PDA

View Full Version : economic situation in russia

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 12:38
It's semki, healthy heritage of totalitarian past. :verycool: So only 112.

Come by my flat. The people who lived here before left a 5 kilogram bag of them! You bring the vodka!

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 12:39
How are you going to qualify for a Russian pension?

All Russians get them. If you were born here or just emigrated.

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 12:43
Don't you mean a girlfriend with a Russian pension..?:laughing: Does she know that she'll be supporting two (you & her) in the golden years?:thinking:
Russian pensions don't stretch too far dude..

She's young Carl and I took care of her when she lost her job. I still help her. I'll be dead by the time she get her pension. I can't see me living for another 24 years.

fenrir
22-02-2016, 13:06
All Russians get them. If you were born here or just emigrated.

You are American, even served in the US armed forces.

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 13:38
You are American, even served in the US armed forces.

Not any more! Ah ha ha ha ha!

TolkoRaz
22-02-2016, 15:42
It's a video of a shoplifter? What do the red circles at two places in the video mean?

The guy doesn't look like he's starving - he puts up a good fight. Either that or he's drunk!

He was armed with a handgun!

TolkoRaz
22-02-2016, 15:42
And look at those fully stocked shelves.

And all those gainfully employed people! :10310:

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 16:06
Andy, you must weigh 400kg with all the popcorn eat!

Only if buttered popcorn (or like the fake "cheese," some yellow oil-chemical compound that tastes like butter and smells like movie theatre) :)

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 16:07

Was it a real gun?

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 16:10
Don't you mean a girlfriend with a Russian pension..?:laughing: Does she know that she'll be supporting two (you & her) in the golden years?:thinking:
Russian pensions don't stretch too far dude..

$50,000 in a bank at 17% interest gets you $8500/year without touching the principal, or $750/month.

vossy7
22-02-2016, 16:12
The old ones are the best....
"Thousands of dead fish have now washed up on shore along the coast of South Carolina. Today the NRA said that this wouldn't have happened if those fish had guns." –Jay Leno

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 16:13
No young and nubile woman will want Wally when he is really old just for his drumming skills, they will all want USD, in this or that form, we both are aware of that, aren't we? There is no such thing as free hot sex when we get old. Poor Wally, stuck in the middle of sinking and snowy nowhere. If I was Wally, I would find my American passport and return back to the US to eat the humble pie there. For instance, if he moves to California he will still be able to live for many years there as a hobo, if he becomes homeless here after his squatting bliss ends no one will want to help him just for his glorifying Putin and his great achievements... This part is over and done with, Wally. How is your fridge doing? Has it won the battle with your tvset yet? :smug: The Russians are already shooting at each other for a chunk of kolbasa, I was counting on decent fistfights only, so it greatly exceeds even my expectations, I was like, wow, shooting a gun in a shop for a sausage! Quite impressive: http://www.lenoblinform.ru/news/2016/01/27/kolbasa-270116.html

You are jealous of Wally-groupies. Even old rock stars have young, nubile admirers.

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 16:20

And a sausage!

Russian Lad
22-02-2016, 16:32
Was it a real gun?

No, a water gun. Yes, a real gun with real rubber bullets. He injured two people, a guard and a woman on the entrance, according to the article, the video tells me though it looks like only he and his coveted kolbasa suffered (both from a huge shock and surprise).

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 16:44
No, a water gun. Yes, a real gun with real rubber bullets. He injured two people, a guard and a woman on the entrance, according to the article, the video tells me though it looks like only he and his coveted kolbasa suffered (both from a huge shock and surprise).

"Real rubber bullets" huh?

Surprising he didn't go after the real cheese with real palm oil then.

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 16:46
That guy sure didn't put up with any baloney!

Russian Lad
22-02-2016, 16:53
Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
And look at those fully stocked shelves.

Wally, no use of full shelves if people don't have money. According to the official stats, 35 million Russians (that's what, 70% of the working population?) have financial debts, and 7 million are not able to service their debts.
As to rubber bullets, there have been many cases here when people were killed with them. Ask Tolko, he will tell you rubber bullets can be lethal at close range.

So, you approve his actions?

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 17:06

So, you approve his actions?

Baloney = Kelbasa Sausage = humor :)

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 17:17

Baloney = Kelbasa Sausage = humor :)

I think we should start making him pay for all the English lessons we have to give him.

I can hear the guard now. "Do you have a sausage in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"

Carl
22-02-2016, 17:38
$50,000 in a bank at 17% interest gets you $8500/year without touching the principal, or $750/month.

$750 a month.:jawdrop:
More eking an existence then living an enjoyable life me thinks. And where can you find 17% interest..?

Russian Lad
22-02-2016, 17:47
More eking an existence then living an enjoyable life me thinks. And where can you find 17% interest..?

He probably saw it in a dream or something. Here in Russia the interest on the hard currency deposits doesn't exceed 2% per year usually, and starts with like 0.01%, as you can see here, for instance: http://www.sberbank.ru/ru/person/contributions/deposits/multi_currency
So, from 50K dollars one will be getting the interest of 80 dollars max. And usually such deposits are not to be touched for a year or much longer, so one will not be even able to use the money. Besides, it doesn't look like many Russians have 50K dollars on their accounts. According to the official statistics, only 4% of Russians have hard currency accounts.
As to the ruble accounts, well, yesterday it is 30 rubles to the dollar, today - up to 80 rubles, who gives a guarantee it will not be 250 rubles to the dollar dollar tomorrow? So, keeping ruble accounts doesn't seem like a wise long-term planning at all.

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 18:26

Yeah Carl you're right. Since the US economy is in the tank the FED is giving what rates? They are not sure negative interest rates like in Japan, the EU are totally legal. But when a silly thing like laws stop them?

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 18:33
He probably saw it in a dream or something. Here in Russia the interest on the hard currency deposits doesn't exceed 2% per year usually, and starts with like 0.01%, as you can see here, for instance: http://www.sberbank.ru/ru/person/contributions/deposits/multi_currency
So, from 50K dollars one will be getting the interest of 80 dollars max. And usually such deposits are not to be touched for a year or much longer, so one will not be even able to use the money. Besides, it doesn't look like many Russians have 50K dollars on their accounts. According to the official statistics, only 4% of Russians have hard currency accounts.
As to the ruble accounts, well, yesterday it is 30 rubles to the dollar, today - up to 80 rubles, who gives a guarantee it will not be 250 rubles to the dollar dollar tomorrow? So, keeping ruble accounts doesn't seem like a wise long-term planning at all.

2% interest? .00001% interest? $80 interest after a year on $50000? What kind of silly-ass banks do you have in St. Pete? :)

Sberbank pays 10%, not 2%.

http://www.sberbank.ru/en/individualclients/deposits/fixedtermdeposits

More like $5500 in a year, not $80. And that's at Sberbank, which pays the *lowest* interest rate of any Russian bank.

You are thinking of "Certificate of Deposit" or "Savings Bond" or whatever the Russian name is for similar financial instrument? Anyway, my bank paid the same interest as long term, and they calculated it on daily or monthly basis.

And you can get 15% in Crimea, even the Moscow Slimes backs me up:

The Moscow Times - Crimean-banks-offer-highest-deposit-interest-rates-in-Russia (http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/crimean-banks-offer-highest-deposit-interest-rates-in-russia/523420.html)

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 18:35
I don't know but I get 6% on a ruble account with Sber bank.

Russian Lad
22-02-2016, 18:37
Sberbank pays 10%, not 2%.

You are teaching me about Russian interest rates? Fabulous. Did you check out the link I posted??? It is Sberbank. Up to 10% - only for deposits in rubles, hard currencies - just as I said, and it is the maximum, which means you will have to deposit a lot and wait for 1-3 years.

I don't know but I get 6% on a ruble account with Sber bank.

So what does it give you? Those who deposited rubles, say, in 2013 and are getting 6%, they would have gained way more (the interest like 40 times more in rubles, not 6% but 250%+!!!) if they just kept USD or Euros under their mattresses - the dollar cost 30 rubles in 2013, it is 76 rubles now, do the math %-wise. There is no guarantee we will not see similar devaluations of the ruble in the future - it devalued after the USSR collapse (to the point that we began printing completely different rubles), it devalued in 1998, it devalued in 2008, it devalued in 2014-2015 once more. And we are talking about 2-3 times difference during this devaluation, not just some 10-20%. So, who will guarantee the future pensioners their rubles will not devalue again, say, in 2020 or even next year???
Your love for the ruble is similar to a guy's love for his wife who is a former prostitute and who keeps cheating on him but each time he catches her with three guys giving it to her hard in their family bedroom with their little kids watching it he says tenderly: "Oh, I am sure it is the last time she has done it, she will be a more responsible and devoted wife from now on, I am sure".

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 18:44

Well, you can't live like an Oligarch, but $300/month will pay the rent on a flat unless you want to live in downtown Moscow or St. Pete. That leaves $450/month, not a big sum, but you won't starve. Unless you're like my friend with a pack-a-day Marlboro habit - $14/pack in New York, and her pension is less than $750...

I had 17% at my account when I was in Simferopol. Add that the grivna improved that year, so I walked away with 25% on my money that year. I had an account at Ukrainian Privatbank, and I was able to transfer it to the Russian Privatbank after that one year, I had a bad feeling...

bydand
22-02-2016, 18:47
You are teaching me about Russian interest rates? Fabulous. Did you check out the link I posted??? It is Sberbank. Up to 10% - only for deposits in rubles, hard currencies - just as I said, and it is the maximum, which means you will have to deposit a lot and wait for 1-3 years.

Yes, not 17% like Fantastika stated before, and no partial withdrawals allowed over the (long) term. Guaranteed inflation will be higher than the interest you receive, any bank, anywhere; that's how they make money. They will take your money for 10%, and loan it out for 23%; 18% if the borrower has excellent credit.

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 18:50

Yes, I checked out your link. I have mucho experience with banks. The last place in the world I would put my money is Sberbank, my experience with them is that they are insufferable, time-wasting bureaucrats, that's enough for me to give them demerits on the "My Favorite Bank" checklist. I always go bank-shopping before deciding who, what where, when, etc. to do with my money. If you want to earn .0001% interest, knock yourself out! I'll go for the 15%! :)

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 18:54
Yes, not 17% like Fantastika stated before, and no partial withdrawals allowed over the (long) term. Guaranteed inflation will be higher than the interest you receive, any bank, anywhere; that's how they make money. They will take your money for 10%, and loan it out for 23%; 18% if the borrower has excellent credit.

That's Sberbank - the worst deal in town.

The bank does not make money from inflation, they lose money from inflation. They make money, like you said, from the difference in what they pay their depositors, and what they charge their borrowers. If the "going" loan rate is 23%, then there is for sure going to be a lot of banks offering more than 10% for depositors.

Russian Lad
22-02-2016, 18:54
If you want to earn .0001% interest, knock yourself out! I'll go for the 15%!

For hard currency deposits in Russia??? Where? 15%? Give us links. I would not risk my hard currency with such an interest rate because it will be a scam, most likely. Sberbank has improved its services a lot by the way, and given the fact that many smaller banks are simply liquidated randomly and without any prior notice, Sberbank is not such a bad choice.

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 19:21
For hard currency deposits in Russia??? Where? 15%? Give us links. I would not risk my hard currency with such an interest rate because it will be a scam, most likely. Sberbank has improved its services a lot by the way, and given the fact that many smaller banks are simply liquidated randomly and without any prior notice, Sberbank is not such a bad choice.

I never opened a Euro or Dollar account, only Ruble or Grivna accounts. It just seems stupid to accept 1% interest when you can get 10% - 15% in rubles. 15% in Simferopol banks. The ruble? It may go up, it may go down. It's acceptable risk for me. Suppose the ruble goes down 10% this year, then that's 10% + 12%, 22% interest on the year. That's better than your "Under-The-Mattress" Bank. I'm grinning, ear-to-ear, all the way to the bank!

Nobbynumbnuts
22-02-2016, 19:44

..even if your were getting 17% p.a. (which i doubt) inflation is eating away at your principal at around 15% a year

Russian Lad
22-02-2016, 20:48
It just seems stupid to accept 1% interest when you can get 10% - 15% in rubles. 15% in Simferopol banks. The ruble? It may go up, it may go down. It's acceptable risk for me. Suppose the ruble goes down 10% this year, then that's 10% + 12%, 22% interest on the year. That's better than your "Under-The-Mattress" Bank. I'm grinning, ear-to-ear, all the way to the bank!

That's clearly not what has been happening during the last 30+ years, the ruble has devalued from 60 copecks to 80+ rubles. So, I am not sure what sort of lunacy you base your assumptions on. For all I know, oil can easily cost 20 in a year and the dollar - 100+ rubles. No economics fundamentals and no banking structures (the ruble is dependent on the dollar and it is not a hard currency) indicate the ruble should be gaining during the coming years, however, there are multiple indications it will be losing (heavily?).

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 21:05
That's clearly not what has been happening during the last 30+ years, the ruble has devalued from 60 copecks to 80+ rubles. So, I am not sure what sort of lunacy you base your assumptions on. For all I know, oil can easily cost 20 in a year and the dollar - 100+ rubles. No economics fundamentals and no banking structures (the ruble is dependent on the dollar and it is not a hard currency) indicate the ruble should be gaining during the coming years, however, there are multiple indications it will be losing (heavily?).

The dollar is falling. People are not so sure about it now. Russia,China and other countries are not using the dollar for trade now ( the only thing that has kept the dollar from sinking to the bottom is that countries used it ) and many are waiting for the bubble to burst.

Did you know that 80% of people living in Southern. Illinois are of welfare? The Chinese are buying up many US companies and even want to buy the Chicago stock exchange! 50% of Americans think that China has the leading economy! That's the real state of confidence in the dollar.

Russian Lad
22-02-2016, 21:07
and many are waiting for the bubble to burst.

The US economy went through a crisis in 2008, the Russian economy suffered from it even more than the US economy, for obvious reasons. If "the bubble bursts" I don't know what will happen in the US and I don't care that much because I live in Russia, but here it will be a complete economic disaster in a such a case. What is Russia's share in the global GDP, anyway? I can tell you - 18 USD bln. for the US and 1 USD bln. for Russia. 18 times difference! So...

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 21:59
Hmmm. what's going on today? Looks like instant 5% interest on your ruble deposit (as measured in almighty dollars). 5% interest in one day... :) XE.com. Just got off the phone with the forex guy, who told me they don't do rubles - darn! I had that timed beautifully.

Do you guys go to the bank and genuflect before the accounts manager, and ask him/her "What can I do to serve you, sir/madam? How much money can I give you? Will you take it all? Will you please give me the lowest interest rate possible? And keep my money away from me, so I can't touch it for a year or 2. Oh, please take my money and use it as you like."

It's a like a Bank Robbery, in reverse. :) Go into the bank and beseech the bank to rob you! :rofl:

Fantastika
22-02-2016, 22:08
What is Russia's share in the global GDP, anyway? I can tell you - 18 USD bln. for the US and 1 USD bln. for Russia. 18 times difference! So...

Your figures are economic baloney and palm-oil "cheese," and even if the comparison itself were valid (it's off by 100%), your numbers are in error by a multiple of 1000. No wonder you don't like banks. :)

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 22:22
Your figures are economic baloney and palm-oil "cheese," and even if the comparison itself were valid (it's off by 100%), your numbers are in error by a multiple of 1000. No wonder you don't like banks. :)

You're talking to the guy who tried to lie to us about the price of bread. All I got to say is you better post photos or he'll go off on this lie for weeks or untill you do.

Russian Lad
22-02-2016, 22:44
Yes, trillion, just took the bln. from this chart without giving the full numbers. Other than that, everyone can clearly see what I mean. Besides, not only the US introduced sanctions against Russia, and not only the dollar is the reserve currency. The total amounts are even more staggering - Russia versus the US, Japan, Germany, the GB, France, Canada, Australia, Italy, etc. combined, from the economic standpoint. It's a fight between a cockroach and an elefant. Russia's GDP is the size of Mexico's GDP. What a joke.

http://knoema.ru/nwnfkne/world-gdp-ranking-2015-data-and-charts

You're talking to the guy who tried to lie to us about the price of bread.

I buy it every day for 60-90 rubles in Piatorochka, go there and check it out. There is a Piatorochka almost on every corner these days.

fenrir
22-02-2016, 23:10
You're talking to the guy who tried to lie to us about the price of bread. All I got to say is you better post photos or he'll go off on this lie for weeks or untill you do.

You are actually accusing other people of lying when you do it all the time? You lied about Estonians flooding the Western EU countries, you lied about the US killing MILLIONS in Iraq, etc.

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 23:26
Yes, trillion, just took the bln. from this chart without giving the full numbers. Other than that, everyone can clearly see what I mean. Besides, not only the US introduced sanctions against Russia, and not only the dollar is the reserve currency. The total amounts are even more staggering - Russia versus the US, Japan, Germany, the GB, France, Canada, Australia, Italy, etc. combined, from the economic standpoint. It's a fight between a cockroach and an elefant. Russia's GDP is the size of Mexico's GDP. What a joke.

http://knoema.ru/nwnfkne/world-gdp-ranking-2015-data-and-charts

I buy it every day for 60-90 rubles in Piatorochka, go there and check it out. There is a Piatorochka almost on every corner these days.

I have one not 50 meters from my flat and where I saw bread for 11 rubles. Yes there is more expensive bread but it's your choice

TolkoRaz
22-02-2016, 23:26
You are actually accusing other people of lying when you do it all the time? You lied about Estonians flooding the Western EU countries, you lied about the US killing MILLIONS in Iraq, etc.

The problem is that the US of A lied to the Globe that Saddam had stockpiles of Chemical Weapons and that he posed a threat to the West, including to Western Europe! The invasion followed, but not a shred of evidence was discovered, despite the coalition being in Iraq for years!

Bush produced the 'proof' before the invasion, but it was fabricated and murderously fraudulent!

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 23:40
The problem is that the US of A lied to the Globe that Saddam had stockpiles of Chemical Weapons and that he posed a threat to the West, including to Western Europe! The invasion followed, but not a shred of evidence was discovered, despite the coalition being in Iraq for years!

Bush produced the 'proof' before the invasion, but it was fabricated and murderously fraudulent!

Then joked about it at a dinner. "nope no weapons other here, maybe there over there" to great laughter of the other guests. Makes me sick.

fenrir
22-02-2016, 23:41

We're not debating that at all. I mentioned two specific lies for which he has provided nothing but hot air to back up. The millions dead in Iraq lie has been going on for years and still nothing.

TolkoRaz
22-02-2016, 23:52
We're not debating that at all. I mentioned two specific lies for which he has provided nothing but hot air to back up. The millions dead in Iraq lie has been going on for years and still nothing.

In 2008, it was estimated that between 800K and 1.3Million had died!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/iraq-s-shocking-human-toll-about-1-million-killed-4-5-million-displaced-1-2-million-widows-5-million-orphans/12150

7 years has passed since 2008! I am not going to 'quibble' about the odd 100K or so, but I think we all admit that it has been a terrible and unnecessary waste of human life!

Saddam would never have killed anywhere near that many!

Russian Lad
22-02-2016, 23:58
The fate of all dictators is so predictable. Makes me wonder. However, can we please get back to the thread topic?

Uncle Wally
22-02-2016, 23:59

Who told you a million people didn't die in Iraq? The same people who lied to invade Iraq?

Just the sanctions old daddy Bush put on Iraq cause many to suffer. Children who couldn't get medicine or medical care. Those sanctions were a crime in themselves. All after the US tricked Saddam into invading Kuwait. The US gave him the gas to used on Iranians in the war the US said nothing about. Saddam hated terrorist and gave the US intelligence about them and even about 9/11 then they lied and tried to make people believe he had something to do with it. Look your country is run by a bunch of psychopaths the will lie, kill and destroy the earth just to get power.

People are still dying in Iraq today because of the destruction America did to their country all based on lies.

TolkoRaz
23-02-2016, 00:00
The fate of all dictators is so predictable.

You have been predicting food riots on the streets for months, if not years, but somehow VVP has survived yet another Winter, and so has the population; VVP now has even greater support from the masses - he has never been so popular! :10310:

Uncle Wally
23-02-2016, 00:07
You have been predicting food riots on the streets for months, if not years, but somehow VVP has survived yet another Winter, and so has the population; VVP now has even greater support from the masses - he has never been so popular! :10310:

And around the world!

America trying to isolate Russia has back fired on them. Putin and Russia are becoming less and less isolated and more and more independent. Maybe we should thank them for giving him the opportunity to show the world what he can do and how Russia can get out of a corner when backed into one.

TolkoRaz
23-02-2016, 00:11
And around the world!

America trying to isolate Russia has back fired on them. Putin and Russia are becoming less and less isolated and more and more independent. Maybe we should thank them for giving him the opportunity to show the world what he can do and how Russia can get out of a corner when backed into one.

VVP is certainly leading the way in Syria, a ceasefire between the 'moderate' rebels and Assad could occur by the end of the month, a nationwide election in April etc - Now that is progress and it has only taken VVP a few months to cover such ground!

Russian Lad
23-02-2016, 00:19
VVP is certainly leading the way in Syria, a ceasefire between the 'moderate' rebels and Assad could occur by the end of the month, a nationwide election in April etc - Now that is progress and it has only taken VVP a few months to cover such ground!

How strange, you believe VVP is a dictator? You surely meant something/someone else?
As to my predicting things, I was telling you all the ruble is going to collapse like three years ago, it did collapse, poverty is rampant. We will see what follows. Somehow I think there will be an economic crisis in the West similar to what there was in 2008, i.e. yet another trigger most of you are unable to grasp at the moment. In other words, we cannot predict the future, but if we can discern patterns. So far I haven't been far off the mark like Wally who predicted the dollar/euro demise and it hasn't happened. I am not saying the ruble will cease to exist, however, interesting times ahead.
By the way, Wally, I celebrated my b-day three weeks ago, it was a huge upbeat restaurant, I mean, really huge, and me and my guests were the only visitors. I didn't see any laughing people or any people at all, for that matter, except for the personnel, who looked doomed. Then we went to another fancy restaurant and there were only four visitors in yet another huge place. It was a Friday night... I think many restaurants will be ruined soon. Actually, the place where we wanted to go initially was closed already... This crisis seems to be hitting hard left, right and center here in Russia.

Uncle Wally
23-02-2016, 00:24

Don't forget he stopped a full take over of Ukraine and now Ukraine and the people the US put in charge are showing the world who they really are. I expect a full victory for Putin there too.

Uncle Wally
23-02-2016, 00:26
How strange, you believe VVP is a dictator? You surely meant something/someone else?
As to my predicting things, I was telling you all the ruble is going to collapse like three years ago, it did collapse, poverty is rampant. We will see what follows. Somehow I think there will be an economic crisis in the West similar to what there was in 2008, i.e. yet another trigger most of you are unable to grasp at the moment. In other words, we cannot predict the future, but if we can discern patterns. So far I haven't been far off the mark like Wally who predicted the dollar/euro demise and it hasn't happened. I am not saying the ruble will cease to exist, however, interesting times ahead.

So you say I was wrong but then agree with me just that I was off by a few months.

Russian Lad
23-02-2016, 00:29
So you say I was wrong but then agree with me just that I was off by a few months.

Yet another Wally joke? Say "lopata" when I need to laugh.

Uncle Wally
23-02-2016, 00:40
Yet another Wally joke? Say "lopata" when I need to laugh.

Lopata

fenrir
23-02-2016, 12:54
In 2008, it was estimated that between 800K and 1.3Million had died!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/iraq-s-shocking-human-toll-about-1-million-killed-4-5-million-displaced-1-2-million-widows-5-million-orphans/12150

7 years has passed since 2008! I am not going to 'quibble' about the odd 100K or so, but I think we all admit that it has been a terrible and unnecessary waste of human life!

Saddam would never have killed anywhere near that many!

The Iraq Body Count project found 174,000 Iraqis reported killed between 2003 and 2013. And you know as well as I do that not all of those deaths were caused by the Americans. There were a lot of sectarian killings.

fenrir
23-02-2016, 13:02
Who told you a million people didn't die in Iraq? The same people who lied to invade Iraq?

Just the sanctions old daddy Bush put on Iraq cause many to suffer. Children who couldn't get medicine or medical care. Those sanctions were a crime in themselves. All after the US tricked Saddam into invading Kuwait. The US gave him the gas to used on Iranians in the war the US said nothing about. Saddam hated terrorist and gave the US intelligence about them and even about 9/11 then they lied and tried to make people believe he had something to do with it. Look your country is run by a bunch of psychopaths the will lie, kill and destroy the earth just to get power.

People are still dying in Iraq today because of the destruction America did to their country all based on lies.

People didn't get medicine or medical care because Saddam was building palaces instead of funding the programs that would have helped those people. And, for your information, Saddam was already considering invading Kuwait half way through the Gulf War. A superb book to read is The Iran-Iraq War: A Military and Strategic History by Williamson Murray and Kevin M. Woods. It will probably cause you 3rd degree burns if you touch it because it is loaded with references to primary source material.

I highly recommend it to you Tolko. It is full of excellent research and a person in your field might find it interesting. It goes extremely in depth because it is based on the material and records captured from Iraq including original documents, recordings of meetings, etc.

JPS
23-02-2016, 13:20
it is loaded with references to primary source material.

Come on Fenrir, we all know the wally doesn't do primary source material; only hearsay, conjecture and rumour.

Russian Lad
23-02-2016, 15:26
Come on Fenrir, we all know the wally doesn't do primary source material; only hearsay, conjecture and rumour.

Can he read anything longer than an expat.ru post? I qould question his attention span. Wally, when did you read a book for the last time?:winking:

Uncle Wally
23-02-2016, 17:22
Can he read anything longer than an expat.ru post? I qould question his attention span. Wally, when did you read a book for the last time?:winking:

True it was a while ago. I read mostly articles. I can still put 2and2 together and knowing the history of America and the lies and deception they spread it is pretty easy to understand what is going on. Ok fine you you people don't want to have any morals that's your choice but I know where that leads.

Uncle Wally
23-02-2016, 17:30

So you're saying I act like the US government? "Russia bombed two hospitals" reporter, "where are these hospitals located?" US government, "we can't tell you but just take are word for it" well what proof do you have? "we can't show you?"

I'm getting tired of pointing out that America has overthrown almost all South Americans countries, was involved in an illegal invasion of Iraq and was caught on the phone discussing who should be president of Ukraine. Maybe in your "well read mind" it doesn't send off alarm bells but it should. Maybe you should try to use your imagination. Try to imagine one person who controls everything.

Fantastika
24-02-2016, 00:13

Well, is this a good thing? Or just a chance for the rebels to re-group and re-arm, to continue the war later on? One side that was winning says, "Wait! Stop the war for a minute. Recess!"

Just another "Ukraine scenario"?

US notes Russian base in Sevastopol, pushes for America-friendly regime change in Kiev.
US notes Russian base in Syria, pushes for America-friendly regime change in Damascus.

Fantastika
24-02-2016, 17:02
So what does it give you? Those who deposited rubles, say, in 2013 and are getting 6%, they would have gained way more (the interest like 40 times more in rubles, not 6% but 250%+!!!) if they just kept USD or Euros under their mattresses - the dollar cost 30 rubles in 2013, it is 76 rubles now, do the math %-wise.

So you made good decision and traded in your rubles a couple of years ago. But you can't keep doing the same thing, it won't work continually. I doubt the ruble will fall much lower. Oil is at bottom price and sanctions are full. What more can West do to harm Russian economy? Can they bomb Volga factories in "economic warfare"? :rofl:

Should have bought gold, like I said (I would have bought gold call options, leverages your cash):

http://www.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/cotd/022316/now-time-buy-gold-and-silver-gld-slv-gld-slv-abx.aspx

I'm looking for another nice $20 rise today. :)

Nobbynumbnuts
25-02-2016, 01:13
Interesting article in Bloomberg Business...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-24/another-oil-crash-is-coming-and-there-may-be-no-recovery

Another Oil Crash Is Coming, and There May Be No Recovery
Superior electric cars are on their way, and they could begin to wreck oil markets within a decade.
It’s time for oil investors to start taking electric cars seriously.

In the next two years, Tesla and Chevy plan to start selling electric cars with a range of more than 200 miles priced in the $30,000 range. Ford is investing billions, Volkswagen is investing billions, and Nissan and BMW are investing billions. Nearly every major carmaker—as well as Apple and Google—is working on the next generation of plug-in cars.
This is a problem for oil markets. OPEC still contends that electric vehicles will make up just 1 percent of global car sales in 2040. Exxon's forecast is similarly dismissive.
The oil price crash that started in 2014 was caused by a glut of unwanted oil, as producers started cranking out about 2 million barrels a day more than the market supported. Nobody saw it coming, despite the massively expanding oil fields across North America. The question is: How soon could electric vehicles trigger a similar oil glut by reducing demand by the same 2 million barrels?
That's the subject of the first installment of Bloomberg’s new animated web series Sooner Than You Think, which examines some of the biggest transformations in human history that haven’t happened quite yet. Tomorrow, analysts at Bloomberg New Energy Finance will weigh in with a comprehensive analysis of where the electric car industry is headed.
Even amid low gasoline prices last year, electric car sales jumped 60 percent worldwide. If that level of growth continues, the crash-triggering benchmark of 2 million barrels of reduced demand could come as early as 2023. That's a crisis. The timing of new technologies is difficult to predict, but it may not be long before it becomes impossible to ignore.

Oil producers better have a plan B ready, just in case...:winking:

Uncle Wally
25-02-2016, 01:27
In other news India and Russia agree to trade in national currency and not the dollar. Also agreements on nuclear power plants, weapons and a general **** the USofA.

Fantastika
25-02-2016, 02:39
Interesting article in Bloomberg Business...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-24/another-oil-crash-is-coming-and-there-may-be-no-recovery

Another Oil Crash Is Coming, and There May Be No Recovery
Superior electric cars are on their way, and they could begin to wreck oil markets within a decade.
It’s time for oil investors to start taking electric cars seriously.

In the next two years, Tesla and Chevy plan to start selling electric cars with a range of more than 200 miles priced in the $30,000 range. Ford is investing billions, Volkswagen is investing billions, and Nissan and BMW are investing billions. Nearly every major carmaker—as well as Apple and Google—is working on the next generation of plug-in cars.
This is a problem for oil markets. OPEC still contends that electric vehicles will make up just 1 percent of global car sales in 2040. Exxon's forecast is similarly dismissive.
The oil price crash that started in 2014 was caused by a glut of unwanted oil, as producers started cranking out about 2 million barrels a day more than the market supported. Nobody saw it coming, despite the massively expanding oil fields across North America. The question is: How soon could electric vehicles trigger a similar oil glut by reducing demand by the same 2 million barrels?
That's the subject of the first installment of Bloomberg’s new animated web series Sooner Than You Think, which examines some of the biggest transformations in human history that haven’t happened quite yet. Tomorrow, analysts at Bloomberg New Energy Finance will weigh in with a comprehensive analysis of where the electric car industry is headed.
Even amid low gasoline prices last year, electric car sales jumped 60 percent worldwide. If that level of growth continues, the crash-triggering benchmark of 2 million barrels of reduced demand could come as early as 2023. That's a crisis. The timing of new technologies is difficult to predict, but it may not be long before it becomes impossible to ignore.

Oil producers better have a plan B ready, just in case...:winking:

Two things: One, I agree with you that the days of the polluting, gas-guzzling 2-ton personal tank on wheels, are numbered. Just as horse-drawn wagons became outmoded, so will petrol-powered cars. Two, where does the electricity come from that powers and daily recharges those magnum-kilo batteries? Hmmm? Does it come from OIL-fueled electrical generating stations? Yep.

Does it cost more, in terms of energy, to get a mile of travel from a "battery" (oil) car, or a gasoline-powered car? Answer, it costs twice as much (twice as inefficient) to power a car using "electricity" (which is actually supplied by an oil-fueled power plant).

So in terms of charging and re-charging all these "battery" cars, we will need twice as much oil as before. :)

Russian Lad
25-02-2016, 07:16
Answer, it costs twice as much (twice as inefficient) to power a car using "electricity" (which is actually supplied by an oil-fueled power plant).

So in terms of charging and re-charging all these "battery" cars, we will need twice as much oil as before.

Any links to support this claim?

But you can't keep doing the same thing, it won't work continually. I doubt the ruble will fall much lower.

Take a look at this table, the third column, "rubles per dollar" - http://www.opoccuu.com/kurs.htm. Quite an interesting trip into history. Ruble is not a global reserve currency, so dollar will always be the King, at least in the foreseeable future. Those stupid Russians who have thought otherwise and have been dumb enough to just keep their ruble accounts have already suffered heavy, mind-blowing losses. These Russians have been duly and severely punished for their arrogance, haughtiness and lack of basic understanding of global economics. So, I take the money and let the kvas patriots eat their own wet dreams for dinner. Bon appetit...

Nobbynumbnuts
25-02-2016, 08:51
The percentage of electricity generated from oil is actually quite small...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_energy_consumption

Armoured
25-02-2016, 09:32
Does it come from OIL-fueled electrical generating stations? Yep.

Nope. Except possibly in Saudi Arabia, Iran, a few other oil-producing countries, and to a much lesser degree Japan.

Does it cost more, in terms of energy, to get a mile of travel from a "battery" (oil) car, or a gasoline-powered car? Answer, it costs twice as much (twice as inefficient) to power a car using "electricity" (which is actually supplied by an oil-fueled power plant).

Not true. Apart from the fact that very little electricity produced from oil, internal combustion engines for cars generally top out at 20% efficiency (meaning how much of the energy in the gasoline/petrol is converted into energy used for movement and the alternator, etc). Most of the rest is waste heat, only a tiny portion of which can be used (for heating the car). Electric motors are much more efficient at converting directly into kinetic energy, even accounting for the battery, grid loss, and various other losses - like three times as efficient. And of course large amounts of electricity are produced by hydro, and increasingly by wind and solar.

Even electricity produced from fossil-fired thermal plants (usually coal and natural gas) are not necessarily net-net worse in terms of overall efficiency if used to power electric cars, because big steam turbine plants can use technologies that aren't possible in a small (car-sized) engine - so they can get up to 50% efficiency, before using waste heat for combined heat and power (e.g. district heating or industrial heat), which can increase that efficiency ratio further.

So there's no case to say that moving to electric cars will increase demand for oil.

Russian Lad
25-02-2016, 16:04
http://www.interfax.ru/russia/496014

So, Wally, next time you buy your bread for 11 rubles, kindly inquire about the percentage of cattle wheat in it...

Uncle Wally
25-02-2016, 16:44

So, Wally, next time you buy your bread for 11 rubles, kindly inquire about the percentage of cattle wheat in it...

I don't buy bread. Just made cutlets for my girlfriend once. Most bread is bad, they put some chemical in bread now. That's even in America. Didn't you hear Subway saying they would take it out a year ago.

Benedikt
25-02-2016, 17:14

RL don't get your knickers into a knot. the first line of the article saidMoscow. 24 February.
INTERFAX.RU - The Russian Grain Union recognize that there are cases of the use of feed wheat intended for animal feed, while baking bread.
this does not mean it is used generally or for all cheap bread.
there are scoundrels everywhere, palmoil in cheese instead of milk,in Russia.
WOOD (=cellulose=) in Parmesan. some grated parmesan contained no cheese, Parmesan that is, at all. this is a big scandal now in the USA.
Horse meat in Ravioli,in Germany and Austria, was declared as beef..
MARS is recalling millions of Mars,Snickers and the likes in 50 countries, (www.bild.de) because someone found a piece of plastic in one of the bars.
PORK or BEEF declared in sausages can be anything but MEAT but bits and parts that you do not even want to know. as long as they come from these two animals.
the list can go on and on. no one makes a big fuss anymore...

by the way do you know what is 5th grade of wheat? what it may or might contain that it is called feeders grade? i have compared USA and CANADIAN wheat gradings. just wanted to see. they are as different as apples and pears. maybe you find out first from ROSTRBNADSOR what is RUSSIAN feeders grade wheat....

Uncle Wally
25-02-2016, 18:13
Oh Ben his knickers are tied into a permanent knot.

Oh a lighter side. I read that a woman eating in a Seattle restaurant found a very rare blue pearl in her meal! It is worth $600 and the restaurant said sales are now booming for that dish!

Russian Lad
25-02-2016, 18:49

Oh a lighter side. I read that a woman eating in a Seattle restaurant found a very rare blue pearl in her meal! It is worth $600 and the restaurant said sales are now booming for that dish!

My knickers are laughing - at you, not with you.

Benedikt
25-02-2016, 19:11

must have been a PR stunt.. the wife=girlfriend= lover of the Chef?pearls grow only in oysters. and they are opened in the kitchen. if the Chef/cook/help did not see it,they must have been blind indeed....

Uncle Wally
25-02-2016, 19:14
must have been a PR stunt.. the wife=girlfriend= lover of the Chef?pearls grow only in oysters. and they are opened in the kitchen. if the Chef/cook/help did not see it,they must have been blind indeed....

That is just the same thing I thought.

FatAndy
25-02-2016, 19:19
Some secret personal details about Tolik, RL and Wally moved to Bardak. Feel free to discuss them there.

Please get closer to Russian economy, torn into pieces (© by Barak Husseinovich) for the last 400 years...

:emote_popcorn:

FatAndy
25-02-2016, 20:54
must have been a PR stunt..
As same as Apple vs FBI noise :D

Or, if we get closer to birch trees, cakes attacks against Kasianov and Navalny.

Russian Lad
25-02-2016, 20:58
Some secret personal details about Tolik, RL and Wally moved to Bardak. Feel free to discuss them there.

Please get closer to Russian economy, torn into pieces (© by Barak Husseinovich) for the last 400 years...

You have misquoted Mister Obama's wise words, he said "Russia is isolated and its economy is in tatters". Learn it by heart and repeat it every day please till you memorize it.:smug: It is crucial for the healing process that you and other kvas patriots quote the doctor correctly.:)

Uncle Wally
25-02-2016, 22:21
You have misquoted Mister Obama's wise words, he said "Russia is isolated and its economy is in tatters". Learn it by heart and repeat it every day please till you memorize it.:smug: It is crucial for the healing process that you and other kvas patriots quote the doctor correctly.:)

No it's called"brainwashing" and you can do it just as good or better for yourself if you think, I am the master of my world and I will not let anyone or anything astray me from my path of enlightenment.

Think for yourself. Maybe you should stop reading books?

Russian Lad
25-02-2016, 23:33
Think for yourself. Maybe you should stop reading books?

Wally showing his true brown colors, how nice. Remind us the name of the leader who despised books and even liked to burn them... I am glad my assumptions are proven again and again by you, thanks for that. It helps me understand what sort of Darkness&Evil I am facing. Like I said, the cure is being administered.

Russian Lad
26-02-2016, 17:00
Official stats: 19 million of Russians live below the official poverty threshold (10K rubles per month): https://news.mail.ru/society/24965881/?frommail=1
"It is acceptable, I don't see a problem at all", says mister Topilin, the minister of labor of the Russian Federation.

Fantastika
26-02-2016, 17:52

What? :rofl:

Yesterday, Obama said (I heard it repeatedly endlessly, every 30-60 minutes on the "news") that "We (America) are winning the fight against ISIS, We are hitting them hard, bombing them every day, and driving them back and victory is soon ours, blah, blah blah..."

Don't rely on the word of a serial, a pathological liar.

Fantastika
26-02-2016, 20:56
Official stats: 19 million of Russians live below the official poverty threshold (10K rubles per month): https://news.mail.ru/society/24965881/?frommail=1
"It is acceptable, I don't see a problem at all", says mister Topilin, the minister of labor of the Russian Federation.

Why don't they (whoever "they" are) re-define the "official poverty line" as 20k rubles per month. Then there will be 39 million Russian living in "official" poverty. :rofl:

Why not define "poverty" as less than $1 billion? :rofl:

Russian Lad
26-02-2016, 23:55
Kindly note that no kvas patriots are posting. You may laugh your arse off, it is very convenient doing that from the US, and of course you know much better what is going on here in Russia from the safe distance of some thousands of miles than I do, but THEY know I am right and they are f'cked, - good, proper and for a long time... Which is good and correct.

FatAndy
27-02-2016, 12:14
You have misquoted Mister Obama's wise words, he said "Russia is isolated and its economy is in tatters".
The lick was counted and the parcel with Viikie-Cookies on the way. ;)

Fantastika
27-02-2016, 12:17
Kindly note that no kvas patriots are posting. You may laugh your arse off, it is very convenient doing that from the US, and of course you know much better what is going on here in Russia from the safe distance of some thousands of miles than I do, but THEY know I am right and they are f'cked, - good, proper and for a long time... Which is good and correct.

I'm only ridiculing the social scientists who bestowed us hoi polloi with the concept of a "poverty line (threshold)." In addition to being an arbitrary and capricious "standard" and yet another rationale for the "poor" and the grievance-laden media to engage in class envy, it also helps employ millions of social service bureaucrats who collect billions in taxes, deduct about half for their salaries, bonuses and pensions, then redistribute the remainder to the "poor" in the never-ending, ongoing "War on Poverty."

Anyway, the real cost of living for a resident of Moscow is about 5x higher than for a resident of Krasnofimsk, so a 10K ruble "poverty line" can not be valid for both places.

It is an endless class struggle, this War on Poverty. Great victories were won in 1919, and in 2008 and 2012.

The generals of the intelligentsia use the media to stir up the troops of the proletariat, who take from the bourgeois, insuring everyone will eventually be destitute (except for the spiffy bureaucrats in their Toyota Land Cruisers).

Curious, the percentage of people in "poverty" is about the same in the CCCP as in the USSA.

*This message sponsored by UPP (United Poverty Pimps).

Uncle Wally
27-02-2016, 13:38

Could it have been that it's FRIDAY and they had better things to do?

Russian Lad
27-02-2016, 14:25
Could it have been that it's FRIDAY and they had better things to do?

Quite probably you are right, things like rushing to obmenniks while dollars are relatively cheap again, to save their rubles from losing like 70% of their value again... But it is hard to tell, maybe they still harbor useless illusions, regardless of the fact that they have paid through the nose for their mistakes and stupidity already. :tongue::smug: Me, I am always busy, Friday or Sunday, I don't give a d/mn. Anyway, you seem to have lost quite a bunch of kvas cheerleaders here, where are all those penkas, tgps, vickys, okieys and so forth? They are all gone, because they are f'cked and they know it... You don't realize it only because you use heavy drugs and alcohol every day. But the day of reckoning will come even for you, buddy, you are in Russia, after all.

Anyway, the real cost of living for a resident of Moscow is about 5x higher than for a resident of Krasnofimsk, so a 10K ruble "poverty line" can not be valid for both places.

You are telling me, say, food is 5X more expensive in Moscow than in the regions? Moscow is doing relatively well salaries-wise only because 80% of the RF money is in Moscow. But I assure you you cannot make a living on 10K anywhere here in Russia. Barely surviving - maybe that's possible, but not for a very long time.

Uncle Wally
27-02-2016, 15:20
Quite probably you are right, things like rushing to obmenniks while dollars are relatively cheap again, to save their rubles from losing like 70% of their value again... But it is hard to tell, maybe they still harbor useless illusions, regardless of the fact that they have paid through the nose for their mistakes and stupidity already. :tongue::smug: Me, I am always busy, Friday or Sunday, I don't give a d/mn. Anyway, you seem to have lost quite a bunch of kvas cheerleaders here, where are all those penkas, tgps, vickys, okieys and so forth? They are all gone, because they are f'cked and they know it... You don't realize it only because you use heavy drugs and alcohol every day. But the day of reckoning will come even for you, buddy, you are in Russia, after all.

You are telling me, say, food is 5X more expensive in Moscow than in the regions? Moscow is doing relatively well salaries-wise only because 80% of the RF money is in Moscow. But I assure you you cannot make a living on 10K anywhere here in Russia. Barely surviving - maybe that's possible, but not for a very long time.

Look "used" please notice the past tense about my drug use. We are all going to meet our day of reckoning so why can't you relax and enjoy the scenery? Heard any good jokes lately?

Fantastika
27-02-2016, 17:56

Obviously I am talking about real estate - renting and/or owning - which is why Moscow won title of "World's Most Expensive City."

Nobbynumbnuts
27-02-2016, 18:28
......which is why Moscow won title of "World's Most Expensive City."

Moscow not even in the top ten :rolleyes:

1.Monaco
2. Hong Kong
3. London
4. New York
5. Singapore
6. Geneva
7. Sydney
8. Shanghai
9. Paris
10. Los Angeles

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/abroad/the-worlds-10-most-expensive-cities-2015/

Fantastika
27-02-2016, 18:34
What do you do, fact-check every sentence I post? How anal.

Moscow "won" - the verb is conjugated "win-won-has won." "Won" is past tense. At one time, 2 years ago, Moscow was the "Most Expensive City in the World."

I did not say "Moscow IS the most expensive in the world", I said "Moscow WON title of "World's Most Expensive City." I phrased it like that to discredit lurking anal analysts.

BTW, "Monaco" is not a "city", it is a "principality." Singapore is a country, not a city. So tell that to the dumbo reporters and reporterettes at the Telegraph when they compile another list of "cities."

Nobbynumbnuts
27-02-2016, 18:36

Moscow "won" - the verb is conjugated "win-won-has won." "Won" is past tense. At one time, 2 years ago, Moscow was the "Most Expensive City in the World."

I did not say "Moscow IS the most expensive in the world", I said "Moscow WON title of "World's Most Expensive City." I phrased it like that to discredit lurking anal analysts.

..check your facts before posting or join Wally in Wally World! Moscow WAS is hardly relevant now, is it?

Fantastika
27-02-2016, 18:40
Knobby, you win hippopotamus-size prize every week - everything you post is always wrong. How do you do it?

Nobbynumbnuts
27-02-2016, 18:43
Knobby, you win hippopotamus-size prize every week - everything you post is always wrong. How do you do it?

..just check your facts before posting, easy to do OR post bullsh*t. Up to you! :winking:

Uncle Wally
27-02-2016, 18:43
Moscow not even in the top ten :rolleyes:

1.Monaco
2. Hong Kong
3. London
4. New York
5. Singapore
6. Geneva
7. Sydney
8. Shanghai
9. Paris
10. Los Angeles

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/abroad/the-worlds-10-most-expensive-cities-2015/

Oh yeah the "Telegraph" knows so much and never lies!

Why haven't you trolled in my Kennedy thread? Flabbergasted? Hiding from the truth? The truth is all the people lying to you your whole life were having sex with children or covering it up. Keep believing the degenerates that run your government because what do you have to lose?

Uncle Wally
27-02-2016, 18:55
..check your facts before posting or join Wally in Wally World! Moscow WAS is hardly relevant now, is it?

What "facts"? The facts controlled by your controllers? Blind and in denial. You don't want to see the truth, just let Hollywood and cheap vodka entertain you while you hope you die before you feel any real pain. I really would like to see a law that says selfish people without children should shut the **** up about our future.

Uncle Wally
27-02-2016, 19:05
..ah, the other lunatic arrives. And guess what? America is on the menu! Quelle surprise! :laughing:

Yeah a "lunatic" comes and reminds you that all your "heroes" were raping children! Funny how the media kind of forgot the royal family huh? But you don't want to talk about that. You only want to talk about your "facts". Go ahead tell us what Robert Kennedy was talking about. Coward

Nobbynumbnuts
27-02-2016, 19:06
...the prosecution rests it's case m'lud! :laughing:

Uncle Wally
27-02-2016, 19:18
...the prosecution rests it's case m'lud! :laughing:

Come on try to "prosecute" me. Mr denial. ****ing fool.

Uncle Wally
27-02-2016, 23:46
Poor Wally.

Poor Wally? I am not the one crying about my life and wishing people suffer just so they may protest and sacrifice themselves so I may live easy. Why don't you get out on the streets and give up something for the "fight"?

Unknown by you but you are fighting for your own slavery.

I am guessing that you have sat at home and read too many books your mother has bought for you to have enough gumption to go out and take life for yourself. You are exceptional because most would sit quietly and wait, but you prefer to whine and scream and demand that someone give you something because, well just because you whine and scream. Maybe you're not crying loud enough? Or in the right places. Try the metro! Many people come and go through the metro on their way to work.

TolkoRaz
28-02-2016, 00:12

BTW, "Monaco" is not a "city", it is a "principality." Singapore is a country, not a city. So tell that to the dumbo reporters and reporterettes at the Telegraph when they compile another list of "cities."

Is Hong Kong a city?

Russian Lad
28-02-2016, 06:04
I am guessing that you have sat at home and read too many books your mother has bought for you to have enough gumption to go out and take life for yourself.

Let me ask you this, Wally, I am just curious. You have been on this forum in the capacity of a "Wally" for about 570 days and have written 6445 posts - that's like 11 (eleven) posts per day on average, including weekends. I post here very often, but take me - 12309 posts since 2007 - that's like 4 posts per day, three times less than you on average. So, you are telling us you have a meaningful life, really??? Are you paid with borsch for your efforts?:)
I mean, if we apply your definitions and assume I am a miserable loser who just reads books and whines here on the forum, unable to go outside and to change anything, it means you are a miserable loser three times more than I am (only the one who has skipped the books reading part)...
By the way, my mother doesn't know English, so I had to go outside to get the books myself. Well, at least I know your language, doubt your knowledge of Russian is even remotely close to my knowledge of English, French, Spanish or even German. Which makes you an uneducated riff-and-raff, a redneck semi-prole and a nothing nobody who should be happy I am even talking to him...:) That's even before we begin discussing your heavy drugs and alcohol abuse.

Uncle Wally
28-02-2016, 06:31
Let me ask you this, Wally, I am just curious. You have been on this forum in the capacity of a "Wally" for about 570 days and have written 6445 posts - that's like 11 (eleven) posts per day on average, including weekends. I post here very often, but take me - 12309 posts since 2007 - that's like 4 posts per day, three times less than you on average. So, you are telling us you have a meaningful life, really??? Are you paid with borsch for your efforts?:)
I mean, if we apply your definitions and assume I am a miserable loser who just reads books and whines here on the forum, unable to go outside and to change anything, it means you are a miserable loser three times more than I am (only the one who has skipped the books reading part)...
By the way, my mother doesn't know English, so I had to go outside to get the books myself. Well, at least I know your language, doubt your knowledge of Russian is even remotely close to my knowledge of English, French, Spanish or even German. Which makes you an uneducated riff-and-raff, a redneck semi-prole and a nothing nobody who should be happy I am even talking to him...:) That's even before we begin discussing your heavy drugs and alcohol abuse.

Riff raff? Scallywag? Just because you learned something doesn't mean you know it all.

And even me being "riff raff" at least I have the decency not to cheer on people who support terrorist. You don't seem to care.

Russian Lad
28-02-2016, 07:39
Riff raff? Scallywag? Just because you learned something doesn't mean you know it all.

And even me being "riff raff" at least I have the decency not to cheer on people who support terrorist. You don't seem to care.

I didn't claim I know it all. If you believe the West and the Western governments are terrorists, which you seem to believe, at least as far as the US are concerned, why hasn't Russia stopped all trade and hasn't severed all economic and other ties with the pernicious EU, with Japan, Canada, Australia and, most importantly, with the evil US of A??? You are not being logical again. You are so freakingly infelicitous, Wally, always poking your fingers randomly at the sound of movement in a dark room full of sharp rotating blades and shouting "Light! I see the light!" But only the sound of chopped and crushed bones followed by your guttural screams echo in the dim corridor.
You haven't answered my question related to the number of your posts. Please do, I am all ears.:smug::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Uncle Wally
28-02-2016, 09:18
I didn't claim I know it all. If you believe the West and the Western governments are terrorists, which you seem to believe, at least as far as the US are concerned, why hasn't Russia stopped all trade and hasn't severed all economic and other ties with the pernicious EU, with Japan, Canada, Australia and, most importantly, with the evil US of A??? You are not being logical again. You are so freakingly infelicitous, Wally, always poking your fingers randomly at the sound of movement in a dark room full of sharp rotating blades and shouting "Light! I see the light!" But only the sound of chopped and crushed bones followed by your guttural screams echo in the dim corridor.
You haven't answered my question related to the number of your posts. Please do, I am all ears.:smug::yawn::yawn::yawn:

It's my native language so I type faster than you.

Judge
28-02-2016, 11:01

It's down to his comprehension skills, he comes up with whatever he thinks best suits.

See here, we are trying to talk about jfk and secret ops, but he comes up with bankers, well, they do say there's a backing conspiracy, so maybe he's half right,
http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?671195-Kennedy-knows-why-Assad-is-so-bad&p=1442397#post1442397

Nobbynumbnuts
28-02-2016, 11:12
........See here, we are trying to talk about jfk and secret ops..........[/url]

Secret ops, conspiracy theories, your like a kid in short trousers! :laughing:

Judge
28-02-2016, 11:24
Secret ops, conspiracy theories, your like a kid in short trousers! :laughing:

Time for another game of operation, :smug: you lost the last one..

Fantastika
28-02-2016, 11:44
Is Hong Kong a city?

Hong Kong, in Chinese, is Xiang Gang, I think, or "Fragrant (sweet-smelling) Harbor." So Chinese people do have a sense of humor!

Nobbynumbnuts
28-02-2016, 11:50
:laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS1_hqw12UI

FatAndy
28-02-2016, 12:17
Hong Kong, in Chinese, is Xiang Gang, I think, or "Fragrant (sweet-smelling) Harbor." So Chinese people do have a sense of humor!
Well, near Wan Chai you can find a couple of places with... erhmm... smell ;) As same as in any other Chinese or, in general, Asian city.

Russian Lad
28-02-2016, 18:19
It's my native language so I type faster than you.

I doubt that.:) Due to the nature of my work, I have produced thousands of pages in English in my life, just as in Russian. And not just typed them, translated them from other languages, sometimes up to 20 pages per day. So, give us a better reason.

Uncle Wally
28-02-2016, 19:04
I doubt that.:) Due to the nature of my work, I have produced thousands of pages in English in my life, just as in Russian. And not just typed them, translated them from other languages, sometimes up to 20 pages per day. So, give us a better reason.

You are never satisfied! Ok but it will take some time.

Fantastika
28-02-2016, 19:19

You never heard of OCR?

Uncle Wally
28-02-2016, 19:59
You never heard of OCR?

OCR?

Obviously Care for Russia?

No he hasn't.

TolkoRaz
28-02-2016, 21:22

It was listed above by NobbyNumbNuts in Post 3582 as the 2nd most expensive city it the World.

As I questioned, I do not believe that Hong Kong is a city and neither is Monaco or Singapore (Post 3582 refers)! :10310:

Nobbynumbnuts
28-02-2016, 21:50
It was listed above by NobbyNumbNuts in Post 3582 as the 2nd most expensive city it the World.

As I questioned, I do not believe that Hong Kong is a city and neither is Monaco or Singapore (Post 3582 refers)! :10310:

..all rather irrelevant as Moscow is NOT the most expensive city in the world and hasn't been for a number of years

But your wrong anyway:
Singapore & Monaco are city states
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City-state
Hong Kong is listed as the 14th largest city in China
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_China_by_population_and_built-up_area :winking:

Fantastika
29-02-2016, 04:54
OCR?

Obviously Care for Russia?

No he hasn't.

Optical Character Recognition. Russian Lad was saying he types up all those pages of translation - the easy way to do it is scan the page of text, and run it through an OCR. Then take the resultant file and run it through a machine translator. That's 90% of the work done in a couple of minutes, all you have to do is correct the errors. But Russian Lad does it the hard way, he prefers to bang his head against the wall instead of using the ladder and climbing over the wall! :) He probably doesn't use Voice to Text either.

Russian Lad
29-02-2016, 06:05
Optical Character Recognition. Russian Lad was saying he types up all those pages of translation - the easy way to do it is scan the page of text, and run it through an OCR. Then take the resultant file and run it through a machine translator. That's 90% of the work done in a couple of minutes, all you have to do is correct the errors. But Russian Lad does it the hard way, he prefers to bang his head against the wall instead of using the ladder and climbing over the wall! :) He probably doesn't use Voice to Text either.

It just shows you know nothing about the translation industry. Only very easy texts can be edited after the machine translation. If what you have just said was possible tens of thousands of translators would be out of work now. My employers would not bother sending me texts for translation if they could just use google.translate or something similar. But such services are pretty much useless in most cases when it comes to contracts, technical documentation, most of the marketing texts and so forth. It will change only after the humans invent machines with artificial intellect - i.e. the ones able to think for themselves and process abstract ideas with the same efficiency as the human brain. But if that happens many jobs will not be needed in a variety of economic sectors. The machines will basically take over most of the work such as driving, cleaning, cooking, navigating ships and flying planes, even hosting tv shows. But I doubt it will happen in the near future.

Fantastika
29-02-2016, 06:13
It just shows you know nothing about the translation industry. Only very easy texts can be edited after the machine translation. If what you have just said was possible tens of thousands of translators would be out of work now. My employers would not bother sending me texts for translation if they could just use google.translate or something similar. But such services are pretty much useless in most cases when it comes to contracts, technical documentation, most of the marketing texts and so forth. It will change only after the humans invent machines with artificial intellect - i.e. the ones able to think for themselves and process abstract ideas with the same efficiency as the human brain. But if that happens many jobs will not be needed in a variety of economic sectors. The machines will basically take over most of the work such as driving, cleaning, navigating ships and flying planes, even hosting tv shows. But I doubt it will happen in the near future.

Yes, I can see you talked yourself out of doing things the easy way! I suppose if you were around in 1900, and your neighbors were getting a new Ford, you would have said, "Hey, I'm keeping my horse!" :)

Russian Lad
29-02-2016, 06:16
Yes, I can see you talked yourself out of doing it the easy way! I suppose if you were around in 1900, and your neighbors were getting a new Ford, you would have said, "Hey, I'm keeping my horse!"

You seem to have trouble with reading and comprehending or something.

Fantastika
29-02-2016, 13:56
You seem to have trouble with reading and comprehending or something.

Moi? Who got 99th percentile on SAT's in high school, highest score in school on ACT (beat my cousin by a point), and perfect 800's on GRE's, both Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning?

Yes, no comprendo y no entiendo. :)

Fantastika
29-02-2016, 14:30
Being that there is an additional day in February this year, that will boost February's GDP by 3% !

Heck, why not just tack on an extra 36 days after December, so that 2016's economy would be 10% higher, an astounding "growth rate" ... :)

TolkoRaz
29-02-2016, 15:18
Moi? Who got 99th percentile on SAT's in high school, highest score in school on ACT (beat my cousin by a point), and perfect 800's on GRE's, both Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning?

Prove it!

Russian Lad
29-02-2016, 17:41
Quote Originally Posted by Fantastika View Post

So, why are you unable to understand simple English then? Maybe you need to be reexamined?:smug: I mean, I have been in the translation industry for like 15 years, wouldn't it be logical to assume that I know about it a bit more than you do? You were wrong regarding everything - first of all, there is no need for optical recognition because like 99% of the texts to be translated are provided by customers in an electronic format these days and secondly, like I have already said, machine translation and the subsequent post-editing are not a feasible option in quite many cases - in other words, it can be done with almost any text, but editing this mess would require even more time than translating from scratch.

fenrir
29-02-2016, 17:44
http://www.seattletimes.com/business/russian-industry-workers-squeezed-but-scared-of-speaking-out/

It seems the auto industry has been hit pretty hard. I feel sorry for the workers. I am pretty certain the management isn't experiencing any wage arrears.

Fantastika
29-02-2016, 18:10
Prove it!

Sorry, not going to reveal personal bio-data on a public forum. Never again.

Fantastika
29-02-2016, 18:23
So, why are you unable to understand simple English then? Maybe you need to be reexamined?:smug: I mean, I have been in the translation industry for like 15 years, wouldn't it be logical to assume that I know about it a bit more than you do? You were wrong regarding everything - first of all, there is no need for optical recognition because like 99% of the texts to be translated are provided by customers in an electronic format these days and secondly, like I have already said, machine translation and the subsequent post-editing are not a feasible option in quite many cases - in other words, it can be done with almost any text, but editing this mess would require even more time than translating from scratch.

We already had this discussion, and disagreed then, too, about machine translations. I use MT and OCR as occasional tools, you totally ignore them. You're the one with blinders on. Anyway, I have been in the foreign language/education/translation business for longer than you, and I have been doing a wider variety of languages (Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese and Spanish). I even worked with Signing (Fingerspelling) and Pig Latin! :) I have also written and published two books - one on how to learn Chinese (for English speakers) and another on how to learn Spanish (for English speakers). I looking for some help to finish mostly-completed books on Russian for English-speakers and English for Russian-speakers. These are not long books, maybe 150 pages max. when complete. The books accompany CD's with audio files. I also want to make (convert to) Android and I-Phone apps, all ten language learning software modules, since the resolution of the pictures on the CD is only 640 x 480, good for small smart-phone screen.

Russian Lad
29-02-2016, 18:28
I have been doing a wider variety of languages (Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese and Spanish)

You obviously don't know all these languages, at least well enough to translate from them. So, let me guess, machine-translating texts, doing some post-editing and giving it back to unsuspecting clients as a genuine product, that's what you were doing? One can do it for some time, but one cannot keep cheating indefinitely, the quality of the end product in most cases will be extremely poor. That's why you are not in the translation industry anymore.:) It is not like I have never tried machine translation and post-editing - in 9 cases out of 10 it was just a complete waste of time, in 1 case out of 10 the time I spent on this and on translating from scratch was basically the same. Once again, machine translation will be as effective as human translation only after we invent and fully introduce a capable artificial intellect matching the intellect of the human brain.

Uncle Wally
29-02-2016, 19:10
http://www.seattletimes.com/business/russian-industry-workers-squeezed-but-scared-of-speaking-out/

It seems the auto industry has been hit pretty hard. I feel sorry for the workers. I am pretty certain the management isn't experiencing any wage arrears.

Or yeah we can just feel your pain. It's like those crocodile tears you shed are dripping at the feet of all Russians.

Terrible how these foreign companies can treat Russian that way in their own country. Yes it's a foreign owned company.

Fantastika
29-02-2016, 19:10
You obviously don't know all these languages, at least well enough to translate from them. So, let me guess, machine-translating texts, doing some post-editing and giving it back to unsuspecting clients as a genuine product, that's what you were doing? One can do it for some time, but one cannot keep cheating indefinitely, the quality of the end product in most cases will be extremely poor. That's why you are not in the translation industry anymore.:) It is not like I have never tried machine translation and post-editing - in 9 cases out of 10 it was just a complete waste of time, in 1 case out of 10 the time I spent on this and on translating from scratch was basically the same. Once again, machine translation will be as effective as human translation only after we invent and fully introduce a capable artificial intellect matching the intellect of the human brain.

I am not a translator/interpreter who works with single clients. We do slightly different things. I said I was in the "translation business." The software products, books and manuals I produced were tools to help people learn a foreign language. They were proofread and checked for errors, and the audio was done, by native speakers, each one of whom had a four-year university degree in their native country. That said, I used OCR on many occasions and found it an indispensable tool. I nearly forgot, I also used OCR when working on another large project, translating several smaller Euro-languages, Danish, Dutch, Norwegians, etc... It would have been impossible without OCR.

No, I am not rich now, I got screwed by a mega-corporation and my products which were first out of the door and should have captured the lion's share of the worldwide market, were instead DOA.

FatAndy
29-02-2016, 19:15

Russian Lad
29-02-2016, 19:40
I also used OCR when working on another large project, translating several smaller Euro-languages, Danish, Dutch, Norwegians, etc... It would have been impossible without OCR.

Tools to learn foreign languages and translation - those are competely different areas of human activity. I have already told you - 99% of the texts the clients supply for translation these days are in a digital form already. What do you want me to do - make screenshots, then use OCR and then transfer it back to the digital form? What would be the purpose of this weird exercise??? You seem to know nothing about translators and the work they do. Why comment on something you have no idea about?

Terrible how these foreign companies can treat Russian that way in their own country. Yes it's a foreign owned company.

Are you telling us the Russian government cannot control and influence what foreign companies do in Russia? Has the situation swerved out of control completely?

Uncle Wally
29-02-2016, 19:43
I have already told you - 99% of the texts the clients supply these days are in a digital form already. What do you want me to do - make screenshots, then use OCR and then transfer it back to the digital form? What would be the purpose of this weird exercise??? You seem to know nothing about translators and the work they do. Why comment about something you have no idea about?

Hey can you two get a room already? Or just start a new thread with all this macho "I spell better than you"?

Russian Lad
29-02-2016, 19:46
Hey can you two get a room already? Or just start a new thread with all this macho "I spell better than you"?

Stop whining and see above - there is a question for you too. We will keep you busy and will not let you go borschless, don't worry that much.

Fantastika
29-02-2016, 19:58
... You seem to know nothing about translators and the work they do. Why comment on something you have no idea about?...

You are like carpenter who refuses to use new electric power saw, prefers old-fashioned hand saw. I also use macros from Automate to do mass translations, so I don't even have to do the OCR! I just write the program, press "Enter" and walk away. The computer screen flashes several times a second as it goes here and there, pulling, pushing data, and I put a stickee on the screen to tell no one to touch the keyboard! I come back 30 minutes later, job is done, a new database constructed while I have doughnut. Hmmm, I wonder if I could combine that with self-feeding scanner, to OCR, to database compiling...

I have to do some work, unlike people who post continuously 24/7... have a nice day, with your old hand-saws! :)

Uncle Wally
29-02-2016, 20:01
Stop whining and see above - there is a question for you too. We will keep you busy and will not let you go borschless, don't worry that much.

Oh.

You couldn't imagine the whining and crying that would go on if they did. But I can't see this factory putting out many cars and they are just trying to give their workers something. I was reading today that Italy's car factories are hurting pretty good too. It's all a bad mess and mostly do to Americans actions. I now you think that Russia should just give up and sell everything to America but take a good look at how happy most Americans are. That is what's waiting for you.

Nobbynumbnuts
29-02-2016, 21:01
.....I have been in the translation industry for like 15 years, wouldn't it be logical to assume that I know about it a bit more than you do?.........

RL, you can't possible know more than Fantastica about anything. He/her has already told Singapore, Monaco and Hong Kong that they're not cities! :laughing:

fenrir
29-02-2016, 21:20
Oh.

You couldn't imagine the whining and crying that would go on if they did. But I can't see this factory putting out many cars and they are just trying to give their workers something. I was reading today that Italy's car factories are hurting pretty good too. It's all a bad mess and mostly do to Americans actions. I now you think that Russia should just give up and sell everything to America but take a good look at how happy most Americans are. That is what's waiting for you.

What do car companies in Italy have to do with Russian workers not being paid for their work in Togliatti? More deflection by the Wallster because he can't think of anything else to say.

Judge
04-03-2016, 14:43
Where are all the naysayers to remind us of the crashing ruble these days.:dont-tell-anyone:

Russian Lad
04-03-2016, 14:53
It hasn't crashed? Remind us how much it cost just recently, in 2014... It is drifting together with the oil, which means one thing - a lot of money made out of thin air. Eventually this pendulum of volatility will swerve off entirely into an uncontrolled and vicious spiral. The clock is ticking.
Or you view now 73 rubles per one dollar as a huge success? Oil is 37 now, it goes down to 27 again and the dollar will cost 83+. Besides, as I understand, Russia is going to print a whole lot of rubles, it is a disaster in the making: http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/valyuty/medvedev-poruchil-prorabotat-vklyuchenie-pechatnogo-stanka-1001084071. Quantitative easing is great for developed economies with global reserve currencies. For Russia it means only one thing - increased inflation and continuing devaluation of the ruble. Welcome to reality.
A sound advice to those mentally challenged comrades who still keep their earnings in rubles - go buy dollars today, this low rate will not be available for a long time. It is like your last chance to jump on the bandwagon.

Judge
04-03-2016, 15:02
It hasn't crashed? Remind us how much it cost just recently, in 2014... It is drifting together with the oil, which means one thing - a lot of money made out of thin air. Eventually this pendulum of volatility will swerve off entirely into an uncontrolled and vicious spiral. The clock is ticking.
Or you view now 73 rubles per one dollar as a huge success? Oil is 37 now, it goes down to 27 again and the dollar will cost 83+. Besides, as I understand, Russia is going to print a whole lot of rubles. Quantitative easing is great for developed economies with global reserve currencies. For Russia it means only one thing - increased inflation and continuing devaluation of the ruble. Welcome to reality.

I think you know how much it cost in 2014, we are in 2016 , why not compare to 2004...
We known it's drifting with oil, that's what I said when the ruble weakened ,others said, just the usual spin, but it's nothing new..You seemed to be enjoying yourself when the ruble was sliding, must be hard to see it gaining..
Expect the ruble to gain some more in a few days,OPEC is coming to town.

Russian Lad
04-03-2016, 15:07
You seemed to be enjoying yourself when the ruble was sliding, must be hard to see it gaining..

I got myself enough rubles to last me for a couple of months, have sold some euros for 89 rubles/euro. That's just for the living expenses. The currencies will keep rising. So, the only sound advice I can give to all Russians who still have money - go (in fact, run!) and buy dollars or euros now and sell some amounts on high peaks for the living expenses. Don't keep your bulk savings in rubles, under any circumstances.

OPEC is coming to town

OPEC is not coming to town. If you mean your town (they don't give a fart about your town:)). Rich people simply don't go to hobos for a dinner: http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/birzhevyye-tovary/predstaviteli-opek-ne-khotyat-ekhat-v-rossiyu-na-soveshchanie-po-dobyche-1001082999

Judge
04-03-2016, 15:10
I got myself enough rubles to last me for several months, have sold some euros for 89 rubles/euro. That's just for the living expenses. The currencies will keep rising. So, the only sound advice I can give to all Russians who still have money - go buy dollars or euros now and sell some amounts on high peaks for the living expenses. Don't keep your bulk savings in rubles, under any circumstances.

I was just missing your cool gloating posts like this one,#2848
http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?650104-economic-situation-in-russia/page72
Next time the ruble weakens a little remember about the adjustment to oil prices.

Russian Lad
04-03-2016, 15:14
Next time the ruble weakens a little remember about the adjustment to oil prices.

Even this will be thrown out of the window after they begin printing more rubles soon. They will be forced to do it, willy-nilly, but will cover it up as their "quantitative easing" great plan:). The h'll it is a plan - it is just a forced decision. So, inflation will kick in hard right after it, the population will be impoverished and jobless even more. Welcome to the next stage of the game, comrade...

Alan65
04-03-2016, 15:16
I think that simply stating the Ruble follows the price of oil is too simplistic, why when the price of oil was rising were there not these currency fluctuations.

From 2004 to 2014 the exchange rate was typically 35 Rubles to the dollar yet oil prices rose significantly.

Judge
04-03-2016, 15:22
I think that simply stating the Ruble follows the price of oil is too simplistic, why when the price of oil was rising were there not these currency fluctuations.

From 2004 to 2014 the exchange rate was typically 35 Rubles to the dollar yet oil prices rose significantly.

Before the ruble was supported ,they used to spend billions defending it, now it's a free floating currency,which in the current situation is a good thing cos of the low oil prices, unlike let's say other oil countries that are pegged to the dollar.

But you're right, it's not that simple, there's baskets and corridors, as long as the budget is kinda balanced.
A little history here of the ruble,
https://www.rt.com/business/203959-russian-ruble-free-float-bank/

Russian Lad
04-03-2016, 15:31
which in the current situation is a good thing cos of the low oil prices, unlike let's say other oil countries that are pegged to the dollar.

Good for whom? For 22 million Russian paupers living below the official poverty threshold and for millions more Russians who are about to join their ranks because of these policies? Or for the elites? Russia is also pegged to the dollar, the CB is nothing but the Federal Reserve exchange booth. They are about to print trillions of unsupported rubles - rampant inflation is imminent as a direct result of this. So, I fully support and welcome this new idea.
You are not regretting yet you have resumed posting on this thread?:)

Judge
04-03-2016, 16:01
Good for whom? For 22 million Russian paupers living below the official poverty threshold and for millions more Russians who are about to join their ranks because of these policies? Or for the elites? Russia is also pegged to the dollar, the CB is nothing but the Federal Reserve exchange booth. They are about to print trillions of unsupported rubles - rampant inflation is imminent as a direct result of this. So, I fully support and welcome this new idea.
You are not regretting yet you have resumed posting on this thread?:)

Good for the budget RL, don't you think?
No regrets, always keen to hear your expert advice and missing your posts about the ru/$-€ exchange rate..:smile:
Now you're saying Russia is pegged to the dollar,interesting. .

Russian Lad
04-03-2016, 16:11
Good for the budget RL, don't you think?
No regrets, always keen to hear your expert advice and missing your posts about the ru/$-€ exchange rate..:smile:
Now you're saying Russia is pegged to the dollar,interesting. .

Is the budget a thing for itself or it is for the people? The people are doing worse, so how come it is any good? Only the elite (which is what, 1-2% of the population?) are prospering, look up the number of expensive cars sold in Moscow in 2015 and in 2014.
Yes, it is pegged to the dollar in the macroeconomic sense. To any global reserve currency, in fact.

Judge
04-03-2016, 17:47
Is the budget a thing for itself or it is for the people? The people are doing worse, so how come it is any good? Only the elite (which is what, 1-2% of the population?) are prospering, look up the number of expensive cars sold in Moscow in 2015 and in 2014.
Yes, it is pegged to the dollar in the macroeconomic sense. To any global reserve currency, in fact.

Imagine if the ruble didn't weaken when oil price crashed, the budget deficit would be much worse than it is.
Then money spent on people would be next to nothing,you should thank the ones running the CBR for floating the currency and not blowing away billions defending the ruble.

Russian Lad
04-03-2016, 18:23
Imagine if the ruble didn't weaken when oil price crashed, the budget deficit would be much worse than it is.
Then money spent on people would be next to nothing,you should thank the ones running the CBR for floating the currency and not blowing away billions defending the ruble.

Ermmmm.... There is a saying in Russia, поздно пить Боржоми, если почки отвалились. Too late to drink mineral water if your kidneys are damaged beyond repair. Wally must learn this saying by heart. Yes, after a certain point, whatever they do it doesn't really matter. Over 10 years of high oil prices irredeemably wasted, aggressive and utterly irresponsible foreign policy has isolated the country almost completely, and the price to pay for it will be nothing short of exorbitant. The bill is already being footed, I believe, and it is just the beginning. :smug:

fenrir
04-03-2016, 20:02
Wow, this is going to be an expensive clean-up. Let's hear Wally's comments on bankers now.

How Putin's Bank Became Russia's $20 Billion Problem

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/how-putins-bank-became-russias-20-billion-problem/561318.html

fenrir
04-03-2016, 20:07
An interesting development in the natural gas market.

Build contracts awarded for European gas pipeline

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Energy-Industry/2016/03/04/Build-contracts-awarded-for-European-gas-pipeline/8741457091061/

Uncle Wally
04-03-2016, 20:33
Wow, this is going to be an expensive clean-up. Let's hear Wally's comments on bankers now.

How Putin's Bank Became Russia's $20 Billion Problem

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/how-putins-bank-became-russias-20-billion-problem/561318.html

Gee you sound so happy. You can even hide your glee.

Russian Lad
04-03-2016, 20:35
Gee you sound so happy. You can even hide your glee.

I am happy about it too. Stop whining, Wally. Face the defeat like a man. :smug:

Uncle Wally
04-03-2016, 20:54
I am happy about it too. Stop whining, Wally. Face the defeat like a man. :smug:

Nobody is defeated yet. Least off Russia. Don't be so quick to celebrate. It looks to me like America is squirming not and that's why we see such a big propaganda push. They lost out in Syria and everything they tried to destabilize Russia has backfired and has only made Putin gain support. If anyone is "losing it's America. Now only able to use threats and bullying to try to get what it wants.

Nobbynumbnuts
04-03-2016, 21:09
Where are all the naysayers to remind us of the crashing ruble these days.:dont-tell-anyone:

.. i did say a while back that i expected oil and the ruble to bottom out and move back up at some point. And that's exactly what's happening..:winking:

Uncle Wally
04-03-2016, 21:11
.. i did say a while back that i expected oil and the ruble to bottom out and move back up at some point. And that's exactly what's happening..:winking:

Duh, I think a child even knows when you're at the bottom the only other way is up.

Russian Lad
05-03-2016, 00:48
Duh, I think a child even knows when you're at the bottom the only other way is up.

Unless someone knocks from under you and yet another hatch opens up below... I think we are getting there. :smug:

Judge
06-03-2016, 08:16
It looks like the rumours about the militray cuts are true after all,like I said before, not the actions of a country that some believe is seeking world domination. :smile:

Russian Ministry of Defense budget will be reduced not by 10, but by 5 percent, according to Deputy Defense Minister Tatiana Shevtsova.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) – The Russian Defense Ministry’s budget cuts will amount to 5 percent instead of the previously reported 10 percent and will not affect the state armament and social programs, Deputy Defense Minister Tatiana Shevtsova said on Saturday.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160305/1035839016/russia-defense-budget.html#ixzz4264os3zh

Russian Lad
06-03-2016, 08:20
It looks like the rumours about the militray cuts are true after all,like I said before, not the actions of a country that some believe is seeking world domination. :smile:

Russian Ministry of Defense budget will be reduced not by 10, but by 5 percent, according to Deputy Defense Minister Tatiana Shevtsova.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) – The Russian Defense Ministry’s budget cuts will amount to 5 percent instead of the previously reported 10 percent and will not affect the state armament and social programs, Deputy Defense Minister Tatiana Shevtsova said on Saturday.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160305/1035839016/russia-defense-budget.html#ixzz4264os3zh

Did they have any other choice, with that widening gaping hole in the budget, the draconian CB interest rate and with the stalled economy? Whom are you kidding?:smug: They will be forced to print out a huge pile of rubles, too. Inflation is going to hit hard, run for cover.:music::tongue::love::love:

Judge
06-03-2016, 08:46
Did they have any other choice, with that widening gaping hole in the budget, the draconian CB interest rate and with the stalled economy? Whom are you kidding?:smug: They will be forced to print out a huge pile of rubles, too. Inflation is going to hit hard, run for cover.:music::tongue::love::love:

Yes they did, they could have made deeper cuts in other areas( like some thought they would) ,with the cut to the military budget ,Russia is in 7th place,compared to what others spend .

Russian Lad
06-03-2016, 08:59
Yes they did, they could have made deeper cuts in other areas( like some thought they would) ,with the cut to the military budget ,Russia is in 7th place,compared to what others spend .

Anything can be said only after we know what other cuts are made and in what areas. But you have jumped at some strange conclusions.

Russian Lad
09-03-2016, 13:20
The ruble falling while the oil is rising, this pivotal moment has arrived, like I predicted earlier. http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/valyuty/rubl-padaet-oprovergaya-teoriyu-nabiullinoy-1001090620

Fantastika
09-03-2016, 15:42
Unless someone knocks from under you and yet another hatch opens up below... I think we are getting there. :smug:

Sounds like that horror movie - "Final Destination" :)

Russian Lad
09-03-2016, 15:55
Sounds like that horror movie - "Final Destination" :)

It is indeed. The Final Countdown for the kvas patriots. They are having indigestion from the kvas they are drinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Uncle Wally
09-03-2016, 16:39
The ruble falling while the oil is rising, this pivotal moment has arrived, like I predicted earlier. http://www.finanz.ru/novosti/valyuty/rubl-padaet-oprovergaya-teoriyu-nabiullinoy-1001090620

The ruble is going up not down.

FatAndy
09-03-2016, 19:30

Uncle Wally
09-03-2016, 23:40

Yeah who will go down first? Them or us?

http://m.sputniknews.com/us/20160307/1035899443/us-economy-debt-bankruptcy.html

Judge
10-03-2016, 07:32
The ruble is going up not down.

Wrong, it's going sideways...

Uncle Wally
10-03-2016, 09:11
Wrong, it's going sideways...

I thought it was like the girl I met last summer? She goes both ways.

Suuryaa
10-03-2016, 09:58
I've heard an astrological prediction that in 2017-2020 a lot will change in Russia.

FatAndy
10-03-2016, 10:07
I've heard an astrological prediction that in 2017-2020 a lot will change in Russia.
USSR 2.0 ? :)

Suuryaa
11-03-2016, 09:59
USSR 2.0 ? :)

No idea :). As far as I understood, the prediction is just about radical changes, but not about if they'll be good or bad. Not that I believe in predictions, but 2017 is 10 months away, we'll see soon what'll happen.

Uncle Wally
11-03-2016, 10:23
No idea :). As far as I understood, the prediction is just about radical changes, but not about if they'll be good or bad. Not that I believe in predictions, but 2017 is 10 months away, we'll see soon what'll happen.

What astrology sign is Russia? I thought ♒ Aquarius.

Fantastika
11-03-2016, 11:38

Nostradamus says 2017-2018 will herald the beginning of a new philosophy or quasi-religious movement. Its popularity will spread worldwide and its effects on society and governments will deepen through the next few years.

Now if we can just get through 2016!

After eight years of Obama, people are desperate and will try anything!

Fantastika
11-03-2016, 11:43

It depends... when was Russia born?

Suuryaa
11-03-2016, 11:59

I don't know. If you want to know, I can give you contact information of an astrologer.

Uncle Wally
11-03-2016, 12:54
I don't know. If you want to know, I can give you contact information of an astrologer.

No that's ok I know some.

I'm guessing that it would be whatever time Moscow was founded. I thought that was in February.

FatAndy
11-03-2016, 16:08
Allah o akbar... :)

Nobbynumbnuts
13-03-2016, 01:21
If the US is less free than today's Russia, how come Americans are allowed to own firearms while Russians aren't, in their overwhelming majority? I think you have it all backwards in your poor drunken head.

..freedoms aside, the average Bangladeshi lives longer than the average Russian! :winking:

Russian Lad
13-03-2016, 07:33
Why did the Chinese give up fighting wars with gunpowder?

When did that happen in the Crazy Wally World? The Chinese don't have an army and gunpowder?

..freedoms aside, the average Bangladeshi lives longer than the average Russian!

I am slightly jealous. What about Nigerians? I am more worried about them trying to get ahead of us, we are competing hard.

FatAndy
13-03-2016, 09:42
Xenophobia, cronyism, corruption, lack of social justice and openness, the list goes on.
:agree: Yes, you're right, comrade - following so called civilized world brings such inconveniences... But "we shall overcome"©

You've forgot the most terrible sin we still have - the lack of pederastophilia :D

FatAndy
13-03-2016, 09:46
I am more worried about them trying to get ahead of us, we are competing hard.
Don't overstress, comrade!

Uncle Wally
13-03-2016, 09:50
When did that happen in the Crazy Wally World? The Chinese don't have an army and gunpowder?

I am slightly jealous. What about Nigerians? I am more worried about them trying to get ahead of us, we are competing hard.

Yes they have had to go back to it but soon after inventing gun powder the Chinese found it soo horrific they
went back to fighting with swords.

Russian Lad
13-03-2016, 10:18
the lack of pederastophilia

Is it lacking though? You sincerely hope that something will go away or stop existing if you just ban or prosecute it? Besides, in the grand scheme of things, you have to realize one thing - this gay agenda has just been used the same way your love for "red" has been used - as a condom. To give the people a false flag "we are better and greater than them" notion. Our life expectancy is short and we are poor? But we are morally superior! It is an old trick, as old as mankind - simple and effective. It is a shame you have been taken for a ride with this one.:winking:
Initially, I was actually fooled too.

soon after inventing gun powder the Chinese found it soo horrific they
went back to fighting with swords.

Oh, I see now. Why not to fighting with sticks or even bare fists? Swords can be harmful too. If I was feeding you I would put a cork onto your fork, just to keep you out of the harm's way.
You are such a Ruprect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P5qJAI9BIc

Nobbynumbnuts
13-03-2016, 10:20

..no, i believe Russians enjoy a quality of life similar to that of Nigerians! :laughing:

FatAndy
13-03-2016, 11:13
It is a shame you have been taken for a ride with this one.:winking:
Initially, I was actually fooled too.
But now you're proud knowing The TruthЪ! :D

Russian Lad
13-03-2016, 11:25
But now you're proud knowing The TruthЪ! :D

I don't know all of it, I am not Rusmeister, but some, yes.:) You also know some of it - for instance, you know the Earth is round and a man usually has one penis, not two.

TolkoRaz
13-03-2016, 12:39
..no, i believe Russians enjoy a quality of life similar to that of Nigerians! :laughing:

Have you ever been to Nigeria?

If so and unfortunately knowing Nigeria well, I am struggling to see any similarities!

FatAndy
13-03-2016, 13:17

If so and unfortunately knowing Nigeria well, I am struggling to see any similarities!
I'm afraid to disappoint you, Tolik, but for Nobby and RL their own beliefs and Agendaź of so called reputable independent Western media© may appear much more important, than somewhat your knowledge... ;)

L'alla as sayah, though... :rasta:

Russian Lad
13-03-2016, 13:29

Sergey Brin, one of the founders of Google, doesn't seem to have your difficulties, he was the one who said Russia is Nigeria covered with snow. I don't think a Russian Mukhosransk may be a lot different from a Nigerian Mukhosransk.

FatAndy
13-03-2016, 13:32
Sergey Brin, one of the founders of Google, doesn't seem to have your difficulties, he was the one who said Russia is Nigeria covered with snow.
The great specialist, indeed. In search engines. :)

Nobbynumbnuts
13-03-2016, 13:48

..not to Nigeria but Africa several times, Gambia, Senegal, Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco. Worked there too back in the 80's.

My point about life expectancy in Russia (if quantifying quality of life, the length of one's life would make up one of the predominant factors, for obvious reasons) Russia is below African countries like Egypt, Algeria, Morocco and many others. Russia is also behind N.Korea in life expectancy, Indonesia, Bangladesh (as mentioned) Cambodia among many other third world countries.

Russians are not shocked by the fact that Cambodians, N.Koreans and Bangladeshis etc etc etc, live longer than them?? (Russia is ranked 124 out of 194!!)
In any developed country such a fact would be cause for outrage and national shame. Governments would fall on the basis of how successful they were addressing the issue. How can anyone claim that the quality of life in Russia is good if life expectancy is so low?

Nobbynumbnuts
13-03-2016, 13:53
I'm afraid to disappoint you, Tolik, but for Nobby and RL their own beliefs and Agendaź of so called reputable independent Western media© may appear much more important, than somewhat your knowledge... ;)

L'alla as sayah, though... :rasta:

Info above from the World Health Organization of which Russia is a member :winking:

FatAndy
13-03-2016, 14:16
Info above from the World Health Organization of which Russia is a member :winking:
Ouch, one more NGO? ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
13-03-2016, 14:19
Ouch, one more NGO? ;)

...it's you who's dying before your time. Not me! :laughing:

FatAndy
13-03-2016, 14:24
...it's you who's dying before your time. Not me! :laughing:
:) The main thing is belief, comrade, go on.
Will see who of us will be laughing, and when ;)

Russian Lad
13-03-2016, 14:32
Ouch, one more NGO?

So, WHO is wrong regarding this? Why is Russia still its member if they cannot be trusted? Can you kindly refer us to a more reliable source? :tongue:

Nobbynumbnuts
13-03-2016, 14:36
:) The main thing is belief...........

Something else for you to believe in, comrade. Russia 72/80 in quality of life. Behind Indonesia, India, Vietnam and Sri Lanka etc.

But remember comrade, Russia is big and tough! :laughing: :laughing:

Fantastika
13-03-2016, 18:04
Earlier in this thread, we were talking about health issues, fake cheese and artificially-inflated food.

So, I tossed a leftover slice of my (American) bread onto the back lawn.

That was 4 weeks ago. It's still sitting there, untouched.

The squirrels don't nibble on it. The birds do not spear it, the mice and rats say "no thanks," the raccoons turn their snouts away. There are some wild rabbits, but they run away from it. Even the insects and bugs turn down their proboscises (probiscisi?) at it.

The animals don't want bread?

Good grief, what am I eating?

Russian Lad
13-03-2016, 18:14
Earlier in this thread, we were talking about health issues, fake cheese and artificially-inflated food.

So, I tossed a leftover slice of my (American) bread onto the back lawn.

That was 4 weeks ago. It's still sitting there, untouched.

The squirrels don't nibble on it. The birds do not spear it, the mice and rats say "no thanks," the raccoons turn their snouts away. There are some wild rabbits, but they run away from it. Even the insects and bugs turn down their proboscises (probiscisi?) at it.

The animals don't want bread?

Good grief, what am I eating?

Why do you even need bread when you seem to have so much free meat jumping around your compound? I would be having barbecue parties every day.

FatAndy
13-03-2016, 18:23
Why is Russia still its member if they cannot be trusted?
Just for a case, comrade.

Russia 72/80 in quality of life.
Ouch, one more NGO online? :)

But remember comrade, Russia is big and tough!
I know, comrade, I know.... BTW, you repeat it so often here... have something personal? :)

Russian Lad
13-03-2016, 18:34
Ouch, one more NGO online?

Once again, can you refer us to some more reliable sources?

Just for a case, comrade.

Thank you for maintaining a highly meaningful level of debate, comrade.

FatAndy
13-03-2016, 18:54
Thank you for maintaining a highly meaningful level of debate, comrade.
Always my pleasure, comrade ;)

Fantastika
13-03-2016, 18:54
Why do you even need bread when you seem to have so much free meat jumping around your compound? I would be having barbecue parties every day.

Thanks to bureaucrats, PETA and regulations/laws, animals at the barbecue would be honored guests, not the main course. It's even illegal to sell venison (deer meat).

Russian Lad
13-03-2016, 19:02
Ok, come over to Russia, get Russian citizenship, work for 300-500 dollars per month and enjoy vodka and Russian bread with Wally. You can squat together at his place.

Uncle Wally
13-03-2016, 19:47
Something else for you to believe in, comrade. Russia 72/80 in quality of life. Behind Indonesia, India, Vietnam and Sri Lanka etc.

But remember comrade, Russia is big and tough! :laughing: :laughing:

Who's making those charts? What's the criteria? If I was rich enough I to could make up some charts that make you look bad. Who is the judge of quality of life? Keep watching TV and being told what to think say and do.

Uncle Wally
13-03-2016, 19:59
Ok, come over to Russia, get Russian citizenship, work for 300-500 dollars per month and enjoy vodka and Russian bread with Wally. You can squat together at his place.

Only you work for so little. Now we know why you're so sour about life. Look I made a choice and so did you. Now live with it! I'm thinking being a drummer much more intensive than a translator. My first Russian wife worked for embassies. She's meet Putin and had to translate her bosses words it real time to one of the most powerful men in the world. And you like to whine on a forum in your spare time. She had no "spare time". Look up the word "lame"

Russian Lad
13-03-2016, 20:18
Only you work for so little. Now we know why you're so sour about life. Look I made a choice and so did you. Now live with it! I'm thinking being a drummer much more intensive than a translator. My first Russian wife worked for embassies. She's meet Putin and had to translate her bosses words it real time to one of the most powerful men in the world. And you like to whine on a forum in your spare time. She had no "spare time". Look up the word "lame"

Wally, you have turned this forum into a cesspit.:) Yes, being a drummer is way more intensive and requires way more brains.:)

Uncle Wally
13-03-2016, 21:15
Wally, you have turned this forum into a cesspit.:) Yes, being a drummer is way more intensive and requires way more brains.:)

Oh yeah try to pass off your contribution. You think your whining help's people here? You want to talk about a "cesspit" maybe we can have a real discussion about how wasteful and uncaring a capitalists way of life can be. Please tell us where we are going to pile all the dead appliances in the future? Oh America is so great because they throw away more food than some countries eat and burn up more electricity than half the rest of the planet. You know if half the world lived like Americans we'd all be dead by now! Because there would be so little resources left!

Russian Lad
13-03-2016, 21:21
how wasteful and uncaring a capitalists way of life can be

What do we have in Russia? Communism? Socialism? Wally, you have stopped making any sense whatsoever. Maybe you need to seek professional medical help?:smug: You seem to be totally screwed.

fenrir
13-03-2016, 21:31
My first Russian wife worked for embassies. She's meet Putin and had to translate her bosses words it real time to one of the most powerful men in the world. Look up the word "lame"

Lame is you if you expect us to believe that horse---t! Putin's personal interpreter married to a former American serviceman, yeah f---ing right! That's almost as good as the one about meeting a former minister in a dive bar who told you state secrets.

Uncle Wally
13-03-2016, 21:34
What do we have in Russia? Communism? Socialism? Wally, you have stopped making any sense whatsoever. Maybe you need to seek professional medical help?:smug: You seem to be totally screwed.

Oh yeah I have stopped making sense to a crazy person. That being you. Whine whine whine and if you cry loud enough maybe someone will take some sympathy on you. You know your dramatic antics don't fool me a bit even when I am drunk. You and that fool numbnuts keep trying (and I don't know why) to prove to us that our lives are some how bad, all the while we're having a really great time! Maybe we are not so superficial, maybe we are not so selfish.

TolkoRaz
13-03-2016, 22:22
You can squat together at his place.

Clearly no room at your place!

TolkoRaz
13-03-2016, 22:23

And she was allowed to marry a deep cover CIA Officer? :eek:

Russian Lad
13-03-2016, 23:05
Clearly no room at your place!

You are right, no room whatsoever, - a dimly lit, crowded apartment, scanty furniture, torn wallpaper, broken chairs, drunken brawls of neighbors in the hall (one was actually robbed just a week ago) - I am a typical victim of the ruthless capitalism and an unfair social system here. I have nothing to lose. :smug:

all the while we're having a really great time

While squatting at your friend's apartment? You are a party beast, Wally.

Uncle Wally
14-03-2016, 04:17
And she was allowed to marry a deep cover CIA Officer? :eek:

We were already married.

Her mom was a chemical engineer and they lived in a closed city. Her mom received some of the highest awards for her work. Making the fuel for nuclear weapons.

Uncle Wally
14-03-2016, 05:33
Lame is you if you expect us to believe that horse---t! Putin's personal interpreter married to a former American serviceman, yeah f---ing right! That's almost as good as the one about meeting a former minister in a dive bar who told you state secrets.

You have atrocious reading comprehension skills!

Where did I say she was Putin's "personal" interpreter? I said she had to interpret her bosses words. She was /is the personal assistant to an ambassador of one of the BRICS nations.

And where do you get I met a former minister in a dive bar? I do have a friend who worked for department of defense but now works for a private security company. Yeah one strange thing about being a musician, people love you.

Some more facts about my ex wife and her family. Her mother was the lead engineer at a factory that makes the fuel for nuclear weapons. She received some of the highest awards of the USSR! She's a very brave and intelligent woman. Her job was so dangerous that she got to retire at 45 years old. She received new year greetings every year from the governor of her state. After she retired she got bored and tried to get a job as a security guard at an office building. They wouldn't hire her because when they tried to run a security check on her they couldn't. They said "she didn't exist"! She had no foreign passport and wasn't allowed to leave the country. Her father an engineer and a chess champion. My ex wife's uncle was the head geologist in charge of oil and gas of the USSR! He came from a long geologist and before the revolution her family had a ten room mansion in the center of Grozny and controlled all the oil down there. I also lived in Raminki a district of Moscow that includes MGU. It was mostly built during the 1980 Olympics and is right next to the KGB school. My neighbors were military, police and KGB. My friend's dad was a KGB general and went on to become the head if the FMS under Yelsin.

You know my current girlfriend has been on the phone all weekend working to help the support team for a king! He's come to meet with Putin and it is her job to get them all settled.

Here she just sent me this video her boss just sent her.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=JnNnTlIi8Jo

FatAndy
14-03-2016, 09:13

Russian Lad
14-03-2016, 12:24
Wally, in all likelihood, is the most prominent and distinguished squatter on the entire planet.:tongue:

Uncle Wally
14-03-2016, 12:40
Wally, in all likelihood, is the most prominent and distinguished squatter on the entire planet.:tongue:

Just because you learned a new word doesn't mean you have to use it every time you post.

You sound very jealous that my friend asked me to stay here and didn't want me to pay. Remont will start soon it's getting warmer. Hate to leave though, just started meeting the neighbors, most very nice people.

fenrir
14-03-2016, 13:07
You have atrocious reading comprehension skills!

Where did I say she was Putin's "personal" interpreter? I said she had to interpret her bosses words. She was /is the personal assistant to an ambassador of one of the BRICS nations.

And where do you get I met a former minister in a dive bar? I do have a friend who worked for department of defense but now works for a private security company. Yeah one strange thing about being a musician, people love you.

Some more facts about my ex wife and her family. Her mother was the lead engineer at a factory that makes the fuel for nuclear weapons. She received some of the highest awards of the USSR! She's a very brave and intelligent woman. Her job was so dangerous that she got to retire at 45 years old. She received new year greetings every year from the governor of her state. After she retired she got bored and tried to get a job as a security guard at an office building. They wouldn't hire her because when they tried to run a security check on her they couldn't. They said "she didn't exist"! She had no foreign passport and wasn't allowed to leave the country. Her father an engineer and a chess champion. My ex wife's uncle was the head geologist in charge of oil and gas of the USSR! He came from a long geologist and before the revolution her family had a ten room mansion in the center of Grozny and controlled all the oil down there. I also lived in Raminki a district of Moscow that includes MGU. It was mostly built during the 1980 Olympics and is right next to the KGB school. My neighbors were military, police and KGB. My friend's dad was a KGB general and went on to become the head if the FMS under Yelsin.

You know my current girlfriend has been on the phone all weekend working to help the support team for a king! He's come to meet with Putin and it is her job to get them all settled.

Here she just sent me this video her boss just sent her.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=JnNnTlIi8Jo

No, I don't. I wanted to prove a point and that is you are not to be trusted by your new masters. I baited you and you did exactly what I expected you to do: REVEALED TOO MUCH INFORMATION ON A PUBLIC FORUM ABOUT PEOPLE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT. Take note Tolko and FA.

Uncle Wally
14-03-2016, 13:14
No, I don't. I wanted to prove a point and that is you are not to be trusted by your new masters. I baited you and you did exactly what I expected you to do: REVEALED TOO MUCH INFORMATION ON A PUBLIC FORUM ABOUT PEOPLE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT. Take note Tolko and FA.

Oh you are so tricky. Please explain who my "new masters" are because last time I checked I didn't have any "masters". I hope you don't mean/think that Tolko & FatAndy are my new "masters"? You sound like a kook you know that?

You know the reason you can't be trusted? Because you don't give out any information, you come to Moscow and never say anything about it until after you've left. You never meet or met anyone from this forum. I used to go to expat get togethers, post my gigs and members would come. Even tried to organize an expat party but ezik turned it down and went with the bartender and we know how that turned out.

Russian Lad
14-03-2016, 13:26
I wanted to prove a point and that is you are not to be trusted by your new masters

Wally, a patently unreliable columna quinta of the US.:tongue: He knows and talks too much.:smug:

because last time I checked I didn't have any "masters"

There is no such thing as free lunch (or free apartment), Wally... You will learn it in due time... :music:

Uncle Wally
14-03-2016, 13:32
Wally, a patently unreliable columna quinta of the US.:tongue: He knows and talks too much.:smug:

Trying to make something out of nothing? You will wildly grab at anything won't you.

FatAndy
14-03-2016, 19:13
25 years of non-stop death by firing, no doubt and remorse.

Russian Lad
14-03-2016, 19:27
25 years of non-stop death by firing, no doubt and remorse.

Firing? What happened to the bonecrusher? You forgot to lubricate it or you are out of lubrication because it is not delivered anymore due to sanctions?:smug: Anyway, poor Wally. He is such a nice chap, not sure why all this is happening to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WHSkbM9zAU

Carl
14-03-2016, 19:50
Anyway, poor Wally. He is such a nice chap, not sure why all this is happening to him.

Don't fret for Willy..
Surly one of his billionaire or millionaire friends, or his friend's dad the KGB General, or his ex-mother in law's Governor friends, or his current gf's King friend, or his ex-gf's ambassador friends, or hell, Mr. Putin himself will help him out of any bind he finds himself in. Go Willy!:winking:

FatAndy
14-03-2016, 20:31
Firing? What happened to the bonecrusher? You forgot to lubricate it or you are out of lubrication because it is not delivered anymore due to sanctions?:smug:
We implement that modest Western stuff - so called "diversity" ;)

Russian Lad
14-03-2016, 20:33
Don't fret for Willy..
Surly one of his billionaire or millionaire friends, or his friend's dad the KGB General, or his ex-mother in law's Governor friends, or his current gf's King friend, or his ex-gf's ambassador friends, or hell, Mr. Putin himself will help him out of any bind he finds himself in. Go Willy!:winking:

He is such a magnificent guy. We all surely wish him great success. :tongue:

We implement that modest Western stuff - so called "diversity"

That sound like treason! Have you joined the national traitors perhaps, comrade? You have surely changed a lot after you ate that Western cheese on the sly. That would be highly lamentable and deeply disturbing.

Uncle Wally
14-03-2016, 21:08
Don't fret for Willy..

You kind of got it all mixed up Carl it's the ex wife. But yeah I have a sh*t load of friends. That's why I like Russians more, best friends you could ever have. I know so many people you would not believe. When going some place or just out for a walk with my second wife I always meet someone I know. She asked once "do you know everybody?" Sorry Carl I'm a good looking likeable guy.

Fantastika
16-03-2016, 23:22
Had a few $100, planned to buy gold (GLD) call options at 15:00 (an hour before the market closes).

So, at 14:00, the Fed makes some kind of announcement about interest rates, Gold blasts off for the moon (up 30$/ounce in 60 minutes), the options I had planned to buy soared from 32 cents to 62 cents. Too late now. :crying:

And the Dollar plunged from 71 to the ruble to 69. Whoops, I'm making a Knobby mistake. I mean 69 rubles to the dollar, not the reverse. :)

Wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Judge
18-03-2016, 17:26
A sound advice to those mentally challenged comrades who still keep their earnings in rubles - go buy dollars today, this low rate will not be available for a long time. It is like your last chance to jump on the bandwagon.

Do you have anymore sound advice for us,:smile:

Judge
18-03-2016, 17:31
Earlier in this thread I posted about Russia to be the world's no.1 wheat exporter cos of weaker ruble, the stronger ruble these passed few days might put a dent in that.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-18/russian-wheat-sellers-undercut-by-europe-as-ruble-strengthens-ilwxvli6

Russian Lad
18-03-2016, 20:24
Do you have anymore sound advice for us

I said "Go" the last time. Now I can say "Ruaaaaan!!!". Timing is of an essence, it will not stay that low for long. It has hit 90 two times during the last two years, it is bound to do this again (and much more). 77 now, 13 rubles difference. It is probably the last chance for those who still have rubles - doubt there are many people like that even among you though - people here tend to lie and their patriotism stops short of their wallets... Not putting your money where your mouth is is always bad for one's karma.:) Look at Tolko, for instance, he is such a committed VVP cheerleader. But does he keep his savings in rubles? I would bet not... I guess even Ben has stockpiled on euros or dollars by now. Anymore kvas anyone?

Judge
18-03-2016, 20:26
Good news for cheese and meat fans,

Parmesan cheese returning to Russian market
https://www.rt.com/business/336121-russia-cheese-eu-supplies/

Armoured
18-03-2016, 20:44
Already saw that they're putting a stop to the San Marino loophole.

Uncle Wally
18-03-2016, 21:17
RL if you like it or not

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D6MHFHn9mH4

Fantastika
19-03-2016, 13:36
There was a sub-thread about astrology and Russia somewhere....

My friend in New York is esteemed astrology guy. I asked him about it, and like they said in the thread, the birth date of Russia is needed.

When India and Pakistan were born, the astrologers were consulted and the documents were signed at midnight. India continues to grow, and has more millionaires than any other country...

Anyone know when Russia was "born"? Need date and time of day, too.

Wondering if that would work with companies? Do the astrology chart for Yandex, or Gazprom, and make stock market investment, or short, as to the forecast ...

FatAndy
19-03-2016, 15:52
the birth date of Russia is needed. - only the date needed, no birth certificate required? :rasta:

Fantastika
19-03-2016, 16:14
the birth date of Russia is needed. - only the date needed, no birth certificate required? :rasta:

Also need place it was born, planets might be different. :)

Uncle Wally
22-03-2016, 11:19
Some say it's a good time to buy Rubles.

http://m.sputniknews.com/business/20160322/1036710229/jim-rogers-buys-ruble-bonds.html

bydand
22-03-2016, 12:21
Some say it's a good time to buy Rubles.

http://m.sputniknews.com/business/20160322/1036710229/jim-rogers-buys-ruble-bonds.html

Not rubles, Bonds.

"Veteran US investor Jim Rogers is investing in ruble-denominated Russian sovereign bonds."

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/business/20160322/1036710229/jim-rogers-buys-ruble-bonds.html#ixzz43cKCBtkP

TolkoRaz
22-03-2016, 22:38
There is only one Bond!

Смерть шпионам! ;)

Uncle Wally
23-03-2016, 14:12
Not rubles, Bonds.

"Veteran US investor Jim Rogers is investing in ruble-denominated Russian sovereign bonds."

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/business/20160322/1036710229/jim-rogers-buys-ruble-bonds.html#ixzz43cKCBtkP

And they are ruble bonds so will pay out in rubles!

Uncle Wally
23-03-2016, 14:13
There is only one Bond!

Смерть шпионам! ;)

Says the Russian James Bond.