PDA

View Full Version : trip by train Cologne-Berlin-Moscow

exyabloko
10-03-2004, 10:41
Anyone ever travel from Germany to Russia by train? How is it? How long? How much? Is it comfortable? Any troubles with 'passport control"?

Thanx

Ledka
10-03-2004, 11:21
I did it once. It's much better in comparison to bus. But still I prefer planes. I don't remember how much it cost.
It didn't take long, about 15 hrs I guess... I went from Moscow to Berlin. And all the customs were at night. The train itself was clean but there was no place at all. The trains r not in Russian standard? I meant the size here.
My advice is better fly!

exyabloko
10-03-2004, 11:26
I am planning long trip and really want to econimize. Does it safe in train? What do y mean by " not russian standards"? is it better or worst? can i travel by bus from Berlin? how is it?

DaveUKagain
10-03-2004, 11:39
Fly.

Anything wrong about the train and you have several days for it to annoy you. You`ll save perhaps $50, which you`ll then spend on food on the train, anyway...... false economy.

Ledka
10-03-2004, 11:41
u do can save money by travelling by bus. There r lot's of bus companies there. But I won't recommend it. I travelled by bus only because I had a heavy luggage and didn't want to pay for the overweight. Travelling by bus is really inconvinient. It took 2 days from Hamburg to Moscow. And the first day we were driving around Germany picking up the other passengers. If u will travel from Berlin it will take u less than 2 days. U will have to overnight in a bus. And it will be a torture. U won't be able to spread ur legs. Then u'll have to wait for hours at the customs. At the Bellarussia customs we had to pay extra money to make it quicker. I WILL NEVER TRAVEL BY BUS AGAIN!!!

As for trains, it's nice there but the space is really limited. There are 3 ppl in one room. During the daytime the beds transfer into armchairs. If u sit in this armchair u will face the wall. And there's really no space for luggage.

I don't know how much money u can save by travelling by train. If the sum will worth it, then it's ok. U will survive in a train. But never take a bus.

exyabloko
10-03-2004, 11:49
thanks to all, I poshla spat'

IRS_Runner
10-03-2004, 16:03
It may be cheaper to fly. :D

http://www.gexx.de/gexx/makepage.php?seite=1&rsl_lang=en

ReturnOfBroadmoor
10-03-2004, 16:41
Transaero also offers prices somewhere in the same range as Germania Express from time to time - I guess the site is www.transaero.ru