PDA

View Full Version : Critic (may I?)

kutuzdom
07-02-2008, 21:49
Hello from France!

I do not like at all the new system for ads. I am a landlord and offer my apartment for rent (but not now as I have a very good American tenant :)) and the old system (usual ads) looked better.

Apart this, the site is always very interesting, congrats to all the Expat Team!

Albertina
07-02-2008, 23:21
C'est pas critique en francais?!

07-02-2008, 23:27
C'est pas critique en francais?!

But he spoke English :)

SalTheReturn
07-02-2008, 23:43
Hello from France!

I do not like at all the new system for ads. I am a landlord and offer my apartment for rent (but not now as I have a very good American tenant :)) and the old system (usual ads) looked better.

Apart this, the site is always very interesting, congrats to all the Expat Team!

absolutely true in fact no one even look the ads any longer (you can see now they all get "0 views")

also if someone post a comment you will still see just the name of the original poster when logging into expat.ru main

something has to be done

TD
08-02-2008, 00:26
absolutely true in fact no one even look the ads any longer (you can see now they all get "0 views")

You are not looking in the right place. The forums you see on the main page are only placeholders for the actual ads which reside in the Marketplace (http://www.expat.ru/forum/vbclassified.php) area. If you click on a listing you will be taken to it's page, and there you will see the number of views in the upper right hand corner --->

Penelope
08-02-2008, 11:38
We're getting quite a few spam adds in the Marketplace section, and there's no way to report them as there is on regular posts.

08-02-2008, 12:17
Moderators should delete them...

Penelope
08-02-2008, 12:37
Indeed. But the post reporting function is to report such posts so that they are drawn immediately to Mods or Admins' attention, and are deleted much more quickly.

boscoe
08-02-2008, 14:52
Thanks... we'll look into this

Penelope
08-02-2008, 16:04
Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
Fine Dining in Paris - Professional Booking & Concierge Services in Paris - The Moscow Expat Forums (http://www.expat.ru/forum/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=352)