PDA

View Full Version : The Pain Isn't Going to End Soon

James1976
25-12-2014, 19:32
I see it as insane- what is going on right now.

Russia could be a powerhouse in the EU. It has natural resources in abundance. In my limited experience Russians are Europeans, in humour, in civility and in the values they seek.

I believe Putin could lead Russia beautifully into the EU and take it to a dominant position within. Russian institutions can merge to the EU, it has been proven by the 'already joined' FSU states. The idea that the EU is out to get anyone or declaw Russia? I don't see it at all.

All the new comers to the EU seem to benefit hugely from membership. Not only that- it is totally not the culture of the EU to be sly or to be cunning- its too big and too open to keep any agenda hidden for long.

I believe ultimately there is a sincere objective within the EU to unite- this goal can even be seen as naive. So much so that the new comer members often take advantage of this and benefit immensely!

That is my view and I really do love Russia. (Just thinking about Russia makes me excited for the opportunities it holds, not only in business terms, but the amazing conversation one can have with anyone from pauper to prince, the culture…. mmmm… heaven.)

I wish Russia could see what it may be giving up. While the European Union is not perfect (it is in transition and definitely still finding its feet) - Russia could be a part of it, and influence its direction. Russia could determine what sort of animal the EU becomes. It is wide open!

The days of a tactic of cunning and isolation are numbered- I feel it is hard to pursue this long term against (in this case) the EU. Too much internet freedom now. Furthermore it was overwhelming, realising how closely aligned Russians were with say, me as an individual, a Brit- in humour and outlook. I am embarrassed to think about it….I had thought we were so different, to find out we are the same! (and I think I am considered educated).

Russia is still in its transition - fair enough, Putin is a part of that- he is not the end of the story. To give him his due he has managed very well in some respects- extremely well. 140 million people, baddies on the tertiary- not easy. Could he ever be persuaded that leading Russia toward integration with the EU would be a good thing? That he would go down in history as a very different leader? That it is likely inevitable (eventually) that Russia and Europe do integrate at any rate?

I am totally anti this "Europe is out to get us message" being pushed - for Russia/Russians.

In general, people are lazy, and often loose tongued- there is not some great conspiracy against Russia- maybe a negative policy now b/c of perceptions of Ukraine- but there is not even the will to bring member states in,for integration, and then conspire against them too. No way!

Russia could be a dominant player in the Union, and I feel sorry that all this is really time wasting- perhaps by decades- but nonetheless time wasting.

Merry Christmas Comrades!

Am there in January if you want to arrest me or have a beer with me :) Have a wonderful New Year too! :mml:

bydand
25-12-2014, 19:52
Merry Christmas James (and everyone)!

I mostly agree. I think Russians like to think of themselves as European, but the government is more Asian in nature. To be short; understand thats a simplification of something complicated. Many disappointed people, yet many can't see it any other way.

Suuryaa
25-12-2014, 20:00
The EU would never agree to Russia joining it.

Russian Lad
25-12-2014, 20:16
The EU would never agree to Russia joining it.

Suu, I suggest you destroy your TVset with the Kremlin propagandists f'cking ruthlessly with your brain from it. Right now.:)

To give him his due he has managed very well in some respects- extremely well.

He just got lucky with high oil prices, otherwise he would be gone in no time. He has done nothing good. But his list of bad and terrible things is almost endless.

Jas
25-12-2014, 20:16
So the idea is that russia shud be like Belgium? Russia doesn't want to sit at some table getting crumbs, it wants 2 own the table just like America owns the whole restaurant.
Ure ideas just ignore the Russian cultural sphere and the Russian mindset as well as history also - think napolean and hitler. NATO on russian borders is the problem

Jas
25-12-2014, 20:19
Suu, I suggest you destroy your TVset with the Kremlin propagandists f'cking ruthlessly with your brain from it. Right now.:)

He just got lucky with high oil prices, otherwise he would be gone in no time. He has done nothing good. But the list of bad and terrible things is almost endless.

If u watch RT like me u cud learn how it is.

Russian Lad
25-12-2014, 20:20
So the idea is that russia shud be like Belgium? Russia doesn't want to sit at some table getting crumbs, it wants 2 own the table just like America owns the whole restaurant.
Ure ideas just ignore the Russian cultural sphere and the Russian mindset as well as history also - think napolean and hitler. NATO on russian borders is the problem

Jas, you also have access to the Russian television? What table? What crumbs? This is just empty talk. De facto there is a clique of Asian-Soviet-minded kleptocrats stealing everything and giving crumbs to the people. I was against this Europe joining idea just a year ago, but now - hell, I will welcome joining even Zimbabwe if it will mean ousting these kleptocrats and liars with the blood of a brotherly nation on their hands.

If u watch RT like me u cud learn how it is.

Aha. Ok. See my advice to Suu. They are just having your brain. They are liars.

fenrir
25-12-2014, 20:35
New Controls Bring Russia's Grain Exports to Halt, Lobby Says

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/new-controls-bring-russias-grain-exports-to-halt-lobby-says/513837.html

Russia's Putin scraps New Year's holidays for ministers

http://news.yahoo.com/russias-putin-scraps-years-holidays-ministers-122444199--finance.html

These two moves don't bode well. The grain issue shows that even in a year of bumper harvests, Russia is proving itself to be an unreliable trade partner. Time to switch to new suppliers.

Uncle Wally
25-12-2014, 21:59

He just got lucky with high oil prices, otherwise he would be gone in no time. He has done nothing good. But his list of bad and terrible things is almost endless.

Yawn....zzzzz

ConanS
25-12-2014, 22:10
Keep in mind that RT is the brainchild of the Kremlin, so take what they say with a pinch of salt. I will concede that RT America is decent, though.

Uncle Wally
25-12-2014, 22:15
Keep in mind that RT is the brainchild of the Kremlin, so take what they say with a pinch of salt. I will concede that RT America is decent, though.

That Abby Martin is fine! I'd let her squeeze my lemon!

Uncle Wally
25-12-2014, 22:47

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/new-controls-bring-russias-grain-exports-to-halt-lobby-says/513837.html

Russia's Putin scraps New Year's holidays for ministers

http://news.yahoo.com/russias-putin-scraps-years-holidays-ministers-122444199--finance.html

These two moves don't bode well. The grain issue shows that even in a year of bumper harvests, Russia is proving itself to be an unreliable trade partner. Time to switch to new suppliers.

Yeah? A lot less disturbing than NATO's build up in countries bordering Russia and now wanting to supply weapons to Ukraine. Yeah that's the way you deescalate the situation send more weapons! Smart f#@king thinking bub.

fenrir
25-12-2014, 23:42
Yeah? A lot less disturbing than NATO's build up in countries bordering Russia and now wanting to supply weapons to Ukraine. Yeah that's the way you deescalate the situation send more weapons! Smart f#@king thinking bub.

What does NATO have to do with Putin cancelling holidays for his ministers and grain exports?

Uncle Wally
25-12-2014, 23:49
What does NATO have to do with Putin cancelling holidays for his ministers and grain exports?

It's useless even answering you.

The third world world is about to begin and you still think it's some game?

Let me tell you the country you live in is one of the first ones to get wiped out and America don't even care.

Nobbynumbnuts
25-12-2014, 23:58

..in Wally's World, all is possible. :clown:

Nobbynumbnuts
25-12-2014, 23:59

Let me tell you the country you live in is one of the first ones to get wiped out and America don't even care.

..one more for the road? :p

fenrir
26-12-2014, 00:30

Hey, you can be one of the first ones to come over the border, Rambo. There is a hell of a reception waiting for any invasion, which Moscow is very aware of. You, apparently, are not.

Uncle Wally
26-12-2014, 01:19
Hey, you can be one of the first ones to come over the border, Rambo. There is a hell of a reception waiting for any invasion, which Moscow is very aware of. You, apparently, are not.

You hope.

What do missile have to be afraid of? Do you understand about "softing" up a target? How about being so out numbered by tanks that are superior to yours manned by people who do not care if they live or die just that their nation wins because they are so tired of being pushed around and told what to do that they don't care anymore.

No you never. You have just slaved away at your job then went home and watched your TV, played your video games and let someone else worry about your safety. If I was you I would be learning how to shoot or practicing running really fast.

Russian Lad
26-12-2014, 01:48
By the way, Russia is mostly permafrost. The population of Europe is much larger. Population-wise Russia is smaller than three Italies! Russia is Europe! Hohoho. Be afraid, be very afraid. I am already warming up to this concept.

Yaks
26-12-2014, 06:30

if you believe that you should tear up your british passport right now.

fenrir
26-12-2014, 10:57
You hope.

What do missile have to be afraid of? Do you understand about "softing" up a target? How about being so out numbered by tanks that are superior to yours manned by people who do not care if they live or die just that their nation wins because they are so tired of being pushed around and told what to do that they don't care anymore.

No you never. You have just slaved away at your job then went home and watched your TV, played your video games and let someone else worry about your safety. If I was you I would be learning how to shoot or practicing running really fast.

No, I don't hope, I know. You are there with your economic delusions and romanticism of Russia, its people and the 'mysterious Russian soul.' I am far more pracitical. I am also a student of history, particularly military history, things you seem to know little about. For example, missiles are not as useful as you assume in the military context (they are great for disrupting civilian/economic targets) as US experience over the last decades has borne out. Even airstrikes have limited usefulness in 21st century wafare as ISIS and the Taliban are demonstrating.

Your comment about the tanks is hilarious. Most of Estonia is not tank country. The country is about 50% forest, 6% swamp/bog and the hill country in the south is difficult terrain for armored vehicles. It took Stalin with all his regime's brutality about 7-8 years to subdue the guerilla warfare units here (1944-1951/52), and they were poorly equipped, had NO outside support and their numbers were far below the numbers on hand today.

If Russia were to attack, they would be the invaders and the Estonians the defenders who would be fighting for their motherland and to avenge the past. Then there are the American and British troops stationed here. Would Putin really want to tangle with them and all the consequences that would entail?

Your idea that Russian soldiers are 'people who do not care if they live or die just that their nation wins because they are so tired of being pushed around and told what to do that they don't care anymore' isn't being demonstrated very well in Ukraine at the moment, is it?

Armoured
26-12-2014, 11:30
As I recall, Fenrir was banned (temporarily) for making (what seemed to me) a dry point that bombing Moscow and/or St Pete 70 years ago might have resulted in less human suffering.

Wally, however, gets a pass for essentially advocating bombing and invading a sovereign country in the here and now.

Is this basically the site editorial policy?

[Of course, could just be that the various loons here get a free pass. At least in this sense there is consistency]

Suuryaa
26-12-2014, 12:03
[Of course, could just be that the various loons here get a free pass. At least in this sense there is consistency]

You are right.

Russian Lad
26-12-2014, 12:21
Wally, however, gets a pass for essentially advocating bombing and invading a sovereign country in the here and now.

Well, they are gleefully discussing here the murders of Ukrainian citizens on the Ukrainian territory (we all know by whom and with whose weapons), even the mods are actively promoting this, so, what can we expect? I have gotten used to this already. I have entirely switched my attention to the Russian economics. I feel the justice will be served soon and everyone gets what he deserves:).

FatAndy
26-12-2014, 12:35
It will be continued, only export tax applied since 01 Feb.

Time to switch to new suppliers.
Go on, but don't forget, that there are two fools on the market - one sells, another buys... ;)

Uncle Wally
26-12-2014, 13:42
As I recall, Fenrir was banned (temporarily) for making (what seemed to me) a dry point that bombing Moscow and/or St Pete 70 years ago might have resulted in less human suffering.

If you don't understand that this is where all these sanctions are heading you're the loon. I am not "advocating" anything but a stop to all America's aggression against Russia. You and him seem to enjoy it very much. What do you keep talking about? How Russia will suffer the economy will crash. You him and others just keep spreading lies about what went on in Ukraine orchestrated by America's war criminals.

Armoured
26-12-2014, 14:20
If you don't understand that this is where all these sanctions are heading you're the loon. I am not "advocating" anything but a stop to all America's aggression against Russia.

Bullshit. You're such a crazed nutter you can't even keep track of the tripe you write in a single thread.

You wrote:

What do missile have to be afraid of? Do you understand about "softing" up a target? How about being so out numbered by tanks that are superior to yours manned by people who do not care if they live or die just that their nation wins because they are so tired of being pushed around and told what to do that they don't care anymore. ... If I was you I would be learning how to shoot or practicing running really fast.

So I guess you are advocating stopping sanctions by means of invading Estonia.

Uncle Wally
26-12-2014, 15:39
Bullshit. You're such a crazed nutter you can't even keep track of the tripe you write in a single thread.

You wrote:

So I guess you are advocating stopping sanctions by means of invading Estonia.

You can try to twist all you want but I don't see they where I said Russia should attack! There is a difference in saying what may happen and what you want to happen. I want the world to live in peace and that's the main reason I do not like, trust or believe the US government.

You by supporting these sanctions and other US actions are supporting war and war criminals. Don't even try to say none of this wasn't planned. The US started bad mouthing Russia well before the Olympics or this problem in Ukraine.

You should check yourself before you go around calling people "nutters and loons" I not the one who believes in fairy tales and out right lies.

Uncle Wally
26-12-2014, 16:03
You people want to know what is really sick? It is the gloating and joy at Russia's misfortune that you all show. You like to hate and see others suffer? It sure seems that way. You must feel very bad about yourselves or helpless. You all think you are what "exceptional" or you want people to believe that?

fenrir
26-12-2014, 17:06
You people want to know what is really sick? It is the gloating and joy at Russia's misfortune that you all show. You like to hate and see others suffer? It sure seems that way. You must feel very bad about yourselves or helpless. You all think you are what "exceptional" or you want people to believe that?

All your blah, blah, blah doesn't change the fact that Russians (and YOU) consider that they have a mysterious soul that outsiders cannot comprehend. That is a form of exceptionalism. So is the Russian Orthodox Church's statement that Russia has a messianic mission to stop the 'American Project.' That is another form of exceptionalism. Then there are the thousands, if not tens of thousands, of Russian troops in Eastern Ukraine/Crimea. There is not a single American soldier there but huge numbers of Russians, so who's the real aggressor?

Uncle Wally
26-12-2014, 17:17
All your blah, blah, blah doesn't change the fact that Russians (and YOU) consider that they have a mysterious soul that outsiders cannot comprehend. That is a form of exceptionalism. So is the Russian Orthodox Church's statement that Russia has a messianic mission to stop the 'American Project.' That is another form of exceptionalism. Then there are the thousands, if not tens of thousands, of Russian troops in Eastern Ukraine/Crimea. There is not a single American soldier there but huge numbers of Russians, so who's the real aggressor?

Not one American soldier? There's advisors there now and Blackwater not to mention American in the Ukrainian government as a finance minister then there's Joe Biden's son heading the gas company. Oh and the head of the CIA keeps visiting. America decided who will and will not be in their government. You must not have heard about the planes that took all Ukraine's gold. America's head is so far up Ukraine's ass you can tell where America stops and Ukraine begins.

fenrir
26-12-2014, 17:55
Not one American soldier? There's advisors there now and Blackwater not to mention American in the Ukrainian government as a finance minister then there's Joe Biden's son heading the gas company. Oh and the head of the CIA keeps visiting. America decided who will and will not be in their government. You must not have heard about the planes that took all Ukraine's gold. America's head is so far up Ukraine's ass you can tell where America stops and Ukraine begins.

Soldiers. Where are the American SOLDIERS? And American tanks, artillery and anti-aicraft systems?

Russian Lad
26-12-2014, 17:57
You people want to know what is really sick? It is the gloating and joy at Russia's misfortune that you all show. You like to hate and see others suffer?

Stop whining and begin enjoying the suffering. Suffering brings cleansing, cleansing brings understanding. Sorry, there is no other way. Germany also suffered after 1945, much more because the transgression was more serious. There will be hope for Russia after we are done with the suffering.

fenrir
26-12-2014, 17:58
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102295985?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=102295985#.

Looks like KSA is going to FUBAR the Russian economy throughout the new year. Good luck Moscow. You're going to need it just to keep your head above water.

vossy7
26-12-2014, 18:08
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102295985?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=102295985#.

Looks like KSA is going to FUBAR the Russian economy throughout the new year. Good luck Moscow. You're going to need it just to keep your head above water.

Cheers mate....for this festive season I would love to roast your chestnuts by an open fire :reindeer::reindeer::reindeer:

Russian Lad
26-12-2014, 18:12
Looks like KSA is going to FUBAR the Russian economy throughout the new year. Good luck Moscow.

The oil at USD 20-30 would be interesting.:)

Uncle Wally
26-12-2014, 18:20
Cheers mate....for this festive season I would love to roast your chestnuts by an open fire :reindeer::reindeer::reindeer:

I don't think he has any "chestnuts"

Benedikt
26-12-2014, 18:36
The oil at USD 20-30 would be interesting.:)

the Canadian and US shale oil producers would agree with you. for that price they will be hurting hard and out of business....
What about Nigeria, Lybia, Irak and a few others. they are not in cahoots with the camel herders of Saudi and their paymasters in the US Congress or wherever they are residing.

Russian Lad
26-12-2014, 18:40
What about Nigeria, Lybia, Irak and a few others. they are not in cahoots with the camel herders of Saudi and their paymasters in the US Congress or wherever they are residing.

Let's see how it goes.:) There are many solutions to this.

fenrir
26-12-2014, 19:21
the Canadian and US shale oil producers would agree with you. for that price they will be hurting hard and out of business....

Stop with the racist name calling. It doesn't do you or your argument any good.

Armoured
26-12-2014, 19:54
You people want to know what is really sick? It is the gloating and joy at Russia's misfortune that you all show. You like to hate and see others suffer? It sure seems that way.

Since this is personally hurting me and mine (although perhaps less than many), I don't feel good about it at all.

I have listened and watched, however, as I have seen the propaganda machine take over and literally turn black to white and back again. And otherwise normal people lose the ability to reason.

Okay, some started without that ability.

As I heard a Russian politician put it, some people said in advance that this whole mess would be very, very bad for Russia and the Russian people. Now it is turning out to be so.

You, however, keep ranting on about how the West will feel bad - Real Soon Now. You keep predicting American collapse. You've been and will be wrong for a long time.

the Canadian and US shale oil producers would agree with you. for that price they will be hurting hard and out of business...

I've some experience with the oil patch over there. Sure, it'll hurt. But both countries' oil industries are very innovative, extremely diverse, and it's all private capital. They'll restructure, take some losses, and move on to the next thing. Plus, both countries have the advantage of very diverse economies - for Canada, Alberta's pain is Ontario's gain, and vice versa. People will move back and forth and both economies are very capable of recovering quickly.

The shale and tight oil producers will restructure, change their cost base, continue exploring and looking for better opportunities and technology - and they'll find them. When oil bounces back the next time, their cost structure for new projects will be $20 lower - and there'll be a massive boom. Very little if any government money will be involved at any stage. The renewable energy advances will also have gone quite far by that point, and some of the same people will be 'prospecting' for good mines, wind locations, geothermal, you name it. They'll have come up with some surprising solutions to make what were previously poor projects/deposits work with new technology and management.

At that point, Russia will have depleted reserves some more, be way behind on technology again, have spent a whack of money on infrastructure (quite a bit of which will be in the wrong places), be absolutely nowhere on renewables, and have an economy and cost base that works only because the ruble can fall enough to impoverish the population in bad times, and rise fast enough to nullify/destroy any productivity gains. If there's any good stuff that's come up in the private sector, it won't find full application because everyone knows their companies can be stolen at any point. A lot of old deposits will be close to useless without new technology - which will be available but at very good prices indeed.

There'll be a few years of fat that'll be spent on the military, and back where we started.

Rinse and repeat.

It's depressing but far more likely than any serious pain being caused to the north american oil patch.

Nobbynumbnuts
26-12-2014, 19:56
Oil at $20 a barrel would be a huge boost for the world economy, non oil exporting countries and consumers generally...

Armoured
26-12-2014, 20:12
Oil at $20 a barrel would be a huge boost for the world economy, non oil exporting countries and consumers generally...

Exactly. Overall, US does very well indeed when oil is cheap, Canada does less well, but on balance is okay with it.

Nobbynumbnuts
26-12-2014, 20:22
Exactly. Overall, US does very well indeed when oil is cheap, Canada does less well, but on balance is okay with it.

Right and it's what the world needs now. A boost to get growth back on track and a reduction in deficits..;)

Russian Lad
26-12-2014, 20:36
Yes, we need to go the oil price down to 40 at least. Let it rip. I hope the fun resumes after the New Year celebrations. I am eagerly looking forward to it, in fact. 20 would be perfect, 40 - ok. The current 60 - too high.

Carl
26-12-2014, 22:08

Because Willy-Wally and FatAndy are buddies....:beerbros:

TolkoRaz
26-12-2014, 22:32
Yes, we need to go the oil price down to 40 at least. Let it rip. I hope the fun resumes after the New Year celebrations. I am eagerly looking forward to it, in fact. 20 would be perfect, 40 - ok. The current 60 - too high.

You need to go and see a Brain Doctor soonest! :10310:

Uncle Wally
26-12-2014, 22:54
You need to go and see a Brain Doctor soonest! :10310:

You really think he has a brain? I think most of it has turned to jelly. Talking about turning your brain to jelly I need a drink.

TolkoRaz
26-12-2014, 23:13
I am sure he has a brain, but there must be too much lead in the St.P water! :book:

Russian Lad
27-12-2014, 00:08
Yeah, that's all you can resort to now, the russkie "patriots" who are miserably losing it - to helpless and childish insults. Yawn. Tolko, you have stooped down to the level of Wally-Willy, you are degrading. Hope you will not offer me anal sex like he did. Just an observation, don't take it as an insult.
What is next? Massive layoffs? Protests? Meanwhile in Moscow doctors and teachers demand to retain their social housing, desperate enough to stop the traffic smack downtown on Tverskaya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9clChkTDqms

TolkoRaz
27-12-2014, 00:15
Yeah, that's all you can resort to now, the russkie "patriots" who are miserably losing it - to helpless and childish insults. Yawn. Tolko, you have stooped down to the level of Wally-Willy, you are degrading. Hope you will not offer me anal sex like he did. Just an observation, don't take it as an insult.
What is next? Massive layoffs? Protests? Meanwhile in Moscow doctors and teachers demand to retain their social housing, desperate enough to stop the traffic smack downtown on Tverskaya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9clChkTDqms

If you re-read your posts RL, you will recall that you have called me dim, unintelligent, stupid and a liar!

With nearly every one of your recent posts, I am beginning to question your sanity!

Just because people do not share your view or perspective on life, it does not make them the above!

Russian Lad
27-12-2014, 00:23
Just because people do not share your view or perspective on life, it does not make them the above!

I don't remember insulting you directly, I surely may have insulted your point of view, which is, in my opinion, homicidal and frantricidal and actually as far from the true patriotism as I can imagine - it concerns all "patriots" here. Again, nothing personal, it is not my fault you enjoy seeing people dead and call the Ukrainian citizens nazi en masse.
And surely I wasn't the one who started the hostilities now - I was talking about the oil price, you and Wally decided to discuss my personality and even the quality of air that I breathe. I am glad you haven't begun examining my sphincter at least.

TolkoRaz
27-12-2014, 00:28
I don't remember insulting you directly, I surely may have insulted your point of view, which is, in my opinion, homicidal and frantricidal and actually as far from the true patriotism as I can imagine - it concerns all "patriots" here. Again, nothing personal, it is not my fault you enjoy seeing people dead and call the Ukrainian citizens nazi en masse.
And surely I wasn't the one who started the hostilities now - I was talking about the oil price, you and Wally decided to discuss my personality and even the quality of air that I breathe. I am glad you haven't begun examining my sphincter at least.

Do not worry, I shall happily leave that to Uncle Wally to investigate and to probe! :beerbros:

Russian Lad
27-12-2014, 00:40
Do not worry, I shall happily leave that to Uncle Wally to investigate and to probe!

That's hardly a relief, I have a dossier on him and the last thing I fancy is him approaching me from behind. :10310:

Uncle Wally
27-12-2014, 01:53
Do not worry, I shall happily leave that to Uncle Wally to investigate and to probe! :beerbros:

Well then it's off to St Pete with ho ho ho and a bottle of rum!

No wait a minute that's pirates talk like that. Ho ho ho and a bottle of bum lube? Better but still needs work. Think Christmas ��

Ho ho ho old Wally's got a date

Got to get to St Pete before it's too late

That old RL he's just full hate

Old Uncle Wally he gonna mate!

FatAndy
27-12-2014, 08:55
Easier, comrades. High feelings and relations are discussed in other subforums. ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
27-12-2014, 09:27
Easier, comrades. High feelings and relations are discussed in other subforums. ;)

That's right but which forum for Wally's discussion on his sex change? :gorgeous: :D

Russian Lad
27-12-2014, 10:54
Well then it's off to St Pete with ho ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Sh;t, I gotta hide somewhere.

FatAndy
27-12-2014, 11:34
Sh;t, I gotta hide somewhere.
BigHouse :-)

FatAndy
29-12-2014, 20:14
Because Willy-Wally and FatAndy are buddies....:beerbros:
Finally, stop envying ;)

fenrir
29-12-2014, 20:49
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30623489

That didn't take long. They didn't even make it to the new year.

drbobguy
29-12-2014, 22:31
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30623489

That didn't take long. They didn't even make it to the new year.

Notice this is year-over-year growth as well. So 2014 will be a negative GDP year, and 2015 almost surely will be as well (probably -3% to -6%).

James1976
30-12-2014, 09:46
I don't think most people are out to revel in Russia's demise or suffering incidentally.

Furthermore I am pretty sure most people (non russians like myself) realise ordinary Russians are really us (you and me), holding similar values and aspiring to similar things- education, health, mobility etc. Perhaps there was some conspiracy in oil prices, directed at Russia and maybe the sanctions are not right. I am sure both sides manipulate where they can.

I just want to know why starting the step to further European integration for Putin is off the cards. Russia could eventually be the main player within the union, could be influencing policy, and her citizens could be huge HUGE beneficiaries. Some of Russia's citizens would surely be in leadership positions within the EU, in fact. We would be listening to them and voting for them :)

Do you see more benefits in the direction of China? Can anyone tell me if that is where they see Russia and its children's future- culturally too?

I wonder if this is more to do with a leadership that feels it cannot u-turn and look weak (or indeed become accountable). Is it that simple? (hopefully not of course).

I really wonder if Ukraine's integration and (potentially) its subsequent flourishing under EU membership is going to highlight - how wrong this block of Russian integration toward Europe was.

And I really really wonder if any man/woman could genuinely (when looking at all the pro's and cons) choose anything but European integration for the future generations of millions of Russians and their prospects.

Hmmm….:shhhhhh:

Russian Lad
30-12-2014, 09:56
And I really really wonder if any man/woman could genuinely (when looking at all the pro's and cons) choose anything but European integration for the future generations of millions of Russians and their prospects.

Hmmm….

Just a year ago I would tell you Russia is Russia, we trade with everyone but don't want to be a part of anything except Russia. But seeing what a f'ckup we have here and what a sad story our "leaders" are, now I have come to the conclusion that yes, Russia should be integrated with Europe - FULLY integrated. And as seamlessly as possible. Russia is Europe.