PDA

View Full Version : 18 New OBI Stores for Russia

Judge
04-12-2014, 22:49
With the amount of dachas/flats being built and remonted,there's room for many more..Any day of the week,any time, come rain or shine, at my local leroy merlin, it's always busy...

German do-it-yourself retailer OBI plans to nearly double the number of its stores in Russia over the next three years. To keep clients despite the sanction burden, the company decided not to raise prices this year.

http://sputniknews.com/business/20141204/1015495087.html

and they say prices will be kept the same for now, worth buying some goods before they shoot up..

zzhhst
05-12-2014, 00:41
With the amount of dachas/flats being built and remonted,there's room for many more..Any day of the week,any time, come rain or shine, at my local leroy merlin, it's always busy...

http://sputniknews.com/business/20141204/1015495087.html

and they say prices will be kept the same for now, worth buying some goods before they shoot up..

Thats great like shopping at OBI. Much better than the open markets.

Judge
06-12-2014, 10:03
Thats great like shopping at OBI. Much better than the open markets.

For sure it's better, went once to an open market for house stuff just outside the MKAD,not a place I wanna experience again....and thankfully I don't have to cos they have now demolished the one north Moscow opposite Leroy Merlin(medvedkova) and built brand new place called твой Dom.

Jas
06-12-2014, 12:26
For sure it's better, went once to an open market for house stuff just outside the MKAD,not a place I wanna experience again....and thankfully I don't have to cos they have now demolished the one north Moscow opposite Leroy Merlin(medvedkova) and built brand new place called твой Dom.

Mmmm, me family work in open air markets like that. Dunno what's so bad about it.

Benedikt
06-12-2014, 13:28

66km on the MKAD, SindikaO, was a rabbit warren of stalls and put out tables... something was wrong, you went back the next day, no one knew you or the guy who sold you the junk. now they have a nice big 2-floor center, enough parking for everyone and it is more or less civilised to go shopping there.
same with the Mitino Radio market or the Tushino Kolchosnaya Rinok, a misnomer in the first place anyway, since no farmer sold his goods there since at least 30 years.
I am only for it, let them close down all these rip off joints where mostly second or third-grade junk from China was being flogged as first-grade stuff -made in Germany-. I was told it was not even always assured that in the cement bags and the like was that stuff inside, what was written on the outside.
good riddance....

Judge
06-12-2014, 13:37
Mmmm, me family work in open air markets like that. Dunno what's so bad about it.

Just a complete mess of a place ,mostly selling rubbish stuff...driving around was a nightmare,no planning,nowhere to park, no organisation.

There some good open air markets here, especially the food ones..

zzhhst
06-12-2014, 13:52

The concept it self is fine. For me the sellers are too temporary.
If you buy something defective they are gone. Or if they do sell a product they only have a limited supply. Big problem that I had was Main water service line needed repair in our flat. (new building) They tore a large hole in the wall. Destroying two tiles. Went back to the market seller was gone looked for weeks in different markets trying to find the same tile. No one had it. At obi you can buy something and two years later you can still purchase the same product. You just may have to wait a few weeks.

Jas
07-12-2014, 20:12
The concept it self is fine. For me the sellers are too temporary.
If you buy something defective they are gone. Or if they do sell a product they only have a limited supply. Big problem that I had was Main water service line needed repair in our flat. (new building) They tore a large hole in the wall. Destroying two tiles. Went back to the market seller was gone looked for weeks in different markets trying to find the same tile. No one had it. At obi you can buy something and two years later you can still purchase the same product. You just may have to wait a few weeks.

Well in the uk we got market inspectors and trading standards, u cant just sell rubbish. Punters themselves are very clever anyhow nowadays.

Benedikt
07-12-2014, 21:33
Well in the uk we got market inspectors and trading standards, u cant just sell rubbish. Punters themselves are very clever anyhow nowadays.

and inspectors and standards and still get rubbish....

vossy7
07-12-2014, 21:41
So ,here's the reality.....I was so happy last week to find an HDMI cable in OBI for 300 Rubles.......but in the UK this weekend I found the same freeking cable in Poundland .....for guess what......a pound! Go figure :doh: