PDA

View Full Version : economic situation in russia

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

FatAndy
28-06-2016, 09:41
:emote_popcorn:

Uncle Wally
28-06-2016, 11:34
Excuses, excuses. Using American technology. I'm disappointed in you. Btw, even Tolko admits there's no Merc contract yet so your claim is still bogus.

What a sore loser, #crybaby#spreader of disinformation#Mr Whatabout. I guaranty you the contract was signed last week.

fenrir
28-06-2016, 13:02
What a sore loser, #crybaby#spreader of disinformation#Mr Whatabout. I guaranty you the contract was signed last week.

Could be but I need more than your word. Where's your link?

I already trashed your claims about Russia grain exports. Russia was 5th place in 2015, not first by a long shot. 2016 may be very different but the year is only half over so we will have to wait a spell to see.

Uncle Wally
28-06-2016, 13:18
Could be but I need more than your word. Where's your link?

I already trashed your claims about Russia grain exports. Russia was 5th place in 2015, not first by a long shot. 2016 may be very different but the year is only half over so we will have to wait a spell to see.

In your own mind.

fenrir
28-06-2016, 13:24
In your own mind.

Where's your evidence otherwise?

Judge
28-06-2016, 16:52
First off, there is no such thing as a Ministry of Agriculture in the US. That’s what you get for using a Russian source. We have a Department of Agriculture.

Second, your source uses a different time frame from mine and that is very significant when talking about agriculture because of the different planting and growing seasons around the world. My article dealt with all of 2015, for which there is more complete data. Yours looks from the middle of 2015 to basically now, for which there is not complete data and it has to rely on projections and estimations.

Third, I took a look at the US report (Did you?). The first sentence is as follows: Because planting is still underway in the Northern Hemisphere and remains several months away in the Southern Hemisphere, these projections are highly tentative.

Nice try, but no dice.

Btw, you and Tolko might want to let Wally back up his own claims instead of laboring for him. He’s not an invalid who needs charitable help, is he?

We are talking about now, not last year or the future but at the present time, not bad for a country that only few years ago used to import most of its wheat, now is taking the crown from the US and Canada. .

I'm posting this info cos a few months ago I posted in this thread this same info from Bloomberg, now crops are being sold, the forecast is coming true, Wally probably remembers ( and I think RL laughed at it, I'll try and find the post:smile:) what I posted and is now reading the same that Russia is Number 1 wheat exporter, add other things to this like pork, chicken and soon beef, Russia just isn't about oil and gas these days. ..It's all about investing in industries, which is now bearing fruit.

Uncle Wally
28-06-2016, 17:04
We are talking about now, not last year or the future but at the present time, not bad for a country that only few years ago used to import most of its wheat, now is taking the crown from the US and Canada. .

I'm posting this info cos a few months ago I posted in this thread this same info from Bloomberg, now crops are being sold, the forecast is coming true, Wally probably remembers ( and I think RL laughed at it, I'll try and find the post:smile:) what I posted and is now reading the same that Russia is Number 1 wheat exporter, add other things to this like pork, chicken and soon beef, Russia just isn't about oil and gas these days. ..It's all about investing in industries, which is now bearing fruit.

About a little more than a month ago I had a Russian steak that was delicious! It was also 300 rubles more than the import.

Judge
28-06-2016, 17:22
Also, Russian food exports recently overtook military equipment sales abroad , next target to beat is gas exports, they have some way to go, diversification is happening,as we speak.

fenrir
28-06-2016, 20:37

Nice try again, but that is not how agricultural export statistics work. You all are so desperate for anything positive about Russia that you resort to the dishonest use of statistics (What a surprise there.) to find something. I'll wait for the yearly statistics that takes into account ALL the world's countries planting and growing seasons. 2015 proved Russia isn't the powerhouse you all thought it was there.

Judge
28-06-2016, 21:01
Nice try again, but that is not how agricultural export statistics work. You all are so desperate for anything positive about Russia that you resort to the dishonest use of statistics (What a surprise there.) to find something. I'll wait for the yearly statistics that takes into account ALL the world's countries planting and growing seasons. 2015 proved Russia isn't the powerhouse you all thought it was there.

2015 is last year, stop living in the past, Russia used to import most of its wheat and many other things, now it's a leader in exporting wheat ,nothing desperate for anything positive, just true facts, which is hard for you to acknowledge.
Now Russia is top dog of wheat exports, she's going for the corn market,nothing desperate, just facts from Bloomberg. ..
It's a 2016 article,

After overtaking the U.S. as the world’s largest wheat exporter, Russia is becoming a bigger part of the corn market with expectations for a record crop.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-20/top-wheat-exporter-russia-targeting-corn-as-crop-rises-to-record

fenrir
28-06-2016, 21:28
2015 is last year, stop living in the past, Russia used to import most of its wheat and many other things, now it's a leader in exporting wheat ,nothing desperate for anything positive, just true facts, which is hard for you to acknowledge.
Now Russia is top dog of wheat exports, she's going for the corn market,nothing desperate, just facts from Bloomberg. ..
It's a 2016 article,

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-20/top-wheat-exporter-russia-targeting-corn-as-crop-rises-to-record

Have you looked at a calendar recently? 2016 is only half over. Btw, your other source is also from 2016 and the 1st sentence (I'm repeating again because you don't seem to have gotten it yet): Because planting is still underway in the Northern Hemisphere and remains several months away in the Southern Hemisphere, these projections are highly tentative.

What part of highly tentative don't you understand?

Wait until November and December come around and I start comparing Russian agricultural production and exports to other countries. I'll hear your howling all the way from here.

To expand this topic since you and Wally have mentioned other agricultural products, take a look at total agricultural exports. Russia is FAR down the list and light years behind the US.

Judge
28-06-2016, 22:21
Have you looked at a calendar recently? 2016 is only half over. Btw, your other source is also from 2016 and the 1st sentence (I'm repeating again because you don't seem to have gotten it yet): Because planting is still underway in the Northern Hemisphere and remains several months away in the Southern Hemisphere, these projections are highly tentative.

Wait until November and December come around and I start comparing Russian agricultural production and exports to other countries. I'll hear your howling all the way from here.

To expand this topic since you and Wally have mentioned other agricultural products, take a look at total agricultural exports. Russia is FAR down the list and light years behind the US.

The key word what we are discussing is now(you also aren't the one who is repeating himself), not last year and not at the end of 2016,let's wait and see at the years end,for now Russia overtook America...
About other exports, one at a time.....

Uncle Wally
28-06-2016, 22:35

Ah yes and the US never fudged a figure. California is under a server draught and unfortunately that is where 90% of tomatoes are grown. Some other countries like Russia don't want GMO foods so will be less willing to buy. RL likes to only think about a weak ruble but that also means Russia can export at lower prices. You see the thing is is that less and less countries are just going to stand by and take bullying from the US and the poison they sell.

fenrir
28-06-2016, 22:40
The key word what we are discussing is now(you also aren't the one who is repeating himself), not last year and not at the end of 2016,let's wait and see at the years end,for now Russia overtook America...
About other exports, one at a time.....

There are no accurate sources for NOW, Judge and you know it. Why do you think it takes 6 months to 1.5 years to work out accurate statistics for what we are talking about? Even your own source speaks against you.

fenrir
28-06-2016, 22:41
Ah yes and the US never fudged a figure. California is under a server draught and unfortunately that is where 90% of tomatoes are grown. Some other countries like Russia don't want GMO foods so will be less willing to buy. RL likes to only think about a weak ruble but that also means Russia can export at lower prices. You see the thing is is that less and less countries are just going to stand by and take bullying from the US and the poison they sell.

Your drunken rants don't further your cause in any way. Real data and stats do and they won't be available for some time.

Judge
28-06-2016, 22:49
There are no accurate sources for NOW, Judge and you know it. Why do you think it takes 6 months to 1.5 years to work out accurate statistics for what we are talking about? Even your own source speaks against you.

The agricultural year for wheat is over and Russia came out on top,better luck next year...
And America is also predicting that Russia will keep its top spot next year.

The USDA increased its estimate of wheat exports from Russia in 2016-2017 agricultural year (from July 2016 to June 2017), 500 thousand tons to a record 25 million tons, follows from the review of the Department.
http://agro2b.ru/en/news/32404-Minselhoz-SShA-povysil-ocenku-eksporta-pshenicy.html

Uncle Wally
28-06-2016, 23:14
Your drunken rants don't further your cause in any way. Real data and stats do and they won't be available for some time.

With who? Unthinking want to be fascist? Just because you're losing now you take the tack that we have to wait and see? We did that with ISIS in Syria and well proved the US was not doing what they said they were. Now that ISIS is on the run after Russia got more involved Turkey is begging forgiveness, people throughout Europe are demanding the US led sanctions be dropped and many are even asking why NATO needs to exist not to mention protect a country like Estonia that has no real benefits to the US or Europe for that matter. You are very wrong to think that big government and a centralize control will save you. The men who wrote the US constitution understood. You can not guaranty freedom if it doesn't start with the individual because if one person is not free no one is. Democracy starts at the bottom and works it's way up. Why the founding fathers try to set up the US government the way they did and why the rich have been trying to destroy it. Democracy and capitalism scary and only cowards are afraid. How's that for a drunken rant ?

Uncle Wally
29-06-2016, 00:15
The agricultural year for wheat is over and Russia came out on top,better luck next year...

http://agro2b.ru/en/news/32404-Minselhoz-SShA-povysil-ocenku-eksporta-pshenicy.html

Ya don't say? Is it really true? I was just taking a wild guess based on the two or three hours I get to lay in bed every morning reading news around the net. Well that and after my mid day nap. Wow it's so inconceivable that there is more than one country on this earth that could do anything for humanity. Ok Russia with 10% of the worlds land mass and almost unlimited natural resource could never be as "indispensable" as the US that has given us mass production, conglomerates, and endless war, mass surveillance and mass data collection and mass shooting on a weekly basis, not to mention all those cool super hero flicks and mindless Rap music and things made in China that break after a predetermined time. How wonderful life would be if we could all just work in a WalMart or McDonalds and be addicted to prescription drugs like they are in America. Home of the free and land of TV zombies. It really sucked when Friends got cancelled. Life has not been the same. I hope the Los Vegas mafia lets my football team win next year. It will just make my life so wonderful under my Budweiser induced coma like state. I might even take out a new loan for something I couldn't really afford otherwise because we all know that real things have just become too expensive under the slow manipulation of the banks that want to decide our fate but are too lazy or too cowardly to do anything about it. What you mean stand up for your right and suffer? I suffer enough already at my shitty job and my prescription meds just keep getting more expensive! I just hope they have some good TV serials on next year so I can forget about how much I want to die or shoot a bunch of people at the mall.

Hey Fenrir I'm going to start the Oxford school of drunken rants and become so rich I will buy Estonia and have you deported back to the US. Gee it should be illegal to get drunk and rant in expat.ru. It's just too much fun!

fenrir
29-06-2016, 09:22

The season is over for who? It is winter in Australia now. The American spring wheat harvest is from mid-August to mid-September. They just finished planting last month.

http://commodities.about.com/od/researchcommodities/a/wheat-seasons.htm

The Australian harvest season is from October-January depending on the region.

http://www.landcommodities.com/growing-seasons-in-the-australian-wheatbelt/

That is why looking at yearly statistics is more accurate than cherry-picking convenient months.

fenrir
29-06-2016, 09:23
Ya don't say? Is it really true? I was just taking a wild guess based on the two or three hours I get to lay in bed every morning reading news around the net. Well that and after my mid day nap. Wow it's so inconceivable that there is more than one country on this earth that could do anything for humanity. Ok Russia with 10% of the worlds land mass and almost unlimited natural resource could never be as "indispensable" as the US that has given us mass production, conglomerates, and endless war, mass surveillance and mass data collection and mass shooting on a weekly basis, not to mention all those cool super hero flicks and mindless Rap music and things made in China that break after a predetermined time. How wonderful life would be if we could all just work in a WalMart or McDonalds and be addicted to prescription drugs like they are in America. Home of the free and land of TV zombies. It really sucked when Friends got cancelled. Life has not been the same. I hope the Los Vegas mafia lets my football team win next year. It will just make my life so wonderful under my Budweiser induced coma like state. I might even take out a new loan for something I couldn't really afford otherwise because we all know that real things have just become too expensive under the slow manipulation of the banks that want to decide our fate but are too lazy or too cowardly to do anything about it. What you mean stand up for your right and suffer? I suffer enough already at my shitty job and my prescription meds just keep getting more expensive! I just hope they have some good TV serials on next year so I can forget about how much I want to die or shoot a bunch of people at the mall.

Hey Fenrir I'm going to start the Oxford school of drunken rants and become so rich I will buy Estonia and have you deported back to the US. Gee it should be illegal to get drunk and rant in expat.ru. It's just too much fun!

If you keep posting rants like that, you will eventually be sectioned!!!

Russian Lad
29-06-2016, 11:07

And maybe even circumcised. :smug:

Uncle Wally
29-06-2016, 11:35

Did you just try to make a funny?

Judge
29-06-2016, 14:19
The season is over for who? It is winter in Australia now. The American spring wheat harvest is from mid-August to mid-September. They just finished planting last month.

http://commodities.about.com/od/researchcommodities/a/wheat-seasons.htm

The Australian harvest season is from October-January depending on the region.

http://www.landcommodities.com/growing-seasons-in-the-australian-wheatbelt/

That is why looking at yearly statistics is more accurate than cherry-picking convenient months.

You mention Australia, they are also losing their market share to Russian wheat,no wonder Russia is Number 1,

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-28/black-sea-wheat-to-indonesia/7549106

Since we are on the topic of number 1,
Russia beating the Saudis to the Chinese market,

https://www.rt.com/business/348826-russia-china-oil-exports/

Just like with wheat, Russia has upped it's game,

The Saudi share of Chinese crude imports at the beginning of the decade was about 20 percent, while Russia's was below seven percent.

One more thing, the EU better start dealing with Russia on the south and Nord Stream 2 projects, read the other day about earthquakes off the north of holland in their vast gas field ,it's causing cuts and the only real backup plan is for Russian gas, it's a good job Russia doesn't start doing some pipe maintenance soon.

fenrir
29-06-2016, 18:29
You mention Australia, they are also losing their market share to Russian wheat,no wonder Russia is Number 1,

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-28/black-sea-wheat-to-indonesia/7549106

Since we are on the topic of number 1,
Russia beating the Saudis to the Chinese market,

https://www.rt.com/business/348826-russia-china-oil-exports/

Just like with wheat, Russia has upped it's game,

One more thing, the EU better start dealing with Russia on the south and Nord Stream 2 projects, read the other day about earthquakes off the north of holland in their vast gas field ,it's causing cuts and the only real backup plan is for Russian gas, it's a good job Russia doesn't start doing some pipe maintenance soon.

Good job, Judge. You have just sunk yourself to Wally level. It's pretty bad when you can't comprehend your own sources.

Russian Lad
30-06-2016, 00:33
Good job, Judge. You have just sunk yourself to Wally level. It's pretty bad when you can't comprehend your own sources.

Hey, Fenrir, stop this pernicious Western propaganda, we all know you are lying. Russia is numba uaan! We eat more dogs, for instance: https://lenta.ru/news/2016/06/28/eating_dogs/

fenrir
30-06-2016, 11:01
My, my, how the mighty have fallen.

Vladimir Putin’s China Visit Put His Weakness on Full Display

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/vladimir-putin-china-visit-put-183005854.html

Uncle Wally
30-06-2016, 11:23

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/vladimir-putin-china-visit-put-183005854.html

More Putin bashing huh. Sounds like some people are very sour. After all the talk about how things should be privatised when Putin does it it's weakness. Russia has been making about a 100 billion dollars of new investments and they try to say it's"weak"?

In other news it seems that the US is getting ready to take over the control of food in America. Checking on emergency food and medicine. People have been reporting UN vehicles being moved around, seems like the know something. With that false flag made for TV shooting in Orlando expect another one soon so they can start taking all the guns away.

FatAndy
30-06-2016, 13:15

What, again barking and squealing of lapdogs-interpeters from RIWM® ? :)
The comments are funny, under this pure "stream of consciousness"...

Judge
01-07-2016, 09:53

You're getting as desperate as the Yahoo articles you post...

fenrir
01-07-2016, 20:06
What happened to all those predictions that the sanctions were going to be lessened?

EU Extends Sanctions on Russia Another 6 Months

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/eu-extends-sanctions-russia-months-40273887

FatAndy
01-07-2016, 20:38
What happened to all those predictions that the sanctions were going to be lessened?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/eu-extends-sanctions-russia-months-40273887
Indeed. Vovan just supplied you and other... erhmmm... habitants of so called civilized European countries with another 1.5 years of cheapo dairy and cider. Go and kiss his feet. :rasta:

Uncle Wally
01-07-2016, 20:41

Like I said before "those poor Europeans".

Did I tell you how delicious Brazilian pork is?

Start to worry when Russia cuts of your oil and gas.

FatAndy
01-07-2016, 20:44
Why should we cut? It's not humane. :)

Uncle Wally
01-07-2016, 21:05
Why should we cut? It's not humane. :)

I am talking last resort. When Russians lose all faith run for the hills! Cuz you gonna die!

fenrir
01-07-2016, 21:36

Ha, ha. Good one! Estonia is energy independent. If Russia cuts off supplies, all it does is lose money. Our electricity and heating will be unaffected.

FatAndy
01-07-2016, 21:36
I am talking last resort. When Russians lose all faith run for the hills! Cuz you gonna die!

Armoured
02-07-2016, 13:23
Did I tell you how delicious Brazilian pork is?

I believe you said Brazilian 'cock'.

I presume you meant chicken but who knows?

Uncle Wally
03-07-2016, 00:39
Ha, ha. Good one! Estonia is energy independent. If Russia cuts off supplies, all it does is lose money. Our electricity and heating will be unaffected.

Nobody really cares about Estonia do they.

Uncle Wally
03-07-2016, 00:49
I believe you said Brazilian 'cock'.

I presume you meant chicken but who knows?

You know "cock" better than me don't you? Brazilian or otherwise.

I said Pork! Not like pork your a** but pork like 300,000 tons of it now being imported into Russia from Brazil. One thing I learned in life is if she won't do it her sister will. Or in your case her brother.

fenrir
03-07-2016, 10:05
Nobody really cares about Estonia do they.

Putin cares enough to make complaints and comments as well as position plenty of military forces nearby. And you can't resist mentioning Estonia yourself, can you Mr. I'll be the first to charge across the Narva Bridge.

fenrir
03-07-2016, 10:07
You know "cock" better than me don't you? Brazilian or otherwise.

I said Pork! Not like pork your a** but pork like 300,000 tons of it now being imported into Russia from Brazil. One thing I learned in life is if she won't do it her sister will. Or in your case her brother.

Why does Russia need to import it at all? You and Judge keep telling us Russia is a superpower of agricultural production.

Btw, got a link for that figure? Your other statements have so far proved to be BS, so we need more than your not-so-good word.

Uncle Wally
03-07-2016, 11:01
Why does Russia need to import it at all? You and Judge keep telling us Russia is a superpower of agricultural production.

Btw, got a link for that figure? Your other statements have so far proved to be BS, so we need more than your not-so-good word.

Did you go to the Hillary Clinton Oxford school of lying and denial?

Time and time again I am proven right but yet you still try to push false claims to the contrary.

France used to export 790,000 tons or pork. Now they export 0. Brazil now exports 300,000 tons and Russia makes up the rest.

FatAndy
03-07-2016, 11:21
:rasta:

fenrir
03-07-2016, 13:20
Did you go to the Hillary Clinton Oxford school of lying and denial?

Time and time again I am proven right but yet you still try to push false claims to the contrary.

France used to export 790,000 tons or pork. Now they export 0. Brazil now exports 300,000 tons and Russia makes up the rest.

Links. You're just pulling numbers out of the air otherwise.

Uncle Wally
04-07-2016, 10:37

In your highly delusional state it wouldn't really matter what I posted now would it?

FatAndy
04-07-2016, 10:47

TolkoRaz
04-07-2016, 14:12

Are you saying that Pigs might fly?

fenrir
04-07-2016, 15:52
Are you saying that Pigs might fly?

In Wallyworld, anything (and usually the impossible) is real!

Uncle Wally
04-07-2016, 17:53
On the economic front, protest break out in front of parliament in the UK. They're tired of being ripped off and screwed over by politicians.

As the ruble continues to rise.

Judge
05-07-2016, 06:10
Bizzare 9/11 posts moved ,
http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?672025-False-flags-from-9-11-to-Sandy-Hook

fenrir
06-07-2016, 11:40
California's economy is bigger than all but five nations, World Bank data says

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_30093287/californias-economy-is-bigger-than-all-but-five

That's twice the size of Russia's!

americaninmoscow
06-07-2016, 17:59
California's economy is bigger than all but five nations, World Bank data says

Not only that, but a foreigner, turned naturalized citizen, was able to be the king there (for a while). pretty amazing, and only in America!

Uncle Wally
06-07-2016, 19:18
Not only that, but a foreigner, turned naturalized citizen, was able to be the king there (for a while). pretty amazing, and only in America!

And Katherine the great?

fenrir
14-07-2016, 10:58
Here's the end of another pipe dream.

Russia's Hyperloop Dream Stalls

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-07-13/russia-s-hyperloop-dream-stalls

Judge
14-07-2016, 12:04
Here's the end of another pipe dream.

Russia's Hyperloop Dream Stalls

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-07-13/russia-s-hyperloop-dream-stalls

Probably for the best, spend Billions on something that just might not work ..

Hyperloop One has made an economic case, calculating that a 300-mile hyperloop between Stockholm and Helsinki would cost 19 billion euros ($21 billion) to build

Russia the size of Russia, cost would be trillions :silly:
Let Russia work on high speed rail first. .

americaninmoscow
14-07-2016, 12:59
And Katherine the great?

was she a king?

Uncle Wally
14-07-2016, 13:28
was she a king?

She was the ruler. And a good one at that.

americaninmoscow
27-07-2016, 12:55
so says rostat!

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/20-percent-of-russians-see-themselves-as-poor-54743

Forty-one percent of Russians told researchers that they lacked money for food and clothes, while 23 percent described their material situation as “bad” or “very bad.”

rumple_stilskin
27-07-2016, 13:44
so says rostat!

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/20-percent-of-russians-see-themselves-as-poor-54743

Forty-one percent of Russians told researchers that they lacked money for food and clothes, while 23 percent described their material situation as “bad” or “very bad.”

There is no supporting information there to give you any confidence in how the numbers were calculated. no references. how many surveyed, from which regions etc.

AstarD
27-07-2016, 14:18
Here you go, from the VCIOM site itself:

http://wciom.ru/news/ratings/indeksy_socialnogo_samochuvstviya/

FatAndy
27-07-2016, 14:31
so says rostat!
So called High School of Economics has became "rostat"? :)

Russian Lad
27-07-2016, 18:51
So called High School of Economics has became "rostat"? :)

Would you like to meet in person my multiple neighbors who struggle to survive on 10K rubles per month perhaps? When I take my agreeable evening strolls not a single one passes without someone begging money for food or cigs (and that's in the relatively well-to-do Saint Pete). I have stopped visiting my favorite restaurant because barternders (women) kept begging me for money to feed their children. When will you be willing to face the grim reality?:) I have even more sinister news about salaries arrears: https://lenta.ru/articles/2016/07/27/revolt/
The first fights for cheap kolbasa in supermarkets will be interesting to observe. The fun is about to arrive. Like in the good old days. Aren't you nostalgic, Andy? Haven't you read Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment"?

FatAndy
27-07-2016, 19:35
I have stopped visiting my favorite restaurant because barternders (women) kept begging me for money to feed their children.
How non humane you was, comrade... you had to teach them how to dissolve beer with detergent powder and make fake brandy of tea and cheapo spiritus ;) Well, before you've stopped and cut their income even more.

Russian Lad
27-07-2016, 20:15
How non humane you was, comrade... you had to teach them how to dissolve beer with detergent powder and make fake brandy of tea and cheapo spiritus ;) Well, before you've stopped and cut their income even more.

Well, I didn't tell you the whole story. The bar belongs to Syrians, they seem to be in cahoots with the Azeri, Dag thieves there. I was drunk on my b-day one day there, had 15K rubles and they robbed me. Cut my jacket from the back, took the money from the inside pocket and zipped it back up. The police seem to be involved in this too, so I didn't go to the police. And felt reluctant to turn their bar into a battle zone - those thieves are armed with knives, sprays, I have even seen a gun. So, I just let it go, have other, more meaningful things to do. Crime is rampant and it will be getting much worse. But you are welcome to continue fighting the US and your windmills, comrade. While our own country is being ravaged and most of our countrymen are being reduced to begging paupers. Such a short sight on your part, but inshallah. Me, I just want my palm tree and nubile Asians. I want to observe the festivities from a safe distance, it is becoming ridiculously and disagreeably unsafe here in Russia.

nicklcool
27-07-2016, 21:28
The lack of intetest of the upper middle class is the amazing part; how can they go about their lives without a desire to adapt/better the society and system? They are rather clueless; I have seen for the first time Russians running and cycling for leisure (LOL before that I thought Russians would only run with a purrpose in mind, to be on time).

Huge color revolutions are not at all needed (even as some on this site metaphorically predict them): incremental changes and adjustments will better the system. But that will have to come from the bourgeoisie, which doesn't need to focus on everyday survival, and unlike in many Western socities it seems uninterested in charity and civic engagement. Fewer trips abroad, luxury shopping, elite private schools, and more peaceful petitioning of the government. Maybe also tax breaks for charitable giving are in order?

Russian Lad
27-07-2016, 22:31
The lack of intetest of the upper middle class is the amazing part; how can they go about their lives without a desire to adapt/better the society and system? They are rather clueless; I have seen for the first time Russians running and cycling for leisure (LOL before that I thought Russians would only run with a purrpose in mind, to be on time).

Huge color revolutions are not at all needed (even as some on this site metaphorically predict them): incremental changes and adjustments will better the system. But that will have to come from the bourgeoisie, which doesn't need to focus on everyday survival, and unlike in many Western socities it seems uninterested in charity and civic engagement. Fewer trips abroad, luxury shopping, elite private schools, and more peaceful petitioning of the government. Maybe also tax breaks for charitable giving are in order?

You are a pipe dreamer:). They are not clueless, they just pursue their own agenda. They view Russia as a "pasture" and the citizens - as "the sheep" to get the wool from. Not one of them really wants to live in Russia all the time and/or when they get old, except for a very few exceptions.
And "upper middle class" in Russia is a relative term, "from dirt to knights" as we say.

fenrir
27-07-2016, 23:21
I'm in Greece now and the resort I'm staying at is about half Russians. I wonder why they are here instead of the Crimea or Sochi. Maybe Wally can explain.

Fantastika
28-07-2016, 04:04
In America, is worse!

In 2014: 48.1 million Americans lived in food insecure households, including 32.8 million adults and 15.3 million children. :10641:

Hunger-and-Poverty-FACT SHEET ??? (http://www.feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/impact-of-hunger/hunger-and-poverty/hunger-and-poverty-fact-sheet.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/) :)

"Food insecurity" -- What is it? Little Billy doesn't get a Pepsi, a bowl of popcorn, and chocolate before going to bed. He's "food insecure". :)

The above stats are brought to you by "1-800-cars-4-kids." Call now! You can help in the fight against food insecurity! Just donate your car! :)

If you don't have a car to give, they will accept your donation of your truck, minivan, boat, ATV, slightly used APC, diamond necklaces, gold coins, and other loot you have unfairly accumulated over the years... :)

Clothing is a separate issue. Little Billy really does desperately need those $300 Lebron James Reeboks. :)

Judge
28-07-2016, 08:34
I'm in Greece now and the resort I'm staying at is about half Russians. I wonder why they are here instead of the Crimea or Sochi. Maybe Wally can explain.

Why not go around ask the Russians yourself,then get back to us ,small talk around the breakfast table. You're the one best to answer really, you often visit Crimea for your holidays,Wally probably hasn't been to either place.
Btw, you're lucky the other half are vacating in Russia, if they weren't there would be no room for you:smile:

FatAndy
28-07-2016, 08:55
I was drunk on my b-day one day there, had 15K rubles and they robbed me. Cut my jacket from the back, took the money from the inside pocket and zipped it back up.
"Note: It would be better not to get drunk." © by Jack our London

Me, I just want my palm tree and nubile Asians.
Go then, Pulkovo-2 is open yet. Nobody will feel sorry, I guess.

Russian Lad
28-07-2016, 11:14
"Note: It would be better not to get drunk." © by Jack our London

Right. And if I was a girl and was raped to a bloody pulp because I was coming home late at night you would say: "Young women should not go about at night unaccompanied?" But would you say the same in those two situations if it happened to your relative? And even if you would say it, would it be the only thing you would say?
Besides, it wasn't like I got drunk to complete unconsciousness, I walked home ok. They were real pros and put up a whole show - even bought me a b-day cake with candles. So, I relaxed too much and noticed I was robbed only the next day. Even the cut they made on the jacket - straight on the seam, and since they zipped back the inside pocket it took me some time to figure out they took the money. :smug: Chances are I dropped the cash myself but they are very slim.
My main point is crime and poverty are on a steep rise in Russia (Obama's fault? The Ukrs'? The aliens'?) and the kvas patriots' turning of a blind eye to it will not make matters any better. It will make them only worse. Much worse.

Go then, Pulkovo-2 is open yet.

Yet?

FatAndy
28-07-2016, 12:19
Yet?
Yes. Catch your chance ASAP. ;)

Suuryaa
28-07-2016, 13:05
Well, I didn't tell you the whole story. The bar belongs to Syrians, they seem to be in cahoots with the Azeri, Dag thieves there. I was drunk on my b-day one day there, had 15K rubles and they robbed me. Cut my jacket from the back, took the money from the inside pocket and zipped it back up. The police seem to be involved in this too, so I didn't go to the police. And felt reluctant to turn their bar into a battle zone - those thieves are armed with knives, sprays, I have even seen a gun. So, I just let it go, have other, more meaningful things to do. Crime is rampant and it will be getting much worse. But you are welcome to continue fighting the US and your windmills, comrade. While our own country is being ravaged and most of our countrymen are being reduced to begging paupers. Such a short sight on your part, but inshallah. Me, I just want my palm tree and nubile Asians. I want to observe the festivities from a safe distance, it is becoming ridiculously and disagreeably unsafe here in Russia.

Europe doesn't seem very safe either!

Russian Lad
28-07-2016, 13:16
Europe doesn't seem very safe either!

I am not interested very much in Europe, however, I am 99% sure there will not be any terrorist attacks in Greece or in Italy, in the Czech Republic or in Hungary - to name just those four. Again, Watson, use your brain matter to deduct why I think so. We may even exclude Turkey from the list of "unsafe" countries for now I think.
As to the general crime rates, I can only judge for here. It has gotten much worse.

FatAndy
28-07-2016, 18:39
Again, Watson, use your brain matter to deduct why I think so.
No need to use brain, every RIWM® easily can yell about long arms of Key-Dzhee-Bee. ;)

Russian Lad
28-07-2016, 19:01
No need to use brain, every RIWM® easily can yell about long arms of Key-Dzhee-Bee. ;)

I don't have a clue what you are talking about, comrade, about some sort of bees? Do the bees have enough honey? What are the hungry bees gonna do? Will they turn into spiders if put in a glass jar? But I trust you are well-informed, so your opinion is valuable. Who is RIWM?

FatAndy
28-07-2016, 19:26
Who is RIWM?
You've forgot critically important thingy, comrade - registered trademark sign. :)
Reputable Independent Western Media ®

Russian Lad
28-07-2016, 19:29
You've forgot critically important thingy, comrade - registered trademark sign. :)
Reputable Independent Western Media ®

Ah, my bad. Well, I take into account all the media. However, I also use my head for analysis. These days very often even opening one's eyes and looking around would be enough. Try it some time, you may find the activity refreshing.:)

Judge
19-08-2016, 11:22
I thought EU countries were trying to turn their backs on Russian gas,

Miller said earlier that from January 1 to August 15, Gazprom increased gas supplies to Europe by 10.4% compared to the same period last year, in volume terms - increase of 9.9 bln cubic meters. He noted that the demand for Russian gas increased in Austria (16.8%), Greece (66.2%), Poland (21.5%). Gazprom export is steadily growing in France - 29.3%, in the UK - by 62.1%, the Netherlands - 95.6%, in Denmark - by 137.3% -

http://tass.com/economy/894791

Russian Lad
19-08-2016, 14:00
I thought EU countries were trying to turn their backs on Russian gas,

Miller said earlier that from January 1 to August 15, Gazprom increased gas supplies to Europe by 10.4% compared to the same period last year, in volume terms - increase of 9.9 bln cubic meters. He noted that the demand for Russian gas increased in Austria (16.8%), Greece (66.2%), Poland (21.5%). Gazprom export is steadily growing in France - 29.3%, in the UK - by 62.1%, the Netherlands - 95.6%, in Denmark - by 137.3% -

http://tass.com/economy/894791

Not sure what he is on about. Hasn't Poland refused to buy Russian gas, like any of it? They are using the US LNG more and more, have new terminals erected. By the way, have you noticed that my prediction has materialized - the oil prices grow but the ruble often reacts the opposite way? Right now oil is 50.70 and the dollar costs the same as when oil cost 42... The Russian economy is going down the drain with the daily increasing speed...

Judge
19-08-2016, 14:35
Not sure what he is on about. Hasn't Poland refused to buy Russian gas, like any of it? They are using the US LNG more and more, have new terminals erected. By the way, have you noticed that my prediction has materialized - the oil prices grow but the ruble often reacts the opposite way? Right now oil is 50.70 and the dollar costs the same as when oil cost 42... The Russian economy is going down the drain with the daily increasing speed...

Poland's LNG terminal can't supply all of their gas needs, about a 1/3,I think.

A good thing or a bad thing, depends how you look at it,but the ruble is starting to be less influenced by the price of oil, the economy is becoming more diversified.
Also, having a stable currency is a good thing all round.
And some experts disagree with you, they say Russia is about to exit its longest recession in 20 years.

Russian Lad
19-08-2016, 15:17
the economy is becoming more diversified

Diversified by/with what exactly?:) What exactly has improved since 2014? The same hemp, honey and fir economy. Technologically and industrially Russia is as wayward as Nigeria, except probably for the nuclear sector, which, in and by itself, cannot sustain the economy (the USSR had it even in a better shape). The coffers will be empty within a year. The clock is ticking louder every minute. For whom do the bells toll?:)
A stable ruble? Don't make me laugh, it will be within 80-100 by the end of December. Will fall like a rock when oil begins falling soon. We had absolutely the same dynamics last summer, only the ruble was stronger and you all laughed when I said there would be a day when the oil prices would grow but the ruble would still be falling. Well, these days have arrived. Oil 40 or 50, the dollar is still 64. The trick is it will be 90-100+ when the oil is 30-... Then the printing presses will get red-hot. Then hyperinflation. Then prices dancing, then deficits. I know the drill more than I wish to...

Uncle Wally
19-08-2016, 16:40
Diversified by/with what exactly?:) What exactly has improved since 2014? The same hemp, honey and fir economy. Technologically and industrially Russia is as wayward as Nigeria, except probably for the nuclear sector, which, in and by itself, cannot sustain the economy (the USSR had it even in a better shape). The coffers will be empty within a year. The clock is ticking louder every minute. For whom do the bells toll?:)
A stable ruble? Don't make me laugh, it will be within 80-100 by the end of December. Will fall like a rock when oil begins falling soon. We had absolutely the same dynamics last summer, only the ruble was stronger and you all laughed when I said there would be a day when the oil prices would grow but the ruble would still be falling. Well, these days have arrived. Oil 40 or 50, the dollar is still 64. The trick is it will be 90-100+ when the oil is 30-... Then the printing presses will get red-hot. Then hyperinflation. Then prices dancing, then deficits. I know the drill more than I wish to...

No you are wrong. Farmers are growing and sell more. More chicken, pork and beef are being produced not to mention more factories making more things. I've been seeing new cheese in the store and it's good quality. Russia has been making new deals with more countries than ever before. Isolation ha! These sanctions are maybe the best thing to happen in Russia since the invention of vodka!

Russian Lad
19-08-2016, 18:27
No you are wrong. Farmers are growing and sell more. More chicken, pork and beef are being produced not to mention more factories making more things. I've been seeing new cheese in the store and it's good quality. Russia has been making new deals with more countries than ever before. Isolation ha! These sanctions are maybe the best thing to happen in Russia since the invention of vodka!

Wally, that's a lousy job of remaining positive despite the odds and the facts. The numbers tell us a different story and, what sounds like a mournful requiem for your groundless claims, the Russian government agrees with them... You need to ask your Russian supervisors for a better metodichka. The times are changing, try to keep up. I suggest you stick to this line: "1) Yes, the situation in Russia has gotten much worse, but it is only because of the bloody Americans and their poodles, Europeans, 2) Russians are more poor than before, but they are more spiritual and more united in the face of the dangers from the outside world, 3) The situation is made much worse by the traitors and the fifth column inside the country, this issue needs to be addressed asap". Consult with your supervisors, I am sure they will approve this new strategy. See, RL has to do your job for you now, Wally. What a shame. I should be given a portion of your doshiraks.
Ref.:
http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/aktsii/u-pravitelstva-konchayutsya-nalichnye-1001350732
http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/lichnyye-finansy/proval-privatizacii-udarit-po-kramanam-rossiyan-1001360958
http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/lichnyye-finansy/prosto-deneg-net-realnye-pensii-upali-na-3-6percent-1001333478

nicklcool
19-08-2016, 22:15
RL, I skimmed the Stratfor report you referenced (can't find the post); thanks for sharing.

TBH when I saw the author's statement that the outlook for the USA is to continue to be the economic hegemon I had to question the accuracy of the rest of it! He states that the US economy is isolated enough to be protected from the rest of the world, sich that an EU failure, Russian collapse , or other economic failures would not greatly harm the USA. And yet America's versions of Pravda and our version of the Russian watch guy (president's Press secretary and other hacks) have claimed for a half decade that the weakness of the world's economies is what's keeping our GDP pathetically at/under 1%. So either they're right and Stratfor is wrong, or there are other fundamentals weakening our economy that puts doubt on Stratfor's prediction of economic strength for the next decade into question! IMHO it's the latter and since Hillary will be elected by our own pelmeshki eating idiots, what about those fundamentals (whatever they may be) will change? They'll get worse!

Now OK RL and bydnd, yes, I know that's a huge whataboutism ;) The whole point is, the aithor loses quite a bit of his analytical credibility with this glaring misstep. Then again you can firgive him; Probably Stratfor becomes worthless if the USA tanks so it's in his interest to paint a rosier picture for the USA than the RF ;);)

As for his analysis on the RF, he presumes again that oil is on an unstoppable downward trend, and if you believe that I've got a bridge and some 70s era solar panels to sell you. Also he has not suggested the cataclysmic event that tears away the provinces from Moscow, so I have to ask, if he thinks a slow drip-drip-drip is what wrests the provinces from Moscow's control, then how haven't the awful events of the 2000's and 2010's (terror attacks, protests, recessions, etc.) not already begun this process?

RL with you long-run prediction of hungry bellies beating the TVs, are you underestimating Russians' resourcefulness? Things are already quite bad (and definitely worse from pre-2008) economically, but the Russians are surviving and actually growing; they are such a strong nationality!!

Give me a break; RF is in a recession because of weak oil prices and fundamental weaknesses in her society? Pop quiz, if the roles were reversed, how would the USA handle sanctions that froze her access to credit!? LMFAO

We're all grasping at straws trying to prove causation instead of just correlation for the statuses of the USA and RF. Honestly we can probably just roll Stratfor's report up and use it in the loo. Both countries are strong and at least semi-hegemons and will be fine so long as the West finds some leaders who undedstand the mutually beneficial relationships that can be built. And stop building these relationships with actual authoritarian dictatorships like Cuba, Iran, Islamist groups, etc.!!

FatAndy
19-08-2016, 22:40

Uncle Wally
19-08-2016, 22:51
RL, I skimmed the Stratfor report you referenced (can't find the post); thanks for sharing.

TBH when I saw the author's statement that the outlook for the USA is to continue to be the economic hegemon I had to question the accuracy of the rest of it! He states that the US economy is isolated enough to be protected from the rest of the world, sich that an EU failure, Russian collapse , or other economic failures would not greatly harm the USA. And yet America's versions of Pravda and our version of the Russian watch guy (president's Press secretary and other hacks) have claimed for a half decade that the weakness of the world's economies is what's keeping our GDP pathetically at/under 1%. So either they're right and Stratfor is wrong, or there are other fundamentals weakening our economy that puts doubt on Stratfor's prediction of economic strength for the next decade into question! IMHO it's the latter and since Hillary will be elected by our own pelmeshki eating idiots, what about those fundamentals (whatever they may be) will change? They'll get worse!

Now OK RL and bydnd, yes, I know that's a huge whataboutism ;) The whole point is, the aithor loses quite a bit of his analytical credibility with this glaring misstep. Then again you can firgive him; Probably Stratfor becomes worthless if the USA tanks so it's in his interest to paint a rosier picture for the USA than the RF ;);)

As for his analysis on the RF, he presumes again that oil is on an unstoppable downward trend, and if you believe that I've got a bridge and some 70s era solar panels to sell you. Also he has not suggested the cataclysmic event that tears away the provinces from Moscow, so I have to ask, if he thinks a slow drip-drip-drip is what wrests the provinces from Moscow's control, then how haven't the awful events of the 2000's and 2010's (terror attacks, protests, recessions, etc.) not already begun this process?

RL with you long-run prediction of hungry bellies beating the TVs, are you underestimating Russians' resourcefulness? Things are already quite bad (and definitely worse from pre-2008) economically, but the Russians are surviving and actually growing; they are such a strong nationality!!

Give me a break; RF is in a recession because of weak oil prices and fundamental weaknesses in her society? Pop quiz, if the roles were reversed, how would the USA handle sanctions that froze her access to credit!? LMFAO

We're all grasping at straws trying to prove causation instead of just correlation for the statuses of the USA and RF. Honestly we can probably just roll Stratfor's report up and use it in the loo. Both countries are strong and at least semi-hegemons and will be fine so long as the West finds some leaders who undedstand the mutually beneficial relationships that can be built. And stop building these relationships with actual authoritarian dictatorships like Cuba, Iran, Islamist groups, etc.!!

First you must understand that you have been lied too for well your whole life. RL is just hoping that the lying thieves' win because well he wants to be one. The western world press is controlled by the same warmongers that have been lying about Hillary's popularity so they can continue their robbery and murder. RL is just an opportunists and is just thinking that I better have my fun now because it's either I go and stay with the guy with fire and pointed sticks, or I die and it's over or if there is a next life I will make up for it then

Russian Lad
19-08-2016, 23:49

There is still some cash left in the coffers, massive layoffs haven't started yet in earnest (there is some of it though and there are serious non-payment and work/payment reduction/arrears issues at many enterprises), hyperinflation hasn't hit yet (it will). Most of the Russians are munching on their last pork legs and many are in dire debt they will never be able to repay. It takes time, stick around. The situation, the way I see it, looks approximately like this, to help you with a visual aid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WmWsRVxHsM

We're all grasping at straws trying to prove causation instead of just correlation for the statuses of the USA and RF.

Comparing the US and the RF economies is rather unwise. Industrially and technologically, the RF is like 30-40 years behind the US. The dollar is a global reserve currency, the ruble isn't. The RF Central Bank is basically nothing more than an exchange booth of the Federal Reserve. Maybe you need to take the trouble of learning a bit more about global finances. You either don't know much about it or you are trying to follow Wally's "Restaurants are full of laughing people" pitch.

First you must understand that you have been lied too for well your whole life. RL is just hoping that the lying thieves' win because well he wants to be one. The western world press is controlled by the same warmongers that have been lying about Hillary's popularity so they can continue their robbery and murder. RL is just an opportunists and is just thinking that I better have my fun now because it's either I go and stay with the guy with fire and pointed sticks, or I die and it's over or if there is a next life I will make up for it then

Now, Wally, this has been rather incoherent again, better work on the points I have suggested, they will keep you properly busy and plausible here for the coming 2-3 years. As to me personally, I am doing just fine even now, don't worry about me and my aspirations too much, I will be nothing but a straw in the midst of the coming storm, just like you - concentrate on the bigger picture we are discussing.:)

FatAndy
20-08-2016, 18:26

Uncle Wally
20-08-2016, 22:16
There is still some cash left in the coffers, massive layoffs haven't started yet in earnest (there is some of it though and there are serious non-payment and work/payment reduction/arrears issues at many enterprises), hyperinflation hasn't hit yet (it will). Most of the Russians are munching on their last pork legs and many are in dire debt they will never be able to repay. It takes time, stick around. The situation, the way I see it, looks approximately like this, to help you with a visual aid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WmWsRVxHsM

Comparing the US and the RF economies is rather unwise. Industrially and technologically, the RF is like 30-40 years behind the US. The dollar is a global reserve currency, the ruble isn't. The RF Central Bank is basically nothing more than an exchange booth of the Federal Reserve. Maybe you need to take the trouble of learning a bit more about global finances. You either don't know much about it or you are trying to follow Wally's "Restaurants are full of laughing people" pitch.

Now, Wally, this has been rather incoherent again, better work on the points I have suggested, they will keep you properly busy and plausible here for the coming 2-3 years. As to me personally, I am doing just fine even now, don't worry about me and my aspirations too much, I will be nothing but a straw in the midst of the coming storm, just like you - concentrate on the bigger picture we are discussing.:)

Yes I understand you think you're ok and desperately try to make us believe it. I myself am close to death and don't really care about your lies and illusions. Your wishful thinking about the suffering and pain you wish on Russians kind of makes me sick. I would go further but Judge is kind of sensitive to the... You will just love the slavery that the American nazi have waiting for you spineless sluts.

fenrir
20-08-2016, 22:17

Try to stick to the topic, which ISN'T about Hillary or your conspiracy theory fantasies.

Uncle Wally
20-08-2016, 22:34
Try to stick to the topic, which ISN'T about Hillary or your conspiracy theory fantasies.

Ok Mr retard. Because there was never a group of people who had a plan for anything. The whole 9/11 bin laden thing that your government told you about was not a "conspiracy" because you don't even understand what that word means anymore.

nicklcool
21-08-2016, 10:01
Yes I understand you think you're ok and desperately try to make us believe it. I myself am close to death and don't really care about your lies and illusions. Your wishful thinking about the suffering and pain you wish on Russians kind of makes me sick. I would go further but Judge is kind of sensitive to the... You will just love the slavery that the American nazi have waiting for you spineless sluts.

Uncle Wally RL doesn't wish suffering and pain on Russians; he just sees no other way besides economic difficulty for Russians to realize that they need (in his opinion) a new system of government. You've set up a strawman argument, like the Democrats who say Republicans want poor people to die because they're against Obamacare or want to reform welfare.

Ok Mr retard. Because there was never a group of people who had a plan for anything. The whole 9/11 bin laden thing that your government told you about was not a "conspiracy" because you don't even understand what that word means anymore.

Before you personally attack Fenrir you'd do well to think through your still unexplained logical fallacy that the rich in the USA are conspiring against the middle cl**** but the rich in Russia do no such things.

fenrir
21-08-2016, 12:02

You have already reduced yourself to name-calling. Good job! Btw, you are continuing with your conspiracy fantasies instead of staying on topic.

Russian Lad
21-08-2016, 13:51
Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
Uncle Wally RL doesn't wish suffering and pain on Russians; he just sees no other way besides economic difficulty for Russians to realize that they need (in his opinion) a new system of government. You've set up a strawman argument, like the Democrats who say Republicans want poor people to die because they're against Obamacare or want to reform welfare.

It is not really about what I wish for the Russians or not (the only thing that I really wish to quite many of them is to develop their brains), it is about what I think is going to happen.:)

Before you personally attack Fenrir you'd do well to think through your still unexplained logical fallacy that the rich in the USA are conspiring against the middle cl**** but the rich in Russia do no such things.

Yes, Wally, tell us about the Russian law-abiding, spiritual, hard-working and otherwise adorable Russian elites.

Uncle Wally
21-08-2016, 20:28
http://m.sputniknews.com/politics/20160819/1044443930/rothschild-gold-dollar.html

Gold huh?

Uncle Wally
21-08-2016, 20:32

The difference is the Russia government is not paid for and elected by the rich unlike the American puppet government.

Russian Lad
21-08-2016, 22:15
The difference is the Russia government is not paid for and elected by the rich

Do you have a proof of this? :smug:

Uncle Wally
22-08-2016, 05:50
Do you have a proof of this? :smug:

Yup, the rich people that put Putin in power have all left the country or are dead.

bydand
22-08-2016, 11:26
Yup, the rich people that put Putin in power have all left the country or are dead.

That's the thanks they get!

Russian Lad
22-08-2016, 12:32

How is them being dead proves any of the above? As to those who have left the country, most of them didn't feel like sharing their riches or were prosecuted. The backbone of the oligarchs from the nineties, they are still around though - Usmanov, Alikperov, Abramovich, Lisin, Prokhorov, Kerimov, Friedman, Deripaska, Mordashov, Potanin, etc. - they are still around. Some Putin's friends like Timchenko, Rotenberg, etc. represent a new layer of oligarchs (of course, it is just a coincidence that they became oligarchs, no nepotism or corruption). So, I am not sure what you are saying. Tell us about how nice, spiritual and hardworking these Russians are. Tell us about their modest and enlightening, stile impero tastes.
You know what I think, Wally? I think that you have very limited info about all this. You are trying to punch well above your weight and get no pelmeshka this time. Ask your Russian supervisors for a beginner's training in the matters of Russian oligarchs.

Uncle Wally
22-08-2016, 13:09
How is them being dead proves any of the above? As to those who have left the country, most of them didn't feel like sharing their riches or were prosecuted. The backbone of the oligarchs from the nineties, they are still around though - Usmanov, Alikperov, Abramovich, Lisin, Prokhorov, Kerimov, Friedman, Deripaska, Mordashov, Potanin, etc. - they are still around. Some Putin's friends like Timchenko, Rotenberg, etc. represent a new layer of oligarchs (of course, it is just a coincidence that they became oligarchs, no nepotism or corruption). So, I am not sure what you are saying. Tell us about how nice, spiritual and hardworking these Russians are. Tell us about their modest and enlightening, stile impero tastes.
You know what I think, Wally? I think that you have very limited info about all this. You are trying to punch well above your weight and get no pelmeshka this time. Ask your Russian supervisors for a beginner's training in the matters of Russian oligarchs.

I know for a fact that some of them were very against Krim joining Russia and the sanctions that followed. I know people who work very closely with some of them. It hurt their ability to get loans and make investments. How many Russian billionaires do you see going to a Bilderberg meeting?

Russian Lad
22-08-2016, 13:51
I know for a fact that some of them were very against Krim joining Russia and the sanctions that followed. I know people who work very closely with some of them. It hurt their ability to get loans and make investments.

Is it hurting Putin's friends like Timchenko and Rottenberg though? Not at all, they are getting even more contracts and more gravy. As to other oligarchs, yes, they may be losing some, but for Putin only his friends' well-being really matters, for obvious reasons. The other oligarchs are also under control of the Кооператив anyway. Not that it helps hundreds of thousands of starving Russian babushkas in any meaningful manner. Have you learnt playing violin yet?
Again, you are trying to punch above your weight, get a beginner's training from your supervisors.

Uncle Wally
22-08-2016, 14:11
Is it hurting Putin's friends like Timchenko and Rottenberg though? Not at all, they are getting even more contracts and more gravy. As to other oligarchs, yes, they may be losing some, but for Putin only his friends' well-being really matters, for obvious reasons. The other oligarchs are also under control of the Кооператив anyway. Not that it helps hundreds of thousands of starving Russian babushkas in any meaningful manner. Have you learnt playing violin yet?
Again, you are trying to punch above your weight, get a beginner's training from your supervisors.

Look the point being in America it's the 1% telling the president what to say and do, in Russia it's the other way round. Yes Putin needs them and may very well help them but they are not anything close to what's happening in the US.

FatAndy
22-08-2016, 14:25

Russian Lad
22-08-2016, 14:47
Look the point being in America it's the 1% telling the president what to say and do, in Russia it's the other way round.

Even if we assume it is true, it is way better than having one person telling the rest what to do, 1% out of 350 million is still a lot of people. Because when this one person is gone/is on pension/leaves the power for whatever reason after he develops an acute interest, say, in gardening, there will be the power struggle of unprecedented proportions. With unpredictable results. Well, I think I know the results already, but the processes will be extremely disagreeable, that's what I am trying to say.
Besides, when one person is in control and there is no real delegation of powers many decision-making processes simply get stalled. Soon we will not even be able to go to the toilet before Putin approves the act in writing. Feudal societies had this structure in the 12-14th centuries, it proved to be ineffective. But you may be right in one thing - Russia is stuck in the feudal Middle Ages. It is not going to last for long, not in the digital age of the 21st century. Even if one person is a genius (which Putin isn't) he still has his limits.

Uncle Wally
22-08-2016, 16:24
Even if we assume it is true, it is way better than having one person telling the rest what to do, 1% out of 350 million is still a lot of people. Because when this one person is gone/is on pension/leaves the power for whatever reason after he develops an acute interest, say, in gardening, there will be the power struggle of unprecedented proportions. With unpredictable results. Well, I think I know the results already, but the processes will be extremely disagreeable, that's what I am trying to say.
Besides, when one person is in control and there is no real delegation of powers many decision-making processes simply get stalled. Soon we will not even be able to go to the toilet before Putin approves the act in writing. Feudal societies had this structure in the 12-14th centuries, it proved to be ineffective. But you may be right in one thing - Russia is stuck in the feudal Middle Ages. It is not going to last for long, not in the digital age of the 21st century. Even if one person is a genius (which Putin isn't) he still has his limits.

It not just the 1% in America. It's the 1% from Europe too. They just use America as their police. Look what has happened in the US since 9/11. More and more rights are getting taken away. People becoming poorer and dumber and lazier. In Europe it seems like only Germany is running the show and could care less what people think. We are headed for a police state where everything you do or say is watched and listened to. Where you go to work and keep your mouth shut or they come grab you and put you the reeducation camp. I feel it's slow creep. Putin on the other hand is trying to stop this world take over and has been the only one with any success. His method may frighten you but once all is said and done Putin and Russia may be remembered as the one how saved the world from the second coming of the Nazi.

Russian Lad
22-08-2016, 17:50
It not just the 1% in America. It's the 1% from Europe too. They just use America as their police. Look what has happened in the US since 9/11. More and more rights are getting taken away. People becoming poorer and dumber and lazier. In Europe it seems like only Germany is running the show and could care less what people think. We are headed for a police state where everything you do or say is watched and listened to. Where you go to work and keep your mouth shut or they come grab you and put you the reeducation camp. I feel it's slow creep. Putin on the other hand is trying to stop this world take over and has been the only one with any success. His method may frighten you but once all is said and done Putin and Russia may be remembered as the one how saved the world from the second coming of the Nazi.

All our dear leader is after is maximum enrichment via maximum control (Americans get in the way with their stupid notions of international laws and so forth) and maybe for a nice place in history books. His luck stopped in 2014 though, from now on it is a downhill path, with a gradual acceleration. History makes no exception in such cases. My videocamera is ready for some cool filming, the winter is coming soon.:) It is gonna be fun.

Suuryaa
22-08-2016, 18:13
His luck stopped

And nice he's in office :).

Uncle Wally
22-08-2016, 19:25
All our dear leader is after is maximum enrichment via maximum control (Americans get in the way with their stupid notions of international laws and so forth) and maybe for a nice place in history books. His luck stopped in 2014 though, from now on it is a downhill path, with a gradual acceleration. History makes no exception in such cases. My videocamera is ready for some cool filming, the winter is coming soon.:) It is gonna be fun.

You've been saying that for two years now and while I don't think things have gotten much better they certainly have not gotten that bad. Somethings have even gotten better like the foods produced here.

Russian Lad
22-08-2016, 20:22
And nice he's in office .

Believe me or not, but I would not agree to be in his shoes right now even for a few briefcases stuffed with USD. I would rather be Wally, my future would still look brighter.

You've been saying that for two years now

A lot has happened during the last two years, almost all of it - for the worst, just as I predicted - a gradual downhill movement till we reach a climax - like 60% of the road already covered in this direction, imho. Pretending things are the same or better is plain stupid, Wally. Yes, there may be some little improvements in some areas, but is like 1 area with an improvement versus 100 areas with a deterioration. Even a pack of the cigs I smoke costs 40 rubles more than back then. And the Russian government openly admits many of those problems, so you are fighting windmills all by yourself and look really ridiculous now, Wally.

bydand
22-08-2016, 20:59
You forgot Lad, dollar is going to collapse, implode, and ruble will be King; or Bricks. I vote on bricks, people keep trying to steel my bricks.

FatAndy
25-08-2016, 02:26
Some very nice news for fenrir, regarding his beloved cider:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a8128350-6844-11e6-a0b1-d87a9fea034f.html
:beerbros:

"a government campaign to eat apples “against Putin”" - this made my day! :rofl:

Russian Lad
25-08-2016, 04:19
Some very nice news for fenrir, regarding his beloved cider:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a8128350-6844-11e6-a0b1-d87a9fea034f.html
:beerbros:

"a government campaign to eat apples “against Putin”" - this made my day! :rofl:

Fine, this is bound to make your morning then:):

1) Kuban farmers going to Moscow to talk to the president about rampant crime and corruption arrested on the way to Moscow:

https://youtu.be/IdFqAmFwX1A

Russian Lad
25-08-2016, 04:19
2) Rostov miners who haven't been paid salaries for over a year go on hunger strike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-HQ-HHknL0

Russian Lad
25-08-2016, 04:21
3) Samara governor to a local worker who hasn't been paid her salary for some months: "We are not going to pay you your salary if you talk to me like that!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5FNX3TqBM

Want more real news?:) It should be enough for one morning, enjoy... Wally, why are these Russians not in a restaurant and not laughing? How are they supposed to feed their little children now, after not receiving salary for their work for over a year? Will you share your doshirak and pelmeshki with the hungry Russian crowds? Or you will spoonfeed to them your stories about Obama taking away their salaries from them? Will they believe you?:) I strongly doubt it. Those stories about evil US are good only for well-fed people. The hungry ones won't listen. Kolbasa Catch-22. The fridge of many Russians is empty already, it has won and the showdown is approaching fast.

FatAndy
25-08-2016, 04:51
Ouch, you watch Maidown-TV, comrade? Be careful, rumours say, their beams penetrate skull and go into brains of non-resistant comrades. ;)

Russian Lad
25-08-2016, 04:54
Ouch, you watch Maidown-TV, comrade? Be careful, rumours say, their beams penetrate skull and go into brains of non-resistant comrades.

What Maidown tv? The journalist's last name is Sotnikov, hence the name of his program. Like 90% time of those videos - Russians speaking on camera. And they don't look like American or Ukrainian spies at all. You suspect they are, all of them? And their Russian bosses who haven't been paying their salaries - they are also American or Ukrainian spies? Even the Samara governor who openly claims he doesn't feel like paying the salary to a starving Russian woman, the salary that she has worked for already??? Wow. The plot thickens...

FatAndy
25-08-2016, 04:57
What Maidown tv? The journalist's last name is Sotnikov
Not Sotnikov, but Sotnik. He has the Ds. as "maidan of the brain, 3rd degree, non-operable". :(

And they don't look like American or Ukrainian spies at all. You suspect they are, all of them?
For sure. Real spies never look lke spies ;)

Russian Lad
25-08-2016, 05:01
For sure. Real spies never look lke spies

Oh, I see. What about Pu... Or Medve... No, I am afraid to ask this... And at least one of them is also using Facebook and Twitter, gadgets of the evil US of A... No, tell me comrade you surely don't mean what I think, this is too hard to grasp.

Russian Lad
25-08-2016, 14:05
Not Sotnikov, but Sotnik. He has the Ds. as "maidan of the brain, 3rd degree, non-operable".

Ok, maybe, I don't know his personal views actually. However, he is not talking much throughout those reels, like 95% of the time it is Russians talking. Or you didn't watch it?

FatAndy
25-08-2016, 15:14
Ok, maybe, I don't know his personal views actually. However, he is not talking much throughout those reels, like 95% of the time it is Russians talking. Or you didn't watch it?
Comrade, please excuse me, but I can't watch every garbage posted in those yours entornets. Physically.
Sotnik - it's quite enough to determine, worth or flush. :) Insha alla...

Russian Lad
25-08-2016, 16:07
Comrade, please excuse me, but I can't watch every garbage posted in those yours entornets. Physically.
Sotnik - it's quite enough to determine, worth or flush. :) Insha alla...

Physically it required just like 10 minutes of your precious time, somehow I am sure you waste much more than that on things like editing Wally and so forth, i.e. waste it anyway. I think you are just not ready for the Truthъ.:)
An update on the failing Russian economy: Russians are taking even more credits. I think given the exorbitant rates of those credits (9-20% in banks and 100%+ in microfinancing companies) and the overall financial illiteracy of the population, we are witnessing a growing bubble of immense proportions. According to my estimates, it will burst big time in about a year: http://www.rbc.ru/newspaper/2016/08/24/57bc67329a79474e2b61663a

Uncle Wally
25-08-2016, 16:17
Ouch, you watch Maidown-TV, comrade? Be careful, rumours say, their beams penetrate skull and go into brains of non-resistant comrades. ;)

First you have to have a brain.

FatAndy
25-08-2016, 16:32
First you have to have a brain.
Nowadays it's rather rare situation, I agree.

Physically it required just like 10 minutes of your precious time, somehow I am sure you waste much more than that on things like editing Wally and so forth, i.e. waste it anyway.
Wally deserves it, while he's curable. Sasha Sotnik isn't. :) L'alla as sayah, saiidi ;)

Russian Lad
25-08-2016, 16:43
Sasha Sotnik isn't. L'alla as sayah, saiidi

Well, it is not about Sasha Sotnik at all, it is about the Russians not getting paid for over a year and going on a hunger strike. It is about the Russians who cannot tolerate corruption and crime and go to Moscow to talk to Putin and get arrested on the way. This is on hundreds of other news sources including, say, RBK*. You are going to wave it all off, together with those Russians, just because it doesn't fit your imperialistic, great Russia worldview? Do you suggest these Russians and their little Russian children die from hunger for your erroneous and bloody land-grabbing fantasies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=688pqVMLGts

FatAndy
25-08-2016, 17:45
it is about the Russians not getting paid for over a year and going on a hunger strike.
Terrible.

It is about the Russians who cannot tolerate corruption and crime and go to Moscow to talk to Putin and get arrested on the way.
Horrible.

You are going to wave it all off, together with those Russians, just because it doesn't fit your imperialistic, great Russia worldview?
:agree:

Do you suggest these Russians and their little Russian children die from hunger for your erroneous and bloody land-grabbing fantasies?
Not just die, but in tears, comrade. ;)

More hell in comments! :rasta:

Russian Lad
25-08-2016, 19:15
You are filled with hatred and cruelty to your own countrymen.:party: But kindly clarify one thing, comrade - you, just like the Samara governor, believe that every Russian who wants his salary he has already worked for is a maidown and/or an American spy and doesn't deserve to be paid? Even in gulags some food was distributed by NKVD to prisoners. You believe working without getting paid is right and correct? Isn't such a point of view, well, plain crazy? I think it is...:)

Uncle Wally
25-08-2016, 19:48
You are filled with hatred and cruelty to your own countrymen.:party: But kindly clarify one thing, comrade - you, just like the Samara governor, believe that every Russian who wants his salary he has already worked for is a maidown and/or an American spy and doesn't deserve to be paid? Even in gulags some food was distributed by NKVD to prisoners. You believe working without getting paid is right and correct? Isn't such a point of view, well, plain crazy? I think it is...:)

Have you been picking mushrooms? I'm afraid you're freaked out.

nicklcool
25-08-2016, 20:40
The problem is the government's too centralized. You don't even have to go to the regions- just hop on an electrichka from Moscow and get off after a few stops- the lower quality of life and poorer upkeep is immediately visible. Not sure if the Moscow feds don't dish out enough to the regions or the regional governments skim too much off the top but either way the funds ain't getting there.

Now in America such disconnects can be solved through petitioning our government, revolution isn't necessary, but then again that right is written into our constitution, AND we have a right to bear arms in case the latter becomes unavoidable. ;)

Uncle Wally
29-08-2016, 10:18
The problem is the government's too centralized. You don't even have to go to the regions- just hop on an electrichka from Moscow and get off after a few stops- the lower quality of life and poorer upkeep is immediately visible. Not sure if the Moscow feds don't dish out enough to the regions or the regional governments skim too much off the top but either way the funds ain't getting there.

Now in America such disconnects can be solved through petitioning our government, revolution isn't necessary, but then again that right is written into our constitution, AND we have a right to bear arms in case the latter becomes unavoidable. ;)

Explain Detroit? Maybe Philly or DC.

fenrir
29-08-2016, 12:08

And how do they affect the economic situation in Russia?

FatAndy
29-08-2016, 12:22
And how do they affect the economic situation in Russia?
They are the part of The Citadel of Democracy. The Citadel of Democracy affects the whole world, don't you know?

Judge
30-08-2016, 14:39
Some countries go deeper into debt,others just float ,try and break even, then there are a few who keep on adding,

Russian reserves highest in 20 months,

https://www.rt.com/business/357279-russia-reserves/

Uncle Wally
30-08-2016, 16:06
Some countries go deeper into debt,others just float ,try and break even, then there are a few who keep on adding,

I raise my kvas in salute! Well done!

nicklcool
30-08-2016, 19:35

To be fair judge isn't this tricky math, like the kind our (USA) Democrats use? Set the bar at a convenient point so that everything looks rosy ;) i.e. the reserves are high compared to 20 months ago, but isn't that amount historically low? How do the reserves look compared to their high, pre-recession levels? In some people's opinions, the orchestra is playing but the Titanic's still sinking ;)

nicklcool
30-08-2016, 19:39

Uncle Wally you're being facetious; you know as well as I do that some people in life just don't have drive; they're content to swim around in their swamps and not change anything. If I'm not mistaken this is part of the argument of RL and his camp: Russians too know what's going on but lack the [ ] to try to change or improve it.

Judge
30-08-2016, 19:46
To be fair judge isn't this tricky math, like the kind our (USA) Democrats use? Set the bar at a convenient point so that everything looks rosy ;) i.e. the reserves are high compared to 20 months ago, but isn't that amount historically low? How do the reserves look compared to their high, pre-recession levels? In some people's opinions, the orchestra is playing but the Titanic's still sinking ;)

That's the date when there was an attack on the ruble and the CBR was burning through its reserves trying to support the ruble, which they don't do anymore, so called experts saying, predicting there will be nothing left in two years, what we see is the opposite, even at low oil prices Russia is adding, and the goal is to have the amount back up to over 500bn.

Kinda off topic but to give an example, the Saudis are burning through their wealth fund cos of low oil prices, so called experts are even predicting how long they have left before the coffers run dry.

Uncle Wally
30-08-2016, 20:49
Uncle Wally you're being facetious; you know as well as I do that some people in life just don't have drive; they're content to swim around in their swamps and not change anything. If I'm not mistaken this is part of the argument of RL and his camp: Russians too know what's going on but lack the [ ] to try to change or improve it.

You mean to tell everyone one in Detroit had no drive? It had nothing to do with the government?

And what is wrong about living in a small town and maybe have a farm and live a quite life? There's something wrong with that?

There is a big difference in wanting to succeed and doing anything to achieve it. This is what we have now, a perverse society that doesn't care how you get it as long as you got it. You didn't watch the video I posted did you? You know "The Corporation", you really should because your way of thinking is going to lead to the exstinction of the human race. It's trying to beat mother nature. You can never do it, we humans think we're so great we can destroy the earth. No, we can only destroy ourselves.

Armoured
31-08-2016, 15:35
That's the date when there was an attack on the ruble and the CBR was burning through its reserves trying to support the ruble, which they don't do anymore, so called experts saying, predicting there will be nothing left in two years, what we see is the opposite, even at low oil prices Russia is adding, and the goal is to have the amount back up to over 500bn.

Kinda off topic but to give an example, the Saudis are burning through their wealth fund cos of low oil prices, so called experts are even predicting how long they have left before the coffers run dry.

You're confusing the different reserves and funds Russia has. CBR reserves are nice, but the predictions about running out applies to the Reserve Fund, which is to cover budget deficits. So far, declining fairly quickly - $20 billion or so this year - and on track to run out in the projected timeframe, 2017 or so.

http://minfin.ru/ru/perfomance/reservefund/statistics/volume/index.php

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-budget-funds-exclusive-idUSKCN0ZL114

The wealth fund is still there but not meant to be spent on budget.

Now, whether Russia's central bank reserves can be used to fund government expenditures is a more complicated question - basically whether this would mean inflation and undermine the ruble further.

Judge
31-08-2016, 18:29
You're confusing the different reserves and funds Russia has. CBR reserves are nice, but the predictions about running out applies to the Reserve Fund, which is to cover budget deficits. So far, declining fairly quickly - $20 billion or so this year - and on track to run out in the projected timeframe, 2017 or so.

Now, whether Russia's central bank reserves can be used to fund government expenditures is a more complicated question - basically whether this would mean inflation and undermine the ruble further.

There's no real confusion if we are talking only about the reserves that were used to support the ruble, they were going though billions at one stage, about 80bn in 2014, many predicting they will burn through the whole lot, but cos of measures taken, they didn't, this you know about.
The funds you mention ,Yes, I agree, they are struggling, all this money saved up from oil and gas is for this reason, to weather the storm,like back in 2008.

Uncle Wally
31-08-2016, 20:44

Wow are you confused! About what is real money and what is fake paper back by illusion. You still haven't explained to us why governments have to pay a percentage to a private bank just to get funding? It ****ing puzzles me why someone with the power to print money would give that power away to a private bank??? Why do we have to pay a tax on how much we make then pay a sales tax? They are taxing us to death while banks are too big to fail. But you and I can go to hell. We need to license this and Register that, your house got wrecked by a flood? You need a permit for that! They will tax your gas and then the miles you drive and then make you pay every year just to inspect your car. When are you going understand they are going too far?

nicklcool
31-08-2016, 21:29
Wow are you confused! About what is real money and what is fake paper back by illusion. You still haven't explained to us why governments have to pay a percentage to a private bank just to get funding? It ****ing puzzles me why someone with the power to print money would give that power away to a private bank??? Why do we have to pay a tax on how much we make then pay a sales tax? They are taxing us to death while banks are too big to fail. But you and I can go to hell. We need to license this and Register that, your house got wrecked by a flood? You need a permit for that! They will tax your gas and then the miles you drive and then make you pay every year just to inspect your car. When are you going understand they are going too far?

I'm not sure who your "they" is but unfortunately tax hell may be coming to Russia. Isn't it true that it's being discussed to end the flat rate income tax and institute a progressive one? Could someone please explain to the bureaucrats that 13% of 500,000 rubles is more than 13% of 50% rubles and therefore a flat tax is perfectly fair enough!? Maybe the French actor will have to repatriate LOL

Uncle Wally
31-08-2016, 21:41
I'm not sure who your "they" is but unfortunately tax hell may be coming to Russia. Isn't it true that it's being discussed to end the flat rate income tax and institute a progressive one? Could someone please explain to the bureaucrats that 13% of 500,000 rubles is more than 13% of 50% rubles and therefore a flat tax is perfectly fair enough!? Maybe the French actor will have to repatriate LOL

And this coming from a guy who lives in the over most taxed nation on this earth. Maybe America will stop printing their debit money and killing anyone who doesn't believe that you can just make money out of thin air. Gee don't we all dream of picking money off trees

Armoured
01-09-2016, 12:35
There's no real confusion if we are talking only about the reserves that were used to support the ruble, they were going though billions at one stage, about 80bn in 2014, many predicting they will burn through the whole lot, but cos of measures taken, they didn't, this you know about.

Of course, if you don't use the reserves to support the ruble, you don't really need them, do you? It's one of those oddities of forex reserves. And that's why the predictions about Russia running out of forex reserves didn't make a lot of sense - when it became clear it wasn't sustainable, they stopped. (I recall more of the experts you mock saying 'they can't support the ruble forever' - which was accurate - but my memory may be faulty.)

The funds you mention ,Yes, I agree, they are struggling, all this money saved up from oil and gas is for this reason, to weather the storm,like back in 2008.

Sounds like we're not in disagreement overall. Russia has big foreign currency reserves, but using up the buffer reserve fairly quickly. Personally I doubt they will keep running it down at the same rate in 2017, so won't technically run out - so in that sense the predictions may be wrong - but unclear what they'll do instead. (Assuming something else doesn't happen to upset the applecart, like oil increasing massively in price or falling dramatically)

Armoured
01-09-2016, 12:37
We need to license this and Register that, your house got wrecked by a flood? You need a permit for that! They will tax your gas and then the miles you drive and then make you pay every year just to inspect your car. When are you going understand they are going too far?

Which 'they' are you referring to? Russian Central Bank? Russian government?

Uncle Wally
01-09-2016, 17:53
Which 'they' are you referring to? Russian Central Bank? Russian government?

The USofA

Judge
01-09-2016, 21:08

If anything regarding a tax increase , it won't be before the 2018 election, same goes for the pension age.

Uncle Wally
01-09-2016, 21:15

And maybe Apple will have move back to America? That way Apple can get out of paying 14 billion dollars in un paid tax! Do you understand how much 14 billion dollars is? Yes I know it's travel fees and lunch money for Hillary Rotten Clinton but for the rest of that's a lot of vodka!

Why? How? Can Apple hide in Ireland? Those drunken Irish have been ****ing up Boston and the whole of England for as long as boats were invented! Have you ever been to the South end? The Irish gave us U2, that's enough reason to hate them! Ok they make some good whiskey but they wear skirts and call them kilts! They don't even wear underwear just swinging free and dangling around there. No wait that could be a good thing. But the rest is very bad, except for the whiskey, ok U2 had some good songs but it's no reason for Bono to act the way he does and no reason why Apple should not pay taxes in America! I mean how greedy can you get?

Uncle Wally
01-09-2016, 21:27
The best thing to come out of Ireland.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta3YkTdIQqE

fenrir
01-09-2016, 22:20
And maybe Apple will have move back to America? That way Apple can get out of paying 14 billion dollars in un paid tax! Do you understand how much 14 billion dollars is? Yes I know it's travel fees and lunch money for Hillary Rotten Clinton but for the rest of that's a lot of vodka!

Why? How? Can Apple hide in Ireland? Those drunken Irish have been ****ing up Boston and the whole of England for as long as boats were invented! Have you ever been to the South end? The Irish gave us U2, that's enough reason to hate them! Ok they make some good whiskey but they wear skirts and call them kilts! They don't even wear underwear just swinging free and dangling around there. No wait that could be a good thing. But the rest is very bad, except for the whiskey, ok U2 had some good songs but it's no reason for Bono to act the way he does and no reason why Apple should not pay taxes in America! I mean how greedy can you get?

Kilts are Scottish, not Irish you bigot.

TolkoRaz
01-09-2016, 22:24
Kilts are Scottish, not Irish you bigot.

Are kilts not Celtic (Gaelic) attire worn in Ireland, Scotland, Wales, parts of Cornwall, Brittany and Galicia?

TolkoRaz
01-09-2016, 22:25
The best thing to come out of Ireland.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta3YkTdIQqE

Why are they called 'Thin Lizzy' when they appear to be an all male group?

Judge
01-09-2016, 22:30
Armoured said,

Of course, if you don't use the reserves to support the ruble, you don't really need them,d o you?

Then the money can be used for something else,like plugging the holes in the other funds, to use for the budget or pension fund.

It's one of those oddities of forex reserves
It's a nice oddity to have, to use money saved up for rainy days instead of borrowing, for now Russia does have problems with borrowing cos of sanctions, so it's a good thing they have money tucked away for hard times, don't you think?

And that's why the predictions about Russia running out of forex reserves didn't make a lot of sense - when it became clear it wasn't sustainable, they stopped.

That was just scaremongering from MSM, which didn't work, many fell for it ,like our very own RL and Fenrir, the ones running the show here didn't panic and neither did the people on the streets.

when it became clear it wasn't sustainable, they stopped
The plan for a free floating currency was in the works for awhile now, what happened made them act earlier, no big deal.

I recall more of the experts you mock saying 'they can't support the ruble forever
The doom and gloom band called it wrong and rightly so should be mocked,just like the lot who predicted the Russian economy is going to collapse.

Sounds like we're not in disagreement overall. Russia has big foreign currency reserves, but using up the buffer reserve fairly quickly. Personally I doubt they will keep running it down at the same rate in 2017, so won't technically run out - so in that sense the predictions may be wrong - but unclear what they'll do instead. (Assuming something else doesn't happen to upset the applecart, like oil increasing massively in price or falling dramatically)

A lot can happen before Russia runs out of money, there is turning on the printing machine to selling assets to borrowing at high rates from eastern countries, this will take years, by this time sanctions will probably be eased and easy access to western banks which are desperate to do business with Russia again.

Uncle Wally
02-09-2016, 00:59
Are kilts not Celtic (Gaelic) attire worn in Ireland, Scotland, Wales, parts of Cornwall, Brittany and Galicia?

You're like a woman, always right

Not only do they wear kilts but they play a mean drum! If you or anyone else wants to see and hear great drummers go to Red Square and watch the military bands that are playing there. The skill and technic that these guys have to play on only one drum! It just amazes me!

From a very young age my dad would bring me to parades. I only found out later that he was coaching them and was an expert on parade bands. I loved what they did and have been accused sometimes of being too military in my drumming.

On a side note, Hillbilly music or Bluegrass came to America from Irish and Scottish immigrants that settled in the hills of Kentucky and Tennessee. If you want to hear some of the best look up Earl Sruggs and Lester Flats. Finger picking great! You can hear the Irish influence.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ8_rKhEMQY

Russian Lad
02-09-2016, 01:45
by this time sanctions will probably be eased

The sanctions have been toughened today, hope you have noticed.

Judge, one day is going to come (I think very soon) when you will realize you have written so many absolutely wrong letters in the Russian economic situation thread. I can see you at this moment - a glass of strong liquor in your shaking hand, your face livid, utter bewilderment and disbelief in your wide-opened eyes, you are panic-stricken and are staring at a wall in front of you and then back at the flickering television screen where a talking head tells you something Russian Lad told you here 2-3 years ago.:)
Either the coffers will be empty in one year or they will be forced to devalue the ruble again, with the clear consequences. It is a situation without a solution. A perfect zugzwang - each next move only makes the situation worse but you are forced to make the next move anyway.
One of the coming problems is elections, by the way - the Crimea is a part of Russia according to Russia but it is not recognized by the West. So, the next presidential elections here in Russia may not be recognized by them by default, for obvious reasons. The Kremlin is scared of that, so they even included the Crimea into the neighboring region. But it is not helping much. Are you getting the bigger picture yet? One word - legitimacy. It is a lethal word in many contexts. Pandorrah's box is a b'tch, no one has ever closed it. It was opened in 2014. One-way ticket.

Uncle Wally
02-09-2016, 02:52
The sanctions have been toughened today, hope you have noticed.

Judge, one day is going to come (I think very soon) when you will realize you have written so many absolutely wrong letters in the Russian economic situation thread. I can see you at this moment - a glass of strong liquor in your shaking hand, your face livid, utter bewilderment and disbelief in your wide-opened eyes, you are panic-stricken and are staring at a wall in front of you and then back at the flickering television screen where a talking head tells you something Russian Lad told you here 2-3 years ago.:)
Either the coffers will be empty in one year or they will be forced to devalue the ruble again, with the clear consequences. It is a situation without a solution. A perfect zugzwang - each next move only makes the situation worse but you are forced to make the next move anyway.
One of the coming problems is elections, by the way - the Crimea is a part of Russia according to Russia but it is not recognized by the West. So, the next presidential elections here in Russia may not be recognized by them by default, for obvious reasons. The Kremlin is scared of that, so they even included the Crimea into the neighboring region. But it is not helping much. Are you getting the bigger picture yet? One word - legitimacy. It is a lethal word in many contexts. Pandorrah's box is a b'tch, no one has ever closed it. It was opened in 2014. One-way ticket.

Oh man are you paranoid! For one Judge only drinks beer and for two you have been telling us about the doom of Russia for three years now and we are still waiting. I think you should stop drinking. You call yourself a translator? And you write that Judge is writing wrong "letters"? What do you mean? Judge can't spell after a few beers or you can't as a translator understand the difference between letters and words? Letters are ABCD. Words have things call vowels. "I E, A, O, U and sometimes Y.

You have written so much bull and have been wrong about just everything. We're still waiting for your doom and gloom as Russia just gets stronger.strangers

Russian Lad
02-09-2016, 03:13
What do you mean? Judge can't spell after a few beers or you can't as a translator understand the difference between letters and words? Letters are ABCD

I was trying to make a joke, Wally. So, yes, he writes wrong letters. Heard about emphasis and/or hyperbola?:)

For one Judge only drinks beer

He will drink strong liquor on that day X, I assure you.

and we are still waiting

The ruble crashed, millions of Russians have joined the paupers, just as I predicted. It is not 100 rubles per dollar as I predicted just because they jacked up the CB interest rate, which is harming the Russian economy big time, the negative effects from this will come a bit later. But it is still 100%+ in comparison with 2014 rates and the day is not over yet... You predicted that euro and dollar would be no more, they are doing just fine. So, who has been wrong so far?

Uncle Wally
02-09-2016, 09:03
I was trying to make a joke, Wally. So, yes, he writes wrong letters. Heard about emphasis and/or hyperbola?:)

He will drink strong liquor on that day X, I assure you.

The ruble crashed, millions of Russians have joined the paupers, just as I predicted. It is not 100 rubles per dollar as I predicted just because they jacked up the CB interest rate, which is harming the Russian economy big time, the negative effects from this will come a bit later. But it is still 100%+ in comparison with 2014 rates and the day is not over yet... You predicted that euro and dollar would be no more, they are doing just fine. So, who has been wrong so far?

The Russian economy is doing good considering the attacks from America.

The dollar will be no more someday, it's the nature of the beast. It's one way the banks suck life from the common man.

http://m.sputniknews.com/politics/20160902/1044875999/russia-sanctions-impact-sberbank.html

FatAndy
02-09-2016, 09:36

Russian Lad
02-09-2016, 14:58
The dollar will be no more someday, it's the nature of the beast.

Something tells me dollar will be around long after we both begin to serve as fertilizer for some nice flowers. I am not so sure about the current vicious status quo in Russia. It is much less sustainable. Do you have a quota for RT and Sputnik links? Like, you are supposed to post a certain amount of Sputnik and RT links on the forum per month or you don't get paid by your Russian supervisors? Am just curious. Are they feeding you well? I am asking because they are running out of cash, one day they will tell you to just leave (and I am describing the best case scenario here). What are you gonna do then? How does it feel, anyway? I am sure your Russian supervisors are much younger than you are. Do you envy them? Tell us a bit about how you interact with your Russian masters. What is the pay per post? The same as in Olgino, 15 rubles, or you have a special deal? You don't sound very enthusiastic recently, guess in your heart of hearts you already know you are fighting a losing battle. Are the people still laughing in restaurants?

Uncle Wally
02-09-2016, 17:18
Something tells me dollar will be around long after we both begin to serve as fertilizer for some nice flowers. I am not so sure about the current vicious status quo in Russia. It is much less sustainable. Do you have a quota for RT and Sputnik links? Like, you are supposed to post a certain amount of Sputnik and RT links on the forum per month or you don't get paid by your Russian supervisors? Am just curious. Are they feeding you well? I am asking because they are running out of cash, one day they will tell you to just leave (and I am describing the best case scenario here). What are you gonna do then? How does it feel, anyway? I am sure your Russian supervisors are much younger than you are. Do you envy them? Tell us a bit about how you interact with your Russian masters. What is the pay per post? The same as in Olgino, 15 rubles, or you have a special deal? You don't sound very enthusiastic recently, guess in your heart of hearts you already know you are fighting a losing battle. Are the people still laughing in restaurants?

What kind of bull is this? Your cheap shots are lame. I don't have any masters and try to prove I do. Until then you're just full of lies. Yes restaurants are still full here and in St. Pete or they were a few weeks ago when I was there.

Here read up on the dollar

http://www.globalresearch.ca/forget-russia-dumping-u-s-treasuries-heres-the-real-economic-threat/5374756

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2015/04/07/what-the-worlds-biggest-banks-have-in-store-for-the-u-s-dollar/#12601ab1477a

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/personal-finance/how-weak-dollar-impacts-pocketbook-1.aspx

Russian Lad
02-09-2016, 17:59
I don't have any masters and try to prove I do. Until then you're just full of lies.

You have been averaging 10 posts per day here, including weekends, for some years. You provide links to cheap propaganda no one really reads or watches, RT and Sputnik. A valid proof for me personally. Besides, you always toe the party line, without a single exception.
Sputnik is a failed project of the towers - it was launched like two years ago and its audience is only dozens of thousands of people in the whole world. 4 (four) thousand visits per day, compare it with 74 million visits to Yandex every day (ref.: http://planetasmi.ru/novye-media/45766-kakoe-budushchee-zhdet-poiskovik-sputnik) 18500 times difference! They wasted two billion rubles on this failed project, and I am not surprised, seeing whom they have for promoters. What a joke. Soon my modest dating site will be having more visits per day than your failed Sputnik.:)
Its attendance is actually going down, by the way, I have just checked it.
http://www.checkdomain.com/cgi-bin/checkdomain.pl?domain=sputnikdating.com - this domain is still available, maybe I should grab it just for fun and launch something there in the future. My own very special sputnik.:)

Uncle Wally
02-09-2016, 21:33
You have been averaging 10 posts per day here, including weekends, for some years. You provide links to cheap propaganda no one really reads or watches, RT and Sputnik. A valid proof for me personally. Besides, you always toe the party line, without a single exception.
Sputnik is a failed project of the towers - it was launched like two years ago and its audience is only dozens of thousands of people in the whole world. 4 (four) thousand visits per day, compare it with 74 million visits to Yandex every day (ref.: http://planetasmi.ru/novye-media/45766-kakoe-budushchee-zhdet-poiskovik-sputnik) 18500 times difference! They wasted two billion rubles on this failed project, and I am not surprised, seeing whom they have for promoters. What a joke. Soon my modest dating site will be having more visits per day than your failed Sputnik.:)
Its attendance is actually going down, by the way, I have just checked it.
http://www.checkdomain.com/cgi-bin/checkdomain.pl?domain=sputnikdating.com - this domain is still available, maybe I should grab it just for fun and launch something there in the future. My own very special sputnik.:)

RT is an award winning news channel and is gaining more and more viewers around the world.

Armoured
03-09-2016, 17:18
The USofA

As so frequently, you miss the point. Almost all of the accusations you make about monetary/banking policy apply equally to Russia as to the USA.

Then the money can be used for something else,like plugging the holes in the other funds, to use for the budget or pension fund.

No, actually. That's the point. Central bank reserves can't easily be used for other things.

It's a nice oddity to have, to use money saved up for rainy days instead of borrowing, for now Russia does have problems with borrowing cos of sanctions, so it's a good thing they have money tucked away for hard times, don't you think?

Yep. It is a good thing they stocked the money away. Of course, if they hadn't enacted such stupid policies, probably wouldn't need the savings. It's kind of like saying "good thing I saved some money for the doctor in case I shot myself in the foot." Saving money was a good idea; shooting yourself in the foot - not so much.

That was just scaremongering from MSM, which didn't work, many fell for it ,like our very own RL and Fenrir, the ones running the show here didn't panic and neither did the people on the streets.

I don't get your point. Ruble fell by half. Those who didn't believe the authorities generally did better. The fact that it didn't go to 100 (as RL was clearly wrong on) is hardly a sign of success.

The plan for a free floating currency was in the works for awhile now, what happened made them act earlier, no big deal.

Sure. Except for the people whose livelihoods and the like were harmed because of it. But for the autborities, no big deal.

The doom and gloom band called it wrong and rightly so should be mocked,just like the lot who predicted the Russian economy is going to collapse.

Yes, those who predicted complete collapse were wrong. But those who keep saying 'everything's fine [just that everyone is much poorer]' don't have much credibility either.

The ruble crashed, millions of Russians have joined the paupers, just as I predicted. ... You predicted that euro and dollar would be no more, they are doing just fine. So, who has been wrong so far?

I think I'm in-between on this. Yep, RL was wrong in his rate predictions. But Russians are more poor, and most predictions that the ruble will bounce back have been just plain wrong. Bounced back from the very lowest point, yes, but that's a very low bar.

On the other hand, the idea that the dollar and Euro are doomed ... still waiting.

The Russian economy is doing good considering the attacks from America.

Wait - weren't you arguing that the Russian economy was impervious to attacks from America? Or that the American economy was doomed? Which is it?

I mean, if the American economy is so bad, surely 'attacks from America' can't have much impact? Which is it?

Doing okay 'despite the circumstances' - it's like the Black Knight shouting 'it's just a scratch.'

The dollar will be no more someday, it's the nature of the beast. It's one way the banks suck life from the common man.

It's true, banks do very well off of idiots. Which bank are you with? I'd like to buy some stock.

Russian Lad
03-09-2016, 18:23
The fact that it didn't go to 100 (as RL was clearly wrong on)

Just because they jacked up the interest rate, I didn't take such a ridiculous move into account.:) They wrapped a rag around their foot they shot. It looks better this way, you don't see any blood, but let's wait for some time and see what happens to the leg and, in all likelihood, to the whole body, shall we?:tongue: Besides, it didn't get all the way to 100, but at a certain point it was well over 80, sort of close.

Uncle Wally
03-09-2016, 20:30
As so frequently, you miss the point. Almost all of the accusations you make about monetary/banking policy apply equally to Russia as to the USA.

No, actually. That's the point. Central bank reserves can't easily be used for other things.

Yep. It is a good thing they stocked the money away. Of course, if they hadn't enacted such stupid policies, probably wouldn't need the savings. It's kind of like saying "good thing I saved some money for the doctor in case I shot myself in the foot." Saving money was a good idea; shooting yourself in the foot - not so much.

I don't get your point. Ruble fell by half. Those who didn't believe the authorities generally did better. The fact that it didn't go to 100 (as RL was clearly wrong on) is hardly a sign of success.

Sure. Except for the people whose livelihoods and the like were harmed because of it. But for the autborities, no big deal.

Yes, those who predicted complete collapse were wrong. But those who keep saying 'everything's fine [just that everyone is much poorer]' don't have much credibility either.

I think I'm in-between on this. Yep, RL was wrong in his rate predictions. But Russians are more poor, and most predictions that the ruble will bounce back have been just plain wrong. Bounced back from the very lowest point, yes, but that's a very low bar.

On the other hand, the idea that the dollar and Euro are doomed ... still waiting.

Wait - weren't you arguing that the Russian economy was impervious to attacks from America? Or that the American economy was doomed? Which is it?

I mean, if the American economy is so bad, surely 'attacks from America' can't have much impact? Which is it?

Doing okay 'despite the circumstances' - it's like the Black Knight shouting 'it's just a scratch.'

It's true, banks do very well off of idiots. Which bank are you with? I'd like to buy some stock.

Shot themselves in the foot? You don't even understand what is going on. Ok, you live your life like a yes man hoping to pick up some crumbs from those that own you. Don't want to really admit to what is really going on and prefer to believe in lies CNN and FOX feed you. Where did this all start? It started from the US trying to take over Ukraine. I know you think that's a good thing but an end doesn't justify the means. Let's see, the US spends 3 billion dollars pasting out cookies, then shoots people on both sides of the protest they created. Then after the democratically elected president agreed to hold new elections the US sends neo nazi to his home so those elections can not take place. That was deemed legal by American standards but Krim's vote was not, still puzzles me. Then after this new, we can't say elected because hear phone calls between US government people we know they were "picked" try to outlaw the Russian language, fools that they are, part of Ukraine get frighten. You must know that some of Ukraine remember the nazi. This lead to parts of Ukraine holding their own protest which were condemned by the US installed government. This made the US so made that they sent their vice president with a suitcase full of money to Ukraine so they would sent the army in to put a stop to it and what happened? Ukraine sent a bunch of staving soldiers that were stopped by babushki. Not to worry the babushki fed them and sent them on their way without their weapons. This pissed off the US so when people in Odessa tried the same thing they sent the nazi in to murder them. That worked so well that they just decided forget about the Ukrainian army and just hire nazi to fight in the east. Oh but that would take so long to attack Russia so they shot down a plane full of Dutch just to make sure that Europe was aware of how determined the global elites were on taking over the world. It's gotten so bad that now even Turkey can illegally invade other countries and nothing is said. What happens when Russia and China stop following international law? I understand your incompetence coming from a place like Canada. We understand that if the US never started their illegal wars in Afghanistan and Iraq your oil wealth would only leave you with a good hockey team. As I understand it the housing market's starting to crumble in Canada. I guess you're stuck in Russia then. Because who really knows what will happen after the US elections. You know that the banks are just trying to keep things looking good enough until they can get the warmongering Hillary in office and start another war that will put people back to work making bullets and bombs to reduce world population. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because it was Putin who stopped young Americans from dying in Syria just because of Obama's "redline" and false flag Chemical attack on women and children. It's now come down to the point that NATO members won't even listen to America anymore and just take illegal actions on their own accord. You are witnessing the demise of American power and don't even know it.

Uncle Wally
03-09-2016, 20:50
Just because they jacked up the interest rate, I didn't take such a ridiculous move into account.:) They wrapped a rag around their foot they shot. It looks better this way, you don't see any blood, but let's wait for some time and see what happens to the leg and, in all likelihood, to the whole body, shall we?:tongue: Besides, it didn't get all the way to 100, but at a certain point it was well over 80, sort of close.

Please watch this, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VcA76lcXtwU

These are the people who want to become the dictator you fear. The same people who paid for the Russian revolution because they feared Russian power. They who hate capitalism, sovereignty and the right to free will.

Russian Lad
03-09-2016, 21:22
Please watch this, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VcA76lcXtwU

These are the people who want to become the dictator you fear. The same people who paid for the Russian revolution because they feared Russian power. They who hate capitalism, sovereignty and the right to free will.

Yes, Wally, over the ocean in the US they are ruthless thugs, greedy bankers and cut-throat capitalists. Here in Russia they are God-fearing, humane, law-abiding people who just love the Russians and do everything to help them. Right? Why are the Russians, en masse, so poor then and those who rule them are ostensibly rich? They are planning to double the salary of the Duma deputies, for instance, which is sky-high even now. While refusing to index the measly pensions for common Russians... Why is the mortgage % 4-8 times lower in the West than here? There are many questions you will not be able to answer. Something is terribly wrong in this picture of yours. 2017 is coming, 100 years since this event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmprxpuRzcg

Uncle Wally
03-09-2016, 21:55
Yes, Wally, over the ocean in the US they are ruthless thugs, greedy bankers and cut-throat capitalists. Here in Russia they are God-fearing, humane, law-abiding people who just love the Russians and do everything to help them. Right? Why are the Russians, en masse, so poor then and those who rule them are ostensibly rich? They are planning to double the salary of the Duma deputies, for instance, which is sky-high even now. While refusing to index the measly pensions for common Russians... Why is the mortgage % 4-8 times lower in the West than here? There are many questions you will not be able to answer. Something is terribly wrong in this picture of yours. 2017 is coming, 100 years since this event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmprxpuRzcg

One reason why the mortgage is so high is to make it so that Russian homes don't become another way to riches. They want only people who can afford a house and not just to sell bad investment to a third party. You will never understand it. But it was banks that made housing cost raise so much and not the need for housing.

Armoured
03-09-2016, 22:41
One reason why the mortgage is so high is to make it so that Russian homes don't become another way to riches. They want only people who can afford a house and not just to sell bad investment to a third party. You will never understand it. But it was banks that made housing cost raise so much and not the need for housing.

That's hysterical. Truly Orwellian gibberish.

Russian Lad
03-09-2016, 22:49
One reason why the mortgage is so high is to make it so that Russian homes don't become another way to riches. They want only people who can afford a house and not just to sell bad investment to a third party.

And stupid too. Those Russians who have money can buy 100 apartments like tomorrow and rent them out for profit - without paying any mortgages. Those who suffer are common Russians you care about that much (allegedly, I think you just hate us all and just sponge off us:)). Wally, you have lost the plot completely. Your Russian supervisors will be very upset by such a poor performance. You are not earning your keep.

Uncle Wally
04-09-2016, 05:57
That's hysterical. Truly Orwellian gibberish.

Orwellian? What Orwellian is is cameras on every street corner, the NSA having access to every email, phone call or any other internet interactions and applying algorithms to murder anyone by drone they want. Or the DNC cheating in elections and all major news outlets only talking about how the Russians hacked them and not the fact that they cheated to help an unpopular criminal win the nomination. Oh yes we should have so much hope for the future.

Gibberish is you trying to defend that. Foolishness is you not understanding what is going on even after you have been told time and time again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OyBNmecVtdU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YafZkjiMpjU

Uncle Wally
04-09-2016, 06:06
And stupid too. Those Russians who have money can buy 100 apartments like tomorrow and rent them out for profit - without paying any mortgages. Those who suffer are common Russians you care about that much (allegedly, I think you just hate us all and just sponge off us:)). Wally, you have lost the plot completely. Your Russian supervisors will be very upset by such a poor performance. You are not earning your keep.

I don't have supervisors. I also know plenty of Russians who have mortgages. They have jobs like doctors, dentist, lawyers.

You can maybe even get one if your parasite business takes off.

Uncle Wally
04-09-2016, 08:18
Oh everything is just fine and dandy.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/feds-janet-yellen-mulls-negative-interest-rates-183711629.html

nicklcool
04-09-2016, 09:25
Wally can uou remond me again why the Russian elite are beneficent but the American elite are evil greedy bankers? I don't recall ever getting a coherent answer to that one, and you just nrought up your dentist and banker friends.

Oh and as long as we're piling on during thus beautiful crisp Sunday morning, Moscow has cameras all over its underground walkways, metros, buses, stores, etc. So who cares about your "NSA cameras" in the USA.

FatAndy
04-09-2016, 10:30

Uncle Wally
04-09-2016, 11:16
Wally can uou remond me again why the Russian elite are beneficent but the American elite are evil greedy bankers? I don't recall ever getting a coherent answer to that one, and you just nrought up your dentist and banker friends.

Oh and as long as we're piling on during thus beautiful crisp Sunday morning, Moscow has cameras all over its underground walkways, metros, buses, stores, etc. So who cares about your "NSA cameras" in the USA.

We are having a little problem with spelling this morning I see.

Russian billionaires don't go all over the world spending billions on destabilizing other countries and starting "civil wars". They didn't finance the nazi in world war 2 and they are not financing the nazi in Ukraine now unlike their western counter parts. Russian billionaire don't hold a secret meeting every year with people from the CIA and military to make plans for world domination either. See the difference?

fenrir
04-09-2016, 12:15

Russian billionaires don't go all over the world spending billions on destabilizing other countries and starting "civil wars". They didn't finance the nazi in world war 2 and they are not financing the nazi in Ukraine now unlike their western counter parts. Russian billionaire don't hold a secret meeting every year with people from the CIA and military to make plans for world domination either. See the difference?

WW II is a VERY bad example. The USSR (the Russian Empire renamed) pretty much allied itself to Hitler for nearly 2 years and not only enabled the war to start when it did, but attacked and annexed countries that were no threat to it.

And Ukraine today is another bad example for all the reasons we have discussed over and over again. Time to go back to braindeadconspiracynutjobs.com for more ideas.

FatAndy
04-09-2016, 13:34
WW II is a VERY bad example. The USSR (the Russian Empire renamed) pretty much allied itself to Hitler for nearly 2 years and not only enabled the war to start when it did, but attacked and annexed countries that were no threat to it.
Ah, squealing and whining of neoNazist limitrophic liberoids in their delirium fairy tales? :D
Be careful, comrade, it is contagious and may damage one's brain, even irreversibly... :)

And Ukraine today is another bad example for all the reasons we have discussed over and over again.
Yes, bad example of Nazism and clinical idiocy. But not Ukraine, 404 territory on the place of former Ukrainian SSR. The classic example of the disease mentioned above, seems non-curable.

Judge
04-09-2016, 14:34

Says who? Who heads the central bank,shes kown as Putin's right and woman.
You have been here long enough to know how it works here.

Which polices?
When the world econemy took a hit in 2008 ,Russia was one of the least affected,many other countries,went into more debt,years and years of austerirty, even to this day.Russia, thanks to the money saved up, cushioned the blow.

To get the point, go back and read your own post, the one I qouted, some people went to the exchange booths and others went out and bought a new washing machine,it wasn't like what was predicted,run on banks,panic in the streets,the collapse of the economy, that was all BS, the foreign reserves are still intact and they are even adding to it,the point is, don't always believe the hype.

I agree, people were and still are being hit hard cos they stopped defending the ruble, that's the measures they took ,they saved the banks and other businesses with the money that was to be used to support the ruble, if they let the banks and companies collapse,then they might have had a real panic on their hands.

It's best to sit on the fence,like I do.:smile:

Judge
04-09-2016, 14:47
RT is an award winning news channel and is gaining more and more viewers around the world.

This had me googling this, thinking they won just Russian awards, but they have won a few on the international stage,interesting they haven't won anything since 2012.

from wiki

Martyn Andrews reporting from Siberia, 2007.
September 2006 – The 10th "Golden Tambourine" International Festival for Television programmes and films[223] awarded RT's documentary People of the Bering Strait in the Ethnography and Travel category
June 2007 – The 11th "Save and Preserve" International Environmental Television Festival[224] awarded its Grand Prix to RT's Meeting with Nature series.
September 2007 – Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio[225] awarded RT with the Prize for Professional Skillfulness
November 2007 – RT's report on the anniversary of the Chernobyl catastrophe received a special prize from the international 2007 AIB Media Excellence Awards[226]
April 2008 – RT's daily studio show Entertainment Today hosted by Martyn Andrews and Anya Fedorova receives a special diploma from the board of the Russian Entertainment Awards[227]
September 2008 – Russia's most prestigious broadcasting award TEFI to Kevin Owen in Best News Anchor category[228]
November 2008 – Special Jury Award in the Best Creative Feature category for a Russian Glamour feature story at Media Excellence Awards in London[3]
January 2009 – Silver World Medal from the New York Festivals, for Best News Documentary "A city of desolate mothers"[229]
August 2010 – First nomination for an International Emmy Award in News category for its coverage of president Barack Obama's trip to Russia.[230]
August 2012 – Second nomination for an International Emmy Award for its coverage of the international Occupy Wall Street movement.[231]

bydand
04-09-2016, 15:32
Russian billionaires don't go all over the world spending billions on destabilizing other countries and starting "civil wars".

They stay in RF, suck the gravy off the top of other's work, buy property, rent it to who's too poor/can't handle the mortgage rate, and spend their billions around the world on western stuff and education for their children. There might be a "civil war" here, yet amazing how much the average Russian is willing to suffer.

Mrs. bydand and I met this one, spent half a day with his (third) wife.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gye8ukFO-9s

Uncle Wally
04-09-2016, 22:56
They stay in RF, suck the gravy off the top of other's work, buy property, rent it to who's too poor/can't handle the mortgage rate, and spend their billions around the world on western stuff and education for their children. There might be a "civil war" here, yet amazing how much the average Russian is willing to suffer.

Mrs. bydand and I met this one, spent half a day with his (third) wife.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gye8ukFO-9s

No they don't stay in Russia. As soon as you make a billion dollars you buy a house in London and a villa in Spain. People who rent flats got them when their babushka died and now live in Thailand or India all winter. Or banks in before 2008 when they would buy up all unsold flats, rent them or sit on them and sell them when they needed cash. I had a friend who was very depressed because the bank he worked for didn't operate like a bank but more like a realtor. The times of making 30 or 40% a year on buying flats is long gone.

What is it with you and sucking gravy? It's like you have to sweep floors and clean toilet while running a company. I don't think you do much except for making sure the people that work for you don't suck too much gravy from you

And Ukraine today is another bad example for all the reasons we have discussed over and over again. Time to go back to braindeadconspiracynutjobs.com for more ideas. We have discussed? You mean the lies you have posted don't you?

You seem to leave out the fact that the country you now live in was part of Russia before 1941 and had been so for three hundred years. Wasn't it Peter who took it from Sweden? I guess basic history wasn't your best subject.

This had me googling this, thinking they won just Russian awards, but they have won a few on the international stage,interesting they haven't won anything since 2012.

from wiki

Martyn Andrews reporting from Siberia, 2007.
September 2006 – The 10th "Golden Tambourine" International Festival for Television programmes and films[223] awarded RT's documentary People of the Bering Strait in the Ethnography and Travel category
June 2007 – The 11th "Save and Preserve" International Environmental Television Festival[224] awarded its Grand Prix to RT's Meeting with Nature series.
September 2007 – Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio[225] awarded RT with the Prize for Professional Skillfulness
November 2007 – RT's report on the anniversary of the Chernobyl catastrophe received a special prize from the international 2007 AIB Media Excellence Awards[226]
April 2008 – RT's daily studio show Entertainment Today hosted by Martyn Andrews and Anya Fedorova receives a special diploma from the board of the Russian Entertainment Awards[227]
September 2008 – Russia's most prestigious broadcasting award TEFI to Kevin Owen in Best News Anchor category[228]
November 2008 – Special Jury Award in the Best Creative Feature category for a Russian Glamour feature story at Media Excellence Awards in London[3]
January 2009 – Silver World Medal from the New York Festivals, for Best News Documentary "A city of desolate mothers"[229]
August 2010 – First nomination for an International Emmy Award in News category for its coverage of president Barack Obama's trip to Russia.[230]
August 2012 – Second nomination for an International Emmy Award for its coverage of the international Occupy Wall Street movement.[231]

I think it hasn't been updated lately. I seem to remember that RT won some awards in 2015.

Says who? Who heads the central bank,shes kown as Putin's right and woman.
You have been here long enough to know how it works here.

Which polices?
When the world econemy took a hit in 2008 ,Russia was one of the least affected,many other countries,went into more debt,years and years of austerirty, even to this day.Russia, thanks to the money saved up, cushioned the blow.

To get the point, go back and read your own post, the one I qouted, some people went to the exchange booths and others went out and bought a new washing machine,it wasn't like what was predicted,run on banks,panic in the streets,the collapse of the economy, that was all BS, the foreign reserves are still intact and they are even adding to it,the point is, don't always believe the hype.

I agree, people were and still are being hit hard cos they stopped defending the ruble, that's the measures they took ,they saved the banks and other businesses with the money that was to be used to support the ruble, if they let the banks and companies collapse,then they might have had a real panic on their hands.

It's best to sit on the fence,like I do.:smile:

It's more the ruble being stable than anything else, everything else adjust to the new normal. It's the people who are still working and dreaming of going back home someday that worry.

fenrir
05-09-2016, 22:33
We have discussed? You mean the lies you have posted don't you?

You seem to leave out the fact that the country you now live in was part of Russia before 1941 and had been so for three hundred years. Wasn't it Peter who took it from Sweden? I guess basic history wasn't your best subject.

Ha, ha. You try to insult someone over their history knowledge and you don't even know how long Estonia was part of the Russia Empire. You can't make that kind of stupidity up!

Uncle Wally
06-09-2016, 06:28
Ha, ha. You try to insult someone over their history knowledge and you don't even know how long Estonia was part of the Russia Empire. You can't make that kind of stupidity up!

Glad I could make you laugh and feel like a real man for about 15 seconds. Now you can go back to being you.

And Ukraine today is another bad example for all the reasons we have discussed over and over again. Time to go back to braindeadconspiracynutjobs.com for more ideas.

Let's try this again. So you're saying that just because the USSR agreed not to attack Germany that's as bad as Americans financing the nazi before and even after America declared war on them? Really?

And no we didn't discuss Ukraine. I tried but all you did was lie about what was and is really going on there.

FatAndy
06-09-2016, 09:52
And no we didn't discuss Ukraine. I tried but all you did was lie about what was and is really going on there.
It's impossible. Fenrir takes the info from so called RIWM®, they never lie :D

nicklcool
06-09-2016, 11:01

Russian billionaires don't invest in their own motherland's economy; that's the problem and the difference. Even with the obscenely high corporate tax rate American elites build companies and create jobs in their homeland, and also BTW Americans donate to charity more than any other nationality (thanks in part to the tax benefits I'm sure but what's stopping other countries from creating such tax breaks?)

Whereas, as you yourself admitted, the Russian elite are buying villas and flats. And then you have the gall to attack a foreigner who actually creates jobs in this country that you love! Look at your most recent post about bydand....it sounds like you have some serious hate for capitalism and financially successful people that really should be checked out.

Uncle Wally
06-09-2016, 11:24
Russian billionaires don't invest in their own motherland's economy; that's the problem and the difference. Even with the obscenely high corporate tax rate American elites build companies and create jobs in their homeland, and also BTW Americans donate to charity more than any other nationality (thanks in part to the tax benefits I'm sure but what's stopping other countries from creating such tax breaks?)

Whereas, as you yourself admitted, the Russian elite are buying villas and flats. And then you have the gall to attack a foreigner who actually creates jobs in this country that you love! Look at your most recent post about bydand....it sounds like you have some serious hate for capitalism and financially successful people that really should be checked out.

Really like Apple maybe. No wait they moved to Ireland. Um let's think, oh I got it weapons manufacturing! Can't think of much else America is making more of. You haven't been reading the financial news lately have you. The Fed is thinking about negative rates because of low growth and low number of new jobs. Last holiday season was bad I think this one will be much worse.

You're wrong about Russians not investing in Russia. They started to pick up in 2015 buying up land for food production and factories for things like clothes and shoe making. In fact a Russian company just came out with a super boot for cold weather.

No I don't hate capitalism but I don't like it when powerful American companies are backed by military force. How can Obama say anything to the EU about Apple when they go around terrorizing other countries businesses.

Let me put it this way. It's like trying to play football when all the referees are being paid off or threaten by the other team.

fenrir
06-09-2016, 15:08
Glad I could make you laugh and feel like a real man for about 15 seconds. Now you can go back to being you.

Let's try this again. So you're saying that just because the USSR agreed not to attack Germany that's as bad as Americans financing the nazi before and even after America declared war on them? Really?

Nice try. If they had just agreed to not attack Germany, that would have been a lot better. But they actively collaborated with the Nazis for 2 years, starting with their joint attack on Poland. Then came the takeover of the Baltics and the war against Finland. Hardly the actions of an innocent country. Add to that all the supplies they sent to Germany during that time.

Btw, show where America 'financed' the Nazis before and especially after America declared war on them.

FatAndy
06-09-2016, 15:37
starting with their joint attack on Poland.
Nice try © :D
Germany attacked Poland 1st Sep 1939.

USSR started to take protection over West Belorussian and West Ukrainian territories 17th Sep 1939, when that former Polish government was running across Polish/Romanian border, loosing boots, pants and other underwear.

Then came the takeover of the Baltics
Joining Estonia, Latvia and Litva to USSR according to requests of their legally elected organs of state power, comrade. :rasta:

Now they can squeal another way, but who cares? ;)

and the war against Finland.
Yes, we had to secure Leningrad area. We proposed Finland to swap territories, they, in contrary, announced mobilization and started provocations. We decided to move the border military way. And it was right and correct.

nicklcool
06-09-2016, 20:13
Really like Apple maybe. No wait they moved to Ireland. Um let's think, oh I got it weapons manufacturing! Can't think of much else America is making more of. You haven't been reading the financial news lately have you. The Fed is thinking about negative rates because of low growth and low number of new jobs. Last holiday season was bad I think this one will be much worse.

You're wrong about Russians not investing in Russia. They started to pick up in 2015 buying up land for food production and factories for things like clothes and shoe making. In fact a Russian company just came out with a super boot for cold weather.

No I don't hate capitalism but I don't like it when powerful American companies are backed by military force. How can Obama say anything to the EU about Apple when they go around terrorizing other countries businesses.

Let me put it this way. It's like trying to play football when all the referees are being paid off or threaten by the other team.

It's all about the GDP, baby!

Where is this military intervention for powerful American corporate gain? Exxon moved in and captured oil fields after Saddam's regime was toppled? American companies enjoy unfettered access to the South Korean and South Vietnamese markets?

Apple, what? I missed something and their headquarters are in Ireland? Yes their iPhones are made in China but that's at least in part due to the preferred trading status gifted to China by Clinton in the nineties (for what!?) And this is something Donald vows to fix BTW. The Chinese need us more than we need them, remember. Who they hell would they manufacture for if American demand dried up?

And about your alleged support of capitalism- look back at your most recent post about bydand...sucking gravy from his employees!?! Those are the words of a closet Marxist, not someone who appreciates the lifts-all-boats economic equality that free market capitalism delivers.

But away from America and back to our piggish Russian elites...
If the Russian elite invest in their economy and in charity at equal/acceptable rates to the Americans, tell me, whete is the problem? Why is Russia's GDP so low? Where is the private entrepreneurial innovation?

Uncle Wally
06-09-2016, 20:43
It's all about the GDP, baby!

Where is this military intervention for powerful American corporate gain? Exxon moved in and captured oil fields after Saddam's regime was toppled? American companies enjoy unfettered access to the South Korean and South Vietnamese markets?

Apple, what? I missed something and their headquarters are in Ireland? Yes their iPhones are made in China but that's at least in part due to the preferred trading status gifted to China by Clinton in the nineties (for what!?) And this is something Donald vows to fix BTW. The Chinese need us more than we need them, remember. Who they hell would they manufacture for if American demand dried up?

And about your alleged support of capitalism- look back at your most recent post about bydand...sucking gravy from his employees!?! Those are the words of a closet Marxist, not someone who appreciates the lifts-all-boats economic equality that free market capitalism delivers.

But away from America and back to our piggish Russian elites...
If the Russian elite invest in their economy and in charity at equal/acceptable rates to the Americans, tell me, whete is the problem? Why is Russia's GDP so low? Where is the private entrepreneurial innovation?

Never said bydand sucks gravy from his employees. Provide a link.

For China there is the rest of the world. Maybe America can start by paying the one trillion dollars they own China. Yeah let's talk GDP and let's talk 19 trillion in debt. Seems to me the US can't live without borrowing money from other countries. So let's start with them paying that back then we can talk about how great America is and how they don't need anyone.

FatAndy
06-09-2016, 21:14
let's talk 19 trillion in debt.
Evil tongues say, already 19.5. But it's their f@$#ed internal business... ;)

Uncle Wally
06-09-2016, 21:37
Evil tongues say, already 19.5. But it's their f@$#ed internal business... ;)

500 billion here a trillion there what does it matter when you will never pay it back.

nicklcool
06-09-2016, 22:45
What is it with you and sucking gravy? It's like you have to sweep floors and clean toilet while running a company. I don't think you do much except for making sure the people that work for you don't suck too much gravy from you.

Never said bydand sucks gravy from his employees. Provide a link.

For China there is the rest of the world. Maybe America can start by paying the one trillion dollars they own China. Yeah let's talk GDP and let's talk 19 trillion in debt. Seems to me the US can't live without borrowing money from other countries. So let's start with them paying that back then we can talk about how great America is and how they don't need anyone.

The quote speaks for itself. The point anyway is that bydand earns his gravy honestly while the elites...

China can't just call the loans, it must wait for the treasury bonds to mature. Well it could go to war to force repayment but...ahem

You're wrong; the world's economies DO need access to the USA and her economy more than vice versa. Do I really need to Google a GDP comparison chart for you? :)

Uncle Wally
06-09-2016, 23:06
The quote speaks for itself. The point anyway is that bydand earns his gravy honestly while the elites...

China can't just call the loans, it must wait for the treasury bonds to mature. Well it could go to war to force repayment but...ahem

You're wrong; the world's economies DO need access to the USA and her economy more than vice versa. Do I really need to Google a GDP comparison chart for you? :)

Look you know nothing about bydand so don't try to tell us ok. Quote says nothing just like your not coming up with a link.

Ah I see the America mafia way of business. Well China is very close to that with all the bullying America has done. How they welcomed Obama should tell you China is just a little bit tired of American antics. America is a consumer / service economy. They don't make much but debt and bombs. America is but one small part of the world and the rest of us could do fine without her bombing and threatening others then asking for money. How long you think America can just print money with nothing to back it up but threats? One day people get tired and won't take it anymore. Like China's snub of Obama. Russia is doing all it can do to put up with the tyrant. America is dispensable don't kid yourself. Or should I say don't be fooled.

You can google away but GDP means nothing in this world without being able to actually make something but you won't understand that until the next bubble burst.

Uncle Wally
06-09-2016, 23:18
Ah, yes we should all worry about the great American war machine.

https://m.sputniknews.com/military/20160906/1045033535/lcs-stand-down.html

Or maybe they can fix the F35 in time.

The US sure has Iran shaking in their boots.

https://m.sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160906/1045031601/iran-uss-firebolt.html

nicklcool
07-09-2016, 11:32
Look you know nothing about bydand so don't try to tell us ok. Quote says nothing just like your not coming up with a link.

Ah I see the America mafia way of business. Well China is very close to that with all the bullying America has done. How they welcomed Obama should tell you China is just a little bit tired of American antics. America is a consumer / service economy. They don't make much but debt and bombs. America is but one small part of the world and the rest of us could do fine without her bombing and threatening others then asking for money. How long you think America can just print money with nothing to back it up but threats? One day people get tired and won't take it anymore. Like China's snub of Obama. Russia is doing all it can do to put up with the tyrant. America is dispensable don't kid yourself. Or should I say don't be fooled.

You can google away but GDP means nothing in this world without being able to actually make something but you won't understand that until the next bubble burst.

Only know what he's said on here, what others have said about him, and what's neen insinuated. The "link" (quote of your own words is what I posted:
"I don't think you do much except for making sure the people that work for you don't suck too much gravy from you."

Actions speak louder than words. If America is so indispensable explain the post 2008 flocking of investors worldwide to US Treasuries (bonds).

And back to the Economic Situation in Russia© the only way American elites are greedy pigs responsible for the US housing market crash and worldwide calamity but the Russia elites are faultless for Russia's economic calamities is your inherent blatant ignorant bias for the Russian ruling elite.

Armoured
07-09-2016, 13:54

And the cushion keeps getting smaller and smaller.

http://kommersant.ru/doc/3082692

Russian Lad
07-09-2016, 15:40
And the cushion keeps getting smaller and smaller.

http://kommersant.ru/doc/3082692

So, one-two years till bankruptcy. Didn't Judge tell us the funds are growing and all is going just great?:party:

nicklcool
07-09-2016, 17:48
So, one-two years till bankruptcy. Didn't Judge tell us the funds are growing and all is going just great?:party:

Can countries really go bankrupt? I think they usually go to war before that becomes a possibility or necessity.

Russian Lad
07-09-2016, 18:01
I think they usually go to war before that becomes a possibility or necessity.

You haven't seen any wars recently?:) Just switch on Rossiya24 today, they broadcast the program Война (War) quite often. You have just arrived from Mars???:)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGiZS-8-bho&list=PL8yUsAAKdaZWreHAPhLbOG8IBE7gb1O_1

bydand
07-09-2016, 18:18
Look you know nothing about bydand so don't try to tell us ok.

He knows as much as you do, so why do you tell people I cheat on taxes? You want me deported?

FYI, when I dirty the toilet at work (some employees don't even have a toilet at home), I clean it, when I make a mess on the floor I sweep it up. I consider my employees as no less than myself. I think that's one reason they like and appreciate me. They know if I don't work (and don't have to), they wouldn't have a job.

Russian Lad
07-09-2016, 18:34
Hey, that's Wally, he can never envy in silence, always must produce primordial, guttural sounds of jealousy or typed letters riddled with deeply rooted, carnal envy.:) You would need to empty your proverbial toilet at least once per hour if you employed Wally, bucketfuls of it...

Judge
07-09-2016, 20:32

What a slanderous post, I said only one fund is growing and I didn't use great , peachy was the correct word.:silly:

Russian Lad
07-09-2016, 20:49
What a slanderous post, I said only one fund is growing and I didn't use great , peachy was the correct word.:silly:

So, one is growing a little while another one is being depleted at an unprecedented speed. When this one is empty the first one will be untapped. Will it still be growing?:) 2+2=4, Judge. :party: Surrounded by ideological enemies (or by "friends" like China who are after the cheap land to farm and resources to ravage), without any real industrial power, without own advanced technologies for like 90%+ of areas and without money. This sounds like the North Korea in the making. Or even something much worse. The Chinese distributing humanitarian aide rice on the Nevsky, babushkas fighting over loaves of stale bread with shaking, sinewy hands - this may soon become the new reality at this pace.

Judge
07-09-2016, 20:59
So, one is growing a little while another one is being depleted at an unprecedented speed. When this one is empty the first one will be untapped. Will it still be growing?:) 2+2=4, Judge. :party: Surrounded by ideological enemies (or by "friends" like China who are after the cheap land to farm and resources to ravage), without any real industrial power, without own advanced technologies for like 90%+ of areas and without money. This sounds like the North Korea in the making. Or even something much worse.

Like I said earlier, assets to sell, Russia is a big country, lots of land to rent out.

If one grows and the other decreases, difference of a billion or two, doesn't that more or less balance itself out ?
Surely a billion difference won't cause any ripples.

Russian Lad
07-09-2016, 21:02
If one grows and the other decreases, doesn't that balance itself out ?

Nope.:)

assets to sell, Russia is a big country

Not a lot of buyers for such risky assets it seems. Who would want an asset in an unstable, developing world economy with unpredictable political leadership and incessant saber-rattling?:) If, say, I had a few million dollars to play with opening a business in Russia would be the last thing on my long list - most likely I would not even consider such an option unless it was a fully Internet-based project that could be operated from elsewhere. And I am a Russian who sort of knows the local lay of the land and is used to the local nasty weather, if I was a foreigner I would be even more scared I guess.

Judge
07-09-2016, 21:07
Nope.:)

Not a lot of buyers for such risky assets it seems. Who would want an asset in an unstable, developing world economy with unpredictable political leadership?:) If, say, I had a few million dollars to play with opening a business in Russia would be the last thing on my long list - most likely I would not even consider such an option.

Isn't foreign investment growing in Russia these past months , it looks like investors see a good opportunity to make some money
If you had a few million to spare for investing here then Vladivostok would be your best bet, the place is starting to take off, yes, the Chinese are investing heavily there, or in your words expanding.

During the week, investors bought $167 million worth of Russian assets, surging from $66 million the week before.

From your favourite channel.
https://www.rt.com/business/356497-russia-stocks-investment-funds/

Russian Lad
07-09-2016, 21:47
Isn't foreign investment growing in Russia these past months , it looks like investors see a good opportunity to make some money
If you had a few million to spare for investing here then Vladivostok would be your best bet, the place is starting to take off, yes, the Chinese are investing heavily there, or in your words expanding.

From your favourite channel.
https://www.rt.com/business/356497-russia-stocks-investment-funds/

This week...investors... Of course, there has been an economic forum, some deals have been signed. Some millions of investments - that's peanuts, even for a week. The whole Russian budget equals what, the budget of Apple? Of the state of New York? Or some such numbers. A joke.

Judge
08-09-2016, 06:33
This week...investors... Of course, there has been an economic forum, some deals have been signed. Some millions of investments - that's peanuts, even for a week. The whole Russian budget equals what, the budget of Apple? Of the state of New York? Or some such numbers. A joke.
You're mixing the two up,
That forum was this week, my link shows last month, btw, since you mentioned that forum,it attracted over $15bn in investment, yes, peanuts,like I said, Vladivostok.

What's interesting to follow is Russia's new deals with Japan, lots of talk of big investment by the Japanese,but this might come at a price, the Kuril islands often come up in the talks, Russia is looking for another partner besides China in the East.

FatAndy
08-09-2016, 09:37
babushkas fighting over loaves of stale bread with shaking, sinewy hands - this may soon become the new reality at this pace.
I don't believe! ©

Where are those small innocent children with eyes, full of clear tears, pulling to you thin hands with blue veines, visible via skin? :rasta:

Eidakum mubarak, takaballya llahu mink! :verycool:

The whole Russian budget equals what, the budget of Apple? Of the state of New York? Or some such numbers. A joke.
Comrade, you should read recent metodichka from DoS, not previous one. Or at least RIWM®
The economy of gas station is already torn into pieces by extremely effective sanctions, no need to compare budgets anymore. :D

Uncle Wally
13-09-2016, 20:50
He knows as much as you do, so why do you tell people I cheat on taxes? You want me deported?

FYI, when I dirty the toilet at work (some employees don't even have a toilet at home), I clean it, when I make a mess on the floor I sweep it up. I consider my employees as no less than myself. I think that's one reason they like and appreciate me. They know if I don't work (and don't have to), they wouldn't have a job.

Great now we know more about you than we did before. I never said you cheat on your Russian tax. I said you cheat on your US tax. There is a big difference, Russia won't throw you out for that and if you are so worried bout being deported just give up your US citizenship and get Russian, then there is no place they can send you but Siberia.

You brought this all to mind because at the time you posted something a guy I met told me about his sister. She first went to work in America and got a US passport. Then they sent her to the UK and after working there she got a UK passport. She then was sent back to Russia by her company to work and after seeing how much taxes she had to pay wanted to give up her US citizenship but the cost of that would leave her broke and penniless. With you I was thinking about the goose and the gander.

Uncle Wally
13-09-2016, 20:55

Um you seem to forget or leave out the fact that the state of New York and the rest of America runs on debt. It's not like they are paying for anything but borrowing in the hopes that future generations will pay for it. You hold yourself up to such high standards.

Uncle Wally
13-09-2016, 20:58
Can countries really go bankrupt? I think they usually go to war before that becomes a possibility or necessity.

Yes and now you understand why America is pushing the world so close to war.

Russian Lad
24-09-2016, 19:16
Thank you very much. This, as usual, has been a very fruitful and meaningful discussion. I would like to attach a graph here. You have one year-one year and a half max, dear kvas patriots. After that time even Rusmeister's preaching will be meaningless because hungry people have a lot of trouble concentrating on prayers, they still crave food. The clock is ticking, then Venezuela will seem to you like a consumers' paradise. I am relaxed and watching the show. Your next move? You seem to be running out of money and time as we speak. You can buy allegiance, it is true, but you cannot have it for free in today's conditions in the RF. The sh't is flying towards the fan, be careful and watch out. We, the international Jewish community, are increasingly worried.

Uncle Wally
26-09-2016, 01:52
Oh but it's Russia's fault.

https://m.sputniknews.com/world/20160926/1045691714/global-recession-sovereign-debt-crisis.html

Russia hacked and exposed cheating by the DNC,let's forget the guy who worked for the DNC that was killed. Russia also made it more difficult for the destruction of Syria and resisted the take over of Ukraine. This is why we will all suffer under the US debt collapse. 20 trillion dollars is nothing when you are trying to fight "terrorist"! Hell one plane can cost 1.2 trillion dollars alone! And still catch fire/ crash/ kill pilots. But that's ok because it keeps people working. Hell if America could just bomb a few more countries we might be ok. Those bad Russian can't even take on the smallest debt! How are they going to stop the biggest debtor from taking over the world?

Russian Lad
26-09-2016, 02:45
Oh but it's Russia's fault.

https://m.sputniknews.com/world/20160926/1045691714/global-recession-sovereign-debt-crisis.html

Russia hacked and exposed cheating by the DNC,let's forget the guy who worked for the DNC that was killed. Russia also made it more difficult for the destruction of Syria and resisted the take over of Ukraine. This is why we will all suffer under the US debt collapse. 20 trillion dollars is nothing when you are trying to fight "terrorist"! Hell one plane can cost 1.2 trillion dollars alone! And still catch fire/ crash/ kill pilots. But that's ok because it keeps people working. Hell if America could just bomb a few more countries we might be ok. Those bad Russian can't even take on the smallest debt! How are they going to stop the biggest debtor from taking over the world?

One thing your rag is correct about, Wally - yes, I think there will be an economic crisis in the US similar to 2008 or even worse, I expect it within 1-2 years. Some people in the West will sneeze hard, some will even have diarrhea. All I need now from you is an intelligent guess as to what is going to happen to the Russian economy, which is tied to the US and the European finances but which is much weaker and is heavily dependent on the exports of commodities, the prices for which are going to fall even lower than now when the crisis hits.:dont-tell-anyone: Try using the brain, Wally, not the metodichka.

zzhhst
26-09-2016, 03:25
China wants and needs Lake Baikal. if you have ever visited the lake in last 10 years you would see and understand. Full of Chinese investment. Big mistake for Russia it is one of the crown jewels.

Uncle Wally
26-09-2016, 08:43
One thing your rag is correct about, Wally - yes, I think there will be an economic crisis in the US similar to 2008 or even worse, I expect it within 1-2 years. Some people in the West will sneeze hard, some will even have diarrhea. All I need now from you is an intelligent guess as to what is going to happen to the Russian economy, which is tied to the US and the European finances but which is much weaker and is heavily dependent on the exports of commodities, the prices for which are going to fall even lower than now when the crisis hits.:dont-tell-anyone: Try using the brain, Wally, not the metodichka.

No it will come sooner, like a few months after the failed US election and just before the next US civil war.

Russians can grow food at the dacha Americans don't have that option.

Judge
08-10-2016, 18:55
Wheat news, good news.

Now Russia is set on toppling the EU for the number one spot.

Almost 25 years after watching the Dawn of Communism collective farm where he grew up land in the dustbin of history, Andrey Burdin is helping turn Russia into something the communists never could: a grain-export powerhouse.
Over the last few years, Burdin has tripled the size of his farm on the steppe near the Black Sea, winning prizes from the local government for how much wheat he’s produced from the rich soil here and pumping profits back into new tractors and sprayers.
His harvest this season will be a third bigger than what it was just five years ago, helping fuel an explosion in grain exports that has allowed Russia to displace longtime global leaders like the U.S. and European Union.
Long known for its oil and gas, Russia is now moving to retake leadership in the world wheat trade it last held when the Czars ruled. In the process, it’s reshaping the market for one of the world’s most important traded food products.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-06/russia-upends-world-wheat-market-with-record-harvest-exports

Russian Lad
08-10-2016, 21:32
Russia is now moving to retake leadership in the world wheat trade it last held when the Czars ruled

Even if what you have said is true and not propagandist playing with numbers, did it help the Czars to keep ruling after 1917? Besides, I am reading that they send a lot of good wheat abroad and the Russians are supposed to eat bread made of bad quality wheat now. The situation is so desperate that they are planning to use cattle wheat here in Russia - to feed the Russians (in fact, they are doing it already):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=903veVwZW5A

Judge
08-10-2016, 23:55
Even if what you have said is true and not propagandist playing with numbers, did it help the Czars to keep ruling after 1917? Besides, I am reading that they send a lot of good wheat abroad and the Russians are supposed to eat bread made of bad quality wheat now. The situation is so desperate that they are planning to use cattle wheat here in Russia - to feed the Russians (in fact, they are doing it already):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=903veVwZW5A

The report comes from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, do you disobey, ignore your masters, the cookies must be turning sour.

Russian Lad
09-10-2016, 00:01
The report comes from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, do you disobey, ignore your masters, the cookies must be turning sour.

Even if so, it doesn't change the rest of what I said. Masters? I don't even have a job, I am a freelancer who has fired like 10 employers by now because I didn't like the terms and/or attitudes. Somehow I think I am more free than you are.:) I am still a hostage though.

TolkoRaz
09-10-2016, 00:06
Even if so, it doesn't change the rest of what I said. Masters? I don't even have a job, I am a freelancer who has fired like 10 employers by now because I didn't like the terms and/or attitudes. Somehow I think I am more free than you are.:) I am still a hostage though.

Judge
09-10-2016, 00:17

Whatever, I don't care what you said, it's just fluff, hard to face the facts that Russia is now topping the chart as the number wheat producer. Better to focus on the negatives, don't you think?.

Uncle Wally
09-10-2016, 00:47
Whatever, I don't care what you said, it's just fluff, hard to face the facts that Russia is now topping the chart as the number wheat producer. Better to focus on the negatives, don't you think?.

Yes of course! And let us forget that Putin came up with an idea to stop the love bombing of Syria and has put his own men in harms way to stop terrorist from destroying yet another country.

Uncle Wally
09-10-2016, 00:56

If you were more free you would have some balls.

"I am more free but still a hostage" what is that supposed to mean?

To me it says you wish you could find a good paying job that didn't mind if you came in all hungover and couldn't really work much. That is not what America has in store for you.

Russian Lad
09-10-2016, 02:14
I don't care what you said, it's just fluff, hard to face the facts that Russia is now topping the chart as the number wheat producer. Better to focus on the negatives, don't you think?.

For ordinary Russians like me it just spells one thing - lower quality bread for higher prices. As an RF citizen I am not getting a cut from all these deals, not a single bloody copeck, all the money goes to the pockets of the pseudoelite who build new mansions (including abroad), send their children to resorts, get young concubines, etc. Why on Earth do you expect ME to be happy for this (and for them)? I am genuinely trying to understand you but I can't.

"I am more free but still a hostage" what is that supposed to mean?

It will not be possible to explain this to you, as a kvas man, you cannot think in abstract terms. No need to understand the word "hostage" as a 100% physical phenomenon.

Judge
09-10-2016, 08:57
For ordinary Russians like me it just spells one thing - lower quality bread for higher prices. As an RF citizen I am not getting a cut from all these deals, not a single bloody copeck, all the money goes to the pockets of the pseudoelite who build new mansions (including abroad), send their children to resorts, get young concubines, etc. Why on Earth do you expect ME to be happy for this (and for them)? I am genuinely trying to understand you but I can't.
We discussed the price of bread before, I've seen at Globus bread going for 7.9 ru, quality I expect is ok, I would buy it but I make my own, for this price it's a steal.
If you aren't in the wheat business then I guess you won't make any money, the people who work in this industry are making, try and imagine how many are employed in this work, the machines being bought, foreign makers of equipment must be also doing well cos of the wheat boom here , taxes collected, it all adds up, sorry that you personally aren't getting your cut , maybe you should have gone in the wheat business instead of the dating business.
What next will Russia be number one at, look into it and you might " get your cut".

FatAndy
09-10-2016, 09:11
For ordinary Russians like me it just spells one thing - lower quality bread for higher prices.
No more potato peels and rotten chicken wings? :)

Russian Lad
09-10-2016, 16:27
No more potato peels and rotten chicken wings?

Well, some on holidays.:) Like Pu's B-Day.:)

I guess you won't make any money, the people who work in this industry are making, try and imagine how many are employed in this work, the machines being bought, foreign makers of equipment must be also doing well cos of the wheat boom here , taxes collected, it all adds up, sorry that you personally aren't getting your cut , maybe you should have gone in the wheat business instead of the dating business.
What next will Russia be number one at, look into it and you might " get your cut".

Well, I either get my cut or I don't. It doesn't need to be a direct cut - they can cut the bread prices instead, improve its quality. But they are doing the exact opposite. Employment is probably the only good thing in all this, but the negatives outweigh it. And those negatives, the price and the quality, affect me directly, while employment of other Russians is an indirect positive result for me. Besides, this employment is questionable, I am sure most of those workers slave away in abominable conditions for pennies.

Uncle Wally
10-10-2016, 06:09
Well, some on holidays.:) Like Pu's B-Day.:)

Well, I either get my cut or I don't. It doesn't need to be a direct cut - they can cut the bread prices instead, improve its quality. But they are doing the exact opposite. Employment is probably the only good thing in all this, but the negatives outweigh it. And those negatives, the price and the quality, affect me directly, while employment of other Russians is an indirect positive result for me. Besides, this employment is questionable, I am sure most of those workers slave away in abominable conditions for pennies.

What makes you think workers in any other country have it better? You're a grass is always greener type guy.

Russian Lad
10-10-2016, 12:59
What makes you think workers in any other country have it better? You're a grass is always greener type guy.

More whataboutism, Wally? I agree that workers in Somalia and Nigeria probably get the same or worse (they have warmer weather and bananas on trees though), but workers, say, in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Canada, Australia, etc. definitely "have it better" - much better. If they work hard and have some brains of course. That said, I don't really give two farts in a vodka about other countries. I live in the Russian Federation - but we can always compare just as you suggested.

Russian Lad
11-10-2016, 04:41
Euro countries would be able to get gas from somewhere else, like from Qatar but that pipeline plan through Syria is held up at the moment.

Waste of time, money, resources. USSR had all this with Afghanistan. It was, as you remember, a huge success. The history is repeating itself. 22 million half-starving Russians at home, and this number is growing increasingly fast. More kvas, anyone?

TolkoRaz
11-10-2016, 10:02
Waste of time, money, resources. USSR had all this with Afghanistan. It was, as you remember, a huge success. The history is repeating itself. 22 million half-starving Russians at home, and this number is growing increasingly fast. More kvas, anyone?

What does 'half-starving' mean? Humans and animals are either starving or not!

And, where do you get the 22 Million statistic from?

Russian Lad
11-10-2016, 21:05
What does 'half-starving' mean? Humans and animals are either starving or not!

And, where do you get the 22 Million statistic from?

The official RF government statistics - 22 million living below the official poverty line, which means half-starving. Still can afford bread and potatoes, but meat - probably once per week, rotten chicken wings. There are also 14 million Russians who don't belong to the middle class anymore. You need links perhaps?

FatAndy
12-10-2016, 09:37
Still can afford bread and potatoes, but meat - probably once per week, rotten chicken wings.
Not potatoes, but potato peels, comrade!

Russian Lad
12-10-2016, 14:55

Ok-ok, I stand corrected.:smug:

TolkoRaz
12-10-2016, 21:07

Haute Cuisine for many Africans!

Uncle Wally
12-10-2016, 21:11
Haute Cuisine for many Africans!

The peel is the most nutritious part! Only fools throw it away!

nicklcool
15-10-2016, 11:47
Still can afford bread and potatoes, but meat - probably once per week, rotten chicken wings.

"Let them eat [beans]"! Much healthier overall and their cholesterol problems will go away. Probably mental health problems, too. What is the depression rate in India?? Seriously, let them become vegetarians. Buckwheat is delicious and a quite inexpensive protein option :D

Judge
16-10-2016, 08:11
From negative to stable, it's not doom and gloom anymore from one of the rating agencies.When Russia was downgraded, some on here were shouting from the rooftop, " all hell is about to break loose".

The outlook for Russia’s long-term financial risk rating has been revised from negative to stable and affirmed at ‘BBB-‘, Fitch Ratings said in a release on Friday.

https://m.sputniknews.com/business/201610141046350211-fitch-rating-russia-revision/

Judge
16-10-2016, 08:16
The peel is the most nutritious part! Only fools throw it away!

Exactly, they have other uses too, I've been building up a good stock for awhile now, for this reason.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/clean-fireplace-potato-peels-97805.html

Russian Lad
16-10-2016, 10:30
The outlook for Russia’s long-term financial risk rating has been revised from negative to stable and affirmed at ‘BBB-‘, Fitch Ratings said in a release on Friday.

I don't know about Fitch and what they are up to these days, we in Saint Pete here have more pressing agendas to consider. For instance, Poltavchenko, the governor of the city, has approved the bread ration for the time of war - 300 grams of bread for one person per day - http://www.gazeta.spb.ru/1980549-0/ (he totally forgot about nutritious potato peels but I do hope they are included in the next law they pass - I will feel uncomfortable without my potato peels, such an oversight on their part), bomb shelters are being checked and repaired, etc. What were you saying about Fitch? Ah, the RF economy is getting better. Ok, let's trust Fitch, sure. Have we risen from the knees yet or we are still in the bent-over position, according to Fitch? :smug: It is important to know.

Judge
17-10-2016, 13:22
I don't know about Fitch and what they are up to these days, we in Saint Pete here have more pressing agendas to consider. For instance, Poltavchenko, the governor of the city, has approved the bread ration for the time of war - 300 grams of bread for one person per day - http://www.gazeta.spb.ru/1980549-0/ (he totally forgot about nutritious potato peels but I do hope they are included in the next law they pass - I will feel uncomfortable without my potato peels, such an oversight on their part), bomb shelters are being checked and repaired, etc. What were you saying about Fitch? Ah, the RF economy is getting better. Ok, let's trust Fitch, sure. Have we risen from the knees yet or we are still in the bent-over position, according to Fitch? :smug: It is important to know.

Fitch just followed S&P's lead, I'm the last to bother what these firms are up to, all I'm doing is pointing out to the naysayers who were all gloating when Russia was downgraded.

About your pressing concerns in St Petes, what can I say, many will always believe in the scaremongering of others, when in fact it's non-story.
https://themoscowtimes.com/news/st-petersburg-not-preparing-wartime-bread-rations-officals-say-55681
Try and not be fooled by it all.

But, with America's saber rattling these past few weeks, there is nothing wrong with being little concerned.

Uncle Wally
23-10-2016, 22:21
German investment in Russia up

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201610231046642657-german-firms-invest-russia/

Russian Lad
23-10-2016, 23:41
many will always believe in the scaremongering of others, when in fact it's non-story

I am not to trust my city government? That would be a rather unkvas thing to do, shame on you for suggesting that, comrade. As a punishment, you must drink 2 liters of kvas in one go now. It will purify&cleanse your intestines, your mind and your soul.

Judge
25-10-2016, 10:43
German investment in Russia up

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201610231046642657-german-firms-invest-russia/

The article says keen, that's putting it mildly, it's more like they are desperate to have things the way they were, the Germans and Russian counterparts are losing billions in trade.

One example is the German Supermarket Globus, they recently opened up outside of Pushkino, 30km north of Moscow, the place is busy any day and time of the week, it opens at 8am and 15mins before it opens there are easily 50 ppl waiting to go in, who ever picked this location can give themselves a pat on the back.
Right nearby Leroy Merlin is opening on the 26th of this month, another company that does booming business here, a constant client base of flat remonters to dacha builders.
This is one small example, many other places need the same businesses, and investment.Also , local employment is given a massive boost.