PDA

View Full Version : 10 month old baby

littlejohn
12-03-2004, 14:57
I am sure that I am not the only expat father in this situation: My Russian partner is at home all day with our ten month old baby boy and would like to meet up with other Russian mums in the same situation. Any body in the same situation so that we can get our wives/girlfriends/babies together?

Ledka
12-03-2004, 15:53
I would feel awful if my husband would try to get me together with some strangers. I am able to find friends myself. and why does she want to meet housewives only?

Lexis
14-03-2004, 23:44
I am with Ledka on this...

Can you not get your partner online? Maybe she is not English speaking and that is why you ask, but I am sure there are plenty of russian sites that would be great for her to meet friends....

Just my two cents on a dollar....

CaliforniaAngel
15-03-2004, 19:13
The guy has a good idea. Other at home moms married to expats might really enjoy meeting a woman in the same situation. An expat web site is the perfect place to make contacts. Littlejohn, I hope you are get some replies.

moscowmail
15-03-2004, 19:25
great idea, there is a new club opening soon i believe

Fa-Q!
15-03-2004, 20:07
C. Angel, even suggesting that mommies might be on this Site makes me seriously consider changing my behavior here.

Hugh Jass
16-03-2004, 09:36
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
C. Angel, even suggesting that mommies might be on this Site makes me seriously consider changing my behavior here.

Gettin' a little horny, aren't ya, Fa-Q ?

Tatiana
21-03-2004, 15:22
I am in the same situation as your wife: have a 6 month old baby and would like to start/join a playgroup to meet once a week in some child friendly place.

DaveUKagain
21-03-2004, 15:30
It`s a good idea indeed. Ledka, the point is not finding just friends, but finding expat friends in the same situation, I think .... I seem to recall that the wife of someone I knew - who was staying at Rosinka - made contact with some kind of ladies` club which was tea, coffee and chat - unfortunately I don`t have the contact e-mails any more, but this sort of thing really is needed, I reckon.

gogomo
26-03-2004, 14:43
I cannot understand what's wrong with this? She can search internet and not like the options or she might not have a pc at home. Unbelivable how people shows reaction to a husband who is trying to help his wife....I have 9,5 months old and would like to meet with your wife if she wants. Please reply to my private email, good luck and kiss your little baby for us..

moscowmail
26-03-2004, 14:55
I think Little John asked a good question, please do not make fun.

tgma
29-03-2004, 12:26
Eva.ru seems to be full of people like your wife.

Just don't come crying to me and asking for advice about how to prise your wife away from the computer once she gets addicted to it!

CaliforniaAngel
01-04-2004, 19:37
Ok... I feel I have to make this clear. People seem yo be misunderstanding the original request of this post.

Little John is an expat male, his wife is Russian. She would like to meet other Russian women with children, who are also married to expats.

I hope this helps. :)

tgma
05-04-2004, 10:03
My reply was facetious, but it's true that there are hordes of similar people on eva.ru. Plus you can find Russian women with small children in London, US, etc, mostly married to foreigners.

ANR
08-04-2004, 12:04
Originally posted by Ledka
I would feel awful if my husband would try to get me together with some strangers. I am able to find friends myself. and why does she want to meet housewives only?

Instead of being critical of a perfectly nice thing for a husband to request, go boast about your social skills on some other thread that doesnt involve insulting others!!!!!

ANR
08-04-2004, 12:08
Originally posted by gogomo
I cannot understand what's wrong with this? She can search internet and not like the options or she might not have a pc at home. Unbelivable how people shows reaction to a husband who is trying to help his wife....I have 9,5 months old and would like to meet with your wife if she wants. Please reply to my private email, good luck and kiss your little baby for us..

I agree! I have a 10 month old also and my husband and I are always open to meeting new people. While there are many English speaking baby groups that I know of, I'm not sure of any Russian ones. Send me a PM if you and your wife want to meet up with babies sometime, the more people she gets to know the better! It's wonderful she has a husband trying to help!