PDA

View Full Version : Private/Guest Invitations Any restrictions on getting multipe ones

Surfsup37
06-02-2008, 16:49
I am in the process of obtaining a Temporary Residence, but it takes 6 to 7 months to process. Therefore, I am planning to request multiple invitations while I wait for my temporary visa.

I.e.

Wife requests and obtains private invtiation,
I leave Russia after 90 days and go to embassy for a new visa
Wife requests and obtains private invitation etc.

Thanks for the help.

Maxim
11-02-2008, 00:45
I am not sure it will help but try to ask "Виза временно проживающего" шт your embessy.

I read in laws that one waiting for a temp.res. can obtain it, it is valid 4 months.

But I'm not sure this law is still valid - couldn't find anyone who confirmed it.

But you can make few guest visas of course one by one.

BrianS
18-02-2008, 17:50
Surfsup....I am in the same shoes as you and keep getting 3 month private invitiations/visas from my wife. HTH

18-02-2008, 19:12
Surfsup....I am in the same shoes as you and keep getting 3 month private invitiations/visas from my wife. HTH

This is exactly against the "spirit of the 90/180 days law", so if you get in trouble once, it should not be a surprise.

Bels
18-02-2008, 19:20
I am in the process of obtaining a Temporary Residence, but it takes 6 to 7 months to process. Therefore, I am planning to request multiple invitations while I wait for my temporary visa.

I.e.

Wife requests and obtains private invtiation,
I leave Russia after 90 days and go to embassy for a new visa
Wife requests and obtains private invitation etc.

Thanks for the help.

Yes three months, wife obtains another invitation and then you get out of the country and apply again at the appropriate Russian Embassy and hopefully get your visa on the same day and return to Russia.

I don't think the law has changed in this respect.

BrianS
19-02-2008, 20:43
This is exactly against the "spirit of the 90/180 days law", so if you get in trouble once, it should not be a surprise.

NOT TRUE!! Not a BUSINESS visa, but rather a PRIVATE visa, AND I have applied for temp. res. just waiting for approval (4.75 months and counting).