PDA

View Full Version : More Hypocrisy & Sanctions - Shamil Tarpischev demonized by Western media

Fantastika
21-10-2014, 15:01
Shamil Tarpischev, President of the Russian Tennis Federation, has been demonized by the Western media, for making a joke:

Shamil joked that the Williams sisters were the Williams "brothers."

Just another example of the double standard - a Western leader can make a joke about nuclear missiles and it is treated as a joke, but a Russian leader making a similar joke, it is considered not as a joke, but as a threat

http://perezhilton.com/fitperez/2014-10-20-serena-williams-calls-russian-tennis-federation-head-bully#.VEY21SLF9Wo

Williams said she was "extremely offended" and Shamil's comment was "extremely racist" and "sexist".

This is sheer hypocrisy - Williams' father is well known for making racist comments, such as "My daughters can beat those skinny white girls."

Williams herself once threatened an ethnic Korean line-judge, saying she was going to "shove the $%^&# ball down your throat." She has had other encounters, such as 2009 US Open, when she violated the rules - shouting at the other player, and then arguing with the Greek umpire about it.

For making a joke, Shamil has been fined $25,000 and banned from the WTA.

A decent and honorable man, the "Father of Russian Tennis" Shamil Tarpischev has worked long and hard, for years, to develop world-class athletes. He is an inspiration to young tennis players throughout the Russian Federation.

Now he is the latest victim, his character assassinated by thousands of journalistic-thugs, of the hate-mongering Russia-bashing Western media.

TolkoRaz
21-10-2014, 15:15
I have always wondered why those 2 had not been forced to play in the men's competition - they are brutes!

Fantastika
21-10-2014, 15:33
I have always been suspicious of Serena and steroids. She shows behavior that could arise from steroid use, such as her periodic angry outbursts. There was the incident of the drug tester at her house one evening, I never was clear on what happened; periodically they are supposed to be tested.

The WTA would never do anything that would lower the amount of cash coming in, such as discipline her beyond slapping her wrist.

TolkoRaz
22-10-2014, 10:26
I may be incorrect, but I do seem to recall that one of the brother's was penalised on court for bad behaviour and had to concede the match.

Fantastika
22-10-2014, 15:36
She seems to go out of control at the US Open:

2009:

US Open 2009- Serena Williams Disqualified Foot Fault - YouTube

Technically, in some US states, it is the crime of "assault" - "assault" being defined as threatening someone and having the ability to carry through the threat. She is a lot bigger than than the line judge. The fine was $85,000 + $10,000 from another org.

2011: Very difficult to find any video, USTA seems to have censored the Youtube replays.

Serena Williams Shouts At Umpire in 2011 US Open final - YouTube

She was fined a paltry $2000 for her 2011 outburst, and never apologized.

I don't think WTA does any drug tests on her. They don't want to do anything to endanger the career of their biggest cash cow, and they are terrified of being labeled "racists."

Their coach-father also never quite got out of the ghetto. One comment: "Yahoo reported today that Venus & Serena's father said,"Well, Im black and Im prejudiced, very prejudiced. People are prejudiced in tennis. I dont think Venus or Serena was ever accepted by tennis. They never will be. But if you get some little white no-good trasher in America like Tracy Austin or Chris Evert, who cannot hit the ball, they (the media) will claim this is great, he said."

TolkoRaz
22-10-2014, 15:41
Interesting quote from their father!

Is that what they refer to as Double Standards? ;)

Armoured
22-10-2014, 15:42
I don't think WTA does any drug tests on her.

I assume all professional sports are corrupt, but it's easy enough to check on the USADA's site:

http://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

(Select year, sport and family name)

In 2014 (as of whatever date), each of the Williams has been tested 6 times.

TolkoRaz
22-10-2014, 15:44
Equally interesting comment about drug testing.

Am quite sure that if they were not regularly subjected to drugs testing, like the white-trash players are, the white-trash players would soon be asking questions as to why not!

For his reason, I am sure they have been tested - but may be they had so many drugs in them, the machine appeared faulty!

Fantastika
22-10-2014, 16:03
Interesting quote from their father!

Is that what they refer to as Double Standards? ;)

Same "double standard" as when New Zealand Prime Minister Key is meeting with Dmitry Medyedev. Key makes a joke about nuclear missiles, and media considers it a joke. Medyedev makes a similar joke, but media says it is a serious threat, not a joke.

I think Russians have sense of humor that used to be in America in 1930's - 1950's. USA has "progressed" to selective sense of humor. It is very limited today, what is "funny." Any member of any gender, race, ethnicity, etc. can be easily "offended." Americans don't understand Russian culture or Russian sense of humor. Americans don't accept that Russian media might also ridicule Obama or Bush, in the same manner as Hillary Clinton compared VVP to Hitler.

Armoured
22-10-2014, 16:15
Same "double standard" as when New Zealand Prime Minister Key is meeting with Dmitry Medyedev. Key makes a joke about nuclear missiles, and media considers it a joke. Medyedev makes a similar joke, but media says it is a serious threat, not a joke.

I can't see anywhere where the media says Medvedev's comments were a serious threat. Typical is this:

The comments came as New Zealands Prime Minister John Key revealed he was bantering with Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev earlier this year when the latter brought up the issue of nuclear war.

So were having this joke exchange and one point I said to him: How long would it take a missile to get out from Moscow to NZ? Key recalled.

Medvedev briefly consulted an aide before turning back to the NZ leader. Key said: He said, Dont worry, Ill let you know before it happens.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1028660-world-war-3-vladimir-putin-threatens-west-with-russias-5000-nuclear-weapons/

Makes it pretty clear the context is joking, and the response perhaps awkward and stiff, but none where the media say his comments were a 'serious threat.'

Clearly most don't have a good sense of humour about nuclear weapons - as evidenced by the reaction to Reagan's "outlaw Russia forever" (which, personally, I thought was pretty funny as a microphone warm-up joke).

Fantastika
22-10-2014, 16:15
Equally interesting comment about drug testing.

Am quite sure that if they were not regularly subjected to drugs testing, like the white-trash players are, the white-trash players would soon be asking questions as to why not!

For his reason, I am sure they have been tested - but may be they had so many drugs in them, the machine appeared faulty!

There was an incident, 1-2 years ago, where Serena Williams called police about a "burglar" at her house in California. The "burglar" turned out to be a drug-tester. Weird. I don't know what happened, but the Tennis people hushed up whatever it was.

Fantastika
22-10-2014, 21:22

I think Russians have sense of humor that used to be in America in 1930's - 1950's. USA has "progressed" to selective sense of humor. It is very limited today, what is "funny." Any member of any gender, race, ethnicity, etc. can be easily "offended." Americans don't understand Russian culture or Russian sense of humor. Americans don't accept that Russian media might also ridicule Obama or Bush, in the same manner as Hillary Clinton compared VVP to Hitler.

I think I should have said, that the Left (the Progressives) and their American media do not have a sense of humor. Yes, there is the Comedy Channel, and Saturday Night Live, but their jokes are directed only at selected targets - white males, Christians, Republicans. Anyone who jokes (or even criticizes) any of the Left's heroes or preferred segments of society is labeled a "racist", "sexist" "homophobic".

Was this one of the advantages of the CCCP? Everyone was forced together, one ideology, one system, everyone was "comrade", so racism didn't exist. No wonder Russians don't understand, let alone agree with, American obsession with "racism."

TolkoRaz
22-10-2014, 22:25
There was an incident, 1-2 years ago, where Serena Williams called police about a "burglar" at her house in California. The "burglar" turned out to be a drug-tester. Weird. I don't know what happened, but the Tennis people hushed up whatever it was.

A white one or a black one? :confused:

Fantastika
22-10-2014, 22:56
A white one or a black one? :confused:

FOXNews.com :

Serena Williams fled to the panic room in her Los Angeles mansion when she mistook a sports association drug tester for a dangerous intruder.
The tennis legend's assistant called 911 around 6:00am local time last Wednesday and told the emergency operator that a prowler had been spotted at the luxurious property, TMZ reported.
Williams retreated to her panic room in a bid to protect herself.
But the intruder turned out to be a random drug tester who stopped by unannounced for a urine sample.
Cops responded to the 911 call but quickly left the property when the misunderstanding was discovered.
*It was not known whether Williams submitted to the drug test.* (my asterisks)

What's odd? A drug tester showing up at 06:00?

She loses 6-0, 6-2 today. Maybe she ran out of her "special coffee"? :9456:

Still possible Maria can get No. 1 ranking to the end of the year.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/11743089/wta-finals-serena-williams-loses-round-robin-play-continues

Yaks
23-10-2014, 01:56
I think I should have said, that the Left (the Progressives) and their American media do not have a sense of humor. Yes, there is the Comedy Channel, and Saturday Night Live, but their jokes are directed only at selected targets - white males, Christians, Republicans. Anyone who jokes (or even criticizes) any of the Left's heroes or preferred segments of society is labeled a "racist", "sexist" "homophobic".

Was this one of the advantages of the CCCP? Everyone was forced together, one ideology, one system, everyone was "comrade", so racism didn't exist. No wonder Russians don't understand, let alone agree with, American obsession with "racism."

yes racism didn't exist and there was no sex in the soviet union...

Fantastika
23-10-2014, 02:13
yes racism didn't exist and there was no sex in the soviet union... Looks like I exaggerated... :ignore: