PDA

View Full Version : Dia dhuit!

paulflano
15-08-2014, 08:18
Hi,

Irishman living and working in Zelenograd, just outside moscow here.

Been here for 3 months and planning to be here for maybe over a year.

So fair i've had my passport (visa/immigration card/ registration card) and wallet (cash/bank card/ work card) stolen! (please everyone keep your belongings safe and keep and eye out on the street!)

Still loving russia though!

Hit me up if anyone is around the area. I'm very earger to join a kickboxing/ muai thai class (possibly in green citi gym), do a bit of mountain/ forest trail biking and learn as much russian as i can!

Cheers,

Paul

vossy7
15-08-2014, 08:41
Welcome Paulflano.......reminds me of Flann O'Brien one of my favorite irish writers.....
Spent a lot of time in Zelenograd in the early 90s when it was being hailed as the Russian silicon valley......never really took off!
Looks like you have been very unlucky in a short period of time, never had anything stolen in all my years here. Get yourself registered at the Irish Embassy to hear of the Irish events happening irishembassymoscow@dfa.ie .

TolkoRaz
15-08-2014, 09:12
Hit me up?

Hurley Sticks are not permitted in the RF!

Welcome :)

If you are looking for work, there are plenty of opportunities in the Ukraine for little green men! ;)

vossy7
15-08-2014, 09:24
Who said anything about little, TR ;)

paulflano
15-08-2014, 09:31
Thanks guys! I'm a long time registered with the embassy... I think they everyone in the office knows me now as "that eegit" :-)

yea woking as part of that silicon valley at the minute... My sentiments are simmilar!

Cheers for the welcome anyhow! some great info here on the fourms!

vossy7
15-08-2014, 09:36
Thanks guys! I'm a long time registered with the embassy... I think they everyone in the office knows me now as "that eegit" :-)

yea woking as part of that silicon valley at the minute... My sentiments are simmilar!

Cheers for the welcome anyhow! some great info here on the fourms!

We've all been eegits sometime or other......yeah beat my head against the walls of Kvant in frustration in the 90s :happymad:

Judge
15-08-2014, 19:33
Hi, welcome to the site....

finnandcork
15-08-2014, 19:43
Dia is Muire dhuit

Welcome to Moscow Paul
Flann O Brien? The Poor Mouth is brilliant, as is everything he wrote.

I recently reread Seamas O'Kelly "The Weavers Grave", bozhe moy, the intensity of the scene, an Irish Bunin, too sad he left us with , I think, a couple books.