PDA

View Full Version : jesus smoked pot. yup, it's in the good book

peyote
12-03-2004, 11:12
i myself cannot believe it either. seriozno.:D

Ned Kelly
12-03-2004, 11:19
i like how the focus of your photo now reflects the vision of one coming off chemicals :p

peyote
12-03-2004, 11:25
Originally posted by Ned Kelly i like how the focus of your photo now reflects the vision of one coming off chemicals :p
is that envy? :D

all comments are welcome. specially those not related to the thread at all. those are the best! c'mon guys! sheer up!

Ned Kelly
12-03-2004, 11:39
[QUOTE]Originally posted by peyote
[B]is that envy? :D

no, probably more paranoia. couldn't work out if it was me, the computer or you.

Ned Kelly
12-03-2004, 11:46
Originally posted by Alethea
I live you, guys, alone. you seemingly get on very well on here;)

i think peyote is entranced by your avatar;)

peyote
12-03-2004, 11:47
Originally posted by Alethea did you say *cheer up*? *sheer up* sounds marine to me you want me to be high and spell correctly? high expectations you have...my dear :D
besides, sheer (deviate your course) up might also be a small hint... are you joining me?
nu?
what about this?

Alethea
12-03-2004, 11:50
Originally posted by peyote
you want me to be high ?
.. are you joining me?

I'm join-t-ing you :D

peyote
12-03-2004, 11:50
for the record, that is, for the patriot act record, i repeat: I AM NOT HIGH... read my lips: I AM NOT HIGH...
aummmmmm!

oh aletica please don't go... (kneeling and praying)

peyote
12-03-2004, 11:52
these guys got real high quality stuff... they're full of it.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/backissues/cc11/christ.html

peyote
12-03-2004, 17:07
aletica?

Alethea
12-03-2004, 17:09
yes, my sweet...what are you trying to tell me?

peyote
12-03-2004, 17:38
just that i'll miss you this weekend... :(

Alethea
12-03-2004, 17:40
you are going to be fine, sweetie-potty, mind you:)
I will be missing you too, though.

Random
12-03-2004, 17:43
Hand me that bucket of cold water ....

peyote
12-03-2004, 17:51
aletica, please give him the bucket....it's hot out there!

back on thread:
jesus was a stoner!!!!

c'mon you all baptists wackos! :D

DJ Biscuit
12-03-2004, 17:58
There is also a high probablility that he was gay.

Or didn't actually exist at all.

aliwilliams
12-03-2004, 18:02
This didn't all start way back in the mists of time with Kevin Smith by any chance? Jay and silent Bob?

The black disciple in Dogma?

and then this?

I was gonna go to work but then I got high
I just got a new promotion but I got high
now I'm selling dope and I know why
- cause I got high

Still if Jesus toked that means all the more reason for me to.

I want to smell green!!!!

R.J.
13-03-2004, 03:58
Jesus a pot-head? you guys must be high on something....why don't you go and see the film The Passion of the Christ, maybe afterwards you can see clearer re the truth of who and what Jesus was/is????
Roland

DaveUKagain
13-03-2004, 14:33
Well, all the Rastafarians seem to have found something in the good ol` book which allows `em to toke away...... of course, it`s pure religion in their case which drives `em to smoke de ganga, mon - no other "extraneous factors". ;-)))))

The Buddha was also said to have survived on one grain of rice a day - must have been a damn big one or the statues of him are a bit out of proportion. ;-))))))

Deuteronomy 23:1 has some interesting advice about the price of admission to the Kingdom of Heaven, by the way..... careful out there, folks...... ;-))))))

dapoopa
13-03-2004, 16:26
I heard it was one hemp seed per day...very nutritious you know...

DaveUKagain
14-03-2004, 01:49
Originally posted by R.J.
Jesus a pot-head? you guys must be high on something....why don't you go and see the film The Passion of the Christ, maybe afterwards you can see clearer re the truth of who and what Jesus was/is????
Roland

I recently heard "The Passion of the Christ" described as a "Christian snuff movie"....... thanks, RJ, but no thanks.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2096025/

Stood in Manchester tonight listening to some members of the happy-clappy tambourine set and reminded myself of the medieval doctrine that man could never know the mind of God. That`ll do me - so much for the aescetics, flagellationists, drunks who find God in a bottle, saved, halleluiah, cabbalists, philosophers, saints, bishops and gurus...... show me a man who thinks he has the key to the door and he`s probably in the wrong office block. ;-))))

R.J.
14-03-2004, 02:45
DaveUK:
Maybe instead of listening to herarsays.... whenever the film gets to Moscow you should go see it with an open mind...

Racing Post
14-03-2004, 03:56
Originally posted by peyote
i myself cannot believe it either. seriozno.:D

Please quote the scripture. C'mon, you have made a sweeping statement - now back it up with........something!

DaveUKagain
14-03-2004, 05:42
Originally posted by R.J.
DaveUK:
Maybe instead of listening to herarsays.... whenever the film gets to Moscow you should go see it with an open mind...

RJ. I`ll be happy to watch anything with an open mind which has been made by someone with an open mind...... I`m in the UK, the film is on general release here already but I won`t be going to see it. Religion is not for me - if I believe in anything, it`s in Baruch Spinoza`s view of God.

DaveUKagain
14-03-2004, 06:10
Originally posted by Racing Post
Please quote the scripture. C'mon, you have made a sweeping statement - now back it up with........something!

Hiya RP !! - from what I vaguely remember, Rastafarians have a selective interpretation of the Bible. A lot of it, they say, is written by Babylon (Rome) - and they also include some of the apocrypha - including the Book of Enoch. (Presumably not Enoch Powell - I digress :) ) Apparently the version they read has references in it to a sacred "herb" - there y`go, spliff up, brother.... there`s apparently a Biblical edict which forbids cutting hair - dreadlocks, anyone ?? - and how Haillie Selassie became His Imperial Majesty is quite beyond my powers of explanation. Or anyone elses` apart from a Rastafarian, I think....... I know a lot of the apocrypha have some kind of Ethiopian Christian tie-in, so that may go some way to explaining it, but..... well, a religion telling you to grow your hair and smoke dope, eh ?? ;-))))))

You may correctly deduce from the photo that Dave here ain`t a Rasta - not enough dreadlocks and I gave up smoking anything other than Cuban stogies a long, long, long time ago....... ;) Ras iri, mon !!

Racing Post
14-03-2004, 10:46
Thanks for the explanation Dave. Seems like you know more about the subject than the original poster!!

I thought it was some kind of play on words. Much the same as a little ditty we used to say as kids.

Apparently according to scripture Jesus rode a motor bike!

He supposedly came on the clouds in (on a) triumph - or something like that.

I didn't think the Mel Gibson film was released in the UK until 26th March.

I have seen it. I was able to get a pirate copy from one of these computer whizz kids that sell CD's at a car boot sale. Not only that one but also Cold Mountain and Sea Biscuit - 3 for a Fiver!

Regarding the film, it is quite harrowing. When you breathe a sigh of relief that the relentless flogging of Jesus at last stops, the Roman sodldiers start again with more severe whips. It is also quite touching in parts when shown from the mothers (Mary) perspective.

Unfortunately the last 20 minutes of the film was missing, presumably thr resurrection, but i have read thhe book and know the ending!

DaveUKagain
14-03-2004, 15:43
"but i have read thhe book and know the ending!"

Turns out the butler did it ? ;-)))))

DJ Biscuit
15-03-2004, 14:33
Mel Gibson as Hamlet....

'' To be or not to be?.......Strewth what a dilemma.''

I am with Dave here, religion is not for me, too violent and bigoted. ( that'll earn some responses)

Soldja of Ganja
15-03-2004, 14:37
Legalize it, and den we'll advertize it..
Jesus smoke it, and Moses Mohammad too
So you gotta legalize it..
Buddha smoke it, and he like it
Krishna eat it, and even Shivaji too
So you got to legalize it, and den we'll advertize it..

Fa-Q!
15-03-2004, 14:53
f

DJ Biscuit
15-03-2004, 15:03
Must you use such awful words on Expat cafe?

Please remove the word Baptist from your post, it is offensive.

Fa-Q!
15-03-2004, 15:07
That's a good one, DJ.