PDA

View Full Version : economic situation in russia

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

FatAndy
05-03-2015, 19:50
No I have no gold teeth. Never liked the look of it.
In some cases golden teeth are better than ceramics, because the golden alloy is softer, but at the same time is hard enough to keep the form.

Uncle Wally
05-03-2015, 20:31
In some cases golden teeth are better than ceramics, because the golden alloy is softer, but at the same time is hard enough to keep the form.

Looks tacky. If I want yellow teeth I'll just stop brushing.

Russian Lad
05-03-2015, 20:41
Looks tacky.

It is nice to agree with Wally on a rare occasion.:)
Besides, Andy, our dear leader strongly disapproves this, you better pay attention:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSAGUkFkbFk

Uncle Wally
05-03-2015, 20:53
It is nice to agree with Wally on a rare occasion.:)
Besides, Andy, our dear leader strongly disapproves this, you better pay attention:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSAGUkFkbFk

Strangely after thinking about it a little I now feel FatAndy is right. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to fix my front tooth I got knocked out and I'll be asking about a shiny ✨ gold tooth.

Russian Lad
05-03-2015, 21:09
I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to fix my front tooth I got knocked out and I'll be asking about a shiny ✨ gold tooth.

We cannot really stop you if you aspire to be transformed into a real russkie gopnik, can we?:) This golden tooth must be retrievable - so that, when you have a bitter argument with other gopniks, you could smile showing it and then take it out and put it back in for emphasis, to intimidate your opponents.

Uncle Wally
05-03-2015, 21:15
We cannot really stop you if you aspire to be transformed into a real russkie gopnik, can we?:) For emphasis, this golden tooth must be retrievable - so that, when you have a bitter argument with other gopniks, you could smile showing it and then take it out and put it back in for emphasis, to intimidate your opponents.

You have a point there. I started growing my hair again so I don't look like a Ukrainian migrant worker.

bydand
05-03-2015, 22:26
Strangely after thinking about it a little I now feel FatAndy is right. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to fix my front tooth I got knocked out and I'll be asking about a shiny ✨ gold tooth.

If you get one, don't go to Ukronazi Ukraine.

You might hear Ukrokommandant order "Get off ze train!... Show me your teef!:brush:

Uncle Wally
05-03-2015, 22:57

You might hear Ukrokommandant order "Get off ze train!... Show me your teef!:brush:

If I go to Ukraine I will be heavily armed, and no Ukronazi is going to stop me. In fact he better run.

Russian Lad
05-03-2015, 23:55
If I go to Ukraine I will be heavily armed, and no Ukronazi is going to stop me. In fact he better run.

What is stopping you, old sport? As I understand, volunteers are gladly accepted in DNR (whisper: and vodka is free there!).:watching: Show us all you are not a sissy.:) You would be an extremely valuable volunteer, maybe even a celebrity - an American on our side, eat this, you stupid Obama!:) The only invonvenience that I see at the moment - your sparkling golden tooth will be a conspicous mark for snipers on the battlefield on a sunny day. But that's yet another reason to make the tooth retrievable - you can safely keep it in your pocket when engaged in a deadly combat with the junta Ukronazi, and you can put it back in afterwards for victorious photoshoots and in-depth interviews to RT and Rossiya24 propagandists. Go make some history, Wally, I can hear the drums thumping for you. Or is it the bells tolling? You never know.

FatAndy
06-03-2015, 10:35
It's his f@$#%ed business, I think. But feel free to follow him or take poposition ;)

FatAndy
06-03-2015, 10:45

Well see what a prophet you are, and, I'm afraid, rather soon...

fenrir
06-03-2015, 11:48
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russia-s-gazprom-asks-government-for-financial-aid-report-says/517100.html

Why do they need aid?

Uncle Wally
06-03-2015, 12:08
$=61

€=68

Both $ and € going down.

Nobbynumbnuts
06-03-2015, 12:25
$=61

€=68

Both $ and € going down.

..i'm packing my bags and running for the hills! ;)

Russian Lad
06-03-2015, 12:30
$=61

€=68

Both $ and € going down.

The dollar is crashing! The ruble is winning! America will collapse soon! Well, Wally, even 61 rubles is about 100% more than what the rate was a year ago.:)
Doubt this slide will continue for long. Someone is making $$$, that's all.

FatAndy
06-03-2015, 12:54
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russia-s-gazprom-asks-government-for-financial-aid-report-says/517100.html
Why do they need aid?
They like much money, just like at the rotten West.

Uncle Wally
07-03-2015, 09:56
The dollar is crashing! The ruble is winning! America will collapse soon! Well, Wally, even 61 rubles is about 100% more than what the rate was a year ago.:)
Doubt this slide will continue for long. Someone is making $$$, that's all.

$=59

€=66

fenrir
07-03-2015, 11:56
$=59

€=66

And then there's:

Oil in biggest weekly drop since January on dollar, rate-hike fear

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/oil-climbs-61-mideast-supply-091318675.html

Russia can't afford to pay state employees

http://www.businessinsider.com/putin-is-slashing-russian-government-salaries-2015-3

Oil futures fall for third straight week

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oil-edges-higher-as-ecb-measures-boost-market-sentiment-2015-03-06-11032914?siteid=yhoof2

Kazakhstan suspends Russian fuel imports to avert surplus

http://news.yahoo.com/kazakhstan-suspends-russian-fuel-imports-avert-surplus-200705600.html

Uncle Wally
07-03-2015, 22:33
And then there's:

Oil in biggest weekly drop since January on dollar, rate-hike fear

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/oil-climbs-61-mideast-supply-091318675.html

Russia can't afford to pay state employees

http://www.businessinsider.com/putin-is-slashing-russian-government-salaries-2015-3

Oil futures fall for third straight week

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oil-edges-higher-as-ecb-measures-boost-market-sentiment-2015-03-06-11032914?siteid=yhoof2

Kazakhstan suspends Russian fuel imports to avert surplus

http://news.yahoo.com/kazakhstan-suspends-russian-fuel-imports-avert-surplus-200705600.html

Sorry Brent is up^ if you haven't heard. $60. It's in America oil is down but gas in places like California is up because of a fire at a refinery and worker strikes. Also workers striking at ports on the west coast why? Because America is so wonderful I guess.

fenrir
07-03-2015, 23:27
Sorry Brent is up^ if you haven't heard. $60. It's in America oil is down but gas in places like California is up because of a fire at a refinery and worker strikes. Also workers striking at ports on the west coast why? Because America is so wonderful I guess.

59.73 and on a downward trend for the past week.

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/crude-oil-brent.aspx

Uncle Wally
07-03-2015, 23:30
59.73 and on a downward trend for the past week.

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/crude-oil-brent.aspx

Brent is at 60 and going up for the past few days if not more.

Russian Lad
07-03-2015, 23:33

60.20. Down 1.4% since yesterday.:) We may see it at 30 or below soon. There are some indications for that. I don't claim it will necessarily happen, but...

Uncle Wally
07-03-2015, 23:37
60.20. Down 1.4% since yesterday.:) We may see it at 30 or below soon. There are some indications for that. I don't claim it will necessarily happen, but...

It could but it's not only bad for Russia. But as I understand it Russia has been through a lot more and is still here.

fenrir
07-03-2015, 23:48

Proof. I gave you nasdaq data and you have given me only your not-so-accurate word.

FatAndy
10-03-2015, 12:27
http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/54feb2d29a79477f1ef42798 - RF starts military trainings of artillery divisions in Kemerovskaya, Chelyabinskaya, Orenburgskaya regions and Stavropol'sky krai.

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 15:03
$=60⬆

€=65⬇

Russian Lad
10-03-2015, 15:32
$=60⬆

€=65⬇

61.23 for the dollar now actually. What, you cannot even write down the numbers correctly, Wally?:) Oil is dropping though, get ready for a very bumpy road. Check out today please if the people at restaurants are still laughing.:)

Armoured
10-03-2015, 15:37
Check out today please if the people at restaurants are still laughing.:)

The explanation just occurred to me for why he sees smiling, laughing people wherever he goes.

They're laughing _at_ him.

Russian Lad
10-03-2015, 15:40

Sounds entirely plausible.:)

Nobbynumbnuts
10-03-2015, 15:54
The explanation just occurred to me for why he sees smiling, laughing people wherever he goes.

Brilliant! :D

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 16:33

It took you that long? What do you sit and stew over it. " Oh that Wally guy how dare he tell the truth."

I'm guessing you had no reason to go out this weekend or is just that when people see you they start to frown? Because both Saturday and Sunday the restaurants I was in were full and people were having a good time. Why people having a goodtime would upset you I don't understand? Is it because you hate Russians and wish them all to have a bad time? That's just loony!

FatAndy
10-03-2015, 16:41
61.23 for the dollar now actually. What, you cannot even write down the numbers correctly, Wally?:) Oil is dropping though, get ready for a very bumpy road. Check out today please if the people at restaurants are still laughing.:)
CBR for 11 Mar is 60.66 per USD (with 60.14-61.71 margins today).

Regarding laughing and Wally there is one question - do ppl usually go to restaurants to sit with stone faces? ;)

Armoured
10-03-2015, 16:54
CBR for 11 Mar is 60.66 per USD (with 60.14-61.71 margins today).

The MICEX up-to-date rate is more accurate in the sense of telling what is going on at any one time. CBR fine for looking back. As has been discussed here before. (Micex rate is on rbk.ru as 'birzhevoi')

Regarding laughing and Wally there is one question - do ppl usually go to restaurants to sit with stone faces? ;)

It's a reasonable point.

An even more reasonable point is that if/since that is the case, the "Wally indicator" is utterly useless and tells us nothing about the economy, and yet he keeps bringing it up. It's just more idiot boosterism with no content.

And compare: I haven't heard others mentioning that there's a notable tendency to find dead people in the morgues, because they have the brain cells to understand that this would not be an indicator of health.

Armoured
10-03-2015, 16:58
Here's a useful comparative: automobile sales fell 37.9% in February (compared to a year ago).

http://top.rbc.ru/business/10/03/2015/54fedf0a9a79470960a364fb

Probably people were enjoying themselves in restaurants too much to bother buying cars.

drbobguy
10-03-2015, 17:33
Here's a useful comparative: automobile sales fell 37.9% in February (compared to a year ago).

http://top.rbc.ru/business/10/03/2015/54fedf0a9a79470960a364fb

Probably people were enjoying themselves in restaurants too much to bother buying cars.

Non-CIS imports also down 37%. These huge shocks are not a sign of a healthy economy.

Armoured
10-03-2015, 17:37
Non-CIS imports also down 37%. These huge shocks are not a sign of a healthy economy.

I agree. For imports, though, I think that's in part going to be a temporary blip - just like the high sales figures reported for December were the panic buying of imported goods.

No idea where it will bounce back to and how much, though.

Anyway, I think the automobile drop is far more indicative. Just an opinion though.

FatAndy
10-03-2015, 17:45
Or they've bought already enough. It's pretty clear when you visit Nsk/E-burg or other millionnik (Mow and SPb aren't indicators).

Outside CIS? :)

Nobbynumbnuts
10-03-2015, 17:52
The MICEX up-to-date rate is more accurate in the sense of telling what is going on at any one time. CBR fine for looking back. As has been discussed here before. (Micex rate is on rbk.ru as 'birzhevoi')

It's a reasonable point.

An even more reasonable point is that if/since that is the case, the "Wally indicator" is utterly useless and tells us nothing about the economy, and yet he keeps bringing it up. It's just more idiot boosterism with no content.

And compare: I haven't heard others mentioning that there's a notable tendency to find dead people in the morgues, because they have the brain cells to understand that this would not be an indicator of health.

There's a theory that people will go out more when times are bad. Perhaps not restaurants as such but more likely bars to drink and forget their woes...

Anyway you slice it, i don't think the number smiley faces in restaurants windows is any acurate indicator of the state of the economy...;)

Armoured
10-03-2015, 18:07
Or they've bought already enough. It's pretty clear when you visit Nsk/E-burg or other millionnik (Mow and SPb aren't indicators).

Or the more simple explanation: they can no longer afford them.

Outside CIS? :)

Do you understand how this works? _Imports_ are when Russians buy stuff from others. A fall in _imports_ generally doesn't mean problems _outside Russia_.

Frankly, what an idiotic response. I'd say it's not even worthy of Wally, but actually it is.

FatAndy
10-03-2015, 18:33
Or the more simple explanation: they can no longer afford them.
Possible too. Or combination.

_Imports_ are when Russians buy stuff from others. A fall in _imports_ generally doesn't mean problems _outside Russia_.
Didn't you try to work as a teacher in a school?

Frankly, what an idiotic response. I'd say it's not even worthy of Wally, but actually it is.
I also love you. :)

Armoured
10-03-2015, 19:01
Possible too. Or combination.

So as I understand it, your theory is that people all across the country, in January of this year, all of a suddenly decided that they wanted to buy fewer cars than before?

TolkoRaz
10-03-2015, 19:16
So as I understand it, your theory is that people all across the country, in January of this year, all of a suddenly decided that they wanted to buy fewer cars than before?

May be they are waiting for the new model? ;)

FatAndy
10-03-2015, 19:19
I think they're waiting how rub/usd will move. My source in CBR has told in January, that understanding how it will go will uppear not earlier than in 6 months.

May be they are waiting for the new model? ;)
Or the sellout of the big stock of yellow Lada Kalina.

Russian Lad
10-03-2015, 20:24
My source in CBR has told in January, that understanding how it will go will uppear not earlier than in 6 months.

Your source is a great optimist, lol. I don't have anything against optimism per se, don't take me wrong, but probably such great optimists should not be working in banks, especially Central ones.:) For instance, optimists are very good when taking care of little children is concerned, in places like kindergartens of the first three classes in high schools. Your banking source may want to consider such exciting, optimism-brimming and happiness-overflowing careers for the maximum effect and synergy.

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 20:28

It's a reasonable point.

Uncle Wally would say if you're in a morgue your health is not good.

Russian Lad
10-03-2015, 20:31

Even if it is a Russian morgue?:confused:

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 20:39
Even if it is a Russian morgue?:confused:

A morgue is a morgue and dead is dead.

And having a good life has nothing to do with money.

Armoured
10-03-2015, 20:43

Correct. I probably should have specified 'health of the general population' for those who, ummm, don't get it.

This is how the analogy to 'I saw happy people in a restaurant, therefore things are great' works. Both of these places are not random samples of the population.

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 20:53
Correct. I probably should have specified 'health of the general population' for those who, ummm, don't get it.

This is how the analogy to 'I saw happy people in a restaurant, therefore things are great' works. Both of these places are not random samples of the population.

I usually mean things aren't as bad as you, numbnuts, AstarD, fenrir and RL try to make them out to be. I know it's all wishful thinking on your part because for some strange reason you live here but hate it. Russia will not be "crushed" and over time will learn to live with any sanctions America can think up.

Russian Lad
10-03-2015, 20:55
And having a good life has nothing to do with money.

Absolutely nothing? You have become a communist now?:)

Russia will not be "crushed" and over time will learn to live with any sanctions America can think up.

Your biggest mistake is that you constantly equate Russia and those in power here. Learn to differentiate.

TolkoRaz
10-03-2015, 21:00
VVP has mass support at the moment from the people, 85% at the last poll - that is far in excess of any support any Western leader can count on at present.

Russian Lad
10-03-2015, 21:07
VVP has mass support at the moment from the people, 85% at the last poll - that is far in excess of any support any Western leader can count on at present.

15% - it is a lot of people too. Secondly, many Russians may be answering such polls "as expected", viewing them as a check of their "loyalty" and being afraid of "punishment" (in whatever form). So, I would not be so hyped up about it. Let's wait and see. I have time.:)

FatAndy
10-03-2015, 21:09
Your source is a great optimist, lol.
Will see in July.

FatAndy
10-03-2015, 21:13
15% it is a lot of people too.
Sure. But it's 6 times less than 85%.

Secondly, many Russians may be answering such polls "as expected", viewing them as a check of their "loyalty" and being afraid of "punishment" (in whatever form).
Yes, damned regime will switch them off electricity and withdraw IP-address.:10641:

Uncle Wally
15% - it is a lot of people too. Secondly, many Russians may be answering such polls "as expected", viewing them as a check of their "loyalty" and being afraid of "punishment" (in whatever form). So, I would not be so hyped up about it. Let's wait and see. I have time.:)

Sorry to tell you this but it's about the same for how favorable Russians see America. Most now see America in a very unfavorable light.

TolkoRaz

15% is a very small minority opposed to 85% which is a hugely significant majority who support The President.

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 21:15

Yes, damned regime will switch them off electricity and withdraw IP-address.:10641:

If we are lucky they will start in St Petersburg.

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 21:16
15% is a very small minority opposed to 85% which is a hugely significant majority who support The President.

Why has nobody started a poll on expat.ru?

I'd like to see that.

TolkoRaz
10-03-2015, 21:17
Am currently posting from Jordan, so hopefully I will not be affected! ;)

Russian Lad
10-03-2015, 21:20

5.6 times. And it includes the most active and the most talented/educated people, the way I see it (millions of Russians). At least that's the split-up among my friends and acquaintances. Quality always beats quantity. Besides, both the external and the internal factors are increasingly in favor of this minority. These are not static numbers - also remember about that.

Why has nobody started a poll on expat.ru?

I'd like to see that.

There is also another site. The results there may be different. Besides, there are many foreigners both here and there, so, what's the use?

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 21:26
5.6 times. And it includes the most active and the most talented/educated people, the way I see it (millions of Russians). At least that's the split-up among my friends and acquaintances. Quality always beats quantity. Besides, both the external and the internal factors are increasingly in favor of this minority. These are not static numbers - also remember about that.

There is also another site. The results there may be different. Besides, there are many foreigners both here and there, so, what's the use?

You mean the Russian hating site where if you say anything good about Russia you get shouted down and if you keep it up they ban you? That's the site you're talking about.

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 21:28
Am currently posting from Jordan, so hopefully I will not be affected! ;)

Hey be careful there! The place is crawling with CIA and their terrorist friends.

Russian Lad
10-03-2015, 21:28
You mean the Russian hating site where if you say anything good about Russia you get shouted down and if you keep it up they ban you? That's the site you're talking about.

My main point is there are many foreigners on both sites, hence there is no use in making any such polls. But it is up to you - I will participate in such a poll if you make one.

TolkoRaz
10-03-2015, 21:32
Hey be careful there! The place is crawling with CIA and their terrorist friends.

Hmmmm, who are the more dangerous? ;)

Russian Lad
10-03-2015, 21:32
Yes, damned regime will switch them off electricity and withdraw IP-address.

I don't know about that, but the encroachment on Internet freedoms is palpable even now - any site can be blocked without a court order, for instance. There is this law about storage of personal data only here (a 100% weird law that is simply unrealistic in technical-business terms), successful bloggers must be registered as mass media outlets, etc. I don't like the way it is going Internet-wise here in Russia, not at all. I don't want to wake up with a Sputnik-Cheburashka RUNET, the North Korea-China style one day (or something of the sort).

Russian Lad
10-03-2015, 21:41
Wally, keep checking the oil prices and the currencies (wink-wink). I have a surprise for you - http://www.finanz.ru:)

Nobbynumbnuts
10-03-2015, 21:52

..very true but western leaders allow opposition parties (in fact they are encouraged) and a media which represents all sides.

fenrir
10-03-2015, 21:59

And exactly how much food does that put on the table?

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 22:14
Hmmmm, who are the more dangerous? ;)

You are.

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 22:16

How food does posting crap on this forum put on your table?

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 22:19
..very true but western leaders allow opposition parties (in fact they are encouraged) and a media which represents all sides.

Yeah right. Like all the help the IRS gave to the Tea Party.

fenrir
10-03-2015, 22:33
How food does posting crap on this forum put on your table?

Only pro-Kremlin stooges get paid by the post. As someone said a couple of days ago, your rent must be due. That is why your activity level is so high.

For such a conspiracy theory nutter, where are your instincts in one of the only countries on Earth that pays people to post country-friendly messages around the world?

TolkoRaz
10-03-2015, 22:34

Have you seen any Russians collapsing in the street from hunger? You might wish that upon your enemy, but I have thankfully not seen any evidence.

fenrir
10-03-2015, 23:04
Have you seen any Russians collapsing in the street from hunger? You might wish that upon your enemy, but I have thankfully not seen any evidence.

No, but while food prices here are falling, Russians will be spending 50%-55% of their net income on food this year. Does that sound normal to you? Ask your Jordanian contacts if they spend such a percent of their income on food.

Russian Lad
10-03-2015, 23:13
On average, I think it will be 60-70%. For instance, the average salary in Saint Pete is 30K rubles. I spend like 17-20K rubles on food per month. And I shop in Piatorochka - like the cheapest place available. If someone has 1-2 children - it will be 80-90% per month from the family income - on average. And it will be crappy food, too, nothing fancy.

Uncle Wally
10-03-2015, 23:29
Only pro-Kremlin stooges get paid by the post. As someone said a couple of days ago, your rent must be due. That is why your activity level is so high.

For such a conspiracy theory nutter, where are your instincts in one of the only countries on Earth that pays people to post country-friendly messages around the world?

Really? You haven't seen the Yahoo comments. The USA nutters come on there and blast anyone saying anything that doesn't fit the government lies.

You are really weird you know that.

Judge
10-03-2015, 23:43

Only in Russia?

fenrir
10-03-2015, 23:43
Really? You haven't seen the Yahoo comments. The USA nutters come on there and blast anyone saying anything that doesn't fit the government lies.

You are really weird you know that.

Yahoo types don't get paid like you and the other Kremlin stooges do.

Uncle Wally
11-03-2015, 08:38

Really they don't get paid huh?

Can you prove I get paid by the Kremlin?

fenrir
11-03-2015, 09:04
Really they don't get paid huh?

Can you prove I get paid by the Kremlin?

Sure. As soon as you give evidence for all the things I directly challenged you on that you ignored.

TolkoRaz
11-03-2015, 09:05

You just hate people disagreeing with you and those who do not tow the US of A party-line.

Believe it or not, there are other people who have a brain, can cut through the propaganda / lies, see the otherside of the coin and who chose to post accordingly, and for absolutely no fee!

Judge
11-03-2015, 09:14
The euro is crashing like a Zeppelin on flames against the dollar and pound,
it won't be long for the euro to be on the same level as the dollars against the ruble. ..

Uncle Wally
11-03-2015, 09:21
You just hate people disagreeing with you and those who do not tow the US of A party-line.

Believe it or not, there are other people who have a brain, can cut through the propaganda / lies, see the otherside of the coin and who chose to post accordingly, and for absolutely no fee!

You like kitty videos. here's one you should see, Kitty History.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4

Russian Lad
11-03-2015, 09:49
it won't be long for the euro to be on the same level as the dollars against the ruble. ..

There is deflation in the EU, unless you have noticed. So, some weakening of Euro will do them good. It was clear it would be happening like 3-4 months ago. But it is not going to help the ruble in any way. For instance, if oil goes to 30 soon, the euro/dollar will cost 85-100 rubles (with the continued respective inflation here in Russia). The average salary in my city, Sait Petersburg, will be 350-400 dollars per month soon, in smaller Russian cities - 150-200 dollars per month. Stability and prosperity...

Armoured
11-03-2015, 09:51

Obviously a separate discussion, but this is what the EU desperately wants and needs, for the Euro to fall below parity - and while it may seem bad, it's not that weird historically. Early 2000s, Euro was (I think) at 80 cents to dollar.

This allows them to move at least some of the argument away from internal trade flows (Germany exports to much to 'the South', South imports too much overall) - what they want is Eurozone as a whle to start exporting more to rest of the world.

As you keep saying, 'this is good for ...' - except this time it's true. It's good for EU's job markets and producers. Will easily compensate for lost exports to Russia.

Ruble? Can't compare. It's a new historic low. That's a collapse, not an intended move.

Judge
11-03-2015, 10:16
Obviously a separate discussion, but this is what the EU desperately wants and needs, for the Euro to fall below parity - and while it may seem bad, it's not that weird historically. Early 2000s, Euro was (I think) at 80 cents to dollar.

This allows them to move at least some of the argument away from internal trade flows (Germany exports to much to 'the South', South imports too much overall) - what they want is Eurozone as a whle to start exporting more to rest of the world.

As you keep saying, 'this is good for ...' - except this time it's true. It's good for EU's job markets and producers. Will easily compensate for lost exports to Russia.

Ruble? Can't compare. It's a new historic low. That's a collapse, not an intended move.

The ruble collapse was also a blessing in disguise for the main Russian exporters who get paid in euros and dollars,this even helped fill the Kremlin coffers,but bad news for importers, which will be the same for EU importers,the Germans are also one of the world's biggest importers of goods, so it's not all good news.

Will easily compensate for lost exports to Russia.

Sell that line to the EU famers....

http://217.218.67.233//photo/20150209/c1aef50c-d113-4e8b-896f-5d34a73f84ef.jpg

Judge
11-03-2015, 10:22
There is deflation in the EU, unless you have noticed. So, some weakening of Euro will do them good. It was clear it would be happening like 3-4 months ago. But it is not going to help the ruble in any way. For instance, if oil goes to 30 soon, the euro/dollar will cost 85-100 rubles (with the continued respective inflation here in Russia). The average salary in my city, Sait Petersburg, will be 350-400 dollars per month soon, in smaller Russian cities - 150-200 dollars per month. Stability and prosperity...

Why are you telling me wages in dollars,I'm sure the good people of St Petes get paid in rubles .

Russian Lad
11-03-2015, 10:30
Why are you telling me wages in dollars,I'm sure the good people of St Petes get paid in rubles .

Because Russia is a highly imports-dependent economy and most needed goods/equipment (even furtilizer) come from abroad (obviously, paid for in hard currencies, with the prices in rubles fully reflecting this, sooner or later). They have even been forced to freeze the prices on the most essential foodstuffs for 2 months now, as you know (this alone is an indication of severe economic problems). I don't know a single Russian who doesn't care about the dollar exchange rate and who is happy just counting his rubles. Regardless of what the frenzied propagandists scream daily on Rossiya24 and other similar channels. One cannot eat television programs for dinner or feed children with propaganda.
Even the food sort of grown domestically has a strong hard currencies component.
Not sure why I need to explain such basics to you.:)

FatAndy
11-03-2015, 10:54
http://top.rbc.ru/finances/11/03/2015/54ff14cf9a794731b3af05c2 - unexpectedly.

fenrir
11-03-2015, 10:55

He almost never backs up anything he says with any form of evidence but I do. You, he or anyone can disagree with my evidence but hot air is not enough. Counter-evidence is.

Armoured
11-03-2015, 10:57
The ruble collapse was also a blessing in disguise for the main Russian exporters who get paid in euros and dollars,this even helped fill the Kremlin coffers,but bad news for importers, which will be the same for EU importers,the Germans are also one of the world's biggest importers of goods, so it's not all good news.

Of course, it's never all good news. There are winners and losers within EU too. But for EU, QE/controlled devaluation is as close as they get - every country's ability to export goes up. Germany overall is massive net exporter, so also a winner (overall) - even though they are big importers too, it's more than balanced by exports. Overall apart from Chinese stuff Europe is reasonably balanced (imbalances - the worst anyway - are internal).

Also true in Russia: just that the winners - exporters - are mostly oil and gas and commodities exporters, and the losers most of the population, as the things Russia imports includes a lot of consumables (food esp).

It does help Russian food producers, just not very much (not easy to ramp up, and Russia's advantages in food is to a large degree commodoties like wheat). And all at expense of consumers.

Sell that line to the EU famers....

I was referring to overall amounts - farm employment is about 5% of EU totals, so they'll work that out.

They are, of course, generally politically influential lobbies, and make for good photos.

Russian Lad
11-03-2015, 10:58
http://top.rbc.ru/finances/11/03/201...794731b3af05c2 - unexpectedly.

Why not?:) I hope it will not come to Swift disconnection, but if it does, he can vote against it in a fully democratic procedure.:) It is important to hear the opinion of everyone.:)

Judge
11-03-2015, 11:06
http://top.rbc.ru/finances/11/03/2015/54ff14cf9a794731b3af05c2 - unexpectedly.

Russia is SWIFT's 2nd biggest client, makes sense.

Russian Lad
11-03-2015, 11:15

Have a link for that? Distribution by countries? It would be interesting to take a look.
If so, let's hope Russia will not want to lose this nice and cozy connection to the rest of the financial world.

Judge
11-03-2015, 11:17
Have a link for that? Distribution by countries? It would be interesting to take a look.
If so, let's hope Russia will not want to lose this nice and cozy connection to the rest of the financial world.

I make it all up as I go along:D

Russian Lad
11-03-2015, 11:20
I make it all up as I go along

Well, I always double-check stuff, don't worry. A link would be nice, I haven't found this info on their official site, maybe I have been looking at wrong places.

Nobbynumbnuts
11-03-2015, 11:24

Gotta say, i'm a bit dubious of that statement too..

Judge
11-03-2015, 11:26
Well, I always double-check stuff, don't worry. A link would be nice, I haven't found this info on their official site, maybe I have been looking at wrong places.
I'm just going on from what I read in an article,

About 360,000 such messages are sent daily, making Russia the second most prolific user of SWIFT in the world, the head of SWIFT in Russia, Roman Chernov, told a conference last year, according to RIA Novosti. Over 600 Russian financial institutions use SWIFT, which saw a 40 percent growth in its traffic in 2014, he said.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/what-exclusion-from-payment-system-swift-would-mean-for-russia/515076.html

2nd or 10th, Russia is a big user of SWIFT.

bydand
11-03-2015, 12:24
He almost never backs up anything he says with any form of evidence but I do. You, he or anyone can disagree with my evidence but hot air is not enough. Counter-evidence is.

FatAndy
11-03-2015, 13:47
The guy is wearing wig?

Armoured
11-03-2015, 14:06
The guy is wearing wig?

And it is good and correct. :beerbros:

fenrir
11-03-2015, 14:56
Brent down to $56.39.

Armoured
11-03-2015, 16:47
http://top.rbc.ru/economics/11/03/2015/5500100e9a7947b48a3f0f91

1/4th of Russians expect some kind of layoffs, reduction in work, unpaid leave, etc.

Probably overly pessimistic but worrisome.

To me, this implies that they're not buying cars not because they think the ruble will go up...whatever people from the CBR are whispering.

Russian Lad
11-03-2015, 17:13
Probably overly pessimistic but worrisome.

Very optimistic, I would say. Besides, everyone got a cut by default when dollar jumped to 60 rubles from 30 rubles - everyone who is getting paid in rubles. That's 99% of Russians, I believe. No more vacations in Italy or France for many Russians - the resorts of Vorkuta and Makhachkala are waiting.:)

FatAndy
11-03-2015, 17:24
http://top.rbc.ru/economics/11/03/2015/5500100e9a7947b48a3f0f91

1/4th of Russians expect some kind of layoffs, reduction in work, unpaid leave, etc.
Some time ago the same RBC said about 30%. So it's already positive dynamics ;)

And it is good and correct. :beerbros:
Damned spy of the rotten West! :voodoo:
:10518:

Russian Lad
11-03-2015, 18:00
So it's already positive dynamics

Yes, a lot more laughing people in restaurants.

Judge
11-03-2015, 23:08
Because Russia is a highly imports-dependent economy and most needed goods/equipment (even furtilizer) come from abroad (obviously, paid for in hard currencies, with the prices in rubles fully reflecting this, sooner or later). They have even been forced to freeze the prices on the most essential foodstuffs for 2 months now, as you know (this alone is an indication of severe economic problems). I don't know a single Russian who doesn't care about the dollar exchange rate and who is happy just counting his rubles. Regardless of what the frenzied propagandists scream daily on Rossiya24 and other similar channels. One cannot eat television programs for dinner or feed children with propaganda.
Even the food sort of grown domestically has a strong hard currencies component.
Not sure why I need to explain such basics to you.:)

Most Russians,nearly all ,don't get their ruble wage and straight away work out how much it is in dollars and euros,even I don't....

The euro is weakening vs the dollar,do you think the average yank is sitting at home working out how many euros he could make...

They should ban all these neon signs showing the currency rates, anyone needs to know a rate,pop in a bank....

Nobbynumbnuts
11-03-2015, 23:15
Most Russians,nearly all ,don't get their ruble wage and straight away work out how much it is in dollars and euros,even I don't....

The euro is weakening vs the dollar,do you think the average yank is sitting at home working out how many euros he could make...

They should ban all these neon signs showing the currency rates, anyone needs to know a rate,pop in a bank....

You're missing the point. The rouble isn't a strong currency, Russians don't trust it. Look at history. The only way they can gauge it's value is by the exchange rate
The dollar is a reserve currency for Russians.

Russian Lad
11-03-2015, 23:19

There are many reasons why, but the main reason - the Russian ruble is not a global reserve currency. Unlike, say, the dollar. As to why this happened, it is a long debate, but this trend cannot be reversed with weapons and with becoming mean and hostile towards like 90% of the civilized world. I know that for sure.
Another reason - I have indicated it and you have ignored it.
You really need to learn a bit more about the global economics and finances if you believe removing neon signs with currencies rates can make any difference. Me personally, I used to exchange my currency using street dealers back, say, in 2008. They didn't have neon signs on them (they had no signs at all, in fact, all was done through verbal communication), but they had much better rates.

Judge
12-03-2015, 00:21
You're missing the point. The rouble isn't a strong currency, Russians don't trust it. Look at history. The only way they can gauge it's value is by the exchange rate

Do you think your average Russians sits down after receiving his/her wage and says, last month I earned more dollars than today. RL earlier talked about wages dropping to $400 a month, these people are getting paid in rubles not dollars...they get paid in rubles and spend in rubles, no need to talk about what they could earn in dollars. RL is trying to make the situation sound worse than it is...

The dollar is a reserve currency for Russians
For a small % of Russians. ..

RL, the neon signs just annoy me, they are an eyesore.

Uncle Wally
12-03-2015, 00:34
Do you think your average Russians sits down after receiving his/her wage and says, last month I earned more dollars than today. RL earlier talked about wages dropping to $400 a month, these people are getting paid in rubles not dollars...they get paid in rubles and spend in rubles, no need to talk about what they could earn in dollars. RL is trying to make the situation sound worse than it is...

For a small % of Russians. ..

RL, the neon signs just annoy me, they are an eyesore.

You see they like to feel themselves important and there for think everyone has to understand dollars are best and nobody can live without them.

One thing I have noticed is many companies are buying back their stocks. Does anyone wonder why or what this could mean for the dollar?

Russian Lad
12-03-2015, 00:46

I am not _trying_ anything. I said it is going to come to this like two years ago. Most of you laughed back then, now you are trying to make excuses and say something like "the situation is bad but you sound like it is very bad". A lot of progress since that time, I like it, keep going.:)
Paid in rubles, spend rubles... Yeah, right. The more rubles, the better. While you think the Russians are dumb, even the Russian government (Nabiulina) complained just some time ago that the Russians are buying hard currencies in huge quantities: http://www.vladtime.ru/econom/407455-nabiullina-obvinila-v-snizhenii-pozicii-rublya-naselenie-rf.html Another question is - if the support rating is 85%, why did like almost everyone who had rubles on their hands rush to buy hard currencies when the first wave of the ruble collapse hit the market?
Maybe you are paid to say what you are saying, I honestly don't know that. But it all looks like you refuse to eyeball and to acknowledge the facts, for this reason or another. You don't even try to dodge anything, you are plainly calling black white and white black. Not sure what the purpose of this little game is. At a certain point this huge pile of lies will only serve as a catalyst for something not really nice, that's all. Continue digging this hole if you want to - it is fine with me either way.

Judge
12-03-2015, 08:03
I am not _trying_ anything. I said it is going to come to this like two years ago. Most of you laughed back then, now you are trying to make excuses and say something like "the situation is bad but you sound like it is very bad". A lot of progress since that time, I like it, keep going.:)
Paid in rubles, spend rubles... Yeah, right. The more rubles, the better. While you think the Russians are dumb, even the Russian government (Nabiulina) complained just some time ago that the Russians are buying hard currencies in huge quantities: http://www.vladtime.ru/econom/407455-nabiullina-obvinila-v-snizhenii-pozicii-rublya-naselenie-rf.html Another question is - if the support rating is 85%, why did like almost everyone who had rubles on their hands rush to buy hard currencies when the first wave of the ruble collapse hit the market?
Maybe you are paid to say what you are saying, I honestly don't know that. But it all looks like you refuse to eyeball and to acknowledge the facts, for this reason or another. You don't even try to dodge anything, you are plainly calling black white and white black. Not sure what the purpose of this little game is. At a certain point this huge pile of lies will only serve as a catalyst for something not really nice, that's all. Continue digging this hole if you want to - it is fine with me either way.

Maybe when I have more time I'll reply to such an emotional post,for now I'll leave you with a thanks .....

Judge
12-03-2015, 08:18
With Nuland soon to visit these countries, nice timing on Russia's part to help out stricken farmers,

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russia-considering-softening-western-food-import-ban-for-some-eu-countries/517307.html

Russian Lad
12-03-2015, 09:07
Maybe when I have more time I'll reply to such an emotional post,for now I'll leave you with a thanks .....

Well, thank you for your thank you, there is nothing emotional in what I said though.

fenrir
15-03-2015, 14:01
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2015/03/14/bankruptcy-of-russian-miner-mechel-inevitable/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

This is really bad news. 80,000 workers face the chop. I wonder how this will be explained away.

Nobbynumbnuts
15-03-2015, 14:08
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2015/03/14/bankruptcy-of-russian-miner-mechel-inevitable/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

This is really bad news. 80,000 workers face the chop. I wonder how this will be explained away.

Very bad news...but don't worry, Wally'll wish it away :10293:

Uncle Wally
15-03-2015, 16:05
Very bad news...but don't worry, Wally'll wish it away :10293:

I don't think this will be as bad as the stock market bubble bursting. Not very nice to see how happy you and fenrir are at the misfortune of 80,000 people but then again you and he don't think of them as people now do you?

Nobbynumbnuts
15-03-2015, 16:27
Very bad news...

:snoring:

bydand
15-03-2015, 16:32
I don't think this will be as bad as the stock market bubble bursting.

When is that going to happen again? Anyway the market(s) recovers after bubbles. Up and down like a butterfly, trending up, because the world keeps growing, creating more (things/wealth).

Not very nice to see how happy you and fenrir are at the misfortune of 80,000 people but then again you and he don't think of them as people now do you?

They didn't express happiness, even called it very bad news. Its sad the coal mines' gravy got sucked by pigs so badly they don't have enough money to keep operating. The greedy pigs will leave the bones. The coal is still there.

Its the pigs that don't care about the 80,000 people, but hey, they can be chicken or dairy farmers now! The pigs left them great opportunity!

Uncle Wally
15-03-2015, 17:42
They didn't express happiness, even called it very bad news. Its sad the coal mines' gravy got sucked by pigs so badly they don't have enough money to keep operating. The greedy pigs will leave the bones. The coal is still there.

Its the pigs that don't care about the 80,000 people, but hey, they can be chicken or dairy farmers now! The pigs left them great opportunity!

What ever you or they say we can all tell they are overjoyed with any pain Russians will feel.

bydand
15-03-2015, 18:33
What ever you or they say we can all tell they are overjoyed with any pain Russians will feel.

"We"? You and your monkey? Speak for yourself, lest you be an elected representative. Even then your "we" would be suspect.

Nobbynumbnuts
15-03-2015, 18:41

..again supposition, waffle and guesswork! ;):D

Russian Lad
15-03-2015, 18:44
Now that the venomous hatred Wally feels towards Russia has been fully exposed, he is clutching at straws in a lame attempt to disguise it. In my Piatorochka the food prices have grown by like 30%, up to 60% for some products (and after the prices freeze is gone I expect the prices to go up 30-50% more). All because of Wally, millions of Russians will be forced to suffer from malnutrition. Thank you, Wally.

tonytony
15-03-2015, 19:06

Personally, I don't think that it will be so bad. I think that most of those 80k workers will keep their jobs.

If you have a look at the company accounts then the actual operational side of the business is actually profitable - or at least the mining part is, the steel producing seems to be only break even at best.

What has caused them the real problems is all the debt the company has taken on over the last ten years to buy assets at the peak of the market and now can no longer afford the interest payments. It's a classic case of expanding by buying a company and then burdening it with all the debt from the purchase and - surprise, surprise - the company then has trouble investing for the future as it has to service the huge debt that has been created. Or the debt is so large that the company cannot afford to pay it - as is the case here.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the head of Sberbank said this of the company:-

“We see that the company is managed in an inefficient manner, let me put it mildly. The owner has only a very rough handle of the situation in the company.…I’d say there’s no management in the company,” he said.

This isn't just a Russian thing, many companies around the world have run into trouble for the same reason. Perhaps the worst was when the British bank RBS paid €71billion for ABN Amro.

Mechel paid way over the odds for various assets over the last few years and have recently been selling them off for literally pennies on the pound in a massive fire sale. It sold a Donetsk steel plant for €2,000 that it previously bought for $500 million. It also sold off a US coal company to it's original owners for just $5 million after buying it from them a few years ago for $500 million.

So, I would suggest that whoever manages to get their hands on these assets at a reasonable price after Mechel goes bust is going to do quite well out of it over the long term.

Is it going to be one of VVP's cronies that get it I wonder?

bydand
15-03-2015, 19:30
Is it going to be one of VVP's cronies that get it I wonder?

From the article...
Mechel is home to roughly 80,000 employees, making it an important asset for the government to try and save despite Zyuzin not being one of Vladimir Putin’s preferred businessmen.

Probably will go from the previous cronie Zyuzin, to another. Still some gravy there. Will be interesting to see.

Russian Lad
15-03-2015, 19:32
Probably will go from the previous cronie Zyuzin, to another. Still some gravy there. Will be interesting to see.

These problems didn't start yesterday, like a year ago there were rumors VTB would get it. I don't have time to learn about this in detail, it probably doesn't matter at this point anyway. Just another link in the weakening chain.:coffee:

PJB
15-03-2015, 21:37
It's just redistribution of the country's assets to Putin's friends. Someone in VVP's inner circle will pick up the company for a song and the profits will be sent to a secret bank account outside of Russia.

Uncle Wally
15-03-2015, 23:33
These problems didn't start yesterday, like a year ago there were rumors VTB would get it. I don't have time to learn about this in detail, it probably doesn't matter at this point anyway. Just another link in the weakening chain.:coffee:

Weak is your mind.

FatAndy
17-03-2015, 11:31
http://top.rbc.ru/politics/17/03/2015/5507ded49a794734420cfba9 - RF starts military trainings of Baltic fleet, Southern military district and some paratrooper divisions.

http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/5507c5ca9a79472791497120 - the Darkest Lord has ordered to add Northern fleet too to full combat readiness, till 21st Mar.

fenrir
17-03-2015, 13:34
http://top.rbc.ru/politics/17/03/2015/5507ded49a794734420cfba9 - RF starts military trainings of Baltic fleet, Southern military district and some paratrooper divisions.

http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/5507c5ca9a79472791497120 - the Darkest Lord has ordered to add Northern fleet too to full combat readiness, till 21st Mar.

Spend, spend, spend: until the money runs out.

Uncle Wally
17-03-2015, 13:59

Don't worry it's not like spending $$$ it's rubles they are spending and rubles can't run out.

On a side note the US debt just went over the borrowing limit to 18 trillion dollars! If the US can't or won't rise the debt limit America will fold and have to default.

Russian Lad
17-03-2015, 14:19
rubles can't run out.

Brilliant. :yikes: Fenrir will not be able to outfart this claim, even if he farts for the whole day. Indeed, what's this problem all about? We cannot run out of rubles, Fenrir, use your head - we have the rubles printing press - we will just print more rubles if we need them! Don't be such a difficult dumbhead, Fenrir. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoyZFBwflKM

FatAndy
17-03-2015, 14:28
Do you envy or dream, comrade? :suspect:

http://news.mail.ru/inregions/crimea/110/politics/21406302/?frommail=1 - Tu-22M3 strategic AS missile carriers will land in Crimea (and will be based there in future, as it was planned yet in Mar 2014).

http://top.rbc.ru/politics/17/03/2015/5507fbcf9a79474b73b671ac - "Iskanders" and bombers will help to keep peace... in Baltic region. As it was planned yet in 2012.

Sleep tight ;) Bulgarians and Romanians too.

Fenrir will not be able to outfart this claim
fenrir lives in so called civilised country, they don't fart there ;)

Russian Lad
17-03-2015, 14:30
Do you envy or dream, comrade?

http://news.mail.ru/inregions/crimea...02/?frommail=1 - Tu-22M3 strategic AS missile carriers will land in Crimea (and based there).

http://top.rbc.ru/politics/17/03/201...79474b73b671ac - "Iskanders" and bombers will keep peace... in Baltic region.

Sleep tight Bulgarians and Romanians too.

This show of "force" seems to be intended mainly for the inside consumption. To dupe people like you here in Russia. I don't see Russia threatened by anyone. If it is threatened by NATO, ban the dollar and the euro here and stop selling oil, gas, metals to NATO countries, seal the borders tight, nationalize all NATO countries business here. Today. If not, it is all b-sh'tting without even a fig leaf on disparaging lies. It is all a show for the gullible Ivan and Masha.

FatAndy
17-03-2015, 14:33
This show of "force" seems to be intended mainly for the inside consumption. To dupe people like you here in Russia.
:D

I don't see Russia threatened by anyone.
Yes, we have no enemies, only squeezing circle of friends...

ban the dollar and the euro here and stop selling oil, gas, metals to NATO countries, seal the borders tight, nationalize all NATO countries business here. Today.
Don't drive so fast, comrade... :bedtime:

Russian Lad
17-03-2015, 14:34
Don't drive so fast, comrade...

:rolleyes: You want me to sell my Ferrari, comrade?

Uncle Wally
17-03-2015, 14:37
This show of "force" seems to be intended mainly for the inside consumption. To dupe people like you here in Russia. I don't see Russia threatened by anyone. If it is threatened by NATO, ban the dollar and the euro here and stop selling oil, gas, metals to NATO countries, seal the borders tight, nationalize all NATO countries business here. Today. If not, it is all b-sh'tting without even a fig leaf on disparaging lies. It is all a show for the gullible Ivan and Masha.

As soon as Russia stops selling to NATO countries America will find a reason to attack. As long as Russia is of some use, war will be delayed.

FatAndy
17-03-2015, 14:38
:rolleyes: You want me to sell my Ferrari, comrade?
Sure. In SPb there is almost no roads for it ;)

As soon as Russia stops selling to NATO countries America will find a reason to attack. As long as Russia is of some use, war will be delayed.
Bad peace is always better than good war.

Uncle Wally
17-03-2015, 14:42
Brilliant. :yikes: Fenrir will not be able to outfart this claim, even if he farts for the whole day. Indeed, what's this problem all about? We cannot run out of rubles, Fenrir, use your head - we have the rubles printing press - we will just print more rubles if we need them! Don't be such a difficult dumbhead, Fenrir. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoyZFBwflKM

This is what we keep getting told by Armored about America, they can just print, print and print some more. Why not Russia? Russia is not even in debt like America. The US debt is now more than GDP of the US no crime no foul right?

Russian Lad
17-03-2015, 14:49

Haha. I mean, like in HAHAHAHAHA. I don't even know where to begin commenting on this one. It is like trying to refute the statement: "Every man has five penises and a vagina in the left armpit". Can someone help me please?

Why not Russia? Russia is not even in debt like America. The US debt is now more than GDP of the US no crime no foul right?

Russia can, but then Russia will be hit by inflation. The ruble is not a global reserve currency. Learn the basics, for f. sake. Begin with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlMHevIw9HU
And this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_currency

Uncle Wally
17-03-2015, 23:13
Haha. I mean, like in HAHAHAHAHA. I don't even know where to begin commenting on this one. It is like trying to refute the statement: "Every man has five penises and a vagina in the left armpit". Can someone help me please?

Russia can, but then Russia will be hit by inflation. The ruble is not a global reserve currency. Learn the basics, for f. sake. Begin with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlMHevIw9HU
And this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_currency

Like you understand the basics. All you see is crime and manipulation. It can't go on forever.

bydand
18-03-2015, 09:21

With Wally? 'Fraid not.

FatAndy
18-03-2015, 16:36
http://top.rbc.ru/politics/18/03/2015/550976139a79473e7a02270b - RF + SO = union and integration... ;)

Bon appetite for Mishiko Saakashvili.

FatAndy
26-03-2015, 09:51
http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2694449 - the new gen RS-26 intercontinental ballistic missile has performed real combat blocks tests on Sary-Shagan polygon of Kazakhstan, launched from mobile carrier at Kapustin Yar. Deployment starts in 2016 from 29th missile division based near Irkutsk.

Uncle Wally
26-03-2015, 20:34
Ruble is doing better, Russian stocks are doing good, Russian companies are starting to sell more. Crisis ha!

drbobguy
27-03-2015, 00:05
Things keep getting worse in Russia. I just read a factory in Kaluga is halting production of more cars.

http://top.rbc.ru/business/26/03/2015/551465429a7947e6519699a9

Uncle Wally
27-03-2015, 01:02
Things keep getting worse in Russia. I just read a factory in Kaluga is halting production of more cars.

http://top.rbc.ru/business/26/03/2015/551465429a7947e6519699a9

Don't believe everything thing you read. Russia is adapting and more people are buying Russian made products.

FatAndy
27-03-2015, 14:11
Things keep getting worse in Russia.
It's very important to repeat the mantra every morning. :)
Then you have to read TMT, then RBC, and everything is in order... :iagree:

Suuryaa
27-03-2015, 21:28
Worthy of a thread all it's own!

Why not. I wonder if the mods could kindly make this a separate thread.

TolkoRaz
27-03-2015, 22:29
I am quite sure FatAndy will dissect the Thread and form 6 new ones! ;)

FatAndy
28-03-2015, 08:19
:emote_popcorn:

Uncle Wally
28-03-2015, 10:22
I am quite sure FatAndy will dissect the Thread and form 6 new ones! ;)

Right after he finishes his popcorn.

Suuryaa
28-03-2015, 10:57
Right after he finishes his popcorn.

FA has explained that it is not popcorn!

TolkoRaz
28-03-2015, 12:38
In that case, he should give it back to its rightful owner and stop filling his face! :D

Uncle Wally
29-03-2015, 05:33
FA has explained that it is not popcorn!

What is it?

Peanuts?

TolkoRaz
29-03-2015, 09:41
Semyechki! :)

Suuryaa
29-03-2015, 13:41
What is it?

Peanuts?

Семки.

Uncle Wally
30-03-2015, 09:52
Semyechki! :)

Is that what they pay mods here? Semyechka?

FatAndy
30-03-2015, 10:04
We're volunteers, like in Donbass. ;)

Suuryaa
30-03-2015, 12:53
We're volunteers, like in Donbass. ;)

:D Same degree of difficulty and danger?

Uncle Wally
31-03-2015, 03:54
:D Same degree of difficulty and danger?

More danger and unimaginable difficulties!

Uncle Wally
31-03-2015, 22:31
Uncle Wally has declared the Russian economic situation good! Go out and buy Russian products and keep this momentum going!

Judge
31-03-2015, 22:44
Kudrin talking sense,again.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/business/article/kudrin-to-putin-use-your-popularity-to-save-russias-economy/518312.html

Thinking aloud, I could see Kudrin being a future leader of Russia, for sure he would get my vote.

Judge
31-03-2015, 22:48
Uncle Wally has declared the Russian economic situation good! Go out and buy Russian products and keep this momentum going!

I'm not sure it's all good,but there is light at the end of the tunnel,I just hope it ain't a freight train.
About buying Russian products, do we have any other choice.?

In my local shop, bananas were 90 ru a kg,today down to 60,big drop..

Uncle Wally
31-03-2015, 23:11
I'm not sure it's all good,but there is light at the end of the tunnel,I just hope it ain't a freight train.
About buying Russian products, do we have any other choice.?

In my local shop, bananas were 90 ru a kg,today down to 60,big drop..

And other products are dropping in price! Finding new suppliers making new deals, dam these sanctions are the best thing that's happened to Russia in a long time!

Judge
31-03-2015, 23:21
And other products are dropping in price! Finding new suppliers making new deals, dam these sanctions are the best thing that's happened to Russia in a long time!

The sanctions are a wake up call, to kick start the industry that's been relying too much on foreign goods....More homegrown products is a good thing,time for the government to invest more in local business,like Kudrin said,time for reforms, it's the only way forward. ..

bydand
01-04-2015, 00:49
The sanctions are a wake up call, to kick start the industry that's been relying too much on foreign goods....More homegrown products is a good thing,time for the government to invest more in local business,like Kudrin said,time for reforms, it's the only way forward. ..

Sorry, but it looks like Kudrin's words will not have much effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keyWvMR9bvY

Judge
01-04-2015, 01:12
Sorry, but it looks like Kudrin's words will not have much effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keyWvMR9bvY

There was talk about Russia's military budget shrinking by around 10 percent in 2015.

Judge
01-04-2015, 12:55
Not the best news for investing in Russia,

Finnish businessman Seppo Remes, co-owner of a Swedish company which invests in Russian electricity assets, said he had been denied entry into Russia for five years after receiving a warning from the Federal Security Service.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/finnish-businessman-denied-entry-into-russia-after-20-years/518355.html

FatAndy
01-04-2015, 13:41
Not the best news for investing in Russia,
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/finnish-businessman-denied-entry-into-russia-after-20-years/518355.html
It's rather muddy story, I guess... no criminal penalty but non-grata

Armoured
01-04-2015, 14:57

My own minor experiences lately have been that once again, imported food products are available, with only a tiny bit of looking, and the sellers are no longer pretending that they are "Belarusian" or whatever other dodge. I've had a half-dozen friends and contacts confirm the same.

So: no incentive to invest local anymore; prices much higher than before; and more corruption has just been made 'normal.' And the average Russian poorer.

"Anti-sanctions" is looking more and more accurate a term - they're weapons aimed inward.

Judge
02-04-2015, 13:58
Talking about Western food finding its way here, on a shelf in auchan, I saw Heinz cream of chicken soup ,107ru.

Uncle Wally
02-04-2015, 22:37
Talking about Western food finding its way here, on a shelf in auchan, I saw Heinz cream of chicken soup ,107ru.

You didn't buy it soon enough. I bought my girlfriend a bunch of cans for 56 rubles a few months back.

Judge
02-04-2015, 23:08
You didn't buy it soon enough. I bought my girlfriend a bunch of cans for 56 rubles a few months back.

I didn't buy it, took it off the shelf to have a look,found memories came flooding back, quick smile and put it back on the shelf....in search for Russian only produkti:11513:

Uncle Wally
03-04-2015, 08:19
I didn't buy it, took it off the shelf to have a look,found memories came flooding back, quick smile and put it back on the shelf....in search for Russian only produkti:11513:

My girlfriend hasn't eaten it yet.

Alan65
03-04-2015, 10:01

And people say romance is dead

rumple_stilskin
03-04-2015, 11:44

The sanctions focused the political elite here to diversify the economy, plus mend old relationships with Cuba and North Korea. Got the China gas deal going from just being 'talk'.

All good

Uncle Wally
06-04-2015, 23:25
The ruble has just become the best performing currency in the world and the MICEX also the best performing.

Russia is now known as the "most underrated land of opportunity"

TolkoRaz
06-04-2015, 23:48
And people say romance is dead

May be, if you are a necrophiliac! :10293:

fenrir
07-04-2015, 08:39
The ruble has just become the best performing currency in the world and the MICEX also the best performing.

Russia is now known as the "most underrated land of opportunity"

Teachers and other workers not getting paid for months, Russian inflation is running at around 17%, Kudrin says the country is facing 5 years of stagnation, Russian banks are still finding out how bad things have really gotten ( http://kommersant.ru/doc/2702566 ) and you say it is the "most underrated land of opportunity"? Keep smoking whatever you are smoking. Notice no one with a serious amount of money is making any moves to invest in Russia, but a lot of companies and people are really interested in moving their money out. Heck, even the new pipeline to China looks like it is going to be delayed.

FatAndy
07-04-2015, 10:44
Teachers and other workers not getting paid for months, Russian inflation is running at around 17%, Kudrin says the country is facing 5 years of stagnation, Russian banks are still finding out how bad things have really gotten ( http://kommersant.ru/doc/2702566 ) and
...your BB has said already, it's torn into pieces. We know, yep. :) For last 400 years already.

Judge
08-04-2015, 08:55
Price of bananas starting to fluctuate, was 90ru a kg, down to 60 ,now up to 71 ru.

Fantastika
08-04-2015, 11:51
Russia is going bankrupt! Ruble is sky-diving! There is no food in the supermarkets, even the rats are starving! Worst economy since 1950's! The Kremlin has no money! Help! ...

Well, uh, wait a minute...

Russia-ready-to-offer-Greeks-cash-in-return-for-assets (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11519651/Russia-ready-to-offer-Greeks-cash-in-return-for-assets.html)

:rofl:

tonytony
08-04-2015, 13:48
Russia is going bankrupt! Ruble is sky-diving! There is no food in the supermarkets, even the rats are starving! Worst economy since 1950's! The Kremlin has no money! Help! ...

Russia-ready-to-offer-Greeks-cash-in-return-for-assets (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11519651/Russia-ready-to-offer-Greeks-cash-in-return-for-assets.html)

If you actually bother to read the story then you will see it says that the Greek PM is visiting Putin today and that Russia ''could'' give a discount on gas prices and ''could'' buy some Greek government assets at what I am sure will be knock-down fire sale prices.

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 14:25
If you actually bother to read the story then you will see it says that the Greek PM is visiting Putin today and that Russia ''could'' give a discount on gas prices and ''could'' buy some Greek government assets at what I am sure will be knock-down fire sale prices.

..yes and all this could be just a ploy on behalf of the Greeks to get further concessions from the EU on debt repayments which are due now.

Judge
08-04-2015, 15:09

You forgot, Russia is isolated,
these past weeks Russia has been giving out a lot of easter eggs, like to Hungary,Tajikistan,Turkey and now Greece is next in line ,for sure the Greek famers will be raising a glass or two in honour of Putin,
Sanctions on Greek food will be lifted soon.

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 15:19
You forgot, Russia is isolated,
these past weeks Russia has been giving out a lot of easter eggs, like to Hungary,Tajikistan,Turkey and now Greece is next in line ,for sure the Greek famers will be raising a glass or two in honour of Putin,
Sanctions on Greek food will be lifted soon.

Let's see how it pans out. If the Greeks and the EU come to an agreement over repayments and a default is avoided are they still going to need a deal with Russia?
Remember the Greeks voted not to leave the EU. Most Greeks know an exit would be very painful for them and everyone else.
I think a deal will be reached at the 11th hour as it has before...

Judge
08-04-2015, 15:32
Let's see how it pans out. If the Greeks and the EU come to an agreement over repayments and a default is avoided are they still going to need a deal with Russia?
Remember the Greeks voted not to leave the EU. Most Greeks know an exit would be very painful for them and everyone else.
I think a deal will be reached at the 11th hour as it has before...

Maybe, most probably the Greek leader is more interested in getting the sanctions lifted,a big win with the voters for him....Russia will want to push for the gas deal, new gas storage for forwarding gas to the EU....also in return for Russia, Greece votes against further sanctions. ......It's in Russia's best interest for the Greeks to stay in the EU,
Maybe they could strike a deal about visas, something also in this for the Russian people.
I wouldn't like to see Russia giving billions to the Greeks so that they can pay their debt to western banks,let these banks loan more of their own money to the Greeks.

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 15:59
Maybe, most probably the Greek leader is more interested in getting the sanctions lifted,a big win with the voters for him....Russia will want to push for the gas deal, new gas storage for forwarding gas to the EU....also in return for Russia, Greece votes against further sanctions. ......It's in Russia's best interest for the Greeks to stay in the EU,
Maybe they could strike a deal about visas, something also in this for the Russian people.

The Greek leader is most interested in saving Greece from a.default and b.as many billions of Euros as he can on debt repayments terms. Selling apples and oranges to Russia is not his first priority. Will be helpful to the farmers but as far as votes go, he's just been voted in. Another election is way off.

Of course Russia wants to do a deal, it weakens the EU position and they have a potential sanctions busting allay. But any moves against the EU by Greece will push them closer to the door. And that's not what they ultimately want.
A default will be very damaging to Russia as well as everyone else.

Greece is testing the boundaries, it's a game of chicken but i think a deal will be struck and Greece will not default and remain in the EU.......interesting times ahead

FatAndy
08-04-2015, 16:15
Maybe, most probably the Greek leader is more interested in getting the sanctions lifted
Sure. Peaches are rotting in fridges... ;)

Judge
08-04-2015, 16:16
And in other news,

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has suggested Thailand considers creating a free trade zone with the Eurasian Economic Union.

Medvedev said a free trade zone could be created in a similar way to the agreement with Vietnam.

READ MORE: Vietnam and Eurasian Economic Union free trade zone deal in ‘home straight’ – Russian PM

“On the one hand, it’s the Eurasian Economic Union, which consists of five countries or 180 million people. Entering the territory of one country, you get to all the five countries at once,” he said Wednesday in an interview to Nation media group during his visit to Thailand.

Judge
08-04-2015, 16:55
The Greek leader is most interested in saving Greece from a.default and b.as many billions of Euros as he can on debt repayments terms. Selling apples and oranges to Russia is not his first priority. Will be helpful to the farmers but as far as votes go, he's just been voted in. Another election is way off.

Of course Russia wants to do a deal, it weakens the EU position and they have a potential sanctions busting allay. But any moves against the EU by Greece will push them closer to the door. And that's not what they ultimately want.
A default will be very damaging to Russia as well as everyone else.

Greece is testing the boundaries, it's a game of chicken but i think a deal will be struck and Greece will not default and remain in the EU.......interesting times ahead

According to the news I just read, Russia is Greece's biggest single trading partner, nearly 200m euros alone in fruits and conserves ,lots of taxes,money in workers pockets, it's a start to help the Greeks balance the books,and 40 percent of Greek exports are to Russia,trade is at 13 bn.
Selling again to Russia is a good start for the Greeks to earn some much needed cash,all this will help from defaulting,if only in a small way.

How much do the Greeks owe Russia, why very damaging?

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 17:19
According to the news I just read, Russia is Greece's biggest single trading partner, nearly 200m euros alone in fruits and conserves ,lots of taxes,money in workers pockets, it's a start to help the Greeks balance the books,and 40 percent of Greek exports are to Russia,trade is at 13 bn.
Selling again to Russia is a good start for the Greeks to earn some much needed cash,all this will help from defaulting,if only in a small way.

How much do the Greeks owe Russia, why very damaging?

Those are gas numbers, that's why Russia is their number one trading partner.

A Greek default will have a knock on effect. European bank will take haircut and this in turn will impact Russia.
There are no winners

Judge
08-04-2015, 17:34
Those are gas numbers, that's why Russia is their number one trading partner.

A Greek default will have a knock on effect. European bank will take haircut and this in turn will impact Russia.
There are no winners

Fruit,olive oil,gas,all trade, taxes,money,profit, about no winners, there will always be some winners. ..if default, more greek assets for sale....

Judge
08-04-2015, 17:43
News just in,

Putin: Russia will not lift ban on Greek food imports

Putin said that it is unfortunate that counter sanctions imposed by Russia on the West have affected Greece.

But we cannot make any exceptions for any country in the European Union.

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 18:54
News just in,

Putin: Russia will not lift ban on Greek food imports

Putin said that it is unfortunate that counter sanctions imposed by Russia on the West have affected Greece.

But we cannot make any exceptions for any country in the European Union.

..looks like a Greece-Russia deal is collapsing

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 19:10
Fruit,olive oil,gas,all trade, taxes,money,profit, about no winners, there will always be some winners. ..if default, more greek assets for sale....

Top 5 Greek exports: Refined Petroleum (35%), Packaged Medicaments (3.1%), Aluminium Plating (1.9%), Non-fillet Fresh Fish (1.7%), and Raw Cotton (1.7%)

(Not a pomegranate in sight ;))

Top 5 Greek imports: Crude Petroleum (24%), Refined Petroleum (6.9%), Packaged Medicaments (5.1%), Passenger and Cargo Ships (4.0%), and Petroleum Gas (3.1%)

Top 5 Export destinations of Greece Turkey (11%), Italy (8.0%), Germany (6.4%), Bunkers (6.0%), and Bulgaria (5.0%)

Top 5 Import origins of Greece Russia (11%), Germany (9.5%), Italy (8.0%), Saudi Arabia (5.1%), and China (5.0%)

Russia's nowhere near Greece's largest trading partner-EU is

Winners in a default? Your assets are falling in price as well
Be careful what you wish for! ;)

Judge
08-04-2015, 19:11
Depends which deal you're talking about.

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 19:12
Depends which deal you're talking about.
sure

Judge
08-04-2015, 19:14
Top 5 Greek exports: Refined Petroleum (35%), Packaged Medicaments (3.1%), Aluminium Plating (1.9%), Non-fillet Fresh Fish (1.7%), and Raw Cotton (1.7%)

(Not a pomegranate in sight ;))

Top 5 Greek imports: Crude Petroleum (24%), Refined Petroleum (6.9%), Packaged Medicaments (5.1%), Passenger and Cargo Ships (4.0%), and Petroleum Gas (3.1%)

Top 5 Export destinations of Greece Turkey (11%), Italy (8.0%), Germany (6.4%), Bunkers (6.0%), and Bulgaria (5.0%)

Top 5 Import origins of Greece Russia (11%), Germany (9.5%), Italy (8.0%), Saudi Arabia (5.1%), and China (5.0%)

Russia's nowhere near Greece's largest trading partner-EU is

Winners in a default? Your assets are falling in price as well
Be careful what you wish for! ;)

Single trading partner, like by country....

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 19:18
Single trading partner, like by country....

..could be ;)

Judge
08-04-2015, 19:36
..could be ;)

Probably not anymore,

About assets, price falls,cheap assets to be had,look at it like vultures circling ..

Who was it the other day, Soros or Buffett talking about the Greeks leaving the eurozone, all these guys think about is assets assets assets....

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 19:59
Probably not anymore,

About assets, price falls,cheap assets to be had,look at it like vultures circling ..

Who was it the other day, Soros or Buffett talking about the Greeks leaving the eurozone, all these guys think about is assets assets assets....

If you look at the table Italy and Germany are both larger trading partners than Russia.

assets might be cheaper but if Euro is falling, banks are in danger? It's not Simple
As i mentioned what does a post default Greece look like? Chaos, military rule?
Will Greece simply allow assets to be bought for cents on the dollar? Greece to create a new currency first. All not certain. Look at Argentinian default.

Sorros and Buffet are top of the food chain. They can afford to gamble (and do) with billions and hold for years to get money back.

TolkoRaz
08-04-2015, 21:16

It means that VVP does not give a F**k about the silly Western Sanctions! :tv:

FatAndy
08-04-2015, 21:39
Tolik, help me... how is it - "разведение кроликов" in enemy's language? ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 21:41

Wishful thinking and not actually supported by the facts ;)

TolkoRaz
08-04-2015, 22:08
Tolik, help me... how is it - "разведение кроликов" in enemy's language? ;)

It is indeed Spring! ;)

TolkoRaz
08-04-2015, 22:09
Wishful thinking and not actually supported by the facts ;)

If VVP had been feeling mischievous, he could have agreed a deal with Greece to upset the EU etc, but he chose not to! ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 22:50
If VVP had been feeling mischievous, he could have agreed a deal with Greece to upset the EU etc, but he chose not to! ;)

Right, Putin's in complete control, holding all the cards and sleeping soundly at night. ;)

Despite Putin's bravado, Russia is facing some serious problems. The economy is in trouble, further escalation in Ukraine, the effect of sanctions and further sanctions, the real possibility oil prices could fall further.

Putin is being pulled along by events, just like everyone else. ;)

TolkoRaz
08-04-2015, 23:49
Despite your analysis, the Ruble has strengthened and will continue to do so!

Nobbynumbnuts
08-04-2015, 23:53
Despite your analysis, the Ruble has strengthened and will continue to do so!

..the rouble has strengthened but from a very low base. Will continue to do so?
Lotto numbers this week? :D

TolkoRaz
08-04-2015, 23:55
Oil price falling? If the KSA and others wreak havoc in the Region, surely the oil price will rise, especially if Iran gets more overtly involved?

Nobbynumbnuts
09-04-2015, 00:09
Oil price falling? If the KSA and others wreak havoc in the Region, surely the oil price will rise, especially if Iran gets more overtly involved?

I didn't say the oil price was falling, i didn't say the rouble will fall either. I said those risks are there.
Oil price? Yes you're scenario can happen but also this: Iran is nearing an agreement with the US over their nuclear program. In return sanctions will most probably be lifted. That means they will return to normal oil production. More oil on the market would mean lower prices. It's a possibility and you can bet it keeps Putin awake just like the whole mess is keeping everyone else awake..

Uncle Wally
09-04-2015, 00:42
I didn't say the oil price was falling, i didn't say the rouble will fall either. I said those risks are there.
Oil price? Yes you're scenario can happen but also this: Iran is nearing an agreement with the US over their nuclear program. In return sanctions will most probably be lifted. That means they will return to normal oil production. More oil on the market would mean lower prices. It's a possibility and you can bet it keeps Putin awake just like the whole mess is keeping everyone else awake..

If you haven't noticed and you haven't the ruble has gained regardless of the price of oil.

Judge
09-04-2015, 09:24
Funny pic, Putin is like thinking, what the fu#k do you find so funny .http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russia-could-give-greece-advance-for-turkish-stream-gas-pipeline--sources/518844.html

Advance payments by Russia to Greece, maybe desperate on Russia's side to get the gas deal up and running or the Greeks not asking directly for money..

Nobbynumbnuts
09-04-2015, 11:48
Funny pic, Putin is like thinking, what the fu#k do you find so funny .http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russia-could-give-greece-advance-for-turkish-stream-gas-pipeline--sources/518844.html

Advance payments by Russia to Greece, maybe desperate on Russia's side to get the gas deal up and running or the Greeks not asking directly for money..

..that would make sense and if that's what any deal with Russia would look like, it suggest that Greece wants to keep the EU onside and they are heading towards a solution to meet their debt repayment obligations

Judge
09-04-2015, 12:25
..that would make sense and if that's what any deal with Russia would look like, it suggest that Greece wants to keep the EU onside and they are heading towards a solution to meet their debt repayment obligations

Them sneaky Russians,
https://youtu.be/Tb1GGlmU9xw

Nobbynumbnuts
09-04-2015, 12:56
Them sneaky Russians,
https://youtu.be/Tb1GGlmU9xw

Love that movie!
Try this one too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li0sW8P3N-c

Judge
09-04-2015, 13:01
Love that movie!
Try this one too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li0sW8P3N-c

Looks good, never heard of it, will put it on my to watch list....

Nobbynumbnuts
09-04-2015, 13:03

..it's in yer face violent but very good. ;)

Judge
09-04-2015, 13:17
..it's in yer face violent but very good. ;)

I haven't had much time on my hands to watch movies, but another UK gangster film I remember reading about, is Top Dog,
https://youtu.be/M77UTcdl6IE

Talking more about movies,
Hollywood is to make a film about a couple of Russian Oligarchs,

“Once Upon a Time in Russia: The Rise of the Oligarchs,”
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/news/article/hollywood-to-make-movie-about-rise-of-russian-oligarchs/518804.html

Nobbynumbnuts
09-04-2015, 13:26
I haven't had much time on my hands to watch movies, but another UK gangster film I remember reading about, is Top Dog,
https://youtu.be/M77UTcdl6IE

Talking more about movies,
Hollywood is to make a film about a couple of Russian Oligarchs,

“Once Upon a Time in Russia: The Rise of the Oligarchs,”
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/news/article/hollywood-to-make-movie-about-rise-of-russian-oligarchs/518804.html

Haven't seen Top Dog, will download and give it a go...
..the BBC has made a documentary on the same subject. Which reminds me BBC has an excellent series with Trevor McDonald about the mafia. If you've got BBC iPlayer check it out..

Judge
09-04-2015, 14:05
Haven't seen Top Dog, will download and give it a go...
..the BBC has made a documentary on the same subject. Which reminds me BBC has an excellent series with Trevor McDonald about the mafia. If you've got BBC iPlayer check it out..

Trevor McDonald? maybe best to send that Kemp guy, or even Vinnie Jones do it.:D

I watched some Trevor McDonald when he visited the Mississippi River, that was at a steady pace, very slow at times just like the river, now he's hanging out with wiseguys, ..Will check it out...

Edit, found this, he's interviewing former mob bosses, looks interesting,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2993462/Inside-Mob-Former-Mafia-bosses-enforcers-grasses-lay-bare-lives-Sir-Trevor-McDonald-s-new-documentary-series-make-surprising-confessions.html

TolkoRaz
09-04-2015, 14:40

Layercake and 'Love, Honour & Obey' are also good! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnM_-KNqZl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtrbWfZtxxM

Uncle Wally
09-04-2015, 17:59
Ruble 52=$1

Judge
09-04-2015, 18:34
Ruble 52=$1

The ruble has been on steroids this week, even with price of oil dropping 6%.

Let the ruble settle at 50 for a $1 , same goes for the euro..
the ruble went from the worst performing to the best, always a wild time in Russia :D

Nobbynumbnuts
09-04-2015, 19:24
The ruble has been on steroids this week, even with price of oil dropping 6%.

Let the ruble settle at 50 for a $1 , same goes for the euro..
the ruble went from the worst performing to the best, always a wild time in Russia :D

..if anyone had followed my advice and bought the ruble at 70/$, they'd be up 25%! ;)

Judge
09-04-2015, 20:27
..if anyone had followed my advice and bought the ruble at 70/$, they'd be up 25%! ;)

Russian Lad is probably laughing all the way to the bank ,again...

Nobbynumbnuts
09-04-2015, 20:32

..he disagreed with me! Thought i was crazy to consider the ruble a buy. He said it was heading lower than that.

FatAndy
09-04-2015, 21:14
always a wild time in Russia :D
At least it's not boring... ;)

Judge
09-04-2015, 23:12
..he disagreed with me! Thought i was crazy to consider the ruble a buy. He said it was heading lower than that.

Yes, now I recall your discussion with him about it....

At least it's not boring... ;)

Very true, never a dull moment here, Always something happening. ...when I meet up with friends in the western world, their way of life seems so straight forward, but rather boring :10518:

TolkoRaz
09-04-2015, 23:18

Why? He was foolishly off-loading the Ruble! :farout:

Judge
09-04-2015, 23:21
He was probably smart enough to start buying rubles, maybe his crystal ball failed him..

Judge
09-04-2015, 23:36
Good read about Nabiulina,
The ruble was getting hammered from all sides ,now she seems to be on top of the situation. .

Nabiullina is a whole different story. Not that I have much confidence in western readers understanding that this is so, let alone why. Not after the 24/7 highly public media campaigns and sanctions and oil price wars and Ukraine war talk and chest thumping directed at Putin and Russia, and after everything else that we don’t even know that plays out behind the veils.

Enjoy your conspiracies while you can, I’d say. Because despite more than a year of intense efforts to make Russia look like the empire of unspoken evil, financial markets, yes, the same ones Yellen manipulates at her lords’ bidding, have now made the Russian ruble and the Moscow stock exchange the biggest winners so far this year.

So, to get to those two moments that define Elvira Nabiullina. The first was described by Bloomberg last month. In mid December 2014, the ruble was under vicious attack from financial markets. Nabiullina had already spent tens of billions of dollars in foreign reserves to prop it up. Then, on December 16, she, in a move nobody had foreseen, yanked up the interest rate in one fell swoop from 10.5% to 17%.

And here it comes: after that she did nothing. Not a thing. No more foreign reserves. Bloomberg quoted her as saying: ‘Speculators needed a cold shower’.

Mario Draghi said in 2012 he would do ‘whatever it takes to preserve the euro’. Nabiullina didn’t even have to say it.

http://russia-insider.com/en/if-only-us-hired-russias-chief-central-banker/5469

Nobbynumbnuts
09-04-2015, 23:45

That's right, in fact he got quite irate with me.
He was ultra bearish on the whole situation. My thinking was you never buy at the bottom but at at those levels (70r=1$) would be a good time to buy if you're willing to take a long term view..

Judge
09-04-2015, 23:55
That's right, in fact he got quite irate with me.
He was ultra bearish on the whole situation. My thinking was you never buy at the bottom but at at those levels (70r=1$) would be a good time to buy if you're willing to take a long term view..

What to do now, sell rubles and buy $/€?
it's a waiting game, buy airline tickets now or wait for a stronger ruble.

Nobbynumbnuts
10-04-2015, 00:14
What to do now, sell rubles and buy $/€?
it's a waiting game, buy airline tickets now or wait for a stronger ruble.

The buy/sell signals are not as strong now. If you'd bought at 70 why not sell and take a 25% profit?
OR hold. Might go higher, might go back down but long term, will recover, i think.

Fantastika
10-04-2015, 00:34
Expat.ru home page says the ruble is 62 to the dollar and 73 to the euro. Maybe it's on a 30-day delay. :)

Uncle Wally
10-04-2015, 12:34
51=$1 tomorrow

Judge
10-04-2015, 16:50
The coffers are filling again, two weeks in a row.
http://russia-insider.com/en/4415-sign-ruble-stabilisation-russian-forex-reserves-rise/5499

Could it be many investors are following Jim Rogers .
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0MX12020150406?irpc=932

FatAndy
11-04-2015, 09:01
The coffers are filling again, two weeks in a row.
http://russia-insider.com/en/4415-sign-ruble-stabilisation-russian-forex-reserves-rise/5499

Could it be many investors are following Jim Rogers .
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0MX12020150406?irpc=932
Impossible, the economy is torn into pieces, said BB. How they dare?!

FatAndy
11-04-2015, 10:44
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russian-fighter-jet-nearly-collides-with-u-s-spy-jet-over-europe/ - the light trolling of RF pilots over US ones.

Judge
13-04-2015, 09:52
Some truth in this, like we have been saying, good opportunity to sort out the overly dependence on oil and gas,

In reality, sanctions and a fall in the oil price might have been the best thing to have happened to Russia since the invention of double-glazing. Why? Because the problem for a country rich in resources and well-educated, creative people has been an over-reliance on energy, and a tight-knit kleptocracy that distributes the wealth it generates. It has failed to create its own industrial economy.

the chances are there and Russia for sure has enough business minded people to make this work,

It seems Medvedev and his free-market economic advisors have convinced Putin to do just that. It was not reported in the Western press, but a few months ago Putin announced that all inspections of companies will be suspended for at least three years and that company start-ups will be free of taxation for their first two years. Add to that the 13% flat tax, and there could be quite an effect. According to Medvedev's advisors, Russian GDP could improve by $200 billion per year by curbing corruption alone. Since the inspections were the main avenue of corruption, their suspension is a very significant step. Admittedly, the jury is still out on the success of these measures, but they have been taken, and it was in reaction to the sanctions. Also, the author is correct: industry surveys in Russia show that companies see import substitution as a huge growth area over the coming year and have accordingly already increased investment and production.
http://russia-insider.com/en/russia-forced-do-right-thing-buy-russia/5531

Judge
13-04-2015, 10:02
Impossible, the economy is torn into pieces, said BB. How they dare?!

It's torn but not as severely as many would hope,kinda like Russia being isolated,impossible to do...

Nobbynumbnuts
13-04-2015, 11:30
Some truth in this, like we have been saying, good opportunity to sort out the overly dependence on oil and gas,

the chances are there and Russia for sure has enough business minded people to make this work,

http://russia-insider.com/en/russia-forced-do-right-thing-buy-russia/5531

Seeing will be believing. They've been talking about these things for a very long time! ;)

Judge
13-04-2015, 18:13
Seeing will be believing. They've been talking about these things for a very long time! ;)

True, but this time it's more forced on them than before, oil prices are low and look like staying this low for some time. ..In 2008 when prices dropped, they had enough in the coffers to soften the blow and oil shot back up, this time?

If it's true about the "inspections ",it would show they are more harm than good and should lead to more growth...let's see in a year or 2 how things work out....

Uncle Wally
14-04-2015, 22:33
True, but this time it's more forced on them than before, oil prices are low and look like staying this low for some time. ..In 2008 when prices dropped, they had enough in the coffers to soften the blow and oil shot back up, this time?

If it's true about the "inspections ",it would show they are more harm than good and should lead to more growth...let's see in a year or 2 how things work out....

Russia is doing just fine and the budget is growing. Funny how all these capitalist think the government should do something.

fenrir
14-04-2015, 23:22
Russia is doing just fine and the budget is growing. Funny how all these capitalist think the government should do something.

Doing just fine? Teachers in at least two cities not being paid for months, workers at the cosmodrome facing the same problem, Moscow's giant malls are turning into ghost towns, up to 10 million more Russians will likely slip into poverty this year, and most Russians will be spending at least half their income on food by the end of the year and that is fine for you?

Uncle Wally
15-04-2015, 00:12
Doing just fine? Teachers in at least two cities not being paid for months, workers at the cosmodrome facing the same problem, Moscow's giant malls are turning into ghost towns, up to 10 million more Russians will likely slip into poverty this year, and most Russians will be spending at least half their income on food by the end of the year and that is fine for you?

Who are you trying to fool? Are you fu@king kidding me? Wake the fu!k up. In America people who work in MacDonald's or WalMart have to collect food stamps and you want to talk about Russia? I have friends who are millionaires and friends who are the poorest alcoholics and nobody is complaining. Take your bull elsewhere. We aren't believing it any more. We know what is real. You obviously don't.