PDA

View Full Version : Economical Super Markets -

abhilife2001
05-09-2014, 10:38
Hi Folks,

Went through few super markets and as expected the price varies a lot between them( as no Maxixum Retail price concept applicable)..

Diksi seemed one of the more reasonable ones.. Auchan (Universitet) had poor quality of vegetables /fruits (atleast the day I was there)..

Which supermarket chain usually has decent prices with acceptable quality ?

I stay around Leninsky Pr 76, so there are multiple supermarket chains around..

FatAndy
05-09-2014, 15:59
Cheremushkinsky rynok (crossing of Lomonosovsky and ul. Vavilova) and mini-market near m. Universitet are your destiny. Also there was a Karusel' or alike foodstore in the big shopping mall behind m. Universitet (300 m along pr. Vernadskogo to periphery). Also I remember several years ago there was a weekend "farmers fair" on Leninsky between ul. Krupskoi and ul. Marii Ulyanovoi (between Mashka and Nad'ka in local simple argo).

There is no somewhat price restricting concepts, it's Moscow. RRP works only for glossy magazines and somehow - for some cigarettes brands. The rest is supply/demand regulated.

AstarD
05-09-2014, 16:30
Auchan is your best bet for most things on prices, although I agree that toward the end of the afternoon the produce has been picked over. The produce at Cheryomushki is beautiful, but very very expensive.

Beltliner403
06-09-2014, 20:22
Auchan is your best bet for most things on prices, although I agree that toward the end of the afternoon the produce has been picked over. The produce at Cheryomushki is beautiful, but very very expensive.

Concur with you on Auchan. The one at TK Gorod on Entusiastov just past the Third Ring is also good. Remember, though, that you are taking your life into your hands if you go to an Auchan on Sunday.

abhilife2001
07-09-2014, 11:21
Concur with you on Auchan. The one at TK Gorod on Entusiastov just past the Third Ring is also good. Remember, though, that you are taking your life into your hands if you go to an Auchan on Sunday.

Thanks for the replies..
Our 1st experience with Auchan city was pretty average.. vegetables and fruits of mediocre quality at prices higher than Diksi !! Yes, it was around 8.30pm in the evening though..

Will check it out again maybe coming saturday..

vossy7
07-09-2014, 12:44
Thanks for the replies..
Our 1st experience with Auchan city was pretty average.. vegetables and fruits of mediocre quality at prices higher than Diksi !! Yes, it was around 8.30pm in the evening though..

Auchan is the best at the moment but never go in the evening .
I am parked up at Vavilova and lined up elbow to elbow with the notorious Бабушки urban gorillas for the opening stampede .......I turn left into the fruit and veg area and the produce is still being unpacked , during my last shop on Friday morning it was still great...except no broccoli :(

Beltliner403
07-09-2014, 16:07
Thanks for the replies..

Funny that you should mention Diksi...

There's one being prepared for an opening within the next month or so between my building and the Lefortovskiy Rynok. What's particularly interesting is that there's already a mini grocery practically on my doorstep, which is where I usually pick up milk, juices, and cold beverages; I may pay a *small* premium for them compared to what they'd cost at Auchan, but why schlep? I have to wonder a bit how well this mini grocery will cope with the new kid on the block.

VicY
07-09-2014, 18:16
I am parked up at Vavilova and lined up elbow to elbow with the notorious Бабушки urban gorillas for the opening stampede .......I turn left into the fruit and veg area and the produce is still being unpacked , during my last shop on Friday morning it was still great...except no broccoli :(

Hmmm...I guess it depends which Auchan you go to. The ones at Beyaevo and near Yasenevo/Tyopliy Stan are rarely as busy as you describe. Or maybe I just don't go there often enough. ;)

vossy7
07-09-2014, 19:40
Hmmm...I guess it depends which Auchan you go to. The ones at Beyaevo and near Yasenevo/Tyopliy Stan are rarely as busy as you describe. Or maybe I just don't go there often enough. ;)

Hey VicY,.....really great to see you back on here......but the commute from HK to Vavilova would be too much for you......are you back in Moscow?

abhilife2001
08-09-2014, 09:35
Funny that you should mention Diksi...

There's one being prepared for an opening within the next month or so between my building and the Lefortovskiy Rynok. What's particularly interesting is that there's already a mini grocery practically on my doorstep, which is where I usually pick up milk, juices, and cold beverages; I may pay a *small* premium for them compared to what they'd cost at Auchan, but why schlep? I have to wonder a bit how well this mini grocery will cope with the new kid on the block.

Guess the mini grocery will have a tough time considering diksi etc have usually lower prices..
and their much bigger balance sheet's give them the power to do predatory pricing to attract newer customers..

abhilife2001
08-09-2014, 09:36

aha.. so there is a opening rush too !!
Need to check this shop out coming weekend morning ( though surely wont reach by opening hrs).. ;)

VicY
08-09-2014, 21:53
Hey VicY,.....really great to see you back on here......but the commute from HK to Vavilova would be too much for you......are you back in Moscow?

LOL, I was for nearly a month! And I often pop over to Auchan when over in Moscow ;)