PDA

View Full Version : Visa to Spain for Russian Mrs

matlockk
11-02-2008, 13:46
I am now married and my wife and I want to go privately to Spain this summer without going through an agent/tour. Is it easy/necessary for the wife of an EU citizen to have a visa?

Frank
11-02-2008, 21:24
If you own a property down there its fairly straight forward for your Missus (copy of Escritura plus nota simple) and even if not she will still get the visa free if you are a EU citizen but you will need all the holiday package details.

I am now married and my wife and I want to go privately to Spain this summer without going through an agent/tour. Is it easy/necessary for the wife of an EU citizen to have a visa?

Pobman
12-02-2008, 08:16
I am going to have to hit you for those details again Frank as I think this year we may actually get that 'simple to get visa' you have been telling me about for the past 6 million years!

C U in spain ;)

Judge
15-02-2008, 14:04
When a russian is married to an EU citizen the Schengen visa is very easy to get.You don't even have to fill in most of the application form,make sure you take along your marriage certificate .If i'm not mistaken you don't even have to prove where you are staying or flight details,but some embassies ask for this.

Here is the application form,it tells you under question 28 about what not to fill in if you are married to an eu citizen.
The italian embassy guy asked me for my wifes hotel booking and flight details but I could have argued that I didn't need to show him them,but the guy was being a real pain in the you know what,so I showed him.

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/IMG/pdf/visagb.pdf

matlockk
15-02-2008, 14:52
When a russian is married to an EU citizen the Schengen visa is very easy to get.You don't even have to fill in most of the application form,make sure you take along your marriage certificate .If i'm not mistaken you don't even have to prove where you are staying or flight details,but some embassies ask for this.

Here is the application form,it tells you under question 28 about what not to fill in if you are married to an eu citizen.
The italian embassy guy asked me for my wifes hotel booking and flight details but I could have argued that I didn't need to show him them,but the guy was being a real pain in the you know what,so I showed him.

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/IMG/pdf/visagb.pdf

Thanks a lot my lord!