PDA

View Full Version : economic situation in russia

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]

Russian Lad
26-11-2017, 23:38
If your momma wasn't buying food for you and cooking it up you would think much differently.

No one cooks my food usually, I buy it. I can afford chicken wings from KFC that are not rotten these days.:) So, now you want to talk about my mother and my food instead of this girl's source of financing? This sounds rather desperate, Wally. Just admit that you have lost yet another debate and we will move on. Show us you are a man who is capable of embracing bitter failures.:party::big-grin:

Uncle Wally
26-11-2017, 23:45
No one cooks my food usually, I buy it. I can afford chicken wings from KFC that are not rotten these days.:) So, now you want to talk about my mother and my food instead of this girl's source of financing? This sounds rather desperate, Wally. Just admit that you have lost yet another debate and we will move on. Show us you are a man who is capable of embracing bitter failures.:party::big-grin:

I don't think you really care about how she got her money, or how you get your money either. It's just how you feel because that's all life is. YOU.

Russian Lad
27-11-2017, 02:07
I don't think you really care about how she got her money

I dont' care indeed.:big-grin:

Judge
27-11-2017, 09:59
It should be election time every year.....
Russia comfortable with low oil prices, economy back on track, massive infrastructure building cos of football world cup, winning on the world stage, in Syria and kings visiting the Russian Tzar.... spending a few $$$ on FB ads and messing with some of the oldest and newest democracies in the world...

This will probably go down as one of Putin's finest years..

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/24/business/russia-economy-putin.html

Russian Lad
27-11-2017, 10:21
This will probably go down as one of Putin's finest years..

Right, Judge, absolutely nothing to worry about, all is just fine, just as the enemy newspaper says. Rest assured.:)

Judge
27-11-2017, 11:13
Right, Judge, absolutely nothing to worry about, all is just fine, just as the enemy newspaper says. Rest assured.:)

The enemy was at the gates, but now they have been soundly beaten back and are now busy with their own internal affairs... Trump-collusion, brexit shambles, etc...

TolkoRaz
27-11-2017, 11:36
The enemy was at the gates, but now they have been soundly beaten back and are now busy with their own internal affairs... Trump-collusion, brexit shambles, etc...

Much of the confusion and distractions have been cleverly engineered by VVP and his team! :10301:

Judge
27-11-2017, 12:43
Much of the confusion and distractions have been cleverly engineered by VVP and his team! :10301:

Vlad the Peace-Bridge maker isn't the one who makes the first move, interfere in other country's internal business, Vlad expects the same in return.

When you look back at past events, from the Georgia conflict to Syria, it wasn't started by Russia. Same with Hillary's remarks about Russia when she was secretary of state.

Russian Lad
27-11-2017, 12:53
The enemy was at the gates, but now they have been soundly beaten back and are now busy with their own internal affairs...

So, it has been a victory and a great success? When are we going to have the dollar back to 30 rubles then? Should I rush to an obmennik to sell the dollars of the defeated enemy and get myself piles of victorious rubles?

When you look back at past events, from the Georgia conflict to Syria, it wasn't started by Russia. Same with Hillary's remarks about Russia when she was secretary of state.

Bet the babushkas at your podiezd fully agree with you, they watch Kiselev and Soloviev too, some may even have access to RT. There is a little problem though - the rest of the world... Well, except those 12 nothing countries like Nicaragua that supported the errrr... referendum in the Crimea. This is the first time in history Russia has no meaningful allies. It has only you, the babushkas and Nicaragua. Even USSR was in a much better shape in this respect. I don't see a winning scenario or the one allowing for a status quo, no matter how much bravado the kvas crew come up with...

Uncle Wally
27-11-2017, 13:43
RL, China and India are pretty big allies to have. It America losing the friends not Russia.

Russian Lad
27-11-2017, 13:48
RL, China and India are pretty big allies to have. It America losing the friends not Russia.

China and India abstained on the issue of the Crimea. That's where they stand - in the middle, observers. China has way more ties with the US than with Russia, so I don't see how one may view China as an ally of any sorts - it is simply a delusion. Today's allies of Putin's Russia are as follows: Armenia, Belarus, Bolivia, Cuba, the North Korea, Syria, Sudan, Nicaragua, Zimbabwe and Venezuela. No one else is on the list. All 11 - nothing countries from the economic and military standpoint.

Judge
27-11-2017, 13:49
So, it has been a victory and a great success? When are we going to have the dollar back to 30 rubles then? Should I rush to an obmennik to sell the dollars of the defeated enemy and get myself piles of victorious rubles?

A few battles won, not a victory, the war is on going, will out live us both.
$ back to 30ru, that's like four years ago, it was great for foreign travel, but can't cry over spilt milk.

Bet the babushkas at your podiezd fully agree with you, they watch Kiselev and Soloviev too, some may even have access to RT. There is a little problem though - the rest of the world... Well, except those 12 nothing countries like Nicaragua that supported the errrr... referendum in the Crimea. This is the first time in history Russia has no meaningful allies. It has only you, the babushkas and Nicaragua. Even USSR was in a much better shape in this respect. I don't see a winning scenario or the one allowing for a status quo, no matter how much bravado the kvas crew come up with...

Seems you haven't been keeping up with the news in Syria, Russia's allies in Syria have been Iran and China, a new power block is there to balance things out, the US & allies don't have it all their way anymore.Even Turkey is an ally of Russia these days,meeting with Iran and Russia to discuss Syria + buying Russian weapons,etc

Judge
27-11-2017, 13:54
China and India abstained on the issue of the Crimea. That's where they stand - in the middle, observers. China has way more ties with the US than with Russia, so I don't see how one may view China as an ally of any sorts - it is simply a delusion. Today's allies of Putin's Russia are as follows: Armenia, Belarus, Bolivia, Cuba, the North Korea, Syria, Sudan, Nicaragua, Zimbabwe and Venezuela. No one else is on the list. All 11 - nothing countries from the economic and military standpoint.

They do military trainings together, get credit from Chinese banks, direct investment from the Chinese, massive gas deals,etc....China with Russia will help rebuild Syria.....
If you don't call that a friendly relationship, then I don't know what is..

Russian Lad
27-11-2017, 13:55
Russia's allies in Syria have been Iran and China

So, when Iran and China are going to support Putin's RF's claim to the Crimea? The US are also against ISIS in Syria, so one may as well claim Iran and China are the US allies in Syria.

They do military trainings together, get credit from Chinese banks, direct investment from the Chinese, massive gas deals,etc....China with Russia will help rebuild Syria.....

China has also bypassed the Russian trade route... If China is made to choose between Russia and the US it will surely choose the US (and the West in general), I don't know how delusional one may be to think otherwise. By allies I mean something much more than just trading and laying a few pipes here and there, and even if we stick to trading the US-China trading is many times more intense than China-Russia trading.

Judge
27-11-2017, 14:01

And Iran is the biggest ally to have in the Middle East...
Russia is cosy with China ,India and Iran, not so with some western countries.
Russia is on good terms with Japan and S.Korea,and other Asian countries, same with many South American countries, Putin was high fiving the Peru president other week.
RL ,the sun doesn't shine out only from the arse of western countries, the world is a much bigger place.Of course Putin wants to be friends with western countries, all in the EU too, slowly they will come round to Putin's way of thinking, all in good time.

Judge
27-11-2017, 14:04
So, when Iran and China are going to support Putin's RF's claim to the Crimea? The US are also against ISIS in Syria, so one may as well claim Iran and China are the US allies in Syria.

China has also bypassed the Russian trade route... If China is made to choose between Russia and the US it will surely choose the US (and the West in general), I don't know how delusional one may be to think otherwise. By allies I mean something much more than just trading and laying a few pipes here and there.

Crimea is a different situation, for these countries it's best to abstain, and leave Russia do what it does, they say, it's Russia's internal business, we don't care.

China trade route, don't know much about it, maybe some will come through Russia, main thing is they buy Russian gas & oil to run their economy.

Russian Lad
27-11-2017, 14:08
Crimea is a different situation, for these countries it's best to abstain, and leave Russia do what it does, they say, it's Russia's internal business, we don't care.

They will say it many more times in the future - we don't care... When you will be cozy in the GB watching the developments here in Russia on tv... They are as reliable allies as you are - if it gets hot here you will simply jump aboard a plane and the alliance is over, nothing personal, Judge wishes the Russians the best of luck...

Judge
27-11-2017, 14:43
They will say it many more times in the future - we don't care... When you will be cozy in the GB watching the developments here in Russia on tv... They are as reliable allies as you are - if it gets hot here you will simply jump aboard a plane and the alliance is over, nothing personal, Judge wishes the Russians the best of luck...

What do you mean by
hot here war with the west? if that's the case ,I won't be very safe in GB,with Russia having 8000nukes,I'm sure one or two will be aimed at GB.

Russian Lad
27-11-2017, 15:00
What do you mean by
hot here

Not necessarily a war with other countries. The nukes didn't help the USSR and USSR was way more stronger than Putin's Russia, it had more allies. Who knows what the future brings us...

Judge
27-11-2017, 15:08
Not necessarily a war with other countries. The nukes didn't help the USSR and USSR was way more stronger than Putin's Russia, it had more allies. Who knows what the future brings us...

Internal stuff, like a civil war, revolution? that's wishful thinking by a few, even by some outside of Russia....that type of thinking will always be there, it's to do with the battle I mentioned earlier,people from outside try and stir up trouble in countries t they aren't on friendly terms with....We see this with what Russia does in some countries, what the UK and US does in others...part of the game...

Russian Lad
27-11-2017, 15:21
Internal stuff, like a civil war, revolution? that's wishful thinking by a few, even by some outside of Russia....that type of thinking will always be there, it's to do with the battle I mentioned earlier,people from outside try and stir up trouble in countries t they aren't on friendly terms with....We see this with what Russia does in some countries, what the UK and US does in others...part of the game...

Internal stuff like maybe the election of a new leader, hehe. I live in the city of three revolutions and of course a 4th one will never happen... Of course not.
So, dozens of millions of dead-poor Russians here in Russia and the continuing impoverishment of the population - that's the result of people from outside trying and stirring up trouble here in Russia? The Russian pseudoelites and Putin have nothing to do with it? They don't steal like there is no tomorrow? Judge, you live in an unbelievable bubble. It will burst. And when it does you will forget about all your claims of allliance and will jump on board of the first plane that comes your way. I almost see you staring blankly at your own distorted reflection in the window and mumbling: "Russian Lad was right all along, I am doing it. Poor Russians, I hope God helps them and has mercy on them!" You will see the lone figure of Wally in the window of your departing plane, shivering and crying and cursing the day he burnt his American passport.

Judge
27-11-2017, 15:33
Internal stuff like maybe the election of a new leader, hehe. I live in the city of three revolutions and of course a 4th one will never happen... Of course not.
So, dozens of millions of dead-poor Russians here in Russia and the continuing impoverishment of the population - that's the result of people from outside trying and stirring up trouble here in Russia? The Russian pseudoelites and Putin have nothing to do with it? They don't steal like there is no tomorrow? Judge, you live in an unbelievable bubble. It will burst. And when it does you will forget about all your claims of allliance and will jump on board of the first plane that comes your way. I almost see you staring blankly at your own distorted reflection in the window and mumbling: "Russian Lad was right all along, I am doing it. Poor Russians, I hope God helps them and has mercy on them!" You will see the lone figure of Wally in the window of your departing plane, shivering and crying and cursing the day he burnt his American passport.

There will be a new Russian leader in 2022, that's for sure..

Regarding the rest of your post, classic RL, made me laugh..:cool:

Judge
29-11-2017, 14:33
RL,I remember you once saying that Russia's oil production will slow down , no new oil fields, lack of investment,etc.

Forget OPEC, Putin Is Calling The Shots In Global Oil

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Europe/Forget-OPEC-Putin-Is-Calling-The-Shots-In-Global-Oil.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-24/putin-crowns-himself-opec-king

Russian Lad
30-11-2017, 00:43
Says a Westerner Irina Slav... Judge, the clock is ticking... Тик-так-тик-так.

Judge
30-11-2017, 06:16
Says a Westerner Irina Slav... Judge, the clock is ticking... Тик-так-тик-так.

Did you skip the Bloomberg article?

Yes, the clock always ticks away, the same for the oil, keeps on pumping, now Russia is the kinda de facto leader of OPEC, the one calling the shots, Imagine this, one day, Russia and the US having an oil alliance to rival OPEC, stranger things have happened..

Russian Lad
30-11-2017, 06:20
Yes, the clock always ticks away, the same for the oil, keeps on pumping, now Russia is the kinda de facto leader of OPEC, the one calling the shots, Imagine this, one day, Russia and the US having an oil alliance to rival OPEC, stranger things have happened..

Russia simply has no resources left to jack up the output, I know this for a fact. It is just another bluff. And even if it had, ok, it would sell more oil bringing the price down, nothing to gain from that. I am not sure what you are so happy about.:)
P.S. I know the Americans quite well, there will be no alliance with today's Russian pseudoelites, even if they begin making huge concessions all of a sudden. Slow noose tightening will continue unabated in all spheres - finances, high-tech, the press, the sports, the politics, culture, you name it.

Judge
30-11-2017, 06:38
Russia simply has no resources left to jack up the output, I know this for a fact. It is just another bluff. And even if it had, ok, it would sell more oil bringing the price down, nothing to gain from that. I am not sure what you are so happy about.:)
P.S. I know the Americans quite well, there will be no alliance with today's Russian pseudoelites, even if they begin making huge concessions all of a sudden. Slow noose tightening will continue unabated in all spheres - finances, high-tech, the press, the sports, the politics, culture, you name it.

Me thinks, you like many others have misunderstood Russia's capabilities, resilience to sanctions and dealing with low oil prices, OPEC is desperate for a deal, Russia can sit back, turn on the taps or not, oil at $40 is OK for Russia.
Now it's 3 years, thought it was 3 years, 3years ago, that's like six years, that's a good number of years to do something with our lives.

Russian Lad
30-11-2017, 06:55
Me thinks, you like many others have misunderstood Russia's capabilities, resilience to sanctions and dealing with low oil prices, OPEC is desperate for a deal, Russia can sit back, turn on the taps or not, oil at $40 is OK for Russia.

Russia is perfectly fine. Its pseudoelites - funny in a sad way and rotten to the core and belonging to the 18th century history books about feudals. Catharsis, in the medical meaning of the word, is inevitable. The only question is when, but the sooner - the better for the suffering Russia. It is a shame you are on the side of pure, undiluted evil. Ever heard about boomerang theory?

nicklcool
30-11-2017, 20:11
You are a loser! Envious because you have no Imagination. Your fake money is doomed. Why do you live in Russia anyways?

Wally I earn and spend all money here in Russia; I hope you're not implying that the big orangey 5k bills are doomed! No, the girl has great imagination, but she's a very poor case to post as an example of a growing "economic situation in Russia.". I live in Russia for the cultural proctections of children in the classroom, lower taxes, I love teaching, and....America's not a good country for me according to my Natal chart :nerd:. Goodness there are lots of examples to cherry pick to say the economy's doing better, also lots to cherry pick that it's doing worse, but you posted the fakey smiley girl video instead and now question my motivation to live in Russia!? Why are you living here?? Let's just all agree that all of us expats have more crazy than usual in us, to be living her in Rossiya :hug:

Russian Lad
30-11-2017, 21:10
Just admit, the two of you, you are here to snatch some nubile wench, end of the story. No need to beat around the bushes (the pun intended).

FatAndy
30-11-2017, 21:11
:emote_popcorn:

Uncle Wally
30-11-2017, 21:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1196s&v=6QgwwBAj8Ow

RL you should really watch this. Nickcool too.

Uncle Wally
30-11-2017, 23:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq74zcY1itc

Oh we must thank the American government and Hillary Clinton and Obama for helping the world! Freedom and democracy! The right to sell slaves! Yeah I bet the people of Libya just love Hillary Clinton and Obama now. They sit and remember the days when you couldn't sell slaves openly and how much their country has progressed. You know, since America decided to "help" the people.

This is what awaits you RL.

nicklcool
30-11-2017, 23:04
Just admit, the two of you, you are here to snatch some nubile wench, end of the story. No need to beat around the bushes (the pun intended).

RL, I call bulls*it, you know my story cause you hammered me relentlessly about it, in disbelief that I would want to live to Russia, as I typed from my cozy Starbucks after a long day in my cubicle job ;)

I've got one girl and I'm forever happy with her, today marks ten years from the ZAGS ceremony!! But it's probably true, the tale that expats succeed more in Russia with the ladies when they struck out back home. Cough cough, Wally... But there's also many neoglobalist libs in this expat community, many do loathe Russia and seek to fundamentally transform it (they're on this forum too, just can't recall their names right now); never understood your support for those types of expats vs. the Benedict, judge, uncle Wally, or my type.

Russian Lad
01-12-2017, 08:01
never understood your support for those types of expats vs. the Benedict, judge, uncle Wally, or my type.

Oh, you have joined the kvas crew? I have missed the transformation somehow. Are there clandestine gatherings where you wear some sort of ceremonial costumes and gilded hoods? Do you burn torches, drink liters of kvas, condemn liberals in vehement speeches and pledge allegiance to the Kontora signing contracts with your own blood and brandish matreshkas menacingly beside bonfires?
You know, you are being delusional if you think the local pseudoelites here mind the banksters and the globalists somehow or are against them in any way - they are eager to embrace them tenderly and spread their influence all around Russia. Their only problem has been unreasonable greed and the desire to get a bigger chunk of the pie plus the imperial ambitions which are actually a part of it. But they do need naive guys like you, they hope it gives them credibility and legitimacy.
When will you get it - their cheap patriotic rhetorics and pledges of love for Russia and sometimes belligerent rhetorics about the West are just a smokescreen for the local consumption - to make the Russian hoi polloi happy with their measly salaries and appalling living conditions, thus maximizing their profits? They are playing this game rather well, but they have gone way too far in their greed and in their hypocricy.

Judge
14-12-2017, 18:18
Russia showing true friendship to Britain,

Russia Wins in Arctic After U.S. Fails to Kill Giant Gas Project

The first cargo is on board a tanker headed for a port near London, helping the U.K. to cope with cold winter weather and an unplanned shutdown of a clutch of its own North Sea fields. That the gas will end up in a European country that’s backed sanctions against Russia may please many in Moscow.

Putin, officially opening the plant in the harsh climate of northern Siberia last week, told an audience including Gazprom PJSC chief Alexey Miller that several people had come to him with a list of reasons why it couldn’t work. “This is certainly a complex project, and we have good people here in this room, good professionals, who warned me at the beginning of this journey: ‘Do not do this’,” he said.

Gazprom had previously considered building an LNG plant in the same region but concluded it was too challenging. Other big LNG projects around the world have suffered large budget over-runs.

“It’s the only project I can think of in the last decade that actually is on time and on budget,” said Henderson at the Oxford Institute. “It’s pretty impressive.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-14/russia-dreams-big-as-u-s-fails-to-kill-27-billion-gas-project

Thanks to sanctions , the project was up and running on time and on budget, now British homes will be warmed by Russian gas.....
Many Christmas dinners will now be saved, a glass of two will probably be raised to Putin....

Putin,the Russian who saved Christmas & New Year's for Britain...:laughing:

Judge
16-12-2017, 09:17
Not only does it seem that Russia saved Christmas for the UK,also mainland Europe,with the explosion at the Austrian gas plant, Italy declared a state of emergency. Russia did its best to divert gas to Europe,to calm fears,this gives more reason for Nord Stream2 to be built.

https://www.rt.com/business/413253-oilprice-eu-energy-market-perfect-storm/

Europe only has itself to blame,they shouldn't have given into American pressure and blocked the south stream project, it probably would have been pumping cheap gas to Europe by now.

From a 2014 article,

The South Stream pipeline will transport its first gas to Hungary in 2017 and will reach full capacity by the following year, after which it will transit 63 billion cubic metres of gas annually, .

https://budapestbeacon.com/gazprom-south-stream-gas-pipeline-to-reach-full-capacity-to-hungary-by-2018/

The poorer European countries could have had their coffers full with gas transit fees...

Russian Lad
19-12-2017, 07:44
If Gazpom is doing so great, why did its shares cost 154 exactly a year ago and why do they cost only 134 now? What you are saying sounds wonderful until one begins checking the numbers... :nerd: One of my friends invested like 2 million rubles into Gazprom a year ago and now he feels like a complete idiot telling me he was such an imbecile to believe the Russian propaganda on tv, should have invested into bitcoins instead...

americaninmoscow
19-12-2017, 09:07
Rl, you have some great text in this thread, one of these days i want to go back thru and cut and paste them all into a fun collection.

Judge
19-12-2017, 10:07
If Gazpom is doing so great, why did its shares cost 154 exactly a year ago and why do they cost only 134 now? What you are saying sounds wonderful until one begins checking the numbers... :nerd: One of my friends invested like 2 million rubles into Gazprom a year ago and now he feels like a complete idiot telling me he was such an imbecile to believe the Russian propaganda on tv, should have invested into bitcoins instead...

Not sure about Gazprom, how about the new kid on the block, Novatek...

Here's another,

https://youtu.be/rveTrAoZfjQ

Russian Lad
19-12-2017, 15:35
Rl, you have some great text in this thread, one of these days i want to go back thru and cut and paste them all into a fun collection.

Yeah, let's publish my utterances. Hey, Wally, no one wants to collect your wisdom, you gotta be jealous, man. :big-grin:
Judge, forget about a smart kettle, Sberbank is basically a rather dumb vacuum cleaner, they are simply absorbing other banks, in jolly cahoots with the government. And even that doesn't make their shares grow a whole lot, a rather disturbing sign...

TheInterocitor
19-12-2017, 20:15
Not sure about Gazprom, how about the new kid on the block, Novatek...

Here's another,

https://youtu.be/rveTrAoZfjQ

That's a hilarious video, but there's a grain of truth which also makes it a little scary,,,

TheInterocitor
19-12-2017, 20:16

Seriously, is there a way to do that? Easily? I want to capture all my posts in one big file...publish it in a volume called "Gleanings from Stuporia." :)

Russian Lad
19-12-2017, 22:13
Seriously, is there a way to do that? Easily? I want to capture all my posts in one big file...publish it in a volume called "Gleanings from Stuporia." :)

Envy in silence, comrade. First, you gotta have a grateful audience, otherwise what, you are gonna reread your own posts after you collect them? What's the purpose of such a dubious exercise? Better concentrate on collecting cryptocurrencies...:love::big-grin:
Am gonna chase some skirts in Spb on Saturday, we have a new fad, getting drunk in museums and such:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzZcerF24Gg

Uncle Wally
20-12-2017, 02:12
Envy in silence, comrade. First, you gotta have a grateful audience, otherwise what, you are gonna reread your own posts after you collect them? What's the purpose of such a dubious exercise? Better concentrate on collecting cryptocurrencies...:love::big-grin:
Am gonna chase some skirts in Spb on Saturday, we have a new fad, getting drunk in museums and such:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzZcerF24Gg

Oh how 2012, I've been getting drunk in museum for years now. It gets old very quick.

TheInterocitor
20-12-2017, 05:23

Many authors have published works of their random thoughts on the state of the world. Just get them organized into chapter-topics, then it's just a matter of marketing.

Russian Lad
20-12-2017, 06:43
Many authors have published works of their random thoughts on the state of the world. Just get them organized into chapter-topics, then it's just a matter of marketing.

Fair enough, send me an invite after you publish the collection of your deep thoughts, I will buy a copy.:winking:

FatAndy
20-12-2017, 09:38
What else one can do in SPb? :)

Uncle Wally
20-12-2017, 22:50

Get a job?

Russian Lad
21-12-2017, 00:08
Get a job?

Putinism can offer me only a measly salary, so I better stick to museums, alcoholic beverages, horny females and potato peels soup for now...:smug::love: I have hired two knowledgeable Western consultants to leverage and streamline my pursuists - Johnie Walker and Jack Daniels. Boogie-woogie, Wally!

FatAndy
21-12-2017, 00:50
I have hired two knowledgeable Western consultants to leverage and streamline my pursuists - Johnie Walker and Jack Daniels.
Take care, comrade, these two split into four quite often - Johnson, Johnson, Procter and Gamble ;)

americaninmoscow
21-12-2017, 01:44
Oh how something mumble kumble snort cough, when I was a kid vodka was 10 fubles mumbmle snort *takes a drag* cough mumble, what were we talking about? America is ths worst.. mumble, oh! I've been getting drunk for years now. It gets very much in the way of a job. You guys are all losers, mumble grumble mumble.....

There, fixed it for ya.

americaninmoscow
21-12-2017, 01:45

Nada pit v piteri

TheInterocitor
21-12-2017, 02:28
Fair enough, send me an invite after you publish the collection of your deep thoughts, I will buy a copy.:winking:

As a member of expat.ru in good standing, you are eligible for free copy. Only $24 shipping cost. :) Just kidding. Actually, I will have downloadable Kindle version. The Kindle version will have lots of pictures, for the snowflakes, who have trouble digesting words of more then one syllable. :)

Uncle Wally
21-12-2017, 05:07
There, fixed it for ya.

You're just jealous.

americaninmoscow
21-12-2017, 14:22
You're just jealous.

Not really. I am in amazement though.

TheInterocitor
21-12-2017, 15:48
Not really. I am in amazement though.

Give Wally a break. :) Do you have to deal with crowds of rowdy drunks every night in your job?

When I was a musician, our rule was "If a fight starts out on the dance floor, keep on playing." (If you stop the music, it just gives more attention to the brawlers.). :)

TheInterocitor
21-12-2017, 16:00
Putinism can offer me only a measly salary, so I better stick to museums, alcoholic beverages, horny females and potato peels soup for now...:smug::love: I have hired two knowledgeable Western consultants to leverage and streamline my pursuists - Johnie Walker and Jack Daniels. Boogie-woogie, Wally!

Going on 14,000 posts? You have enough material for an encyclopedia, not just a book. Although lots of political or social commentary books don't make any sense, such as Hillary Clinton's whiny diatribes. But your expertise in English, why not write a "Learn how to Speak Russian" book? I wrote something like that, the structure, about 30 chapters. Never fleshed it out. Each chapter starts with a new list of vocabulary, 20-40 words, around a topic, such as "Kitchen" or Weather," each chapter has a grammar topic, such as Past Tense, or Plurals, with example sentences, each chapter introduces new word "roots" with many examples, to help build vocabulary skills and understand the language. Online, you can go to a website and click on the key words, or order a CD, or the CD would come with it, or customers could buy the Kindle version with all the multimedia embedded. And then there's the reverse project - "English for Russian speakers." You could knock that out in a couple of weeks, sell it on Amazon.

FatAndy
21-12-2017, 19:02
Nada pit v piteri
RL is in the process, see above.

But your expertise in English, why not write a "Learn how to Speak Russian" book? I wrote something like that, the structure, about 30 chapters. Never fleshed it out.
Excuse me, comrade... Isn't this comix based on your Opus Magnum?
Caution, obscene lexicon... https://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?675352-Learning-Russian-)&p=1473636#post1473636

TheInterocitor
21-12-2017, 19:47
RL is in the process, see above.

Excuse me, comrade... Isn't this comix based on your Opus Magnum?
Caution, obscene lexicon... https://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?675352-Learning-Russian-)&p=1473636#post1473636

Probably, I only did Chinese and Spanish version, never finished the Russian. Little help, anyone? We can also do Android and I-Phone versions. Money, $$$$, капуста!!!

americaninmoscow
21-12-2017, 21:12
Give Wally a break. :) Do you have to deal with crowds of rowdy drunks every night in your job?

When I was a musician, our rule was "If a fight starts out on the dance floor, keep on playing." (If you stop the music, it just gives more attention to the brawlers.). :)

Is that the story he is peddling now?

TheInterocitor
21-12-2017, 23:40
Is that the story he is peddling now?

Wally plays drums. I don't agree with him much, but I trust a fellow musician! Actually, I think he plays at a higher class of club than the ones I use to play at! :)

Russian Lad
22-12-2017, 07:14
I may write a book one day, plenty of material around us. Gotta finish my current endeavors and escape to a warmer climate for meditation and literary endeavors. Am currently in the survival mode, which is not conducive to prolific and meaningful writing. Sometimes I almost wish I get thrown behind bars, I do envy Ulukaev, he now can write stuff in noble solitude, and he has some talent. On the other hand, I am almost certain it is just the pre-election circus and he will be back home a few months after his monster master is reelected, if not earlier...

FatAndy
22-12-2017, 11:51
he will be back home a few months after his monster master is reelected, if not earlier...
...and awarded ;)

Judge
27-12-2017, 10:24
If only 20% returned, would be a nice boost for the local economy,

Putin Tries to Lure $1 Trillion Home as Sanctions Fear Grows

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-26/putin-tries-to-lure-1-trillion-home-as-sanctions-fear-deepens

TheInterocitor
27-12-2017, 17:17
I may write a book one day, plenty of material around us. Gotta finish my current endeavors and escape to a warmer climate for meditation and literary endeavors. Am currently in the survival mode, which is not conducive to prolific and meaningful writing. Sometimes I almost wish I get thrown behind bars, I do envy Ulukaev, he now can write stuff in noble solitude, and he has some talent. On the other hand, I am almost certain it is just the pre-election circus and he will be back home a few months after his monster master is reelected, if not earlier...

I was at my church, and the counselor asked what I really wanted to do, what were my goals? Besides becoming rich, I said I wanted to write, even someday write a whole book, that was my dream. So he said, "Why can't you, what's stopping you?" "Oh, I can never write a book, you have to be special. Only certain people can do that," and "what if it's a bad book" and "What about this, that...what if..." Then he worked through all of my objections - "not enough time" (pick a time every day for writing), no computer (I borrowed the university's computer), and so on. The biggest stopper was my own opinion of myself - it turns out that anyone can write a book, you don't have to be "talented" or "special."

I wrote a couple of chapters, about 30 pages, then the book (a horror novel) started to write itself! The characters came to life. :) I was no longer in control of my own book. :) The protagonist and antagonist become angry, become afraid, became happy, they struggled against each other and their voices were real. They demanded I tell their story. The characters were telling me what was happening, and I was just a dumb typist chronicling their lives.

Russian Lad
28-12-2017, 03:46
What happened afterwards? Did you finish it, did it get published?

TheInterocitor
28-12-2017, 05:32
What happened afterwards? Did you finish it, did it get published?

I wrote the beginning, then a couple years later, the ending, then the middle part about 5 years after that. I sent sample chapter and outline to several NY agents, and one of them expressed interest (this lady has since gone incognito, she has so much business). I never wrote back to her, I was more interested in other things. :fridaysign: I put the book aside and just read other authors. But this year, my brain is functional again, and I submitted my long-overdue biography book to fiverr.com. The reviewer liked it so much she wanted to read my horror novel for free, so I may do both books this year, that is, get them printed and do the marketing myself. I have done books on "Learn How to Speak Spanish" and another for Chinese. They are 100, and 150 pages, and I had about 400 copies printed, they were part of a software package, they were more like user manuals, than professional packaged books.

The issue with a new book is you get 50% of your sales in your first week or two, the marketing has to be good. To get maximum sales, everything - marketing, distribution, reviews, ordering, delivery, has to be aligned and arranged, like a German blitzkrieg. :) Then if you get lucky and your book breaks out, you have to be able to get more copies made and available quickly.

When I was in Russia, I asked about getting my "выучить английский язык" and "Learn Russian" books published/printed. How did I get them to appear in bookstores? I was told the procedure is to pay someone $1000, it doesn't matter if the book is good or bad. One lady gave me a whole stack of Russian Fairy Tales she wrote and wanted published.

Anyway, I just want to say, that what was stopping me from writing a book, was me. Financial considerations were obstacles only because I had postulated them to be obstacles (if that makes sense). The biggest obstacle to writing a book was my own self-imposed restraints.

Russian Lad
28-12-2017, 08:31
This sounds great, wish you good luck with your endeavors. Yes, we are usually the main obstacle on our path to success.:) In Russia, strictly after Putin though, I insist...

americaninmoscow
28-12-2017, 08:46
Thats correct. I wanted to write a book n have it published in Russia. It cost around 20-30k rub and you got shelf space in a store.

TheInterocitor
28-12-2017, 14:42
This sounds great, wish you good luck with your endeavors. Yes, we are usually the main obstacle on our path to success.:) In Russia, strictly after Putin though, I insist...

I will admit, all the time I was in Russia, I had "fail-safe" option - if the business did not work out, if I ran out of money, whatever, I could always go the airport and fly back to the US. I don't think things would change with a (weaker) leader, are you thinking of a May, a Macron, a Merkel? They have lower approval ratings than the Donald and are bureaucrats incapable of changing anything for the better. They are not a good model. I thought I saw continual improvements in Russia, it was moving away from the corruption. Whereas in Ukraine it (corruption) reached down to anyone with a streetside table selling peanuts, in Russia corruption was limited to million-dollar corporations, which is comparable to the West's strangulation of business with its government-sanctioned spiderwebs of taxes and regulations.

My friend said one company had bought all the dating websites in Russia and you had to deal with them if you wanted to make your own dating website.

TheInterocitor
28-12-2017, 14:43
Thats correct. I wanted to write a book n have it published in Russia. It cost around 20-30k rub and you got shelf space in a store.

Was your book non-fiction?

americaninmoscow
29-12-2017, 12:52
Was your book non-fiction?

I ended up selling on amazon and i met my goal of selling 10 copies. :)

FatAndy
29-12-2017, 14:48
It's time to put it onto Flibusta. ;)

TheInterocitor
29-12-2017, 17:53

What's your opinion of Amazon? How did they treat you?

americaninmoscow
29-12-2017, 18:16
What's your opinion of Amazon? How did they treat you?

They keep a lot of the money, but overall, it was and is fine. The one book i have tgeir continues to genedate a super tiny passive revenue and thats fine with me. In fact, im going to take that same material and repurpise it to tey and generate another passive income stream.

americaninmoscow
29-12-2017, 18:20
It's time to put it onto Flibusta. ;)

Im not sure what that is, except maybe a top ten list or a best sellers list and no, im not nor ever will be that awezome. But i did start something and finish it and people paid money for it and liked it, so i felt this project was successful. I added it to my list of things ive done with my life - published book author :)

In fact, wapo quoted me several times in 2017. Nothi g to do with the book, but published in print in more ways than one :)

FatAndy
29-12-2017, 19:26
Im not sure what that is, except maybe a top ten list or a best sellers list and no, im not nor ever will be that awezome.
The biggest piracy literature portal in exUSSR. ;)
http://proxy.flibusta.is

Russian Lad
29-12-2017, 19:43
The biggest piracy literature portal in exUSSR. ;)
http://proxy.flibusta.is

Bigger than rutracker? Your link doesn't open.

Uncle Wally
29-12-2017, 21:33
Bigger than rutracker? Your link doesn't open.

What you RL want to bring home.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/31/homelessness-count-los-angeles-record-level

TolkoRaz
29-12-2017, 21:44
What you RL want to bring home.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/31/homelessness-count-los-angeles-record-level

55,000 people living on the streets in Los Angeles, in Trump's America?

Surely not! Now that has to be Fake News! ;)

FatAndy
29-12-2017, 22:49
Your link doesn't open.
Trigger VPN up :)

americaninmoscow
30-12-2017, 00:11

Surely not! Now that has to be Fake News! ;)

Exactly. In the 3 qs tgat trump has been prez, he has managed to completly wreck the economy.

Not like obama and tge dems, which posted some 60x months of straight vrowth * cough cough * in fact, acckrding to what the taljing points.., in obamas america, life today was better than yesterday and the dear leader promised to make tommorrow even better!

Russian Lad
30-12-2017, 02:09
It is warm there, probably most of the US hobos go to live in California.:) Here in Spb I have known a few people who became hobos, they just disappear after a while. In Putin's Russia Moscow (not the warmest city on earth, while it is crucial to live in a warm climate if you are a hobo, for obvious reasons) alone has up to 100 thousand homeless people and their ranks grow very rapidly...: http://www.mk.ru/politics/2017/12/03/na-dne-pochemu-chislo-bomzhey-v-rossii-rastet-v-geometricheskoy-progressii.html

TheInterocitor
30-12-2017, 02:58

LA - Trump's America? California? Trump's America? :laughing:

Whenever Trump went there, his supporters were attacked by street mobs, the police stood by and whistled. The mobs were encouraged by the mayors, media and political leaders in LA and Chlamydiafornia.

Uncle Wally
30-12-2017, 06:05
It is warm there, probably most of the US hobos go to live in California.:) Here in Spb I have known a few people who became hobos, they just disappear after a while. In Putin's Russia Moscow (not the warmest city on earth, while it is crucial to live in a warm climate if you are a hobo, for obvious reasons) alone has up to 100 thousand homeless people and their ranks grow very rapidly...: http://www.mk.ru/politics/2017/12/03/na-dne-pochemu-chislo-bomzhey-v-rossii-rastet-v-geometricheskoy-progressii.html

Hobo?

A hobo is not the same as a homeless / bum.

Uncle Wally
30-12-2017, 06:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWHh9W5IeBo

It is people like RL that give hobos a bad name.

Uncle Wally
30-12-2017, 06:18
There are more homeless people in New York City.

http://www.coalitionforthehomeless.org/basic-facts-about-homelessness-new-york-city/

The sad fact is many of the homeless are families. Being homeless in America doesn't mean you don't have a job. It just means you don't make enough to afford a home.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/24/facebook-cafeteria-workers-wages-zuckerberg-challenges

Russian Lad
30-12-2017, 06:24
Hobo?

A hobo is not the same as a homeless / bum.

Homeless people, most of them, do some work every now and then and even use trains. Even asking for cash on board a train is sort of work.:) It makes them all hobos, in a way. Use the word "homeless people" if you object to "hobos".

TheInterocitor
30-12-2017, 08:41

How did they become Hobos/Homeless? Did their families decide they drink too much and kick them out, or did they voluntarily just decide to break free from family and hit the road for travel and adventure, or....?

http://www.mk.ru/politics/2017/12/03/na-dne-pochemu-chislo-bomzhey-v-rossii-rastet-v-geometricheskoy-progressii.html

As usual, sociologists are thought to have a solution to, and funded to address, a problem they created.

Uncle Wally
30-12-2017, 12:28
Homeless people, most of them, do some work every now and then and even use trains. Even asking for cash on board a train is sort of work.:) It makes them all hobos, in a way. Use the word "homeless people" if you object to "hobos".

Hobos are not homeless. I guess you have to be American and an older one at that to understand the difference.

There are right now many people homeless that live in their car that have a steady job. It's just that job doesn't pay them enough to afford the ever rising rent cost. Salary's are not going up and you can see in the article I posted that a husband and wife making $15 per hour and $17 have to live in a garage. That is sad for "the richest nation on earth!" I'm hoping Russia never becomes like that. Yeah America is great, and has some of the worst poverty in the world.

TheInterocitor
30-12-2017, 12:56
Hobos are not homeless. I guess you have to be American and an older one at that to understand the difference.

There are right now many people homeless that live in their car that have a steady job. It's just that job doesn't pay them enough to afford the ever rising rent cost. Salary's are not going up and you can see in the article I posted that a husband and wife making $15 per hour and $17 have to live in a garage. That is sad for "the richest nation on earth!" I'm hoping Russia never becomes like that. Yeah America is great, and has some of the worst poverty in the world.

That's California, and that couple making $70,000/year, working in Menlo Park, even at that level they can''t expect to buy a home in Menlo Park, where the median house price is over $2,100,000.

Governor Moonbeam of California, with his taxes and regulations, has taken that state into some bizarre economic territory. And probably Menlo Park has additional regulations to keep out the riff-raff.

Here in my state, when I moved here, I found a house to rent for $200/month. A whole house, with small garage, 2 bedrooms upstairs, kitchen, 2 more bedrooms downstairs, living room, 1 bathroom. Not a mansion, and 1-2 days in the winter the water might freeze, but cozy and liveable. Now I have a much nicer $100,000 house, and the mortgage is $550/month.

All I can say about California and their astronomical housing prices, is that California government regulations and taxes have so over-regulated and taxed the free housing market, so as to make it impossible for average people to afford housing.

Obviously, with its socialist viewpoint, and anti-Trump agenda, "The Guardian" is going to cherry-pick an extreme example and then claim this is the rule.

americaninmoscow
30-12-2017, 17:15

What are u talking about. Of course russia is like that. Moscow has a white wall and if ur from the regions, well forget about trying to move here. And buy something? Hahahahaha

Uncle Wally
30-12-2017, 19:19
What are u talking about. Of course russia is like that. Moscow has a white wall and if ur from the regions, well forget about trying to move here. And buy something? Hahahahaha

I know at least three people that came from outside Moscow and have bought apartments. One is a lawyer, one works for a drug company and the other works for MTS. Oh wait! A dentist and a doctor too.

FatAndy
31-12-2017, 00:11
Moscow has a white wall and if ur from the regions, well forget about trying to move here. And buy something? Hahahahaha
If I did it, why should I forget? :)

Judge
31-12-2017, 01:07
I know at least three people that came from outside Moscow and have bought apartments. One is a lawyer, one works for a drug company and the other works for MTS. Oh wait! A dentist and a doctor too.

Same here , I know people who moved to Moscow and have done good, bought a flat or two,set up business....It's just like London and New York, people move to the big city for a better life.

americaninmoscow
31-12-2017, 03:30
Right, again as i was telling my buddy the other day over beers- its a good thing that moscow and muscovites see themselves as equals to the rest of the country - i mean cuz everyone is equal to each other and there is no such thing as a first class or third class citizen. Those stories of people only getting 15 or up to 30k rub a month? Pure lies. Foreign propaganda. And besides, even if they were true, life in the regions is sooo much cbeaper, they are basically living like kings anywayz.

zzhhst
31-12-2017, 07:56
Same here , I know people who moved to Moscow and have done good, bought a flat or two,set up business....It's just like London and New York, people move to the big city for a better life.

They try and 99% fail. I know two people that did well in the construction trades in Moscow years ago. As a small businessman.Trump cut my taxes from 40% down to 21% THANK GOD HE IS OUR PRESIDENT!!!!!! Call him as you wish he works for me!!! By the way stay away from the crypto bubble only a fool would invest. Bit coins are $30+ a trade and 4 + hours for a transaction. What I hear is Russia's Duma is up for a vote to ban it. While they create there own crypto currency to circumvent the sanctions. You would not wish to do anything in violation against Mother Russia now would you? Happy New Year!!!:winking:

Uncle Wally
31-12-2017, 09:03

The better people move to big cities and do well. I know people from Moscow that have two or even three apartments yet just live off of that and do not try to grow their fortune.

Uncle Wally
31-12-2017, 09:05
Right, again as i was telling my buddy the other day over beers- its a good thing that moscow and muscovites see themselves as equals to the rest of the country - i mean cuz everyone is equal to each other and there is no such thing as a first class or third class citizen. Those stories of people only getting 15 or up to 30k rub a month? Pure lies. Foreign propaganda. And besides, even if they were true, life in the regions is sooo much cbeaper, they are basically living like kings anywayz.

How many Americans own two homes?

How many Russians own two homes? "Dacha"

Judge
31-12-2017, 09:47
They try and 99% fail. I know two people that did well in the construction trades in Moscow years ago. As a small businessman.Trump cut my taxes from 40% down to 21% THANK GOD HE IS OUR PRESIDENT!!!!!! Call him as you wish he works for me!!! By the way stay away from the crypto bubble only a fool would invest. Bit coins are $30+ a trade and 4 + hours for a transaction. What I hear is Russia's Duma is up for a vote to ban it. While they create there own crypto currency to circumvent the sanctions. You would not wish to do anything in violation against Mother Russia now would you? Happy New Year!!!:winking:

Sure, many come to Moscow and leave after only six months, Moscow,big city life isn't for them.

americaninmoscow
31-12-2017, 11:33
How many Americans own two homes?

How many Russians own two homes? "Dacha"

In american english, the dacha would be a summer / beach house, a hunting cabin etc. And lots do. Not everyone, but enough that those words do t seem strange to u. And what 8s a dacha? For many, an unheated shack, without running water or toilets, hardly a big wow.

As to the resg, sure lots of americans own two or more houses. There are entire tv channels dedicated to this biz and how to have this as an income stdeam

americaninmoscow
31-12-2017, 11:35
Sure, many come to Moscow and leave after only six months, Moscow,big city life isn't for them.

Because the money ran out. See my post above, no documents, no work, etc. = White wall.

Judge
31-12-2017, 12:08
Because the money ran out. See my post above, no documents, no work, etc. = White wall.

If it's to with what you said above,then it's bad planning, many come with a job already lined up,place to stay,etc.
I know a few people from Tolyatti who have made the move,they help one another out, when here,place to stay, jobs,even when they have all,some don't like it, for a number of reasons.

The same can be said for expats,who have a good job,paid flat, Moscow, Russia isn't for them,they leave.

Uncle Wally
31-12-2017, 12:42
In american english, the dacha would be a summer / beach house, a hunting cabin etc. And lots do. Not everyone, but enough that those words do t seem strange to u. And what 8s a dacha? For many, an unheated shack, without running water or toilets, hardly a big wow.

As to the resg, sure lots of americans own two or more houses. There are entire tv channels dedicated to this biz and how to have this as an income stdeam

Only 65% of Americans own one home and these are old figures. In fact there are 30 more countries with a higher % of home ownership.

https://www.reference.com/business-finance/many-homeowners-united-states-9871481fba172a2e

The people you know who own more than one are most likely rental property. I know many people who could have owned more than one home in the US but the estate tax made it impossible. Russia has no such tax.

americaninmoscow
31-12-2017, 14:36
If it's to with what you said above,then it's bad planning, many come with a job already lined up,place to stay,etc.
I know a few people from Tolyatti who have made the move,they help one another out, when here,place to stay, jobs,even when they have all,some don't like it, for a number of reasons.

The same can be said for expats,who have a good job,paid flat, Moscow, Russia isn't for them,they leave.

after this, comes simple math. the average salary in moscow is from 40k-75k rub. dont take my word for it, go to hh and see where the greatest majority of jobs are, or again, dont take my word for it, pick up one of the job ads that are passed out at the metro station. see what the salaries they offer are. so, back to the math, and in order to get a morgtage, you have to have at least 10%. in moscow, flats range from 3-100mn rub. but, even at 3mn rub, that comes to 300k that a person has to have. so, even at 60k rub salary, a person would have to save for how many months? 6? if they didnt spend any money at all! of course, people have to live and spend something, so you can see it takes longer. After that, the documents have to be submitted. which means that your papers have to be all good and your job has to be a-ok. etc etc etc. im telling you, there is a reason why people end up out in the suburbs of moscow. its cheaper and the only way to really kinda "make-it".

americaninmoscow
31-12-2017, 14:39
Only 65% of Americans own one home and these are old figures. In fact there are 30 more countries with a higher % of home ownership.

https://www.reference.com/business-finance/many-homeowners-united-states-9871481fba172a2e

The people you know who own more than one are most likely rental property. I know many people who could have owned more than one home in the US but the estate tax made it impossible. Russia has no such tax.

more people own stuff in russia, cuz------> privatisation in the 90s. one of the single largest transfers of wealth in modern history. thats where a lot of the russian success story begins.

as to us figures. lots of people owned crap, or have you already forgotten about the 2008 housing crisis. i would also guess that the bigger cities skew those figures, since, guess what- its hard to buy stuff in a super expensive city. (every city has white walls) (some are just easier to jump over).

Uncle Wally
31-12-2017, 15:09
more people own stuff in russia, cuz------> privatisation in the 90s. one of the single largest transfers of wealth in modern history. thats where a lot of the russian success story begins.

as to us figures. lots of people owned crap, or have you already forgotten about the 2008 housing crisis. i would also guess that the bigger cities skew those figures, since, guess what- its hard to buy stuff in a super expensive city. (every city has white walls) (some are just easier to jump over).

So communism wasn't so bad then. Just the people who live in Moscow did a little better.

You can rent a room in Moscow for as little as 10,000 rubles a month or a one room apartment for as little as 22,000 a month. If you make 75,000 the 300,000 is doable in 10 months or less. Russians can live at a much lower standard than us soft, weak, spoiled Americans.

TheInterocitor
31-12-2017, 15:37
after this, comes simple math. the average salary in moscow is from 40k-75k rub. dont take my word for it, go to hh and see where the greatest majority of jobs are, or again, dont take my word for it, pick up one of the job ads that are passed out at the metro station. see what the salaries they offer are. so, back to the math, and in order to get a morgtage, you have to have at least 10%. in moscow, flats range from 3-100mn rub. but, even at 3mn rub, that comes to 300k that a person has to have. so, even at 60k rub salary, a person would have to save for how many months? 6? if they didnt spend any money at all! of course, people have to live and spend something, so you can see it takes longer. After that, the documents have to be submitted. which means that your papers have to be all good and your job has to be a-ok. etc etc etc. im telling you, there is a reason why people end up out in the suburbs of moscow. its cheaper and the only way to really kinda "make-it".

What "White Wall" of documents are you talking about? If me, a total foreigner, can start a business in Russia (with help of translator, and someone to sit in Notary waiting area and call me when it's my turn :)) hire employees, pay taxes, rent office, open business bank account, etc., why would it be problem for Russian citizen?

Judge
31-12-2017, 15:40

Moscow is forever expanding,new metro connections,train stations,etc.Living just outside of Moscow is ok as long as there is proper infrastructure,schools,medical clinics and so on,this is the first step on the property ladder,rent it out,pay off the loan with the rent money and then maybe invest in a flat inside of Moscow,I know a few who have done this,and worked out OK...

40k-75k rub.

that's a fair enough estimate,however, people can make more than that,say if they are a couple, two wages, clearing 150k between them, bank lending rates are low now,lots of good deals to have regarding flats right now.
Mowscow is like London and NY,it's a magnet,attracts everyone,the dream of a better life,many people have failed in London,NY and even LA, trying their luck to get their name up in lights..

in order to get a morgtage, you have to have at least 10%.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've heard about some building companies,banks not needing the 10%.
Inflation is low, we will see, are seeing another boom time in Moscow,Russsia..

Judge
31-12-2017, 15:55
What "White Wall" of documents are you talking about? If me, a total foreigner, can start a business in Russia (with help of translator, and someone to sit in Notary waiting area and call me when it's my turn :)) hire employees, pay taxes, rent office, open business bank account, etc., why would it be problem for Russian citizen?

Could be "The Wall'' from Game of Thrones, just my guess... wall,Mkad, the white walkers, the nasty unwelcoming Moscowvites:big-grin:

Tiancai
31-12-2017, 16:30
Because the money ran out.

Perhaps some people just genuinely don't like it there? My wife started saying how she wants to leave after about half a year living in Moscow, too. Basically, it's the crappy weather and crappy products that got to her the most. While I could bear those two aspects, I personally was rather irritated by all the propaganda going on, starting even in kindergarten, with all those ribbons and whatnot.

But a lot of people, especially Russian "internal immigrants", seem to think of Moscow as some kind of holy Mecca. When I mentioned at work that my family is moving from Moscow, my co-workers were like "how can one leave.. Moscow?!" (with an expression kinda like as if we were in Eden before the apple incident, and I just decided to walk out of there of my own free will).

americaninmoscow
31-12-2017, 23:07

Opening a biz and being allowed to go to detski sad are 2 different things.

americaninmoscow
31-12-2017, 23:11
So communism wasn't so bad then. Just the people who live in Moscow did a little better.

You can rent a room in Moscow for as little as 10,000 rubles a month or a one room apartment for as little as 22,000 a month. If you make 75,000 the 300,000 is doable in 10 months or less. Russians can live at a much lower standard than us soft, weak, spoiled Americans.

The same could be said for capitalism. Some did well, otgers did better. Bit i think u said someth9ng interesting there. People prosper under capitalism. Under commumism, well, other things are important

As to the rest. Wally, u arent american. U are nothing. A stateless person who has no home. Im not trying to be mean, but you are the living embodiement of what not to do with life. Maybe thats why ur here, to serve as a warning to the rest. Who knows.

americaninmoscow
31-12-2017, 23:15
Could be "The Wall'' from Game of Thrones, just my guess... wall,Mkad, the white walkers, the nasty unwelcoming Moscowvites:big-grin:

Pribably, this allegory is lost on you

http://englishrussia.com/2007/07/20/white-wall-of-moscow/

americaninmoscow
31-12-2017, 23:18
Moscow is forever expanding,new metro connections,train stations,etc.Living just outside of Moscow is ok as long as there is proper infrastructure,schools,medical clinics and so on,this is the first step on the property ladder,rent it out,pay off the loan with the rent money and then maybe invest in a flat inside of Moscow,I know a few who have done this,and worked out OK...

that's a fair enough estimate,however, people can make more than that,say if they are a couple, two wages, clearing 150k between them, bank lending rates are low now,lots of good deals to have regarding flats right now.
Mowscow is like London and NY,it's a magnet,attracts everyone,the dream of a better life,many people have failed in London,NY and even LA, trying their luck to get their name up in lights..

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've heard about some building companies,banks not needing the 10%.
Inflation is low, we will see, are seeing another boom time in Moscow,Russsia..

No, the happy times are very far and long gone. Name one multi national that is expanding. Every single person i know in any company of size outside of crypto has budget cuts

The very bad times that russian lad wrote of in another thread are very close to being realized.

zzhhst
01-01-2018, 08:55
Bullshit!!! 17 YEARS FOR ME!!! I own 5 properties in Moscow none of the money was created in Russia. Only money created was bribes. Most of the properties have been rewired and plumed to western standards.

Judge
01-01-2018, 09:35
Bullshit!!! 17 YEARS FOR ME!!! I own 5 properties in Moscow none of the money was created in Russia. Only money created was bribes. Most of the properties have been rewired and plumed to western standards.

Good for you, but not everyone who comes to Moscow enjoys this way of life, the fast paced city life isn't for everyone.

Judge
01-01-2018, 09:48
No, the happy times are very far and long gone. Name one multi national that is expanding. Every single person i know in any company of size outside of crypto has budget cuts

The very bad times that russian lad wrote of in another thread are very close to being realized.

Ford,VW and IKEA .... McDonald's,KFC and BK probably have plans to expand too.

Uncle Wally
01-01-2018, 16:57
The same could be said for capitalism. Some did well, otgers did better. Bit i think u said someth9ng interesting there. People prosper under capitalism. Under commumism, well, other things are important

As to the rest. Wally, u arent american. U are nothing. A stateless person who has no home. Im not trying to be mean, but you are the living embodiement of what not to do with life. Maybe thats why ur here, to serve as a warning to the rest. Who knows.

Sorry but I like the way things are just find. I like being"stateless" I'm very happy not to be American, that's for sure and I will never own a home or much else for that matter. If it's owning things that makes you feel good about yourself great but you never really own anything.

Judge
16-01-2018, 22:41

Can add BMW to the above...

MOSCOW, January 11. /TASS/. BMW has set up a subsidiary - BMW Russland Automotive LLC - in Russia’s Kaliningrad as part of its program on production development in the country, a representative of the company told TASS.

"Indeed, the company named BMW Russland Automotive LLC has been registered in Kaliningrad. This is a planned step as part of our work to develop production in Russia," he said.

More:
http://tass.com/economy/984681

Russian Lad
18-01-2018, 01:12

Indeed so, bro. Well, I am looking forward to some serious fun, I am a man of the nineties... HoHoho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAATmycgd6U

Russian Lad
18-01-2018, 01:29

Might be the same in Venezuela... Say, McDonalds - http://www.mcdonalds.com.ve/
But there is also this, those are not mutually exclusive, get the bigger picture.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fvPOU7hbBU

Judge
30-01-2018, 13:42
Two headlines that will have the Germans saying, WTF!??

US and Poland oppose Russia-backed Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline to Europe

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/us-and-poland-oppose-russia-backed-pipeline-to-europe/

First Ever Russian LNG Cargo Arrives In The U.S.
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural-Gas/First-Ever-Russian-LNG-Cargo-Arrives-In-The-US.html

Yanks to the Germans, we are allowed cheap Russian gas, but you can F Off!!!

zzhhst
03-02-2018, 23:05
Two headlines that will have the Germans saying, WTF!??

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/us-and-poland-oppose-russia-backed-pipeline-to-europe/

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural-Gas/First-Ever-Russian-LNG-Cargo-Arrives-In-The-US.html

Yanks to the Germans, we are allowed cheap Russian gas, but you can F Off!!!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-19/how-the-u-s-almost-bought-russian-natural-gas-quicktake-q-a

Judge
05-02-2018, 08:05
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-19/how-the-u-s-almost-bought-russian-natural-gas-quicktake-q-a

Thanks for that, some useful info, at the end of the day, it's still Russian gas heating up US homes.Looks like the Germans for now aren't giving in to bully tactics, just yet, they signed off on NS2.

nicklcool
13-06-2018, 05:40
Wow just opened my Sberbank business account, and saw the dollar's at 64.45. When did it start creeping up again? It was steady at the 60-62 range for awhile. Man, this thing is wily- take your eyes off her for a second and she goes and breaks your heart!!

Russian Lad
13-06-2018, 09:10
I think we are just getting started... The crisis will be global and Russia will have the worst part of it, so we may see 100+ even this year. I am just wondering - would a global crisis boost the cryptos?

Judge
13-06-2018, 09:19
Wow just opened my Sberbank business account, and saw the dollar's at 64.45. When did it start creeping up again? It was steady at the 60-62 range for awhile. Man, this thing is wily- take your eyes off her for a second and she goes and breaks your heart!!

It's a present from Putin to your fellow Americans, many are coming over, 2nd most tickets for world cup games bought in America, them travelling here will get great exchange rates.

Uncle Wally
13-06-2018, 09:58

The dollar is at 62 something. The dollar did go up in international trade because of Trump's meeting with Kim though.

Russian Lad
13-06-2018, 15:44
It's a present from Putin to your fellow Americans

How come it is a present if it is taken from the pockets of hard-working Ivans and Mashkas many of whom voted for him and now are on their Russian knees, even women, old people and little, innocent Russian speaking children, - all of them eyeballing galloping prices, rising pension age and increase in taxes? Perhaps Ivans and Mashkas have been fooled?:smug:

Uncle Wally
13-06-2018, 16:02
How come it is a present if it is taken from the pockets of hard-working Ivans and Mashkas many of whom voted for him and now are on their Russian knees, even women, old people and little, innocent Russian speaking children, - all of them eyeballing galloping prices, rising pension age and increase in taxes? Perhaps Ivans and Mashkas have been fooled?:smug:

I just got done talking to a Russian friend who lives in New York City. He said gas is now $4.00 a gallon (4liters) it's still cheaper here.

Russian Lad
13-06-2018, 16:40
I just got done talking to a Russian friend who lives in New York City.

Another Russian kvas-drinking "patriot" who prefers to adore and to admire Putin's Russia from a safe distance of thousands of kilometers?:smug:

TheInterocitor
13-06-2018, 16:46

If you think it's going up, put your money in $ or Euro account, not rubbles...