PDA

View Full Version : now that makes a change from all the gloom and doom talk!

Benedikt
24-12-2014, 17:57
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/putin-is-winning-the-oil-war--katusa-020428723.html
well worth listening to. and thinking about.

fenrir
24-12-2014, 19:04
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/putin-is-winning-the-oil-war--katusa-020428723.html

There's nothing like cherrypicking one of the very rare articles that see a positive out of a huge negative, but hey, it's Christmas Eve and a time for hope. Merry Christmas!!!

Benedikt
24-12-2014, 19:21
There's nothing like cherrypicking one of the very rare articles that see a positive out of a huge negative, but hey, it's Christmas Eve and a time for hope. Merry Christmas!!!

I get these videos or news, or THIS particular video, from relatives in the States. they think it might be interesting for me to know that there are people around who do not follow like sheep.

Judge
24-12-2014, 19:28

Agree with a lot what the guy says, imagine when the oil went south the ruble stayed the same, much less money for the oil/gas companies...not a great sign for an exporting country when you have a strong currency,even more so what you are exporting loses most of its value...
Even the last bit, pushing emerging markets closer, true, which has been said before, if Obama is going to try and cut Russia from the $ what's stopping the US from doing it to others when they fall out of favour..

Uncle Wally
24-12-2014, 20:06
Agree with a lot what the guy says, imagine when the oil went south the ruble stayed the same, much less money for the oil/gas companies...not a great sign for an exporting country when you have a strong currency,even more so what you are exporting loses most of its value...
Even the last bit, pushing emerging markets closer, true, which has been said before, if Obama is going to try and cut Russia from the $ what's stopping the US from doing it to others when they fall out of favour..

That's the thing. The ruble is down but Russia can sell oil for dollars. Kind of a no brainer. Selling vodka, trees, AK47's, MIGS, subs.....

If China said fu#k you America we will not make any of your phones, clothes, TV's ....... America would be fu#ked because they ain't got the factories to start producing these and it would take at least a year. All they can do is make bombs

Uncle Wally
24-12-2014, 20:11

What's stopping is they got nothing else. If everyone stopped using the dollar it would be only good to wipe your a$$. What has America got to back the dollar? Really?

Guns?

ConanS
24-12-2014, 20:13
If China said fu#k you America we will not make any of your phones, clothes, TV's ....... America would be fu#ked because they ain't got the factories to start producing these and it would take at least a year. All they can do is make bombs

It's not that we don't, it's that the marginal cost of hiring and paying those laborers are much higher in the US than China, plus the unions play mandate a certain standard for working conditions; China could care less. Thus, China's lackadaisical approach to labor means they, in this instance, have a leg up.

fenrir
24-12-2014, 21:55
That's the thing. The ruble is down but Russia can sell oil for dollars. Kind of a no brainer. Selling vodka, trees, AK47's, MIGS, subs.....

US-China trade for 2013 was $521 billion, which is approximately equal to 25% of Russia's GDP. There's no way China would play out your fantasy scenario. It would kill their own economy. It's like saying Putin and Co. would suddenly take vows of poverty (like monks), give back all the money they stole and then run one of the most honest and efficient governments in the world (I trying not to choke with laughter as I am typing this).

fenrir
24-12-2014, 22:00
If everyone stopped using the dollar it would be only good to wipe your a$$.

Pretty much what is happening with the ruble these days. Even Belarus wants trade in dollars or euros. Heck, Russia sells its oil for DOLLARS. I wonder why (actually I don't, but you should considering your baseless economic fantasies).

Uncle Wally
24-12-2014, 22:08
It's not that we don't, it's that the marginal cost of hiring and paying those laborers are much higher in the US than China, plus the unions play mandate a certain standard for working conditions; China could care less. Thus, China's lackadaisical approach to labor means they, in this instance, have a leg up.

Or don't give a f%#k about human rights and will sell their country out to slave labor. Nice people. We need more like them like we need an asteroid hitting earth. Same fu#king thing just an asteroid is a quicker death.

Uncle Wally
24-12-2014, 22:20
Pretty much what is happening with the ruble these days. Even Belarus wants trade in dollars or euros. Heck, Russia sells its oil for DOLLARS. I wonder why (actually I don't, but you should considering your baseless economic fantasies).

Belarus can't tell Russia anything. Unless they want a new president and pay for gas.

Russia will sell for dollars now and buy gold and or pay off debt but once Russia is ready you should start learning to speak Russian.

Nobbynumbnuts
24-12-2014, 22:28
....not a great sign for an exporting country when you have a strong currency........

Germany and Japan two of the strongest exporting countries in the world have very strong currencies. The difference is they can keep costs down because they are efficient. If Russia restructures drastically perhaps one day it can do the same, export and have a strong currency..;)

Uncle Wally
24-12-2014, 23:09
Germany and Japan two of the strongest exporting countries in the world have very strong currencies. The difference is they can keep costs down because they are efficient. If Russia restructures drastically perhaps one day it can do the same, export and have a strong currency..;)

You're joking about Japan right? Either that or you're to bizzy looking at your new set of tits in the mirror? The only country printing more worthless paper then America is Japan. Germany is worrying about laying off all the workers that were making stuff for Russia but soon WON'T BE.

ConanS
24-12-2014, 23:11
Or don't give a f%#k about human rights and will sell their country out to slave labor. Nice people. We need more like them like we need an asteroid hitting earth. Same fu#king thing just an asteroid is a quicker death.

I've actually heard that China has started to outsource their labor to other countries. Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, the US economy is tied in with China, so we've made our bed.

Nobbynumbnuts
24-12-2014, 23:38
US-China trade for 2013 was $521 billion, which is approximately equal to 25% of Russia's GDP. There's no way China would play out your fantasy scenario. It would kill their own economy. It's like saying Putin and Co. would suddenly take vows of poverty (like monks), give back all the money they stole and then run one of the most honest and efficient governments in the world (I trying not to choke with laughter as I am typing this).

And the other great myth, mostly debunked these days that China will conspire to undermine the dollar...

Judge
25-12-2014, 03:46

German export figures are down these past months and they are hoping for a weaker euro to boost future exports...The Germans just avoided a recession.

and this is the latest from Japan.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe sees his victory in the December elections as an endorsement of his economic policies, especially his drive to weaken the yen to help exports. The weaker yen is already helping the nationís biggest companies get richer; it will also fuel a rise in bankruptcies among smaller ones.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-12-23/the-weaker-yen-fails-to-lift-all-boats

Yaks
25-12-2014, 04:29
German export figures are down these past months and they are hoping for a weaker euro to boost future exports...The Germans just avoided a recession.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe sees his victory in the December elections as an endorsement of his economic policies, especially his drive to weaken the yen to help exports. The weaker yen is already helping the nationís biggest companies get richer; it will also fuel a rise in bankruptcies among smaller ones.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-12-23/the-weaker-yen-fails-to-lift-all-boats

yes countries like germany, china and japan benefit from a weaker currency. oil nations that have more than 50% of their exports priced in dollars suffer under a weaker currency. A weaker Ruble hurts Russia immensely.

Australia it is a mixed bag. It becomes more expensive for tourists to go overseas so good for domestic tourism and cheaper for international tourists to come here-so this part of the economy benefits. lower dollar makes imports more expensive but helps our manufacturers/stronger dollar is better for consumers buying foreign products. But we aren't Russia-which is just a petrodollar country plus a few other minerals and ores. A strong ruble is the only game in town that is beneficial and a weak one is a disaster.

vossy7
25-12-2014, 08:23
Asked a courier about delivering some gifts to clients yesterday, he gave me the price of 15.95 for the first half hour and .29 for every minute thereafter ....we only take dollars! :boxing:

Nobbynumbnuts
25-12-2014, 16:31

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe sees his victory in the December elections as an endorsement of his economic policies, especially his drive to weaken the yen to help exports. The weaker yen is already helping the nation’s biggest companies get richer; it will also fuel a rise in bankruptcies among smaller ones.

Yes, Japan has problems but their currency is strong has been for a very long time. It's being weakened from a relatively high point.....
My point was that it's possible to have a strong currency (which is also beneficial) and a strong exports

Judge
25-12-2014, 16:52
Asked a courier about delivering some gifts to clients yesterday, he gave me the price of 15.95 for the first half hour and .29 for every minute thereafter ....we only take dollars! :boxing:

I hope you used another courier service...