Janet Yellen also weighed on oil and other dollar-denominated commodities, as it makes them less affordable to those holding the euro and other currencies.

U.S. crude oil inventories rose 1.2 million barrels last week, for a tenth straight week on higher imports and in spite of a jump in refining rates that also boosted stocks of gasoline and distillates, data from the Energy Information Administration (EIA) showed.

"It is another data point pointing to a continued glut in the U.S. markets for oil as production declines remain stubborn even with oil prices hovering at current levels for a significant amount of time now," Chris Jarvis, analyst at Caprock Risk Management in Frederick, Maryland said.

Inventories at the Cushing, Oklahoma, delivery hub for U.S. crude futures accounted for a third of the build, rising 428,000 barrels, the EIA reported.

Brent was down $1.85, or 4.16 percent, at $42.58 a barrel by 2:36 p.m. EDT, falling for a fifth consecutive session.

Both benchmarks had raced into positive territory earlier on Wednesday, reacting to a headline from Tehran's oil ministry news agency Shana that a majority of OPEC members agree on output cuts.

But prices fell back rapidly as the report also said Saudi Arabia, the kingpin in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, and other Persian Gulf Arab member countries of OPEC were not agreeable to the reductions.

In spite a global supply glut, most traders expect OPEC at its Friday meeting in Vienna to endorse its decision from last year to pump oil vigorously to protect its market share from non-members like United States and Russia.

Only a few OPEC members, such as Venezuela and Iran, are hoping for output cuts to stabilize crude prices which have tumbled from highs above $100 a barrel in June 2014.

"The market is vulnerable to short covering spikes if anything unexpected on OPEC comes out," said Peter Donovan, broker at Liquidity Energy in New York.

Beyond OPEC's meeting, oil traders remained focused on growing stockpiles and high production.

Russia continued extracting oil at a post-Soviet record of 10.78 million barrels a day (bpd) in November despite low oil prices, Energy Ministry data showed on Wednesday.

Low oil prices in combination with high debt levels are putting heavy pressure on corporate energy earnings.

"The global oil and gas sector is heavily indebted, with upstream companies holding about $1.1 trillion in dollar-denominated corporate bonds and loans," BMI Research said.

"While the current debt load does not pose a systemic threat to the industry, a pullback in low-cost financing will be a necessary precursor to the broader rebalancing of the physical oil market."

"We maintain our bearish or sideway move in oil prices in the next 2-3 months as things haven't really changed fundamentally, despite data showing a decline in stocks builds by end of next year," Natixis oil analyst Abhishek Deshpande told the Reuters Global Oil Forum.

But Wally said it was going up to $80 again and that the Russian economy has already recovered from the sanctions. What's up with that BS?

Carl
02-12-2015, 23:40
I was paying $3/gallon a few months ago, now it's $1.85, and at another town in Kansas, it's $1.49...Waahoo!

How's the price in Russia reacted over the past year? Has it also decreased in price as the price of oil has reduced?

bydand
03-12-2015, 00:22
How's the price in Russia reacted over the past year? Has it also decreased in price as the price of oil has reduced?

NO.

Fantastika
03-12-2015, 00:27

In most "advanced" countries, the local, state and federal bureaucrats pile on so many taxes it doesn't make much difference what the real cost is...

Uncle Wally
03-12-2015, 11:11
Brent is up today at $43

AstarD
03-12-2015, 11:45
The Russian budget is geared for $50 per barrel minimum.

Russian Lad
03-12-2015, 11:55
Brent is up today at $43

A great price.:)

fenrir
03-12-2015, 12:32
Brent is up today at $43

Considering you predicted it would rise to 80, that is nothing to be happy about. You are a little over half right.

fenrir
03-12-2015, 12:51
Brent is up today at $43

Remember your comments about people laughing in cafes and how Russia has already beaten the sanctions and recovered? Well, read the link below and weep.

Russians Turn to Bartering in Economic Recession

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russians-turn-to-bartering-in-economic-recession/551457.html

Uncle Wally
03-12-2015, 13:00
Remember your comments about people laughing in cafes and how Russia has already beaten the sanctions and recovered? Well, read the link below and weep.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russians-turn-to-bartering-in-economic-recession/551457.html

Hey thanks for the article! Great to see Russians using inventive ways to beat the repressive and aggressive sanctions of the USofA!

Russian Lad
03-12-2015, 13:27
Wonder if Wally will end up trading his furniture for a bottle of vodka and his clothing iron for three cans of sardines. :party: Come on, Wally, the time is ripe for you to get inventive.:)

AstarD
03-12-2015, 13:28
Hey thanks for the article! Great to see Russians using inventive ways to beat the repressive and aggressive sanctions of the USofA!Seriously, which sanctions would that be that would affect the ordinary Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov? All of the US sanctions are against a select group of individuals and state companies.

Alan65
03-12-2015, 14:02
Inventive - I thought bartering went out with the introduction of money a few thousand years ago.

Uncle Wally
03-12-2015, 14:31
Wonder if Wally will end up trading his furniture for a bottle of vodka and his clothing iron for three cans of sardines. :party: Come on, Wally, the time is ripe for you to get inventive.:)

I don't have any furniture or an iron! Oh what will I do!?

FatAndy
03-12-2015, 14:38

Ouch, the reputable independent media again! Weak and whining...
The sausage re-emigrant Anna Dolgov should marry (or at least hire) RL, he's more creative in adding hell and trash in comments :rasta:

Uncle Wally
03-12-2015, 14:51
Ouch, the reputable independent media again! Weak and whining...
The sausage re-emigrant Anna Dolgov should marry (or at least hire) RL, he's more creative in adding hell and trash in comments :rasta:

Yeah RL is very colorful! He should write a book! Now that he won't be getting any of George Sorros money. He could use some more cash.

Russian Lad
03-12-2015, 20:09
I don't have any furniture or an iron! Oh what will I do!?

I told you already - join the winners to come. Gosdep is going to provide cookies, other foodstuffs, booze and girls and what not. We can make a career together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE4LWwn6gkY

Fantastika
03-12-2015, 20:34
Inventive - I thought bartering went out with the introduction of money a few thousand years ago.

That was BB

Before Bureaucrats, found out they could live high on the hog by putting their pudgy hands in the middle of the transaction. Taking most of your money, calling it "tax fairness."

Uncle Wally
03-12-2015, 20:47
I told you already - join the winners to come. Gosdep is going to provide cookies, other foodstuffs, booze and girls and what not. We can make a career together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE4LWwn6gkY

No sadly I can't. I am now skeptical of my old evil ways and want to stand up for what is right and good. Besides I have girls and vodka is cheep! Thanks for the kind offer though.

Russian Lad
03-12-2015, 21:13
want to stand up for what is right and good.

Well, I think you have made a wrong choice, for two reasons - what and whom you stand for don't seem to be particularly right or good and secondly, you will lose. Euro - 74 and counting, by the way...

Uncle Wally
03-12-2015, 21:36
Well, I think you have made a wrong choice, for two reasons - what and whom you stand for don't seem to be particularly right or good and secondly, you will lose. Euro - 74 and counting, by the way...

Sorry but I have found my expenses have dropped considerably. You see one of my Russian friends has given me a flat to stay in for free! That's right he wants to sell it but wants to do a remont first so he said I could stay here for at least the next six months free of charge. I think this is because of good karma.

Russian Lad
03-12-2015, 23:13
Sorry but I have found my expenses have dropped considerably. You see one of my Russian friends has given me a flat to stay in for free! That's right he wants to sell it but wants to do a remont first so he said I could stay here for at least the next six months free of charge. I think this is because of good karma.

Many things will change in this country in six months.

Fantastika
04-12-2015, 00:02

Wonder what the Euro will do when the Saudi terrorists attack Berlin? And they will, because Germany has committed troops to the fight in Syria.

Russian Lad
04-12-2015, 06:04
Wonder what the Euro will do when the Saudi terrorists attack Berlin? And they will, because Germany has committed troops to the fight in Syria.

Has Euro suffered after the attack on Paris?

Judge
04-12-2015, 08:15
The situation can only improve,
According to the President, Russia is now an exporter, not an importer of food.

"Ten years ago, we imported almost half of the food from abroad, and were dependent on imports. Now Russia is among the exporters. Last year, Russian exports of agricultural products amounted to almost $20 billion - a quarter more than the revenue from the sale of arms, or one-third the revenue coming from gas exports," he said.
Putin wants Russia to become world's biggest exporter of Non-GMO food https://www.rt.com/business/324605-russia-putin-healthy-food/

Russian Lad
04-12-2015, 12:19
The situation can only improve,
According to the President, Russia is now an exporter, not an importer of food.

"Ten years ago, we imported almost half of the food from abroad, and were dependent on imports. Now Russia is among the exporters. Last year, Russian exports of agricultural products amounted to almost $20 billion - a quarter more than the revenue from the sale of arms, or one-third the revenue coming from gas exports," he said.
Putin wants Russia to become world's biggest exporter of Non-GMO food https://www.rt.com/business/324605-russia-putin-healthy-food/

Right, whatever.

Suuryaa
04-12-2015, 12:27

I hope it will!

Judge
04-12-2015, 13:07
Right, whatever.
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news..

Judge
04-12-2015, 13:13
I hope it will!

With the Russian ban in place, should be.
http://www.mintpressnews.com/worlds-largest-country-russia-bans-gmo-food-crops/210085/

Here there's a big demand for homegrown farmers food(people enjoy their dacha grown food,part of the way of life ), lots of these farm food places opening up,and the prices for some goods is reasonable, before the ban on EU food,such food was on the expensive side,now roughly the same, even cheaper for some products like milk,cottage cheese and kefir,also it's 10 times tastier and healthier. .

Uncle Wally
04-12-2015, 14:40

Brent at $44

Oil seems to be going up not down.

Nobbynumbnuts
04-12-2015, 16:11
:winking:

Suuryaa
04-12-2015, 17:09

I hope this will motivate businessmen's interest in clean sources of energy!

Uncle Wally
04-12-2015, 17:11

Do you know the difference between oils?

Brent $44 today.

Uncle Wally
04-12-2015, 17:16
I hope this will motivate businessmen's interest in clean sources of energy!

Just the opposite. The cheaper oil gets the less incentive businessmen have for finding alternative energy.

AstarD
04-12-2015, 17:54
Do you know the difference between oils?

Brent $44 today.
But Russia doesn't produce or sell Brent. It produces and sells Urals.

fenrir
04-12-2015, 18:39
Brent at $44

Oil seems to be going up not down.

You said it would be 80. What's up with that?

Fantastika
04-12-2015, 19:14

I don't get it. Russia sells mountains?

AstarD
04-12-2015, 19:19
I don't get it. Russia sells mountains?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urals_oil

Fantastika
04-12-2015, 19:48
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urals_oil

I will donate $35 to Wikipedia if someone else will match it...

Fantastika
04-12-2015, 20:24
I will donate $35 to Wikipedia if someone else will match it...

Guess I killed that thread. :)

Nobbynumbnuts
04-12-2015, 20:28
WTI (West Texas Intermediate) & Brent follow a very similar oil price pattern...................even a plonker would know that!! :winking:

Uncle Wally
04-12-2015, 21:20

And that is the same price as Brent.

Uncle Wally
04-12-2015, 21:25
WTI (West Texas Intermediate) & Brent follow a very similar oil price pattern...................even a plonker would know that!! :winking:

Excuse me but do you really have that much fun being rude and inaccurate on forums?

When you write stuff like that are you thinking " Gee if only my mom could see me now!"

fenrir
04-12-2015, 22:12
Anyone else here notice how the king of inaccurate (read: total fail) predictions keeps failing to respond to his earlier predictions of 80 for oil? Maybe his vodka ration has been increased.

Uncle Wally
04-12-2015, 22:50
Anyone else here notice how the king of inaccurate (read: total fail) predictions keeps failing to respond to his earlier predictions of 80 for oil? Maybe his vodka ration has been increased.

What do you mean "ration"? I'll let you know that after only 6 days in my new flat I am already on a first name basis with people in the vodka store! They really liked when I told them how bad America is and how the US has been supporting terrorist.

fenrir
04-12-2015, 23:36
What do you mean "ration"? I'll let you know that after only 6 days in my new flat I am already on a first name basis with people in the vodka store! They really liked when I told them how bad America is and how the US has been supporting terrorist.

I have no doubt. Locals always love a Benedict Arnold. They will just never trust a turncoat. They know that if you are soulless enough to betray your own Fatherland, you can betray anything or anyone else. It's part of the Russian soul you want to explore so much. Congrats! You will never be truly trusted by any of those you meet.

Nobbynumbnuts
05-12-2015, 00:19
.....They will just never trust a turncoat. They know that if you are soulless enough to betray your own Fatherland, you can betray anything or anyone else......

..ain't that the truth :smug:

Fantastika
05-12-2015, 02:36
The corrupt "51st US State" of Puerto Rico has been creating its own bankruptcy laws. The aim of this is to "restructure its debt." In other words, if you bought Puerto Rico bonds and are expecting to repaid, with a few % interest, too, forgetaboutit.

Puerto Rico has been giving creditors a "haircut" as the Ukrainians say, or raising the middle finger to investors, and not repaying anything, not a kopek. They are "writing off" the debt. The investor can see his entire sum of money vanish into a Puerto Rican bureaucratic hole.

Now the US courts have stepped in and stopped these write-offs, temporarily.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/supreme-court-to-examine-puerto-rico-effort-to-restructure-some-debts-1449256927

Personally, I am sick and tired of supporting, with my tax dollars, this corrupt territory. Time for Puerto Rico to be independent!

Nobbynumbnuts
05-12-2015, 03:14
Makes very grim reading indeed, Goldman Sachs predicting oil could fall to $20 a barrel...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/12033696/Paralysed-Opec-pleads-for-allies-as-oil-price-crumbles.html

nicklcool
05-12-2015, 07:45
Makes very grim reading indeed, Goldman Sachs predicting oil could fall to $20 a barrel...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/12033696/Paralysed-Opec-pleads-for-allies-as-oil-price-crumbles.html

Nobby I saw a few articles on this, the idea is that the big players like Saudia Arabia Russia and OPEC are trying to squeeze the Americans out of the market. This article addresses tgat in one paragraph and makes it sound like they're having no success while others state that the US homegrown oil industry is really suffering due to the supply glut. It sounds like Russia and the others are taking a long term view; short term price pain for long term market share. So which articles are right; is the US industy suffering or surviving being shoved out of the game? Yeesh you can never know whom to believe- where can you find objective reporting these days!?

Uncle Wally
05-12-2015, 07:57
I have no doubt. Locals always love a Benedict Arnold. They will just never trust a turncoat. They know that if you are soulless enough to betray your own Fatherland, you can betray anything or anyone else. It's part of the Russian soul you want to explore so much. Congrats! You will never be truly trusted by any of those you meet.

Funny you use the term "Fatherland" wasn't it the Nazi who used that term? I like to think of it as the Motherland my self. The guy who preachers about staying true to America from Estonia? Who vacations in Crimea with his Russian wife wants to lecture me? I'll say this, the longer you live outside the US the less Americans will trust you and the more your culture will change so when and if you ever decide to go back Americans will look at you as a foreigner.

But let's get this straight, your saying that no matter what evil the government of my former country is involved in I should support that? No matter what laws they break domestic or international I should just follow along? And you call me soulless? It's people like you which causes me to have little faith in humanity.

Uncle Wally
05-12-2015, 08:00
Nobby I saw a few articles on this, the idea is that the big players like Saudia Arabia Russia and OPEC are trying to squeeze the Americans out of the market. This article addresses tgat in one paragraph and makes it sound like they're having no success while others state that the US homegrown oil industry is really suffering due to the supply glut. It sounds like Russia and the others are taking a long term view; short term price pain for long term market share. So which articles are right; is the US industy suffering or surviving being shoved out of the game? Yeesh you can never know whom to believe- where can you find objective reporting these days!?

You know that when he says "grim" he means happy.

Judge
05-12-2015, 08:44
You know that when he says "grim" he means happy.

It does make for a very grim read for some OPEC countries..
More info here, http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/03/oil-prices-and-budgetsthe-opec-countries-most-at-risk.html
Oil wasn't always over a $100, just when the world economy was booming before 2008 and a bit after. Low oil prices will push Russia to be less dependant on oil and gas , something many OPEC countries can't do..
The the US shale drillers are drowning in debt another bubble ready to go pop,also, with the ruble devalued ,good news for Russian exporters who get paid in $ and €..

Judge
05-12-2015, 09:42

Big protest on the MKAD yesterday, lame excuse was given, something about limiting traffic to Moscow to prepare for the 9th of May parade. .:agree:
Good luck to the truckers, these guys are a big part of the backbone of Russia..
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/world/europe/russian-truckers-protest-tolls.html?_r=0

Nobbynumbnuts
05-12-2015, 10:09
Big protest on the MKAD yesterday, lame excuse was given, something about limiting traffic to Moscow to prepare for the 9th of May parade. .:agree:
Good luck to the truckers, these guys are the backbone of Russia..
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/world/europe/russian-truckers-protest-tolls.html?_r=0

PMSL...The Putin controlled press!:
http://tass.ru/moskva/2494462
"Traffic limit in Moscow in December because of the preparation for the parade May 9, 2016"

fenrir
05-12-2015, 17:15
Funny you use the term "Fatherland" wasn't it the Nazi who used that term? I like to think of it as the Motherland my self. The guy who preachers about staying true to America from Estonia? Who vacations in Crimea with his Russian wife wants to lecture me? I'll say this, the longer you live outside the US the less Americans will trust you and the more your culture will change so when and if you ever decide to go back Americans will look at you as a foreigner.

But let's get this straight, your saying that no matter what evil the government of my former country is involved in I should support that? No matter what laws they break domestic or international I should just follow along? And you call me soulless? It's people like you which causes me to have little faith in humanity.

The word fatherland goes back to Ancient Greece and more than 2 dozen countries use the term.

As usual, you either totally misunderstand the topic at hand or are intentionally misdirecting it. There is a huge difference between 'staying true to America' and turning into a total anti-American traitor who claims to have burned his passport and has wished death on everyone back home.

nicklcool
07-12-2015, 17:21
The dollar is almost back at seventy rubles, does this make you :) , :'( , or confused?

Russian Lad
07-12-2015, 17:46
The dollar is almost back at seventy rubles, does this make you :) , :'( , or confused?

Let's wait till it is 100, nothing really to discuss at the moment...:yawn2:

Uncle Wally
07-12-2015, 18:23
Let's wait till it is 100, nothing really to discuss at the moment...:yawn2:

And if it goes the other way will you cry?

nicklcool
07-12-2015, 18:26

Right now RL may be so happy he peed his pants!

Russian Lad
07-12-2015, 18:45
Right now RL may be so happy he peed his pants!

Envy in silence, comrade.:party:

All the way back down to 30? Then I will realize I somehow got inside Wally's drunken and oblivious dream he usually has after a liter of vodka.

Uncle Wally
07-12-2015, 22:12
Envy in silence, comrade.:party:

All the way back down to 30? Then I will realize I somehow got inside Wally's drunken and oblivious dream he usually has after a liter of vodka.

I wish I was man enough to drink a liter. How wicked our mind can be as we get old and our mind closes. How selfish we get as the pain of old age sets in. Sad that we no longer mean so much and are discounted by the young, oh so sad growing old! I have seen too much and there for think I know everything but yet I can not understand the young and the things they do as they try to change the world THEY live in. Oh oh oh. If people would just listen to me! Oh the world we live in would be so nice!

RL you f**king whine out loud! So much that people are getting f**king sick of it! Grab yourself by the balls and take control of your own life! Nobody cares about you except for your mommy. Welcome to the capitalist world you dream of.

fenrir
07-12-2015, 22:34
An interesting angle on the situation between Russia and Turkey.

Russian sanctions on Turkey cut both ways, European bank finds

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Energy-Industry/2015/12/07/Russian-sanctions-on-Turkey-cut-both-ways-European-bank-finds/7461449490588/

Russian Lad
07-12-2015, 23:06
I wish I was man enough to drink a liter. How wicked our mind can be as we get old and our mind closes. How selfish we get as the pain of old age sets in. Sad that we no longer mean so much and are discounted by the young, oh so sad growing old! I have seen too much and there for think I know everything but yet I can not understand the young and the things they do as they try to change the world THEY live in. Oh oh oh. If people would just listen to me! Oh the world we live in would be so nice!

RL you f**king whine out loud! So much that people are getting f**king sick of it! Grab yourself by the balls and take control of your own life! Nobody cares about you except for your mommy. Welcome to the capitalist world you dream of.

Poor Wally. Adulterated vodka again I reckon.:smug: Wally, your side is losing as we speak... Brent - 41.20, dollar - 69.46, thousands of truckers protesting like on every corner all over the country and Rossiya24 reporting on the huge progress in the Russian nanotechnology and robotics as well as on other outstanding achievements. They are so detached from reality I sometimes think some of them drink with you in the evening after they are done with the lies they do for a living. Poor Wally and the kvas patriots crew. Such a bunch of uninsightful people.:smug:

Russian sanctions on Turkey cut both ways

They cut Russia 300% more I was reading, for various reasons (not to mention the billions of USD Russia has wasted on the Turkish pipe dream - no pun intended) - this project was clearly a Utopia and I said so from the start, wonder what sort of losers they have for analysts there. I guess the new gas pipeline to Europe will face the same fate - billions of USD wasted again - at least it looks this way now that 10 major EU countries have said they are against it. The Turks may also close the Bosphorus - now they don't even have to look for a pretext, it has been kindly provided - I am referring to this PZR-wielding gentleman. Doom and gloom ahead, all according to the plan.
Oh, well, a song for poor Wally&his motley kvas crew then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ift8T7eVEo

Russian Lad
08-12-2015, 17:08
Brent 40, dollar - 70, euro - 76... What a mess.:)

Nobbynumbnuts
08-12-2015, 17:25
Brent 40, dollar - 70, euro - 76... What a mess.:)

You beat me to it. How low can it all go??

Russian Lad
08-12-2015, 17:31
30-100-120?:) But something has to snap a bit more for that to happen.:) Turkey is considering its own sanctions against Russia I am reading. Time to shut down the Bosphorus?

Judge
08-12-2015, 17:43
30-100-120?:) But something has to snap a bit more for that to happen.:) Turkey is considering its own sanctions against Russia I am reading. Time to shut down the Bosphorus?

Nothing needs to snap, if they keep pumping oil at the rate they are then oil will head south ,like the article Nobby posted the other day,this is cos they are running out of storage space, $20 will shut down the shale drillers completely. .if oil does hit $ 20 it should stay that way for a few weeks before going back to around $50, which then will see the shale drillers pumping again and then the game continues.

Nobbynumbnuts
08-12-2015, 17:50
Nothing needs to snap, if they keep pumping oil at the rate they are then oil will head south ,like the article Nobby posted the other day,this is cos they are running out of storage space, $20 will shut down the shale drillers completely. .if oil does hit $ 20 it should stay that way for a few weeks before going back to around $50, which then will see the shale drillers pumping again and then the game continues.

Bosphorus won't get shut down. That would be an act of war by Turkey on Russia.
Don't know where oil is heading but with China slowing and too much oil being pumped prices can't rise by much. There's so much oil in storage that even if OPEC reduced the amount being pumped, prices won't increase much

nicklcool
08-12-2015, 17:53

Right, the articles literally say that OPEC and Russia are flooding the market with oil to try to squeeze the American frackers out. ...but a certain crowd thonks the oil price is lowering due to alternative ennergy sources squeezing out fossil fuels LMAO

Nobbynumbnuts
08-12-2015, 17:59
Right, the articles literally say that OPEC and Russia are flooding the market with oil to try to squeeze the American frackers out. ...but a certain crowd thonks the oil price is lowering due to alternative ennergy sources squeezing out fossil fuels LMAO

Did i ever say that?

nicklcool
08-12-2015, 18:29
Did i ever say that?

No , nobby, not you, but plenty of Americans do [hope this will happen will hypocritically driving big cars and using carbon-creating coal generated electricity]. And a few members in the 'economic situation in Russia' thread have said they think Russia's long term prospects are poor in part because within a few decades alternative energy sources will replace fossil fuels as the dominant energy source.

Russian Lad
08-12-2015, 18:35
if oil does hit $ 20 it should stay that way for a few weeks

So, how much would the dollar cost in such a scenario, during those hypothetical few weeks? 120 rubles? 150?:) You think the Russian economy is made of very elastic rubber perhaps?:smug:

Nobbynumbnuts
08-12-2015, 18:50
No , nobby, not you, but plenty of Americans do [hope this will happen will hypocritically driving big cars and using carbon-creating coal generated electricity]. And a few members in the 'economic situation in Russia' thread have said they think Russia's long term prospects are poor in part because within a few decades alternative energy sources will replace fossil fuels as the dominant energy source.

Not sure about the prospects for alternative energy sources. I don't have a crystal ball but it's quite possible that advances in greener alternatives could begin to have an impact on oil prices in a few decades. It won't replaced it in my life time but who knows?

TolkoRaz
08-12-2015, 19:09
Bosphorus won't get shut down. That would be an act of war by Turkey on Russia.

It would be an Act of War on all - It is an international water way!

Russian Lad
08-12-2015, 19:40

Is there an international law that clearly states exactly that? I don't know, maybe there is. If they can destroy fighter jets with impunity, why shutting down the Bosphorus would be any different? I don't know the answers, I am genuinely curious.:) Hypothetically, there may be a situation in which they would claim they have been provoked to do that or did it in self-defence, so is there an international law that clearly states it would be an act of war? After all, once you twist and bend the international law in many hybrid ways in your favor and think everyone around you is a stupid idiot, what guarantees do you have you will not be dished out the same thing by some stronger nations or the nations from a big alliance? Maybe behaving like your teeth grow as fast as your nails is not the best course of action to pursue? Sadly, I am asking many of those questions in retrospect now, after the fait accomplis.

Nobbynumbnuts
08-12-2015, 19:45

It's more complicated than that. Under the Montreux Convention (1936). Turkey has the the right to close the straits to naval traffic of non-Black Sea states. So not really an international waterway in the true sense of the meaning.

TolkoRaz
08-12-2015, 20:17
It's more complicated than that. Under the Montreux Convention (1936). Turkey has the the right to close the straits to naval traffic of non-Black Sea states. So not really an international waterway in the true sense of the meaning.

Are you sure? Have a you a link? My understanding was that they had to keep it open irrespective of the traffic using it....

Anyway, the RF is a Black Sea state, but the US of A are not! :)

Nobbynumbnuts
08-12-2015, 20:25
Are you sure? Have a you a link? My understanding was that they had to keep it open irrespective of the traffic using it....

Anyway, the RF is a Black Sea state, but the US of A are not! :)

Just look up the Montreux Convention or check WIKI. Clearly states they have to keep it open to naval traffic from Black Sea states only. If they closed it to Russia that would be in effect an act of war

Judge
08-12-2015, 21:09
So, how much would the dollar cost in such a scenario, during those hypothetical few weeks? 120 rubles? 150?:) You think the Russian economy is made of very elastic rubber perhaps?:smug:

Dunno exactly, the ruble will slide, how much is anyone's guess.
$20 a barrel will of course be tough for Russia, all depends how long it stays that low,Russia can cope with a low price ..