PDA

View Full Version : Some myths about temp. residenship.

Maxim
31-01-2008, 23:37
Hi everybody.

I'm Russian. My european wife just got a temp. residenship ("Razresheniye na prozhivaniye") this wednesday.

I was using this site a lot to make some things more clear for me and I think my experience can be usefull here.

Here are some hints:

1. Please stop using name "OVIR" :) Only FMS.
2. You do not need any money proofs (bank account etc), any reports about money earned abroad.
3. You need to pass all medical tests before appliyng (non-visa foreigners can do this after).
4. You must be registered in FMS before applying. They do not care about the address - it can be different from where you plan to live according to your papers (you need a lot of papers about appartment).
5. They will not extend your visa while you are waiting for their decision.
6. You can leave Russia/come again/make a new visa - with no temp. res. cancellation. My wife was abroad 4 times while they were making her permission.
7. They made it in december, but we got it only now: by phone they were telling "still not ready". This didn't cause any problem.
8. Yes, you need "temp. residenship visa" after all which works, as I understand, as a single visa. You will need it to go abroad. But they didn't cancel my wife's one year visa. So I don't know does she need it while one year visa is valid.
9. This permission is valid for 3 years. After that (or even after 1 year) you can get a registration certificate ("vid na zhitelstvo") which doesn't require any visa at all. It is valid for 5 years and can be extended for another 5.

I was in FMS today. They say she can register in the appartment for 3 years. After that she doesn't need to register each time. She doesn't need any migration card either.

Tomorrow we will try to make a fingerprints...

If you have any questions - feel free to ask. I will answer according to my experience/ignorance :)

P.S. I'm telling about Moscow. Laws are the same everywhere, but people are different.

Transparent Theatre
01-02-2008, 00:26
Thank you for this extremely helpful and factually-based information :) :)

hamski
01-02-2008, 12:03
Thanks for this very useful information!

I've only just joined, but have been using this site for getting good information (mainly about documentation) for the last few years. There is lots of great info to be found around, but you mainly have to trawl around through different threads in order to find it, and even then you can get some very contradictory info!

It might be a good idea to create one thread with really clear info, to sticky it, and for someone to take responsibility for checking it and removing any contradictory info... although I know I'm new round here and my advice might be seen as being a bit cheeky :respect:

Anyway... I am currentloy going through the long and painful process of preparing my documents for submission to obtain a temporary residence permit. Here are some other things that might need clearing up...

1) Wedding certificate. I got married back home (in Britain), and this certificate needs to apostilled.

2) UK citizens - LegalisationForeign & Commonwealth Office (http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029391440)

This is where you find out about getting documents apostilled. This is the only place in the world you can do it, so don't waste your time phoning the embassy.

Also, I've got a question or two of my own...

I own my own appartment here, so am I right in thinking that I just need to give a copy of the 'svidetelstvo' (ownership document) to show that I have a place to stay in Russia?

My British wife lives with me, although I am officially the sole owner of the appartment. What document should she provide? (she's also applying for the temp. res. permit)

Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:

Maxim
01-02-2008, 12:39
The full list of documents is here: . (http://fmsmoscow.ru/rvp.php)
. (http://fmsmoscow.ru/rvp_text.php?nid=32&)

01-02-2008, 19:48
I own my own appartment here, so am I right in thinking that I just need to give a copy of the 'svidetelstvo' (ownership document) to show that I have a place to stay in Russia?

This, plus the documents that show:

- WHO is registered in the apartment,
- that the amenities are paid

Both documents original and less than one month old at the day you submit your application.

Bels
01-02-2008, 21:03
Hi everybody.

I'm Russian. My european wife just got a temp. residenship ("Razresheniye na prozhivaniye") this wednesday.

I was using this site a lot to make some things more clear for me and I think my experience can be usefull here.

Here are some hints:

1. Please stop using name "OVIR" :) Only FMS.
2. You do not need any money proofs (bank account etc), any reports about money earned abroad.
3. You need to pass all medical tests before appliyng (non-visa foreigners can do this after).
4. You must be registered in FMS before applying. They do not care about the address - it can be different from where you plan to live according to your papers (you need a lot of papers about appartment).
5. They will not extend your visa while you are waiting for their decision.
6. You can leave Russia/come again/make a new visa - with no temp. res. cancellation. My wife was abroad 4 times while they were making her permission.
7. They made it in december, but we got it only now: by phone they were telling "still not ready". This didn't cause any problem.
8. Yes, you need "temp. residenship visa" after all which works, as I understand, as a single visa. You will need it to go abroad. But they didn't cancel my wife's one year visa. So I don't know does she need it while one year visa is valid.
9. This permission is valid for 3 years. After that (or even after 1 year) you can get a registration certificate ("vid na zhitelstvo") which doesn't require any visa at all. It is valid for 5 years and can be extended for another 5.

I was in FMS today. They say she can register in the appartment for 3 years. After that she doesn't need to register each time. She doesn't need any migration card either.

Tomorrow we will try to make a fingerprints...

If you have any questions - feel free to ask. I will answer according to my experience/ignorance :)

P.S. I'm telling about Moscow. Laws are the same everywhere, but people are different.

First of all thank you for a good post. However I disagree with you on the matter of members giving myths. Most of the members here have given facts and answered correctly. My guess is that many of us have worked hard in answerig pms providing advice and answering questions due to our experience.

However it's extremely useful that you have brought info together in one post
rather spread over the large threads. You are also keeping the info up to date.

So I've voted it a good thread.

Maxim
01-02-2008, 21:13
However I disagree with you on the matter of members giving myths. Most of the members here have given facts and answered correctly. When I was asking here about RVP I got very wrong "facts".

I remember I was told that it is impossible to leave Russia after you applied for RVP without "exit visa". This is not like that.

My guess is that many of us have worked hard in answerig pms providing advice and answering questions due to our experience.Laws and regulations are changing. Mine experience is recent.

hamski
01-02-2008, 21:21
This, plus the documents that show:

- WHO is registered in the apartment,
- that the amenities are paid

Both documents original and less than one month old at the day you submit your application.

Please excuse my ignorance - what document are you referring to? Where can I get a document saying who is registered in the apartment? Thanks for your help!

Also, just thought I'd ask again if anyone knows what I should do about my wife's documents, mentioned in my original post above?

Bels
01-02-2008, 21:24
It would also be a great idea to collect all the useful addresses, telephone numbers and websites required for different countries to get their police checks, appostils, translation etc. And also the addresses of errr I cant't the new name, OVIR offices in Moscow and the oblast where you get the application form, information and make your application.

A lot of these addresses have been given, but they are spread out on several forms, and there has been a lot of posts on this forum. It might possibly be the most popular serious subject on this forum. And may I say again that expat.ru has become the most informative on this subject :)

Once collected a directory might be printed.

Maxim
01-02-2008, 21:37
Please excuse my ignorance - what document are you referring to? Where can I get a document saying who is registered in the apartment? Thanks for your help!ЕИРЦ, ЖЕК etc.
Выписка из финансово-лицевого счета. Заявление согласия. Something else - see FMS websites.

Also, just thought I'd ask again if anyone knows what I should do about my wife's documents, mentioned in my original post above?Police papers (about being imprisoned) with apostile. Valid for 6 months.
Passport+visa translated into russian.
Registration in FMS.

Bels
01-02-2008, 22:19
ЕИРЦ, ЖЕК etc.
Выписка из финансово-лицевого счета. Заявление согласия. Something else - see FMS websites.

Police papers (about being imprisoned) with apostile. Valid for 6 months.
Passport+visa translated into russian.
Registration in FMS.

I'm not sure what you mean about simply being imprisoned. On a British police check it will simply state they have no records on their dato to inform you about. And that's it, no more.

Maxim
01-02-2008, 22:48
On a British police check it will simply state they have no records on their dato to inform you about. And that's it, no more.Yes, thats what I meant.
Don't forget to put apostile on this paper.

Ralo
03-02-2008, 23:01
I am getting my documents ready on tuesday to submit. What happens with my current visa. it is valid. It is a business visa with 90 days in and out.
The girl at the lawyers office said I had to have a job that shows I make 15,000 rubles a month. I have read that you can't work on a business visa.
I don't want to work here and I don't need to work. . I want to relax. What is the truth?

Completely confused....:nut::nut:

Maxim
03-02-2008, 23:07
The girl at the lawyers office said I had to have a job that shows I make 15,000 rubles a month. I have read that you can't work on a business visa.Find another lawyer. She doesn't know about current laws.
You do not need any money proof these days. And you can not work with a business visa.

Maxim
04-02-2008, 17:45
Maybe it will be usefull for somebody:

I spoke today with 5 FMS officers and 3 FSB offisers and finaly found out:
if you have a valid russian visa and temp. residenship you can leave Russia and come back without making a "виза временно проживающего".

raydg
08-02-2008, 21:57
As for bank account, the FMS office that I have to go through requires me to show that I have at least 120,000 roubles. They wont process any paperwork without it. And was told by him (he is head of that office) that the no money requirement is for citizens from former Rebulics. So I unfortunately have to go with what they require.

Maxim
08-02-2008, 21:59
As for bank account, the FMS office that I have to go through requires me to show that I have at least 120,000 roubles. They wont process any paperwork without it. Contact regional (higher) FMS, use FMS hotline.

What they told you it is not true.

08-02-2008, 22:10
Yes, it is not true, there is NO requirement now.

Clean32
08-02-2008, 22:47
look ther is so mch posted ( and so much losed) on this topic.
each new persion who has just otten there temp res is an expert.
and true there are many posts that disagree with othere posts. and sure you can ring the FMS hot line and get yet a 3rd or 4th version of what you need or doint need.
add to that most peaple confuse there temp res visa aplication with there temp res registration etc.
but i will say this, the rules change from office to office, oblast to oblust, if you want to ring the hot line and then go tell a FMS officer or a milita officer ( milita where there is no fms office) that thay are wrong, cool do it, othere wise just do what your local offcer wants.

i also get a it anoyed with posts like one above, no exit visa is required to leave russia if you are on a temp res visa. well that is true, but the rest of the story is, that to come back into russia if you have been gone for longer than 90days may become a problem, also yo may fined that your temp res visa as been cancled, or that you are not elagible for a res visa, etc etc.
so a little bit of knowledge is at times a dagerouse thing.

add to that i know of a temp res aplcation filed 2 weeks ago, where the 47000 usd was required. where i live the english on temp res doing there anual registratons are required to show 300 000 rubles in a RF bank.

at the end of the day, just do what your local office wants, ask them to write it down for you, date the paper and keep it just in case.

hamski
15-02-2008, 12:06
Clean32 - you make a very good point, however I think there is something comforting in discussing these things with other people who have already gone throught these things... especially with English speaking expats/nice Russians who are willing to give their time and energy. My experiences at my pasportniy stol/OVIR office generally involve rudeness, lots of queueing and quite often I have received contrasting answers from different officers.

My advice would be to do some initial research on here, then go to an officer and get a list of documents and info required (and which apostilles needed, etc) as you suggested, and then go and get on with getting them all, whilst referring to this forum for specific advice/moral support/whatever.

My wife and I have just submitted our applications for temporary residency (:hooray:), now we're just trying to figure out a way of staying in Russia while we're awaiting the results. We're currently here on the 90/180 visa, so lets see what happens...

Thanks to anyone who gave me advice on completing the RVP forms! :10518:

Clean32
15-02-2008, 12:46
I agree with you
how ever my point is, the next poster who gets there Temp res is the next expert, its been like that for the last 4 years that I know of, sure there have been some law changes, but these changes dont always filter though to all offices.
Where, when my application was done, I was dragged around by my mother in-law, nowadays I tend to end up dragging who ever happens to be in town around, in fact the local OVIR ring me. So i do know the requirements for temp res and registration up this way. And I can tell you now its very different to what I see posted my the Moscow applicants. add to that I have quite a few pm,s emails etc etc from other members present and past who have been put wrong by what they have read on this site at times but then they werent in Moscow either.
As for rudeness and waiting in line? maybe a bit of social engineering may be required?

Clean32 - you make a very good point, however I think there is something comforting in discussing these things with other people who have already gone throught these things... especially with English speaking expats/nice Russians who are willing to give their time and energy. My experiences at my pasportniy stol/OVIR office generally involve rudeness, lots of queueing and quite often I have received contrasting answers from different officers.

My advice would be to do some initial research on here, then go to an officer and get a list of documents and info required (and which apostilles needed, etc) as you suggested, and then go and get on with getting them all, whilst referring to this forum for specific advice/moral support/whatever.

My wife and I have just submitted our applications for temporary residency (:hooray:), now we're just trying to figure out a way of staying in Russia while we're awaiting the results. We're currently here on the 90/180 visa, so lets see what happens...

Thanks to anyone who gave me advice on completing the RVP forms! :10518:

hamski
15-02-2008, 13:15
As for rudeness and waiting in line? maybe a bit of social engineering may be required?

The thought had crossed my mind...

Yeah, totally agree with you - I'm based in Perm, and even between different people in the one office for the region I live in there have been quite different opinions and misunderstandings. This is where social engineering could also come in handy...:thumbsup:

raza
15-02-2008, 14:07
After getting temp res, I would like to know. What is the procedure of getting permanent rediency? Do I need to show my bank statement and tax record?

areej.masad
14-04-2008, 23:40
is it allowed to apply for temporary residancy while on work visa?

Maxim
14-04-2008, 23:59
is it allowed to apply for temporary residancy while on work visa?Sure.

After getting temp res, I would like to know. What is the procedure of getting permanent rediency?Almost the same as temp. res., but can be done only after a year of living with temp.res.

Bels
15-04-2008, 00:01
I don't see why not. Nowadays it helps more that you are married to a Russian. I think it helps even more if you also have children.

Otherwise you are on this difficult quota system. I will ask again , has their been any nglish natives who have been successful on this quota system, who have not been married to a Russian. Because so far I havn't heard of anyone being successful if they have not been married to a Russian.

Hey!! his is worse than Britain. Who criticises British policy :) As there are more ways to get into Britain, and they nca function the way they want to :)

Russia is losing out on good investment here :) as usual :(

Bels
15-04-2008, 01:39
Sure.

Almost the same as temp. res., but can be done only after a year of living with temp.res.

New laws state it is best that you get permanent residency within the first year of temporary. Otherwise you wise you have to wait three years , when your temporary residency is over, and go through that horrible process of going through it all again, in having to apply for a visa yet again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the moment you are best to apply for permanent in your first year of temporary. Crazy I know, but that's the way it is.

Do you honestly want to go through it again!! after what you've been through. If you do it again in your first year you will have to go through everything again, including the medicals, it's crazy I know!! Bu that's the way it is. The only thing you won't have to do is get another police check. Bu everything else? Yes.

kebab
19-04-2008, 13:01
Two questions: If you work in Russia and have temp residency do you need a work permit as some people say yes and others no.
Bels why do you say there is no chance of getting temp residency without being married to a Russian as I know people who have applied and aren't married or from CIS countries.

phoenixsampras
19-04-2008, 14:02
By the way, is very necessary to speak Russian to get permanent residency?

New laws state it is best that you get permanent residency within the first year of temporary. Otherwise you wise you have to wait three years , when your temporary residency is over, and go through that horrible process of going through it all again, in having to apply for a visa yet again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the moment you are best to apply for permanent in your first year of temporary. Crazy I know, but that's the way it is.

Do you honestly want to go through it again!! after what you've been through. If you do it again in your first year you will have to go through everything again, including the medicals, it's crazy I know!! Bu that's the way it is. The only thing you won't have to do is get another police check. Bu everything else? Yes.

Bels
19-04-2008, 14:34
Two questions: If you work in Russia and have temp residency do you need a work permit as some people say yes and others no.
Bels why do you say there is no chance of getting temp residency without being married to a Russian as I know people who have applied and aren't married or from CIS countries.

I didn't say that, but it is very difficult now to get in this quota. And I don't know of any westerners managing to get a temporary residency without being married to a Russia. I have asked for members who are not married to Russian to let us know if they have succeeded in getting residency. Also registering accomadation is a big problem to prove for an expat without a Russian spouse.

Bels
19-04-2008, 14:37
By the way, is very necessary to speak Russian to get permanent residency?

No it's not necessary, but it helps if you have to apply on your own, without the assistance of your Russian spouse.

kebab
20-04-2008, 10:21
Can you tell me if you have temp residency do you still need a work permit?

Bels
20-04-2008, 13:37
Can you tell me if you have temp residency do you still need a work permit?

Sort of, but no problem if you get a work contract from a legitamite company who can employ foreigner. You don't have to leave the country to get it.
You don't have the same complications of those who need a visa. our employer be able to deal with all of it. If your employer doesn't know, it's not a legitimate employer.

phoenixsampras
20-04-2008, 18:37
Thank you for the reply Bels,

Could you say for most of us who wants permanent residency, what are the requirements for "permanent residency" ?

Thank you in advance.

Sort of, but no problem if you get a work contract from a legitamite company who can employ foreigner. You don't have to leave the country to get it.
You don't have the same complications of those who need a visa. our employer be able to deal with all of it. If your employer doesn't know, it's not a legitimate employer.

Bels
20-04-2008, 19:06
Thank you for the reply Bels,

Could you say for most of us who wants permanent residency, what are the requirements for "permanent residency" ?

Thank you in advance.

I haven't got mine yet, but I've been advised to get it within my first year of getting my temporary. Otherwise I have to wait three years when my temporary visa period runs out, and go through the same process again, and a six or seven month wait for approval, and on the dependancy of the business or personal invitation visa application, yet again.

The requirements are going through the whole process the same as you did to apply for your temporary, except the police check won't be required the second, but the medical checks will for example. Yes I know, it's crazy, but that's the way it is.

So to summarise, get your permanent in your first year of getting your temp.

phoenixsampras
20-04-2008, 21:31
Are you sure about this? the rules says, only after 1 year after getting the temp res. Now im confused... is that a new law that you are referring to?

I haven't got mine yet, but I've been advised to get it within my first year of getting my temporary. Otherwise I have to wait three years when my temporary visa period runs out, and go through the same process again, and a six or seven month wait for approval, and on the dependancy of the business or personal invitation visa application, yet again.

The requirements are going through the whole process the same as you did to apply for your temporary, except the police check won't be required the second, but the medical checks will for example. Yes I know, it's crazy, but that's the way it is.

So to summarise, get your permanent in your first year of getting your temp.

Bels
20-04-2008, 22:03
You are correct, and I believed the same.This is through the grapevine from a local Turkish husband married to a Russian wife who got his residency a few months later than me. It may well be a new law and my wife is taking it seriously from this word of mouth, and we are investigating. I will let you know of this news. We can go immediatley for permanent residency immediately as we are married more than three years, that I am certain about.

It is a forum, and I would welcome other members to comment on this issue, as I'm uncertain at the moment. That's what's good about a public forum, as we can sort it out together and get issues confirmed.

23-04-2008, 14:56
Bels,

As I told you by PM I saw your message only yesterday and was very surprised. I checked this morning by calling the head of the FMS, I confirm here that your information is completely WRONG: Even after +3 years marriage with a RF citizen you MUST wait one year with the RVP, to receive the VnJ (Vid na Jitslstvo). NO EXCEPTION.

If your Turkish guy said true, it means that he PAID to receive his VnJ without waiting one year. It is possible to do this but completely illegal, and the VnJ can be canceled at any time if an official sees this. After canceling it, the guy will be banned from RF a few years.

The only advantage that brings a +3 years marriage with a RF citizen is that you can get the RF citizenship immediately (and quickly, about 3 months) with the VnJ. Others have to wait 5 years living in RF.

You are correct, and I believed the same.This is through the grapevine from a local Turkish husband married to a Russian wife who got his residency a few months later than me. It may well be a new law and my wife is taking it seriously from this word of mouth, and we are investigating. I will let you know of this news. We can go immediatley for permanent residency immediately as we are married more than three years, that I am certain about.

It is a forum, and I would welcome other members to comment on this issue, as I'm uncertain at the moment. That's what's good about a public forum, as we can sort it out together and get issues confirmed.

Maxim
23-04-2008, 15:04
Please note - there are different laws for you guys and for non-visa immigrants.
They can get VNJ faster.

Canadiantraveler
23-04-2008, 15:28
Can someone please tell me what I need to do before leaving Canada to move to Moscow with my Russian husband (married 2 years)? What is the best visa to get prior to going? What papers should I bring? And what do you all mean by apostille? Do I have to get things (marriage cert.) noterized?

I am really worried about going and having to come back to Canada to wait as I really cannot afford it.

I would appriciate as detailed of answers as I can get.

Thank you

23-04-2008, 20:58
It depends what you want to do :) Assuming it is to receive a residence permit (temporary first), you need a notarized with apostille marriage certificate (if it wasn't in Russia, then you will make it translated into Russian here).
Apostille is a stamp that means nothing in fact, but that all countries love! It comes from a convention in Den Haag that wanted to legalize documents of one coutry for other countries. Usually notaries do it, or your administration. Apostille is always put in the country the documents come from, of course.

Best visa? Depends if you want to stay here, anyway by the law you cannot stay more than 90 days every 180 days. I know that some guys turn this by using tourist visas instead of "business visa", taking profit that the law is not really applied in Russia about this, but it isn't recommended: The day administration will decide to catch one or two and ban them for 5 years, better not to be one of them :)

Some companies, if you pay them, will boost the processing of your residence permit, but you will more than probably have to leave some time before it is ready.

Good luck!

Can someone please tell me what I need to do before leaving Canada to move to Moscow with my Russian husband (married 2 years)? What is the best visa to get prior to going? What papers should I bring? And what do you all mean by apostille? Do I have to get things (marriage cert.) noterized?

I am really worried about going and having to come back to Canada to wait as I really cannot afford it.

Thank you

Canadiantraveler
23-04-2008, 21:47
I am thinking now about apply to go to school and study Russian (I need to learn anyway) because it seems that this way I can get a farely long term visa. I was looking at studying at Center for Russian Language and Culture in Moscow.

Oh and we got married in Canada.

Bels
24-04-2008, 13:06

Thank you

Very important to save yourself some time before coming here. Police check, with apostile, marriage certificate with appostille or legalisation Britain calls it. In Britain, the a dept from the Ministry of foreign affairs does the apostil.
I have given web addresses on a director for various nationalities including Canadians smewhere.

phoenixsampras
30-04-2008, 07:03
Are you saying, YES people with Temp Res needs to get a work permit, and the employee must not worry about this topic and its 100% the employer responsibility? or some paperwork is necessary from the employee side?.

Honestly i could not find the procedure (steps) for Temp Res Working status and procedures. I pay taxes yes (dammit!!).

hamski
04-07-2008, 12:19
Applied for my temporary residency in February, got it on Monday! Luckily I have some contacts in the local government here in Perm, which probably helped speed it up a bit!

:celebrate:

Thanks to everyone who gave me any advice while I was applying, I'm still in shock that I finally got it! Here's a few things that people applying/waiting for temp. residency might find useful...

1) Don't be afraid to ask questions - you only find out information from the staff by asking them, they're not going to explain everything clearly and properly straight away.

2) ALWAYS take ALL your documents PLUS photocopies to an meeting you have. You never know when they might want to see something again, or take another copy.

3) When you finally actually get your temp. residence, it doesn't mean that everything's over. You still need to get a registration stamp, which involves filling out plenty more papers, getting them stamped, and going to the militsiya to get your fingerprints taken. You also have to submit financial records every year, and will require an exit visa every time you want to leave the country.

Hope this helps, I'll be happy to answer any questions.

:uk:

Bels
04-07-2008, 21:46
Applied for my temporary residency in February, got it on Monday! Luckily I have some contacts in the local government here in Perm, which probably helped speed it up a bit!

:celebrate:

Thanks to everyone who gave me any advice while I was applying, I'm still in shock that I finally got it! Here's a few things that people applying/waiting for temp. residency might find useful...

1) Don't be afraid to ask questions - you only find out information from the staff by asking them, they're not going to explain everything clearly and properly straight away.

2) ALWAYS take ALL your documents PLUS photocopies to an meeting you have. You never know when they might want to see something again, or take another copy.

3) When you finally actually get your temp. residence, it doesn't mean that everything's over. You still need to get a registration stamp, which involves filling out plenty more papers, getting them stamped, and going to the militsiya to get your fingerprints taken. You also have to submit financial records every year, and will require an exit visa every time you want to leave the country.

Hope this helps, I'll be happy to answer any questions.

:uk:

Congratulations on you getting your temporary residency. :fireworks:

And yes all of what you have experienced was pretty much the same for me. So info is accurate.

Oliver and Inna
10-07-2008, 15:52
Здравствуйте,

Где подавать документы на временное проживание для моего мужа. Возможно-ли это сделать в Англии до приезда в Россию? И нет-ли у Вас списка инфекционных заболеваний которые необходимо проверять? (A document confirming that the Foreigner is not a drug addict and has no infectious diseases stated in a list approved by Russian Government)

Заранее спасибо,

Инна

phoenixsampras
11-07-2008, 23:53
Post in English, this is supposed to be a English forum... Hey you joint of ....b.. moderators, where are you all when needed? :jester:

Besides the translation button is to far from me...

Здравствуйте,

Где подавать документы на временное проживание для моего мужа. Возможно-ли это сделать в Англии до приезда в Россию? И нет-ли у Вас списка инфекционных заболеваний которые необходимо проверять? (A document confirming that the Foreigner is not a drug addict and has no infectious diseases stated in a list approved by Russian Government)

Заранее спасибо,

Инна

mirfanh
06-08-2008, 16:43
I am married to a Russian woman 8 years ago , having a daughter in Moscow
now 6 years old .Travel to Moscow all the time on 90 Days VISA ,
never applied for Residency Permit .
This year I am seeking a reputable agency to get papers submit and apply .
Although I have enough information how can apply on my own , but I think better make responsible someone and Pay , otherwise Authorities work in a manner which hampers my work or job to ask them every week after submitting Documents .I also studied in Russia so I have no problem in Communicating .but now I Think I have to join my family and not to leave the Country.if anyone advice me any good agency in Moscow ,
Thank you all

Maxim
06-08-2008, 16:57
No agency will help you.

You will need to go to each and every place by your own as I know.

So as I understand its just a waste of money.

Bels
06-08-2008, 19:53
There are some poxy websites recommending them, don't believe it, the best agent is your Russian spouse. Just go straight to your FMS and get the forms.

MaltSokol
07-08-2008, 15:23
the best agent is your Russian spouse.

I totally agree. And the best courier is your retired mother-in-law. :)

Bels
07-08-2008, 15:39
I am married to a Russian woman 8 years ago , having a daughter in Moscow
now 6 years old .Travel to Moscow all the time on 90 Days VISA ,
never applied for Residency Permit .
This year I am seeking a reputable agency to get papers submit and apply .
Although I have enough information how can apply on my own , but I think better make responsible someone and Pay , otherwise Authorities work in a manner which hampers my work or job to ask them every week after submitting Documents .I also studied in Russia so I have no problem in Communicating .but now I Think I have to join my family and not to leave the Country.if anyone advice me any good agency in Moscow ,
Thank you all

It's unlikely that you will be called again after all your documents have been submitted. The local FMS officer officer will go through all the documents to ensure there are no mistakes. A common error seems to be spelling errors in translation of names for example. For example what is the official russian translation for "SMITH" Believe me thee is only one, and they do have a reference book somewhere.

Only you can get your police check and get it legalised, only you can go and get your medicals done, and only you can discuss matters with the FMS officer.

so what on earth is an agent going to do for you? And that's what your FMS officer will ask you also.

MaltSokol
07-08-2008, 15:47
I am doing this stuff right now. I had my medical tests done today at a state infection hospital, here in Piter.

First we asked some agencies, just to know in what way they can help. The price was 30,000 to 45,000 roubles. On the phone they would ask us if I was exempt of quota, if my wife had propiska in St.Peterburg, if we owned the apartment where I intend to live, etc etc. As we comply all these requirements, they said that their service would be "legal support to fill out the questionnaires, recommendation where to do the medical tests and do the queue at UFMS for you."... for 45,000 roubles!!!!

I think these agencies are only useful if you lack some requirements. I will have everything ready in 2-3 weeks, so I'll try to put a fresh report here. But anyway, every UFMS/FMS/OVIR seems to work on its own, so there is no universal truth.

At my UFMS, Vassileostrovsky Rayon SPb, I was kindly told by the civil servants to stick to the following list of requirements.
http://www.ufms.spb.ru/docs/04063.doc

Bels
07-08-2008, 16:00
I am doing this stuff right now. I had my medical tests done today at a state infection hospital, here in Piter.

First we asked some agencies, just to know in what way they can help. The price was 30,000 to 45,000 roubles. On the phone they would ask us if I was exempt of quota, if my wife had propiska in St.Peterburg, if we owned the apartment where I intend to live, etc etc. As we comply all these requirements, they said that their service would be "legal support to fill out the questionnaires, recommendation where to do the medical tests and do the queue at UFMS for you."... for 45,000 roubles!!!!

I think these agencies are only useful if you lack some requirements. I will have everything ready in 2-3 weeks, so I'll try to put a fresh report here. But anyway, every UFMS/FMS/OVIR seems to work on its own, so there is no universal truth.

At my UFMS, Vassileostrovsky Rayon SPb, I was kindly told by the civil servants to stick to the following list of requirements.
http://www.ufms.spb.ru/docs/04063.doc

First of all, allow your Russian speaking native spouse fill in all the forms, and you sign. The FMS officer will check all your documents with you both, and check for mistakes.

The list of required clinics will be at your local FMS, and you should not use clinics which are not listed.

So when do you need an agent?? I suppose it's when you don't have a Russian speaking spouse, or that you are not fluent in Russian. So how many applicants don't have a native Russian spouse? Very few I think.

So if your not married to a Russian spouse, and you need to be in the quota, then I say you might need one. And I also say GOOD LUCK! Because you will need it, as I don't think these agencies give you guarantees of success, with your money back!

I have never known a Westerner ever to be successful in TMP on the quota system.

Bels
07-08-2008, 16:09
Queues are relatively short for TRP, in comparison to those with pension enquiroes or internal passport application.

Just make sure you've found the correct office door and queue, and don't line up in the wrong one :)

In my local FMS there was a system. Somebody in the queue would write down on a sheet everybodies name. So say you were number 15, you would then go out, perhaps have a coffee etc, and then try your luck in an hours time. And no , they haven't thought of the numbered ticket sytem you have in the UK. And I don't think they understand the word appointment

MaltSokol
07-08-2008, 18:19
So if your not married to a Russian spouse, and you need to be in the quota, then I say you might need one

I reckon it's easier to get a fake marriage than getting yourself in the quota with an agency. (not advising it to anyone, though :) )

In my local FMS there was a system. Somebody in the queue would write down on a sheet everybodies name. So say you were number 15, you would then go out, perhaps have a coffee etc, and then try your luck in an hours time.

In my UFMS you're not getting in if you are the 15th in the list... they have a mere 2 hour window for приём. :(
I asked the first ones in the queue how they made it, and they told me they had arrived at 1.00 am the previous night and slept in their car having parked next to the office. (!!!)
The next person arrived at 6.00 am and they gave him the list. (working time is 16.00 to 18.00 twice a week).

It's the same as buying an iPhone or a PS3 the first week it is available. :neiner:

Bels
07-08-2008, 19:35
I must have been luckier with queues than others, but myFMS was in western region in odentsova. I would love to hear from others about queueing in the FMS. Was it really that bad!! Someimes we got in within an hour, but you do need a good Russian spouse to keep in communication, otherwise be fluent in Russian.

So what's it really like in the main part of Moscow? As I and I am sure many others would love to hear from you. To be honest I don't think it's too bad if you know what you are doing.

Please!! I am fully aware that many of you are experiencing this process at the moment. What do you say: Judge, Ezik, Kapione, and there are more of you I know who are going through this terrible time, same as I did.

And what do I say, thank goodness it's over, but no!! it's not over, because soon I will go through it all over again for my permanent residential permit in a few months time!

ezik
19-08-2008, 19:37
Applied for my RVP in March, on the basis of being married to a Russian citizen.
The RVP was ready in June, but I could only pick it up last week as before that we were in the NL.

It took only 3 months as my application was made "urgent".

ezik
19-08-2008, 19:58
I'm located in the centre and went to the Ulitsa Pokrovka 42 location. The queues were long and didn't look nice to be in at all. But, as I was told, it is slightly better than at Bolshaya Gruzhinskaya.

Fortunately (for me), I only had to go to the 2nd floor, as my application was put on a fast track thanks to some friends.:10600:

Had to wait for all the medical tests and all other queues, though. I always made sure to have a drink and a fully charged phone with a good game on it with me.

A few tips:
- get the medical tests done in one day: just start early and go from location to location quickly. Ask for locations where you can file your application for the medical tests. I used a location near Taganskaya/Marksistskaya, which was virtually empty.
- there is a queue-etiquette, use it. Where ever you come in, ask who is last (if possible) and confirm with the person in front of you that you are behind him/her. You might want to practice this before doing it at an UFMS office.
- make 100% sure that you have all the official paperwork in order, including apostilles, translations and plenty of copies of passport, visa etc.
- always carry a pen
- practice writing in Russian, as your application form needs to be filled in in Russian. What you need to write includes your name, address, name of your spouse, reason for application etc.

I must have been luckier with queues than others, but myFMS was in western region in odentsova. I would love to hear from others about queueing in the FMS. Was it really that bad!! Someimes we got in within an hour, but you do need a good Russian spouse to keep in communication, otherwise be fluent in Russian.

So what's it really like in the main part of Moscow? As I and I am sure many others would love to hear from you. To be honest I don't think it's too bad if you know what you are doing.

Please!! I am fully aware that many of you are experiencing this process at the moment. What do you say: Judge, Ezik, Kapione, and there are more of you I know who are going through this terrible time, same as I did.

And what do I say, thank goodness it's over, but no!! it's not over, because soon I will go through it all over again for my permanent residential permit in a few months time!