PDA

View Full Version : best places to spend New Year?

Benedikt
30-12-2014, 08:33
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/the-10-best-places-to-spend-new-year-s-eve-in-moscow/513948.html

well if they say so? now us. it will be at home, a few friends and NOT tons of mayo salad, -shuba- and Olivier.

best of all, the beds are just next door.....
taxis will be charging double and triple, Strogino is rather a tad out from the center...
and since we will be working on the 1st of January, it will be no overindulgence anyway....

Could be also that we will be out in the park, in the snow and grilling shashlik.

ConanS
30-12-2014, 21:54
I'm out in Pyatnitskoye Shosse, so I feel your pain on the distance issue. I feel bad, as I want to do something to celebrate, but at the same time, I kinda don't want to go into town and face the clusterf**k that inevitably will be New Years.

tonytony
30-12-2014, 22:32
and NOT tons of mayo salad, -shuba- and Olivier.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I just SO agree with this sentiment.

Could be also that we will be out in the park, in the snow and grilling shashlik.

We did that one year when we were at the dacha and it was really great - although I did end up smoking a couple of cigars and, as a result, my better half was rather p***ed off with me.

As you might expect, the men were outside doing the work and I was offered a cigar which, after a few drinks, I couldn't really refuse.

Uncle Wally
30-12-2014, 22:35
I'm in the center 10 minutes walk from the Kremlin. We'll go to Red Square for the fireworks and laser show, maybe walk around until we get cold and then back home and drink ourselves silly. I expected a group of 10 but that could go up to 16 if everybody that said they will come, comes. It should be warm -2 at night with light snow. We've already had guest last night and tonight and they drank all the champagne I bought for tomorrow night, only cognac left.

Uncle Wally
31-12-2014, 00:08
But anyway to answer the thread,

Be with the ones you love ❤ or who love you.

If you can't be with the ones you love, love the ones you're with.

Bursche
31-12-2014, 12:10
But anyway to answer the thread,

Be with the ones you love ❤ or who love you.

If you can't be with the ones you love, love the ones you're with.

Wise words

Judge
31-12-2014, 15:00
Home with the family, will make a small spread, have TV on,watch other countries see in the new years and watch Putin at 23.55, will be interesting to see what he's got to say this year...

somebody in my local park is already letting off some fireworks..:rolleyes:

Benedikt
31-12-2014, 17:03
Home with the family, will make a small spread, have TV on,watch other countries see in the new years and watch Putin at 23.55, will be interesting to see what he's got to say this year...

somebody in my local park is already letting off some fireworks..:rolleyes:

the New Year Concert of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, a must for us every year.
will be shown live in more or less around all the world. I will watch the original on the Mediathek on Austrian TV....

Judge
01-01-2015, 14:23
the New Year Concert of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, a must for us every year.
will be shown live in more or less around all the world. I will watch the original on the Mediathek on Austrian TV....

Thanks for the reminder...

just started, hearing it now...