PDA

View Full Version : Slavery......

rumple_stilskin
12-11-2014, 23:17
Here is a 13 minute video, 93% positive feedback. Almost 3 million views.

this about sums up a lot today.......

The Story of Your Enslavement - YouTube

AstarD
12-11-2014, 23:31
My enslavement? How am I enslaved?

Uncle Wally
12-11-2014, 23:38
Work shall set you free

Benedikt
13-11-2014, 07:32
Work shall set you free

and it did NOT work...
and for sure not for 1000 years as they thought it will last.

AstarD
13-11-2014, 09:24
Work is just the condition of man. If you don't work, you can't live.

Suuryaa
13-11-2014, 09:43
Here is a 13 minute video, 93% positive feedback. Almost 3 million views.

this about sums up a lot today.......

The Story of Your Enslavement - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A&list=UUC3L8QaxqEGUiBC252GHy3w)

It seems to me religions have contributed quite a lot to this system.

Uncle Wally
13-11-2014, 09:55
It seems to me religions have contributed quite a lot to this system.

They all have "flocks" no?

Uncle Wally
13-11-2014, 09:58
and it did NOT work...
and for sure not for 1000 years as they thought it will last.

Yeah but some people never learn.

Fantastika
13-11-2014, 10:42
I create work, the more work I create, the more money I have...

I've tried working, and being on welfare. I like working better, it gives me a sense of purpose, and I feel like I am part of the machine of our civilization.

Work is "activity with a purpose".

What I'm afraid of is if the government would forbid me to work, to put me on welfare. Then I would have no purpose.

Uncle Wally
13-11-2014, 11:44
I create work, the more work I create, the more money I have...

I've tried working, and being on welfare. I like working better, it gives me a sense of purpose, and I feel like I am part of the machine of our civilization.

Work is "activity with a purpose".

What I'm afraid of is if the government would forbid me to work, to put me on welfare. Then I would have no purpose.

You don't get it either do you. Did you watch the film?

AstarD
13-11-2014, 12:12
Blah blah blah. Always blaming somebody else for your problems. Waaaaaaaaaa, the mean evil exploiting controlling lizard people at the top won't let me be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Fantastika
13-11-2014, 12:21
You don't get it either do you. Did you watch the film?

Okay, I watched it.

The first time, I only watched a little, I got "Like all animals, human beings want to dominate and exploit their environment..."

Nooo.

Actually, I stopped listening after "Like all animals,"...

I'm not an animal. I'm a self-aware spiritual being.

It has some good points, and I understand them, but I can't agree with a film that starts out "man is an animal." It shows me the speaker does not fully comprehend the nature of people. And there's no solutions offered, except "break out"? What does that mean?

Ask Rusmeister. I respect his opinion.

It's past my bedtime, Spekolne noche, animals :)

Uncle Wally
13-11-2014, 13:09
Okay, I watched it.

The first time, I only watched a little, I got "Like all animals, human beings want to dominate and exploit their environment..."

Nooo.

Actually, I stopped listening after "Like all animals,"...

I'm not an animal. I'm a self-aware spiritual being.

It has some good points, and I understand them, but I can't agree with a film that starts out "man is an animal." It shows me the speaker does not fully comprehend the nature of people. And there's no solutions offered, except "break out"? What does that mean?

Ask Rusmeister. I respect his opinion.

It's past my bedtime, Spekolne noche, animals :)

Oh ok you're god fearing, it gets to that later on. What makes you think animals are not "aware" There is one thing that makes ALL living things equal and that is death, we are all going to die.

Suuryaa
13-11-2014, 13:51
Blah blah blah. Always blaming somebody else for your problems. Waaaaaaaaaa, the mean evil exploiting controlling lizard people at the top won't let me be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Lizard?

AstarD
13-11-2014, 13:53
You don't know about the lizard people? Slave.

Reptilians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yaks
13-11-2014, 15:27
ah heck since it's the theme and happens to be a cool song from my childhood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgRWJP1Ktww

Russian Lad
13-11-2014, 19:21
So, Rumple, what alternative do you suggest? I fully agree with the film, it has always been like that. But what to do?:) Personally, I am for netocracy, but these idiots may end up nuking us before we come to power. If we do, the consumption and those who consume will be on their knees (they are anyway, but we would like to get this flock under our control). It doesn't exclude the flock-master situation though. Most people are lazy/ignorant/uneducated. It is inevitable that they pay for this with their freedom.
For me, the freedom starts in my head. And I am free in my head. Are you?
I would say there are two types of freedom - the material freedom and the freedom of spirit. They don't coincide often. A billionaire can be a chained man in his spirit. A homeless or a person in prison can be free in his spirit. There is also the third type I may single out - the intellectual freedom - it is gained only if you are an intellectual and strive for it. Blah-blah-blah. I can write 100 pages on the sh't.

bydand
13-11-2014, 19:44
High percentage of government employees, and blaming external threats for failed policy.
Sounds like Russia to me.

Fantastika
13-11-2014, 20:21
Oh ok you're god fearing, it gets to that later on. What makes you think animals are not "aware" There is one thing that makes ALL living things equal and that is death, we are all going to die.

I'm not God-fearing. He's my main man. I like Him, and He likes me! Or She!

Yes, animals are aware. But humans are aware of being aware. Animals are not aware that they are aware.

The necessity of "work" does not make us "slaves". Work frees a person.

What would I do without work? I would have no purpose in life. Even if I win the lottery and buy a yacht, new mansion, fancy clothes, a small country...would I be happy? I think I would be happier with a job rather than no job. I might be rich, but there would be a hole inside me - no purpose.

Do you ever wonder why bureaucrats are so nasty? So unhappy? Because they don't really "work." They may sit in their office and surf the internet and when you want something done, you can see how unhappy they are.

The purpose of life is to work. :ninja:

If you doubt the Fantastikator, consider what happens when people *don't* have work. It causes revolutions - in Germany, 1930's too many people had no work. They revolted, and under Hitler, everybody worked. And they were happy, until they noticed bombs falling from the sky. In Russia, 1919 too many people without work. Now look at Ferguson, Missouri. All the rioters are people who do not work. Yes, they may collect $welfare, but welfare is not "work". They have no purpose in life, so they go crazy trying to create a purpose.

bydand
13-11-2014, 20:52
The main (if not only) difference between humans and other animals is that humans can respond rather than react.

If you understand this you are no slave; unless by choice. Nobody can take choice away from you, unless you can only react, and not respond.

Too much for some "slaves" to "understand" I guess. They might rather be victims than responsible for their own lives.

Suuryaa
13-11-2014, 20:56
You don't know about the lizard people? Slave.

Reptilians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilians)

Hey, reptilians are good! In my favourite stories they are.

Uncle Wally
13-11-2014, 20:58
I'm not God-fearing. He's my main man. I like Him, and He likes me! Or She!

Yes, animals are aware. But humans are aware of being aware. Animals are not aware that they are aware.

The necessity of "work" does not make us "slaves". Work frees a person.

What would I do without work? I would have no purpose in life. Even if I win the lottery and buy a yacht, new mansion, fancy clothes, a small country...would I be happy? I think I would be happier with a job rather than no job. I might be rich, but there would be a hole inside me - no purpose.

Do you ever wonder why bureaucrats are so nasty? So unhappy? Because they don't really "work." They may sit in their office and surf the internet and when you want something done, you can see how unhappy they are.

The purpose of life is to work. :ninja:

If you doubt the Fantastikator, consider what happens when people *don't* have work. It causes revolutions - in Germany, 1930's too many people had no work. They revolted, and under Hitler, everybody worked. And they were happy, until they noticed bombs falling from the sky. In Russia, 1919 too many people without work. Now look at Ferguson, Missouri. All the rioters are people who do not work. Yes, they may collect $welfare, but welfare is not "work". They have no purpose in life, so they go crazy trying to create a purpose.

You have been trained well.

Because most people are trained to look for someone else to take care of things for them. That's what most people don't even know the laws that goven them.

Uncle Wally
13-11-2014, 20:59
Hey, reptilians are good! In my favourite stories they are.

I bet you go around kissing frogs!

Nope no prince there!

Maybe that one!

Uncle Wally
13-11-2014, 21:11
The main (if not only) difference between humans and other animals is that humans can respond rather than react.

If you understand this you are no slave; unless by choice. Nobody can take choice away from you, unless you can only react, and not respond.

Too much for some "slaves" to "understand" I guess. They might rather be victims than responsible for their own lives.

What do you mean by "respond"? Animals can respond very well., better than some people.

Meet Koko,

A Conversation With Koko - YouTube

Uncle Wally
14-11-2014, 01:02
Had a dollar bill but the manager took it away,

Rare Earth / I Just Want To Celebrate / 1974 California Jam - YouTube

bydand
14-11-2014, 14:03
What do you mean by "respond"? Animals can respond very well., better than some people.

There is a difference between responding and reacting. Animals other than humans can be trained to react in such a manner that they seem to be responding; but what the animal does is not a considered response, it is an inherent or trained reaction. Hard to tell the difference sometimes, yet the difference is there.

Drop food in a fishbowl, the fish reacts, or not. It does not make a considered response.:11721:

Yaks
14-11-2014, 14:23
respond/react i think we are in a war of semantics.

Personally I am an anti-semantite

Uncle Wally
14-11-2014, 15:13
There is a difference between responding and reacting. Animals other than humans can be trained to react in such a manner that they seem to be responding; but what the animal does is not a considered response, it is an inherent or trained reaction. Hard to tell the difference sometimes, yet the difference is there.

Drop food in a fishbowl, the fish reacts, or not. It does not make a considered response.:11721:

Koko is speaking.

Armoured
14-11-2014, 15:24
Koko is speaking.

Has she learned to post random youtube videos yet?:lovepot:

bydand
14-11-2014, 16:56
Koko is speaking.

What did she say?

Uncle Wally
14-11-2014, 17:57
What did she say?

Bet your gravy sucking masters would know.

AstarD
14-11-2014, 18:54
But yours don't. I guess it's better to have knowledgeable masters than stupid ones.

Russian Lad
14-11-2014, 20:11
In a way, we are worse than animals, in our self-destruction proclivities. I am of a very high opinion about animals. Like I said once, some scientists claim we are more developed only thanks to our hands structure - imagine how far we would go if we had hooves or claws or wings instead of hands. Just got lucky on the evolution ladder, that's all. Doesn't make us superior in the larger scheme of things though. And in the long run, any significant change of the planet climate may wipe us off the planet entirely and some new species will dominate it - let's say, giant cockroaches with one hand and twenty fingers on it, able to sustain radiation and +100/-100C weather. If we don't exterminate ourselves first.

bydand
14-11-2014, 22:35
In a way, we are worse than animals, in our self-destruction proclivities. I am of a very high opinion about animals. Like I said once, some scientists claim we are more developed only thanks to our hands structure - imagine how far we would go if we had hooves or claws or wings instead of hands. Just got lucky on the evolution ladder, that's all. Doesn't make us superior in the larger scheme of things though. And in the long run, any significant change of the planet climate may wipe us off the planet entirely and some new species will dominate it - let's say, giant cockroaches with one hand and twenty fingers on it, able to sustain radiation and +100/-100C weather. If we don't exterminate ourselves first.

Never supposed I was better than animals, yes perhaps much worse; though I try and not hurt anyone. The cockroaches you speak of will most certainly IMHO need thumbs though.

Anyway, for now, cats rule the world, we do all the heavy lifting.

There is yet to be the penguin conspiracy understood.

Uncle Wally
14-11-2014, 22:52
But yours don't. I guess it's better to have knowledgeable masters than stupid ones.

Is that all you can do is make stupid spiteful comments.

AstarD
14-11-2014, 22:59
Is that all you can do is make stupid spiteful comments.

Just copying you, Willy.

MickeyTong
15-11-2014, 01:39
In a way, we are worse than animals.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishmael_(novel)

MickeyTong
15-11-2014, 01:53
Work is just the condition of man. If you don't work, you can't live.

Work??? There is technology to do that. People are redundant, and a problem.

http://marshallbrain.com/manna1.htm

MickeyTong
15-11-2014, 02:41
Here's a pointless YouTube video, just 'cos I like it :p

The Godfathers - Birth, School, Work, Death - YouTube

Fantastika
15-11-2014, 16:54
respond/react i think we are in a war of semantics.

Personally I am an anti-semantite

Bydand is right. "Respond" is much more general term than "react."

Wednesday: You are walking across the street, and are hit by a small red Lada.
Thursday: You are walking across the street, and are hit by a small red Ford.
Friday: You are walking across the street and you see a small red Peugeot approaching.

A "reaction" would be to run away in fear and panic, and mentally conclude "small red cars are evil"!
A "response" would be to think, "I am fine. What happened yesterday has no bearing on what happens today. I will continue to walk across the street, since the light is now green for me, and I have the right-of-way."

Animals react, humans respond (but sometimes humans react, and that, мальчики и девочки, is the problem.)

Fantastika
15-11-2014, 17:14
Never supposed I was better than animals, yes perhaps much worse; though I try and not hurt anyone. The cockroaches you speak of will most certainly IMHO need thumbs though.

Anyway, for now, cats rule the world, we do all the heavy lifting.

There is yet to be the penguin conspiracy understood.

Pogo (a penguin?) said "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Last night, I sent a mouse to Mickey Mouse heaven. At first I thought it was a huge beetle waddling in my kitchen, but closer inspection revealed it to be fur-covered. I softened it up with a huge dose of Raid (thinking it was a bug), then clobbered it with a big wooden spoon.

Insects I divide into categories. La Cucaracha gets the big flat foot of God. Ants go back to the nest with gifts of arsenic. But grasshoppers and crickets get scooped up in a box or gl**** then released in the front yard.

Last year, I was irritated by this snowbird squirrel wintering in the attic, running around, making a lot of noise. Like he was having a party every day! Finally I invited him down for beer and nuts, and I discovered he plays a good game of chess.

bydand
15-11-2014, 17:18
There is such a thing as a reactionary/reactionist.

Why no respondiary/respondenist?

Though there is a respondent.:agree:

Uncle Wally
16-11-2014, 00:29
Here's a pointless YouTube video, just 'cos I like it :p

The Godfathers - Birth, School, Work, Death - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO5dcW0P75M)

No just a sh!tty bar band.

Uncle Wally
16-11-2014, 00:32
There is such a thing as a reactionary/reactionist.

Why no respondiary/respondenist?

Though there is a respondent.:agree:

But what about those "gravy sucking pigs" that you work for?

You sure "respond" to them right? If you don't what happens?

Uncle Wally
16-11-2014, 00:53
bydand the monkeys don't care about taxes so who's got a better grip on life?

Uncle Wally
16-11-2014, 01:03
Pogo (a penguin?) said "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Last night, I sent a mouse to Mickey Mouse heaven. At first I thought it was a huge beetle waddling in my kitchen, but closer inspection revealed it to be fur-covered. I softened it up with a huge dose of Raid (thinking it was a bug), then clobbered it with a big wooden spoon.

Insects I divide into categories. La Cucaracha gets the big flat foot of God. Ants go back to the nest with gifts of arsenic. But grasshoppers and crickets get scooped up in a box or gl**** then released in the front yard.

Last year, I was irritated by this snowbird squirrel wintering in the attic, running around, making a lot of noise. Like he was having a party every day! Finally I invited him down for beer and nuts, and I discovered he plays a good game of chess.

Remember the "big flat foot of god" will someday come down on you and then you will be the same as a mouse. No you check that you won't be the same because many people will be happy you died so as they can grab your left over stuff. The mouse was smart enough to only leave little poops behind.

bydand
16-11-2014, 09:54
But what about those "gravy sucking pigs" that you work for?

You sure "respond" to them right? If you don't what happens?

You mean the government tax people and extortionists?
I don't work for them, they just take the gravy.
We work to satisfy and keep our customers happy. Its rather gratifying to make people happy. If they have an issue, we respond, not react. Do you understand the difference?

bydand
16-11-2014, 09:57
bydand the monkeys don't care about taxes so who's got a better grip on life?

If you want to be more like a monkey go ahead.

I don't.

Uncle Wally
16-11-2014, 10:09
You mean the government tax people and extortionists?
I don't work for them, they just take the gravy.
We work to satisfy and keep our customers happy. Its rather gratifying to make people happy. If they have an issue, we respond, not react. Do you understand the difference?

You have to pay them so you are working for them.

Fantastika
16-11-2014, 10:18

Meet Koko,

Wally, can Koko write a Shakespeare sonnet? Can he play Beethoven's Apassionata? Can he paint a Mona Lisa?

Fantastika
16-11-2014, 10:23

Think of it like the mafia. You have to pay them for protection, but the rest of it you keep for yourself. You're still working for yourself, it's just that you have to pay these dirtbags or bureaucrats taking a chunk of your blood and sweat. The question is, at what point does it become tyranny? 20%? 50%?

Fantastika
16-11-2014, 10:38
Remember the "big flat foot of god" will someday come down on you and then you will be the same as a mouse. No you check that you won't be the same because many people will be happy you died so as they can grab your left over stuff. The mouse was smart enough to only leave little poops behind.

The mouse wasn't smart enough to stay out of MY house. What is he, some kind of socialist rodent? Mikhail Mouse? He thinks we're supposed to share the house? No, he's a welfare mouse, he thinks we should share, but he doesn't contribute anything.

Mouse in my house
I am bothered by a mouse in my house
By a grousy little mouse in my house
I can't stand that mouse in my house

Joey Reynolds, the only human being who can speak 7 words a second...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbe2c7XysnU

bydand
16-11-2014, 11:11

No, they are working (not very well) for me. Just ask them.

Russian Lad
16-11-2014, 15:29
Wally, can Koko write a Shakespeare sonnet? Can he play Beethoven's Apassionata? Can he paint a Mona Lisa?

To compensate for the lack of such skills (it is not like every person can write like Shakespeare though, just to remind you), she is not polluting the environment, not inventing/using lethal weapons to kill millions of her own, not enslaving other monkeys. She is doing just fine and has the skills you don't have - she runs and climbs trees much faster than you. Dogs, for instance, can smell something way better than you, bats have a sonar you don't possess, you cannot fly like birds or even wasps do, etc. And she doesn't need to work to make a living.

Uncle Wally
16-11-2014, 20:55

Can you?

Uncle Wally
16-11-2014, 21:00
The mouse wasn't smart enough to stay out of MY house. What is he, some kind of socialist rodent? Mikhail Mouse? He thinks we're supposed to share the house? No, he's a welfare mouse, he thinks we should share, but he doesn't contribute anything.

Mouse in my house
I am bothered by a mouse in my house
By a grousy little mouse in my house
I can't stand that mouse in my house

Joey Reynolds, the only human being who can speak 7 words a second...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbe2c7XysnU

No it's you who weren't smart enough.