PDA

View Full Version : Krasnogorsk

Willard
08-11-2014, 12:56
We are looking to move to Krasnogorsk and would appreciate thoughts from anyone who lives there or close by. The reason to move is to get out of the centre to somewhere quieter and greener.

We are specifically interested in your experiences of the travel time into Moscow, for example we've been told about 20 mins to Tushinskaya metro.

Many thanks

FatAndy
08-11-2014, 13:49
Krasnogorsk is being developed strong enough last 5-6 years. I can't say it is quieter than Moscow areas between TTK and MKAD, according to one of my mates living there. He says, Mitino area (which is inside Moscow's admin borders close to Krasnogorsk) and Krasnogorsk itself look very similar, and I can't see much difference between Mitino (which i visit often enough) and my area near m. Chertanovskaya.

Benedikt
08-11-2014, 15:50
Krasnogorsk is being developed strong enough last 5-6 years. I can't say it is quieter than Moscow areas between TTK and MKAD, according to one of my mates living there. He says, Mitino area (which is inside Moscow's admin borders close to Krasnogorsk) and Krasnogorsk itself look very similar, and I can't see much difference between Mitino (which i visit often enough) and my area near m. Chertanovskaya.

Krasnogorsk is NOT MOSCOW!!!!!!

that is why there are all the hassles. with bridges, roads and the like that are to be built for the MKHD to hypers and the like. of course also all the taxes don't go into Moscow's coffers.

ConanS
08-11-2014, 18:04

To be honest, as someone living in Mitino, I'm not quite sure where the borders end and it becomes Krasnogorsk. It's a nice area, Mitino, and the metro is very new. And for what it's worth, based on my just-over-two-months' worth of living here, it takes about 45-90 minutes to get anywhere in Moscow/the Moscow region.

ConanS
08-11-2014, 18:09
We are specifically interested in your experiences of the travel time into Moscow, for example we've been told about 20 mins to Tushinskaya metro.

By metro, it'll be about an hour, from the Pyatnitskoye Shosse metro. Not sure how long it'll take by car, but 20 minutes sounds about right; I recall that taking a taxi from Rechnoy Vokzal (the last stop to the northern-most metro stop on the green line) was about that long.

Benedikt
08-11-2014, 19:21
We are looking to move to Krasnogorsk and would appreciate thoughts from anyone who lives there or close by. The reason to move is to get out of the centre to somewhere quieter and greener.

Many thanks

https://www.google.ru/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#newwindow=1&q=travel%20krasnogorsk%20to%20moscow
and since it is all in English, easy to understand. also some alternative routes. form personal experience I do not trust the times. I would add at least ONE HOUR for sitting in the traffic jam when travelling during the morning or evening rush hour. rather try to get to the nearest METRO station (Mitino / Tushino / SPARTAK is a new station, they also building parking houses there) either by public transport or leave your car at a parking spot around the Metro.

FatAndy
09-11-2014, 10:17
There is also rail/elektrichki connection from pl. Krasnogorskaya and pl. Pavshino to Rizhsky vokzal (m. Rizhskaya, orange line), and on the way between there are pl. Tushino (m. Tushinskaya, purple one), pl. Leningradskaya (m. Voikovskaya, green), pl. Dmitrovskaya (m. Dmitrovskaya, grey). Timetable see at rasp.yandex.ru

FatAndy
09-11-2014, 10:25
Krasnogorsk is NOT MOSCOW!!!!!!

that is why there are all the hassles. with bridges, roads and the like that are to be built for the MKHD to hypers and the like. of course also all the taxes don't go into Moscow's coffers.
Ja. Aber...

I see that big difference between Mow and Mow region is going smaller. Not so fast as we'd want, but faster than those 5-6 yrs ago. It has started yet with Iron Cap Mayor and that time Mow reg. governor, but developed lately.

ketpuch
12-11-2014, 11:36
Pretty good city. And I'm saying as the local)) And there is at least one expat living out here.

ConanS
12-11-2014, 13:20
Pretty good city. And I'm saying as the local)) And there is at least one expat living out here.

I feel that most expats are living in the 'burbs. It's nice to know that you're not alone, though!

Willard
18-11-2014, 12:01
Thanks, my first impressions are very favourable. Quick easy train to Pushino, and lovely quiet neighbourhood and very friendly people.

FatAndy
18-11-2014, 12:19
Thanks, my first impressions are very favourable.
Good then.

Quick easy train to Pushino
Tushino, you meant? Yes, but in peak hours may appear a hell - purple line of metro is the most loaded one (see wagons inside - they've dismounted seats on the ends to get more space for standing ppl).

lovely quiet neighbourhood and very friendly people.
Once more good. Check also kindergartens/schools/children playgrounds/clubs, if you have smaller kids. Also polyclinics, shops/shopping centers around

ConanS
18-11-2014, 22:10
Semi-related to this, but would anybody know what's the best way to get to Krasnogorsk from Pyatnitskoye Shosse? I'm currently negotiating to tutor someone in Krasnogorsk, and I'm a wee bit afraid of getting there via a maiden Russian bus voyage

More specifically, ulitsa Vilora Trifonova in Krasnogorsk

FatAndy
19-11-2014, 09:00
There are a lot of buses and marshrutki from both m. Mitino and m. Pyatnitskoe shosse. I think better to go there and ask marshrutki or bus drivers near metro. Or try to build the route on maps.yandex.ru with public transport. I guess it wil be suburb bus of 3xx-4xx route numbers.

ConanS
19-11-2014, 10:06
There are a lot of buses and marshrutki from both m. Mitino and m. Pyatnitskoe shosse. I think better to go there and ask marshrutki or bus drivers near metro. Or try to build the route on maps.yandex.ru with public transport. I guess it wil be suburb bus of 3xx-4xx route numbers.

Thanks! I was told that I could take bus 492 to get to my destination in about 20, but on Google Maps it looked like it would be at least 45 minutes. Still am a bit up in the air about how to get there, you know?

FatAndy
19-11-2014, 11:25
Thanks! I was told that I could take bus 492 to get to my destination in about 20, but on Google Maps it looked like it would be at least 45 minutes.
20 min - for empty roads in the night, 45 - at the daytime, I guess. Yandex says, it is 492 marshrutka (mini-bus), from m. Mitino, around 20 intermediate stop points, there is somewhat hospital stop, then 500 m by feet: http://maps.yandex.ru/?rtext=55.856373%2C37.354863~55.833390%2C37.288843&sll=37.287949%2C55.832773&sspn=0.051327%2C0.016666&rtt=mt&rtn=0&rtm=atm&source=route&ll=37.287949%2C55.832773&spn=0.051327%2C0.016666&z=15&l=map

Still am a bit up in the air about how to get there, you know?
My knowledge there is restricted to m. Mitino, m.Pyatnitskoe shosse, Mitino radiomarket and Otrada (shopping center and equestrian complex nearby).

ConanS
19-11-2014, 12:06
20 min - for empty roads in the night, 45 - at the daytime, I guess. Yandex says, it is 492 marshrutka (mini-bus), from m. Mitino, around 20 intermediate stop points, there is somewhat hospital stop, then 500 m by feet: http://maps.yandex.ru/?rtext=55.856373%2C37.354863~55.833390%2C37.288843&sll=37.287949%2C55.832773&sspn=0.051327%2C0.016666&rtt=mt&rtn=0&rtm=atm&source=route&ll=37.287949%2C55.832773&spn=0.051327%2C0.016666&z=15&l=map

My knowledge there is restricted to m. Mitino, m.Pyatnitskoe shosse, Mitino radiomarket and Otrada (shopping center and equestrian complex nearby).

Yeah, I'd be going in on Sunday mornings, so hopefully the traffic won't be too bad

FatAndy
19-11-2014, 12:12
Yeah, I'd be going in on Sunday mornings, so hopefully the traffic won't be too bad
If we consider Moscow + Moscow region adjacent suburbs as one whole, you may stuck into jam everywhere, any time of the day (including deep night), any day of the week, and hang for unpredicted period of time.

ConanS
19-11-2014, 12:17
If we consider Moscow + Moscow region adjacent suburbs as one whole, you may stuck into jam everywhere, any time of the day (including deep night), any day of the week, and hang for unpredicted period of time.

I'm from the Washington D.C. area, so I'm very familiar with horrendous traffic. Like I've said, I'm trying to get an idea of how long it'll nominally take just so I know how much time I should budget for reading on the bus:cool:.

FatAndy
19-11-2014, 12:29
I'm from the Washington D.C. area
Citadel of imperializom!!! :rant:

I'm trying to get an idea of how long it'll nominally take just so I know how much time I should budget for reading on the bus:cool:.
Non-predictable. Take one hour for the first time, even if worst data from Gugol or Yandex say 45 min, look how it goes, look around on the place (if it will be first time, you'll have to find a block/building/entrance, maybe asking locals where is dom 4, korpus 6, stroenie 37... manage with domofon).
Better to smoke bamboo a bit on the place :rasta:, than run, trying to get on time :plane:.

ConanS
19-11-2014, 12:39
Citadel of imperializom!!! :rant:

Non-predictable. Take one hour for the first time, even if worst data from Gugol or Yandex say 45 min, look how it goes, look around on the place (if it will be first time, you'll have to find a block/building/entrance, maybe asking locals where is dom 4, korpus 6, stroenie 37... manage with domofon).
Better to smoke bamboo a bit on the place :rasta:, than run, trying to get on time :plane:.

Yeah, I'm that decadent capitalist scumbag :mml:. And yeah, I plan on budgeting a ton of time to travel, given how I perennially mess up getting to places.

FatAndy
19-11-2014, 15:48
how I perennially mess up getting to places.
Yandex maps in satellite mode + route building with public transport may help.
https://mobile.yandex.ru/apps/maps/ - it's for mobile devices

Also don't hesitate to ask locals about ways/routes (though I don't know how good is your Russian) - there is one Russian proverb - "A tongue will lead you to Kiev" ;)

ConanS
19-11-2014, 16:07

Also don't hesitate to ask locals about ways/routes (though I don't know how good is your Russian) - there is one Russian proverb - "A tongue will lead you to Kiev" ;)

It's not very good at the moment, but I know "gde" and how to mime where I want to go

Armoured
19-11-2014, 16:15

I have not used more than once or twice so can't say how reliable but yandex transport app is supposed to have bus routes etc.

http://transport.yandex.ru/

You can also try MoovIt. Again, can't say how well it works in Moscow/oblast.

"A tongue will lead you to Kiev" ;)

Let's keep politics out of at least this one thread ))

Armoured
19-11-2014, 16:37
I'm from the Washington D.C. area, so I'm very familiar with horrendous traffic.

No. No. No. You have no idea how bad or unpredictable traffic can be in Moscow (nor, in my view, how good the public transport can be). DC traffic is an absolute dream compared to Moscow, like a nice village.

Even when they close streets in DC for the Pres or other visitors, they do it nicely, calmly, and for not very long. I have been stuck in motorcade-caused jams for up to two hours - 20 minutes not unusual.

Reset your traffic expectations.

And I checked that yandex.transport app, it is supposed to cover Marshrutki as well. You'll have to figure out at least some of the interface in Russian though.

Again, I don't know how well it does these things, but friends praise it. (They also criticise it, but no more than usual)

FatAndy
19-11-2014, 16:58
Let's keep politics out of at least this one thread ))
;) The proverb has appeared more than 1000 years ago

It's not very good at the moment, but I know "gde" and how to mime where I want to go
Mnye nu:zhno v Krasnogorsk na u:litsu Vilora Tri:fonova. Kakoi tuda: avtobus eelee marshru:tka?

ConanS
19-11-2014, 18:07
[SIZE="1"]

Mnye nu:zhno v Krasnogorsk na u:litsu Vilora Tri:fonova. Kakoi tuda: avtobus eelee marshru:tka?

Спасибо вам! I'm definitely going to need it

FatAndy
19-11-2014, 18:15
Спасибо вам! I'm definitely going to need it
Don't hesitate to ask, there is Russian language section here, intended for translation questions too. :rasta:
http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

ConanS
19-11-2014, 18:32
Don't hesitate to ask, there is Russian language section here, intended for translation questions too. :rasta:
http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Will do! Thankfully, my coworkers can help me out, but it is very, very handy to have that section of the forum. :lick:

ConanS
23-11-2014, 22:47
Belated update from earlier today: after some broken English/Russian talking and a phone call, I managed to get to my destination in Krasnogorsk. It took ~20 minutes to get there, and about 50 minutes to get back.

FatAndy
24-11-2014, 09:16
Belated update from earlier today: after some broken English/Russian talking and a phone call, I managed to get to my destination in Krasnogorsk. It took ~20 minutes to get there, and about 50 minutes to get back.
You lucky f@$%!! Die Hard 2

ConanS
24-11-2014, 12:06
You lucky f@$%!! Die Hard 2

Teehee :hooray: