PDA

View Full Version : If you could: Number 2

DJ Biscuit
12-02-2008, 15:56
If you could live forever and never get older than you are now, would you choose to do so and why, or why not?

Natkin
12-02-2008, 17:54
Are you saying I don`t look great with all these cute wrinkles all over my face?:eh::farout:

Albertina
12-02-2008, 18:31
Definitely would choose so. Sign me up!

There is so much to read, learn, see, geeze i'd be so sorry to die!

Korotky Gennady
12-02-2008, 20:19
:devil: : " I wouldn't like to be a Eternal Jew though... "

DJ Biscuit
12-02-2008, 20:22
I personally would jump at the chance of eternal life. Many say wouldn't it be hard seeing all your friends die, but eternal life means new friends, over and over again. Not only that you could take ricks, do extreme things and live to tell the tale.

DJ Biscuit
12-02-2008, 20:23
And you'd be able to find out what finally happens in the end of the series 'LOST!' :)

MissAnnElk
12-02-2008, 20:23
:devil: : " I wouldn't like to be a Eternal Jew though... "

Alright, now it's MY turn to ask you what exactly this means?

Korotky Gennady
12-02-2008, 20:28
Alright, now it's MY turn to ask you what exactly this means?

Eternal Jew - Hutchinson encyclopedia article about Eternal Jew (http://encyclopedia.farlex.com/Eternal+Jew)

MissAnnElk
12-02-2008, 20:33
Yeah, it was a Nazi propaganda film . . . but I still don't understand your comment.

Maybe I better walk away from this now.

Korotky Gennady
12-02-2008, 20:36
:devil: : " But in russian culture this image of Eternal Jew has the other connotations also... "

MissAnnElk
12-02-2008, 20:39
:devil: : " But in russian culture this image of Eternal Jew has the other connotations also... "

Well, you better educate me. I didn't get the subtleties, and I'm the first to admit I am not scholar of Russian history and culture. I'm worried I'm not going to like what I read.

Is there a smilie icon to denote [cringe]?

Korotky Gennady
12-02-2008, 20:40
Yeah, it was a Nazi propaganda film . . . but I still don't understand your comment.

Maybe I better walk away from this now.

No. This nazi film was called so after very famous medieaval tale about Eternal Jew. And really i wonder that you don't know this tale...

DJ Biscuit
12-02-2008, 20:46
I presume you are referring to the legend about a Jew who taunted Jesus on the way to the Crucifixion and was then cursed to walk the earth until the Second Coming.

In English this legend is called 'The Wandering Jew'.

Korotky Gennady
12-02-2008, 20:46
Cringe ? Why to cringe ?

MissAnnElk
12-02-2008, 20:48
I learned it as "The Wandering Jew." A seriously different connotation, although not always entirely flattering.

MissAnnElk
12-02-2008, 20:49
Anyhow, moving on . . .

Korotky Gennady
12-02-2008, 20:52
I presume you are referring to the legend about a Jew who taunted Jesus on the way to the Crucifixion and was then cursed to walk the earth until the Second Coming.

In English this legend is called 'The Wandering Jew'.

:devil: : " I think so... but in russian culture this legend is called Eternal Jew... And this have the other connotation here. Here it is about the jew who wants but can't die... "

For example this legend have been used in the novel " Golden Oven" of Ilf and Petrov.

MissAnnElk
12-02-2008, 21:16
Well, that has a hugely different connotation and perhaps you can see the challenges and landmines that are an natural part of well-intentioned intercultural exchange.

I'm glad I asked for clarification.

Yeah, I'm not sure eternal life would be so great either.

bluemidnight
12-02-2008, 21:24
No. Definitly no. Forever is much too long. I'd probably end up depressed, jaded, and world-weary.

Now, if I oculd modify it a bit and stay young for a few hundred years, that would be just wonderful. =)

DJ Biscuit
12-02-2008, 21:26
Forever is much too long.

Yeah, forever is about as long as it gets!

Albertina
13-02-2008, 01:52
If I lived forever, I'd have probably procrastinated even more than now... there wouldn't have been any reason for time management, goal achievements, etc.
Full nirvana!

Miracle77777
13-02-2008, 17:43
Very nice Thread, Dj!
And very useful....becuase now, when I have asked this question myself - I suddenly realized...How small, almost unnoticed indeed our Time here......

My first thought was - YES!!
I want to live forever!!
I want to see an evolution of Our World...to feel new waves of Life....to be able bring a lot of happyness and benefit to Humanity.....

But then - I realized, that it was just mine ambitions....
Even if I would live more than it should be - I will not recreate the whole world....and I will be not able to joy by this days, because part of me, will get older anyway......

So I decided - it is better to imagine, that I have just ~ ~ century ahead :rolleyes: and try to live the Best way, not wasting any minute of my precious existence......
And maybe then - I could make create smth really worthy, for saying after - I am not regret about my Life.....I did my best and I hope it helped someone......

:11109: :7534: :7525:

PS: To be honest on 100 percents :bowdown: - I would like to add to my Time about half of a century....but not more....;)

DJ Biscuit
13-02-2008, 18:01
Good points. I have thought about this subject for many years now, since around 1764 when I was given eternal life and to be honest it's a wonderful thing as you can make mistakes and go back and try again. Also imagine how many different careers and relationships you can have. All your dreams and fantasies come true and as life goes on and the world changes there are new dreams and new things to learn. You never get bored because you have time to do everything so strangely enough you use your time better.

bluemidnight
13-02-2008, 18:13
You never get bored because you have time to do everything so strangely enough you use your time better.

hehe. I'm not so sure about that part. I imagine I'd get quite bored at times. But then, you're the one with the experience. I've only lived a meager quarter century so far. =)

Korotky Gennady
14-02-2008, 00:25
Good points. I have thought about this subject for many years now, since around 1764 when I was given eternal life and to be honest it's a wonderful thing as you can make mistakes and go back and try again. Also imagine how many different careers and relationships you can have. All your dreams and fantasies come true and as life goes on and the world changes there are new dreams and new things to learn. You never get bored because you have time to do everything so strangely enough you use your time better.

So you are this famous Florida's Vampire they all speak about ? :eh:

Man then... :10168:

britpat1
14-02-2008, 00:47
I grew up fascinated with the Vampire tales, that is why I watched as many horror movies about them as I could. Black and white, the funny horror flicks and then the major hit horrors.

In all of them I fopund that there is a certain sadness to eternal life. The Vampires carried eternal life and mortality as a great burden or it turned them into bad apples.

BTW Miss A - love 'wind beneath my wings' and Beaches' - my sister's song for each other! She's a great comedian.

Korotky Gennady
14-02-2008, 01:41
In all of them I fopund that there is a certain sadness to eternal life. The Vampires carried eternal life and mortality as a great burden or it turned them into bad apples.

But those hollywood vampires are not DJes though... :11215:

Korotky Gennady
14-02-2008, 01:43
BTW Miss A - love 'wind beneath my wings' and Beaches' - my sister's song for each other! She's a great comedian.

What song and What Miss ? Eleborate... please.

SalTheReturn
14-02-2008, 01:52
reported

TGP
14-02-2008, 02:18
reported

:confused:

Miracle77777
14-02-2008, 02:23
:confused:

:iagree: > :confused1:

Korotky Gennady