PDA

View Full Version : New Ukrainian Finance Minister

Judge
04-12-2014, 01:20
An American gets the job as the Ukrainian Finance Minister.

The natives of the US, Georgia and Lithuania were hastily granted Ukrainian citizenship in order to become key ministers in the new government of Ukraine, which was approved by the country’s parliament on Tuesday.

http://rt.com/news/210883-ukraine-foreigners-government-poroshenko/

Uncle Wally
04-12-2014, 01:25
An American gets the job as the Ukrainian Finance Minister.

http://rt.com/news/210883-ukraine-foreigners-government-poroshenko/

But, but, huh?

You mean Putin was right and this an American take over?

Russian Lad
04-12-2014, 01:27
Good news for Ukraine, there is hope they will cope with corruption. Excellent move from Poroshenko.

Uncle Wally
04-12-2014, 01:36
Good news for Ukraine, there is hope they will cope with corruption. Excellent move from Poroshenko.

You have to ask yourself, are they doing this of their own free will.

Russian Lad
04-12-2014, 01:57
You have to ask yourself, are they doing this of their own free will.

It is up to them to decide whom they listen to and whom they take money from (and are held accountable to).
I have received a detailed answer why it is not going to be Russia during this year. I had my doubts before and didn't fully understand the Ukrainians. Now I understand them well enough.

Uncle Wally
04-12-2014, 02:17
It is up to them to decide whom they listen to and whom they take money from (and are held accountable to).
I have received a detailed answer why it is not going to be Russia during this year. I had my doubts before and didn't fully understand the Ukrainians. Now I understand them well enough.

Ok but Vova ain't going to like this.

Russian Lad
04-12-2014, 02:24
Ok but Vova ain't going to like this.

Sure, it is meant for him to dislike it. The West has crossed him out from the list of partners anyway. It is just a final touch, one of the many we are yet to witness down this road. Tactically they will deal with him and his administration on certain issues, strategically - no way. Fasten your seat belts, the ride is gonna be bumpy.

Uncle Wally
04-12-2014, 03:16
Sure, it is meant for him to dislike it. The West has crossed him out from the list of partners anyway. It is just a final touch, one of the many we are yet to witness down this road. Tactically they will deal with him and his administration on certain issues, strategically - no way. Fasten your seat belts, the ride is gonna be bumpy.

Do you really think that's wise?

Russian Lad
04-12-2014, 03:27
It doesn't really matter what I think, at this juncture. But that seems to be the lay of the land at present. Better sell your rubles now if you have any left. The price is still excellent.

Fantastika
09-12-2014, 13:44
Mrs. Natalie Jaresko. The American Natalie Jaresko after working 10 years for the US Embassy in Kiev became the manager of Western NIS Enterprise Fund, an organization charged by the US State Department to fund private companies in Ukraine. She has used the same funds distributed by herself, to start up an investment company called Horizon Capital. In short, before being promoted Finance Minister of Ukraine, she has succeeded in the difficult task of financing her own company with funds from the "Western NIS Enterprise Fund" assigned by the Department of State. Such an operation/scheme in America might be considered "insider trading," and the "Western NIS Enterprise Fund" might be labeled a "slush fund."

The inclusion of the newborn executive Ukrainian Lithuanian Aivaras Abromavicius is no less embarrassing. This choice of this second viceroy came immediately after the visit to Kiev by Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite. A visit during which it was announced the availability of Vilnius to supply to Ukraine weapons to fight the militant pro-Russian eastern regions. Regions that the Lithuanian President Grybauskaite described as a "terrorist state" during the joint press conference with Poroshenko.

And just as abnormal appears the appointment as Health Minister the Georgian Aleksandre Kvitashvili, former Minister of the President Mikheil Saakashvili, who, in 2008, caused the clash with Russia in the misguided attempt to take back South Ossetia.

Ukraine and the Western media - no one seems to have noticed. Perhaps because the financial alchemy was included in the "operation of investment" which cost over 5 billion and was designed, as admitted recently by the US deputy secretary for European Affairs Victoria Nuland, to rip Kiev from the Soviet orbit.

So is this just more of the same old corruption in Ukraine taken international, or is Chocolate Man dropping pretense of insistence on "territorial integrity"? Certainly, if foreigners can hold high positions in your government, your country has no borders, no "territorial integrity."

Yaks
09-12-2014, 14:54
the tsars had scottish guardsman training their armies, can we then conclude that that Russia had no territory or borders then?

Georgia isn't allowed to take back south ossetia, ukraine isn't allowed to take back donbass but russia is allowed to take back chechnya..double standard methinks.

TolkoRaz
09-12-2014, 15:35
the tsars had scottish guardsman training their armies, can we then conclude that that Russia had no territory or borders then?

Georgia isn't allowed to take back south ossetia, ukraine isn't allowed to take back donbass but russia is allowed to take back chechnya..double standard methinks.

Yaks, Last time I looked at the map and visited Grozny, it is well within Russia's existing borders and has been for many years.