PDA

View Full Version : Catching a hockey game

ConanS
22-10-2014, 21:49
Hi all, I was planning on going to the Dinamo Moscow game this coming Monday, the 27th, at 7:30. I was wondering if anybody else, whether you're a hockey aficionado or a casual fan or someone who wants to go to a local sporting event, would like to meet up and watch the game. Tickets are relatively cheap, ranging from roughly $5-50, which is a steal compared to back home. Let me know if you'd want to meet up, as well!

Butterfly2014
23-10-2014, 14:43
If a group of you are going and happy to book a hostel centrally or such for after then I'm in - don't wanna be getting lost solo in the cold and dark after though

ConanS
23-10-2014, 21:47
If a group of you are going and happy to book a hostel centrally or such for after then I'm in - don't wanna be getting lost solo in the cold and dark after though

Not sure if anybody else other than me is going. The station is off of the red line (Sportivnaya), so it wouldn't be that far of a walk. I do understand that it may be relatively late and cold though, so we can try to work something out.

ConanS
24-10-2014, 19:05
Also, for those of you who care to know, Dinamo Moscow is playing Latvia's Dinamo Riga. Should be a decent game for sure.

ConanS
26-10-2014, 10:15
Also, in order of price (from cheapest to most expensive), they're 100, 200, 250, 300, 500, 700, 1000, 1200, and 1500. Hope this helps, if anybody is still on the fence about coming.

ConanS
29-10-2014, 23:15
If anybody's interested, the next Dynamo game is this Sunday at 5:30 against Jokerit Helsinki

Jully
30-10-2014, 19:00
hi! i was planning to go Nov.12th, CSKA- Lokomotiv (Yaroslavl), as i'm for Lokomotiv and this date is the nearest they play in Moscow., you can join!

ConanS
04-11-2014, 14:48
hi! i was planning to go Nov.12th, CSKA- Lokomotiv (Yaroslavl), as i'm for Lokomotiv and this date is the nearest they play in Moscow., you can join!

Ah sorry, I'm working that day =(. Thanks for the offer though, as I'd love to catch a CSKA game sometime!

Raikard
09-11-2014, 22:18

Hello! Are you going to come to this game? I think I could go, I'm sort of someone who wants to come to a local sporting event (if reffer to ConanS classification))... and love hockey very much! The last time I was at such sporting competition Is when I was at school, so I don't surely know how to book tickets, rules and so on now. But I really whant to come this day or the other, depends on my health recently.

ConanS
09-11-2014, 22:22
Hello! Are you going to come to this game? I think I could go, I'm sort of someone who wants to come to a local sporting event (if reffer to ConanS classification))... and love hockey very much! The last time I was at such sporting competition Is when I was at school, so I don't surely know how to book tickets, rules and so on now. But I really whant to come this day or the other, depends on my health recently.

If it helps, here's Dynamo's schedule: http://www.dynamo.ru/calendar/. I can't make it to that game, but I definitely plan on going to as many ones that are on Sundays and Mondays.

Raikard
10-11-2014, 21:24
If it helps, here's Dynamo's schedule: http://www.dynamo.ru/calendar/. I can't make it to that game, but I definitely plan on going to as many ones that are on Sundays and Mondays.

Thanks for information! I see I can also buy tickets from this site, so problems with tickets not so serious now)) If Jully don't reply, I won't go this wendesday, don't wanna go alone) Let me know when exactly you are going, maybe I could join!

ConanS
10-11-2014, 21:27
Thanks for information! I see I can also buy tickets from this site, so problems with tickets not so serious now)) If Jully don't reply, I won't go this wendesday, don't wanna go alone) Let me know when exactly you are going, maybe I could join!

Awesome, sounds great! Also, you can buy tickets the day of the game, but be warned that the ticket booth is about 5 minutes away from the stadium/from Sportivnaya metro. It can be easy to miss (happened to me twice), but there isn't any pressure to buy tickets in advance.

mariavz
07-12-2014, 22:05
hello guys, for the next hockey event i am in! let me know, thanks

ConanS
08-12-2014, 10:46
hello guys, for the next hockey event i am in! let me know, thanks

The next home Dynamo Moscow game isn't until next month. I can check to see CSKA Moscow's schedule and let you know. The more the merrier I say!

zzhhst
09-12-2014, 00:44
Go Detroit RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to go. However, wont be back in Moscow until March 15th

Butterfly2014
22-12-2014, 11:27
Still keen to go to a Monday game in the new year

ConanS
22-12-2014, 13:38
Still keen to go to a Monday game in the new year

Sadly, there's no Monday home Dynamo Moscow games in January and February

Butterfly2014
22-12-2014, 14:05
Sadly, there's no Monday home Dynamo Moscow games in January and February

Maybe later in the year then

ConanS
22-12-2014, 15:18
Maybe later in the year then

There are some Saturday and Sunday ones, if you have the time

mariavz
17-01-2015, 20:46
hello, do you have the schedule for january and february? or some link where to check it? thanks

Jana2015
20-01-2015, 20:40
I would love to catch a hockey game some time. Saturdays work best for me.

Uncle Wally
20-01-2015, 21:54
There are some Saturday and Sunday ones, if you have the time

There three other KHL teams in Moscow.

ConanS
21-01-2015, 12:42

Spartak Moscow isn't playing this season, and Vityaz and Atlant involve taking the buses after the metro (so it's a bit inconvenient for me, at least). Though I need to look up the VHL and MHL teams, come to think of it.

ConanS
21-01-2015, 12:43
hello, do you have the schedule for january and february? or some link where to check it? thanks

Here's Dynamo's: http://www.dynamo.ru/calendar/

ConanS
21-01-2015, 12:50

Well, technically. Atlant and Vityaz are in Moscow region whereas CSKA and Dynamo (and Spartak) are in Moscow proper.

Uncle Wally
21-01-2015, 19:13
Spartak Moscow isn't playing this season, and Vityaz and Atlant involve taking the buses after the metro (so it's a bit inconvenient for me, at least). Though I need to look up the VHL and MHL teams, come to think of it.

I didn't know that. Maybe that's why my friend's friend got traded.

I have a friend who's childhood friend played for Spartak. I haven't been watching much hockey this year.

Oh and what about the Soviet Wings? They're in Moscow.

ConanS
21-01-2015, 20:04
I didn't know that. Maybe that's why my friend's friend got traded.

I have a friend who's childhood friend played for Spartak. I haven't been watching much hockey this year.

Oh and what about the Soviet Wings? They're in Moscow.

It basically came down to not having enough sponsor money for this season, yeah. Though Spartak's MHL team has been operating and doing well-they won the Junior Cup in summer.

Uncle Wally
21-01-2015, 22:43
It basically came down to not having enough sponsor money for this season, yeah. Though Spartak's MHL team has been operating and doing well-they won the Junior Cup in summer.

That's too bad, my dad saw the Boston Bruins play the Soviet Wings in 1975 or 76 at the Boston Garden. The Wings won.

ConanS
21-01-2015, 23:12
That's too bad, my dad saw the Boston Bruins play the Soviet Wings in 1975 or 76 at the Boston Garden. The Wings won.

Yeah, hopefully they'll be back next season. Rumors have it that Yugra will leave the league, so if that's the case and assuming the money is there, Spartak may be back sooner rather than later.

ConanS
25-01-2015, 15:42
If anybody wanted to tag along, I'm planning to catch the Dynamo-Vityaz game on the first as a sort of (not quite belated*) birthday celebration

*my birthday is on the 30th, but I unfortunately can't break away to catch the Dynamo-Lokomotiv Yaroslavl game that day

ConanS
28-01-2015, 00:06
If anybody wants to come with my buddies and I, we're still planning on going this coming Sunday. Plus, you'd get to hang out with a bunch of EF teachers, in case you'd want to practice your English. Just saying.

mariavz
30-01-2015, 18:39
do you mean this sunday, 1 of feb? if yes, i am in!! please tell place and time. happy birthday, wish you all the best

ConanS
30-01-2015, 18:55
do you mean this sunday, 1 of feb? if yes, i am in!! please tell place and time. happy birthday, wish you all the best

We are, yeah. I was planning to get there around 4, but my friends and I may hang out and pregame at one of their nearby apartments before heading over.

ConanS
30-01-2015, 18:59
The Luzhniki Minor Rink is off of the Sportivnaya metro (red line), and you naturally will take the Luzhniki exit from the metro

Uncle Wally
30-01-2015, 19:11
The Luzhniki Minor Rink is off of the Sportivnaya metro (red line), and you naturally will take the Luzhniki exit from the metro

Oh and happy birthday ��

ConanS
31-01-2015, 16:18
Oh and happy birthday ��

Thanks! I'll admit that the thought of being back in my happy place (aka the rink) has gotten me through the week, if not today

ConanS
09-02-2015, 15:55
Me again. I was planning on going to the second-to-last game of the regular season on the 22nd (a Sunday)-Dynamo plays Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod at 5. If anybody wants to tag along, let me know!

neco101
10-02-2015, 00:12
Hi

I'm definitely interested in catching a hockey game on the 22nd!
I've only ever watched live field hockey - never on ice!

ConanS
10-02-2015, 13:41
Hi

I'm definitely interested in catching a hockey game on the 22nd!
I've only ever watched live field hockey - never on ice!

Awesome, sounds great! You'll really like it, as Dynamo is 3rd in the Western Conference

ConanS
16-02-2015, 15:11
Anybody else down to meet up and go to the game?

xt-tsi
16-02-2015, 20:51
yeah

Uncle Wally
16-02-2015, 22:47
yeah

Remember what happened last time you said "Go Seahawks!"

ConanS
17-02-2015, 14:06
Anybody interested? Bueller? Bueller?