PDA

View Full Version : What to do now?

CanGuy
10-03-2004, 17:17
Ok, sometimes things are going your way and you feel so happy and exited!
However, last weekend everything fell apart for me. The two jobs that were offered to me in Moscow fell through, and for a good reason might I add! Now I知 a little lost on what to do? I already have all the proper documents to come over, I値l be in Moscow from June 1st to September 1st. Right now I have no idea what to do there, the only comforting thought is that I have a place to stay. Can anyone please suggest something for me to do in Moscow to occupy my time with? (Already have a girl down there) Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Roman

Fa-Q!
10-03-2004, 17:24
Come here and find a job. Don't know what you had lined up, but can tell you that, in most cases, you can get a much better job if you live here.

CanGuy
10-03-2004, 17:30
I have a finance and accounting back round, pretty much fluent Russian. Been working with marketing mostly though. Could I find something good with the skills listed above?

jules
10-03-2004, 18:22
Sure, you can find something - maybe submit your resume to a recruiting service like Staffwell.com, or as a Canuck you could send it to the Canadian Business Association, maybe one of their members is looking for someone - www.cbar.ru :)

The best way to find something, though, is to be here, meet people, and get an idea of what sorts of things are available. Like everywhere else in the world, it's all about who you know.

CanGuy
11-03-2004, 16:47
Can anyone else lend a helping word?

Random
11-03-2004, 16:56
Originally posted by CanGuy
Can anyone else lend a helping word?

Give us a clue what else do you need ?

Agencies: Antal, Staffwell, Morgan Hunt et all as before ...

Your coming in the summer so pack sun block and shades ...

Fa-Q!
11-03-2004, 17:45
Those agencies suck. Don't waste your time on them. Come here and bring about $5000 to live on. If you bust your **** you'll find a job and do fine.

Zachariah
13-03-2004, 12:33
Typical,
I never count on a bloody thing here until the ink dries on paperwork.