PDA

View Full Version : economic situation in russia

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21

bydand
25-10-2016, 10:48
German investment in Russia up

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201610231046642657-german-firms-invest-russia/

So... the Germans will own more of Russia.

Judge
25-10-2016, 11:18
So... the Germans will own more of Russia.

Between them and the Chinese not much will beleft, only strategical business like in the energy sector.
Same for what's happening in Germany, they are worried about the Chinese buying up all, even worried enough for politicians to look into this, I'll post a link about this later.

Chancellor Angela Merkel’s coalition government, this week reportedly drafted a proposal that would give EU governments more power to prevent takeovers by foreign state-backed investors.

https://www.ft.com/content/21e6eac4-0d53-3ba9-9c1d-ed3c7b851e90

Uncle Wally
25-10-2016, 18:32
Between them and the Chinese not much will beleft, only strategical business like in the energy sector.
Same for what's happening in Germany, they are worried about the Chinese buying up all, even worried enough for politicians to look into this, I'll post a link about this later.

https://www.ft.com/content/21e6eac4-0d53-3ba9-9c1d-ed3c7b851e90

Don't know how the Chinese have any money left after buying half of NYC and 25% of every other place in America.

TolkoRaz
25-10-2016, 21:04
Don't know how the Chinese have any money left after buying half of NYC and 25% of every other place in America.

And nuclear reactors / power stations in Europe!

Uncle Wally
25-10-2016, 23:02
And nuclear reactors / power stations in Europe!

hell, your beloved Hillary made it possible for a Russian company to take control of 20 % of the fuel in the US to run such plants. She is said to make $140 million dollars for that.

TolkoRaz
25-10-2016, 23:47
hell, your beloved Hillary made it possible for a Russian company to take control of 20 % of the fuel in the US to run such plants. She is said to make $140 million dollars for that.

Uncle Wally, I have met many ladies in my life, I know some like money, but come on, even Hillary Rodham Clinton is not going to live long enough to enjoy that amount of money! ;)

Russian Lad
26-10-2016, 16:29
Innovation news from Skolkovo (does anyone know why the hall is painted as the Ukrainian flag, it is rather unkvas?):

https://youtu.be/MGDt_9BiQYI

TolkoRaz
26-10-2016, 21:16
Innovation news from Skolkovo (does anyone know why the hall is painted as the Ukrainian flag, it is rather unkvas?):

https://youtu.be/MGDt_9BiQYI

Perhaps that explained the need to evacuate! ;)

Mr Zuzzo was in the audience! :10310:

Russian Lad
26-10-2016, 22:57
Mr Zuzzo was in the audience!

Was he? :tongue: Isn't he supposed to be somewhere in the US? Anyway, what sort of innovations are they talking about if they cannot even lay the electrical wiring correctly?

FatAndy
28-10-2016, 19:42
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-16-3562_en.htm
Gazprom has bought these US puppets and lapdogs for cheap, as they deserved. :)

fenrir
01-11-2016, 16:44
Ford to Halt Production in Russia's Leningrad Region

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/ford-to-halt-production-in-leningrad-region-55964

Russian Lad
03-11-2016, 00:22
The dear leader has promised to increase Chechnya funding after Kadyrov refused the sugggested cuts. Is he laughing with us or at us? What do you think, Wally?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stfKJA1EvdQ

Russian Lad
05-11-2016, 14:16
Oil 45 and dropping like a rock, the ruble follows like the best friend, almost 65 rubles for 1 dollar now (isn't it supposed to be 65 copecks?). Such a shame. Have all of the kvas crew members stockpiled on US dollars for the coming winter season? It is gonna be fun. You know the drill, comrades, - run to obmenniks asap, there is still time.

bydand
05-11-2016, 16:46
Got this message on LinkedIn today, since plastic prices are related to oil prices.

- Oil tumbled to one-month low on Monday as OPEC accord remained unresolved. Oil prices fell to a one-month low after weekend talks between OPEC and other major producers failed to yield concrete details on an accord to reduce the global crude surplus.

- Oil continued to decline after U.S. crude stockpiles climbed most on record. Crude inventories rose 14.4 million barrels last week, the biggest gain in data going back to 1982, according to the Energy Information Administration.

- Oil set for sixth straight day of declines. Oil prices were on course for their sixth straight day of falls on Friday, dragged lower by a surge in U.S. crude inventories, timid demand and doubts over the ability of producers to coordinate output cuts.

Oil Supply

- Iraq published rare details on oil production. Iraq has released detailed data about the crude oil output at each of its 26 oilfields as well as equally detailed export figures in an attempt to prove that OPEC’s external-source output estimates do not reflect reality.

- U.S. oil output set to decline as OPEC deal up in air, EIA says. Output in the U.S. will fall 800,000 barrels a day this year, Adam Sieminski, administrator for the EIA, said in an interview in Riyadh.

FatAndy
05-11-2016, 17:36
:emote_popcorn:

Judge
05-11-2016, 19:38
For you guys super keen on keeping an eye on the goings on about Oil ,I went out of my way and started a thread....:smile:
RL, to cover for the low price, Russia is pumping at record amounts...from them old oil fields which you said were running dry...

http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?672939-Pumping-Crude

Russian Lad
05-11-2016, 19:45
For you guys super keen on keeping an eye on the goings on about Oil ,I went out of my way and started a thread....:smile:
RL, to cover for the low price, Russia is pumping at record amounts...from them old oil fields which you said were running dry...

http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?672939-Pumping-Crude

Russia is pumping at record amounts to make the price even more lower? Makes sense...

Judge
06-11-2016, 00:01
Russia is pumping at record amounts to make the price even more lower? Makes sense...

Ask yourself why isn't Russia agreeing to a cut, at least give clear signals, all we see from Russia is pumping like there is no tomorrow..

Uncle Wally
06-11-2016, 00:41
Ask yourself why isn't Russia agreeing to a cut, at least give clear signals, all we see from Russia is pumping like there is no tomorrow..

With many oil wells burning in Iraq now it seems funny that the price would go down. Considering that the oil controlled by IS has not been making it to market as easy as before there must be something funny going on. Burning wells and oil pipeline spills, shooting and gassing oil pipeline protesters.

Russian Lad
06-11-2016, 03:09
With many oil wells burning in Iraq now it seems funny that the price would go down. Considering that the oil controlled by IS has not been making it to market as easy as before there must be something funny going on. Burning wells and oil pipeline spills, shooting and gassing oil pipeline protesters.

Wally must investigate. Have you bought dollars for this winter yet to support the American economy?

I think you may have answered your own question - just change "Russia" to "the Russian pseudoelite"... I seriously doubt they really know what they are doing at this point. Why not just decrease the output to jack up the price? Market share? Might be the case, but it is another zugzwang then, because the Western Siberia fields are close to depletion, many of them, and they will be forced to decrease the production anyway, without investing into proper prospecting due to decreasing funding. I think we are going to see oil at 30-35 pretty soon. Maybe even 25.
Obmenniks are waiting, Judge, run while there is still time. Are you sure you want more kvas? We, the international Jewish community, are deeply concerned.
For those who speak Russian, a Soviet program from 1982:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhGzX2zr-es

nicklcool
07-11-2016, 11:56
Ruble is gaining again against the dollar!

Are we still playing the daily FX rate change game or is that cliche already?

Russian Lad
07-11-2016, 13:06

Yet another reason for you to run to obmenniks asap to buy dollars.:)) I did say there is still time...

Judge
07-11-2016, 15:27

Are we still playing the daily FX rate change game or is that cliche already?

That's our RL, he's get excited whenever the Ruble weakens by a kopek or two.

Russian Lad
07-11-2016, 15:34
That's our RL, he's get excited whenever the Ruble weakens by a kopek or two.

I am expecting the dollar to strengthen by 5+ rubles within the coming two months actually, up to 15 rubles. Forget about the copecks, we are making some serious cash here.:) My goal is to stop eating rotten chicken wings from garbage containers and popato peels soup. I wanna reach Wally's level of success and switch onto Doshirak and even pelmeshki with real meat inside on weekends. Every person must have a dream as they say.

Judge
07-11-2016, 15:37
I am expecting the dollar to strengthen by 5+ rubles within the coming two months actually, up to 15 rubles. Forget about the copecks, we are making some serious cash here.:)

Glad you are, on the recent good Hillary news, oil gained and like you said ,so did its best friend or was that twin brother?

Russian Lad
07-11-2016, 15:41
oil gained

The ruble will be falling even if oil will be gaining, it has happened before already. Soon you will not believe your own eyes, Judge.:) I still want my 100 rubles for 1 dollar and I intend to see those digits relatively soon.

Judge
07-11-2016, 15:49
100 rubles for 1 dollar

Sounds easy enough to convert.

Russian Lad
08-11-2016, 02:51
Sounds easy enough to convert.

Even if it is 101.99 rubles for one dollar? Or 199.99? Besides, thousands of obmennik screens will need to be changed to accommodate an extra digit.

Russian Lad
12-12-2016, 07:58
The Reserve Fund, according to the RF officials, will be fully depleted in 2017 (it used to be over 5000000000000 (five trillion) rubles): https://lenta.ru/news/2016/12/12/ischerpali_rezerv_fond_2017/. The last remaining fund will be untapped, to last for 1-2 years more. What happens after it is depleted as well? I think we have a preview in Venezuela. :flower: At present this second fund has 4.5 trillion rubles, at the current rate of spending it will also be depleted quickly. The clock is ticking and the sand keeps moving in the hourglass. All those trillions could have been used on improving the standards of living, education, science, medical care.

nicklcool
12-12-2016, 12:13
The Reserve Fund, according to the RF officials, will be fully depleted in 2017 (it used to be over 5000000000000 (five trillion) rubles): https://lenta.ru/news/2016/12/12/ischerpali_rezerv_fond_2017/. The last remaining fund will be untapped, to last for 1-2 years more. What happens after it is depleted as well? I think we have a preview in Venezuela. :flower: At present this second fund has 4.5 trillion rubles, at the current rate of spending it will also be depleted quickly. The clock is ticking and the sand keeps moving in the hourglass. All those trillions could have been used on improving the standards of living, education, science, medical care.

Take a deep breath, RL, the sky actually is not falling. RF can just start borrowing money, issuing bonds to China if things get too heated. Or means test some of the generous public benefits; doesn't it (for examle) drive everyone crazy anyway for upper middle class psedoelites to send their children to almost free day care centers (detsky sad). The point is there are almost as many options available to governments to resolve their budget issues, as there are to individuals. On your last comment, wow, all I can say is this backs up pretty well my observation that you want the RF to be MORE like Cuba.
Chillax, every coin has two sides, you are forever foreseeing doom and gloom which causes you to miss how relatively well the RF is handling the ongoing world economic crisis and reprehensible Western sanctions, instituted in order to meddle in her foreign affairs!

Russian Lad
12-12-2016, 13:01
issuing bonds to China if things get too heated.

Why do you think China would be interested in such bonds? Is it helping Venezuela? Do you view China as a global charity that comes to the rescue when someone screws up?

upper middle class psedoelites to send their children to almost free day care centers (detsky sad).

A kindergarten for well-to-do Russians here in Spb costs 30K rubles+ per month, a group has 4-5 children. They don't send their offsprings to kindergartens for proles where the price tag is around 2K rubles per month, the group has 25-30 children and the service is aweful. The same with medical care and so forth.
Anyway, it is a systematic economic deficiency, it cannot be amended by cuts or increased taxes or what not. Buckle up - the next stop - Venezuela.

Uncle Wally
12-12-2016, 14:26
Oil is expected to be $60 a barrel in 2017. It's already over $50.

Judge
12-12-2016, 14:29
Take a deep breath, RL, the sky actually is not falling. RF can just start borrowing money, issuing bonds to China if things get too heated. Or means test some of the generous public benefits; doesn't it (for examle) drive everyone crazy anyway for upper middle class psedoelites to send their children to almost free day care centers (detsky sad). The point is there are almost as many options available to governments to resolve their budget issues, as there are to individuals. On your last comment, wow, all I can say is this backs up pretty well my observation that you want the RF to be MORE like Cuba.
Chillax, every coin has two sides, you are forever foreseeing doom and gloom which causes you to miss how relatively well the RF is handling the ongoing world economic crisis and reprehensible Western sanctions, instituted in order to meddle in her foreign affairs!

The can also sell the crown jewels like they just did with Rosneft, they added over 11bn dollars to the budget... When the jewels are finished ,what will be next for sale?

Russian Lad
12-12-2016, 16:01
The can also sell the crown jewels like they just did with Rosneft, they added over 11bn dollars to the budget... When the jewels are finished ,what will be next for sale?

You are saying unbelievably unkvas things today, Judge. Why? Contemplating switching the sides? :smug::tongue:

Judge
12-12-2016, 16:17
You are saying unbelievably unkvas things today, Judge. Why? Contemplating switching the sides? :smug::tongue:

Slightly over the weather so not thinking straight..:dizzy:

AstarD
12-12-2016, 17:17
Oil is expected to be $60 a barrel in 2017. It's already over $50.Can you cite your source? Mine says $45 in 2017 and $50 in 2018.

FatAndy
12-12-2016, 17:52
Can you cite your source? Mine says $45 in 2017 and $50 in 2018.
Every number has the same source - sucked off a finger. ;)

AstarD
12-12-2016, 18:11
Well, for predictions and forecasts, it is actually asking people and countries in the industry their opinion of what it will be.

nicklcool
12-12-2016, 18:32

More fossil fuels? ;)

AstarD
12-12-2016, 18:35
More fossil fuels? ;)What else? Cheese?

nicklcool
12-12-2016, 19:24
Why do you think China would be interested in such bonds? Is it helping Venezuela? Do you view China as a global charity that comes to the rescue when someone screws up?

A kindergarten for well-to-do Russians here in Spb costs 30K rubles+ per month, a group has 4-5 children. They don't send their offsprings to kindergartens for proles where the price tag is around 2K rubles per month, the group has 25-30 children and the service is aweful. The same with medical care and so forth.
Anyway, it is a systematic economic deficiency, it cannot be amended by cuts or increased taxes or what not. Buckle up - the next stop - Venezuela.

Just pointing out that the RF has other options (other than financial and social collapse) available to it when/if these funds are depleted:
1. Restructure certain welfare benefits
2. Take on sovereign debetc.

Re point 1, I taught in state kindergartens in well to do areas at my previous employer; yes there are families using the subsidized pre-primary schooling who could be means tested out of the benefit to help out with the deficit. They may only earn mid six figures instead of upper six figures, but they do exist; they also use the free medical care. The trick RL is self segregation, just like in the USA: you live in a nicer more expensive community and lobby your government officials to provide nicer facilities. You should have seen how modern the medical center looked in this neighborhood! I wonder if the government keeps income stats on benefit recipients?

Re point two, maybe you're right, maybe China wouldn't buy red bonds. Better dead than red! But the point is, the RF made a conscious decision to pay its debts in the ni eties and then live within its means, so it could try issuing bonds if things got hot. Are there any other countries out there that operate debt free?

But either way, RL, there are many more steps than you wish between sovereign fund depletion and regime collapse. Put your thinking cap on.

Russian Lad
12-12-2016, 19:26
What else? Cheese?

The Russian cheese is shitty, unless you enjoy consuming the palm oil in large quantities. Hemp, honey, brides (https://www.russian4bride.com) and maybe lapti.

FatAndy
12-12-2016, 19:32
Hemp, honey, brides and maybe lapti.
...vodka, semki, ushanka, balalaika, AK and ICBMs :)

Russian Lad
12-12-2016, 19:54
and ICBMs

Are you overcompensating perhaps, comrade?:tongue: They didn't give a sh't about ICBMs during the USSR, at least it didn't deter anything that followed, but rather precipitated it due to excessive spending and the arms race, what makes you believe they would be likely to fall for it now? Is it really necessary to learn the same lesson again?

Russian Lad
12-12-2016, 20:34
But either way, RL, there are many more steps than you wish between sovereign fund depletion and regime collapse.

Now you are saying some evil things like collapse, shame on you, comrade. I am a law-abiding citizen, I believe putinism and stability are here forever. Things are stable in Venezuela too, there is no collapse. So, you are right, it takes time. :smug:

Uncle Wally
12-12-2016, 22:07
...vodka, semki, ushanka, balalaika, AK and ICBMs :)

Wheat, wood, hops, ....... Metals, nickle........

Uncle Wally
12-12-2016, 22:25

Oil today stands at $56 the ruble 61=$

Russian Lad
12-12-2016, 22:34
Oil today stands at $56 the ruble 61=$

An excellent rate, I ran to an obmennik for dollars today, - first thing in the morning, I was in such a hurry I didn't even have breakfast. May sell some at 75-80 later. Those Russians who have any free rubles are doing the same, at least those whom I know. :tongue: By the way, Wally, why was Palmira surrendered to the enemy? It is very unkvas and disheartening, there were special medals issued for the recapture of this Syrian city of pivotal importance, a concert was given in commemoration of the victory one year ago. And now - everything to be started from scratch? When will a full-scale operation like in Afghanistan begin? I thought the Russian воздушно-космические силы are invincible...

Uncle Wally
12-12-2016, 23:18
An excellent rate, I ran to an obmennik for dollars today, - first thing in the morning, I was in such a hurry I didn't even have breakfast. May sell some at 75-80 later. Those Russians who have any free rubles are doing the same, at least those whom I know. :tongue: By the way, Wally, why was Palmira surrendered to the enemy? It is very unkvas and disheartening, there were special medals issued for the recapture of this Syrian city of pivotal importance, a concert was given in commemoration of the victory one year ago. And now - everything to be started from scratch? When will a full-scale operation like in Afghanistan begin? I thought the Russian воздушно-космические силы are invincible...

Because the US unable to make any headway in Mosel Iraq made a deal with ISIS to let the go to attack Palmira so the US can look like they actually did something in Iraq against ISIS. Time could be short with Obama on he's way out and a new bill in congress that will stop the US from supporting terrorist.

Russian Lad
12-12-2016, 23:47
Because the US unable to make any headway in Mosel Iraq made a deal with ISIS to let the go to attack Palmira so the US can look like they actually did something in Iraq against ISIS. Time could be short with Obama on he's way out and a new bill in congress that will stop the US from supporting terrorist.

I see, it is all Obama's fault as usual - no one in Russia is responsible for this failure. I thought he was pissing in our podiezds, but now he is in Syria. Got it. :smug:

Judge
13-12-2016, 07:40

Goldman Sachs have oil at $55 for the first half of 2017, after that is anyone's guess..
ROPEC is working together finally, could see oil hitting $70 next year...

Judge
13-12-2016, 11:31
More fossil fuels? ;)

Not if they sell off the oil/gas fields.
We could mention diamonds and gold, Russia is also a big player in these two....

Uncle Wally
13-12-2016, 12:01
I see, it is all Obama's fault as usual - no one in Russia is responsible for this failure. I thought he was pissing in our podiezds, but now he is in Syria. Got it. :smug:

Yes it is the fault of both the Syrian government forces and Russia but I would say they are doing a very good job while undermanned. Aleppo should fall within days. I still don't see how you can excuse US actions. Support for terrorist is in no way justified. It's sicking and you fools think you will be any better off if these kinds of people take over the whole world?

Uncle Wally
13-12-2016, 12:09
Goldman Sachs have oil at $55 for the first half of 2017, after that is anyone's guess..
ROPEC is working together finally, could see oil hitting $70 next year...

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAlsw0Q?m=en-us

nicklcool
13-12-2016, 12:09
RL, More on why these funds becoming depleted does not necessarily spell the end for the RF...

Russia could also tax remittances by its non-residents; start with rich evil Westerners and move to CIS countries later. It could also institute an estate (death) tax, and again this can be tied to income so the poorest of the poor feasting on rotting chicken wings are not hurt.

(RL, this is another way the Russians can live on such small incomes compared to the West- remember when you said the free soviet era apartment passed on from Aunt Natalie to nephew Vova cannot explain how Russians survive on such meagar incomes, that it's no different than when aunt Margaret passes away in the USA? Well is this transfer of wealth in Russia taxed?)

Or it could adjust its Public transport benefits - I for one see no need for the ancient grandmas to crowd up the rush hour trains- where are they rushing to so early in the morning!? So limit the times that their free Metro cards are available, and also restrict the validity periods for schoolchildren- why should the Russian taxpayer fund a schoolboy's partying on a Friday night? Start fining the drivers who park on sidewalks (had to get that one in!), increase various Moscow fines to reasonable levels (some are pathetically small), crack down on tax cheats (something like when the Italians saw dozens of pools through an aerial photo of the city yet no one was paying their pool tax), etc...

Yes, so many options for the government unless/until these savings funds are depleted, but you are awaiting this "action" that will occur should the funds be deported and everything descends into chaos...

Russian Lad
13-12-2016, 12:35
Nick, we will see what happens.:) You are trying to push me go around in circles, but I am not willing to. Let's see what happens after both funds become depleted (in 2018 or even sooner because the stampede for the remaining cash has intensified, the gravy is disappearing as we speak). They will never tax hard themselves or other parts of the Russian pseudoelites, which constitute a trifle minority anyway. As to taxing the hoi polloi and various riff-and-raff disadvantaged groups, the majority of the Russian population, - well, over 22 million out of 140 million live in abject poverty already, you cannot get any taxes from a marginalized pauper, and like 30-40 million more live from hand to mouth - you tax them more and they join the first group tomorrow and you will not be able to get any taxes from them after a while, and they will default on their credits adding additional pressure to the wobbling banking sector.
But I see no reason why the situation here should not be the same as in Venezuela or worse. Is it chaos? I would not say so, but the food and supplies are scarce and/or prohibitively expensive. The cigs I smoke cost 55 rubles two years ago, now they cost 100 rubles per pack. The same with other goods and services, with some heavily subsidized exceptions. But they will run out of subsidy money pretty soon. And the salaries of most Russians have remained the same, they have frozen the pension cash again.

bydand
13-12-2016, 14:32
Nick,
Already, here anyway, they have a new scheme to increase tax revenues. We got no property tax bills in the mail and Mrs. bydand started to wonder/worry. She went to pay taxes anyway and was told she had to pay 300 rubles extra because she was late. When she complained we never got any tax bills for the house or the car she was told they are late sending out tax bills, and she can sue (for 300 rubles) in court!

They would not simply dismiss the "late" fee, even though they are sending out bills late. I think there will be thousands of other cases like this.

Armoured
13-12-2016, 14:54
Already, here anyway, they have a new scheme to increase tax revenues. We got no property tax bills in the mail and Mrs. bydand started to wonder/worry.

No idea if this would have worked, but several banks and Yandex.dengi have systems to allow you to enter personal details to check for debts owing tax authorities. Similar exists for traffic fines, and is quite useful, since sometimes notifications take quite some time. (I have received these computerised warnings up to two weeks before the written notice)

I don't know if this captures property taxes though worth a try.

FatAndy
13-12-2016, 15:13

Uncle Wally
13-12-2016, 22:26
Nick, we will see what happens.:) You are trying to push me go around in circles, but I am not willing to. Let's see what happens after both funds become depleted (in 2018 or even sooner because the stampede for the remaining cash has intensified, the gravy is disappearing as we speak). They will never tax hard themselves or other parts of the Russian pseudoelites, which constitute a trifle minority anyway. As to taxing the hoi polloi and various riff-and-raff disadvantaged groups, the majority of the Russian population, - well, over 22 million out of 140 million live in abject poverty already, you cannot get any taxes from a marginalized pauper, and like 30-40 million more live from hand to mouth - you tax them more and they join the first group tomorrow and you will not be able to get any taxes from them after a while, and they will default on their credits adding additional pressure to the wobbling banking sector.
But I see no reason why the situation here should not be the same as in Venezuela or worse. Is it chaos? I would not say so, but the food and supplies are scarce and/or prohibitively expensive. The cigs I smoke cost 55 rubles two years ago, now they cost 100 rubles per pack. The same with other goods and services, with some heavily subsidized exceptions. But they will run out of subsidy money pretty soon. And the salaries of most Russians have remained the same, they have frozen the pension cash again.

You can't compare Russia to Venezuela and sorry to tell you this but some 65 million people in America collect food stamps or something else from a government 20 trillion dollars in debt. Millions more live on the street. How much can they keep on borrowing?

Russian Lad
14-12-2016, 08:50
65 million people in America collect food stamps

Well, it is better than collecting and trying to eat garbage like here. Are you really saying the living conditions of the hoi polloi in Russia and in the US are the same?

bydand
14-12-2016, 09:30
No idea if this would have worked, but several banks and Yandex.dengi have systems to allow you to enter personal details to check for debts owing tax authorities. Similar exists for traffic fines, and is quite useful, since sometimes notifications take quite some time. (I have received these computerised warnings up to two weeks before the written notice)

Thanks Armoured.
The Mrs. pays 3,000 rub a year to the bank, to make sure all utilities are paid on time, it doesn't include taxes. Have not tried Yandex.dengi yet.

Uncle Wally
14-12-2016, 12:27
Well, it is better than collecting and trying to eat garbage like here. Are you really saying the living conditions of the hoi polloi in Russia and in the US are the same?

No, they are better.

Russian Lad
14-12-2016, 13:36
No, they are better.

Wow, talk about someone completely detached from reality. Ok, I will pass this news to my neighbor who is trying to live on her 8K rubles pension while paying 4K rubles for her apartment utilities. Maybe I should stop giving this Russian woman food when she is starving and begs for it, what do you think? She lives better than all those punks in the US, according to you. :smug: Why do you hate the Russians this much, Wally? What did they do to you to deserve this cruel attitude?

Judge
14-12-2016, 13:41
Thanks Armoured.
The Mrs. pays 3,000 rub a year to the bank, to make sure all utilities are paid on time, it doesn't include taxes. Have not tried Yandex.dengi yet.

Talking about traffic fines, if you pay online early you pay less, was told,50% less.

Armoured
14-12-2016, 14:53
Talking about traffic fines, if you pay online early you pay less, was told,50% less.

Yes, I can confirm got one of these recently for a camera-based fine. 250r instead of 500r. (Actually not sure what I paid, but that was the offer online - then, there was an issue actually completing the transaction. I assume that was a technical matter and not a way to up the amount)))

FatAndy
14-12-2016, 18:38
Discount season came? :D

Suuryaa
14-12-2016, 18:52

There's личный кабинет налогоплательщика, you go to your tax inspection and ask them to register you there and get the login and password. After that you'll see and can pay all your taxes online. Don't know if this works for non-citizens.

Armoured
14-12-2016, 19:08
Discount season came? :D

Оптом дешевле.

nicklcool
14-12-2016, 19:18
Nick,
Already, here anyway, they have a new scheme to increase tax revenues. We got no property tax bills in the mail and Mrs. bydand started to wonder/worry. She went to pay taxes anyway and was told she had to pay 300 rubles extra because she was late. When she complained we never got any tax bills for the house or the car she was told they are late sending out tax bills, and she can sue (for 300 rubles) in court!

They would not simply dismiss the "late" fee, even though they are sending out bills late. I think there will be thousands of other cases like this.

Yes such changes will make [the conservative] expats unhappy of course, because it is the lack of such onerous fines, fees, and regulations that cause them to think Russia is actually a freer country tgan the Western ones. But if you're going to have a country that leans more socialist than capitalist, ya gotta find a way to pay for it, and in general there are three options:
Increase revenue (taxes)
Decrease spending (reduce social welfare benefits, or defense, but this is self-defeating)
Deficit spending (borrow the cash, at risk of kneecaps being shot should repayment be late)

Believe it or not it isn't the poor who usually pay for "austerity" measures - RL's wrong here - and the rich usually exclude their way out - he's right on this point ; it's the middle class who take it in the gut. Partly this is structural but it's also partly of their own making:

Earnng income mostly as an employee

Setting up a buisness as an individual proprietorship instead of an LLC or corporation (scared of paperwork or think it's too much of a bother to go through the hassle of legally setting it up), thereby missing out on all the tax benefits

Spending after tax disposable income on liabilities instead of assets
Etc.

By all means, we can leave the tax code alone if adjusting it would be too regressive. There are plenty of other options for fixing the budget should the funds be depleted; RL's blow it all up and start over approach is neither necessary nor ideal.

Russian Lad
14-12-2016, 19:31
RL's blow it all up and start over approach is neither necessary nor ideal.

All the Russian entrepreneurs I know keep their savings in USD, Euros of gold. Can you imagine an American keeping his savings in rubles in the US??? The system is not sustainable and no games with taxes can remedy the situation, and it is not like the Russian pseudoelites are eager to tax themselves - as to the Russian motley riff-and-raff that used to have some cash - they are either penniless or are fastly approaching this state, taking the credits they will never be able to repay. You live in a dreamland castle as far as today's Russia is concerned, its walls are made of glass. :smug:

it's the middle class who take it in the gut

Where do you see the middle class in the RF??? It is a very thin and diminishing layer, in no position to uphold any robust economy in any meaningful way, let alone a third world, archaic economy of the 20th century wobbling on its last legs... Give it 1-2 years more unless Trump is eager to save it (I see no reason whatsoever why exactly he and the US Congress will rush to the rescue, they can reap much more generous rewards after the days X).

nicklcool
14-12-2016, 19:46
The system is not sustainable and no games with taxes can remedy the situation, and it is not like the Russian pseudoelites are eager to tax themselves. You live in a dreamland castle as far as today's Russia is concerned, its walls are made of glass. :smug:

The idea of taxing remittances is a potentially huge one (h/t President Elect Trump). Look at all the teachers offering their services here on Expat. How many of them pay taxes? I suppose the 90/180 restriction on business visas was an attempt to remedy under the floor work but what about hitting illegal workers in the wallet? Tax remittances (through Western Union, etc.) if you cannot show Russian residency or citizenship, something to this effect. And all the day laborers from the -stans? They're sending cash home too, one assumes.

Russian Lad, what fixes do you propose to help the economic situation in Russia?

Russian Lad
14-12-2016, 20:01
Look at all the teachers offering their services here on Expat.

How often do they get a job on expatru these days?:) The forum is barely alive, like the same ten people post here regularly, including the admins. There used to be way more people. And for taxing them and the likes of them you would need to hire more people, i.e. pay for the redtape and so forth. You might end up with negative numbers after you hire a team of professional taxmen to chase a poor teacher from expatru. And I doubt he can offer a lot of cash tax-wise.

Russian Lad, what fixes do you propose to help the economic situation in Russia?

I cannot suggest fixes for something completely disfunctional and even medieval, it would insult my intelligence. Sorry.:) It is only a matter of time, the point of no return was crossed a long time ago.

nicklcool
14-12-2016, 20:04
and it is not like the Russian pseudoelites are eager to tax themselves - as to the Russian motley riff-and-raff that used to have some cash - they are either penniless or are fastly approaching this state, taking the credits they will never be able to repay.

Where do you see the middle class in the RF???

It is not the fault of whites, "the rich," or the government that Blacks are generationally poor in the USA, and it is not the fault of the elites or the government (once Capitalism took over) that some are perenially poor in Russia. Maybe like 25% of the causal relationship in poverty is due to people "left behind" in the transition away from communism, but even here some picking up of oneself by one's bootstraps would go a long way.

Russian Lad
14-12-2016, 20:18
It is not the fault of whites, "the rich," or the government that Blacks are generationally poor in the USA, and it is not the fault of the elites or the government (once Capitalism took over) that some are perenially poor in Russia.

I am not buying this story, I lived among the US blacks for half a year, those who want to work can have a decent life, including a house, a nice car and so forth, even without going to college before that. Not the same story in Russia - even a person like me with University education and 15+ years experience can only get a measly paying job (20-50K rubles per month in my city). What makes you think the guys like me would want to support this system and these pseudoelites and suggest any improvements? I will not move a finger to help them when the day X comes. I will only laugh - in a restaurant full of ther laughing people like me, just like Wally likes it. And I cannot wait.

americaninmoscow
14-12-2016, 21:25
How often do they get a job on expatru these days?:) The forum is barely alive, like the same ten people post here regularly, including the admins. There used to be way more people.

I don't know. Times have changed, forums in general are no longer king. its all about facebook and other social media now. i personally would use the resume section as an indicator of how many people are in the city and looking for work, or even the quality of of the candidates.

a snapshot of the grey economy, so to speak. its healthy, its alive, and there is plenty of work for those willing to teach english.

Russian Lad
14-12-2016, 21:52
I don't know. Times have changed, forums in general are no longer king. its all about facebook and other social media now. i personally would use the resume section as an indicator of how many people are in the city and looking for work, or even the quality of of the candidates.

a snapshot of the grey economy, so to speak. its healthy, its alive, and there is plenty of work for those willing to teach english.

Ok, it all must been a bad dream, I will wake up to a "healthy and live" Russian economy tomorrow... As to foreigners who teach English in Russia, perhaps you mean those guys who get deported on a regular basis since 2014 under various pretexts? - http://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=1519145
Or you mean poor Russians who teach English for measly salaries in all sorts of schools while they barely know the language themselves? (I remember at least three such "teachers" of female gender here who have posted their half-literate stuff)
My point is - most of the bright Russians have either left the country already or are planning to do it. There is also a third category - people like me, who are in internal immigration due to family circumstances (or maybe because they are just too dumb to immigrate successfully, I may fall into this category as well). No one with a modicum of brain in his head is eager to live inside an Orwell book. If you know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRP_bBASjLI

Judge
14-12-2016, 22:18
No one with a modicum of brain in his head is eager to live inside an Orwell book.
Some expats still here are like the scarecrow...:music:

https://youtu.be/nauLgZISozs

Russian Lad
14-12-2016, 22:53
Some expats still here are like the scarecrow...

Off to see the Wizard Voldemort... :smug:

FatAndy
14-12-2016, 23:30
a snapshot of the grey economy, so to speak. its healthy, its alive
...it's 30 to 70% of the official numbers... :D Allah o akbar, comrade ;)

Uncle Wally
14-12-2016, 23:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep9Vzb6R_58
Off to see the Wizard Voldemort... :smug:

bydand
15-12-2016, 11:50
Setting up a buisness as an individual proprietorship instead of an LLC or corporation (scared of paperwork or think it's too much of a bother to go through the hassle of legally setting it up), thereby missing out on all the tax benefits

Believe it or not, it is harder to close a business than start one. They want tax revenue and don't like it when it stops. When my stepson left our company he retained ownership of another. Three years later he tried to give it back to us for free. He found you virtually have to prove (impossible) you are no longer doing business. They will tax you as long as they want.

bydand
15-12-2016, 13:00
Oh, and Nick, I don't understand what "all the tax benefits" you are talking about are. Unless it is deductions from tax that you would not have to pay at all, if you were grey. americaninmoscow is correct, "...a snapshot of the grey economy, so to speak. its healthy, its alive..."

RL, I think, stated he cannot imagine why anyone would want to start a business in Russia. I can only offer two reasons; to be legal, not have to hide things worrying about getting caught and fined; and a benefit I didn't know of until after starting a business, we can get benzene for one ruble a liter less with a company account!

The tax people are catching people in the grey market. I know a manicurist working from home who was ignorant enough to advertise. The tax woman now gets free manicures for life. The RF coffers get nothing from her "business".

One obvious partial fix might be to "police the police", but I think you know how that would work.

Russian Lad
15-12-2016, 15:44
The tax woman now gets free manicures for life.

:tongue:

Judge
16-12-2016, 09:13
Whilst EU countries still prefer the sanction route ,for now, powerful countries like Japan are working towards a brighter better future with Russia.

The Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) and Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) will ste up a joint investment fund with assets totalling at $1 billion, RDIF's CEO Kirill Dmitriyev said on Friday.

http://tass.com/economy/919839

Not a massive amount, but still a huge improvement from a couple of years ago...

Russian Lad
16-12-2016, 10:46
powerful countries like Japan are working towards a brighter better future with Russia.

Lol. We both know what Japan really wants, don't we? :tongue:

Judge
16-12-2016, 11:17

Sure, and in 50 to 100 years they might succeed, for now they better warm up to Russia cos who knows which way Trump will go...

Uncle Wally
16-12-2016, 11:50

More and better vodka?

nicklcool
22-12-2016, 11:58
60.80!! (According to the Metro wifi homepage)

RL, how much more winning can Trump inspire? Will the ruble dip below 60 in time for Christmas? What a gift that would be!

Uncle Wally
22-12-2016, 12:26

RL, how much more winning can Trump inspire? Will the ruble dip below 60 in time for Christmas? What a gift that would be!

Sorry to burst your bubble but the ruble always goes up at this time of year. Companies need rubles at years end just like at the end of every month. Oil also has something to do with it .

The Dow will hit a all time high this week if not today. The Trump effect some call it but don't get your hopes up. The FED raised rates in the same conditions that they wouldn't have done before and Wall Street always goes up before it crashes. I give it one to three months after Jan, 20th before the manipulators pull the plug and let your dreams go down the drain.

Russian Lad
22-12-2016, 12:34

The ruble is like 9% plus to the dollar for this year, the Chinese yen is like 7% minus. Should we believe the Russian economy has faired 16% better than the Chinese one this year? I don't see a single real indicator, except for the increased oil price, so I am not buying this. Most likely it is a combination of two factors - speculative foreign capital going in for a profit and the Russian authorities depleting the existing (and fastly disappearing) reserve fund(s). So, the "landing" will be nothing short of abrupt eventually, when this "hot" money runs for cover. 100 rubles for one dollar? Very plausible and relatively soon. If my theory about the artificial meddling is correct we will see the dollar right at 59 rubles before the New Year celebrations. Another goal they are trying to achieve is to make guys like me part with their hard currency and buy rubles in a fit of panic. A futile and risible attempt. I will wait for 80 rubles per dollar minimum, and even when this happens I will not be in a hurry to part with my hard currency. So, I wish these mentally challenged people good luck and happy gaming (see the video below, it is me observing their current clumsy moves:)).:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC8xQB87IAc

Uncle Wally
23-12-2016, 11:37
http://www.activistpost.com/2016/12/federal-reserve-initiates-end-game-trump-heads-white-house.html

I was warning my colleagues, “Don’t go wobbly if we have a 10-20 percent correction at some point. … Everybody you talk to … has been warning that these markets are heavily priced.

nicklcool
23-12-2016, 13:38
The ruble is like 9% plus to the dollar for this year, the Chinese yen is like 7% minus. Should we believe the Russian economy has faired 16% better than the Chinese one this year? I don't see a single real indicator, except for the increased oil price, so I am not buying this. Most likely it is a combination of two factors - speculative foreign capital going in for a profit and the Russian authorities depleting the existing (and fastly disappearing) reserve fund(s). So, the "landing" will be nothing short of abrupt eventually, when this "hot" money runs for cover. 100 rubles for one dollar? Very plausible and relatively soon. If my theory about the artificial meddling is correct we will see the dollar right at 59 rubles before the New Year celebrations. Another goal they are trying to achieve is to make guys like me part with their hard currency and buy rubles in a fit of panic. A futile and risible attempt. I will wait for 80 rubles per dollar minimum, and even when this happens I will not be in a hurry to part with my hard currency. So, I wish these mentally challenged people good luck and happy gaming (see the video below, it is me observing their current clumsy moves:)).:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC8xQB87IAc

I hope I haven't triggered you, RL, by pointing out the lowering exchange rate ;)

Sure, the ruble could be gaining thanks to Russian Central Bank meddling, the interest rate in the USA could still be near zero due to the Central Bank applying a tourniquet to our economy. Or we could both be chicken littles, another key point is whose citizens and armies are better suited to handle economic unrest? And remind me again, which country has the higher labor force participation rate?
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-participation-rate
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SL.TLF.CACT.ZS

Or, which country has the higher Muslims-participating-in-terrorist-acts rate? That indicator is a key one for determining the likelihood of your "coming storm." :)

(My whole point being, you are singularly scrutinizing the USD-RUR exchange rate to find signs of economic weakness, but there are many other signs of economic health that you are ignoring in your witch hunt)

Totally unrelated, but my wife heard about the famed nine-ruble bread yesterday; she was shocked that her well-to-d- friend each such groceries. It was was like a Bigfoot sighting!! Nine-ruble bread - so it really DOES exist!! :P

:fridaysign::fridaysign: Before Christmas, everyone!!

Uncle Wally
23-12-2016, 14:46
I hope I haven't triggered you, RL, by pointing out the lowering exchange rate ;)

Sure, the ruble could be gaining thanks to Russian Central Bank meddling, the interest rate in the USA could still be near zero due to the Central Bank applying a tourniquet to our economy. Or we could both be chicken littles, another key point is whose citizens and armies are better suited to handle economic unrest? And remind me again, which country has the higher labor force participation rate?
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-participation-rate
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SL.TLF.CACT.ZS

Or, which country has the higher Muslims-participating-in-terrorist-acts rate? That indicator is a key one for determining the likelihood of your "coming storm." :)

(My whole point being, you are singularly scrutinizing the USD-RUR exchange rate to find signs of economic weakness, but there are many other signs of economic health that you are ignoring in your witch hunt)

Totally unrelated, but my wife heard about the famed nine-ruble bread yesterday; she was shocked that her well-to-d- friend each such groceries. It was was like a Bigfoot sighting!! Nine-ruble bread - so it really DOES exist!! :P

:fridaysign::fridaysign: Before Christmas, everyone!!

Yes, expect some good prices on groceries for the next month. I don't know if it's government subsidized or just the fact that shops will sell/buy more or more produce coming from South America. Happy New Year!

Russian Lad
23-12-2016, 16:52

You keep thinking that I am ignoring other factors, but in fact I don't. Tell me, you also believe the Russian economy has faired better than the Chinese one this year, by 16%?:))) There has been another currency that has been exceptionally strong this year, the Brazilian one. Which is ridiculous. So, there has either been the state meddling or the speculation carry trade capital or both (most likely). The bubble will burst, and with a loud bang. It is a shame I don't have any free rubles, I would rush to buy dollars. Most likely they (the apparatchiks) will set the rate at 59-60 rubles to 1 dollar for the coming holidays. The hangover after the holidays will be excruciatingly painful for many unsuspecting Russians using kvas-filled marshmallows for brains.

FatAndy
23-12-2016, 19:20

Uncle Wally
23-12-2016, 23:08
You keep thinking that I am ignoring other factors, but in fact I don't. Tell me, you also believe the Russian economy has faired better than the Chinese one this year, by 16%?:))) There has been another currency that has been exceptionally strong this year, the Brazilian one. Which is ridiculous. So, there has either been the state meddling or the speculation carry trade capital or both (most likely). The bubble will burst, and with a loud bang. It is a shame I don't have any free rubles, I would rush to buy dollars. Most likely they (the apparatchiks) will set the rate at 59-60 rubles to 1 dollar for the coming holidays. The hangover after the holidays will be excruciatingly painful for many unsuspecting Russians using kvas-filled marshmallows for brains.

Look all currency is manipulated and the stock market too. There will always be problems until we hang George Soros and a few others. You may have noticed that terrorist never attack rich people. Why is that?

fenrir
24-12-2016, 17:47
You may have noticed that terrorist never attack rich people. Why is that?

Easy. Because they have good personal security.

nicklcool
24-12-2016, 18:23
Look all currency is manipulated and the stock market too. There will always be problems until we hang George Soros and a few others. You may have noticed that terrorist never attack rich people. Why is that?

They can "buy" 2A rights, while the elitists in America to pry this constitutional right of out the hands of the everyday man? ;)

Uncle Wally
24-12-2016, 20:44
Easy. Because they have good personal security.

Yeah right.

Uncle Wally
24-12-2016, 20:51
They can "buy" 2A rights, while the elitists in America to pry this constitutional right of out the hands of the everyday man? ;)

Look if you or your bank has billions of dollars you can manipulate any stock, any currency (George Soros proved this more than once) or the price of gold, silver or any other metal for that matter. You can also manipulate the US government. If not you can always pay someone to shoot Trump.

bydand
25-12-2016, 18:38
So... take your own advice and buy gold. Be happy with your royalties. What are you complaining about, if not people more successful than you? Soros is a gravy sucking pig that took from you and us? Got it, panyatna, there are enough gravy sucking pigs in the world!

Oh... tell me again Wally, I have not committed yet, when will gold soar?

Uncle Wally
25-12-2016, 20:46
So... take your own advice and buy gold. Be happy with your royalties. What are you complaining about, if not people more successful than you? Soros is a gravy sucking pig that took from you and us? Got it, panyatna, there are enough gravy sucking pigs in the world!

Oh... tell me again Wally, I have not committed yet, when will gold soar?

Don't, you should not buy any gold, just keep all your money in dollars. In fact you should keep all your money in a US bank. Sell everything you can and put it all in the bank. It would be even better if you put all your money in an Italian bank.

Judge
28-12-2016, 14:04
The demand for Russian gas keeps on growing.

The biggest consumers of Russian gas are still Germany (47.4 billion cubic meters in 2015), Turkey (27 billion), Italy (24.4 billion), Great Britain (22.5 billion), and France (10.5 billion).

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-27/who-wants-keep-gas-flowing-through-ukraine-and-why

If only the Russian budget was less reliant on gas revenues, then the gas weapon would be even more powerful:smug:.Gas to the EU countries will be even cheaper if they build NS2.We might see Russia sending 200 bcm in a few years..

Judge
28-12-2016, 14:16
Nick said,

I know I sound repetitive at times, Globus have freshly baked bread for 7.90ru.

Uncle Wally
28-12-2016, 15:13

No not at all, the price keeps going down. Pretty soon they'll be paying people to take the bread.

Russian Lad
28-12-2016, 15:51
No not at all, the price keeps going down. Pretty soon they'll be paying people to take the bread.

For your Russian language practice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V05FkgpT3Lg

fenrir
28-12-2016, 17:19

Have you tried it yet?

Judge
28-12-2016, 17:23
Have you tried it yet?

No, I have a bread machine and I try not to touch bread since I've been on the Kremlin diet:smile:.....Globus have an in-house bakery.... German company, top class ...Their canteen is packed most of the time...
At that price they are basically giving it away..

Judge
28-12-2016, 17:36
You're right,
Many people don't even bother returning their trolly to get the 10ru back...

fenrir
28-12-2016, 19:45
No, I have a bread machine and I try not to touch bread since I've been on the Kremlin diet:smile:.....Globus have an in-house bakery.... German company, top class ...Their canteen is packed most of the time...
At that price they are basically giving it away..

It is either heavily subsidized or has interesting ingredients (sawdust anyone?).

Judge
28-12-2016, 23:20
It is either heavily subsidized or has interesting ingredients (sawdust anyone?).

No, I'd say it's just wishful thinking on your part..
Bottom line is , the sanctions have worked in Russia's favour, kicked started sectors that were idle... like Metallica once said, sad but true....

Tomorrow I'll pass Globus and buy a loaf and test it, you do trust me ?
If you're that bothered I'll even post pics of this 7.9ru bread..

Uncle Wally
28-12-2016, 23:49
Bottom line is , the sanctions have worked in Russia's favour, kicked started sectors that were idle... like Metallica once said, sad but true....

Yeah it couldn't be the fact that Russia produced so much grain this year.

Judge
28-12-2016, 23:55

Now that's a fact, Russia is number one exporter.

fenrir
29-12-2016, 10:21

Then ALL bread would be very cheap, not just the one example you dredged up.

fenrir
29-12-2016, 10:24

I'll trust you, of course. If it turns out to be decent, then maybe it is a good example of a loss leader. We have companies doing that here with milk and certain kinds of fish.

Uncle Wally
29-12-2016, 12:57
Then ALL bread would be very cheap, not just the one example you dredged up.

Who said it wasn't?

Uncle Wally
29-12-2016, 13:01
I'll trust you, of course. If it turns out to be decent, then maybe it is a good example of a loss leader. We have companies doing that here with milk and certain kinds of fish.

Ah,ha ha, right! They are selling milk cheap because they lost a huge market unlike Russia that has gained markets for it's wheat.

fenrir
29-12-2016, 13:36
Ah,ha ha, right! They are selling milk cheap because they lost a huge market unlike Russia that has gained markets for it's wheat.

No, you ignoramus. It's because the EU ended the milk production quota system that had been in place since 1984, so now producers can produce as much as they wish and are capable of. Increased supply brings prices down.

Armoured
29-12-2016, 14:10

The point is not that it's 'cheap' but that sometimes the stores actually sell at below cost for marketing purposes.

Milk is a traditional loss leader in many countries' grocery stores. Consumers buy it fairly often, particularly those with children, and so advertising milk at a very low price - including below its actual cost - is a good way to get them in the door, particularly for those shopping for many.

Bread would be a good candidate for loss leader product in Russia for similar reasons.

[I'd add 'you ignoramus' but that seems to have already been covered.]

Judge
29-12-2016, 19:33

Finnish court fines Valio for 70 mln euros for lowering milk prices

It seems they can't sell it very cheap in the EU, otherwise they will get slapped with a fine...

http://tass.com/economy/923206

fenrir
30-12-2016, 00:04
It seems they can't sell it very cheap in the EU, otherwise they will get slapped with a fine...

http://tass.com/economy/923206

Are you serious? They got hit for essentially dumping. Don't pull a Wally and try to make it out to be something that it isn't.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/valio_fined_by_market_court_in_milk_war/7323072

Uncle Wally
30-12-2016, 01:03
Are you serious? They got hit for essentially dumping. Don't pull a Wally and try to make it out to be something that it isn't.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/valio_fined_by_market_court_in_milk_war/7323072

Yeah and that's your problem isn't it? Your country can't dump their milk because nobody in Europe really needs them. But since you morons think that someone"needs you" you just come out with a sour ass
bend over because here it comes fool.

fenrir
30-12-2016, 01:24
Yeah and that's your problem isn't it? Your country can't dump their milk because nobody in Europe really needs them. But since you morons think that someone"needs you" you just come out with a sour ass
bend over because here it comes fool.

Ha, ha, ha. Wally is drunk again pretending he knows something about anything!!!

Armoured
30-12-2016, 07:54
I have better things to do.

Unlikely.

Uncle Wally
30-12-2016, 08:53
Unlikely.

No, really you're just lucky the holidays interrupted my new project.

Uncle Wally
30-12-2016, 09:57
No, you ignoramus. It's because the EU ended the milk production quota system that had been in place since 1984, so now producers can produce as much as they wish and are capable of. Increased supply brings prices down.

When is something going to be done about this insulting troll? What does he ever post that has any redeeming value to this forum. He gloats about the death of Russians and can't wait to post about any tragic event that befalls Russia. You're a ******* coward.

fenrir
30-12-2016, 11:01
When is something going to be done about this insulting troll? What does he ever post that has any redeeming value to this forum. He gloats about the death of Russians and can't wait to post about any tragic event that befalls Russia. You're a ******* coward.

Cry us a river, Wally. I use facts (the change in EU milk production rules, for example), not dodgy websites or 'legends in their own minds' so-called 'experts.' You just can't handle factual information, especially when it deconstructs one of your stupid, ill-informed statements.

FatAndy
30-12-2016, 11:41
What does he ever post that has any redeeming value to this forum.
It is called the freedom of speech, comrade. :)

He gloats about the death of Russians and can't wait to post about any tragic event that befalls Russia.
Let him, KGB is recording everything. ;)

Uncle Wally
30-12-2016, 12:21
Cry us a river, Wally. I use facts (the change in EU milk production rules, for example), not dodgy websites or 'legends in their own minds' so-called 'experts.' You just can't handle factual information, especially when it deconstructs one of your stupid, ill-informed statements.

You are delusional and a intellectual runt. Stunted by American lead tainted water no doubt. The fact remains that the EU had less problems before the fools in Washington made the EU put sanctions on Russia.

You seem to not be able handle facts. Like the facts about physics and your government support of terrorist.

Russian Lad
05-01-2017, 18:12
Dollar 59.38, just like I said on December 22... Всё идёт по плану (С)

Judge
06-01-2017, 18:22

When you have someone who knows what they are doing , they will be praised..

Head of Russian central bank named European Banker of the Year

https://www.rt.com/politics/372678-award-nabiullina-russia-inflation/

Russian Lad
06-01-2017, 21:32
When you have someone who knows what they are doing , they will be praised..

Like I said, they are just meddling and burning cash, it will run out pretty soon. A crisis in China and/or in the West similar to the one they had in 2008 or worse - and it is Venezuela or worse here during the same week/month. Give it one-two years. Maybe even less. Some experts believe the stagnation and today's decay will last for many years in Russia, I don't share this opinion. Things will develop swiftly and briskly. It is the digital age out there. :tongue:
As to Nabiulina's praise, sure - she is the best, the West could not dream about such a present even in the nineties.
One of the measures they use is closing banks and thus stifling the liquidity - but what are they gonna do when no such donor banks are left? It seems to be a one-way street to me, and I see only a dark concrete wall at the end of this street. And we are moving towards it alarmingly fast.

Uncle Wally
07-01-2017, 01:20
Like I said, they are just meddling and burning cash, it will run out pretty soon. A crisis in China and/or in the West similar to the one they had in 2008 or worse - and it is Venezuela or worse here during the same week/month. Give it one-two years. Maybe even less. Some experts believe the stagnation and today's decay will last for many years in Russia, I don't share this opinion. Things will develop swiftly and briskly. It is the digital age out there. :tongue:
As to Nabiulina's praise, sure - she is the best, the West could not dream about such a present even in the nineties.
One of the measures they use is closing banks and thus stifling the liquidity - but what are they gonna do when no such donor banks are left? It seems to be a one-way street to me, and I see only a dark concrete wall at the end of this street. And we are moving towards it alarmingly fast.

Russia didn't do bad in 2008.

It wasn't Russia that started this liberal, who cares, take as much credit, have gay sex, take drugs and don't worry about tomorrow life style. It wasn't Russia who destroyed small farms and killed off the family. It is the rich who fooled themselves into believing they are greater than this earth. I give humans about 2 or 3 more years before the pain of reality sets in and it will have nothing to do with Russia or Putin. In fact Russians will do better because they live closer to the land.

nicklcool
09-01-2017, 12:15

63.9 already, right on time as everyone is distracted by Back to School & Work. Exactly as you predicted, right, RL?

Russian Lad
09-01-2017, 12:35
63.9 already, right on time as everyone is distracted by Back to School & Work. Exactly as you predicted, right, RL?

Still 59 - and yes, just as I predicted on December 22 here, down to the ruble. They are meddling with the rate and the ruble will fall like a rock after a certain chain of events. The Americans are playing good cop vs. bad cop at the moment (the Trump-Obama alleged standoff which is nothing but a theatrical performance), for one reason alone - to avoid wrong red buttons getting pushed here in Russia when the perfect storm hits. Trump will be shouting: "Hey, it is all Obama's fault, I am your friend now, would have saved you right away but for the bad senators who restrain me!" (Держите меня семеро! (С) as we say). The Americans are laying grounds for the future perfect storm here and the Russian pseudoelites are doing nothing good for the economy and are dumb enough to swallow all the baits. Tant pis as the French say.:) It is better than reading a book these days - just reading the news. The Americans are the masters of shows, you cannot beat them on this turf. So, their response is as hybrid as the RF's hybrid approach, and much more. I am sure there will be a lot of fun this year.
They are so desperate for the hard currency to remain in Russia they are even meddling with Internet sales (for hard currency) - this is sheer panick and despair, nothing short of it - http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/aktsii/fts-zamorozila-ekspress-dostavku-posylok-iz-zarubezhnykh-internet-magazinov-1001650531

Uncle Wally
09-01-2017, 13:21
Still 59 - and yes, just as I predicted on December 22 here, down to the ruble. They are meddling with the rate and the ruble will fall like a rock after a certain chain of events. The Americans are playing good cop vs. bad cop at the moment (the Trump-Obama alleged standoff which is nothing but a theatrical performance), for one reason alone - to avoid wrong red buttons getting pushed here in Russia when the perfect storm hits. Trump will be shouting: "Hey, it is all Obama's fault, I am your friend now, would have saved you right away but for the bad senators who restrain me!" (Держите меня семеро! (С) as we say). The Americans are laying grounds for the future perfect storm here and the Russian pseudoelites are doing nothing good for the economy and are dumb enough to swallow all the baits. Tant pis as the French say.:) It is better than reading a book these days - just reading the news. The Americans are the masters of shows, you cannot beat them on this turf. So, their response is as hybrid as the RF's hybrid approach, and much more. I am sure there will be a lot of fun this year.
They are so desperate for the hard currency to remain in Russia they are even meddling with Internet sales (for hard currency) - this is sheer panick and despair, nothing short of it - http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/aktsii/fts-zamorozila-ekspress-dostavku-posylok-iz-zarubezhnykh-internet-magazinov-1001650531

They aren't "meddling" with anything. The dollar and euro are falling.

nicklcool
09-01-2017, 14:36
RL,

Would a government thst is in tatters be spending trillions of rubles on a one-time 5k payout to all pensioners?
http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/58734caa9a794779b5fb8519
Maybe all is not as bleak or forboding as you describe? :evil:

Russian Lad
09-01-2017, 14:42
Would a government thst is in tatters be spending trillions of rubles on a one-time 5k payout to all pensioners?
http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/58734caa9a794779b5fb8519
Maybe all is not as bleak or forboding as you describe?

The Russian economy is like SPb weather I guess. It was minus 25 C two days ago and now it is raining outside as we speak. Those 5K payouts to pensioners - they promised them but still haven't paid them, leaving millions of pensioners without the NY table. And they promised those 5K instead of the annual inflation-correction increase of pensions - if you do the math, they are saving a lot this way (well, taking the cash from the pockets of pensioners). You have used a dismal example, try again. Harder.:) Because your example only proves my case, not yours. They are in such a panick they have begun pinching from the social group the elderly (they do the pension accumulation part freezing as well, just shows how desperate and frightened they are). The gravy ocean is turning into the gravy trickle, and very fast. Soon even the trickle will dry out and the real fun commences. Buckle up, Cool Nick.

Judge
23-01-2017, 15:11
Chef Ben, you might find this interesting, in the other thread you were talking about Austria wanting back in the Russian market.

Austrians Count Cost of Losing 'Paradise Market' in Russia Due to Sanctions.

https://sputniknews.com/business/201701211049864785-russia-austria-import-sanctions/

TheInterocitor
23-01-2017, 16:56
Hmmm, looking at the Forex markets, the dollar seems to be gaining against all currencies, since the US election.

Oh, wait, there's one exception - the Russian ruble!

Judge
31-01-2017, 14:48
Not bad, not bad, could easily break the 10bn barrier if only they lifted .............

Tourism contributes about $8 bln to Moscow city budget in 2016

http://tass.com/economy/928142

Uncle Wally
14-02-2017, 14:35
I know why Russian Lad is not here much.

He's sitting outside the exchange booth clutching a fist full of dollars trying to get rid of them as fast as he can!

The ruble hit 57 today.

You may have also noticed we have a few new members from America on expat. Is it the Trump effect? Warming relations?

FatAndy
15-02-2017, 14:58
. Is it the Trump effect? Warming relations?
They forsee massive repressions, looking around for an asylum... and tax reduction options ;)

Uncle Wally
15-02-2017, 16:19
56 today.

Russian Lad
16-02-2017, 02:16
56 today.

So what? I am not selling my hard currency till it is 80+ again.:) I bought it for 30 but I don't care. They may as well bring it down to 10, I will not budge. Just as most of the other hard currency holders here in Russia - there are no idiots among us, comrade Wally. The economy is shrinking and all indicators scream fire at the face of anyone with a modicum of intelligence. As usual, if anyone has any spare rubles - run to buy American dollars - the first thing in the morning. Or you will bite your elbows in despair later, in 3-5 months time. It is the Endspiel phase of the Game, things will snowball fast I believe.
By the way, Wally, is Trump still a dear friend of Putin's Russia or he has already betrayed you?:) Have you been listening to Sean Spicer recently?:)

and tax reduction options

VAT reduction perhaps?:)

bydand
16-02-2017, 10:05
56 today.

DowJIA 20,611 today!

FatAndy
16-02-2017, 11:30
Have you been listening to Sean Spicer recently?:)
One more retired counter-admiral, forced to play idiot publicly to add some sweaty dollah to his beggar pension? :) Or he doesn't know yet Russia already has returned Krym 3 yrs ago? So stuuuuupid... ;)

VAT reduction perhaps?:)
НДФЛ ;)

DowJIA 20,611 today!
Tramponomics in action since Nov 2016, see graph and accept my congratulations, comrade! ;)

Russian Lad
16-02-2017, 13:05
So stuuuuupid...

Well, it was not the US dollar that got slammed hard as a result, it was the Russian ruble. Actually Russians, on average, are more poor than Europeans now, including Romanians and Bulgarians: http://www.mk.ru/economics/2017/02/13/rossiyu-obognali-po-urovnyu-minimalnykh-zarplat-bedneyshie-strany-evrosoyuza.html
Me, I would abstain from calling anyone stupid here... I am a very polite person.:) Are you trying to offend the social group "American press secrataries"?

FatAndy
16-02-2017, 13:21
Well, it was not the US dollar that got slammed hard as a result, it was the Russian ruble. Actually Russians, on average, are more poor than Europeans now, including Romanians and Bulgarians: http://www.mk.ru/economics/2017/02/13/rossiyu-obognali-po-urovnyu-minimalnykh-zarplat-bedneyshie-strany-evrosoyuza.html
Me, I would abstain from calling anyone stupid here... I am a very polite person.:) Are you trying to offend the social group "American press secrataries"?

No, I only define their intellectual level. :)

Uncle Wally
16-02-2017, 14:56
DowJIA 20,611 today!

Yeah but there is trouble brewing.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/a-new-spike-in-mortgage-delinquencies-spells-trouble/ar-AAmYvTb?li=BBnbfcN

Uncle Wally
16-02-2017, 15:00

The ruble is the best performing currency in the world. If the government weren't trying to keep it lower it would have done much better.

Russian Lad
16-02-2017, 16:46
No, I only define their intellectual level.

Ok, if the Russians are so smart, why are they so poor on average, more poor than Bulgarians and Romanians now, by a large margin? I am asking this as a Jew. You cannot heal illnesses or prolong life or improve the quality of living by the so-called "spirituality", which is also questionable, or by saber-rattling and hybrid lies and empty rhetorics. What is the purpose of the whole exercise? Honestly, I think most Russians have been fooled and robbed at daylight. Including me, partially, though I am trying to mitigate the damage by following my own agendas and not trusting whatever BS they feed us.

The ruble is the best performing currency in the world.

Sooner or later it will crash again, like it has been doing for the last twenty years. I bet on "sooner". I remember 1 dollar costing 60 copecks, then 3 rubles, then 6, then 13, then 25, then 30, then 79. Ok, now it is 57, but I bet it will be 79+ pretty soon. It is simple logic, Wally, and I am sure even a guy like you can understand it, unless you have completely substituted your brains with alcohol. I see absolutely nothing that can reverse this trend that has lasted for decades.

TheInterocitor
16-02-2017, 17:24

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/a-new-spike-in-mortgage-delinquencies-spells-trouble/ar-AAmYvTb?li=BBnbfcN

MSN, AKA "MSN-LSD" sang hosannas to the wonderful Obama economy. Now that the Donald is in the White House, everything is horrendous! The Economy is falling off a cliff!

TheInterocitor
16-02-2017, 17:28
More bad news about the Russian economy.

https://www.investing.com/economic-calendar/

08:00 (Today) RUB Central Bank reserves (USD) (Fell to) 393.6B (From) 394.1B (month-to month).

At this rate of decline, they will run out of reserves in 2063 !!!

TheInterocitor
16-02-2017, 20:14

The EU doesn't use facts anymore. The Eurocrats use the media and "hate-speech" regulations to shape "behavior modfication" so that all the peons will trudge willingly into their Brave New World, designed by the social scientists. Here and there, the hoi polloi are still (rarely) allowed to vote on the status quo, and when they do have the opportunity, they reject the so-called "democratic" Establishment with a bang! - Trump's election, Brexit, Netherlands (only nation which allowed citizens to vote on Ukraine accession - soundly rejected). If the people vote 49% against the Eurocracy, there is the sound of silence from the ruling cl**** and the next day the 51% is greeted as a mandate.

TheInterocitor
16-02-2017, 20:23

You know that URL refers to minimum wage, not actual wage, nor even average wage? And how many employers are abiding by that law? Many jobs are not covered by minimum wage laws. Wiki says per capita GDP (as measured in $) is higher in Russia than in Bulgaria or Romania, and when you remove the temporary distortion caused by the inflated exchange rate, per-cap GDP is more than double.

bydand
16-02-2017, 21:27
You know that URL refers to minimum wage, not actual wage, nor even average wage? And how many employers are abiding by that law? Many jobs are not covered by minimum wage laws. Wiki says per capita GDP (as measured in $) is higher in Russia than in Bulgaria or Romania, and when you remove the temporary distortion caused by the inflated exchange rate, per-cap GDP is more than double.

Bill Gates walks into a bar; on average, everyone in the bar is a billionaire!

bydand
16-02-2017, 22:14

Let them forget about buying a house with a federally guaranteed loan. They can inherit what their parents leave them, like in Russia!

TheInterocitor
16-02-2017, 22:34
Let them forget about buying a house with a federally guaranteed loan. They can inherit what their parents leave them, like in Russia!

Most elderly people go into the nursing home, and Medicare gets all of their money.

Tough luck, kids! If you want anything from your parents' estate, go to the auction and bid on it. Otherwise, you get nothing!

TheInterocitor
16-02-2017, 22:36

Speaking of "brew" :

Washington DC Stores-sell-out-of-Donald wine/ (http://www.wmal.com/2017/02/16/d-c-stores-sell-out-of-trump-wine/)

bydand
16-02-2017, 22:51
Most elderly people go into the nursing home, and Medicare gets all of their money.

Tough luck, kids! If you want anything from your parents' estate, go to the auction and bid on it. Otherwise, you get nothing!

Well, if the Merkun children took care of their parents [sarcasm] like Russian children [sarcasm], maybe their parents wouldn't pay to stay in a nice nursing home. I've been in Russia over ten years and have heard nothing of nursing homes, though I have heard of non-family members promising to take care of elderly if they are guaranteed something (like the house, or apartment) in the will.

FatAndy
17-02-2017, 03:22
Ok, if the Russians are so smart, why are they so poor on average, more poor than Bulgarians and Romanians now, by a large margin? I am asking this as a Jew.
Answering you as proletary internationalist, I can assure you Lavrov and Zaharova earn more than average ministers and speakers of Bulgaria and Romania, by a large margin. :)

Russian Lad
17-02-2017, 06:18
Answering you as proletary internationalist, I can assure you Lavrov and Zaharova earn more than average ministers and speakers of Bulgaria and Romania, by a large margin. :)

Somehow I am sure that you are right about this. So, many dozens of millions of impoverished Russians should envy Lavrov and Zakharova and suffer from malnutrition in silence, correct? :nerd: Perhaps they should be proud and bear this in mind every time their hungry little children stretch out their shaking, febrile hands in the direction of meat shelves in grocery stores? You know the theory of communicating vessels, I believe...

bydand
17-02-2017, 11:23

Lavrov and Zaharova walk into a bar; on average, everyone in the bar is a millionaire!

Uncle Wally
21-02-2017, 14:50
https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAn7LOZ?m=en-us

"dignified poverty, ?

Russian Lad
21-02-2017, 17:39
Wally, why such an unkvas article? Everyone is laughing in restaurants, no? His English is terrible, by the way. Hope he knows the economics much better but I would not bet a single copeck on this. What he is saying is nonsense - like the sanctions are not affecting the economy. So, basically, he is saying stupid things with a heavy Russian accent in broken English. I spoke like this in high school.:) So, Wally, you must realize you are supporting a hopelessly losing side full of dabbling amateurs. Are you beginning to see the light yet?:)

FatAndy
21-02-2017, 19:45
Lavrov and Zaharova walk into a bar; on average, everyone in the bar is a millionaire!
Multimillionaire, comrade. Don't underestimate, have a respect. ;)

their hungry little children stretch out their shaking, febrile hands in the direction of meat shelves in grocery stores?
Thin skin hands with blue veins, comrade, and don't forget about crystal-clear tears! :D

Uncle Wally
21-02-2017, 20:44
Wally, why such an unkvas article? Everyone is laughing in restaurants, no? His English is terrible, by the way. Hope he knows the economics much better but I would not bet a single copeck on this. What he is saying is nonsense - like the sanctions are not affecting the economy. So, basically, he is saying stupid things with a heavy Russian accent in broken English. I spoke like this in high school.:) So, Wally, you must realize you are supporting a hopelessly losing side full of dabbling amateurs. Are you beginning to see the light yet?:)

I didn't watch the video, just read the article. Maybe you should read it too, specially the part about the ruble is expected to keep raising and inflation to drop to it's lowest level in years and we should see growth in incomes.

TheInterocitor
21-02-2017, 22:52

That article is from MSN (Microsoft Network). Some real loons, there.

I like the picture of the snow behind them, and the reporters and reporterette are wearing heavy clothing. They're in a studio, but they are wearing heavy outdoor clothing! How stupid do they think the viewers are? Maybe the snowflakes are this brain-damaged, to think it is necessary to wear winter clothing when near a picture of snow.

The MSN report references a "study" by the Levada Group. Weren't they just banned for being really far out loony-tunes and tunettes? They are as deranged as the Trump protesters in the US.

Last year, I looked at a study Levada made. The statistics were suspicious, because their numbers were too perfect, there were no variations. They found one racist incident in every Russian city. Not 2 or 3, just one. In every city. What are the odds of that? Surely there would be 2 or 3 incidents in some cities, and zero in some, according to the random distribution laws of probability. No, Levada found one and only one incident in each major Russian city. Too normal to be really normal. Their conclusion - all of Russia was racist. every city had race problems. Levada follows an agenda, and when doing a "study," adjusts the statistics to make them agree with the hypothesis of the study.

Some groups, like Levada, or the global warming crowd, (or MSN) feel their agenda is so important that they feel justified in adjusting the scientific evidence, and doctoring the numbers.

Russian Lad
22-02-2017, 08:54
Maybe you should read it too, specially the part about the ruble is expected to keep raising and inflation to drop to it's lowest level in years and we should see growth in incomes.

Wally, I read the article, and it also says this, among other things (basically it says that only 30% of Russians have any savings at all and that almost 70% of Russians live from hand to mouth - hardly a success story in any way) - this is plain crazy, it makes Russia sort of a Honduras of a country, all other blah-blah-blah is useless - most Russians are dead poor, period!:

retail sales dropped 5.1 percent from a year earlier after a decrease of 5.9 percent in December

“There is less certainty in tomorrow,” he said. “Previously we were much more optimistic, but now confidence in tomorrow’s income has fallen.

While people can afford to meet their current needs, the rest is off limits. That leaves them in a state of “dignified poverty,” according to Marina Krasilnikova

Only about a third of the population has savings, which rarely exceed six months of household income

Uncle Wally
22-02-2017, 14:03
Wally, I read the article, and it also says this, among other things (basically it says that only 30% of Russians have any savings at all and that almost 70% of Russians live from hand to mouth - hardly a success story in any way) - this is plain crazy, it makes Russia sort of a Honduras of a country, all other blah-blah-blah is useless - most Russians are dead poor, period!:

So there is little or no difference to Americans. Most of them live hand to mouth or are in a lot of debt.

https://www.rt.com/business/378223-oil-prices-surge-citi/

Things will and are getting better here.

TheInterocitor
22-02-2017, 14:45
Levada is just a bunch of well-funded social scientists whose agenda seems to be to point out how bad things are. These university eggheads perch on their high thrones, frown down on the "common people" and preach about how things "should be" in the socialist paradise they envision. Usually their grandiose schemes blow up in their faces, like Obamacare, which is ruining the formerly excellent American health-care system.

Levada seems to be a foreign-funded NGO, so it was recently blacklisted, but according to the director:

Центр был вынужден отказаться от получения от зарубежных фондов грантов на проведение социологических исследований, но мог участвовать в совместных с зарубежными организациями (университетами, фондами и т.п.) проектах, выполнять на условиях коммерческих договоров заказы на общественно-значимые, культурологические и маркетинговые и другие опросы населения.

So the director claims they are not getting foreign funds, just "participating in joint ventures"

What? The joint ventures are funded by foreign entities, aren't they? LOL!

Like most Leftists and Progressives, they view themselves as "socially important" and on the cutting edge of societal evolution, so I usually ignore their gloom-and-doom pronouncements and their funny-studies supported by their improbable statistics. :)

Thankfully, we still have elections, so we can express our disagreement with such social scien-twits before their blunders bring us closer to dystopia, not utopia.

Russian Lad
22-02-2017, 15:04
So there is little or no difference to Americans. Most of them live hand to mouth or are in a lot of debt.

https://www.rt.com/business/378223-oil-prices-surge-citi/

Things will and are getting better here.

Right, Wally. Americans are as poor as Russians. Got it. All this has become insane over the years, Wally. But have fun anyway.:winking::flower:
Do you feel like storming Reichstag maybe? The Russian defence ministry is keen on constructing a Reichstag now, for adolescent RU soldiers training, not kidding you - http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/4045219 Orwell must be rotating like gas turbine blades in his grave. It is already beyond being Orwellian though, I am not even sure how to call all this. Hope you try storming it when it is constructed, together with other militant children out there.

FatAndy
22-02-2017, 18:00
The Russian defence ministry is keen on constructing a Reichstag now, for adolescent RU soldiers training, not kidding you - http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/4045219 Orwell must be rotating like gas turbine blades in his grave. It is already beyond being Orwellian though, I am not even sure how to call all this. Hope you try storming it when it is constructed, together with other militant children out there.
This is good and correct.
Germany needs more bricks to build houses for refugees. Allah o akbar! :)

Uncle Wally
22-02-2017, 19:01
Right, Wally. Americans are as poor as Russians. Got it. All this has become insane over the years, Wally. But have fun anyway.:winking::flower:
Do you feel like storming Reichstag maybe? The Russian defence ministry is keen on constructing a Reichstag now, for adolescent RU soldiers training, not kidding you - http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/4045219 Orwell must be rotating like gas turbine blades in his grave. It is already beyond being Orwellian though, I am not even sure how to call all this. Hope you try storming it when it is constructed, together with other militant children out there.

Americans might make more but they also have to spend more. Many are one paycheck away from homelessness.

Uncle Wally
22-02-2017, 20:18
Since WWII, the United States has lived in a bubble, benefiting as gold holdings from around the world were stored in the Federal Reserve system. This vast wealth provided America the leverage it needed to influence the world stage for over half a century, but that age seems to be coming to an end. Germany has already repatriated a large portion of their gold holdings from American central banks, and several other countries are expressing the desire to do the same. As the U.S. has declined from the world’s leading creditor to history’s greatest debtor, the pendulum of power is swinging back towards those who have secured tangible wealth. Countries that position themselves correctly can protect their standard of living and purchasing power, while those who trust in central planning will see their quality of life slowly diminish

http://www.activistpost.com/2017/02/one-countrys-central-bank-urging-6-million-citizens-buy-gold.html

Uncle Wally
26-02-2017, 19:22
Bubbles burst.

http://www.activistpost.com/2017/02/warning-sign-last-time-happened-stock-markets-epic-crash-followed.html

Russian Lad
26-02-2017, 20:38
in anticipation of a widespread credit event like the one witnessed during the crash of 2008

The end of your article, Wally. That's exactly what I think is going to happen, fully in compliance with Kondratiev waves. Be careful what you wish for, comrade. :kiss:

Uncle Wally
26-02-2017, 22:36
The end of your article, Wally. That's exactly what I think is going to happen, fully in compliance with Kondratiev waves. Be careful what you wish for, comrade. :kiss:

It's not what I wish for that worries me. It's what you wish for.

Russian Lad
26-02-2017, 23:25
It's not what I wish for that worries me. It's what you wish for.

My wishes, as far as my country goes, died a couple of years ago. From back then, I am just an impartial observer, no wishes. No feelings at all either. I cannot have feelings for the species I examine as a researcher, it would be rather weird. For instance, a scientist who researches the life and death of rats or beetles is not supposed to have any feelings or wishes. Whenever I say I am deeply concerned, I say so out of political correctness. In fact, I am not concerned at all. I lied.

Russian Lad
12-03-2017, 07:40
The Reserve Fund of the Russian Federation - USD 130 billion in 2008, USD 16 billion as of now (and disappearing fast). Where did they waste over six trillion rubles??? I haven't received a single ruble... :smug: And more importantly, who is gonna feed us when we are broke? Will Americans send us chicken like the last time? Is there a menu? Will the Moscow young hipsters be willing to trade their precious iphones for kolbasa? Will they agree to line up for fresh bread for many hours on end like I had to do in the beginning of the nineties? Will the young Russians agree to live in abject poverty till the rest of their miserable lives? So many unanswered questions, it is mind-boggling... We have entered a completely new phase of the developments...

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A0%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B2%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9_%D1%84%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B4_%D0%A0%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B9%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B9_%D0%A4%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B8#.D0.A1.D0.BE.D0.B2.D0.BE.D0.BA.D1.83.D0.BF.D0.BD.D1.8B.D0.B9_.D0.BE.D0.B1.D1.8A.D1.91.D0.BC_.D1.81.D1.80.D0.B5.D0.B4.D1.81.D1.82.D0.B2_.D0.A0.D0.B5.D0.B7.D0.B5.D1.80.D0.B2.D0.BD.D0.BE.D0.B3.D0.BE_.D1.84.D0.BE.D0.BD.D0.B4.D0.B0

We, the ILJC, are increasingly you know what...

FatAndy
12-03-2017, 14:01
I haven't received a single ruble... :smug:
Members of ILJC are not financed.

Is there a menu?
Sure, for you this one:
1) Fresh potato peels;
2) Frozen potato peels;
3) Rotten potato peels;
4) Rotten chicken wings.

Will the Moscow young hipsters be willing to trade their precious iphones for kolbasa?
Who will ask them about their willings? The choice will be of 1)-3) as of above.

We, the ILJC, are increasingly you know what...
Insha alla...

Russian Lad
12-03-2017, 14:10
Members of ILJC are not financed.

Ok, I can understand that. What about my relatives and acquaintances though? They haven't received anything either... Have they been punished for just knowing me? That's rather medieval and cruel. I have to ask - have you received anything from those trillions? I mean, in addition to your salary? To me it looks like they are just pocketing the money claiming "Да, мы ох....ли, ну и что дальше?!" There are discussions now to cancel pensions in Russia as such - http://mirnov.ru/obshchestvo/socialnaja-sfera/v-rossii-predlozhili-otmenit-pensii.html

Sure, for you this one:
1) Fresh potato peels;
2) Frozen potato peels;
3) Rotten potato peels;
4) Rotten chicken wings.

Ok, if we add 5) potable water (or at least tablets for making it safe to drink water from dirty street pools) - it will look like a reasonably diversified and acceptable menu for the times ahead.

nicklcool
12-03-2017, 19:40
Russian Lad, your country, despite ceasing to be communist in the late eighties/early nineties, gave you and your fellow travellers (your adopted impoverished Russians in the provinces) free health care and free higher education. Many of your posts question why you have note received more from the government dole. Kindly enumerate what else your capitalist government owes you.

In your other post you mentioned inside-tge-MKAD elite and here you knock trendy Moscow hipsters. What's stopping your provincial countrymen from moving to Mocow? Even the Tadjicks and Uzbeks undersrand that they should move to Moscow, not Tula, to make money to support their families. And I know Vladimir residents who commute to Moscow and work for the week to support their families whom they stay with on the weekends. Point being, there are many ways to skin this cat, but if your impoverished provincial Russians have no marketable skills (nor drive, maybe), with the free healthcare and college generously offered by your country, whose fault is that?

Russian Lad
12-03-2017, 23:14
Kindly enumerate what else your capitalist government owes you.

Capitalism doesn't necessarily mean you have to pay for everything, unless you have skipped some of your high school lessons. For instance, higher education is mostly free in Germany, etc. There are very different versions of capitalism, capitalism in Russia, in Zimbabwe or in Nigeria is very different from capitalism, say, in Norway, Sweden or Australia. It is a bit weird that I need to spell it out for you, you seem to be a grown-up man.:) Besides, I am more concerned about the level of living than about getting anything for free. An average salary in Norway is like 10 times higher than an average salary in Russia. Norway and Russia both have a lot of oil and fish and wood, about the same climate. So, the Russians can live much better under capitalism. What we have today, I would call it feudalism or oligopoly or something else. It is capitalism only by the name of it.

What's stopping your provincial countrymen from moving to Mocow? Even the Tadjicks and Uzbeks undersrand that they should move to Moscow, not Tula, to make money to support their families. And I know Vladimir residents who commute to Moscow and work for the week to support their families whom they stay with on the weekends. Point being, there are many ways to skin this cat, but if your impoverished provincial Russians have no marketable skills (nor drive, maybe), with the free healthcare and college generously offered by your country, whose fault is that?

Why, many Russians move to Moscow to earn some cash, especially young ones. Are you suggesting we should all move to Moscow? That's a rather weird proposal. Will FatAndy be happy? Besides, if all Russians end up in Moscow it will by default mean more available labor - smaller salaries. I have met many people with higher education working as engineers, for instance, for something like 300 dollars per month. Many people have families to take care of, their old relatives, etc.

FatAndy
13-03-2017, 12:18
Will FatAndy be happy?
FatAndy won't care.

Seems they've started to suspect smth:
http://www.rbc.ru/economics/13/03/2017/58c66c579a7947bba94ac7e5

Russian Lad
13-03-2017, 14:04
You are such a hopeless believer in this rotten to the core system? Do you have a proper mirror to stare at when the day X comes, when you realize how wrong you have been, for many years on end? A friend of mine makes cool sunburst mirrors, you can order one from him, handmade, for like 15-20K rubles.:) Meanwhile, a song from ILJC for you, to boost your kvas patriotic spirit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtpmY96knkk

FatAndy
13-03-2017, 15:01
Do you have a proper mirror to stare at when the day X comes, when you realize how wrong you have been, for many years on end?
Three.

Russian Lad
13-03-2017, 15:10
We are in the beginning of the third year, I believe (unless you mean you have 3 mirrors:)). I don't think the suspence will last for more than two more years. It all largely depends on the moves by the West though - they like it slow and almost tenderly, it seems. Perverts, like you said. By the way, Shurigina, she had a cool choker on her neck in one of the programs. I am still watching the clip, cannot help myself.
P.S. Have you bought USD yet? The ruble has begun crashing again... When shall we stand up from our knees and the dollar will be 60 copecks again?:)

FatAndy
13-03-2017, 15:52
We are in the beginning of the third year, I believe (unless you mean you have 3 mirrors:))
Three mirrors, exactly.

Russian Lad
13-03-2017, 16:04
Three mirrors, exactly.

Ok, you are all set then.:)

Uncle Wally
13-03-2017, 16:11
We are in the beginning of the third year, I believe (unless you mean you have 3 mirrors:)). I don't think the suspence will last for more than two more years. It all largely depends on the moves by the West though - they like it slow and almost tenderly, it seems. Perverts, like you said. By the way, Shurigina, she had a cool choker on her neck in one of the programs. I am still watching the clip, cannot help myself.
P.S. Have you bought USD yet? The ruble has begun crashing again... When shall we stand up from our knees and the dollar will be 60 copecks again?:)

Why you calling FatAndy a "pervert"? Do you even know what that means?

Russian Lad
13-03-2017, 17:40
Why you calling FatAndy a "pervert"? Do you even know what that means?

Wally, have you forgotten how to read in English entirely?:) Where did I call him such a name? I used the word "perverts" in relation to Western imperialists, if you bother to read it again.

Uncle Wally
13-03-2017, 20:38
Wally, have you forgotten how to read in English entirely?:) Where did I call him such a name? I used the word "perverts" in relation to Western imperialists, if you bother to read it again.

Ok, you used a (,) but it can still read like "perverts like you" It's the suggestion of, implying.

You had to complain that I said you were "shrill" and Andy was nice enough to delete my post. How dainty you are. Like a snowflake. You should be nicer to FatAndy.

Wait a minute, you edited your post! After I said something you went and changed it.

Russian Lad
13-03-2017, 20:46
Ok, you used a (,) but it can still read like "perverts like you" It's the suggestion of, implying.

You had to complain that I said you were "shrill" and Andy was nice enough to delete my post. How dainty you are. Like a snowflake. You should be nicer to FatAndy.

Wait a minute, you edited your post! After I said something you went and changed it.

Wally, you have skipped the prescribed pills again? Try to concentrate, all the above is beyond incomprehensible, it is plain crazy. I used the comma exactly where I wanted it to be - and I inserted it there from the first try, with my firm and unwavering fingers beautifully adormed with a couple of fancy rings. :smug: Andy, has the forum Partner stopped feeding this posting talent of yours perhaps? He has been rather erratic and disagreeably hieroglyphic lately, as if he is suffering from malnutrition or immense stress or both - we, the ILJC, are increasingly you know what...

vossy7
13-03-2017, 21:13
So as I plan our business for the foreseeable future in Russia given the name attributed to this post I am faced with words like shrill , dainty and snowflake .......WTF ......is everyone on here a teacher and/or a fecking pig skin slapper:winking:

Russian Lad
13-03-2017, 22:06
.......WTF ......is everyone on here a teacher and/or a fecking pig skin slapper

Errr.... No, only Wally is, but never mind him, he is on the Doshirak salary, so he must say whatever he is saying...:) What is the nature of your planned business, if I may inquire?

Uncle Wally
13-03-2017, 22:12
So as I plan our business for the foreseeable future in Russia given the name attributed to this post I am faced with words like shrill , dainty and snowflake .......WTF ......is everyone on here a teacher and/or a fecking pig skin slapper:winking:

No, Da

Uncle Wally
13-03-2017, 22:27
Errr.... No, only Wally is, but never mind him, he is on the Doshirak salary, so he must say whatever he is saying...:) What is the nature of your planned business, if I may inquire?

I cook for myself. I haven't lived with my mommy for 40+ years.

Don't tell him your business plan, he will just try and steal it! I have many friends who are about his age and if they have no apartment to rent, whine and complain just like him. If anyone has noticed, Russia is investing in the young. Free education is one thing. For you old people, welcome to capitalism. Yes it's hard, you might die but nobody cares unless you have money. Oh, no, I'm going to die! Did you just figure that out or what? RL you are lucky. You have no children to worry about. I'm assuming you would worry about children if you had any. I doubt very much if you would if you did but we will never know, will we?

Russian Lad
13-03-2017, 22:44
I cook for myself. I haven't lived with my mommy for 40+ years.

Don't tell him your business plan, he will just try and steal it! I have many friends who are about his age and if they have no apartment to rent, whine and complain just like him. If anyone has noticed, Russia is investing in the young. Free education is one thing. For you old people, welcome to capitalism. Yes it's hard, you might die but nobody cares unless you have money. Oh, no, I'm going to die! Did you just figure that out or what? RL you are lucky. You have no children to worry about. I'm assuming you would worry about children if you had any. I doubt very much if you would if you did but we will never know, will we?

I am doing just fine, Wally, that's all you need to know, take the pills after exhaling slowly.:)

Uncle Wally
13-03-2017, 23:36
I am doing just fine, Wally, that's all you need to know, take the pills after exhaling slowly.:)

That's all you want me and anyone else listening to believe. I'm not trying to fool people. I want my race/species and children to be happy and be successful. Make my sex worth more than a moment. A few seconds of pleasure. Get real, touch someone and make a difference. If you have made a difference in just one person's life the you have lived a life that's worth living.

Russian Lad
14-03-2017, 01:00
I'm not trying to fool people. I want my race/species and children to be happy and be successful. Make my sex worth more than a moment. A few seconds of pleasure. Get real, touch someone and make a difference. If you have made a difference in just one person's life the you have lived a life that's worth living.

Wally, this thread is about the economic situation in Russia, not about the meaning of life. If you want my opinion, life has no meaning, even if you make 1000 children.:) We are just biological matter crawling on the surface of a planet among zillions+ of other planets - we appear here by a play of chance (namely, through the random infusion of sperm liquid into a random uterus that we manage to snatch within hour habitat) and we leave the "stage" by a play of chance as well - just as cats, dogs and so forth. Doomed to extinction in the long run. That said, of course you are welcome to entertain yourself with whatever illusions that are comforting enough for you personally. However, let's not deviate from the more pressing matters such as the torn to pieces Russian economy.:smug:
P.S. I am glad you have children though, hope you are taking care of them real well as a loving and caring father... Because giving birth and raising children are two completely different things, as I read somewhere.

vossy7
14-03-2017, 02:03
Errr....What is the nature of your planned business, if I may inquire?

RL ......suffice to say .....our future lies in the clouds ........many of them ......public and private :smile::smile::smile:

Russian Lad
14-03-2017, 04:16
RL ......suffice to say .....our future lies in the clouds ........many of them ......public and private :smile::smile::smile:

Sounds great.:) It has many ramifications, just recently I have been translating about bitcoins, altcoints etc. mining via rented cloud space provided by actual rigs - just an example. I would not recommend to invest cash into this particular area though - on the whole, be very careful if you are not holding and pulling all the strings (i.e. if you are not fully in charge) - hi tech doesn't necessarily mean profit, very often it means some fringe activities these days. That said, I don't know the nature of your biz, so, just saying. Even big giants like Google seem to be involved in some shady schemes - for instance, I tried to promote a video via Google Adsense, paid some little cash tentatively, got like 300 views of the clip but zero visits from the link below the clip to my site - which tells me there are some Indian boys somewhere in Dheli or Calcutta just clicking on random videos for remuneration. Which is rather stupid, I thought Google people are smarter than that - I mean, what an idiot would be willing to keep paying for something that doesn't even work?
To make the long story short, don't invest if it involves a massively rolled out biz promising returns to everyone who is willing to begin paying.

nicklcool
17-03-2017, 18:25
If the ruble is gaining on the dollar but the Opposition hasn't noticed it, has it really gained?
:confused: :confused: :ligthbulb: :ligthbulb:

Uncle Wally
17-03-2017, 18:31
If the ruble is gaining on the dollar but the Opposition hasn't noticed it, has it really gained?
:confused: :confused: :ligthbulb: :ligthbulb:

The ruble hit 49 now the went down and is now on the way back up.

Russian Lad
17-03-2017, 19:36
The ruble hit 49 now the went down and is now on the way back up.

The ruble is 49 in the Wally World? It is 57 in the real one... Another "knife in the back" from Turkey (they are our allies, according to Judge) - they have refused buying Russian grain: http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/birzhevyye-tovary/turciya-otkazalas-ot-rossiyskogo-zerna-1001845103
More kvas, anyone?

Judge
17-03-2017, 21:23
The ruble is 49 in the Wally World? It is 57 in the real one... Another "knife in the back" from Turkey (they are our allies, according to Judge) - they have refused buying Russian grain: http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/birzhevyye-tovary/turciya-otkazalas-ot-rossiyskogo-zerna-1001845103
More kvas, anyone?

Wally gives us fake ruble news and you do the same with fake grain news....:nerd:

nicklcool
17-03-2017, 21:43
More kvas, anyone?

RL, what does it take to get a little thanks from you? :rainning: C'mon, man! :cool:

Judge
17-03-2017, 22:38
RL, what does it take to get a little thanks from you? :rainning: C'mon, man! :cool:

Post some negative news about Russia, he will happily thank you...:smile:

Russian Lad
17-03-2017, 22:39

Коммерсантъ published a fake article or what do you mean exactly? Your claim that Turkey, a NATO member, is Russia's ally is more than just bizarre, Judge. It all sounds very desperate, you are now clutching not even at straws, you are clutching at gusts of wind...

Post some negative news about Russia, he will happily thank you..

About the Russian pseudoelites and what they are doing to my country. Russia is not the same as its pseudoelites. Why are you binding together those two concepts all the time??? They even exist separately these days...

Uncle Wally
17-03-2017, 22:55
Post some negative news about Russia, he will happily thank you...:smile:

It's too warm and all the snow melting makes it hard to walk in the parks! It's all Putin's fault! Like the ruble the weather can not make up it's mind. Is it winter or is it not? Will the ruble go up or will it go down? Oh and the puddles! They are no where close to the puddles we had in New England but now that we are expats and everyone treats us like some kind of god I feel a need to complain about puddles. Why? Because I am just generally unhappy that I had to move here to "be somebody" and it makes me feel cool. It's all Putin's fault.

Russian Lad
17-03-2017, 23:53
A question to the kvas force en masse here - do you realize you have denigrated yourself to the level of little children with an attitude? Since you have no factual info left to support your claims you begin behaving like Wally just above. A sad fate, really - you are all just being used by a power that will soon totally exhaust its resources. Deep inside you may even feel that a tragic ending is approaching, the smartest of you surely do, but you still resist your gut instincts and cough up one lame, unsupported claim or excuse after another.:smug: It must be really painful. Is it?:) As a casual observer, I am enjoying your posts, but very often it feels like being a gleeful pervert - it feels very much like listening to a rambling, crazily hallucinating man on his deathbed.

vossy7
18-03-2017, 00:05

I actually got a thumbs up from our favorite Peterburgets when I introduced him to the expression Jobbie Jabber some time ago:smoking:

TheInterocitor
19-03-2017, 12:15
Okay, so the societal disintegration inspired by the media, Hollywood and social-justice oriented education/indoctrination system has spread its claws and scratched our peaceful little village. The new car I had rented for the weekend to attend the basketball playoffs on the other side of the state, and two other cars, were victims of read-window-smashing hooligans. The deputy opined that it was a pellet (BB) gun, but later I found a small rock in the back seat, and since I do not gather rocks and put them into the back seat (unless they are gold nuggets) ...

My neighbor had the vandals on video, but at 3:00 AM, the footage is too shadowy for details or face-recognition.

I love our immigrants! Especially the young males of military age from Central America, where they bring along their gangs and civil wars, and Americanize their violence by smashing other people's windows.

Offering a $1000 reward...

But I want to pose a question....

I sold, on Ebay, an old Haynes manual, a reference book to repair a 1982-1987 Chevy. I had it listed at $10, he offered $7.50, I accepted his offer. Then he sent me $750. Obviously he forget to insert the decimal point when sending me the money. The cash has been in my bank account for 3 days now and no word from him that there is any error...

So, the question is, should I keep the money, or return it to him? And if yes, or no, why?

Uncle Wally
19-03-2017, 13:40
Okay, so the societal disintegration inspired by the media, Hollywood and social-justice oriented education/indoctrination system has spread its claws and scratched our peaceful little village. The new car I had rented for the weekend to attend the basketball playoffs on the other side of the state, and two other cars, were victims of read-window-smashing hooligans. The deputy opined that it was a pellet (BB) gun, but later I found a small rock in the back seat, and since I do not gather rocks and put them into the back seat (unless they are gold nuggets) ...

My neighbor had the vandals on video, but at 3:00 AM, the footage is too shadowy for details or face-recognition.

I love our immigrants! Especially the young males of military age from Central America, where they bring along their gangs and civil wars, and Americanize their violence by smashing other people's windows.

Offering a $1000 reward...

But I want to pose a question....

I sold, on Ebay, an old Haynes manual, a reference book to repair a 1982-1987 Chevy. I had it listed at $10, he offered $7.50, I accepted his offer. Then he sent me $750. Obviously he forget to insert the decimal point when sending me the money. The cash has been in my bank account for 3 days now and no word from him that there is any error...

So, the question is, should I keep the money, or return it to him? And if yes, or no, why?

Return it. Because it's the right thing to do.

TheInterocitor
19-03-2017, 15:54
Return it. Because it's the right thing to do.

Suppose I were a poverty-stricken, black, transgender she-male, and the buyer who sent me 100x too much money, were a millionaire, cross-burning, white KKK member.

Would that make a difference?

FatAndy
19-03-2017, 19:29
Suppose I were a poverty-stricken, black, transgender she-male, and the buyer who sent me 100x too much money, were a millionaire, cross-burning, white KKK member.

Would that make a difference?
Even if him or you are black KKK members, no difference.

You may keep The Huge Money, to heat your soul, but it's better to return.
Cool guys play fair. Be a cool guy.

TheInterocitor
20-03-2017, 03:55
Even if him or you are black KKK members, no difference.

You may keep The Huge Money, to heat your soul, but it's better to return.
Cool guys play fair. Be a cool guy.

"Cool" is slick, like scarfing money from suckers, so says Hollywood...

But why return it? I don't understand the basis for the reasoning that has everyone concluding I should return this unexpected gift.

What about "social justice"? Why should I have to return this rich guy's money?

He has a Mercedes and a Lamborghini, and all I have is a dented old 1991 Mazda, which I have to get a new battery for tomorrow. (Note to self: never leave the car door open overnight, the battery will go dead running the air-conditioner and supplying electricity to the dome light).

Russian Lad? What about the social sciences? Don't they condone taking from the rich to give to the poor? Don't the politicians and media approve of "equal opportunity" and eliminating "discrimination" against poor minorities? What's wrong with making everyone equal?

FatAndy
20-03-2017, 09:17
"Cool" is slick, like scarfing money from suckers, so says Hollywood...
What says your common sense? What could say your parents? Grandparents?

But why return it? I don't understand the basis for the reasoning
Understood, it's too late to explain.

What about the social sciences? Don't they condone taking from the rich to give to the poor?
No, it's "Jewish fairy tales" do.

Don't the politicians and media approve of "equal opportunity" and eliminating "discrimination" against poor minorities?
Do 742.5 sweaty green papers put you into "equal opportunity"? Do you still listen to politicians?

What's wrong with making everyone equal?
Nothing. Just doesn't work.

TheInterocitor
20-03-2017, 16:15
What says your common sense? What could say your parents? Grandparents?

Understood, it's too late to explain.

No, it's "Jewish fairy tales" do.

Do 742.5 sweaty green papers put you into "equal opportunity"? Do you still listen to politicians?

Nothing. Just doesn't work.

This is not about me, or anyone, not about if a particular person makes bad decisions.

I'm just interested, curious, what is basis for making decision that to keep this money, is "wrong."

For anyone who read this, where did you "learn" that it is wrong? You were taught this from Parents? From school? From Talmud? From Koran? From friend? From watching movie? From reading newspaper?

How did you arrive at basis for decision about this odd, and unexpected situation, it is wrong to keep money? Since it is new situation, there is no experience to rely on. Is there a rule or particular teaching involved that you can apply in this "type" of situation?

FatAndy
20-03-2017, 18:37
You were taught this from Parents? From school?
Yes, and grandparents too. No, from kindergarten #32 "Lastochka" (Swallow).

Basics of good and bad are established in early childhood usually, while the school just polishes the ready personality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQR9NzOESY0

TheInterocitor
20-03-2017, 19:20
Yes, and grandparents too. No, from kindergarten #32 "Lastochka" (Swallow).

Basics of good and bad are established in early childhood usually, while the school just polishes the ready personality.

Where does the school get the concepts of "good" and "bad" from? How does it determine what is "right" and what is "wrong" in teaching "right" from "wrong"?

If the basics are established in early childhood, then who or what determined these "basics"?

If parents got basics from grandparents, and grandparents from greatgrandparents, then who or how were basics originated? How do axiomatic principles arise?

vossy7
21-03-2017, 01:59
After reaching the age of reason there is really only one thing to care about .......thou shalt not be found out!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-39332082

TheInterocitor
21-03-2017, 08:18
After reaching the age of reason there is really only one thing to care about .......thou shalt not be found out!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-39332082

Closer than anyone else, Vossy7. My decision was based on this rule: "Thou shalt not Steal." It doesn't say "Thou shalt not Steal sometimes" and it doesn't say "Thou shalt not Steal from Poor People" nor "Thou shalt not Steal from Me"...

I don't want to sound preachy, but a person who does not understand the basis of his own moral imperatives, is defenseless when those moral imperatives are threatened by outside corrupting influences.

Of course, I refunded the man his money, to keep it would be "stealing."

Only took me an hour on the phone with Ebay and Paypal to straighten out their mess. :)

TheInterocitor
21-03-2017, 08:19
Why can't anyone fix it so it doesn't log you out after 5 minutes

Russian Lad
22-03-2017, 04:35

It is a common feature, Fantastika, not a glitch.:) For your convenience as well - suppose you access the forum on someone else's comp and forget to log out.:)

FatAndy
22-03-2017, 09:56
Where does the school get the concepts of "good" and "bad" from?
From the existing social norms.

TheInterocitor
22-03-2017, 12:52
From the existing social norms.

How do the "social norms" originate...

TheInterocitor
22-03-2017, 12:54
It is a common feature, Fantastika, not a glitch.:) For your convenience as well - suppose you access the forum on someone else's comp and forget to log out.:)

Expat.ru has achieved a higher level of enlightened programming. :)

FatAndy
22-03-2017, 17:48
How do the "social norms" originate...
Somehow they do...

TheInterocitor
23-03-2017, 15:24
U.S. central banker Janet Yellen is scheduled to give a speech at 8:30 a.m. ET at a Federal Reserve conference about the "economic futures of kids and communities."

This lady has her finger on the US economy, and she is one person that Donald Trump can't fire, and is she political? Everyone in Washington is political.

And she is speaking about "kids' and "communities"? Me thinks she is just another overeducated elitist who thinks they know more about your family and "proper behavior" than you do.

She should stick to her job - banking - but even there she is most likely driven by an agenda, which may or may not be congruent with good economic theory.,

I enclose a chart of the gold price for the past week or two. See the first big up-spike? That's when Janet Yellen spoke, at 2 PM last Wednesday, and announced an interest rate hike. Investors had a mild panic attack and bought gold, driving the price up. The second upsurge occurred when the stock market tanked, day before yesterday. When stocks fall, gold rises.

Longer term, gold looks like a good investment. China, Russia, many other countries are getting exasperated with America's mishandling of its power as the the world's only reserve currency to run up $20 trillion in debt, and are working on someday ending this power. When that day comes, look for gold to go through the roof, to the moon, skyrocket (pick your metaphor!) :)

And that day may be coming soon:

Something-big-is-afoot-in-Shanghai. The Chinese-have-changed-the-game-suddenly (http://investmentwatchblog.com/something-big-is-afoot-in-shanghai-the-chinese-have-changed-the-game-suddenly/)

The more Janet Yellen speaks, the shinier gold looks.

TheInterocitor
23-03-2017, 16:29
Data is in:

Russia - 09:00 RUB Central Bank reserves (USD) 395.7B 391.4B

395.7 ($billion) is this month, 391.4 is last month's figure.

https://www.investing.com/economic-calendar/

(link is only good for today, it will have tomorrow's economic calendar tomorrow, etc.)

Reserves increased from last month to this month. Bad news for the sanctions-to punish-Russia crowd. Looks like they will have to go to Plan B. :)

Uncle Wally
23-03-2017, 22:13

There's a little button near the login. Says, keep me login, try that.

TheInterocitor
24-03-2017, 02:13
There's a little button near the login. Says, keep me login, try that.

Aint not no such boo-ton

Judge
29-03-2017, 07:36
Wally, do us a favour,get on the blower to Nabiullina and tell her to stop doing such a good job with the ruble, it's gaining too much against the Euro,. I took RL's advice and bought some euros ,but since have gone south.:angry:

Uncle Wally
29-03-2017, 07:44
Wally, do us a favour,get on the blower to Nabiullina and tell her to stop doing such a good job with the ruble, it's gaining too much against the Euro,. I took RL's advice and bought some euros ,but since have gone south.:angry:

Why do you think she "blows" me? I'm good but I'm not that good.

Judge
29-03-2017, 18:04
Not a bad read, lots of the usual talk,last paragraph sums it nicely..

How the Sanctions Are Helping Putin
The American debate over whether to lift sanctions on Russia misses a key point: They aren’t working.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/how-the-sanctions-are-helping-putin-214963

Die-hard supporters of the president will keep walking the streets of Moscow carrying banners saying, “Putin outplayed everybody again”—and they will probably be right.

Russian Lad
30-03-2017, 07:51
I took RL's advice and bought some euros ,but since have gone south.

Why euros, I suggested dollars. Well, euros will do you good too, and I think rather soon.
As to the sanctions not working, fine, maybe they are not working. Then you will have to agree that an economic debacle here (when it happens) is entirely hand-made by the regime. Besides, my apartment utilities payment has grown from 4K rubles to 7K rubles per month during the last 2 years. Can I blame it directly on the regime now? I have had some doubts, but you sound convincing enough...

Judge
30-03-2017, 07:59
Why euros, I suggested dollars. Well, euros will do you good too, and I think rather soon.
As to the sanctions not working, fine, maybe they are not working. Then you will have to agree that an economic debacle here (when it happens) is entirely hand-made by the regime. Besides, my apartment utilities payment has grown from 4K rubles to 7K rubles per month during the last 2 years. Can I blame it directly on the regime now? I have had some doubts, but you sound convincing enough...

Dollars /euros same thing, both slide together against the ruble...Kinda like siamese twins:big-grin:

Russian Lad
30-03-2017, 08:05
Dollars /euros same thing, both slide together against the ruble...Kinda like siamese twins

Not exactly the same on the 2 years trend. Euro has lost like 10+% to the dollar during this time (and, respectively, has gained less in relation to the ruble than the dollar). Well, I keep both dollars and euros. No rubles - zero faith in anything that is not hard currency...
You haven't answered my question though. Trying to divert my attention or feel at a loss and have nothing to say? Maybe someone else from the kvas crew?

FatAndy
30-03-2017, 09:48

Judge
30-03-2017, 09:59
Question about your bills?
I'm discussing the ruble, your bills like other things, l,cost of transportation has gone up, sure , blame the government, if you need someone to blame..
Do you think it's free to run your flat, no costs to the government?
A lot of money is wasted heating up flats here, take my flat, nobody is home now but the heating system is blasting away, massive wastage...

Russian Lad
30-03-2017, 11:29
Do you think it's free to run your flat, no costs to the government?

No, I don't think it is free. The question was rather clear I thought, I supplemented it with comments for better clarity. Shall I re-post it here perhaps if you could not read it yesterday?:) I hate copy-pasting without a good reason though.

Judge
30-03-2017, 14:56
There is a lot of currency sales from exporters, but there is practically no demand for foreign currency, neither from locals nor non-residents. It seems that only the finance ministry is still buying dollars,”

And Russian Lad :big-grin:

Russian ruble proves irresistible to emerging market investors, continuing its meteoric rise https://www.rt.com/business/382815-ruble-rally-outpass-emerging-markets/

Judge
30-03-2017, 14:59
No, I don't think it is free. The question was rather clear I thought, I supplemented it with comments for better clarity. Shall I re-post it here perhaps if you could not read it yesterday?:) I hate copy-pasting without a good reason though.

OK, ask the question again...

Russian Lad
30-03-2017, 23:29
As to the sanctions not working, fine, maybe they are not working. Then you will have to agree that an economic debacle here (when it happens) is entirely hand-made by the regime. Besides, my apartment utilities payment has grown from 4K rubles to 7K rubles per month during the last 2 years. Can I blame it directly on the regime now?

As to the ruble rise - the steeper the rise, the harder the fall... An educational video for you here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqCWUAa-zeY

Judge
31-03-2017, 20:03
As to the ruble rise - the steeper the rise, the harder the fall... An educational video for you here:

The who to blame question, sure blame the government.. Regarding the ruble,many said( the experts) it was overvalued,and still is....
Prices of food have more or less gone back to what they were in 2014,only the cost of oil hasn't ,reason why the ruble is what it is today.

TolkoRaz
31-03-2017, 21:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqCWUAa-zeY

Russki Lad, You are such a pessimist!

Totally devoid of any optimism in your blood or bones! :(

Am so surprised that you have managed to live into your mid-40s!