PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Moscow soon (hopefully)

Mike9998nz
03-09-2014, 07:17
Hi there ,
I am movong to Moscow soon (when my LOI and visa happen) and initially I will be staying with a mate but I am obviously looking at moving from there when I "get on my feet".This will happen within the next 2 -3 months and I am looking for a flat somewhere in Moscow then.I am an English Teacher/Tutor.Any help will be gratefully received!

Kartoshka
03-09-2014, 20:11
Welcome to the forum, Mike!

sar8
14-09-2014, 09:55
hello, if you look for an apartment to rent
there is a cyan.ru site which may be helpfull

Thank you

abhilife2001
15-09-2014, 10:04
hello, if you look for an apartment to rent
there is a cyan.ru site which may be helpfull

Thank you

That site is very helpful ...also check out the following which gives quite a good idea..
http://english.fortline.ru/
http://www.evans.ru/

I recently moved to Moscow and did a lot of search for my apartment in South west moscow ( southern Orange / Red lines).. if u hv specific questions do post and we will try to help..

taxiecabbie
28-09-2014, 12:12
I would say that where you want to live is going to depend highly on where you're working. You definitely don't want your commute to be overly long... for instance, I live at the end of the orange line, and I work three stops (and a bus ride) away from where I live. It takes me between 30-40 minutes to commute. I find my commute reasonable and easy, but if I were living way the heck up at, say, the Dmitrovskaya stop on the gray line, it would be a nightmare.

Unless you are working dead in the center of Moscow where rent is nigh unaffordable, you should figure out where you're working and look in the neighborhoods near there. This is going to make your life a lot more pleasant.

That aside, I live down near the Novoyasenevskya stop, and I really like it here. There are LOTS of trees, and it's very laid back and quite friendly. Or at least, there are always babushkas in the park who want to talk to the foreigner, ha.

FatAndy
28-09-2014, 12:22
All our babushki were working in NKVD/KGB, so don't hesitate to chat... I agree, Novoyasenevskaya is a good place.

ConanS
05-10-2014, 16:08
Hi there ,
I am movong to Moscow soon (when my LOI and visa happen) and initially I will be staying with a mate but I am obviously looking at moving from there when I "get on my feet".This will happen within the next 2 -3 months and I am looking for a flat somewhere in Moscow then.I am an English Teacher/Tutor.Any help will be gratefully received!

Not sure where you're working with or whom you're working with, but I work with EF English First, and they found me a place (relatively close to my school). So if you're working with a company, then you might want to see if they can help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

LAR1SSA
01-11-2014, 18:55
Not sure where you're working with or whom you're working with, but I work with EF English First, and they found me a place (relatively close to my school). So if you're working with a company, then you might want to see if they can help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

Even if you aren't working for a company that offers a flat (as some schools use it as an excuse to pay you chump change) you can usually work for a company that is willing to offer you assistance in finding one and you can have more say so in where you stay that way. Also try couchsurfing as they have great flat shares.

Marico
09-12-2014, 12:45
Hi!
I can offer the townhouse on the west south of Moscow (metro Tepliy Stan). It is very nice. If you are interested in it Please write me
I can send you the pics