PDA

View Full Version : a dog is urgently looking for home

Miss Sunshine
04-02-2008, 12:35
Dear All

3 homeless dogs have been living on cardboard boxes near my house for some time. They are all kind and miserable and in need of a real home. One of them - Lusya is 1 year old, medium size, sterilized (see her picture)

I will help with vaccination and everything else

hazelnut
04-02-2008, 20:07
That Lusya reminded me a dog from my childhood, a mongrel, Beemka, who lived in our courtyard, the only dog I’ve ever seen who could smile. Friendly she was like hell, poor creature, smiling all the way…
Oh, my poor heart!...
I would surely take her if it had not been for the fact that I keep a cat and our comparatively small apartment is already overcrowded.
though who’s interested?...
ok, well, just wanted to say: since I couldn’t possibly take another soul aboard I wish you ALL THE LUCK and hope Lusya’ll find nice people to live with.

MissAnnElk
04-02-2008, 20:10
Oh, I know . . . the street dogs break my heart. I carried a bag of bread around with me all morning in case I saw any . . . of course, once I left the bag back at home, I saw one this p.m.

When the cat goes on to his reward . . .

hazelnut
04-02-2008, 20:56
maybe I should wrap my cat with a shit of plastic, throw her out of the window and take a dog instead?..
sorry, just a flashback
:10641:

MissAnnElk
04-02-2008, 21:19
(Glad to see the avatar back.)

My children say every day, "Let's just put the cat outside and take a dog, ohpleaseohpleaseohplease . . ." They've only had the cat since September.

I told them we would find a way to volunteer at a dog shelter or do something to raise some money for some sort of agency that helps the strays. Pay for sterilizations or vaccines with a bake sale or something. It's all I can do right now.

I know there are homeless people and deserving children's agencies, but the dogs really get to me.

hazelnut
04-02-2008, 22:07
(Bette Midler is one of the Hollywood actresses I adore)
my mother lives in a tiny village, there are lots of pets there and, you know, local people (and villagers in general, I think) are much easier in their attitude, they don’t take it close to their heart. And dogs and cats (stray ones) don’t look as pathetic as they look in a city. So, I think it’s a specific city trait. Here we are just forced to avert from things we can’t change, otherwise we get our hearts broken everyday… sad…

MissAnnElk
04-02-2008, 22:12
Perhaps. Still, I'm struck by the number of strays here. I never saw so many in Buenos Aires or Bratislava. I did see a lot in Miami. I used to travel with a leash, a small bag of dog food, a bowl, and a bottle of water in my car . . . I was always luring animals off the highway.

Miss Sunshine
06-02-2008, 11:12
thanks for your replies, I still I hope to find someone, please, forward her picture to people you know and trust, thanks

madmax
06-02-2008, 11:45
If you still have it next month ,i will take it to germany.
i did that with lots of dogs the last two years.
they will be taken by a good shelter in germany and are normally there less than a month before the find a new family.
i have a certificate that will approve that i am not selling the dog.
so just let me know if you still have it in three weeks!
unfortunately cannot take it before that time!

Miss Sunshine
13-02-2008, 11:28
today cardboard boxes and everything was taken away, we will of course put some new tonight, but there were good blankets, plaids there...

Miss Sunshine
19-03-2008, 22:53
I still believe there are people here who can help this lovely dog. Lusya is 1 year old, sterilized with vaccination, very nice and touching continues to live in the street.
Please, forward her picture to your friends and colleagues.

I am almost exhausted trying to help her, please, help me!!!

Mete
20-03-2008, 09:35
Hi,

I could take her next week after Tuesday, though. As a am a foreigner and have n't got too much time to deal with vaccination/registration, as I am busy during the day just wondered if you can help me out. I have always cared for dogs, mainly males, though.
So, to sort things out, you can PM me and will take it from there.
Cheers,

lexluthur
21-03-2008, 19:11
Hi,
I assumed Lusya is a stray dog with canine diseases (since it been living in an open evironment without a proper healthcare). Have you bring it to veterinarian for a check?

Miss Sunshine
25-03-2008, 16:07
Lusya was sterilized several months ago according to the government programme and we suppose was also vaccinated (it was not us who did it). Anyway we will of course take her to the veterinary for tests and double vaccination in case we find people to take her home. At the moment she continues to live in the kennel under our street cleaner's guidance. This can not last forever as people are sometimes cruel ...
I will be grateful for any help!
Dont think we are crazy, we got into this story by chance: one dog Barbos was dying before our eyes, we took him to the veterinary in february and now he is for 2 days in his new house. Lusya used to be with him, sorry, we just cant leave her off like this

Miss Sunshine
29-03-2008, 16:36
see some new pictures - isn't she beautiful?