PDA

View Full Version : Australian Film Festival 2008

Umutt65
08-02-2008, 14:18
2 – 6 April, Moscow - Khudozhestvenny cinema, 14 Arbatskaya Sq
9 – 13 April, St. Petersburg - Dom Kino, 12 Karavannaya St
The Australian Film Festival is organised by the Australian Embassy in Moscow, with the assistance of the Australian Film Commission. This major effort to raise awareness and appreciation of Australian film and culture is now launching its 6th year, and is proving to be increasingly popular with Russian audiences. Last year, in 2007, we were able for the first time to organise the Festival in both Moscow and St. Petersburg - at Khudozhestvenny Cinema in the very centre of Moscow, and Dom Kino in the centre of St. Petersburg. It was such a success that we are replicating and building upon it in 2008.

This year’s Festival program will include around 10 Australian feature films and a selection of shorts. The features introduce various aspects of modern Australian society, including family values and child raising, in this 2008 Year of Family Values in Russia.

The feature films for 2008 Festival include the following:

Thank God He Met Lizzie, Comedy/romance. Director: Cherie Nowlan. Cast: Cate Blanchett, Richard Roxburgh, Frances O'Connor

The Bank, Political thriller. Director: Robert Connolly. Cast: David Wenham, Anthony LaPaglia, Sibylla Budd

Chopper, Crime/biographical. Director: Andrew Dominik. Cast: Eric Bana, Simon Lyndon, Dan Wyllie, Vince Colosimo, Kate Beahan, David Field, Bill Young, Kenny Graham

The Dish, Comedy. Director: Rob Sitch. Cast: Sam Neill, Kevin Harrington, Tom Long, Patrick Warburton, Genevieve Mooy

Doing Time For Patsy Cline, Crime adventure/comedy. Director: Chris Kennedy. Cast: Richard Roxburgh, Miranda Otto, Matt Day

Innocence, Psychological/comedy/romance. Director: Paul Cox. Cast: Charles ‘Bud’ Tingwell, Julia Blake, Terry Norris, Robert Menzies, Chris Haywood, Marta Dusseldorp

Japanese Story, Relationship drama. Director: Sue Brooks. Cast: Toni Collette, Gotaro Tsunashima, Lynette Curran, Matthew Dyktynski, John Howard, Yukiko Tanaka, Kate Atkinson, Bill Young

Jindabyne, Drama. Director: Ray Lawrence. Cast: Laura Linney, Gabriel Byrne, Deborra-Lee Furness, John Howard, Chris Haywood

Kiss Or Kill, Romantic thriller. Director: Bill Bennett. Cast: Frances O'Connor, Matt Day

Look Both Ways, Drama/thriller. Director: Sarah Watt. Cast: William McInnes, Justine Clarke, Anthony Hayes, Lisa Flanagan, Andrew S. Gilbert, Daniela Farinacci, Sacha Horler, Maggie Dence, Edwin Hodgeman, Andreas Sobik

The Film Festival will bring into focus the problems of modern Australian society, and provide an insight into life in Australia, through which the audience will be able to draw threads of similarity with life in modern Russia. Although Russia and Australia are geographically very far away from each other, we are still hold the same hopes and fears. The frame of reference may be different, but love, greed, hope, fear, romance, poverty – these are universal themes. We hope that Russian audiences will appreciate the creations of Australian filmmakers.

Tickets are available at Khudozhestvenny cinema in Moscow (tel. bookings: +7-495-291-02-47) and at Dom Kino in St. Petersburg (+7-812-314-56-14).

pjw
12-02-2008, 13:30
:sunny::sunny:
This post caught my attention. Sounds very interesting. Iīd definitely check it out if I was in Moscow or SPB during these dates. Itīd also be a good chance to perhaps meet some people too, I mean there may be something happening in addition to the films, Iīm sure, as itīs a film festival.:sunny:
May I ask if you have something to do with this film festival Umutt65 or did you just post it out of your own general interest? Very interesting what they say about the similarities between Russia and Australia.:sunny:
I really would have loved to have checked out some of this event week. So have lots of fun! Enjoy it and please let us know what it was like. Can you please give us a little report? Perhaps we could discuss some of the themes?:sunny:

elis
12-02-2008, 15:29
This may be a dumb question, but will the films be dubbed in Russian?

Sounds very interesting.

pjw
12-02-2008, 16:19
Sounds very interesting.
:mml::mml::mml::mml:
I would most certainly hope not! Donīt dub it. Donīt touch it. Itīs a work of art. F##cking hands off thanks!:groan:
In Germany itīs all dubbed, but - for me as a non-German - it helps learning language. How I learnt German! But completely changes a film. Entirely. It may help people understanding the films, depending on oneīs level of the language. :groan:
Oh come on who are we trying to fool? There are enough good speakers of English in Russia - look at forum - so they should leave the films in the original lingo, otherwise it loses alot of cultural authenticity. Plus the ozzy accent is something pretty special and unique, like all accents. Take a few filums to get used to it if you havenīt heard it before!:mml::mml::mml::mml::mml:

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 17:52

Sounds very interesting.

I very seriously doubt that they will be dubbed - they are only smaller films and I suspect that there was not much demand for them to be dubbed in Russian for their audience and it is not likely the Embassy has bothered to dub them ...

:10518::10518:

pjw
12-02-2008, 18:34
Hi Rustralian, Youīve put my worried little heart at ease. Youīre right, whoīs going to dub them? Oh I can breathe out now and relax. Sounds like a decent festival. Going to be going along? PS Do you know whatīs going on in Oz tomorrow?

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 19:32
Is tomorrow the great Apology? ... which will then be followed for more demands for compensation and more civil court actions seeking to get compensation .... yadda yadda yadda...

..we should just give them a few more billion dollars, after all, if 1% of the Australian population already cost the Australian country and working taxpayers a couple of billion dollars per year in welfare, grants and support, what is a few billion more ... it is good for the economy as it mostly gets spent in the local pub, so I see no problem with that ...

... yes I am a cynical SOB on that subject, having been born in country WA in one of the most notorious towns/cities in the country for problems with them and watched them rape, rob and murder (all sorts of people) for years with impunity ... one gets a little tired of calls for more compensation so that they can get more free legal aid for their crime gangs or more free $80,000 4WD's that they can abandon in the bush when it runs out of fuel and they don't feel like driving it any more, as they can always get a new one ....

... the Tasmanian solution was always the best, but they missed one!

I would offer my thoughts more clearly, but ... :11363::11363:

:10518:

pjw
12-02-2008, 20:00
:10305:
Rustralian, Offer your thoughts more clearly and when I come to Moscow in summer we can have a pint together! :10305:
Iīm a city boy from Sydney, and got a different perspective to you. I havenīt seen the reality of what goes on out bush. Maybe Iīve been protected and maybe therefore am naive and blind to some things, like the gangs and the waste youīve seen in the sticks. Iīve also been away from Oz for 14 years. I can see where youīre views come from.:10305:
However I see tomorrow as a day I will be very sad, but also feel a little bit proud of some bugger speaking on behalf of the government, saying "There was a crime. We did it. We acknowledge your pain. Sorry about that." A start of some kind of healing process, bush boy? :10305:
PS. The :10305: is a kangaroo:10305:
:10305::10305:

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 20:46
It is always interesting how the healing process always seems to come to $$$$$ - they have already had spokemen coming out and saying .. sorry is not enough and they should be given some of the planned tax benefits to the exclusion of the rest of the Australian population that works and pays tax ... gee, if you don't pay tax and receive a billion or so per year in welfare, why should you receive the benefit from tax cuts and not the people that pay the tax ...

... of course, many years ago your grandfather was fostered out to white family under a legal policy of integration (however misguided) and therefore you should receive some more money (over and above your regular welfare and benefits) because if he was still alive he would be sad and he is only dead because he had no land rights, even though his parents were originally from a nomadic tribe that had no actual connection to any land, not even the most basic form of farming or cultivation, nor even animal herding, but due to his being severed from the land he was never attached to, he died of a broken heart, and not realy scirosis of the liver from drinking away his welfare cheque every week at the pub, which was your fault too because you didn't make him stop drinking and take food vouchers, even though if you had tried to make him take food vouchers and not money he could spend at the pub he would have accused you of being racist and stopped you doing it anyway and made you give him the cash to buy grog...

.... my sympathy abounds ....

I am waiting for my apology for having to be part of a community that gets to watch billions of dollars per year spent on a semi neanderthal species representing less than 1% of the population to see it wasted and abused and to have them show no respect for any aspect of the country or the people that inhabit it and who conquered their species a long time ago...

:drink::drink::drink::drink:

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 20:49
:10305::10305::10305::10305::10305:

Quokka soccer

:10305::10305::10305::10305::10305:

pjw
12-02-2008, 21:17
Species, the conquering of species. Itīs a word used to refer to animals. This is how you see the situation? It is the way you see 1788 and onwards. Or 2008 and back. The conquering of a species. You also refered to The White Line in Tassie as not being successful. One got away you said. Thatīs too cynical. Not funny.

Itīs not about land rights or money. Itīs about child abuse. An unacceptable embarrassing terror. A crime. Planned, premeditated, organised by the government. Carried out happily by cynical uncaring people like you. A crime to wipe out a race of people by making them slaves and putting them in boarding schools. Splitting families to kill culture.

Do you wanna defend child abuse? Child abuse f*#ks up generations. You got kids I think. Think about it man. Get the reality of someone kidnapping your kids. And the law says Shut it or you a dead man! You donīt get it. Which race deserves to be exterminated next?

Itīs racism. Itīs genocide. It makes the nazis look like sunday school teachers in comparison.

pjw
12-02-2008, 21:57
Come on Rustralian. Have one more dig at me - I had 2 at you - then weīll give this thread back to the film enthusiasts. But I canīt believe you are a racist. :groan:

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 22:12
This post caught my attention. Sounds very interesting. Iīd definitely check it out if I was in Moscow or SPB during these dates. Itīd also be a good chance to perhaps meet some people too, I mean there may be something happening in addition to the films, Iīm sure, as itīs a film festival.:sunny:
May I ask if you have something to do with this film festival Umutt65 or did you just post it out of your own general interest? Very interesting what they say about the similarities between Russia and Australia.:sunny:
I really would have loved to have checked out some of this event week. So have lots of fun! Enjoy it and please let us know what it was like. Can you please give us a little report? Perhaps we could discuss some of the themes?:sunny:

It will be a great event, believe me. I posted it because I wanted to let the people know what are the Australian films about. The russians will have the earpluggs of course. Australia in general and Australian art (films, painting exhibitions and etc) became very popular in these last few years. I believe the interest will grow up. The Australian film festival is the confirmation for this. Wanna discuss it.. PM me

pjw
12-02-2008, 22:23
:10518::sunny::10518:
On behalf of Rustralian and myself, we apologise for hijacking your thread Umutt65. We were getting a bit heated about something we completely disagree about. :10518::sunny::10518:
May I ask where you started to get on this road of liking Oz art and Oz film etc? Good on ya! Iīm interested in Uzbekistan, which as I see from your profile is where youīre from.
:10518::sunny::10518::sunny::10518:

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 22:26
On behalf of Rustralian and myself, we apologise for hijacking your thread Umutt65. We were getting a bit heated about something we completely disagree about. :10518::sunny::10518:
May I ask where you started to get on this road of liking Oz art and Oz film etc? Good on ya! Iīm interested in Uzbekistan, which as I see from your profile is where youīre from.
:10518::sunny::10518::sunny::10518:

I like Australian art, people, films. I find it is awesome! I will be there on the opening of the film festival.

I love Uzbekistan. Have you ever been there?

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 22:26
Bit over the top there Pete ... I think you need to ease off on the helium ...

... it wasn't quite gas chambers and having them tortured, they were children placed into foster homes of normal people and there was some child abuse that took place ... with the definition of child abuse as it is applied in the modern context ... and not back then...

... and it was based on an Imperialist view of doing what they thought was the appropriate thing, integration by assimilation, which has proved to be a major failure ...

.. the same thing happened to orphans from the UK and they were sent out to Australia under similar conditions (most not being orphans or still having family), their treatment was rather normal for the time that it happened and wasn't generally child abuse, it was just very hard harsh and tough ... but these days called child abuse... (gee, how do I know that, close family friends that were raised at the most infamous such orphanage in Australia - Bindoon Boys college - where there was some actual abuse that took place)

... and come back down to earth Pete, it is ONLY about money ... the apology has always been linked to compensation claims and nothing else ... it does not go one step towards any reconciliation and if you think that it is about reconciliation, you have been outside of Australia to long and reading too many bleeding heart articles ...

... ask any 'black fella' - that isn't part of the political process and driving around Canberra in a nice new car and getting trips around the world to be a delegate to conventions and conferences and who is usually about 1/16th black, the legal minimum amount of black blood you need to be classified as black in Australia - and he will tell you it is all about money. Not money for him, but money for "them blokes in Canbra" (which means Canberra).

As for equating the many hundreds of normal Australian familes that raised black childen beleiving that they were doing the right thing and that they were offering them a future, as Nazis committing genocide (especially when vast numbers of the children came from homes where they had drunken and violent parents effected badly by alcohol - that the same bleeding hearts had said could not be denied to the blacks as that was racist), well that is also a little over the top and a little extreme and grossly disproportionate to reality.

I have an aboriginal aunt that was one of those childen raised by a Nazi genocide family that used to tie her to the bed at night and pull her fingernails off with pliars and they would raffle off tickets to the local men to rape her and then they had her out on the farm during the day pulling the plough around the farm by hand while they all took turns whipping her and making her eat rice and dirty creek water ...

...strange thing is, I don't recall any of those things, I recall a very fat and well fed (too well fed) black lady that had been to school (almost finished year 10) and had dresses and shoes and a car (that her Nazi genocidal parents had bought her, even though she had left school and run away and gotten pregnant to someone while she was drunk and didn't know who) ... but obviously they were just tricking everyone as they were part of the Government plot (maybe there was CIA involved to - makes for a better plot) to eradicate the blacks...

... and of course, her natural parents went looking for her every day, searching and hunting and scouring the earth in desperation to find their lost daughter ... oh hang on, no they didn't ... her parents lived about 5 miles away and they knew who her foster parents were ... and they never came looking for her at all ... maybe they were too busy using their Government welfare cheque to develop their culture and social skills at the time and just forgot all about her as they were studying intensely ... yes that is correct, her parents were "called to the bar" back then, very busy (and I don't really mean they were lawyers)...

... and Neanderthal species ... well Pete, having lived with them and around them for many years and having had my father have the State Housing contract to repair their free State supplied housing for 14 years in Western Australia from Geraldton to Wiluna and been with him to do the repairs (the same houses every two weeks for 14 years) and seen them tear off anything wooden to make camp fires (inside and outside the house) - they never worked out the floors would eventually burn through if you had a fire on wooden floors, and helped to replace every window in every house every two weeks (to open them it was easier to throw something through the glass than actually open the window) and to have to clean and repaint the toilet and laundry area - we used high pressure hoses as they didn't actual use the toilet they would just shit on the floor or the walls and cover the whole toilet and laundry area with shit from floor to ceiling (which were thankfully on a concrete base and not wooden) and having enjoyed the pleasure of throwing out the rotten kangaroo carcasses that they would jammed into cupboards and trying to eradicate the fleas from the house, and having watched them in brawls and fights and watch them kick each other to death on a regular basis and then, if they found a black that wasn't playing by their rules and who wouldn't act like an animal and who would do things like get a job and buy a car and have a wife and family and refuse to mix with those that acted like animals, they would go around to visit his house with all the "cuzins" and move in and then destroy his house and beat the shit out of him and his wife (the females sorted her out with a broken "king brown" in her face and crotch) and jump on his head and kill him in front of his children because he like a "white fella" and having had them living next door to my primary school (grade 1 - 4) and being often ushered back inside as two of them would come outside for a either a brawl and swearing match or just to screw in the backyard in front of a school yard of children (they had torn down their fence for bonfires)

...I think I am qualified to speak about their behaviour and level of development based upon how they actually behave ...

If you want to adopt an attitude with me Pete that is fine, but you invited me to make comment, and if you are going to lecture about the moral bullshit, dont bother with someone who was raised with them, knows them, lived with them and has them in his family, whether I like it or not.

When they start to act like they are people (and I don't mean to white man's assimilation standard as they shouldn't be assimilated) but to any objective view of behaviour that is more advanced than deranged animals, then I will treat them that way.

Yes they are not all like that, but unfortunately, the vast majority are and those that are educated, the vast majority use the welfare system to make money and screw the others over more while doing it - and don't forget Pete, we are now talking about people that are about 1/16th black bloodline or less as there is NO Government verification done, if you tick the box saying you are black that is all you have to do - Russian migrants should try it!

I have seen it all Pete and I think I am more qualified to assess reality on this subject...

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 22:35
If Russians or Uzbeks (lovely people as well - know a lady from there who is Russian, but born there prior to the fall and now feels homeless as she is not really wanted in either country - so she is moving to Australia) want some reality about some of the not so pleasant Australian culture, welcome to reality ... it would make a great film as well, but too graphic and would not get past the censors ... and no-one likes to air those sort of nasty stories that Officialdom pretends don't exist ... every country has its dark sides ....

:9451::9451::9451::9451:

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 22:37
If Russians or Uzbeks (lovely people as well - know a lady from there who is Russian, but born there prior to the fall and now feels homeless as she is not really wanted in either country - so she is moving to Australia) want some reality about some of the not so pleasant Australian culture, welcome to reality ... it would make a great film as well, but too graphic and would not get past the censors ... and no-one likes to air those sort of nasty stories that Officialdom pretends don't exist ... every country has its dark sides ....

:9451::9451::9451::9451:

Its obvious but noone would like to touch this side of the story, right?

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 22:39
Well the lady would better stay here as she loves Moscow...

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 22:49
She dosn't like Moscow either as she doesn't feel at home here either ... she is treated as an Uzbek in Russia because she was born there (even though she is Russian) and to the Uzbek's - she is Russian ....

... I suppose it is part of the fallout of the fall of the wall, displacement of people because they don't really fit either country completely ... maybe she should campaign for land rights ... :stop::9451::9451::9451:

...maybe not, it works in some places, but over here she night get shot or put in a nut house :ak::ak::ak:

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 22:54
She is fine here no worries... Someone should stop watching a scary movie...

She dosn't like Moscow either as she doesn't feel at home here either ... she is treated as an Uzbek in Russia because she was born there (even though she is Russian) and to the Uzbek's - she is Russian ....

... I suppose it is part of the fallout of the fall of the wall, displacement of people because they don't really fit either country completely ... maybe she should campaign for land rights ... :stop::9451::9451::9451:

...maybe not, it works in some places, but over here she night get shot or put in a nut house :ak::ak::ak:

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 22:58
I think she is okay here as well - she looks Russian, but she wants to go and live near the beach (one with white sand).... and there isn't much of that available in Moscow... so she is heading off to make a new home for herself ..

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 23:01
I think she is okay here as well - she looks Russian, but she wants to go and live near the beach (one with white sand).... and there isn't much of that available in Moscow... so she is heading off to make a new home for herself ..

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Has anyone ever told you that you could probably become a writer... Such a good story for the lady.. Beach... wait a minute.. :queen:a Princess needs a Prince.. Lady likes the idea with white sand....

pjw
12-02-2008, 23:11
Youīre lecturing me too. Letīs disagree about this Rustralian. Because what we believe is poles apart. Letīs forget it. Donīt use the Rustralian knows better bs routine thanks.

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 23:12
Well I most probably am as close to a writer as you get ... former lawyer ...

... all we ever do is write or tell stories to persuade people that we are correct and use colourful and flowery language to either disarm or intimidate or bully or insult someone or just to tell a story ...

... or, as in the case of Pete, to firmly tell him he is wrong without getting him too cranky hopefully, as he is an emotional fella and sometimes wears his emotions on his sleeve ....

:10518: :10518:

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 23:14
Ok, guys. Im sorry. It was nice to talk to you... Your ideas are great!:cheerleader:

pjw
12-02-2008, 23:14
Letīs be friends again man.

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 23:17
Youīre lecturing me too. Letīs disagree about this Rustralian. Because what we believe is poles apart. Letīs forget it. Donīt use the Rustralian knows better bs routine thanks.

But I am able to speak from experience and reality Pete ... that isn't lecturing, that is first hand experience and reality (as ugly as it may be) not suburban Sydney (which is these days most probably getting close to a war zone in some areas)... :10189:

... but we can agree to disagree, plus I was also winding you up a little bit, you did play your hand early ... :mooooh:

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 23:19
Letīs be friends again man.

Had no problem with your point of view or you expressing it Pete, strong debate is good, I specialise in that and it is one thing Aussie men are good at, disagreeing and agreeing that you disagree over a beer...

:drink:

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 23:20
Bit over the top there Pete ... I think you need to ease off on the helium ...

... it wasn't quite gas chambers and having them tortured, they were children placed into foster homes of normal people and there was some child abuse that took place ... with the definition of child abuse as it is applied in the modern context ... and not back then...

... and it was based on an Imperialist view of doing what they thought was the appropriate thing, integration by assimilation, which has proved to be a major failure ...

.. the same thing happened to orphans from the UK and they were sent out to Australia under similar conditions (most not being orphans or still having family), their treatment was rather normal for the time that it happened and wasn't generally child abuse, it was just very hard harsh and tough ... but these days called child abuse... (gee, how do I know that, close family friends that were raised at the most infamous such orphanage in Australia - Bindoon Boys college - where there was some actual abuse that took place)

... and come back down to earth Pete, it is ONLY about money ... the apology has always been linked to compensation claims and nothing else ... it does not go one step towards any reconciliation and if you think that it is about reconciliation, you have been outside of Australia to long and reading too many bleeding heart articles ...

... ask any 'black fella' - that isn't part of the political process and driving around Canberra in a nice new car and getting trips around the world to be a delegate to conventions and conferences and who is usually about 1/16th black, the legal minimum amount of black blood you need to be classified as black in Australia - and he will tell you it is all about money. Not money for him, but money for "them blokes in Canbra" (which means Canberra).

As for equating the many hundreds of normal Australian familes that raised black childen beleiving that they were doing the right thing and that they were offering them a future, as Nazis committing genocide (especially when vast numbers of the children came from homes where they had drunken and violent parents effected badly by alcohol - that the same bleeding hearts had said could not be denied to the blacks as that was racist), well that is also a little over the top and a little extreme and grossly disproportionate to reality.

I have an aboriginal aunt that was one of those childen raised by a Nazi genocide family that used to tie her to the bed at night and pull her fingernails off with pliars and they would raffle off tickets to the local men to rape her and then they had her out on the farm during the day pulling the plough around the farm by hand while they all took turns whipping her and making her eat rice and dirty creek water ...

...strange thing is, I don't recall any of those things, I recall a very fat and well fed (too well fed) black lady that had been to school (almost finished year 10) and had dresses and shoes and a car (that her Nazi genocidal parents had bought her, even though she had left school and run away and gotten pregnant to someone while she was drunk and didn't know who) ... but obviously they were just tricking everyone as they were part of the Government plot (maybe there was CIA involved to - makes for a better plot) to eradicate the blacks...

... and of course, her natural parents went looking for her every day, searching and hunting and scouring the earth in desperation to find their lost daughter ... oh hang on, no they didn't ... her parents lived about 5 miles away and they knew who her foster parents were ... and they never came looking for her at all ... maybe they were too busy using their Government welfare cheque to develop their culture and social skills at the time and just forgot all about her as they were studying intensely ... yes that is correct, her parents were "called to the bar" back then, very busy (and I don't really mean they were lawyers)...

... and Neanderthal species ... well Pete, having lived with them and around them for many years and having had my father have the State Housing contract to repair their free State supplied housing for 14 years in Western Australia from Geraldton to Wiluna and been with him to do the repairs (the same houses every two weeks for 14 years) and seen them tear off anything wooden to make camp fires (inside and outside the house) - they never worked out the floors would eventually burn through if you had a fire on wooden floors, and helped to replace every window in every house every two weeks (to open them it was easier to throw something through the glass than actually open the window) and to have to clean and repaint the toilet and laundry area - we used high pressure hoses as they didn't actual use the toilet they would just shit on the floor or the walls and cover the whole toilet and laundry area with shit from floor to ceiling (which were thankfully on a concrete base and not wooden) and having enjoyed the pleasure of throwing out the rotten kangaroo carcasses that they would jammed into cupboards and trying to eradicate the fleas from the house, and having watched them in brawls and fights and watch them kick each other to death on a regular basis and then, if they found a black that wasn't playing by their rules and who wouldn't act like an animal and who would do things like get a job and buy a car and have a wife and family and refuse to mix with those that acted like animals, they would go around to visit his house with all the "cuzins" and move in and then destroy his house and beat the shit out of him and his wife (the females sorted her out with a broken "king brown" in her face and crotch) and jump on his head and kill him in front of his children because he like a "white fella" and having had them living next door to my primary school (grade 1 - 4) and being often ushered back inside as two of them would come outside for a either a brawl and swearing match or just to screw in the backyard in front of a school yard of children (they had torn down their fence for bonfires)

...I think I am qualified to speak about their behaviour and level of development based upon how they actually behave ...

If you want to adopt an attitude with me Pete that is fine, but you invited me to make comment, and if you are going to lecture about the moral bullshit, dont bother with someone who was raised with them, knows them, lived with them and has them in his family, whether I like it or not.

When they start to act like they are people (and I don't mean to white man's assimilation standard as they shouldn't be assimilated) but to any objective view of behaviour that is more advanced than deranged animals, then I will treat them that way.

Yes they are not all like that, but unfortunately, the vast majority are and those that are educated, the vast majority use the welfare system to make money and screw the others over more while doing it - and don't forget Pete, we are now talking about people that are about 1/16th black bloodline or less as there is NO Government verification done, if you tick the box saying you are black that is all you have to do - Russian migrants should try it!

I have seen it all Pete and I think I am more qualified to assess reality on this subject...

Thank you, Rustralian. I cried when I read it... Im sorry for your aunt...

pjw
12-02-2008, 23:21
Had no problem with your point of view or you expressing it Pete, strong debate is good, I specialise in that and it is one thing Aussie men are good at, disagreeing and agreeing that you disagree over a beer...

:drink:
First beers on me or you, I dont care!:10518:

pjw
12-02-2008, 23:23
Put a lawyer and a teacher in the same room and what are you gonna get, apart from a whole lotta hot air and a circus?:10518:

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 23:24
I hope I will be able to meet both of you, guys. You are great!

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 23:28
First beers on me or you, I dont care!:10518:

I just hope that we can find some real beer ... the one thing I haven't got ...

... cherry ripes, tim tams, vegemite, milo, even Sara Lee cheescake, red wine ...

.. but no aussie beer!

The nearest place I found was the Upside Down bar in Helsinki next to the movie cinema, they import real beer from Oz ... Tooheys and a couple of others ...

:eh::eh::eh:

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 23:30
Vegemite......... I like it...............

pjw
12-02-2008, 23:35
:farout:PM me and a tube of vegemite is in the post to you Umutt65:farout:

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 23:38

Then you are rare... I love the stuff ... :eek:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

If you go along to the Expat drinks on Friday night, I can bring you some ... I have some spare tubes and I can offer one to my second Uzbek friend - you (I had some for my first Uzbek friend and her husband as well) ...

... now I know two Uzbek chicks :sunny::sunny:

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 23:42
Thank you, dear. I am not sure I can make it this friday as I am going out of Moscow with my colleagues and I cant say No. They are my best friends and its not good to change the plans I think... Next time then... Just in case whereabouts will be the drinks?

pjw
12-02-2008, 23:45
:11721::11721::11721:
:11721:And I know one chick from Uzbekistan. Cool!:11721::11721: :11721::11721: :11721:
:11721::11721::11721:

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 23:45
Drinks is at Hard Rock Cafe on Old Arbat - startig at 7:00pm I think ...

:eh:

pjw
12-02-2008, 23:48
Drinks is at Hard Rock Cafe on Old Arbat - startig at 7:00pm I think ...

:eh:

startig??? I didnīt know you spoke German Rustralian

Rustralian
12-02-2008, 23:50
I don't speak German, I just type German

:10301:

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 23:50
Başlıyor....

Umutt65
12-02-2008, 23:53
I don't speak German, I just type German

:10301:

I can thınk ın german.... Hard language. Im still trying to learn it...:cheerleader::10600:dont speak. My first try wasnt really succesful. I attempted to use it and said: Ich liebedich to the guest instead of Welcome. They were puzzled but I was happy that could say smth in their language...

Rustralian
13-02-2008, 00:02
:10518:Pete is our resident sour krout!

:Loco::Loco::Loco:

pjw
13-02-2008, 00:14
:ninja:
Umutt65. Careful who you say Ich liebe Dich to, because it doesnīt mean Welcome. In German Mut is courage. Hello Sun-ninja!! :ninja::sunny::ninja::sunny::ninja::sunny::ninja:

Umutt65
13-02-2008, 00:16
:ninja:
Umutt65. Careful who you say Ich liebe Dich to, because it doesnīt mean Welcome. In German Mut is courage. Hello Sun-ninja!! :ninja::sunny::ninja::sunny::ninja::sunny::ninja:

I know. They told me.

pjw
13-02-2008, 00:17
Hey Rustralian! Anyone ever tell ya you fight like a bloody lawyer man!:ninja::sunny::ninja::sunny::ninja:

Rustralian
13-02-2008, 00:24
Hey Rustralian! Anyone ever tell ya you fight like a bloody lawyer man!:ninja::sunny::ninja::sunny::ninja:

Add to it that I used to teach Taekwondo and have the ancestral violent psychopath Irish temper ...

... and you have one mean SOB when he is cheesed off ..

:ninja::ak::evil:

Umutt65
13-02-2008, 00:27
WOW! Its getting hot in here, guys!:cheerleader:

Rustralian
13-02-2008, 00:29
WOW! Its getting hot in here, guys!:cheerleader:

Nah.... we are cool ...

:lovepot::rasta::rasta:

Umutt65
13-02-2008, 00:31
Nah.... we are cool ...

:lovepot::rasta::rasta:

Yes for sure.... Big kids!:10189:

Rustralian
13-02-2008, 00:34
That is us!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Umutt65
13-02-2008, 07:42
Hope to see you online tonight, guys!:queen:

pjw
13-02-2008, 13:09
Hope to see you online tonight, guys!:queen:
Me you too Umutt65. Yesterday was very interesting. Glad you could be a part of the situation. Why donīt both of you check out the Oz thread in current affairs? :10518:
:sunny::10518:
Umutt65, nice to meet you and see we got some things in common. And you got some free advertising publicity for the film festival in our colourful discussion perhaps. :sunny:
:sunny::10518:And you Rustralian, I donīt know what weīre gonna do with you. But I wanna meet you if youīre in Moscow in summer. Catch yas round the forum!:10518:

Umutt65
21-02-2008, 22:07
Cant wait till April. Thats going to be a fabulous event... the opening. :wavey:

pjw
05-04-2008, 00:37
:queen:Hey Nadechka, Howīs it going? Maybe give us a little report. Would be really nice. Hope you enjoy it, seeing some cool flicks and meeting some ok people:queen:

Umutt65
05-04-2008, 15:43
I will do it tonight. The Gala Opening was great! Films are interesting!

pjw
08-04-2008, 00:22
I will do it tonight. The Gala Opening was great! Films are interesting!

Hey Nadechka!!!!
Would you like to tell me your favourites so far? Could you tell me a bit about the films, a little report of your personal highlights? :D Cool Nadechka, and enjoy the rest of the festival!:10806: