PDA

View Full Version : cards and swift

helenamoscow
06-09-2014, 18:59
banking cards's are not working throigh SWIFT. I do not believe, that Russia will be doisconned from SWIFT. in this sitiation Russia will create it's own analogue of SWIFT and SWIFT will be not meeded any more for all domestic transactions, which usually are 98 per cent of all transactions. Who will loose more in this situation Swift owneres or Russia? Helena

penka
06-09-2014, 19:39
Calm down, please. I had a great difficulty understanding what you wanted to say.

FatAndy
06-09-2014, 20:18
Calm down, please. I had a great difficulty understanding what you wanted to say.
Me too. Afaik, all domestic transactions between Russian banks in RUB go via CBR transaction system. SWIFT is needed for foreign currencies and foreign banks. Cards generally are another story.

Benedikt
06-09-2014, 23:17
Me too. Afaik, all domestic transactions between Russian banks in RUB go via CBR transaction system. SWIFT is needed for foreign currencies and foreign banks. Cards generally are another story.

I do money transfer to pay for my pension / insurance / accident policies with Raiffeisen. They said there is no plan and neither any even internal information that swift will end, discontinued for the time or whatever. To the contrary, Raiffeisen was on the news, both local and in Austria that it will continue to be involved in Russian and serve clients as usual with no sanctions or interuptions in mind.